Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 7, 2010 7:19 AM

Jul 2009
I love astronomy, and I REALLY LOVE this series :D
Jan 30, 2010 3:20 PM

Mar 2008
Nice ending!

Now I want an OVA for Hime-san. D:

Jan 30, 2010 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
I really want a second season DDD: But forget the Star Motif, GIMEE SOME RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT lmao
Apr 18, 2010 3:56 AM

May 2009
I really got attached to this series (just watched it marathon-style) and I'd love to see another season announced!

For awesome characters, beautiful stargazing and a really warm-hearted atmosphere, my resume can only be:
9/10
May 31, 2010 5:42 PM

Jan 2010
That in my opinion was the best ending ever for this anime. Even though there shoud have been a love resolution, I loved how they used what she did in the first episode and put it in the last episode.

It was a really beautiful anime to me. I usually don't watch animes that revolve around one theme like nature, the sky, drawing, or a sport, but this one happened to catch my attention, and I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'll try more types of these animes.
Jun 23, 2010 10:52 PM

Jun 2009
what a good episode...i feel good inside after watching it ^-^ sooo i thought it was a well done anime and the last episode was done really well for anime that had 12 episodes!
Jul 2, 2010 4:28 AM

Apr 2010
The whole series was extremely boring.
The only thing I liked was Roma.
Jul 30, 2010 11:54 AM

Jun 2010
Aw... 2 bad an open ending and the manga isn't that far either... but still 8/10. I enjoyed the anime.

Aug 26, 2010 2:25 PM
Dec 2008
A very sweet ending to a lovely series. 8/10. I hope they decide to continue the story with another 12 episodes.
Aug 28, 2010 5:54 PM
Oct 2009
I didn't like this show very much. They did a good job with the whole introducing people to Astronomy granted, but it was a pretty uninteresting story for the most part. Character development was pretty limited and antics of characters like Mihoshi just seemed really out of place.

Speaking of Mihoshi's character, I really don't have very much appreciation for that type of character in general, which reminds me of Kobato, another character from another show which I didn't particularly like. The kind of insensitive happy-go-lucky personality that never changes that causes unnecessary trouble for other important characters. It's really quite annoying when it's never addressed properly.

And Hime was another rather weak character, never really properly speaking up for herself or taking initiative for her own good and thus never being able to properly communicate her feelings to Saku. Everyone else is just as if not more forgettable when I go back to how character development in this show is very limited.

OP song was about the best part of this show. Production of the characters and sky was good, as well as the decent enough references to various things in Astronomy. The really bland story and characters (including some really annoying characters) on the other hand...I think I'm going to give this a 4/10, my recent score for Kobato.
A2ZOMGAug 28, 2010 5:57 PM
Nov 4, 2010 4:13 PM

Oct 2010
reaaly loved the series, with cool music, awesome characters, and good astronomy points, this shows entertains me in every episode, even if ooyagi don't paired with anyone, this was pretty sweet ending.

Hope it will have a second season ;D

10/10
Jul 21, 2011 6:10 PM

Mar 2011
Was an enjoyable anime and loved all the characters. Oumi!

Hoping for a second season. I guess I will watch the specials.
Mar 10, 2012 12:33 AM

Sep 2011
dbaranyi said:
There were no romantic resolutions, but then, the true "romance" of the series was with the stars, not between the characters.

Haha yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.

Overall, pretty good Anime. I'm actually happy there wasn't any romance because I wouldn't want to see anyone get heartbroken in such a happy Anime. Oh and the president hit jackpot! He got a smokin hot chick eyeing him out! >:D
Jul 29, 2012 2:28 AM

Jan 2010
This show surprised me. It really did. I don't think I've seen an anime be comedic and sentimental at the same time. Some of the explanations were kinda fast or went over my head, but that kinda showed how little I knew about the stars, even though I sleep under them every night. I watched this show expecting high school hijinks, and while that was there, it never got stale, nor did it get in the way of the dramatic, the comedic, or even the educational moments.

