Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 29, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2015
Theodor is smart, he was probably like "Oh Lise is probably a spy, fuck it I'll just play my own game"
Lise turning into a sadist, Onee-chan getting tortured. They need someone to make them know some "feelings" I'd do it.
Katia and Theodor getting chased around, Theodor looks fucked
We got Corsola from pokemon coming back m8
'Twas an okay episode.
AhoNoGinFeb 29, 2016 11:04 AM
Feb 29, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2015
if they didn't kill her in the end, i will give this show 4/10
i freaking hate her and i want her to died. seriously, that torture is really horrible. i can't even stand to watch it.
but dat ending was pretty good conclusion for the situation.
Feb 29, 2016 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
While this was An amazing episode, I had a sick feeling in my stomach until the end... I'm glad it ended on a positive note this episode though.
Mar 1, 2016 6:58 AM

Jan 2016
I always assume the worse till the anime points it out in a flashback or something. I believe the girls are being(or will be) raped and thats always bothers me in a series-Not a fan of that type of drama. They are soldiers and shouldn't be tortured that way. For a drama grab though the thought of rape makes sense unfortunately.

Hopefully they get rescued next week but I don't see that coming, I feel it will be a whole episode of torture and flashbacks.

There is so much else going on in this Episode I'll have to rewatch again later to make sense of the politics and beta imment invasion.
Maverick-samaMar 2, 2016 2:36 AM
Mar 1, 2016 1:22 PM

Nov 2015
Y'all Lise went from 0 to 100 real quick.

Mar 1, 2016 6:28 PM

Oct 2008
A reveal! Katia Waldheim is not her real name, It is: Ursula Strachwitz! the daughter of the hero of West Germany.
4/5.

Mar 1, 2016 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
Lise what a fuc*** bi***, i can't believe that she changed so much, all this time i had hope for her... but it turns out that she is a psycho/crazy/traitor bit***.
Katia <3 That ending full of hope.
I enjoy this anime but there is one thing that i sometimes can't understand, it is the plot around West & East Germany & Stasi. Like when Katia was talking that she went from West to save East because her father was a hero of West etc...
Hope they defeat stasi in the end.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 1, 2016 8:23 PM

Apr 2012
M4dhatter said:
Lise's greatest wish already fuffilled (having s*x with theo)
Now she went back on her original mission....damn stasi dog....

This made me laugh lol

Great episode as always!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 1, 2016 9:18 PM
Jan 2013
sinner23 said:
"Make her wish she'd never been born" said Lise. Judging by the sounds the guard was giving off(sounded like the fricken guard was climaxing), he was probably both beating & raping someone (sounded like pham).I don't wanna believe it was rape tho!!! Aghhhh!!

You kidding me? That's irrelevant. That kind of torture was counterproductive. Torture usually conducted to acquire some kind of information, in this case anti government base, so the victims judgement had to be clear! If some kind of (sexual) rape torture conducted, victim's mind gonna be a mess, then the info that torturer wanted to acquire would be hard to get in state of euphoric and traumatic at the same time... nobody does sexual torture during world war, except japanese (rape of nanking), but should the writer said it was rape in LN, that would be stupid and the chance is close to nonexistence.

Anyway, you're watching too much hentai. You want a study case, go watch pans labyrinth, there's torture scene, or the deer hunter, or rambo even...
Mar 2, 2016 1:03 AM

Jan 2013

I have to say Lise there looks nice like that. All sinister deviant like. Think I'm in love!
Quite an episode. Katia-chan ending the episode was a nice touch and glad Theo snapped out of it.
Mar 2, 2016 1:15 AM

Aug 2013
Not sure if Pham was getting beaten and raped, or if she was getting beaten and the older middle aged guy from the squad that nobody talks about was also getting beaten. Though judging from some of the LN/VN reader comments, looks like Pham just got beat up and only Sylvie and Lise were raped. That's fine then, lol.

