Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 1, 2014 6:47 PM

Jul 2013
exposition episode looks like were going to the end now

Jeanne looks like her days are numbered sad since she was a legit bad-ass
Dec 1, 2014 6:50 PM

Dec 2013
What a wonderful episode, 5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 1, 2014 7:24 PM

Mar 2013
Fuck yeah.
Dec 1, 2014 7:48 PM
Aug 2012
I have a bad feeling about Jeanne. For some reasons, I grew to like her... but I feel like she is getting historical Jeanne treatment :(
Philosophy and Anime, huh :)
Dec 1, 2014 8:18 PM

Aug 2014
At least get to know some of Amira backstory. Cannot wait to see what adventure Amira and Favara are getting into in the next episode.
Dec 1, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2014
llcruz said:
And I thought the 4 of them would go together... oh well.

Theres no way they all wont wind up together again.
The mix of mythologies gets really confusing though...
Oh well, i cant wait to see how this all goes!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 1, 2014 10:35 PM
Nov 2013
Good build up episode. Kinda figured Lavalley wasn't Amira's father, but I'm guessing her father is a powerful demon. King seems jealous of Jeanne, I'd be too because she's a bad bitch. Favaro and Amira leave to rescue her mother, o hope Rita joins them since Favaro probably won't. But that ending, shits getting serious! God I love this show. 10/5
Dec 1, 2014 11:47 PM

Jan 2014
Looks like Jeanne is going to meet the same fate as her historical namesake very soon now.
Dec 2, 2014 12:13 AM

Jan 2011
Regarding Lucifer and Satan: while the two identities tend to be conflated, the terms originally referred to two different beings in the books of the old testament. Wikipedia explains in the articles on the origins of the two names. A lot of the other names of prominent demons are variants on the names of minor and major gods from other religions that the early Christian church reclassified as demons to explain their supernatural interventions. This show also mixes other pantheons, Bacchus is from the Roman pantheon and Zeus from the Greek, and while the argument could be made that Zeus and Jupiter are the same, Dionysus is quite different from Bacchus.

Never expect consistency when an anime mixes Pagan and Christian terminology, particularly since while the writers can work fairly well with pagan symbolism (since there is a great deal of similarity to Shinto and Buddhist concepts), they really have difficulty getting monotheistic concepts (as evidence I proffer the way sexy nuns are used in a number of anime).
rodacDec 2, 2014 12:22 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 2, 2014 12:25 AM

Oct 2011
Favaro and Kaiser Knighted

The King's face priceless

Beezebub kills Aaazel: 0

Lucifer a new bad guy

Not her real father but close enough

King went crazy. His screaming is priceless

Time to find Amira's Mother ( Angel)
Dec 2, 2014 2:04 AM

Aug 2008
Favaro's right. Amira's parents kick ass! I'm hopping for some nice forbidden love here. But who's the dad? Lucifer maybe? He's got the bishie vibe.

Onodera-chan said:
Amira's mother is very gorgeous with those pink curls. I like how Amira's just below 6 years of age, so cute!

This show has 2 confirmed legal lolis now haha
Dec 2, 2014 2:18 AM

Jan 2009
lol Amira is only 5 years old
Dec 2, 2014 2:27 AM

Jul 2014
chakracat said:
Gay for Lucifer

Same.
Dec 2, 2014 4:20 AM

Dec 2013
Some information about Amira's and her mother.

Beelzebub is like the Japanese Hellboy lol.

Good strategy by the demons to attack the king's mind.

and omfg Amira is only 5 years old
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 2, 2014 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
eXtacy67 said:
Theres no other anime I look more forward to each week then this, despite it being a pretty strong season. It delivers everytime!

Great OP & ED too!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 2, 2014 4:47 AM

Jul 2011
Genix said:
Onodera-chan said:
I like how Amira's just below 6 years of age, so cute!

