Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2016 3:03 AM
Jul 2015
I think this Anime is extremely special because of the Art style. Also the slow pace is quite nice. I really hope there will be a second season. And also damn I need more LN -Chapters.
Also some critique from the LN-Reader standpoint:

I so hope this gets a second season.
Mar 28, 2016 3:50 AM

Aug 2010
Truly a wonderful anime. My favorite this season without a doubt.
Please, let this have a second season... I need more of Mary and Haruhiro.
Mar 28, 2016 3:57 AM

Mar 2011
These last 2 episodes was great.
Lets hope for another season.
Mar 28, 2016 4:30 AM
Mar 2016
seas888 said:
I think this Anime is extremely special because of the Art style. Also the slow pace is quite nice. I really hope there will be a second season. And also damn I need more LN -Chapters.
Also some critique from the LN-Reader standpoint:

I so hope this gets a second season.

I agree, I hope they made it 13 episodes and includes all the Deathspot fight in the LN.
Mar 28, 2016 4:36 AM

Oct 2008
I liked this show through the entire season, and that hasn't really changed with the last episode. The ending was more than fine.

9/10.
Though there was a stupid mistake at around half time.
It wouldn't have been annoying if they weren't showing Rantas helmet with blood flowing out of it, hanging from something. And when deadspots finds him, he obviously couldn't have his helmet. But then for a brief moment when deadspots destroys that "shed" and Ranta uses exhaust to escape the strike, he wears his helmet. Plus every single bloodstain has disappeared from his head/clothes.
I don't usually notice mistakes like that, but i was way too focused on everything that happened.
Mar 28, 2016 4:39 AM

Jan 2016
I am very glad to see that Ranta is still alive..

I knew that Ranta has the hots for Yume. The scene when he was about to killed by Death Spots is nice to see. Ranta's pet, Zodiaco is really being a more annoying douche than Ranta xD, I guess the pet's attitude depends on their owner's?

The scenes in the episode made me go aboard on the feels train too much and I really think Haruhiro is the strongest in the party after seeing this episode.

I want a second season. It's not enough, seriously. Some of the characters in the anime reflect on my feelings so much. Good thing that the anime is from a LN that I can read so I wouldn't get too sad.
EricMar 28, 2016 5:01 AM
At least justify your opinions instead of just saying "it's my opinion". It would've been more polite.

Mar 28, 2016 4:39 AM
Feb 2015
well thin one had was a slow one, but somehow this was a really nice to watch, tho thease last eps were really good,mayne not enough fight scanes but it fel somehow different, however this anime was enjoyable to watch ! :)
Mar 28, 2016 4:56 AM

Jun 2010
I wasn't sure who to ship with Haru the whole season after Mary appeared. Definately wanted Haru x Yume earlier, but now with this final episode I guess Yume will go with Ranta, and so Haru x Mary it is... and guess Moguzo will take Shihoru, since Manato isn't around anymore.

Outside of my shipping though, it's a shame we didn't get a even any real romance besides a few hints throughout the season. For a show that is a slice of life show, I kind of expected more in this department.

Didn't expect Haru to 1 v 1 death spots and win though so that kind of shocked me, that alone made the last episode awesome and unexpected. Really thought it be a team thing and their final triumph after all that build up towards this. But nah.. Kirito.. er Haru got 'dis.

Anyways 8/10 for me. Kept me occupied this season and 2nd only after Gate S2.

Only complaint is the romance or lack of as mentioned earlier and would have scored it higher had it had some.

Mar 28, 2016 5:02 AM
Feb 2015
well thin one had was a slow one, but somehow this was a really nice to watch, tho thease last eps were really good,mayne not enough fight scanes but it fel somehow different, however this anime was enjoyable to watch ! :)
Mar 28, 2016 5:07 AM

Nov 2012
The anime actually did get me pretty worked up when Ranta stayed behind to fend off the Kobolds,I think his character was written pretty well.
Mar 28, 2016 5:10 AM

Jun 2012
Really liked the ending, but they pretty much fucked up the animation on Haruiro last burst against Date Spots.
Mar 28, 2016 6:05 AM

