Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2015 11:24 PM
Oct 2010
Valaskjalf said:
is this going to be Mahouka v2 ?

Probably not, he had to use 100% of his potential to win, while our lord and saviour would only need to use 5% of his power to beat anyone.
Oct 3, 2015 11:29 PM

Feb 2014
Another one of these anime. Seems meh so far. Animation is nice tho
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Oct 3, 2015 11:29 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode! Those OST are awesome
This series looks promising.
Oct 3, 2015 11:34 PM

Dec 2014
Re-watched with subs,
Ahm, why does my Stella looks like a red-haired Tomori Nao?

I wonder what part this anime series will end....?? i hope it's beyond where the current manga is translated :)
Oct 3, 2015 11:42 PM

Mar 2012
testamentKAISER said:
Re-watched with subs,
Ahm, why does my Stella looks like a red-haired Tomori Nao?

I wonder what part this anime series will end....?? i hope it's beyond where the current manga is translated :)
Manga is currently near the end of volume 2. It will cover up to volume 3.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 3, 2015 11:50 PM

Jan 2011
Honestly did not mind this. Which shocked the hell out of me as I had it pegged to be pretty generically awful from the start. Not to say there isn't a whole bag of cliche here but it didn't detract from the experience. Shall see how it goes. Still not expecting much from this genre.

On a non episode related note, I didn't think I'd see the day where cancer subs would make a return. 2015 and yellow subs with timing so bad...I don't think I've seen timing that bad.
Oct 4, 2015 12:03 AM
Sep 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Anime itself aside, I watched the HS torrent for this. HOLY FUCKING SHIT...that fucking ugly distracting yellow font color, and the sub timing being slightly delayed the entire time were irking the shit out of me. FUCK!

The translation was also pretty bad at certain points.

The most egregious being Blade Steal being translated as Played Steal. How do you mess that up?
Oct 4, 2015 12:11 AM
Jan 2014
Alright, this is my pick for the generic one to watch this season. Looks way better than asterisk. Dunno why but I need to watch at least 1 of this kinda show to get by each season.

And it's Silver Link too. They usually have decent animation.
Oct 4, 2015 12:13 AM

Aug 2015
Jonesy974 said:

Anime itself aside, I watched the HS torrent for this. HOLY FUCKING SHIT...that fucking ugly distracting yellow font color, and the sub timing being slightly delayed the entire time were irking the shit out of me. FUCK!

LMAO THIS THOUGH :D Still hoping for fansubs on this series.
Oct 4, 2015 12:49 AM
Jun 2015
sosiick said:
Alright, this is my pick for the generic one to watch this season. Looks way better than asterisk. Dunno why but I need to watch at least 1 of this kinda show to get by each season.

And it's Silver Link too. They usually have decent animation.

Asterisk visuals were better though...but I found this one more interesting
Oct 4, 2015 1:09 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I swear about 4 hours earlier this show was ranked around #500 when I checked it, and now it's ranked #1000 ?

what's with the sudden drastic change lol?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 4, 2015 1:22 AM

Sep 2015
This and gakusen toshi would made my Sunday :))
Oct 4, 2015 1:22 AM

Sep 2014
Hmm. In the end of episode Stella hitted her back of head in the ceiling and then Ikki putted bandage in her forehead. That pretty usefull.
Oct 4, 2015 1:45 AM

Apr 2009
this anime is Rejected in my watch list and no plans to watch it :P

F**K Stella!
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 4, 2015 1:48 AM

Jun 2015
Havent read any of the manga for both Gakusen and this, but i feel as though this is better. Felt less forced. Originally into this to check out Ishigami's voice acting, which was quite good.
Will stick around and see what goes on next. Battle scene was decent. Song was fine. Nothing to Wow about but good enough to keep an eye on.

Also, nice try at getting out of that mess at the start, too bad it didnt really work :D

Oct 4, 2015 1:55 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty generic so far, but it has a bit of charm that's keeping me interested. Definitely liking this more than Asterisk, especially since it's more of a romance instead of a harem.

Oct 4, 2015 2:16 AM

Dec 2014
Wow I thought this was supposed to be the not ecchi one. LOL.

Suprisingly I liked Asteriks more.
Oct 4, 2015 2:22 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Mod Note: A number of untagged spoilers have been removed from the first couple of pages. And a reminder that quoting a spoiler is also spoiling!

I liked this episode, and the fact that Stella actually was kind of curious about Ikki's body and made a move on him is confirmation that this might not be your typical can't-hold-hands-till-final-episode sex-nerfed show. If you don't want to watch an ecchi romance taking place at a magical school for training knights, then why are you here?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 4, 2015 2:26 AM

Jul 2014
Not too bad really, but I bet I'd have like it more if I didn't watch Asterisk directly before. Also, is Ikki pretty much this series' Tatsuya. He's really powerful yet he's a shit rank in the school cos he doesn't fit the syste, just like Tatsuya in Mahouka. In any case, at this point it's actually refreshing that this doesn't seem like it's going to devolve into a harem.

