Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2010 6:50 AM

Jun 2008
fckyeahanimes said:
Im dying to see the next episode after Toshio finally turned ballistic at the ending =)! I want to see Natsuno turned... damn, I cant understand why he doesnt like Megumi

O_o you...cant understand why Natsuno doesnt like Megumi?=_=

well reason number one: who likes to have a psycho stalker? i dont!
Reason two: Would you like the person who killed your best friend? not to mention that she is currently stalking Natsuno´s second best friends too (Akira & Kaori).
Reason three: If he liked her the story would end. They would be a happy psycho boring couple.

ps. Nobody in the fandom supports Natsuno x Megumi. Until now the fandom is totally Natsuno x Tohru (yay^.^) or Natsuno x Kaori (yeahhhh*.*).

mystik said:
I don't think the monk is going to be very helpful but is he really just gonna sit back and let everyone die?

I'd read the manga but the anime is doing a great job building suspense and I don't want to kill the build up now. to think this started off so slow and has gotten much better.

The monk is an asshole. sorry to the fans, no offense was intended, but he is damn useless.

Oh believe me, i read the manga and its soooo awesome. Watching the anime even though i know what will happen, im still obsessed because its gonna get so fucking awesome that i cant wait to see it animated*.* so both manga and anime are great;D
OrulyonNov 10, 2010 6:57 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 10, 2010 7:37 AM

Dec 2009
Orulyon said:

Reason two: Would you like the person who killed your best friend? not to mention that she is currently stalking Natsuno´s second best friends too (Akira & Kaori).
Reason three: If he liked her the story would end. They would be a happy psycho boring couple.

Haha,yeah thats it.
And I'm not a big fan of yaoi but I think Natsuno and Tohru are so cute together
*-* Magumi should take Masao they both are freaks x)

Nov 10, 2010 8:27 AM

Jun 2009
Orulyon said:

I do, when it's a cute, awesome girl as Megumi.

Orulyon said:

I don't have any best firends, so no problem here.

Orulyon said:

Well, that's actually true.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 10, 2010 10:19 AM
Dec 2009
OrochiPL said:

Saaaad...wait, actually...no.

Fuck man, you're either mentally ill or just asshole. Wait, even mentally ill have friends. Deduction, you're a piece of a dick.
Nov 10, 2010 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
I felt really pained 'cause I know that while Toshio wants to figure out the cause and effects of this, he is actually heart broken about what he has to do with his ex wife (or they're just seprerated, i forget).

Nevertheless, epic episode.

Oh, and someone please assure me that while I do not know why, I am not the only person who loves the character of Megumi? She may be irritating at some point, but she makes Shiki that much greater.
Nov 10, 2010 1:07 PM

Jun 2008
Inarius said:

Sometimes you should be careful when visiting friends. You don't want to catch them in an inconvenient hour.

Seriously the doctor is awesome. He doesn't give a fuck about anything and goes straight to the core of finding a way to kill the shikis.
The whole experiment seem made an awesome episode along with his illusion of her rotting corpse.

I loled at the vampire wife going out with that yellow flashy ass and boob revealing outfit. That poor simpleton fell right into her slut trap.

All and all better than the last episode. Hope Shiki continues in a more brutal disgusting path now that most of the mystery is gone so it won't lose it's scary aspect.

P.S - In the place of all Masao haters i want to thank Megumi for kicking his ass and trying to reform the shape of that disgusting face of his. Another reason to love that crazy psycho girl.
MonadNov 17, 2010 3:36 AM
Nov 10, 2010 1:27 PM

Jun 2010
Orulyon said:
fckyeahanimes said:
Im dying to see the next episode after Toshio finally turned ballistic at the ending =)! I want to see Natsuno turned... damn, I cant understand why he doesnt like Megumi

ps. Nobody in the fandom supports Natsuno x Megumi. Until now the fandom is totally Natsuno x Tohru (yay^.^) or Natsuno x Kaori (yeahhhh*.*).