ThePhoenician said:
GileonFletcher said:

I have a feeling she's going to end up being the redeemed tragic heroine and die by doing something big to save everyone (or something along those lines). She isn't totally evil which I think is fairly clear and in order to keep her relevant that almost has to happen.

Otherwise great episode. Still amazed it is rated so relatively poorly compared to other things this season.

I agree that she wasn't evil or bad to start with. However I don't believe anyone starts bad. Her life pretty much sucked and was likely pushed into it through torture and/or brainwashing, etc. However that doesn't change what she has done. I hope she does something to redeem herself even a little bit but I can't say I would ever forgive her.

She wasn't evil prior to becoming a Stasi dog. But ever since she was introduced she was evil. We saw her shadow when the one guy got executed be Beatrix. She was a terrible and pathetic liar when everyone accused her. She just keeps fooling everyone to thinking she's good because she seems normal when thinking about her brother. But she doesn't give a shit. She's fucked up and evil, and her brother is just a reward. She acts like she cares, but her loyalty to the Stasi will take priority.

Aquviel said:
First, I must say that what Lise have done is unforgivable, BUT there ia a reason for her actions. From muvluv.wikia:

In 1980, Lise and her family were caught by the STASI during their attempt to smuggle themselves over the Berlin wall. During their interrogation, none of them would confess to their crime, until one STASI official, Heinze Axmann, found Lise's weak point, her adoptive brother Theodor. A few days later, after being raped and having photos of the act taken, the STASI threatened to show the photos to Theodor.
Under pressure, Lise told them everything about the defection plan in order to keep Theodor safe. She was forced to joined STASI and became a swallow (a female spy who uses her body to get intelligence) while in 1981 she became a TSF pilot. In 1982 she was sent to serve frontier guard force and in one instance, she was forced to execute 20 people who wanted to defect to West Germany (including 2 teenagers and one baby).
Her TSF piloting skills were honed during the days she served the frontier guard force. This lead to her joining the Werewolf battalion. Beatrix Brehmer promised to let her meet Theodor and free him, if she could help the battalion instead of helping Heinze Axmann.
Thinking about the days before, of how she was called a traitor, a prostitute and was never treated fairly, she chose to help Beatrix Brehmer.
In February 1983, the STASI decided to send Lise to the 666th TSF squadron. She managed to trap the 666th TSF squadron, giving Beatrix Brehmer the chance to catch Irisdina Bernhard.

In 1980 she was 15; considering what she have endured, can anyone blame her for what she has become?

Yea. I can blame her. Sure, what happened to her is fucked up...majorly fucked up. Getting gang banged and then blackmailed into joining the Stasi like some kind of hentai character. It sucks. She also became a swallow so she was probably used and tossed around like a dirty jizz tissue. And I'm sure it reached the point where she was doing it willingly. Seeing as how she's Stasi loyal now. If she was really doing it for Theodor, then she would've held onto her sanity and became a double agent once she met her brother again. But instead, she became a prostitute informant (which she probably grew to enjoy), became a killing machine, and became a torture expert.

And her only redemption is death. Even if her situation made her what she is, doesn't change what she's done.

God, last week I was like "yea Theo, I feel sorry for you. Your sister is actually a traitor dog...but at least you got to smash that pussy once". But now it's like, that's what she did for a living. She was playing him using sex the whole time. God only knows what number he is in her fuck history. Could be 10, 20, even 30+.
Mar 2, 2016 1:20 AM

Aug 2013
opiktea said:

You kidding me? That's irrelevant. That kind of torture was counterproductive. Torture usually conducted to acquire some kind of information, in this case anti government base, so the victims judgement had to be clear! If some kind of (sexual) rape torture conducted, victim's mind gonna be a mess, then the info that torturer wanted to acquire would be hard to get in state of euphoric and traumatic at the same time... nobody does sexual torture during world war, except japanese (rape of nanking), but should the writer said it was rape in LN, that would be stupid and the chance is close to nonexistence.

