Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 16, 2015 2:31 PM

Dec 2014
In my opinion it would've been better if they put Sakurako's life on the line instead of Shoutarou's, considering the former is basically the glue that keeps the show together. That and well, Shoutarou's pretty damn boring as a character.
Dec 16, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Best episode yet or what? That ending was intense as fuck. Can't wait for the finale!
Dec 16, 2015 3:16 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty intense episode. The last few minutes though....wow.
Dec 16, 2015 3:37 PM

Jul 2014
This story practically save the show from just being average. Brilliantly written.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Dec 16, 2015 3:57 PM

Feb 2013
Miserable....

The whole "I had to kill her or get killed myself" thing was just nonsense. Futaba and Hitoe were both outside. Hitoe could've easily ran away and guaranteed her hands would be left clean at least. Hell, Futaba might not have even killed herself at all if she was too afraid to do it herself (why else would she try to make her friend a murderer?). Don't give me any of that "she was scared and couldn't make proper decisions!" nonsense. Her not attempting to escape ignores the "flight" function of the reptilian brain. All of these twists and melodrama were dropped on us with the weight of an anvil, but the show forgot once again to do its emotional investment homework so fuck it.

Also even though she was right on the nose, Sakurako came off as a major bitch here (moreso than before). That teacher just found the remains of his beloved student so could you please not use it to prod at his other (emotionally traumatized) students? There's a difference between being ignorant to emotions and sentiment of others and being outright sadistic. And then there was that cliche farewell scene to top it off

Also do I need to say anything about the fucking Sphenoider?
Dec 16, 2015 4:00 PM

May 2015
This episode was pretty strong. Mixed with a lot of things. One of the best episodes. Hoping that the final episode will be just as good.

Dec 16, 2015 5:39 PM

Jun 2013
bitch should have died instead of that poor dog
Hector was like what the fuck are they on about just look at him lol
Dec 16, 2015 5:46 PM

Nov 2008
I got reminded of the old bad-horror-film cliche of "Let's split up and find out what is going on" when Sakurako told Shoutaro to stay away from her. That means that the Mad Killer will go after one of them and the other one will have to be the Cavalry Riding to the Rescue at the last moment.

And when it was mentioned that the Mad Killer has no body hair I immediately got a mental image of Saitama from One Punch Man...

Oh well, only one episode left.
Dec 16, 2015 6:49 PM

Sep 2013
Just one episode left, I hope the last episode is show the "Hanabusa guys"
Dec 16, 2015 6:54 PM

Sep 2014
I was actually pretty sad at that episode ending.. didn't see that coming..
Dec 16, 2015 7:02 PM

Feb 2015
what an episode. Probably my favorite show this season. I hope for a 2nd season.
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Dec 16, 2015 7:05 PM

Mar 2015
So I skipped watching episode 10 since it was a part 1 episode..

Now that I watch both of them, so the butterfly guy is the main villain... okay...

Then I see dramas and some people crying. Then some dramas. Then another dramas and then a dramatic stab to Shoutarou that is resolved 1 minute later. I thought this was a mystery anime? It kind of felt like drama, though I don't really hate it, just kind of misleading.

Also are all the young ones in love with older people? Seriously.

The boy and Sakurako-san
That cute girl and the crying sensei
That crazy screwdriver girl with the angel
And so on.

Dec 16, 2015 8:17 PM

Apr 2014
Well, we saw two crazy bitches.
Thing gets even more interesting.
Shoutarou...got stab, but Sakurako called her brother name on Shoutarou...
Dec 16, 2015 8:27 PM

Dec 2014
Well that was a really interesting episode.

For some reason I found sensei crying to be over dramatic and wierd in a way.

Didn't see that stab coming, Everyone in this case seems to be mentally unstable xD

Wonder if Sakurako will go after Hanabusa or is the next episode just gonna be Shoutarou trying to stay with her.
Dec 16, 2015 8:35 PM

Oct 2014
Depending on the last episode this might contend with Death Parade for show of the year, what a brilliantly chilling episode. Excellently well done series, even if some things are a bit predictable the ride it takes you on to get there certainly is not, the brilliant twists bringing you along and the stellar execution of even what you find inevitable are so wonderfully well executed its almost like you didn't expected at all. Really want a season 2 and to start reading this series after.
Dec 16, 2015 8:56 PM

Oct 2011
OMG this episode 0___0
Dec 16, 2015 9:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well, at least it was definitly better than the majority of this serie.
Still not great but it was entertaining.
Let's see how that ending go tho.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 16, 2015 10:30 PM
Mar 2015
So why is everyone calling him Shoutarou? I thought his name was Soutarou and Sakurako just calls him Shoutarou either because she doesn't want to say his name or its the name of the mysterious little boy that was apparently close to her.