This show has 2 confirmed legal lolis now haha

DAMMIT XD
Dec 2, 2014 5:23 AM

Mar 2013
Amira looks like a 20 years old. She is 5.
Rita looks like a 10 years old. She is 200+.
Dec 2, 2014 6:03 AM
Nov 2014
It seems that Jeanne is going to have the same destiny as the real one
Kaiser is back to be knight again , really sad the team is going to separate
Just one question is bothering me . It is wise for Lavalley to let Amira go ? now it's high opportunity that she might be caught
And one request from Jeanne : if that new excalibar can cut gods , then please kill those useless gods who never help but stay at heavens doing nothing
Dec 2, 2014 6:19 AM

Sep 2014
Decent episode. But yeah, Amira actually being 5 years old was kinda....odd.
Though yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode. Anime been going great for the last 3 episodes.
Dec 2, 2014 6:30 AM

Dec 2010
Expecting 2 more season after this, has a deep plot and story line
Dec 2, 2014 6:33 AM

Nov 2014
Animepsp said:
Expecting 2 more season after this, has a deep plot and story line

I really hope there is a season 2 of this anime i'm really worried about how they will end this there is just so much stuff going on.
Dec 2, 2014 6:42 AM

May 2013
Favaro and Kaisar becoming Knights. Kaisar got his honor back and Favaro get annoyed at it. How typical can someone get?
Anyway, that guy was not really his dad, that was certain. Did he just say she grew in 5 years? Some demon work did the job I suppose. Now they're on the road to find Amira's mother. She has a mother whose an exiled angel. I hope the real father is some badass demon who eats Bounty Hunters for lunch.
Dec 2, 2014 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
Seriously Onda Naoyuki should be involved in even more projects. His character designs are so fabulous! This is weird, but I really liked the Queen's design. And the demons as well of course.
Dec 2, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2014
Digitalcommunist said:
Looks like Jeanne is going to meet the same fate as her historical namesake very soon now.

Yup, I called it. That jealous decadent pussy king is going to sell her out to the Brits euh,.. demons. It took me a while to realise that even his name matches up. "Charice" is just phonetic Japanese for "Charles".

So far the story follows the historic narrative quite nicely, who'd thought of such a fantasy show? I'm wondering if St. Catherine will show up too.

omeg4 said:
Loved the backstory about Amira. I remember last week people were complaining that she was really childish. Now we have an explanation.

Yes that was amazing, it actually caught me off guard completely. It also pretty much sinks every ship.

Gal3riel said:
i love this show really its one off the best BUT i'm sensing even if it is very minimal an amiraxfavaro which i don't like, well you can't have it all >_> anyway another strong and interesting episode

See above. I'm going for the brother x sister formula, or rather brother x sister x brother. The age issue aside, I allready got that vibe from the previous episodes where Favaro and Kaisar were looking out for her together.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 2, 2014 5:03 PM

Mar 2013
The king is such a selfish beta prick.
Lucifer is unexpectedly a bishounen and Beelzebub gives off the right feeling of, "You definitely don't want to mess with this guy" sorta thing.
Hopefully, we get to see more of Kaisar and Favaro duo fight later on.
Dec 2, 2014 5:43 PM

Oct 2014
this is the first episode that I started to accept favaro. He still annoys me in a way but I'm getting over it. I don't understand how he's some peoples favorite character.
Dec 2, 2014 8:32 PM

Sep 2011
iiry said:
this is the first episode that I started to accept favaro. He still annoys me in a way but I'm getting over it. I don't understand how he's some peoples favorite character.
Because hes hilarious, unpredictable, and a breathe of fresh air that avoids the normal conventions of a generic main character.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 2, 2014 9:13 PM

Nov 2014
"Fava" tho. >w<

Fantastic episode! So much plot is happening so fast, but it isn't overwhelming. Kind of sorry to see Azazel go; I really liked his character and bloody adored his design. But such is the cost of plot progression. Favaro never disappoints, and I'm already excited for the reunion now that he and Kaiser have separated again.