Anyway, you're watching too much hentai. You want a study case, go watch pans labyrinth, there's torture scene, or the deer hunter, or rambo even...

Pfft. Holy shit, what are you 11? You obviously know nothing about war and torture. "nobody does sexual torture during world war"...you literally know nothing about war.

You also fail to realize that they weren't even trying to torture Pham for information. Lise had the guards "make her wish she was never born". That's not something you do in intelligence gathering.

Read some actual fucking historical articles and torture psychology kid.
Mar 2, 2016 3:14 AM

Nov 2014
I knew that bitch is a fucking traitor. Hope she'll die.
Mar 2, 2016 3:36 AM

May 2015
fool theodor, after had sex, now his brain gonna fuck himself
Mar 2, 2016 6:02 AM
Apr 2015
Jonesy974 said:
opiktea said:

Pfft. Holy shit, what are you 11? You obviously know nothing about war and torture. "nobody does sexual torture during world war"...you literally know nothing about war.

You also fail to realize that they weren't even trying to torture Pham for information. Lise had the guards "make her wish she was never born". That's not something you do in intelligence gathering.

I always wondered why they only talk about girls getting raped in these series and never about guys getting raped. They treat it like it's some kind of "special" evil only for women to have.
Mar 2, 2016 6:54 AM

Sep 2013
ElectricRed said:
Since the comments are yelling rape like a couple of headless chickens, I will tell you this the only people who got raped in this series are Sylwia and Lise. Also, don't remove this Mod, it is helpful for this comment section. All the girls in the interrogation rooms where not raped, they were simply tortured ( using whips and waterboarding); trust me I have played the VN.

I will leave the Sylwia rape scenario for you guys to look it up.

Thanks for the amazing info. I just look up Sylwia rape part in Wikia thanks to you
Mar 2, 2016 9:25 AM
Mar 2013
This is a few words from me:

Honestly, I wasn't surprised that Lise betrayed 666 squad. The moment when she was at the rooftop with Eberbach, I have a hunch that she is the traitor.
However, I was slightly shocked when I heard strange sounds in interrogation room. Guess Lt. Pham got raped by the guards, f*cking awful, but that's the truth.

I go read the wikia about Lise for further information, at the end, she is f*cked up by the Stasi. When she got rescued by Beatrix, she remained unchanged. I would be very happy if someone send her to Hades' realm. But first, make sure that Lise has to suffer a slow, painful death. That scene will make me excited.

Next, stupidity of new East German government. While the mankind need to stand together in the war against BETA,they have time to commence a coup? Corruption is everywhere, enemies from internal sections are way more dangerous than facing BETA. Follow the words of Katia: "We would win if 2 halves of Germany stand together". The BETA is an army full of fearsome creatures, they do not fear death, their strength is in numbers, soon all the defense lines of mankind will be broken by countless attack forces of BETA. Mankind has realized this threat for more than a decade but what leaders do is still fighting for power, while soldiers keep dying on the front lines. This is what annoying me all the time.

Anyway, this episode has shown cruel truth, I'd love to see next episode, I'm dying for it, seriously.
Mar 2, 2016 3:00 PM

Aug 2014
desertkona said:
Thanks for the amazing info. I just look up
rape part in Wikia thanks to you

I would apologize, but there was a reason I had to tell everyone about it. I guess because everyone thought Pham was raped,but she wasn't. The author of the LN had mercy on her.... For Now
Mar 2, 2016 6:41 PM

Mar 2016
AOTS anyone? This show is making me laugh so hard. "Onii-chan, take me" has got to be the best line in human history. Please tell me onii-chan gets to bang the sister again. Pretty please. I need some more yandere action~
Mar 2, 2016 7:00 PM
Feb 2015
TrueHeroEmiya said:
AOTS anyone? This show is making me laugh so hard. "Onii-chan, take me" has got to be the best line in human history. Please tell me onii-chan gets to bang the sister again. Pretty please. I need some more yandere action~

