Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2015 12:25 PM
May 2007
Axelucard_ said:
but seriously what's up with Sabame's eyes!!

Dead fish eyes and hence the name. I like his voice though.
Nov 28, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2015
Whoa Hazama's operations just keep getting better! :o

I wonder what his next one will be..

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Nov 28, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2008
So, these characters are based off of Osamu Tezuka's Dororo manga? Although some may see it as recycling ideas, I think this is more of an homage to Tezuka's legacy. Makes me feel like all his characters share the same universe. Before you know it, Hazama might use Hyakki's papers to save a kid who becomes Astro Boy.

Guessing from the spoiler OP and this episode, Hyakki will go down a darker path to become a katana-wielding villain and murder some people, starting with his "friends" whom I suspect threw him under the bus by leaking the photos. In fact, I think his car's breaks were sabotaged by those same 3 doctors (can't be bothered to remember their names so I'm calling them Fish-Eyes, Spider-Head, Ghost-Face), who probably thought he was gaining too much and tried to kill him. Yeah, now I don't feel so bad anymore about what's probably coming to those guys.
Nov 28, 2015 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
I think the evil doctors were the ones that messed with his car too.
Nov 29, 2015 3:09 AM

Feb 2015
Great episode. I think this final arc will be interesting.
And i can predict what happened to his limbs. he said accident, but the truth, somenone cut his car break. I kinda disappointed that they didn't show the surgery scene, i want to see it though. The robotic arms and legs look cool to me, really useful obviously.

in the beginning scene, before the OP, i have a thought "you ain't gonna tell me this is a YAOI anime" i almost drop this anime just because of that.
Nov 29, 2015 6:10 AM

Sep 2014
Well this was an alright I suppose.
Nov 29, 2015 8:53 AM

May 2013
I thought hyakki would be something like a samurai villain,but i dunno now.Maybe he's gonna become one soon.And yeah,I really like his design.
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Nov 29, 2015 3:58 PM

Feb 2008
4kicks said:
So, these characters are based off of Osamu Tezuka's Dororo manga?

Even the original Black Jack manga had cameos from various Tezuka characters, which was cool. Rather than recycling designs, in his case it was like the actual characters had cameos. And yeah, every character related to Hyakkimaru was pretty much from the Dororo manga, like those three doctors. Since there are only three episodes left, and the next one will finish this story, guess Sapphire from Princess Knight (last character in the ending before Hazama) will be in the final arc of the show.

Tevens said:
And i can predict what happened to his limbs. he said accident, but the truth, somenone cut his car break.

There's nothing to predict, it's pretty much confirmed that those three were behind that.

It was a good episode. It's such a shame that the show is almost over. Hope they announce a second season some day, I'd love more of this. Or maybe even make another Black Jack TV show.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 29, 2015 4:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Since there are only three episodes left, and the next one will finish this story, guess Sapphire from Princess Knight (last character in the ending before Hazama) will be in the final arc of the show.

ANN has the VAs for this arc listed as ep.9-11, and assuming they're correct, the arc should go until episode 11. That would leave Sapphire's arc to be only one episode...which would be really rushing it given that it's 5 chapters. But it would work well as the ending of the anime series. There's 13 chapters for the current Hyakki arc, so even 3 episodes is barely enough, but that leads me to believe that ANN is right about this arc going for two more episodes. But yeah, I would like more of YBJ as well. I'll watch Black Jack one day...
Nov 29, 2015 8:16 PM

Aug 2009
So Hyakki is really going to the antagonist side?
Found strange how he and Hazama appear as rivals on the opening but, by the beginning of this episode, they appear as very well friends
Nov 29, 2015 8:50 PM

Feb 2008
tingy said:
ZetaZaku said:
Since there are only three episodes left, and the next one will finish this story, guess Sapphire from Princess Knight (last character in the ending before Hazama) will be in the final arc of the show.

ANN has the VAs for this arc listed as ep.9-11, and assuming they're correct, the arc should go until episode 11. That would leave Sapphire's arc to be only one episode...which would be really rushing it given that it's 5 chapters. But it would work well as the ending of the anime series. There's 13 chapters for the current Hyakki arc, so even 3 episodes is barely enough, but that leads me to believe that ANN is right about this arc going for two more episodes. But yeah, I would like more of YBJ as well. I'll watch Black Jack one day...

