Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 24, 2016 3:23 AM

Nov 2013
Quite dissapointed because this is tagged as Josei which is genre I kinda like, but this show is Nothing more here than bland shounen anime with a lot of unnecessary flashback and stereotype characters.

I don't consider it a bad show but it's definitely forgettable.

But, I like the OP; EVERY TIME I WANNA DIE (wtf this lyric lol)

Also, Where's Wrath,??? she's quite looking hot babe...
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 24, 2016 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
lol this reminds me of Soul Eater ending like WTF!!!
Sep 24, 2016 2:53 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, this anime. Hmm, quite the rollercoaster in my opinion XD
It had some good stuff, I really liked the idea of servamps, how each of them represent one sin, they have new names their master give to them, weapons based on their master personality, the item that their eve gives to them if destroyed can kill them...some nice ideas. I loved the aesthetics of it, creepy and cute at the same time.
But, something was definitely lacking. Maybe it was character development? It had some, of course, specially Kuro and Hyde, but...
For me Mahiru was a really bland main character too...
Giving this a 6 'cause it had some good things that I really liked, but the execution was quite poorly. Tsubaki's end was WTF and I really liked him as an antagonist...
I will try to check the manga, maybe it is better o-o

Sep 25, 2016 12:52 AM

Jun 2016
I dont really get the ending...everything ended with just a hug? and there were so many things left unexplained.
Sep 25, 2016 11:42 AM

Aug 2015
Well, as they say, Friendship is Magic.
Sep 27, 2016 11:41 PM

Jun 2011
Final episode was terrible, protagonist was terrible, everything else is pretty good. As I expected, rushed ending because of the 12 episodes limitation. I really, really dislike the "no kill" policy for a protagonist, it's so annoying because it doesn't make sense, it often doesn't fit into the protagonist's own character narrative and protagonist often just do it because it's a thing a protagonist should be doing.

Another thing, I feel like a lot of people didn't actually give the series a chance. Every new season, you see titles and promotional pictures that seem really generic, but you still gotta watch them because why not, it's free, but I feel like a lot of people already have an opinion on the series despite not having watched it yet, and label it as just another generic show. Every new season, before it even started, you already know what type of series is going to be ranked high, or what type of series is going to be ranked averagely. Short anime series never stood a chance, unless it's some beautifully animated, "deep", touching stories. It's just unfair that some series don't get the equal chance other series get, just because it doesn't look the look. /rant
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 29, 2016 9:42 PM

Jan 2014
What kind of ending was that? Why did Tsubaki suddenly change his attitude? WHY DID MIHARU JUST LEAVE HIS 'BEST FRIEND' SAKUYA TO DIE ON THE ROOF? IS HYDE OKAY? WHY DID LILY JUST DISAPPEAR BEFORE WITH AN OMINOUS "YOU'LL UNDERSTAND ONE DAY"? WHAT THE FUCK EVEN HAPPENED!? I'm picking up the damn manga.
JotakakSep 29, 2016 9:45 PM
Sep 29, 2016 9:43 PM

Dec 2009
I don't even know what the fuck happened. What WAS THIS SHIT!? The last episode made no god damn sense, everything was rushed to hell. We found out literally nothing about Tsubaki's past and why he was fucking changed by getting hugged by Mahiru. We never found out why Kuro killed his father/creator. Why the fuck did Mahiru just not give a shit about Sakuya, HIS BEST FRIEND!? I don't get it, how is this even allowed to be an ending? I thought Kumamiko had the worst anime ending this year, but fucking Servamp took the cake. I liked this series too :/ guess I'll go read the manga.
Sep 30, 2016 12:38 AM

Oct 2015
The ending was not so hot but Kuro was a cool character. I will miss sleepy ash and Tsubakis laugh. Although in the end i wish he did not repent and had a death match (not a hug). Good series to say the least and enjoyable.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 30, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
Wait, what the hell was with the ending? That's just it?
Well, at least this anime wasn't so bad like rest this season.
But not a good one either. So I'll rate this a 6 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 2, 2016 10:49 PM

Mar 2012
Was going pretty well up until last episode, couple that with this very mediocre ending and it just meh. Was expecting way better than a hug to finish a season...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 7, 2016 7:49 AM

Jun 2014
Okay, I don't get this ending at all.

I sympathized with Tsubaki a little bit once his flashback was shown, but then the last 2 minutes completely ruined that. All he needed was a hug, and that makes him change his ways? Incredibly anticlimactic.

Also, this series just loves painting Sakuya as a saint, don't they? -_- He's an antihero, and I feel like the staff kept on forgetting that.

Overall, this wasn't a horrible series, but it was definitely disappointing following the first half. The pacing was completely rushed, most of the characters got zero to little development, and I didn't understand what was going on whatsoever.