He'll bang her again alright. Just in a different way.
Mar 2, 2016 7:02 PM

Mar 2016
ixarising said:
TrueHeroEmiya said:

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°) ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°) ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)
Mar 2, 2016 10:41 PM

Jan 2008
TrueHeroEmiya said:
ixarising said:

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°) ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°) ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yo, you better trace on the next episode.
Mar 2, 2016 11:40 PM

Oct 2011
Lise GRRRRRRRRR

Katia err ursala speech gave them hope. Even woke up Theo too.
Mar 3, 2016 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
Pham was not raped. The only characters who have been raped, it's Lise Hohenstein and

NasuVersMar 3, 2016 7:22 AM
Mar 3, 2016 7:30 AM

Jan 2008
NasuVers said:
Pham was not raped. The only characters who have been raped, it's Lise Hohenstein and

Well said, you did your homework.
Mar 3, 2016 9:30 PM
Jan 2014
So I read the muv luv wikia (and thus know that Beatrix isn't the evil stasi the anime portrays her as), and I honestly disliked this episode from a realpolitik standpoint (lowered my rating of the show from 7 to 6)

From an 'idealistic' standpoint, everything Katia and Theo did in this episode is good. With their rousing speech convincing the generals to go against the Stasi, etc. etc.. However what they achieve from a pragmatic standpoint is to undermine their own goals.

Katia's ultimate goal is to get the East and West working together against the BETA. The East is facing a massive BETA push and the Moscow Stasi faction has invited western forces into the east to help hold the line. The Moscow faction stopped the Berlin faction from arresting and killing the army leadership during the Berlin faction's coup. Leadership that is vital to holding the line against the BETA. Furthermore although they are 'pro-USSR', the cold war is very much over from a practical standpoint. The USSR has lost their core territories and is pushed to Siberia. There is no direct land connection to Europe that would provide the USSR political leverage, as the USSR's military cannot threaten the DDR. What the Moscow faction are doing is using the Soviets to get better equipment. In many ways, I would imagine the USSR's relationship with the west as being similar to that during WW2, where the two sides were allies. If anything, the USSR would probably prefer that DDR cooperate heavily with the west. Yes, the stasi isn't something one would consider a good, but given what the wiki says of Beatrix's personality and realpolitik, there is a very good chance of reform. The East will become increasingly dependent on western military support and whether or not the stasi admit it, they will have to carry out policy changes the west desires.

Thus, the speech by Katia and Theo to overthrow the new Stasi government is very foolish and idealistic. Any revolt at this time will likely mean the disintegration of the defense line against the BETA. I really don't see how things can possibly turn out well for the defensive line based on this episode. If anything, they should wait until AFTER the beta have been defeated. As there would be western forces in East Germany at this point, if their coup appears on the track to be successful, the western forces would likely covertly help their coup.

Also the anime did a really poor job of portraying Lise and Beatrix as more than just 'pure evil characters' based on what the wikia says...

Of course the anime may choose to just make the stasi pure evil and ignore these factors, in which case, yes, Katia's speech is good.
limithMar 3, 2016 9:44 PM
Mar 4, 2016 4:13 PM
Jan 2013
Jonesy974 said:
opiktea said:

Leave me alone i'm 12!!
Why are you suddenly asking about my age? As if you are older...

Alright!! Why don't you elaborate about any stenographic record about torture, sexual torture if any in world war period!! I don't deny a possibility of it to be exist, but to use it publicly would be the same as declaring your country has no moral value at all...

Hey dude, lise ask pham about their base first! Then slam her head! She has this info they wanted to acquire so, you're either stupid or never wonder why stasi didn't headshot them just like the other...
Mar 5, 2016 3:33 AM
Feb 2015
opiktea said:
Jonesy974 said:

Leave me alone i'm 12!!

Alright!! Why don't you elaborate about any stenographic record about torture, sexual torture if any in world war period!! I don't deny a possibility of it to be exist, but to use it publicly would be the same as declaring your country has no moral value at all...