Pretty much, this show didn't do anything extraordinary, but it still hit home. I liked it.
Oct 7, 2012 12:40 AM

Nov 2009
It was a pretty good show, sadly probably not very memorable however it was a lot better than most of the anime out their today which are just some form of ecchi+Harem whether they mix in comedy and school life or action and adventure. I will probably look into the manga hoping that it has a tad bit more closed ending however definitely not a waste of time.
Nov 19, 2012 4:54 PM
Mar 2011
i want another season.

but then again there is a limit of constellations out there.

maybe OVAs
"....i am the villain in this story"
Feb 6, 2014 11:58 PM

Jul 2012
Very nice ending, the show overall was an easy-watch.
Jun 17, 2014 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
I'm sooooo glad I picked this up. Another example why MAL ratings can never be trusted =p

This show really has everything: light yet hilarious comedy (nothing corny or over-the-top), warm fuzzy feelings, a little bit drama that gives you the feels without being over dramatic, adorable romance, and most important of all BEAUTIFUL stars!!

It's truly a great example of a club-based SOL anime that didn't neglect or forget it's main theme. In fact the astronomy part was so well-done that I don't think there's another SOL that's as detailed as this when it comes to their club activities.

It would've been a masterpiece if not for the average sound (the insert song in ep4 was beautiful but OP and ED felt rather flat) and the occasionally somewhat cliche situations.

A very enjoyable experience that I would definitely recommend to casual or new anime viewers.

9/10
Aug 2, 2014 11:31 AM

Nov 2011
AAAAAAAAAAND the end.

It would've been better if they had extended it, even just by an episode. Though the romance among most of the characters was inconclusive, it's better that way because it wouldn't be Sora no Manimani anymore. It'd be, fuck it I just said it in ep11.

Should have spent more time for the viewers to absorb the knowledge and images while explaining.

BUT, to formally end the series, one SHOULD watch this time-lapse extra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn6CK-fiQgE

By all means, watch it above 480p. 1080p is glorious but if your machine can't handle it, 720p. Watch it.

Watch it.

This is re-reassure you of how beautiful the OST is.
Oct 23, 2014 5:08 AM

Aug 2013
Overall a very heart warming anime.. enjoyed it a lot that it feels so short.
Although there wasn't any romance development at all.. except the stars lol.. it's still good.
The comedy are great.. Edogawa is just freaking hilarious.. the bits of romance is funny too.
The soundtracks and songs are fantastic.. feel so calm listening to it I could even fall asleep.
Actually it's not very special or the like but I just like it. I wish it could last longer. T^T
Roma-kun is the only guy to hit the jackpot I must say.. LOL.
Nov 18, 2015 3:29 AM

Dec 2014
became bored in the end
Apr 6, 2016 7:10 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ending wasn't as strong but it was pleasant. kudos to Roma, he seems to have found his soulmate(Oumi). Those two have such good chemistry.

And we finish with a new school year, of course Mihoshi would be the new club prez. Mihoshi dropping stars, lol

Aww at Hime, the moment Saku told her she could come visit him. Overall the show was good 7/10

Jul 30, 2016 1:53 AM

Jan 2013
Disappointing lack of a conclusion to the romance and the manga will never be translated fully.
Still, glad to finally see Saturn and an accurate representation at that.
Also, I think it was Hime who mentioned Saturn's rings looked exactly like Galileo's drawings of them. Such a bizarre comment, as if she has never scene a photo of Saturn before and is only familiar with it through ancient drawings.

Anyways, 7/10.