I read a Natsuno x Tohru DJ already, it was awesome, I liked it, but it doesnt seem like Tohru would play a bigger role in the future episodes?? (Havent really read the manga) Natsuno x Tohru fantasy ends here*

Megumi is annoying but pretty bad ass xD maybe I like her because I was a psycho stalker myself. HA! =)) kidding.
Nov 10, 2010 1:58 PM

May 2010
fckyeahanimes said:
I read a Natsuno x Tohru DJ already, it was awesome, I liked it, but it doesnt seem like Tohru would play a bigger role in the future episodes?? (Havent really read the manga) Natsuno x Tohru fantasy ends here*

Wow!! That was fast! Nice.
Nov 10, 2010 2:21 PM

Jun 2008
fckyeahanimes said:

Megumi is annoying but pretty bad ass xD maybe I like her because I was a psycho stalker myself. HA! =)) kidding.

Well Megumi makes a great "villain". every good show must have a good villain or stalker. I think she is very good in her role, and she even has some good moments, like when she was still human, or when she slapped Masao, she was great there.
Personally, although she is not my type of chara, i can recognize her importance to the show.
But...still im very grateful that Natsuno doesn't love her. That´s all.

hahaha! well everyone has the right to be a stalker...but i prefer not to become one, lolXP

Currently in the manga the supporting characters that appear the most are Megumi, the green haired nurse, Kaori and Tohru. Basically i think they will follow the manga, the anime will be the same because if we notice, they putted exactly those characters in the new ending, to give a hint that they will have more screen time also in the anime.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 10, 2010 5:41 PM

Mar 2010
Orulyon said:
fckyeahanimes said:

mystik said:
I don't think the monk is going to be very helpful but is he really just gonna sit back and let everyone die?

I'd read the manga but the anime is doing a great job building suspense and I don't want to kill the build up now. to think this started off so slow and has gotten much better.

The monk is an asshole. sorry to the fans, no offense was intended, but he is damn useless.

Oh believe me, i read the manga and its soooo awesome. Watching the anime even though i know what will happen, im still obsessed because its gonna get so fucking awesome that i cant wait to see it animated*.* so both manga and anime are great;D
Hehehe, sorry to ruin it for you but, I kind of like Megumi x Natsuno. Not how it is at the moment! But at a later time I think I will.
Nov 10, 2010 6:11 PM

Sep 2008
Toshio sensei has definitely become a favorite for me!!
I thought it was gonna be the predictable oh-I-can't-kill-my-wife-even-if-she-kills me scenario as soon as she called out to him. But NO!! HE SHUT HER UP!! OMFG sooo smart! There's definitely a reason why he's the most useful person in that little village!
This definitely made up for the lack of Yuuki in the ep ^.^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2010 11:47 PM

Jun 2007
I heard somewhere that a person can be considered legally insane after being awake for more than 72 hours straight...lol...
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Nov 11, 2010 12:10 AM

May 2010
awesome episode. i feel sorry for Kyoko but then I don't want her to live anyway :P

was natsuno really cremated? :(
Nov 11, 2010 5:46 AM

Jun 2009
The last part was disturbing. Even for a shiki, I feel bad for Kyoko.

Nov 11, 2010 5:48 AM

Jun 2009
Hokotoro said:
OrochiPL said:

Saaaad...wait, actually...no.

Fuck man, you're either mentally ill or just asshole. Wait, even mentally ill have friends. Deduction, you're a piece of a dick.

Well, this may be true, but...

xelloss said:
I heard somewhere that a person can be considered legally insane after being awake for more than 72 hours straight...lol...

I did once stay awake for 78 hours.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 12, 2010 1:10 PM

Jun 2010
finally some gore...
Nov 12, 2010 3:34 PM

Apr 2010
Oh god. . . If I was Toshio, I would have at least softened abit on the inside. . . I mean she was once my wife. . . .It was sad watching him cut her around. . .
And the last part. . . It made me sick.
But. . .That means they're gonna do that to all the shiki? Natsuno will have similar treatment if he rises?!

I'm not sure if I want to see it. . . I felt my chest hurt so much when he just hammered the stake in her. . .
But at least they found a way. . .Maybe there's some hope.
Nov 13, 2010 8:38 PM
Sep 2010
I officially conclude that the Doc is crazy.

I usually never jump in my seat or turn away from a screen when I'm watching gore, but I felt sick watching the end. I feel so sorry for Kyoko and the Doc.

At first, when he kept her after death I just thought he loved her too much to let her go.
When he found out she was still alive, I thought he was going to try to save her.
When he did all those experiments on her, I knew he was trying to find the Shikis weakness but try not to hurt/damage her too much
When he got the wooden stake...I didn't know what to think

I want to know what he is thinking right now. He can't be the same after doing all that stuff, that's just impossible.