Hey dude, lise ask pham about their base first! Then slam her head! She has this info they wanted to acquire so, you're either stupid or never wonder why stasi didn't headshot them just like the other...

Japan tortured, raped and murder the Chinese they captured. The soviets raped a mass number of German women which became known as the "greatest phenomenon of mass rape in history" while trying to occupy German. The American GI committed 400 sexual crimes including rape.
Mar 5, 2016 10:18 AM

Feb 2013
Lise has those crazy-eyes...
Emo-Theo... give that boy a new TSF so he can get back to killin'.
Mar 6, 2016 4:38 AM
Jan 2013
ixarising said:
opiktea said:

Leave me alone i'm 12!!

Japan tortured, raped and murder the Chinese they captured. The soviets raped a mass number of German women which became known as the "greatest phenomenon of mass rape in history" while trying to occupy German. The American GI committed 400 sexual crimes including rape.

Allright mate, seems like i'm stupid!!
I apologize mentioning sexual violation in wartime, but again thanks for educating me...
Mar 6, 2016 7:46 AM
Jan 2016
limith said:
So I read the muv luv wikia (and thus know that Beatrix isn't the evil stasi the anime portrays her as), and I honestly disliked this episode from a realpolitik standpoint (lowered my rating of the show from 7 to 6)

From an 'idealistic' standpoint, everything Katia and Theo did in this episode is good. With their rousing speech convincing the generals to go against the Stasi, etc. etc.. However what they achieve from a pragmatic standpoint is to undermine their own goals.

Katia's ultimate goal is to get the East and West working together against the BETA. The East is facing a massive BETA push and the Moscow Stasi faction has invited western forces into the east to help hold the line. The Moscow faction stopped the Berlin faction from arresting and killing the army leadership during the Berlin faction's coup. Leadership that is vital to holding the line against the BETA. Furthermore although they are 'pro-USSR', the cold war is very much over from a practical standpoint. The USSR has lost their core territories and is pushed to Siberia. There is no direct land connection to Europe that would provide the USSR political leverage, as the USSR's military cannot threaten the DDR. What the Moscow faction are doing is using the Soviets to get better equipment. In many ways, I would imagine the USSR's relationship with the west as being similar to that during WW2, where the two sides were allies. If anything, the USSR would probably prefer that DDR cooperate heavily with the west. Yes, the stasi isn't something one would consider a good, but given what the wiki says of Beatrix's personality and realpolitik, there is a very good chance of reform. The East will become increasingly dependent on western military support and whether or not the stasi admit it, they will have to carry out policy changes the west desires.

Thus, the speech by Katia and Theo to overthrow the new Stasi government is very foolish and idealistic. Any revolt at this time will likely mean the disintegration of the defense line against the BETA. I really don't see how things can possibly turn out well for the defensive line based on this episode. If anything, they should wait until AFTER the beta have been defeated. As there would be western forces in East Germany at this point, if their coup appears on the track to be successful, the western forces would likely covertly help their coup.

Also the anime did a really poor job of portraying Lise and Beatrix as more than just 'pure evil characters' based on what the wikia says...

Of course the anime may choose to just make the stasi pure evil and ignore these factors, in which case, yes, Katia's speech is good.

Yeah, Beatrix is a very complex character. She hated the DDR more than anyone else, but sees it as the only means to survive. Unfortunately, it would take a much longer series to adequately capture who she is, so she got simplified.

Lise is the same way. They'd need a whole episode to go over why she's so loyal to Beatrix and why she's so messed up, but because they have such a short time to do it, it all gets cut for Katia and the plot. Still, the executions or that ridiculous hair twirling the anime added don't do much to add nuance to their characters above "evil bitches". Lise's a heroine in the VN (as is Beatrix in the prequel), as much as Meiya and Sumika are in the original trilogy. To see them do this to her is painful.
Mar 7, 2016 3:13 AM

May 2014
Too much forced drama on this one...
Mar 8, 2016 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
opiktea said:
Jonesy974 said:

Leave me alone i'm 12!!