Also can anyone answer the question as to why she won't call him by his name? He seemed to understand when he said "so that's why you won't call me by my name" and Saurako said something along the lines of "that's right", right at the end there. But idk if the viewer was supposed to understand at that point or if that was supposed to be part of the cliffhanger for the next episode. Any reply/ discussion would be great.
Dec 16, 2015 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
That was actually a pretty decent episode, but with one episode left I kind of doubt they will catch Hanabusa.
Dec 16, 2015 11:14 PM

May 2010
-Claymore- said:
So why is everyone calling him Shoutarou? I thought his name was Soutarou and Sakurako just calls him Shoutarou either because she doesn't want to say his name or its the name of the mysterious little boy that was apparently close to her.
His name is Shoutarou. Sakurako-san's brother's name is "Soutarou".
Dec 17, 2015 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
Come on, show. We all know they'll be reunited in the last episode. Fake drama.
Dec 17, 2015 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
what an episode!
i thought it'd be a cliffhanger after she stabbed, that'd be a good cliffhanger tbh but really awesome episode!
this episode totally screams "there is no true friendship" and i totally agree with it.
Dec 17, 2015 3:12 AM

May 2010
Very interesting episode. Futaba wanted to suicide personally so I don't know how to feel about Hitoe for the assist. I don't hate her, I just feel disgusted. Stuff like this makes me wonder who is the worst. Imo its Futaba. Good thing she is dead. After that, Hitoe and Minami are both equally dislikable. They are all humane though, this is what the show is great at.

And I still don't give a damn about Shoutarou. Sensei is a little too emotional about his students, he has some minor mental issues. Poor guy.

-Claymore- said:

Because it's his name? And that mysterious little boy was Sakurako's brother, and his name is Soutarou.
TragicRomanceDec 17, 2015 3:16 AM
Dec 17, 2015 4:39 AM
Aug 2013
I've got a feeling Sakurako was once a victim of the Butterfly Guy/Hanabusa/Sphenoider. She is clearly getting more and more unhinged as she draws closer to him and seems to have a personal vendetta with him. In this episode she says something like he manipulates people into killing his targets so he can collect the bones without doing the dirty work. The way I see it, she wouldn't know that without having dealt with him before because all the witnesses would be dead or would have sworn loyalty to him like Minami.

If this is the case, then I think Sakurako may have been manipulated by him in the past and loses her brother to him or he has stolen her brother's Sphenoid bone after Sakurako accidentally kills her brother.

Also if you look at the Ending on Youtube, at about 1:08 into the ending, 2 Kanji characters (Assuming it's Kanji) suddenly appear directly on her back where Minami had her butterfly carved. I personally think she has a butterfly on her back after being manipulated by him.
Dec 17, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
Hmmmm, i thought Shoutarou died... That was disappointing.... >:D

They will reconcile at the finale... Just a wild guess... :)
Dec 17, 2015 5:21 AM

Feb 2014
Shit got real in this episode, easily the best of this show.

So this Hanabusa guy is the main culprit, not only in this case, but in the previous cases as well. Like others here, I do have a slight feeling that Sakurako herself might've been manipulated by him in the past.

It was painful to watch Minami's and Hitoe's breakdown at times. Starting with the three girls living in their peaceful haven as a means to escape the pain of their everyday lives, mainly because they didn't really fit in with their family anymore. So it made it depressing that Futuba wanted to commit suicide and Hitoe assisted in doing so.

Disagreeing with Gedata here, a completely normal person in this situation would reject Futuba's idea and get her immediate help before it's too late. For Hitoe, she's far from a normal person, with her fragile state of mind possibly affecting her choice in this scenario and assisted in Futuba's suicide rather than doing the obvious choice. Some things are MUCH easier said than done, especially if the person in question isn't his or her normal self.