Apr 2014
Kureiji-Otaku said:
This anime is very boring, right to the very end.
people say its "slow" but there is almost no character development whatsoever, here's my breakdown of character development :

-Haruhiro: indecisive emo kid -> decided to sacrifice self for his team
-Merry: i dont want to talk => now i talk
-Mogzo: Domo =>Domo
-Shihoru: i'm so shy i put my hair over my eyes => now i wear a hair pin
-Yume: flat and useless => flat and useful
-Ranta: i speak my mind even though i'm stupid => i still do the same

But it was real chill most of the time, kinda calming, i even call it my "ASMR anime" .
Its a solid okay anime, and i dont understand why people call it great or 10/10.

Fixed that for you.
Mar 28, 2016 6:08 AM

May 2008
7/10 overall i enjoyed the slow pace, i want a 2nd season!

AUSTRALIA!!! so random
Mar 28, 2016 6:48 AM

Jan 2013
AUSTRARIA! Best ending 10/10
Mar 28, 2016 7:14 AM

Jul 2013
________________________________________________ meh
Mar 28, 2016 7:27 AM

Feb 2008
4/10 and that's just cause of the amazing art background.

I'll miss you, Goblin Blue. Goblin Orge as well too.
Mar 28, 2016 8:28 AM
Dec 2012
I really enjoyed this series I think the pacing fit perfectly with the series' atmosphere though there are a few mistakes but I can live with those :)

I hope there will be a 2nd season 'cause 12 eps wasn't enough for me! :D
Mar 28, 2016 8:33 AM

Jun 2010
hmmm It seems like there is a development between Haruhiho and Merry... I hope there would be a second season!
"A sword is a weapon, Kenjutsu is the
art of killing, Whatever pretty words
you use to speak of it, this is
its true nature."

Otaku always defy common sense.

nferocious76

Mar 28, 2016 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Great closure episode for me seeing Haruhiro take out Death Spots (that guy doesn't know when to quit) and Shihoru's magic, the part when they got out of the mine and the party's conversion as well as the talk with Manato was nice as well. 5/5 for the episode and 9/10 for the series
Mar 28, 2016 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Was sure someone was going to die in the last ep, it was a good show overall. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 28, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
By the end of the series we discover the only thing more annoying than Ranta is his Demon familiar thingy o_o

Al in all I enjoyed the run and the boss fight was pretty cool. Although it was a bit stupid for Haruhiro to get a -power suddenly to kill foe-. Could have been done better. Kinda makes the whole "just some normal guys trying to survive" feel they've been going for kinda pointless.

Also Master SHIP MARY Awww yeah
Mar 28, 2016 9:28 AM

Aug 2014
8/10. Definitely one of the best of this season.

Mar 28, 2016 9:34 AM

Apr 2015
Kiri_Meow said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Actually it does for a better understanding of the anime overall. The audience would get a better grasp of their situation which would be a + in Grimgar. Some kind of explanation was what i as well was hopping for, but in the beginning we only get "They are there, deal with it" and thats it for all 12 episodes.

See, this is why the anime left a bad taste in my mouth. I wanted to know more on how they got there, or anything related to the fact that they are trapped in a fantasy world, but the anime doesn't explore that AT ALL. They just kept on wondering why they say weird things sometimes, but they don't even try to ask more experienced players, if they had a clue or wtv.

Maybe I just got my hopes up that maybe there would be answers or at least clues by the end of the anime. Had to go through all that episodes and gain nothing. smh

If you gained nothing simply because you looked at the wrong thing which the series didn't even choose to focus on at all outside of "That's odd", then that fault lies squarely on yourself.
Mar 28, 2016 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
LauraBirdie said:
So several people noticed the continuity error but no one noticed the part where Hal kills the Death Spots and there are just keyframes? To cover it up they turned everything green. Quite sad to see this happening to this show, it's been mostly consistent but they couldn't quite pull it off. Having recently watched Shirobako I can only imagine what happened :O

Noticed that too, however it's definitely the director's decision and the entire studio related to their budget issue so I don't really mind, while the other very "noticeable" continuity errors more likely because individual animator's mistake. Overworked factor is really strong here...