Not too sure about the OP just yet, but I kinda like it I suppose. The singer's voice is different, at the very least.
Oct 4, 2015 2:29 AM
Dec 2011
I hope Stella loses the tsundere.
Cute, not pedo.
Oct 4, 2015 2:29 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
uhh that was okay-ish I guess? idk
Oct 4, 2015 2:59 AM

Aug 2013
Oh, 2 things I forgot to mention in my original post.

1. Watched both this and Asterisk. IMO, from a production value standpoint, Asterisk is the winner. Rakudai isn't bad by any means, they actually did a good job with the first episode, it's just that you can see Asterisk has a slightly bigger budget. Come BD time, it wont really make a difference.

2. Was actually surprised that Stella had such big tits. Usually in these types of shows where the MC pisses off the first girl and then the other girls show up...the first girl is usually pettanko to like B-cup and is insecure about her small size. Then one of the other girls shows up later with massive tits and always taunts the main girl. Literally if you think back on like every Magic-School-Sword-Battle-Harem show that aired over the past year or 2, legit every one follows the flat chested main girl formula.

So kudos to Rakudai for breaking the mold. Hell, even Asterisk followed the mold.
Oct 4, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2009
Food for thought for those who consider Stella a "generic tsundere":

In episode 1, she...

o ...acknowledged Ikki's efforts during the fight and reverted her opinion of him

o ...didn't throw a tantrum on losing or denied the outcome, but rationally asked the school chairwoman to elaborate on Ikki.

o ...acknowledged her loss sincerely towards Ikki.

o ...even though she was royally embarrassed about it, she eventually didn't chicken out of the bet.

What I want to point out is that while she does have a temper and is easily embarrassed, she was able to step back, acknowledge her misconceptions, and change to set them right. In my book, this sets her very much apart from the "generic tsundere" already, and you should keep an open mind an reevaluate her just like she did.

She's worth it. I've seen dozens of shows of this genre, but to me, Stella is the most _endearing_ character I would list. Not because she's perfect - far from it - but because of how she is struggling with her flaws and feelings, and usually resolves them with a fundamental honesty that is very much _unlike_ the generic tsundere.
Oct 4, 2015 3:05 AM

Aug 2013
Ophis said:
amc9988 said:

Blame hulu for that. I just hope I proper fansub group will take this anime. But since lately fansubbing scene is so scarce, and have a VERY late release... I somehow doubt that and we need to deal with Hulu subs

Chihiro is supposedly gonna do this.

That would be excellent. I honestly wouldn't even care if someone just changed the font color and adjusted the timing by like .4 seconds on the script. The TL itself wasn't bad. But I don't know if I can handle 11 more episodes of delayed mellow yellow.
Oct 4, 2015 3:12 AM

Aug 2008
So I checked out the first few chapters of the manga and apparently the other two main characters are completely insufferable. Unless anime does it better it will turn out to be not a pleasant surprise but a major disappointment. This fall really suck...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 4, 2015 3:14 AM

Jul 2013
Jonesy974 said:
1. Watched both this and Asterisk. IMO, from a production value standpoint, Asterisk is the winner. Rakudai isn't bad by any means, they actually did a good job with the first episode, it's just that you can see Asterisk has a slightly bigger budget. Come BD time, it wont really make a difference.

Nah. It's not like they'll improve everything on BDs. They'll just fix some derp here and there and uncensor any censored scenes (if there are any). Overall, Asterisk will look better visually but Rakudai will probably be better in animation and style since this is directed by Oonuma Shin.

Oct 4, 2015 3:26 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
wow .. this is similar as fck to Asterisk. Tho this one is lower budget from the looks. Well.. mediocre both so watchable
Oct 4, 2015 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
I always give these magic-school LN adaptations a chance, but this is probably the first time I actually want to watch more of it. Both main characters are likable and have more than just basic character traits, the art/animation is pretty good, and I heard it's not going to be a harem? Cool.

And yes, definitely much better than Asterisk. I almost stopped midway through that (already did that with Lance & Masques).

That "Played Steal" though...
Oct 4, 2015 3:42 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
guriguri said:
I always give these magic-school LN adaptations a chance, but this is probably the first time I actually want to watch more of it. Both main characters are likable and have more than just basic character traits, the art/animation is pretty good, and I heard it's not going to be a harem? Cool.

And yes, definitely much better than Asterisk. I almost stopped midway through that (already did that with Lance & Masques).

That "Played Steal" though...

Will watch probably both.. even though they are the generic genre combination (magic, school, harem, ecchi) but these are actually watchable. Tho I preferred Asterisk more..they really similar to the core but Asterisk won by my book a bit cuz of better visuals. Will end up giving em same score i think so tho..
Oct 4, 2015 3:46 AM

Jan 2012
hmm. I guess the "worst one" refers to the standing of this anime in the current season. And the competition with it's better animated copy&paste brother "Asterisk" and "Lance & Masques" is pretty fierce.

I could barly sit through the episode.
Dropped with 2/10.

Thank god we get Utawarerumono S2 this season...
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Oct 4, 2015 3:56 AM
Sep 2013
A pretty good episode IMO
The animation looks nice and clean...and colourful as well! So that's good.
I'm also liking the voice actors as well. At first, Stella sounded a bit too demanding, but then she somehow sounded really cute towards the end. Maybe I just got use to it.