There's so many unanswered questions that leave the door open for a second season, which I assume we're not getting. Oh well, I guess reading the manga will be fine enough, especially since I've heard they completely skipped over interesting details.

7/10 for me. The best parts about this series were the consistent animation, the good score, and Kuro himself. Considering the first episode was incredibly promising, this wasn't what I expected. But hey, could have been worse.
Oct 11, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 2010
i came here to see whether anyone could explain the last episode lmao bc i really dont get it at all

then again
i might need a hug bc this anime was so shit i really wanted to cry but i never had high hopes when the protag started to self pity himself haha i liked Sakuya tho even tho his character was so cliche.

4/10 overall i guess.
Oct 12, 2016 3:53 AM
Oct 2016
12 episodes for a botched end
Oct 12, 2016 7:59 AM
Jan 2016
WTF ?????? I'm confused. I want more. What happened to Tsubaki and hyde ?????
Oct 15, 2016 12:09 PM

Nov 2013
I've read the manga up to chapter 56, and it sucks they didn't set it up for a season 2... It was just hug and The End! Everyone can get back to their lives now. All they needed was one more episode to make a better ending... ;_;

I hope another studio picks it up. :/
Oct 25, 2016 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
wtf happened with that ending lmao, the adapatation was rather okayish up to ep 11 but welp that went straight down to hell with that last ep, they destroyed the anime, the next arc was supposed to be with the C-3 and such they could have made an open ending but they decided to go with an anime original ending which sucked. Welp
For the people who kinda want to know what happened, hyde lost his djinns, tsubaki was about to fight kuro when the c-3 members came in and controlled the situation, after that the anime and manga went separate ways.
CymborOct 25, 2016 2:29 PM
Nov 2, 2016 9:29 PM
Dec 2007
An ok ending~ they tried to fit as much as they could in 12 eps and cut too much out.... but I prefer the manga :>
Nov 8, 2016 12:25 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah this ending was just bad if they would of made it longer it would of been good, 2 cour and it would of been fleshed out, heck, even having 13 episodes would of been enough to give Tsubaki a real backstory, the what 6-9 min flashback they gave just opened more questions then answers... Well I can't say I didn't enjoy it till this episode so Ill give it a generous 6 for trying. It's hard to be deep with so little time.

After reading the comments I may pick up the manga.
Dec 9, 2016 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
I'm never too critical when rating or giving my opinion on animes, but I can't remember an anime finale that disappointed me as much as this one!! At least not anything that I've watched recently. My disappointment is particularly strong with this one because I actually really liked the story as it progressed... but that ending!! Just.... what???!

Where to begin...?!

Tsubaki's sudden "change" at the which was left unexplained...
Was the fox shown in his past his subconscious? Or some other entity altogether?...
Sakuya's not in jail, so where is he now?...
Greed, I assume he's okay despite being "broken" and all the theatrics afterwards...
Pride, so he's okay now too even after all that trouble Tsubaki's crew went through to teleport him to him so he can supposedly get rid of him?
And why were they targeting him out of the other siblings anyway?...
What's the deal with Misono's older brother? Why does he hate him so much?...
C3, how did they form? How involved are they exactly? What prompted them to suddenly want the Servamp creator killed?...
Just who was their creator/Tsubaki's teacher? And how and why did he even create Servamps?
And there's the thing that's bothered me a lot through watching this series: Where are Gluttony and Wrath?! It's like the writers were hoping everyone will just casually forget that there are two more Servamp siblings.

To tend this comment on a happier note however, I will say that I still thoroughly enjoyed watching this anime. From the characters to their seiyuus (I'm still impressed with their line-up, so many familiar voices which made me so happy to hear, made me wish the supporting characters had more lines!)... despite the ending― I"ll pretend it ended better in my head, lol ―I'm still going to miss this show.

As per usual for animes with unsatisfying endings: Off to read the manga I go~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 19, 2016 11:52 PM

May 2016
So this is the last episode?? I don't get it why the villain didn't die and his personality changed?? What happened ? tsk. Best Vampire anime though. It's fun to watch :D
Dec 28, 2016 8:35 PM

Mar 2015
That was a lousy ending that didn't really do anything!!

4/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 6, 2017 12:08 PM
Nov 2016
What . what . how can you even say such disgustig things . I'm glad at least I have the fandom which supports it ..u creatures . I despise u all. I'll set y'all on fire and laugh like Tsubaki I asure you
Jan 12, 2017 11:01 AM
Jan 2017
OK to clarify, yes the anime was rushed. They missed BIG points compared to the manga. For example, the chapter where Lily lost his Jin, that was never told in the anime. The ending was told differently, Mahiru never opened up Tsubaki's past.