Rikuo-kun said:
What happened?

What do you mean? I don't see anything wro... oh wait.
Mar 28, 2016 10:00 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode. Ranta ftw, He's the real MVP.

Haruhiro was pretty badass but him taking down Death Spots solo like that was a bit overboard I suppose. Still pretty cool

Merry was so cute this episode <3, The way she set Ranta straight was really funny xD
And the Merry x Haru scenes made her look more gorgeous than usual <3

Overall 7/10 for me, Very slow paced. Not that I disliked it but a full 7-8 episodes of goblin grinding made it too slow and really hindered the possible World Building especially the scenery shots with the insert song made it slower than it should have been.
Not to mention Haruhiro mentions Manato like every episode which got a little annoying at points, Thank goodness this episode he realized that he's not Manato and should follow his own path.

Would love to see a S2 with more world building and diversity and of course more Merry xD
Mar 28, 2016 10:59 AM

Apr 2015
Kiri_Meow said:
Tylaen said:

If you gained nothing simply because you looked at the wrong thing which the series didn't even choose to focus on at all outside of "That's odd", then that fault lies squarely on yourself.

I don't think you can actually pinpoint the real focus of the story if you just started watching it, aside from reading the synopsis and even that isn't enough unless you do full on research.
That is why I continued watching the series out of curiosity and with high hopes that that point or plot or wtv would be explored. If you had no idea or background of the series, you would of course, as a new viewer, hope that the thing that piqued your interest in continuing the series would at least be touched upon on the later episodes, especially if that was one of the things that could answer why they were in Grimgar in the first place.

Oh, the "I do not belong here" vibes were touched upon lightly, even In the last episodes however I would dare you to tell how you expected the series, after episode 5, to suddenly take a heel turn and become something it has thus far not been Interested In. Judging the series for what you want it to be Is such a waste of time, In contrast to judging it for what it wants to be.

The "Why am I here" Is far less Important to the story than the "I am here".
Mar 28, 2016 11:19 AM
Sep 2015
ihatemecha said:
They stole Ranta's thunder! And super sized Haru's role...

Meh. Still pretty good.

This episode started out so good! Ranta was being great as usual, Haruhiro wasn't being boring and preachy like usual and the Ranta x Yume scenes were great. I was totally ready to give this show a 5/10 for those first eleven minutes... then Haruhiro had to fuck everything up. When he started talking about Minato again I just rolled my eyes but it wasn't as bad as usual so I was okay. However, when he took down Death Spots by himself I was ready to scream out of anger. He shoud now be able to defeat a monster that powerful just because of magical main protagonist plot armor. He said he broke his arm... and yet used it like it was completly fine. I've broken my arm before, it hurts like hell and no way in hell should anyone be able to beat a monster like Death Spots, who apparently only gets stronger with damage, with that broken arm. The last couple minutes of the episode were boring and had too much Haruhiro preaching for my taste. But overall this show gets a three from me. Ranta was consistently good throughout the show but every other character was just awful. If they were going for Ranta x Yume then why would they spend four episodes setting up Haruhiro x Yume! It makes no sense!
If you love Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku Wo! (God's Blessing Blessing on this Wonderful World!) Then come join The Kono Suba Fan Club to enjoy a community of people that share your love. It's a small club as of now but we hope to grow much larger as this amazing show goes on!
Mar 28, 2016 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
Fucking majestic.
Haruhiro x Mary forever.

Overall, a great series. Keep on doing this, A-1.
9/10.

"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Mar 28, 2016 11:43 AM
Mar 2008
Tylaen said:
Kiri_Meow said:

I don't think you can actually pinpoint the real focus of the story if you just started watching it, aside from reading the synopsis and even that isn't enough unless you do full on research.
That is why I continued watching the series out of curiosity and with high hopes that that point or plot or wtv would be explored. If you had no idea or background of the series, you would of course, as a new viewer, hope that the thing that piqued your interest in continuing the series would at least be touched upon on the later episodes, especially if that was one of the things that could answer why they were in Grimgar in the first place.