Shoutarou was brave though, getting in the way of Sakurako so she wouldn't get stabbed. However, her choice to cut ties with him is only going to play into Hanabusa's hands. Hopefully, she'll realise this before it's too late.
Dec 17, 2015 5:26 AM
Dec 2012
Arcturus9001 said:
Depending on the last episode this might contend with Death Parade for show of the year, what a brilliantly chilling episode. Excellently well done series, even if some things are a bit predictable the ride it takes you on to get there certainly is not, the brilliant twists bringing you along and the stellar execution of even what you find inevitable are so wonderfully well executed its almost like you didn't expected at all. Really want a season 2 and to start reading this series after.
Are you serious? I'm afraid of what type of shows they're airing thesebdays if shitshows like Sakurako are consided best of the year material.
The twists are garbage. They're just making it up along the way.

last episode: Sakurako is in trouble and her fiance saves her (hopefully not next season)?
Dec 17, 2015 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
Wow this was such a incredible episode filled with suspense, tragedy and just so much that kept me literally on the edge of my seat the whole time. I really feel sorry for all of them, like I can see how they all would turn out crazy like this after what has happened to them like just wow. The eyes of everyone really hit me in this episode because they all just looked crazy and scary and really just had me thinking at any moment they are all gonna kill each other. But damn finally everything is connecting with Hanabusa and the ending of this episode man, I wonder what will happen with Sakurako and Shoutarou...AHHH I WANT THE NEXT EPISODE NOW!!! lol :P

Mod edit:
Youtube link removed for advertising.
AversaDec 17, 2015 1:08 PM
Dec 17, 2015 6:03 AM

Dec 2014
Hector is true a dog that white shine always gets me. Still sad how she tries to abandoned sou taro. Crazy episode altogether
Dec 17, 2015 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
Some rather fucked up friendship indeed. Wasn't expecting this. At least they connected the mystery painter to the story, I wonder, whether he will make his move or not.
Dec 17, 2015 7:23 AM
May 2015
With one more 2 go , I wonder how will it play out?
Dec 17, 2015 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
meh, somehow I kinda hoped Sakurako got stabbed instead after that intimidating and somewhat careless act of her... (seriously dude, turning your back from clearly mentally unstable girl?)

one more episode 2 go ~>
Dec 17, 2015 8:22 AM

Oct 2015
Denne episoden gjorde meg tenke Sakurako-san som Shoutarou
Dec 17, 2015 8:40 AM

Sep 2015
Wow, this episode ended so quickly...Sakurako-san made some pretty scary faces this time heh
Dec 17, 2015 8:55 AM
Mar 2015
TragicRomance said:
Very interesting episode. Futaba wanted to suicide personally so I don't know how to feel about Hitoe for the assist. I don't hate her, I just feel disgusted. Stuff like this makes me wonder who is the worst. Imo its Futaba. Good thing she is dead. After that, Hitoe and Minami are both equally dislikable. They are all humane though, this is what the show is great at.

And I still don't give a damn about Shoutarou. Sensei is a little too emotional about his students, he has some minor mental issues. Poor guy.

-Claymore- said:

Because it's his name? And that mysterious little boy was Sakurako's brother, and his name is Soutarou.

Ok so I had it backwards. But when did we learn that he was her brother?
Dec 17, 2015 9:28 AM

Sep 2013
All those movements and Sakurako's wide open stares XD lmfao

Minami and the angel bit was the best part :)
Only filthy humans have too much hair :)
Dec 17, 2015 9:44 AM

Nov 2014
Crazy Episode, those girls need help
Hi there
Dec 17, 2015 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
And I thought the redhead was the least crazy... Omg.
Why the boy :'( Sakurako was the defiant one! Poor thing.
Dec 17, 2015 1:33 PM

Nov 2014
The best episode so far in this series.

I'm glad this time they didn't relied too much in tons of boring exposition as in the previous episodes, and finally we know who that mysterious man is.
error5000Dec 17, 2015 3:50 PM
Dec 17, 2015 2:39 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Best episode of this series yet. Man, both of those girls are freaks. The ending though. Shoutarou not dead, strangely I'm disappointed.

5/5
Dec 17, 2015 4:49 PM

Oct 2012
Now she's done it! Sakurako is real freak digging bones of the girl and showing them to her friends. She's literally taking pleasure in suffering of others. I hate this side of hers and the way this anime is glorifying that fact is just disgusting, nothing else.
And even other characters' reactions feels so unnatural sometimes.

Hm, and the end... that's exactly what you get when you deliberately provoke mentally unstable people.
This time Sakurako boasting and self-esteem made her responsible for everything. Too bad Shoutarou got stabbed instead of her.

btw - during the ending sequence.. that Sakurako's usage of famous Nietzsche's phrase totally missed its point.
Dec 17, 2015 5:43 PM

Aug 2007
Mich666 said:
btw - during the ending sequence.. that Sakurako's usage of famous Nietzsche's phrase totally missed its point.

Very true but the quote is usually misunderstood as it is, to the point it has now become the norm.

The only one I felt sorry for in this episode was the teacher. His breakdown was really emotional, kudos to Ishida-sensei.