Admittedly nervous about the pacing at this point, but this is one series I've learned to have faith in. Eagerly awaiting next week, of course!
"This time, I'll take you to a much better place than lousy ol' Helheim."
Petition for Rage of Bahamut Season 2.
Dec 3, 2014 6:30 AM

Jan 2014
iiry said:
this is the first episode that I started to accept favaro.

Yes, I had that too. It certainly took longer for him to grow on me than some of the other MAL members it seems. I have always appreciated his character as a design, I just didn't like him before.
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 3, 2014 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
Redmyr said:

She's only 5 years old in real world time. The real world doesn't have demons who can speed up people's growth though. You can't really say she is 5 years old because it's comparing apples and oranges.

She's 5 demon years old.
Dec 3, 2014 11:47 AM

Nov 2009
This thing is a masterpiece, seriously.

I'm still wondering who will turn out to be the Holy Knight. Kaisar seems more and more likely now.

Amira and Favaro (unwilling and still with a tail) are off to another journey, yay! And we probably all figured a few eps ago that Amira is a half-demon, half-angel. We now know a little about her mom, now what about her demonic dad?

Lucifer's design is quite impressive, although Azazel's was better. Not very impressed with Beelzebub's, but he's still OK, especially those blue flames.

Can't wait for the next week!
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 3, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2014
ex_necross said:
Redmyr said:

She's only 5 years old in real world time. The real world doesn't have demons who can speed up people's growth though. You can't really say she is 5 years old because it's comparing apples and oranges.

She's 5 demon years old.

True, except that it was specifically stated that her captors SPED UP her growth (as opposed to her maturing faster as a demon/angel/hybrid). This quite heavily implies that mentally,.. she is just 5.
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 3, 2014 8:37 PM
Jun 2014
Even in this anime Azazel can't finish a single job at all and Beelzebub is still an arrogant asshole lol.
Dec 4, 2014 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely one of the best anime this season!
Dec 4, 2014 7:15 AM

Jul 2014
I still don't understand why it's scored 7.94, seriously like wtf.
Dec 4, 2014 3:18 PM

Jan 2014
Silent7 said:

You mean too high or too low?
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 4, 2014 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
Silent7 said:
it'll probably jump to like a 8.10 - 8.20 by the time the show ends, though i dont think the show will really have any big jump in score.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 4, 2014 6:34 PM

Jun 2008
Ok, so the one with the loli body is 200 year old and the girl with the sexy grown body is 5 year olds? I see what you did there you evil producers.
Well fuck you, i still have Jean. Fap, fap, fap, fap. Let's just hope she won't just die like the real one because that's where this shit seems to be going with the king going crazy and shit.

Arcanix said:

Tres_Bandidas said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, did Beelzebub mentioned about reviving Satan, sheees, Lucifer and Satan are one and the same, wtf was this anime creator thinking?

How do you know this? did you see that they are the same? did Satan tell you, that his second name is Lucifer and you shouldn't think they are 2 different demons or whatever they are?

Facepalm...Is fucking common knowledge, like everyone knows that Jesus and Christ are the same fucking dude kind of thing. Is not his fault you are uneducated.

Arcanix said:
HazukashiiDesu said:
Beelzebub, Satan.. how generic.

Oh, you are not very bright, are you? Every name of demons/gods in the anime are inspired from history/mythology of different nations/empires whatever.

Facepalm again. Yeah, he knows, that's why he said "how generic". You seem to be the one not very bright here and funny how you know that the names are inspired by real names of demons etc and yet you wonder how the guy above knew that Satan and Lucifer are normally the same guy.