Oh, the "I do not belong here" vibes were touched upon lightly, even In the last episodes however I would dare you to tell how you expected the series, after episode 5, to suddenly take a heel turn and become something it has thus far not been Interested In. Judging the series for what you want it to be Is such a waste of time, In contrast to judging it for what it wants to be.

If thats it, then why even include the thing with "another world"? There is no point.
They could as well just ignore that and go along with "This is the world the characters are in AND come from" but instead they just throw the "another world" in there but an explanation for why they are there or what for is basically non-existent. This doesnt have to be THE focus in Grimgar, if its not even suppose to be the focus, thats fine.
But including the "another world" thing, just throws some people off and leaves a bitter taste in their mouth since the interest is there to actually know what world they are from and so on. You probably not, but other people.
Throwing the "another world" thing away because its not the focus, is just an easy way to ignore things that were included in the Anime itself. Some people cant just do that since it was mentioned on an Anime but never got explained, is therefore part of the Anime.
Is like knowing that SonGoku is Saiyajin that lives on earth but they never mention it again because thats not the focus of DBZ (as an example). Then there is no point to even mentioning that he is a Saiyajin, its the same with Grimgar.
But for the point with "after episode 5":
There would be a possibility in the end to show Haruhiro, Ranta, etc to go back to their world or something, by then at least the audience would be were they come from or whatever. Or at least mention it. But there was nothing like that.
As i see it, there was no point to mention the "another world" if they arent gonna do anything with it.
I think this would also explain "Kiri-Meow"'s point and complaint..............since i have basically the same one although appreciating some other points of Grimgar.
Mar 28, 2016 11:55 AM

Apr 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:

If thats it, then why even include the thing with "another world"? There is no point.
They could as well just ignore that and go along with "This is the world the characters are in AND come from" but instead they just throw the "another world" in there but an explanation for why they are there or what for is basically non-existent. This doesnt have to be THE focus in Grimgar, if its not even suppose to be the focus, thats fine.
But including the "another world" thing, just throws some people off and leaves a bitter taste in their mouth since the interest is there to actually know what world they are from and so on. You probably not, but other people.
Throwing the "another world" thing away because its not the focus, is just an easy way to ignore things that were included in the Anime itself. Some people cant just do that since it was mentioned on an Anime but never got explained, is therefore part of the Anime.
Is like knowing that SonGoku is Saiyajin that lives on earth but they never mention it again because thats not the focus of DBZ (as an example). Then there is no point to even mentioning that he is a Saiyajin, its the same with Grimgar.
There would be a possibility in the end to show Haruhiro, Ranta, etc to go back to their world or something, by then at least the audience would be were they come from or whatever. Or at least mention it. But there was nothing like that.
As i see it, there was no point to mention the "another world" if they arent gonna do anything with it.
I think this would also explain "Kiri-Meow"'s point and complaint..............since i have basically the same one although appreciating some other points of Grimgar.

Actually, it wasn't mentioned for years that Goku was a Saiyan so that's a bit of a half-assed example and it didn't really matter until he became an adult...

The purpose of not just having the characters have lived In the world prior to the start of the anime, Is to have them become accustomed to the new reality they've never known to exist which Is something you can't do if they were raised there.

I will, once again, say that forcing your view on shows of what you want it to be without flinching a bit Is unhealthy In the long term as shows like this will defy the norm.
Mar 28, 2016 12:02 PM

Apr 2009
Tylaen said:
Kiri_Meow said:

When the show is dropping hints about some past life, viewers can't help but be curious about it. It was one of the first dilemmas the show presented, strangers in a strange land.
Mar 28, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2015
MiraiLink said:
Tylaen said:

When the show is dropping hints about some past life, viewers can't help but be curious about it. It was one of the first dilemmas the show presented, strangers in a strange land.

I don't fault others for being curious about how they got there;I fault them for laser focusing on it to the point where nothing else matters.
Mar 28, 2016 12:13 PM

Feb 2011
Nigami_Shin said:
PowerTearer said:
Supposedly romantic scene ruined by uncolored sock within the next frame.