Uploader53Nov 13, 2010 8:41 PM
Uploader53
Nov 16, 2010 7:40 AM
Nov 2010
There are some things missing from the anime which by reading the manga will clear up some of the questions people have, especially Ozaki's relationship with his wife, how they met, and the nature of their marriage.

I must say, it was really difficult for me to watch Ozaki doing that, and I flinched a little. But his goal is to secure the survival of humans, not shikis. Also ultimately, a lot of scientists are doing things like that to animals -- mice, cats, pigs, basically experimenting on them to carry out studies which will benefit humans. These animals eventually die. They are bred in the lab to be killed in the lab for these purposes. It's reality.

The doctor is not crazy nor cruel. He just wants to make sure that the villagers no longer die, and he must find a way to eradicate the shikis. I don't see that as being cruel. Would one rather sit and wait for death? He simply came to the conclusion that is no 'gentle' or 'kind' way to find out how to kill shikis 'humanely'. Besides, he did start with small steps by injecting drugs into her to see if those lethal doses would kill her. Then his methods grew extreme when those methods didn't work. It's not like he slaughtered Kyoko up in a maniacal frenzy right off the bat.

Nov 16, 2010 8:43 PM

Oct 2009
Oh my god... :'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2010 6:30 PM

May 2010
Inarius said:
crap...they didn't show when he poured acid on her

I think I wouldave liked to see that, seeing as how it already wasn't messed up enough. Megumi was awesome beating up that guy.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Nov 21, 2010 4:20 PM
Jan 2009
wow! That's crazy doc, but when would he ever get that kind of opportunity. You kind of feel bad for his wife though, the shiki obviously feel and she didn't ask for it.
Nov 24, 2010 4:29 PM

Dec 2008
Lady gaga got an anime!!
Nov 25, 2010 2:30 AM

Jun 2009
The main event from the episode 11/12 preview episode.. lol

Did I saw Heihachi?
Ebuchi (shiki?) opening the house for free invitation?
Toshio miss one part to check ***** hehe
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 25, 2010 5:56 PM

Nov 2008
I have to admit this is one of the absolute only times I have felt grossed out and somewhat disturbed by a scene in an anime. I felt sooo sorry for Kyoko and I think the doctor has snapped. =/

Not sure why he killed her though. He could have kept her alive and used her as living(or unliving I guess) proof.
Nov 25, 2010 9:35 PM

Feb 2008
...Holy shit, that was so disturbing. I even feel kinda sick now. I think the Doc went off the deep end. Er...

Anyways, I do hate Megumi (a LOT), but I got to hand it to her for slapping around Masao. Still hate them both though.
Nov 26, 2010 11:36 AM
Feb 2010
Disturbing.... o.o
Great series nonetheless. But, oh, so disturbing. 0.0
Nov 27, 2010 2:02 AM

May 2010
I'm going crazy by watching how Ozaki act o.o ;_;
Nov 30, 2010 1:13 PM
Jul 2008
Godlike episode.
Dec 3, 2010 7:16 AM
Jan 2009
Godlike indeed, this episode was f*Cking awesome
Dec 4, 2010 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
Oh my God, the end made me cringe like a bitch.
Dec 16, 2010 5:54 AM

Sep 2008
That was SO AWESOME. I love this anime. Was reminded of some of the rather disturbing parts from Higurashi with this.

This is by far the best anime of 2010.
Dec 17, 2010 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Geez, that was brutal. It was an awesome episode and all, but the last few minutes freaked the heck out of me. I feel really bad for Kyoko too, shiki or not.

(Oh, and on a less serious note: Lady Gaga Chizuru's appearance and Megumi giving Masao just what he deserved for once were win too.)
Dec 17, 2010 11:05 PM

Mar 2008
I hated Kyoko, but I'd feel bad for anyone in that position...
I'm not one to really feel bad (I love the Saw movies and I never cringe) but the last bit of this episode, I totally cringed.
Dec 24, 2010 4:22 PM

Jan 2010
Elizabeta said:
Disturbing. But fucking good 5/5.