The characters were rushed, you didn't get to meet Licht and Hyde until around chapter 20, I can't remember. C3 didn't show up until Kuro and Tsubaki had the small one on one.

But, I want to say that everyone has there own opinion on this and I'm OK with it. No one can like what you like, that's OK. Honestly after I watched the anime, I just fell in love with the characters and I turned my attention to the Manga with more story written. To answer a post, yes the Manga is still ongoing, there are currently 10 volumes out I have the 8th one.

I loved the story that was written, I love the characters and their personalities. I would recommend Servamp, but read the Manga first before the anime and you'll understand it a bit more, with the story.

10/10 cause Kuro and Sakuya are children and did nothing wrong
wwenaieJan 12, 2017 11:05 AM
Feb 2, 2017 7:17 PM
Sep 2016
Well. the Manga is stil ongoing, all of yur quetion maybe will answerd on manga...

maybe many people said this anime is bad, but for me... its interesting and i love it. this one make me fun. the story is not bored i think. There's comedy, but sometime seriouse too. im enjoy watching Servamp, i'v watch vampires anime like Diabol, Vampire knight, dll but this one hv a differemce taste for me.
im looking forward for second season...

betewey, i've heard the autor get sick, so he'll be hiatus... IDK. Get well soon sensei... I this so much....
Feb 8, 2017 1:02 PM
Jan 2016
The first four or so episodes were really promising to me, but I feel like this show didn't do too well at structuring the plot. There were well implemented scenes - many of those - but as a whole the story was hard to grasp at times. I feel like overall this anime had plenty of potential, but the execution definitely left hope for improvement. Rushed endings seem to be extremely common for 12 episodes anime, but even considering that, I was disappointed by the ending. I had to pause for multiple times in order to follow what's happening, like in the scene where Mahiru leaps at Tsubaki and hugs him. That and the conclusion with Tsubaki seemed way too random to me. Also, what happened with Hyde really confused me, as it was never explained what actually happened to him and how he survived - which I'm assuming he did?

As I said, the anime had it's moments, like the story of Hyde and his Eve and their character development, which I found touching. Also episode 4 was very emotional and well implemented in my opinion, as well as some scenes between Mahiru and Kuro. However, regarding the whole anime, it was worth a 7/10 for me, losing points for the overall handling of the plot and the way too rushed ending.
Jun 22, 2017 6:05 PM
May 2017
Do any of you know what happened to Sakuya? I would've thought that Mahiru and him would become friends again
Apr 25, 2018 2:40 AM

Dec 2009
I really don't like leaving bad reviews especially if it's the last episode but damn, this has such a bad ending. I can't even classify this as an OK ending.

This also reminds me a lot of Karneval maybe because of the drawing and the animation.. That anime also has an abrupt ending but I can consider it as an "OK" ending but this one...this one is just bad.

Also the MC is not interesting.. I find the villain and Angel-chan (and Greed too, I guess) more interesting characters. Tf!
Feb 5, 2019 8:30 AM

Mar 2018
It kinda was dissapointing tbh... I mean yea the idea of servamps is great but I really expected a better story :/
over all it was fine
Feb 16, 2019 3:54 PM
Jun 2010
animefan8800 said:
So...that's it? That was pretty damn rushed and lousy as an ending. So is hedgehog dead or not? If not, why not? Whatever, honestly don't even care. Which sums up my feeling regarding this series pretty well. Very little to say or comment on here. This series was mildly interesting at first, but by the end I finished it just to finish it. I partly blame myself. I knew it was unlikely I'd care much about this going in but I still tried it. Oh well, 5/10. It'll be quickly forgotten.

Yeah, thought the same thing about Greed, why didn't he die, although I remember something vaguely that 2 things have to be done to kill a servamp, the breaking of the item and something else..
Yep, the ending was too rushed. If there was a season 2 then maybe it wouldn't be.
Jun 19, 2019 9:51 PM
Aug 2018
That was so rush. And disappointing.

-I hope they explain more what happened to tsubaki. Damn i hope he stayed with his subclasses and they will be a happy family.

-and Hyde!! I thought when that thing gets broken he will break too, like literally break and dissappear. Though I don't want that to happen. So he will just be hedgehog forever??
Jan 10, 2020 1:01 PM
Nov 2017
I never read the manga so I didn't have any expectations to this show and I'm glad I watched it!

It was a hilarious, cute and action-filled season and I loved how there was a fight going in each episode.
I loved Kuro's attitude and Hyde's relationship with his Eve, super cute lol.