Someone at A-1 probably should have stop taking extended work hours for a while....

oh no. you are right - totally ruined the moment

Sadly, that wasn't only mistake they made. Ranta had his helmet on for some reason when he used his Exhaust ability. He clearly lost his helmet trying to get away, so I'm guessing they were reusing an animation from an earlier episode. I'd like to show images as well, but that'd be time consuming.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 28, 2016 12:15 PM
Mar 2008
Tylaen said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Actually, it wasn't mentioned for years that Goku was a Saiyan so that's a bit of a half-assed example and it didn't really matter until he became an adult...

The purpose of not just having the characters have lived In the world prior to the start of the anime, Is to have them become accustomed to the new reality they've never known to exist which Is something you can't do if they were raised there.

I will, once again, say that forcing your view on shows of what you want it to be without flinching a bit Is unhealthy In the long term as shows like this will defy the norm.

At some point was mentioned that he is a Saiyajin, right? Therefore, it would be useless to mention it at all without using that point to the story.

Not necessarily. They dont need to be raised there on that spot, they just need to be in a completely another enviorment and thats it. Therefore, it would very well suffice to just come from the other side of that world instead of another world. But even then, mentioning the enviorment they come from would still be needed to understand their situation better at how much different it is from their current enviorment or something. But it would be a bit more understandable coming from another part of the world than from an another actual world.

I am not forcing anything. I am just evaluating the Anime for what it is. BUT the difference is, i am as well judging the points that were never actually raised. If you and others choose to ignore those points, thats fine, but thats not how i work or even others work. It has nothing to do with "I want Anime X to be this but it showed me that instead".
Mar 28, 2016 12:26 PM
Apr 2014
Nice end. Even though it was kinda like a MC-godmode for Haruhiro but up until the point he magically won it was really well done and the part after that was totally fine, too. Still would have been more "realistically" if that monster just didn't follow them and they safely escaped after blinding it before.

Totally would watch another season if this. I also kinda hope it is happening because it wasn't much explained about their situation at all (luckily it told a pretty good story anyway).
Mar 28, 2016 12:43 PM

Apr 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:
Tylaen said:

At some point was mentioned that he is a Saiyajin, right? Therefore, it would be useless to mention it at all without using that point to the story.

Not necessarily. They dont need to be raised there on that spot, they just need to be in a completely another enviorment and thats it. Therefore, it would very well suffice to just come from the other side of that world instead of another world. But even then, mentioning the enviorment they come from would still be needed to understand their situation better at how much different it is from their current enviorment or something. But it would be a bit more understandable coming from another part of the world than from an another actual world.

I am not forcing anything. I am just evaluating the Anime for what it is. BUT the difference is, i am as well judging the points that were never actually raised. If you and others choose to ignore those points, thats fine, but thats not how i work or even others work. It has nothing to do with "I want Anime X to be this but it showed me that instead".

The difference between Dragon Ball and Grimgar is that Dragon Ball has 12 episodes and Dragon Ball has more than 600.

If you want teenagers to become accustomed to another environment, yes it would but not if they had to become accustomed to an entire world. The entire premise Is based on them knowing nothing, so knowing "something" about the world is not the same at all. Even transporting kids from the same world to another location would still lend a sense of familiarity because, it is their world and some may have even read about the place from legends or whatnot.

You're judging points that were raised but were left for another time, In contrast to points which were mentioned once and abandoned entirely forever, which Is not the case as the lingering effects of their unknowing nature permeates the entire series. It was left for another time because it was less important than learning the current world, which Is the most relevant world.
Mar 28, 2016 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
Tylaen said:
MiraiLink said:

I don't fault others for being curious about how they got there;I fault them for laser focusing on it to the point where nothing else matters.

Who are you though? I don't see why it's any of your business to call people out on what they choose to question or take from the show. I absolute hate shippers and their constant talk of "person x person" and I don't think that's what Grimgar is about, but you don't see me responding to people and telling them not to force relationships and romance. Questioning the lack of answers to a plot point is very healthy.
Mar 28, 2016 12:48 PM

Apr 2015
MiraiLink said:
Tylaen said:

Who are you though? I don't see why it's any of your business to call people out on what they choose to question or take from the show. I absolute hate shippers and their constant talk of "person x person" and I don't think that's what Grimgar is about, but you don't see me responding to people and telling them not to force relationships and romance. Questioning the lack of answers to a plot point is very healthy.