I am. I can say that with 100% certainty.

opiktea said:

Why would a country care? And why would they make their atrocities public knowledge while they are occurring?

opiktea said:

Pham wasn't raped, and she had intel, so that has literally nothing to do with this. Completely different from rape torture for the sake of torturing someone.

ixarising said:

^ohh look at that. And I'm sure it probably took ixarising all of 4 minutes to look that up.

opiktea said:
Allright mate, seems like i'm stupid!!
I apologize mentioning sexual violation in wartime, but again thanks for educating me...

You're welcome.
Mar 10, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2011
TE was way better than this, even with the stupid tourney settings thrown into it. I don't know what irritates me more. The flip-floppy "spy" and "political" elements or the or the eccentric German names that keep being thrown into it. I can excuse the Japanese for sounding so dorky when saying them since it isn't their native language. The story elements are kinda awkward to follow and the political elements are even harder to take interest in. Throw that in with eccentric and obnoxious anime personalities and you have a big bowl of meh. It's better than Mushitgen but significantly harder to follow than Gate. I don't know how to explain it but it feels as if the main characters, the plot regarding the government, and even the BETAs are in separate vacuums from one another. And the waterworks she pulled that got her away from the silver-haired chick who was gonna put her "under-arrest"? You serious? You knew what the fuck it was about and you felt bad and let it go?At this point I'm just watching it for the fight scenes and gore, which this series is by comparison lacking.
QWERTYFish25Mar 10, 2016 11:46 AM
Mar 10, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2008
QWERTYFish25 said:
TE was way better than this, even with the stupid tourney settings thrown into it. I don't know what irritates me more. The flip-floppy "spy" and "political" elements or the or the eccentric German names that keep being thrown into it. I can excuse the Japanese for sounding so dorky when saying them since it isn't their native language. The story elements are kinda awkward to follow and the political elements are even harder to take interest in. Throw that in with eccentric and obnoxious anime personalities and you have a big bowl of meh. It's better than Mushitgen but significantly harder to follow than Gate. I don't know how to explain it but it feels as if the main characters, the plot regarding the government, and even the BETAs are in separate vacuums from one another. And the waterworks she pulled that got her away from the silver-haired chick who was gonna put her "under-arrest"? You serious? You knew what the fuck it was about and you felt bad and let it go?At this point I'm just watching it for the fight scenes and gore, which this series is by comparison lacking.

Pretty sure most ppl here will disagree with you on this.
Mar 10, 2016 3:39 PM

Jun 2012
QWERTYFish25 said:
At this point I'm just watching it for the fight scenes and gore, which this series is by comparison lacking.

Hahaha. No, not by a long shot this has had way more action.
Especially if you're comparing Schwarzesmarken's 9/12 episodes with Total Eclipses 9-24 episodes. Schwarzesmarken still knocks the ball out of the park regardless.

Just an fyi there was a lot wrong with Total Eclipse the size of the tank class the way lasers worked just for a few. It was more literally an advertisement for tsf figurines while hardly focusing on any war.

The Tank class, Heavy laser class and Grappler class have been showcased in a faithful manner in Schwarzesmarken as well while in total eclipse they just essentially waddled around. Even the mount pylons have had a lot more focus in Schwarzesmarken which was something important to capture.

The adaptation of Schwarzesmarken is definitely tl;dr but it's been very faithful regardless and Total eclipse definitely does not hold a candle to it.

QWERTYFish25 said:
but significantly harder to follow than Gate.

QWERTYFish25 said:
The story elements are kinda awkward to follow and the political elements are even harder to take interest in.

You're not doing yourself any favors saying this.

The fact is this the most faithful representation of an adaptation of Muv-Luv available. If you were to get into any Muv-Luv series you would get bombarded by politics and info dumps.

QWERTYFish25 said:
Throw that in with eccentric and obnoxious anime personalities and you have a big bowl of meh.