Also, that scene were Stella gets on top of Ikki was hot ;D
Oct 4, 2015 4:23 AM

Jan 2014
Ahh so it'll be a "can't get ranked, because can't do magic but physically OP" I somewhat predicted that he would win the match. There does not seem to be anything new here but it does look interesting, so i'll be watching.
Oct 4, 2015 4:26 AM

Aug 2013
Jonesy974 said:
Oh, 2 things I forgot to mention in my original post.

2. Was actually surprised that Stella had such big tits. Usually in these types of shows where the MC pisses off the first girl and then the other girls show up...the first girl is usually pettanko to like B-cup and is insecure about her small size. Then one of the other girls shows up later with massive tits and always taunts the main girl. Literally if you think back on like every Magic-School-Sword-Battle-Harem show that aired over the past year or 2, legit every one follows the flat chested main girl formula.

So kudos to Rakudai for breaking the mold. Hell, even Asterisk followed the mold.

Actually this one its not a harem though...
Oct 4, 2015 4:44 AM

Aug 2014
What is it with kinght schools in this anime season? Anyways this looks the best of the bunch till now. Propably because the characters seem more colourfoul.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 4, 2015 4:46 AM
May 2015
Watched for 3:00 minutes then dropped it. Ugh.
Oct 4, 2015 5:20 AM

Aug 2014
Heh, watching this right after watching Asterisk really does give you deja vu.
I facepalmed yet again in that accidental-walk-into-the-room-see-girl-half-naked scene...
Even the girl pretty much having the same power. At least the MC is pretty interesting. That action in the ED sequence though.
This one probably much better and more interesting than Asterisk already. We'll see...
Oct 4, 2015 5:35 AM

Nov 2011
Mediocre 2.0

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 4, 2015 5:47 AM

Oct 2013
😃😃😃😃I wasn't expecting a pervert princess....

Interesting to watch for now.

Stella typical tsun tsun... I hope to see more of what's in ikki's power 😎
Oct 4, 2015 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
can this be any more generic? well at least it's not that bad and the ED is kinda good
Oct 4, 2015 6:14 AM

Apr 2014
walldotfm said:

I cant wait to try this some day:) Series looks promising after this episode. I liked the ed credits too, sometimes they are hit and miss.
---------My Profile------------
Oct 4, 2015 6:24 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah no. This is exactly like that Asterisk anime. I tried to like this kind of anime but I just can't. This is probably why I couldn't finish Mahouka.

Oct 4, 2015 7:23 AM

Dec 2010
...this is basically the same as "Gakusen Toshi Asterisk"
Oct 4, 2015 7:27 AM
Sep 2013
Animepsp said:
...this is basically the same as "Gakusen Toshi Asterisk"
Its not, just wait a few episodes, and you will see why.
Oct 4, 2015 7:38 AM
Feb 2015
I've noticed that nowadays people aren't making anime that enjoyable like in the past. There are three group of people watching anime:

The first group, people who follow the source material, know what is going on and support the anime,
The second group, people who don't follow the source material but is still willing to give the anime a chance,
The third group, people who don't follow the source material, know nothing yet they act smart and pretend that they know how everything will progress. To make things worst, they just have to ruin the enjoyment for those that actually like it by making stupid comparison.

Seriously no one is forcing you to watch, so if you're not going to watch then stop bitching around, nowadays forums are no longer a place for actual anime discussion but rather a place for inconsiderate people to condemn anime and ruin other people's enjoyment.
ixarisingOct 4, 2015 7:41 AM
Oct 4, 2015 7:39 AM
Oct 2015
Hurt the back of your head from hitting the ceiling?

Applying band aid to the forehead will make it better!
Oct 4, 2015 7:44 AM
Jul 2009
What kind of girl undress herself in front of a clear window?
Oct 4, 2015 7:48 AM

Mar 2012
Bigod1981 said:
Hurt the back of your head from hitting the ceiling?

Applying band aid to the forehead will make it better!
Stella should have been fall after hitting the ceiling and hitting bed railing in the process. Not sure why it's getting cutted though.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 4, 2015 7:51 AM

Mar 2013
The comedy is nice and dialogues are good. Plus the heroine is a pervert so overall a fun anime to watch this season I guess :D

A lot better than that Asterisk one.
Oct 4, 2015 7:55 AM
Jul 2012
Lame comedy, generic story and characters. How does this stuff even sell
Oct 4, 2015 8:04 AM
Aug 2012
Again mixed feeling like Asterisk.......seriously i know there are trying to show off Stella waifuness but how about not cutting out scenes that add to the character?

Well at least they kept some of the comedy part unlike Asterisk (which cut out some fun parts) but seriously why the hell didn't they show the tomato sauce scene.........

Well let's see how it goes...........
Dragon_Slayer_XOct 4, 2015 8:13 AM

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

282 by LordRelictor »»
Yesterday, 7:14 AM

» Anime Recommendation

lightning_angad7 - May 11

17 by vinayak6226 »»
May 21, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.