It matters little if it is my business or not. Who are you to tell me to mind my own business?

I do agree that questioning the lack of answers Is healthy, but unhealthy In overdoses.
Mar 28, 2016 1:03 PM
Mar 2008
Tylaen said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

The difference between Dragon Ball and Grimgar is that Dragon Ball has 12 episodes and Dragon Ball has more than 600.

If you want teenagers to become accustomed to another environment, yes it would but not if they had to become accustomed to an entire world. The entire premise Is based on them knowing nothing, so knowing "something" about the world is not the same at all. Even transporting kids from the same world to another location would still lend a sense of familiarity because, it is their world and some may have even read about the place from legends or whatnot.

You're judging points that were raised but were left for another time, In contrast to points which were mentioned once and abandoned entirely forever, which Is not the case as the lingering effects of their unknowing nature permeates the entire series. It was left for another time because it was less important than learning the current world, which Is the most relevant world.

That is not the point. The number of total episodes is irrelevant if X is mentioned but producers dont do anything with it. When i mention this, i dont expect the level of explanation like DBZ did, but at least 5-10 minutes for it at least.

Not really. And that is why it would be better to know from what world they are from or whatever. Because you can surely assume that they dont know anything about this world, which would be true, but at the same time they would quickly understand that the world they are in resembles their world in 12th century or something but with the mystical and magic as an actual difference.
I am not saying that you are wrong but i think you are not immediately right either when nobody knows how their world is actually like. Therefore, i find it a bit hard just to speculate and thats why i would prefer to know what their world is like to better understand how much they have to adapt. I can also speculate a lot, but in the end it just raises too many questions with no answers at all.
Therefore, coming from the other side of this current world would be the same as from another world or it wouldnt be the same at all (as in harder or easier to adapt).

Saying "were just left for another time" cuts it for you? Who says that there will be another time as in a sequel? Even if there is a sequel, who says that the producers will grab the point i am raising and explain it at least a bit? This when absolutely, to my knowledge, is guaranteed....
The only thing is, they could continue everything in the novel...........like Capeta or Berserk did, an somewhat open-end but still satisfying finale to continue with everything in the manga. This could actually be since i dont read the novel (heck, never even red one), but just to say "for another time"............. i dont know if this is the best solution.

EDIT:
BTW what the heck is happening here now? Cant there be a discussion without going overboard?
Mar 28, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2014
It was so good.
It was too real at some points. Because of the certain little details, It sometimes felt more like a real story than a fictional work, especially in the first half of the show (like the things about drinking etc). As for anime-only watcher, the storytelling is just great. No unnecessary scenes, everything planned very well, everything on point. Not too much fanservice, just here and there a little bit of a teasing which was really good for lightening the mood for a bit.

And I ABSOLUTELY love the soundtrack and animation. The artwork is just so BEAUTIFUL, that I would like to keep some cadres as a wallpapers on my wall. Beautiful watercolor painting with vivid colors!

I will give this one a 9/10 (very good). Maybe nothing too much original, but the production wise it's just amazing. I hope it will get a second season.
Thank you for the great time, grimgar.
Mar 28, 2016 1:21 PM

Apr 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:
Tylaen said:

That is not the point. The number of total episodes is irrelevant if X is mentioned but producers dont do anything with it. When i mention this, i dont expect the level of explanation like DBZ did, but at least 5-10 minutes for it at least.

Not really. And that is why it would be better to know from what world they are from or whatever. Because you can surely assume that they dont know anything about this world, which would be true, but at the same time they would quickly understand that the world they are in resembles their world in 12th century or something but with the mystical and magic as an actual difference.
I am not saying that you are wrong but i think you are not immediately right either when nobody knows how their world is actually like. Therefore, i find it a bit hard just to speculate and thats why i would prefer to know what their world is like to better understand how much they have to adapt. I can also speculate a lot, but in the end it just raises too many questions with no answers at all.
Therefore, coming from the other side of this current world would be the same as from another world or it wouldnt be the same at all (as in harder or easier to adapt).

