Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 24, 2011 3:48 PM

Oct 2009
Not bad. The first one was plain, this one was better. It's pretty clear who is who though and everything happens really fast.
Jan 26, 2011 7:00 AM

Aug 2009
viral_hun said:
I'm pretty sure that woman is the culpri, they pretty much showed her in the flashback from 10 years ago's "Battle Royale".

I think that this is the case too. Where Kujo protected Victorique from the arrow in the hallway, that girl looked like she intended to do sth.. and then when the actor called back at them she looked a little.. annyoed maybe?
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jan 26, 2011 7:16 AM

Jul 2010
gswelcome said:
Kujo.. so condescending... Victoria is a girl so therefore weak and needing to be protected. Just die you macho pig. Die.

Whoa! He doesn't mean it just because "she's a girl". It's because she a weaker girl who's barely been outside in her life and therefore can't defend herself. The second reason is because he insisted on boarding the ship and he therefore believes he has the responsibility to bring her back safely.

Jan 27, 2011 5:43 AM

May 2010
wow this is getting interesting :D that Maurice went bersek -.-
Jan 28, 2011 9:31 AM
Jul 2010
viral_hun said:
I'm pretty sure that woman is the culpri, they pretty much showed her in the flashback from 10 years ago's "Battle Royale".

I'll be disappointed if that's what happens... It would be way too predictable. Especially now since this mystery is one step above the last one.
Feb 8, 2011 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
Painfully obvious - both who is the culprit and who gets shot by whom :P
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 15, 2011 9:29 PM

Dec 2010
The series is now moving! A lot better than the first episode I must say. That dude Maurice is retarded lol I bet the gun blew up on him. I'd be the one to kill him if I was there just because he'd be a problem for the rest

Feb 19, 2011 3:47 PM

Apr 2009
Yay for survival-let's-all-kill-each-other games.
Mar 21, 2011 5:30 AM

Jan 2011
Just getting better.
Now she is more like Shinku to me. Afraid of something, proven by her shaken hands.

This is remind me of a manga where there are group of people who trapped in a mansion and play role as rabbits/bunnies/hares or wolf( only 1 wolf)

How could I make my signature appear automatically below the line? PM me please
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=signature
HyoroemonMar 21, 2011 5:33 AM
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Mar 29, 2011 10:05 AM
Jul 2009
Maurice really is messed up, cracking that quickly. And I'm betting on the blonde guy as the "hare". Gosh, I must be stupid. I didn't attempt to solve the mystery, but I doubt I'd've been able to if I had.

Oh, and, this reminded me of Umineko.
Apr 17, 2011 12:31 AM

Oct 2008
I wonder who's behind it all. =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 10, 2011 11:50 PM

Feb 2011
tinman21 said:
ha ha ha ha ha ha.. Victorique's laugh was just epic.. XD

<

yah' she could be pretty sarcastic..:D
Jul 1, 2011 1:30 PM

May 2011
Oh god that cliffhanger.........It's almost PAINFUL!
One thing I have to say, Gosick has one of the BEST endings I've heard, it's just such the perfect song for it! It adds to the chaos/mystery feel that's given after that glorious cliffhanger, I'm sure that effect will continue in later episodes too.

Victorique's laugh was literally a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. no caps because that's about how serious she was.

sakaJul 1, 2011 4:44 PM

Sep 6, 2011 8:28 PM

Jul 2010
FearTheDarkSide said:

Victorique's laugh was literally a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. no caps because that's about how serious she was.

her laugh is probably the best part of the episode, lol

Oct 31, 2011 1:10 AM

Jun 2011
A murder on a ship that supposed to be sink 10 years ago, then suddenly all passengers started to kill each other, repeating the same tragedy....This setting just like that NDS game; 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

FearTheDarkSide said:

Even Kira's/Light's laugh cannot beat her laugh.

I hated Kujo in this episode. He's such a whiny boy who complains not getting food and being the stupid one between the duo. It will be great if he also quick thinking and serve Vic as her Watson. I do respect him for protecting Vic though.
Apr 16, 2012 4:32 PM

Mar 2009
Lol the old man went crazy.
May 20, 2012 2:22 PM

Dec 2011
Victorique's laugh was brilliant! totally unique too, liking this anime so far o.o
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Jul 2, 2012 3:57 PM

Aug 2011
This show is dumb.
Everyone is irational, stupid and annoying (apart from Victorique).