This Hanabusa fellow seems to be poor cousin of Johan Libert, still has a way to go if he ever wishes to match him.
Dec 17, 2015 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
Oh boy ... very interesting episode! So Futaba actually wanted to die, and "forced" (in a way) Hitoe to assist her ... so it's debatable whether that's really suicide or if Hitoe just killed her I guess. Minami's definitely obsessed with Hanabusa, I guess that's how he operates - but in the flashback he has long black hair doesn't he? So what's this about him not having any hair anywhere? It seems like Sakurako's uncle was tracking him as well and he steals bones ... hmm, very interesting. Unfortunately the last bit was pretty dumb - the whole "stay away from me so you don't get hurt" thing is so overused. I guess she means well but that never works, and it just hurts her relationship with Shoutarou - I guess she didn't react well to him being stabbed, and I guess with her brother dying it's understandable
I wonder how they're going to wrap this up though? Are they gonna go after Hanabusa? I mean obviously Shoutarou's fine and it seems like the case was wrapped up too. There's only one episode left and at first I thought this arc would go until the last episode but I guess not ... well in any case, I hope they end strong :O
Dec 17, 2015 8:46 PM

Jul 2011
-Claymore- said:
Also can anyone answer the question as to why she won't call him by his name? He seemed to understand when he said "so that's why you won't call me by my name" and Saurako said something along the lines of "that's right", right at the end there. But idk if the viewer was supposed to understand at that point or if that was supposed to be part of the cliffhanger for the next episode. Any reply/ discussion would be great.

She just explained that they had to cut ties. Shoutarou was saying "So that's why you won't call me by name" means that he thinks she was keeping him at a distance (emotionally) because she expected to cut ties with him eventually. However, even though she said "that's right", it was just so that Shoutarou would think so and not be hopeful. Her reaction afterwards shows that she actually did have attachment to him and she forced the words.

Everyone was high on adrenaline this episode...

Sakurako wasn't very smart this episode, provoking the girl... wasn't really surprised when someone got stabbed.
Dec 17, 2015 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
This probably won't get a second season. It would be dope as shit to find out Shoutarou is hanabusa or his son and hes been hanging around just to torment her. This last episode needs to be a head twister if there's no second season.
Dec 17, 2015 10:18 PM
Mar 2015
Mirorin said:
-Claymore- said:

She just explained that they had to cut ties. Shoutarou was saying "So that's why you won't call me by name" means that he thinks she was keeping him at a distance (emotionally) because she expected to cut ties with him eventually. However, even though she said "that's right", it was just so that Shoutarou would think so and not be hopeful. Her reaction afterwards shows that she actually did have attachment to him and she forced the words.

Everyone was high on adrenaline this episode...

Sakurako wasn't very smart this episode, provoking the girl... wasn't really surprised when someone got stabbed.

It still seems odd that from the moment she met him, she expected to cut ties with him eventually for some reason and so she decided not to call him by his name. That just doesn't quite add up for me especially since he's the only getting that special treatment. But now that i'm thinking about it, I think the reason might just be that his name is too close to Soutarou and maybe it causes unpleasant memories to resurface. Also was there ever any confirmation that the little boy (Soutarou) was her little brother?

Edit: nvm she said it was her brother in ep 3
-Claymore-Dec 17, 2015 10:54 PM
Dec 17, 2015 11:40 PM

Jun 2013
Daaaaammnn that went off the deep end real fast, in a good way. The really sad and twisted story of the girls, Sakurako laughing at them (she's a dick, lol), Shoutarou getting stabbed, Minami going mental and getting committed.

Didn't think I'd be saying this because of a few of the past episodes, but I'm excited for the finale.
-Trippwire-Dec 17, 2015 11:46 PM
Dec 18, 2015 12:48 AM

Apr 2014
Your boy seems to make it thru everything and you just leave, did you not truly learn from this case. I'm mentally ready for the season finale and hope for the next season.
Dec 18, 2015 1:39 AM

Jul 2013
Mormegil said:
Come on, show. We all know they'll be reunited in the last episode. Fake drama.

We know every main character in almost every vanilla love stories ever would end up with the main girl, all those love triangles are fake drama.

We know Conan would eventually destroy the black organization, all those tensions with their underlings are fake drama.

We knew Harry Potter would eventually defeat Voldemort. All those trials and deaths along the way are fake drama.

We also knew the One Ring would be destroyed and Sauron defeated so really, what's the point of watching 10 hours worth of conflict over the ring?

Do you see how stupid your logic is now?
Dec 18, 2015 2:31 AM

Jun 2015
The ending drama was unnecessary otherwise the episode was good. At least I wasn't bored as compared to the previous ones. Sensei's reactions were a bit surreal.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2015

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.