Saying "were just left for another time" cuts it for you? Who says that there will be another time as in a sequel? Even if there is a sequel, who says that the producers will grab the point i am raising and explain it at least a bit? This when absolutely, to my knowledge, is guaranteed....
The only thing is, they could continue everything in the novel...........like Capeta or Berserk did, an somewhat open-end but still satisfying finale to continue with everything in the manga. This could actually be since i dont read the novel (heck, never even red one), but just to say "for another time"............. i dont know if this is the best solution.

EDIT:
BTW what the heck is happening here now? Cant there be a discussion without going overboard?

But the author did do something with it. Dedicating so much time for something which Is largely irrelevant outside of it's side effects, that being the "Strangers In a strange land" thing.

Given their choice of clothing, the various mentions of planes and Australia...I'd say it is pretty clear what sort of world they've originated from. There Is not much to speculate about outside of Aqua from Konosuba transporting them into this world, because that may as well be the answer.

The producers don't matter a lot, as the LN has already been written and may have already answered your questions. That a writer brought In to adapt the material changing it, Is an entirely different thing but I am essentially "alright" with leaving material dangling for another time. You can only tackle so much In 12 episodes, so the number of episodes Is extremely relevant to me.

P.S Dunno.
Mar 28, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2009
Z4k said:
Kureiji-Otaku said:
This anime is very boring, right to the very end.
people say its "slow" but there is almost no character development whatsoever, here's my breakdown of character development :

-Haruhiro: indecisive emo kid -> decided to sacrifice self for his team
-Merry: i dont want to talk => now i talk
-Mogzo: Domo =>Domo
-Shihoru: i'm so shy i put my hair over my eyes => now i wear a hair pin
-Yume: flat and useless => flat and useful
-Ranta: i speak my mind even though i'm stupid => i still do the same
-Manato: Decent leader -> dead

But it was real chill most of the time, kinda calming, i even call it my "ASMR anime" .
Its a solid okay anime, and i dont understand why people call it great or 10/10.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed it even further.
Mar 28, 2016 1:51 PM
Mar 2008
Tylaen said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

EDIT:

But the author did do something with it. Dedicating so much time for something which Is largely irrelevant outside of it's side effects, that being the "Strangers In a strange land" thing.

Given their choice of clothing, the various mentions of planes and Australia...I'd say it is pretty clear what sort of world they've originated from. There Is not much to speculate about outside of Aqua from Konosuba transporting them into this world, because that may as well be the answer.

The producers don't matter a lot, as the LN has already been written and may have already answered your questions. That a writer brought In to adapt the material changing it, Is an entirely different thing but I am essentially "alright" with leaving material dangling for another time. You can only tackle so much In 12 episodes, so the number of episodes Is extremely relevant to me.

P.S Dunno.

Maybe for you thats enough, knowing that you think what i was hoping to see is mostly irrelevant. I dont see it as enough at all. Do they need so spend an arc on that subject? No, do they need a whole episode for it? No, giving the 12 episodes, but 5- 10 minutes? Yeah, being spread throughout the Anime or in one single episode.
The thing is, the time they spent showing the slower parts (which at times it worked but others times it was slightly dragged), they could have used the time for the world they are from without even being the focus. I dont this that is a irrelevant as you say it is.

You see, thats the problem. Mentioning "Australia" doesnt automatically mean that they are refering to the country. Being clothed like that in the beginning doesnt mean that they are from the world as we know it right now. Sure, you can assume, you could be right, but being an Anime the possibility of this kind of fantasy, you could as well be wrong.
Since i dont know, i cant make a clear judgement or have a clear "grasp" at all and thats what bothers me. You could now well say "just ignore it since its not the focus", but it doesnt have to be a focus at all to be a "problem" that could very well be cleared even being only 12 episodes.