I'd love more of Hyakki, but I'd also love more of Sapphire. Guess I can't have both. Still, one episode with Sapphire is better than nothing.

If you want more of Black Jack, watch the OVA from the 90s. It's considered as the best in the franchise, since it's well written and well, directed by Osamu Dezaki. It's much more darker and mature than the Black Jack TV shows, but I can't speak about them as I haven't seen them. And the manga is pretty good as well, if you don't mind old Tezuka.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 30, 2015 2:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ZetaZaku said:

I'd love more of Hyakki, but I'd also love more of Sapphire. Guess I can't have both. Still, one episode with Sapphire is better than nothing.

If you want more of Black Jack, watch the OVA from the 90s. It's considered as the best in the franchise, since it's well written and well, directed by Osamu Dezaki. It's much more darker and mature than the Black Jack TV shows, but I can't speak about them as I haven't seen them. And the manga is pretty good as well, if you don't mind old Tezuka.

Can't have it all is right :( If only this was a 13 episode series, then it would've been perfect.

The OVA, it's this one http://myanimelist.net/anime/1520/Black_Jack?q=black%20jack right? I'll try it out maybe soon then, thanks! And yeah, I actually read a volume of Black Jack when YBJ just began, I think it's good so far, but haven't been reading more. I'll finish it though, one day. I don't mind old Tezuka.
Nov 30, 2015 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
Felt weird how this just skipped the operation. They've been showing less and less lately >_> Overall a pretty good episode and it's a shame Hyakki got screwed over like that : /
Dec 1, 2015 12:49 AM

Jun 2013
I liked how Hyakki was designed, he looked cool with his prosthetics. Now he's going to become a psychopath, thanks to those two numbfucks.

Also, Mio was cute as fuck, Hyakki's one lucky bastard.
BibimbapskiDec 1, 2015 12:53 AM
臭い-
Dec 1, 2015 12:56 AM

Jan 2009
That was no way near lighthearted! What an intense episode and all the foreshadowing for the events to come. :E kinda creeps me out.

Amaziiiiiiiiiing!
Dec 2, 2015 3:09 AM

May 2014
Yo I thought this was gonna be one fucked up ending and I'm glad it didn't but fuck, next episode is gonna be a thrill huh :o
Dec 5, 2015 11:57 PM

Jul 2008
Oh dear, I bet they caused his accident too. This is not going to end well.
Dec 7, 2015 12:32 PM

May 2014
Awesome design Hyakki has got, I loved this episode.

Dec 7, 2015 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
A very interesting episode! Those doctors did something and judging by what the narrator said in the end there I’m guessing Hyakki isn’t going to let this one slide.
Dec 8, 2015 10:04 AM

Dec 2012
Hyakki is a very interesting character, I feel bad for him :/. I wonder whether he will kill them or not.
Dec 11, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
Probably those 2/3 doctors did something so he couldn't make that surgery...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 17, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
Such a thing isn't possible ...
Dec 19, 2015 8:50 AM

Feb 2014
Tragic story of revenge ensues.
Jan 12, 2016 5:50 AM

Aug 2014
for some reason, from the op I thought that hyakki was the doctor from vietnam but with longer hair lmao

i guess this is hyakki's villain origin story?
Jul 7, 2019 3:03 PM

Jan 2017
Funnily enough, I’m watching the 2019 Dororo adaptation, and even though I’m only partway through, it’s cool seeing these alternate versions of Mio, Dororo, Tanosuke, Lord Sabame, Tahomaru, and of course Hyakkimaru.

Unfortunately I think I had something spoiled for me without meaning too... :/

Completely forgot that they were by the same author.
Dec 18, 2020 3:20 AM

May 2016
I definitely didn't expect to see Hyakki and Dororo to be in Young Blackjack's character list but it was a very pleasant surprise to see that they were included in a really interesting way that wasn't as silly as I thought it would've been.

It's too bad that things still don't go too well for Hyakkimaru even in modern times, though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2015

193 by KuriPuri »»
May 8, 1:47 AM

» Thoughts on Young Black Jack

Hydre_Ito - Sep 19, 2020

4 by removed-user »»
Nov 10, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

74 by Delgear »»
Nov 11, 2021 2:25 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

50 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 22, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

125 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 20, 2021 4:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.