Yup....DISTURBING is the right word for this episode xD
Dec 26, 2010 10:08 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, awesome. The part with awaken Kyoko and trying many ways to kill her was totally great!
Megumi kicking Masao SUPER.
I wonder what happened with Natsuno...
Dec 31, 2010 5:12 AM

Jan 2010
Orulyon said:

Not true, I've liked Natsuno x Megumi from the first episode, till the last. Natsuno & Tohru are best friends, nothing else. As far as I can remember, I saw also that Tohru told Natsuno he wanted to go out with Ritsuku or something like that and Kaori just trusts Natsuno since he was the only one who wanted to help her and her brother. She's nothing.
Jan 1, 2011 10:32 PM

Jul 2009
Oh my god. That guy at the end of the first half is O_O
... TOSHIO! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO KYOKO?! T_T I felt so bad for her ... oh god, the experimentation was disturbing >_< Ugh! I really liked her! To your WIFE?! That's cold man ... >_<
Only one more episode left in my marathon for now ... D;
I have a feeling Natsuno will rise up eventually, right?!
Jan 5, 2011 11:21 AM

Aug 2010
The last 7 minutes were the heart of this episode. That what I'd expect from the doctor!
Jan 5, 2011 1:29 PM
Jul 2010
That was disturbing. Deliciously disturbing. No, really, it was an amazing episode.

I felt really bad for Kyoko but Ozaki did what he had to. He really admire his coldness. What he found out is not only able to prove to the people of the village what's behind the deaths, but plays also an important part in any hope they may have to defeat the shiki. Now Muroi must have been totally shocked with that scene. I know I was.

Oh, and props to Megumi for beating up Masao. Unlike her, he's just as annoying as he was before turning into a shiki. I wonder what will happen to Natsuno. I want him to return!
Jan 5, 2011 5:53 PM

Aug 2009
That was the most disturbing thing ever.

I understand Kyoko is now one of the Risen and she wasn't exactly a great wife but ... either this man is insane or he's got enough guts to torture his own wife ind deadly ways and then hammer a stake into her heart. That was just cruel.

She didn't even know what the hell was going on. She had just awakened! ='(
Jan 7, 2011 1:09 PM

Jan 2010
just when i thought the anime is starting to lose steam :O

5/5...i can't belive he actually killed her...i didn't want him to kill her :(
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 10, 2011 5:58 AM

May 2009
Oh my God, that was scary and disturbing, yet brilliant. Toshio's desperation is so beautifully depicted.
Inarius said:
crap...they didn't show when he poured acid on her..
Toshio did more to Kyouko?! I need to read the manga, it seems.
Jan 18, 2011 10:31 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode. I'm glad the doc is thinking rationally. He knew what he had to do and we weren't tortured by a cliche 'I can't kill her, she's still my wife no matter what' scene.
Jan 27, 2011 7:00 AM

Apr 2009
Holy SHIT, Toshio o.o I mean, wtf?
He basically turned all nazi-doctor on his wife o.o I fucking knew from the beginning he was going to be my favourite character, and he still is, despite crossing the moral event horizon :P
CenedessJan 27, 2011 7:18 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 5, 2011 11:00 PM

Oct 2008
Wow.. think the doctor kinda lost the plot. Experimenting on his own wife? :S
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 8, 2011 11:18 AM

May 2008
Just like everyone else , I have to say that it was disturbing . I wasnt big fan of his wife, or her haircut :D but when i saw her , there in pain . I mean i think she loved him and he did all those horroble things to her T_T I was like NOOOO. But oh well D: And I also thought he'd hesitate , but he didnt o.o It was well...interesting . But weirdly I have to say that i liked it ..
Mar 3, 2011 7:15 AM

Feb 2009
That was sooo sick! Soooo awesome! Doc sure did some thorough examination of his vampire wifey.It was...it was...it was just terific.No,actually it was more than terific.
I am overjoyed!!!
ChaosLegionMar 3, 2011 7:42 AM

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Mar 3, 2011 7:17 AM

Feb 2009
fuck the lag!
ChaosLegionMar 3, 2011 7:41 AM

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Mar 8, 2011 8:17 AM
Oct 2009
That was quite painful to watch. Toshio finally lost it.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Muroi is one of the worst characters in anime ( 1 2 )

masaba - Mar 30, 2011

99 by JustMonaka »»
May 21, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Oct 28, 2010

185 by JustMonaka »»
May 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 2, 2010

249 by JustMonaka »»
May 19, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Jul 29, 2010

300 by JustMonaka »»
May 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.