Yeah, you can only tackle so much in 12 episodes, i get that. On that regard, Grimgar does a way better job than, for example, Divine Gate did since Grimgar doesnt smash everything together in 12 episodes to the point it doesnt even make sense. But, again, i think that 5-10 minutes a bit more dedicated to the whole "another world" thing, would do Grimgar good and give the audience a better understanding of their situation.
I am not saying that Grimgar is overall bad, quite the contrary, its a nice Anime, but there are some things (like this one) they could have done a better job.
Mar 28, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:

I am not saying that Grimgar is overall bad, quite the contrary, its a nice Anime, but there are some things (like this one) they could have done a better job.

Fair enough. We seem to be going In a circle by now regarding our different priorities and I don't want to address anything, as I might just end up back tracking into prior arguments.

The exception being that I don't think the concept of how their world was, was ignored but how they got there was.

Nice talking to you, nevertheless.
Mar 28, 2016 2:05 PM
Mar 2008
Tylaen said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Fair enough. We seem to be going In a circle by now regarding our different priorities and I don't want to address anything, as I might just end up back tracking into prior arguments.

The exception being that I don't think the concept of how their world was, was ignored but how they got there was.

Nice talking to you, nevertheless.

I saw this one coming (the merry-go-round), which is at some point inevitable.
But at least, so i think, was a respectable discussion. Nice talk and good day/night to you.
Mar 28, 2016 2:11 PM

Jan 2009
Loved this episode and loved the show.

Zodiaco's voice acting was so great :D
Also AAHHHH that HaruMary -moment!! Mary's so great.

I want more of this. 9/10.
Mar 28, 2016 2:21 PM
Mar 2016
nikolai131 said:
Literally this was the WORST light novel adaptation I've seen since Mahou Sensou. A-1 never stops to amaze me--- From the insane changes in the character designs, to the tens of skipped scenes and the hundreds altered ones, including the most symbolic and important ones... Oh and not to forget the increase of fanservice and ass-shots, 'cuz they so important. I had such hopes for this considering I am big fan of the light novels, but oh well... what can you do... Now I should start praying for complete remake from another studio and to never get a 2nd season by A-1.

Only thing I will prize are the backgrounds/landscapes. They were insanely beautiful, nothing like the cheaply drawn characters that didn't do them justice.

As for the last episode itself. It gave a nice (sort of) conclusion to the TV, and more chara-dev for Mary (sorry, no Mary), and the romance remarks were welcome too.

Christ I hate it when people compare two different versions. Not everyone reads manga. This series was fantastic and makes me want more. And the Art style of this series was fantastic. You are subject to your opinion but feel free to look at a show without bias and look at it as it's own series because it is.
Mar 28, 2016 3:19 PM

Dec 2014
A solid story. I didn't find any major problems with the pacing or "slow" progression of the characters. In fact, the pacing of the show made it stand out from the many others in this particular genre. The main character wasn't dozens of levels ahead of everyone else for no apparent reason. He wasn't related to Zeus. He didn't fall into awkward situations that could be taken as sexual. It felt more human.

There of course still had to be a deus ex machina at the end, but it was at least foreshadowed upon in earlier episodes. The series could continue to grow from here, but I have a feeling that this is probably where the animated series ends. Hopefully that's not the case.

If you continually watched this while thinking it was boring, then I don't know what you were expecting.
MyCoinsYourPurseApr 1, 2016 6:07 PM
Mar 28, 2016 4:04 PM

Sep 2013
And that is the end of this regular-rpganime-at-.25x-speed......

Apart from world design & scenery, the plot was slow which maybe intended to help sink-in the emotions and feel of the characters. Btw only Yume and Mari were interesting while rest were random good and forgettable characters.
Mar 28, 2016 4:05 PM

May 2014
Damn, these last few episodes had me at the tip of my bed, it even stopped me from getting my well deserved sleep before the test tomorrow.
That must mean something :p
Well I'm glad they ended it like this, I do want a second season, I'd gladly have one.
Death Spots was a terrific character, they did him great justice. I do want to know more though, where they at, where Renji go, where they gun go? Etc. I hope A-1 Pictures (if I've got the right company) will do a second season. This anime will be part of my top three of the season, together with ERASED and Showa Genroku Rakugo, which needs to be done justice!
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.