I really would LOVE a second season for the whole story to make sense. In my opinion, it was actually really nice. The last episode was really rushed though, but if the fight had lasted longer, it would've been a close 10. I give the Anime 9/10 overall and wishing for a second season some day.

Love Kuro ho ho
Mar 3, 2020 5:28 AM
Feb 2020
I loved servamp but just as I was in grossed it ended iver make season 2 or completely revamp it cuz I want more more more
Apr 5, 2020 9:11 AM
Apr 2016
Well that was a lame ending.
I really liked Servamp up till the final 2 minutes of the last episode. Like what just happened and right when I thought Mahiru finally got some development, the bad guy is not a bad guy anymore because of a hug and we totally didn't understand what happened with Hugh and Hyde, or who that Sensei was for that matter.
Servamp is totally and really enjoyable up till the last minute where you feel like the creators dropped the whole story down a cliff and were like we're done... The end

6/10 just for the bad ending
Aug 19, 2020 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
The servant vampire (servamp) world was kinda interesting but I feel like this adaptation was rushed with not enough time to make the characters relatable (or at least I didn't really care) and not properly finishing of the season.

Oct 23, 2020 10:08 PM

Oct 2009
i like quite a few characters. Licht and Kuro most x3
but don't understand the story lolz.
meh
Jan 1, 2021 8:57 PM

Oct 2019
dumb episode and stupidly homo anime.
Sep 4, 2021 10:14 AM
Aug 2020
What a piece of shit ending.

Kuro and Lawless was justified but subuki not? Just because they were in 'good' guys team?
They did him dirty!
Sep 4, 2021 10:19 AM
Aug 2020
wwenaie said:
OK to clarify, yes the anime was rushed. They missed BIG points compared to the manga. For example, the chapter where Lily lost his Jin, that was never told in the anime. The ending was told differently, Mahiru never opened up Tsubaki's past.

The characters were rushed, you didn't get to meet Licht and Hyde until around chapter 20, I can't remember. C3 didn't show up until Kuro and Tsubaki had the small one on one.

But, I want to say that everyone has there own opinion on this and I'm OK with it. No one can like what you like, that's OK. Honestly after I watched the anime, I just fell in love with the characters and I turned my attention to the Manga with more story written. To answer a post, yes the Manga is still ongoing, there are currently 10 volumes out I have the 8th one.

I loved the story that was written, I love the characters and their personalities. I would recommend Servamp, but read the Manga first before the anime and you'll understand it a bit more, with the story.

10/10 cause Kuro and Sakuya are children and did nothing wrong
Kuro was not innocent and he was responsible for the everything.

He thought servamps were monsters and killed its creator. But i dont get why he didnt kill himself and his siblings!

He is selfish! That's why! That piece of shit only because of being MC in the story justified all his deeds.

Fuck the ending!
Mar 9, 2022 1:43 PM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime!! I really fell in love with Kuro and Tsubaki. Kuro is super sexy and Tsubaki is an incredibly sexy psycopath.
Sep 22, 2022 6:22 PM
Jan 2017
Man, I really hate the main antagonist, he is so obnoxious, and this ending is pretty dumb. I guess the Manga might have explained why after all this destruction and killing he suddenly stops with just a hug. I mean I knew the ending would have been with the power of friendship, but I didn't think it would be so blunt.

Overall, I'm glad I got this mostly over with unless I somehow stumble upon the movie. The anime kind of felt like shounen with some flamboyant boys who can't decide if they want to be edgy or just make stupid sexy meme poses. I should get back to watching Natsume's Book of Friends, which despite being for a younger audience it's much more subtle and mature in it's story telling.
Oct 4, 2022 10:24 PM
Apr 2022
Alectrofag is UK's leading E-Cigarette specialist serving the passionate and ever-growing vaping community.
Alectrofag is one of the UK leading vape shops for electronic cigarettes, e-liquids, and all your vaping essentials. Our Alectrofag E-Cig Vape Shop Bolton sells a wide range of e-cigarettes, vape coils, e-liquids, vapor products, orange county cbd disposable, crystal pro bar, vaping hardware, and accessories.
Feb 28, 2:43 PM
Oct 2022
I like some phrases from the anime, somehow they inspire me
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Servamp Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2016

54 by YamiTuTu »»
Nov 19, 2023 5:15 PM

» Those who liked it, let's talk.

Sch4n - Jun 3, 2023

11 by MoonLightStory »»
Jun 13, 2023 4:49 PM

» The secondary character of Servamp (Kuro) has an excellent design

Elfezen - Dec 14, 2018

1 by britmiche »»
Apr 17, 2023 11:12 PM

Poll: » Servamp Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2016

24 by littlefrank103 »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:20 PM

Poll: » Servamp Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2016

30 by littlefrank103 »»
Sep 21, 2022 6:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.