Legal_Latino said:
^^
I love you Onodera Chan

Also I absolutely love how the writer actually did his freaking research on the lore. There's way to many people that still think that Lucifer and Satan are one in the same. Glad they did their homework on Christianity ^^

They are one and the same in Christianity. Lucifer is the name of Satan when he was still an angel.
He was one of the great angels along with Michael and Gabriel. After falling from the heavens he was called Satan. Satan is his demonic name. But Satan is Lucifer the falling angel.
Is Judaism who sees Lucifer as an ancient Babylonian king. Still not a demon though so no matter how you take it if Lucifer is to be a demon then his Satan if his not a demon at all then he should be an Ancient Babylonian king.
Therefore the writer actually made a mess of the lore by making Lucifer appear as some other demon other than Satan.

rodac said:
Regarding Lucifer and Satan: while the two identities tend to be conflated, the terms originally referred to two different beings in the books of the old testament. Wikipedia explains in the articles on the origins of the two names. A lot of the other names of prominent demons are variants on the names of minor and major gods from other religions that the early Christian church reclassified as demons to explain their supernatural interventions. This show also mixes other pantheons, Bacchus is from the Roman pantheon and Zeus from the Greek, and while the argument could be made that Zeus and Jupiter are the same, Dionysus is quite different from Bacchus.

Never expect consistency when an anime mixes Pagan and Christian terminology, particularly since while the writers can work fairly well with pagan symbolism (since there is a great deal of similarity to Shinto and Buddhist concepts), they really have difficulty getting monotheistic concepts (as evidence I proffer the way sexy nuns are used in a number of anime).

You are wrong. In Christian lore Lucifer and Satan are the same and always have been. But in Judaism it was many times viewed as a mention to the ancient Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar.
Also trying to speak about Roman pantheon is useless since basically there is no such thing since Romans adapted the Greek gods and myths and even culture giving them Latin names and by mouth to mouth and time they just happen to change some elements but it is basically the Greek stuff with Latin onomatopoeia.
The Romans were just lucky there was no copyright back then or the Greeks would have sued their ass, lol.

Btw i have no idea how sexy nuns are relevant to the lack of understating of monotheism. They seem more relevant to sales threw fan-service and the motto "sex sells".
MonadDec 4, 2014 7:40 PM
Dec 4, 2014 7:40 PM

Sep 2011
the naming scheme and the transsexualism of the demons/angels are both generic and cringe worthy. However...Those are not what the series focuses on, so they should be not be the center of focus.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 4, 2014 9:11 PM
Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:
the naming scheme and the transsexualism of the demons/angels are both generic and cringe worthy. However...Those are not what the series focuses on, so they should be not be the center of focus.

The naming scheme isn't bad. I don't think the sexual ambiguity is that strange either.

I just wish they wore clothes.
Dec 5, 2014 4:45 AM

Aug 2012
Vox_Populi said:
GodlyKyon said:

The naming scheme isn't bad. I don't think the sexual ambiguity is that strange either.

I just wish they wore clothes.

You could even argue why angels demons are wearing clothes in the first place. That's why little things like that can't really concern me, because really, if I'm ever going to complain for argument's sake, I wouldn't make half-baked complaints. At least, that's how I look past all these 'questionable' stylistic choice and learn to accept them as they are.
Dec 5, 2014 5:32 AM

Apr 2014
Monad said:
-snip-

Well you're wrong too because the anime mixed both pagan and christian terminologies. The word Satan was originally a title used to refer to many different beings, not a specific name for a specific being. The Title means adversary or opposer and it can refer to several different beings, from men to angels, who are considered evil. Lucifer means light-bearer, and it signifies the astrological deity associated with the planet Venus.

Revelation 22:16: “I Jesus have sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.”
The Greek word for “star” is “aster.” The same root leads to Astarte.

Astarte was one of the most popular of the goddesses in the Greco-Roman pantheon in the first century. According to mythology, she came to earth in a ball of fire – a meteor, a black stone.

The Old Testament contains references to Astarte, but each time she was mentioned, the word was changed to Ashtoreth, a combination of Astarte and bo-sheth, a Hebrew word that means “shame.” As a result, nowhere in the Torah do the Hebrew letters for the goddess’s name, Astarte, or Ashtar, appear.