Why would you go on a boat just because you found an invitation in a dead persons boat. Something bad was obviously going to happen otherwise they'd be no need to avenge it. If killing the fortune teller was getting revenge then it means she had something to it and since she supplied the hares there's a good chance it was going to be related to the food. So why would you you immediately eat it. They didn't even talk to the people there they just ate in silence in a dark.
Aug 6, 2012 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
Very creepy. But I like it. I usually don't watch stuff like this.

Their dinner was...creepy. LOL

The girl is the hare I think. She resembles one of the children in the flashbacks.

Obviously, Kujo didn't die. He's the main character. XD

Victorique's laugh XD It's so monotone.
Oct 1, 2012 7:22 PM

Sep 2012
Victorica's laughter was extremely contagious...
Oct 29, 2012 6:06 PM

Sep 2010
Why does Victorique need to be weak jsut because she's a girl?
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Jan 15, 2013 12:28 PM
Jul 2012
Oh god, that laugh.
Mar 9, 2013 10:39 PM

Jan 2013
Romance already
I like it
Jul 23, 2013 10:48 AM
Mar 2013
such a great anime, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

I loved the concept for thriller/mysterious anime in time before 2nd world war. It's original, I didn't watched something like this before.

Also, Victorique is cute, I loved her!

The end of episode was strange. Main Character won't die, it is just impossible ;)
Aug 11, 2013 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
Eh I'm not really feeling it so far. The "mystery" isn't much of a mystery its pretty predictable. I'm not liking either of the lead characters so far. Kujo seems like a standard, cliche, "I will protect the weak" character. Victorique is pretty obnoxious so far, her character design and tsun attitude is kind of killing it for me.

I'll give it a few more episodes I hope it picks up. This reminds me of Umineko but with less likable characters.
Jan 14, 2014 5:17 AM

Sep 2008
Anyone have idea if the music from 19:50 (when Kujo carries Victorique on his back) is on any soundtrack from Gosick? I'm sure i checked every one avaible but there is nothing, can't find also anything on the net.
Feb 1, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
I am rewatching this... JUST WOW. I can't believe how perfect this episode's pacing is, I didn't feel like it was too fast at ALL.

The development is too fast with the characters, but wow...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 23, 2014 8:53 PM

Feb 2013
This episode made me think of 999 a little bit. huh still a bit confused with the story but i'll see where this goes.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Apr 19, 2014 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
This episode was great, I like a lot how there was more action and mystery. The story was interesting but it wasn't really original, there are a lot of games, movies and stuff like this everywhere. Also, I'm not really sure if a boy would be willing to give his life for a girl he just met, but bleh maybe it's just me being negative about life.
Apr 29, 2014 9:55 PM
Mar 2013
moniilove said:
This episode was great, I like a lot how there was more action and mystery. The story was interesting but it wasn't really original, there are a lot of games, movies and stuff like this everywhere. Also, I'm not really sure if a boy would be willing to give his life for a girl he just met, but bleh maybe it's just me being negative about life.
You're absolutely right it's not that original but it was still very good suspense. I love these types of mysteries where one by one the people end up getting killed off. Sometimes I think I watch to many horror/suspense movies.
Jul 17, 2014 4:47 AM

Sep 2013
Im almost certain that the woman in red dress is the mastermind.

Lots of the mysteries here are pretty predictable.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 28, 2014 10:20 AM

Oct 2013
FUCK THESE CLIFFHANGER ENDINGS

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 13, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Let me guess, it was a trapped gun. It was meant to kill the one who would try to use it.

So Victorique is scared of water, uh? :P

Either the actor or the girl is a survivor of the earlier shipwreck. I would guess on the girl since she gave them a weird look when they were fighting in the corridor. It looked like she felt guilt since they weren't supposed to be there. She probably invited a lot of people who were related to the last shipwreck. She also could have the money for such a complex plan since her father is the owner of a mine.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 1, 2014 3:53 PM

Jun 2014
interesting, interesting ...

Dec 8, 2014 3:25 AM

Jun 2010
Ryushi said:
I say the gun didn't misfire. More like it never fired at all.
My money is on either the blonde dude, or the women fired at that minister guy.
Something like one of them is a cop investigating. Or whatever.