ThreePercent ruins my flow.
Aug 4, 2016 6:36 PM

Aug 2012
-Snow landscape looks pretty good actually
-Is the last episode actually a bathhouse episode
-Are they bathing in their towels?
-Oh shit they're playing karuta
-I'm still not buying the surge cannon thing since a telescope is just a bunch of lenses and mirrors, but the way they used it in the past was with mist in the air so maybe it was able to work.
-Why is everyone bathing a towel on, is that a thing?
-Leave it to Mihoshi to be progressive and totally flip around gender roles in a bathhouse environment
-That cityscape's much more detailed than the ones from the beginning of the show.
-Somehow I don't mind this Oumi and Roma date stuff, but I didn't like any of the other serious romantic subplots
-Speaking of Roma's health, they never mentioned why he coughs up blood all the time
-Once again the stargazing stuff is pretty interesting
-AstroPres of the all-girls school is pretty cute
-Alright the explanation of where the eyepieces came from was actually pretty touching
-Come to think of it I don't think anyone from the Souei Astro Club operated a telescope on-screen until this episode
-Yeah still not buying into the surge cannon thing, but the final night of stargazing was overall pretty nice
-It actually never occurred to me that Roma was a third-year until the last 5 minutes of the last episode.
-Come to think of it, it never occurred to me that a second-year being president was really weird until the last 3 minutes of the last episode
-Taking into account the stuff they said during the final stargazing day of the school trip with the all-girls school, this is actually a pretty fitting end for the anime.
-Huh, the last frame of the credits was the still from the OP of all the pictures on the table, and I originally saw it as a bunch of spoilers for the series, but this episode framed it as kind of a "year in review" type thing.

Show as a whole started out great and ended with a decent episode despite the Souma stuff and love triangles in the middle destroying my anticipation for the series. All of the hijinks were pretty enjoyable to watch, while the vast majority of the serious business stuff was pretty boring. The serious business stargazing stuff was pretty interesting, though. Looking back at my poll choices, the majority of the second half was rated below average aside from episodes 9 and 12, and the second half had most of the "serious business" moments. Kind of disappointed that happened, but whatever.
Jan 11, 2018 7:13 AM

Mar 2016
I really wanted to love this. Cozy stargazing and outlandish comedy, with good characters, is a great mix, and on paper that's a 8/10 show. But, of course, they have to add in dumb relationship drama. I wouldn't mind funny, it's never going anywhere, relationship drama, (like we had in the beginning) but the story took it too seriously. What happened with the teacher (there was no point to this character) was distracting, and not sure if the series ever recovered from it. That being said, the stargazing portions were great, they had a magical and mysterious feel to them. Also, the characters were great when they weren't worrying about love, and their passion for stars was inspiring to watch.
syncrogazerJan 11, 2018 7:27 AM
Sep 27, 2019 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
Had me laughing a lot for very personal reasons, especially in the beginning. 7/10
Oct 19, 2021 4:15 AM
Feb 2021
8/10 underrated anime
Nov 22, 2023 2:02 PM

Dec 2022
Was really surprised that this anime was outright excellent, as there's nothing about the cover or synopsis that immediately sticks out. The humour pretty much always hit the target, the characters were all engaging and dynamic, the astronomy scenes themselves had high immersive value, the soundtrack was neat, and the artstyle has a charmingly ageless look to it. Every episode flowed so seamlessly into the next that this almost felt like a single, long movie at times. Despite being a generally upbeat, energetic anime; it also had a firm grasp of how to set the mood through use of aesthetics and atmosphere, in a way that could fool you into thinking you're in the setting yourself.

The single flaw it had was the strange, nebulous love triangle that seemed to materialise and then fizzle out seemingly at random, like a ghost haunting a mansion. Mihoshi barely seemed to care about being the romantic rival Hime saw her as either, making it seem even less necessary.

Absolutely worth the watch if you're remotely interested in a light-hearted anime about astronomy, or just a great show in general.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 17, 6:10 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, how lovely!
Oumi is too forward!!!
I DON'T HATE IT! >_<

Anyway, I can't believe this is rated too low. Too underrated.
If they fully adapted the manga, the character development could've been great.

Story 9/10
Art 7/10
Characters 8/10
Music 9/10

I don't like the constellations too much but I like their passion and commitment to something they like.

Best scene of this final episode:
CrazyButNot4UApr 18, 12:37 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 11 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 17, 2009

43 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 10 Discussion

Torisunanohokori - Sep 13, 2009

43 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 17, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 9 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 1, 2009

43 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 17, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HikaruKaneko - Jul 14, 2009

72 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 17, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jul 6, 2009

102 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.