The Latin word for light is Luc; the Latin word for bearer is ferre. The planet Venus was known to the ancients as the “Light Bearer” because Venus appears in the sky each morning before the sun rises. In ancient Greco-Roman mythology Venus was the goddess of love, sexuality, and procreation. The goddess Venus, the “Light Bearer” was called Luc-ferre, or Lucifer in Latin.

Nowhere in the Old Testament or the New Testament is Lucifer identified with, or as, “Satan.” This misconception originated with Jerome and his Latin Vulgate translation from the Hebrew and Greek. Jerome used the word, Lucifer, to translate “Morning Star” at 2 Peter 1:19 (Greek word was phosphoros), and At Isaiah 14:12 (Hebrew word was Helel). Read in context, neither identifies “Lucifer” as “Satan.” Jerome translated “morning star,” (Greek aster) at Revelation 22:16 as stella, not Lucifer.
Jerome’s inconsistency in his use of “Lucifer” as Latin for “the morning star” speaks volume. How could he have written, “I Jesus…am the root and the offspring of David, Lucifer”?

This should probably clear up the confusion a bit.
Dec 5, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2013
I swear I love this show to bits! Favaro and his big mouth will talk himself into any and all imaginable sorts of danger. Just cracks me up every time! If only he hadn't said that he really wanted to meet her mom... XD

The King is a wuss, and Jeanne is about to be set up for a great fall. I wouldn't mind if she joined Favaro and Amira's party though.

And how the hell did that Captain even recognize Amira??? I mean the last time he saw her 5 years ago, she was still a baby! Did her face not change a single bit since birth? Hard to believe...

I'm wondering if Satan was Amira's dad. You know what with the demons telling her that she'll find what her heart desires in Helheim? I get the feeling that they didn't steal her away from her mom just to put them back together. Nah, they're sending her to the place Bahamut was sealed to free up the strongest Angel/God and the strongest Demon, and since her mom is already an Angel.... makes sense, no?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 5, 2014 11:44 AM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
And how the hell did that Captain even recognize Amira??? I mean the last time he saw her 5 years ago, she was still a baby! Did her face not change a single bit since birth? Hard to believe...

He recognized her from the necklace she was wearing in episode 2.
Dec 5, 2014 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
I can't see how this can end in 4 episodes, better have a season 2 (this should've been a 2 cour series to being with.)
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 5, 2014 1:52 PM

Dec 2012
Amira - 5 years old - old loli trope - look older than they are
Rita - 200 years old - new loli trope - look younger than they are

I am not into lolis, but these two were done well.

A fight b/w Gabriel and Lucifer would be awesome ^^
Dec 5, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
Haha, Favaro's reactions are priceless. Never thought I'd see the dude made a knight :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 6, 2014 1:34 AM

Nov 2011
Episode adding explanations and irons in the fire, but without it, the anime was nice all the same.
Narration serious and pleasant, the seriousness of the story, is not affected despite the gag.
Favaro great character, does not lose its coherence despite having had a maturity of character.
Drawings and animations level more than good.
Rita proves to be a character not marginal.
Dec 6, 2014 4:26 PM

Jan 2014
Monad said:

Also trying to speak about Roman pantheon is useless since basically there is no such thing since Romans adapted the Greek gods and myths and even culture giving them Latin names and by mouth to mouth and time they just happen to change some elements but it is basically the Greek stuff with Latin onomatopoeia.

Well, then it's useless talking about Christianity or a Greek pantheon too, because the Greeks adopted the Egyptian Isis, and Christ is just Mithras within a Judaic frame of reference =P
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 7, 2014 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
Im really enjoying Beelzebub's design.

His hair is horns, thats amazing!

dude looks cool
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

393 by butaniumbc »»
1 hour ago

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

149 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.