Somethign that annoys me on this series is the need to make Victorique look inferior sometimes.
It totally crushes her image. I'm not asking for an character without weakness, but I could deal with some more realism and less sexism.

I totally agree. And I find Victorique’s fake laugh highly annoying. And I don't personally like her type of characters at all. I just find it boring when some people are too smart without any effort. And the way she's lacking facial expressions is just dull.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 12:57 PM

Dec 2014
It is a good episode. But I don't understand so good the point of the wine :s
Feb 2, 2015 11:40 AM

Apr 2012
holy crap this is good
Mar 5, 2015 1:35 PM
Jul 2014
This is getting pretty interesting!
Jul 22, 2015 2:19 AM
Aug 2008
The episode was very nice. I think this is a great arc and a beginning. I'm really into this show !
Nov 30, 2016 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
Victorique is a really fun character. Aoi Yuuki delivers.

When Kujo went on about how Victorique is a girl and he must protect the weak... I found that pretty cheesy. Also, Kujo would probably be more interesting if he didn't narrate all his thoughts. Narration can be fun when the narrator is an unreliable one or snarky, but Kujo is neither.

Yes, that makes sense. I think it was the narration that made it kind of cheesy for me.
Dec 21, 2016 4:52 PM

Mar 2015
Fake laugh.

Existence of Victorique herself is pleasing enough.

3.1/5
Mar 16, 2017 6:47 AM

Feb 2013
That laugh is kawaii.
May 26, 2017 10:09 AM

Nov 2016
I start to like the opening it's quite catchy. Myster on ship, that's a classic, but I disliked the stupid behaviour of some of the passengers.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2018 8:42 AM
Dec 2017
I don't know maybe for me this episode boring.. sorry to say it
Apr 25, 2018 12:39 AM

Sep 2017
Victorique is my favorite loli. Next time I encounter a horror scenario, I want to just give a fake laugh instead of worrying about it. That gunfire at the end could have been a blank or worse a gun that shoots the shooter(a gun that shoots backwards)

She can't take your bullshit.

I suspect the actor(Ned Baxter) to be behind this. Reason is no one will willingly give away the fact that he is scheduled to play a murderer in such a gruesome scenario(This is similar to an episode in The Mentalist, where
). Second is that only an actor knows of the theatrical tricks used to reproduce a wine bottle and wallpaper. Third is he stopped the old guy from getting on board because he wants to personally avenge him. I think Victorique figured it out. There was also a blonde in the flashback and the actor is acting quite cool for someone who is in danger.

The lady couldn't be the murderer because she is isolating herself and making her a target. She is also reacting almost naturally.(Maybe too much)

Wonder who the creepy spec guy in the background is.(Never mind, he was just lowering the cables. And died soon after.)

Kazuya has a deep dark past too. Fuck Sherlock and Hercules Pierot. Victorique is the best master detective.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 30, 2020 3:23 AM

Jul 2020
Much more interesting than the previous episode. And though the pacing is rather fast I still find it a little bit boring. I don’t know I’m still not completely hooked. Maybe I need to pay more attention lol.
Jul 19, 2022 3:21 PM

Mar 2019
The opening and ending are so good.

I do like the mistery, not so much the protagonist though, but he has some alright moments. Also that blonde guy is interesting.

Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 5, 2023 9:57 AM

Feb 2022
Victorique is an interesting character, her enigmatic personality fits her well and her perceptive trait is on point. Kind of Sherlock Holmes but gothic female version.

I hope that we learn more about her background.
Jul 3, 2023 12:10 PM

Aug 2019
straight into action.
the red dressed woman is obviously acting suspiciously. could be a viewer bait though.
victorique immediatly knows whats going on which is boring(not sure what word would be the best) hope its explained why she would just know everything. how would you immediatly guess that the other room you havent been in is the room you actually were in first (actually shouldnt it be obvious? because the door they left was on the different side of the hallway than the one they came back to) and she immediatly knew the text was behind a wall paper. and what was that about paint smell?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2023 4:04 PM
Jul 2021
Gotta love how the show glossed over some very disturbing facts ..... 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

519 by kazuki_tenta »»
May 6, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.