You're saying obnoxious anime personalities when you watched Total Eclipse.
There's a reason there's combined images of Takamura Yui blushing hundreds of times.

Total eclipse was okay for an anime but it was horrendous as a representation of Muv-Luv.

BaptizED said:

Forced drama would imply characters are doing something against their character. That's not the case with anyone.
StormVanguardMar 10, 2016 5:34 PM
Mar 10, 2016 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
StormVanguard said:
QWERTYFish25 said:
At this point I'm just watching it for the fight scenes and gore, which this series is by comparison lacking.

Hahaha. No, not by a long shot this has had way more action.
Especially if you're comparing Schwarzesmarken's 9/12 episodes with Total Eclipses 9-24 episodes. Schwarzesmarken still knocks the ball out of the park regardless.

Just an fyi there was a lot wrong with Total Eclipse the size of the tank class the way lasers worked just for a few. It was more literally an advertisement for tsf figurines while hardly focusing on any war.

The Tank class, Heavy laser class and Grappler class have been showcased in a faithful manner in Schwarzesmarken as well while in total eclipse they just essentially waddled around. Even the mount pylons have had a lot more focus in Schwarzesmarken which was something important to capture.

The adaptation of Schwarzesmarken is definitely tl;dr but it's been very faithful regardless and Total eclipse definitely does not hold a candle to it.

QWERTYFish25 said:
but significantly harder to follow than Gate.

QWERTYFish25 said:
The story elements are kinda awkward to follow and the political elements are even harder to take interest in.

You're not doing yourself any favors saying this.

The fact is this the most faithful representation of an adaptation of Muv-Luv available. If you were to get into any Muv-Luv series you would get bombarded by politics and info dumps.

QWERTYFish25 said:
Throw that in with eccentric and obnoxious anime personalities and you have a big bowl of meh.

You're saying obnoxious anime personalities when you watched Total Eclipse.
There's a reason there's combined images of Takamura Yui blushing hundreds of times.

Total eclipse was okay for an anime but it was horrendous as a representation of Muv-Luv.

BaptizED said:

Forced drama would imply characters are doing something against their character. That's not the case with anyone.
I didn't view any media other than TE this and a YT vid with the blonde girl getting the top half of her head chewed off, so perhaps I can't appreciate how SM represented itself. TE made me wanna look away from this politics in a similar fashion as well. But then again AI never really liked CW politics and don't care much for contemporary politics in anime. Dunno why. I will say my interesting in anime has declined over the last few months perhaps I looked at TE while in a better mood than this.
Mar 12, 2016 7:52 AM
Jan 2013
Jonesy974 said:

opiktea said:

Why would a country care? And why would they make their atrocities public knowledge while they are occurring?

This is where you are mistaken! Of course they should, and as long as we know in history, they are! the attrocities of war had caused the public to form social movement like RED CROSS! Now, look again, to deepen the investigation on this matter there is Den Hague Convention, then they revise it in Geneva Convention! this kind of international law of war seems pointless. What would happened if one country tried to violate it? It would be an international scandal and they would BOMB the shit out of that country with the allied forces's Nuclear clusterbomb!!

But the most dangerous of all was they would lost their own public support. I assume there would be religion in that universe. Imagine of those people knowing that their very believe was violated withot consideration, even if there's no religion, people with common senses will turn their self to a safer contender! Even the Nazi keeps their public suppot with their chauvinistic propaganda and indigenic selection.

Even though i am wrong about wartime sex violence, i did not retract my argument about of sexual torture irrelevance...
Mar 13, 2016 12:49 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah time for Lise to die.
Mar 14, 2016 3:26 AM

Aug 2013
Aquviel said:
First, I must say that what Lise have done is unforgivable, BUT there ia a reason for her actions. From muvluv.wikia:

In 1980, Lise and her family were caught by the STASI during their attempt to smuggle themselves over the Berlin wall. During their interrogation, none of them would confess to their crime, until one STASI official, Heinze Axmann, found Lise's weak point, her adoptive brother Theodor. A few days later, after being raped and having photos of the act taken, the STASI threatened to show the photos to Theodor.
Under pressure, Lise told them everything about the defection plan in order to keep Theodor safe. She was forced to joined STASI and became a swallow (a female spy who uses her body to get intelligence) while in 1981 she became a TSF pilot. In 1982 she was sent to serve frontier guard force and in one instance, she was forced to execute 20 people who wanted to defect to West Germany (including 2 teenagers and one baby).
Her TSF piloting skills were honed during the days she served the frontier guard force. This lead to her joining the Werewolf battalion. Beatrix Brehmer promised to let her meet Theodor and free him, if she could help the battalion instead of helping Heinze Axmann.
Thinking about the days before, of how she was called a traitor, a prostitute and was never treated fairly, she chose to help Beatrix Brehmer.
In February 1983, the STASI decided to send Lise to the 666th TSF squadron. She managed to trap the 666th TSF squadron, giving Beatrix Brehmer the chance to catch Irisdina Bernhard.

In 1980 she was 15; considering what she have endured, can anyone blame her for what she has become?

just because u got fucked over in the past doesnt give u the right to fuck over an entire nation
Mar 14, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Excellent narration, perhaps thanks to the dialogues that are compelling and make it seem real situations that the characters are facing. Just a shame that the drawings are not up to much wonder, you have to wait to see the BD than improve, I'm curious to see what will happen in the next episode. But I have to say also on the script, because certain contexts have not been exploited well, such as Theodore escape along with Katia, and torture suffered by Pham, by Lisa, they were able to achieve better.
Mar 16, 2016 6:00 AM
Mar 2012
"keikaku dori" great line Beatrix.
Crazy Lise faces.
Quite intense development and difficult to watch (or hear) that torture. Episode might be turning point where epilogues seems all funny tryhards, to something more meaningful.
gophercgMar 16, 2016 6:05 AM
Mar 16, 2016 8:55 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Now that "rape" has been discussed to no end......I would like to present my favorite scene from this episode! A wonderful reference to Iris' boobs.........
Mar 23, 2016 7:14 AM
Mar 2016
Wow, that was a super dark, super good episode.
I hope there are many more to come.
Apr 18, 2016 1:46 AM

Mar 2016
Lise is making me so mad I almost cant watch this and the worst part is she's not going to die like she deserves.
Apr 18, 2016 7:29 AM

Jan 2008
samofthewired said:
Lise is making me so mad I almost cant watch this and the worst part is she's not going to die like she deserves.

LOL, you'll see how Lise goes from there, not in the next ep, but after the next ep.
Apr 19, 2016 7:03 AM
Apr 2015
Damn , them Torture scenes gave off hella chills .. Tbh had to turn my head a few times but nonetheless good episode
DragonIncursioApr 19, 2016 7:06 AM
Apr 28, 2016 7:48 PM

Mar 2016
planetwarrior said:
samofthewired said:

LOL, you'll see how Lise goes from there, not in the next ep, but after the next ep.

Oh damn im a little late haha but yes, ending for ep. 10 was extremely satisfying to me.
May 6, 2016 3:00 PM

Jan 2016
Well shit. already thought Lise was a locobitch spy. was about time this happend. kind of intense and slow episode.. but EXTREMELY ENJOYING IT!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 30, 2016 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
I'm so mad about Lise. She's a complete different person. Especially with all the tortue to the member of the 666. The screaming was cruel, poor Anett :(

Theodor completely spaced out. He wanted to trust his sister and she betrayed him, that must be hard. I'm glad Gretel came with help to rescue Theodor and Katia before they got caught.

Katia finally revealed her true name and after that Theodor recover his consciousness. I'm not sure what they can do, but I hope for the best. I also hope they can help the member of the 666 otherwise it's hopeless against the BETA.

PS: The music was on point in this episode. Loved it :)

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.