Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2010 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
Another epic episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 29, 2010 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
So glad this series has gone in the perfect direction, what an emotional episode. Can't wait to see the last and give this series a well deserved 10.
Jun 29, 2010 9:50 AM

May 2009
Omg i cant believe i actually cried, i can't believe everything is going to end. Next episode and thats it. Epic Epic Epic I think i'm going to elevate this to an 10.
Jun 29, 2010 10:52 AM

Jun 2010
GREED SHOULDNT HAVE DIED!!!! -___________-

Father if u werent dead, I would kill ya! -_-

Why do people trust each other?
In the end, you're on your own.
Jun 29, 2010 11:23 AM

Jan 2008
just awesome...
a pity that it ends next week.
Jun 29, 2010 12:25 PM

Oct 2007
Nearly shed a tear for Greed, but had to remain manly in front of my sister.

He will be missed, as will Hoenheim :(
Jun 29, 2010 12:27 PM

Oct 2009
One word: EPIC!

I almost cried!! :O

:'(
Jun 29, 2010 2:09 PM
Jan 2009
SO GOOD! I cried at the end. I'll be really sad when this anime ends.
Jun 29, 2010 2:26 PM

Jul 2009
I tried several times putting 11 into the rating box but it won't let me =(
Jun 29, 2010 3:14 PM
Jun 2009
i cried. again. i think i've ran out of tears because of that STUPID anime.
god, how i hate Arakawa. damn genius artist.
gonna miss chibi alchemist all my life.
*T.T Greed!*
Jun 29, 2010 3:48 PM

Jul 2009
I couldn't really ask for anymore. Father's death looked even more epic animated too.
Jun 29, 2010 5:27 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, now I'm kind of mad I didn't pull my ass out of bed at 4am to watch this as it aired....
Anyway, what can I say about this episode? While I wasn't crying through the whole thing like I did with the last manga chapter, it was still epic. Putting Hoho's death at the end was nice pacing-wise and was just a good place to end. Assuming that, given what little manga content is left, the last episode will be expanding on the epilogue, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Would like to see more of some of the secondary characters (Roy and Riza especially), and maybe some little vignettes of those scenes from the photographs in that last two-page spread of the manga...
Jun 29, 2010 5:51 PM

Jul 2008
Each episode since about 51 has just got better and better and I was already giving it 10/10 since before that. Easily my favourite anime for the 15 months or so it has aired. I will never forget this awesome series.
Jun 29, 2010 6:38 PM

Jun 2007
Great episode but I'm disappointed with "father's" reasons for doing the things he's done. He basically did a whole lot of nothing just to become, and try and surpass, humanity. Why are villains always so stupid and predictable? If you have something that you shouldn't have gotten to begin with then why push your luck trying to get more lol?

O well, overall it was a great series. It started out horrible but got better once we got past the story overview stuff. I still find the first seasons explanation for "truth" and the door more entertaining but this season taught us some valuable lessons :).

9/10 for me. Ending looks like it will just wrap up loose ends so I doubt it will persuade me to change my score to a 10.
Jun 29, 2010 6:56 PM

Apr 2007
Ah, the end of Greed. It was done so well ;_______;
Hohenheim's death was definitely more sad though. Also, while I like the idea of having the ending focus on Hohenheim, it looked like it was sloppily put together at the last minute. Bad Bones.
I still don't like how this battle ended, but whatever. Looking forward to the finale~
Jun 29, 2010 7:25 PM

May 2009
:sadface: when Rain started playing... Great episode.
Jun 29, 2010 7:31 PM
Mar 2009
NOOOOO ITS ALMOST OVER....
RIP Greed and Hohenheim
i almost forgot Homunculus hes gone too behind the gate
dont underestimate the truth! it'll kill u!
10/10
Edit: An interesting twist if they edited this episode:
Ed:" Nothing is impossible! There always a truth behind a truth! *Sacrfices Al's Gate and goes through his own with Al* (Dick move instead of Epic Current Action) XD Comedy at last second...
kkmaster1337Jun 29, 2010 7:38 PM

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jun 29, 2010 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
The last few episodes alone were enough to bump this into my favorites list.
Jun 29, 2010 9:10 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
Why are villains always so stupid and predictable? If you have something that you shouldn't have gotten to begin with then why push your luck trying to get more lol?

lol the why all villains do that is cuz thats human nature :P even if he got rid of all the emotions that make him understand humans......he cant get rid of human nature lol
Jun 29, 2010 10:59 PM

Apr 2008
BAWWWWW

lol well i wondered why the ending seemed....different from the original for a while.

I like this one better than the original. (although i didn't exactly watch "all" the original)

A manly tear nearly escaped but my titanium laser reinforced tear retractors prevented it.
Jun 29, 2010 11:38 PM

Jul 2007
blahrgness said:
BAWWWWW

lol well i wondered why the ending seemed....different from the original for a while.

I like this one better than the original. (although i didn't exactly watch "all" the original)

A manly tear nearly escaped but my titanium laser reinforced tear retractors prevented it.

erm......

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL
Jun 30, 2010 12:05 AM

May 2009

*sobs* ill only see this on youtube now :O
Jun 30, 2010 1:13 AM

Jun 2008
So Hohenheim died? Then Ed not wanting to sacrifice him was all for nothing?
What a waste.
Greed was awesome. The only Homunculus i would have liked to see stay alive.

Well bad guy is gone so last episode would be about getting Al to eat and put some fat into those bones. If i remember correct he has a big list of things that wants to try.
Now that they won't have Alchemy they will also have to find a regular job. Boy that sucks. Cleaning coffee tables and such.
Jun 30, 2010 1:37 AM

Sep 2009
epic episode :)
pretty epic how rain played just when hohenheim dies ><

Jun 30, 2010 1:51 AM

Sep 2006
Monad said:

Now that they won't have Alchemy they will also have to find a regular job. Boy that sucks. Cleaning coffee tables and such.

Ed can still be an alchemy teacher. Plus his State Alchemist funding will go a long way. Can a state alchemist not perform alchemy and still be a state alchemist? Scientist-like, like Tucker or Marco
Jun 30, 2010 2:31 AM

Jul 2007
Monad said:
So Hohenheim died? Then Ed not wanting to sacrifice him was all for nothing?

That does not change anything. Its about ideals. Ed has sworn to never use philosopher stones for his own personal good.

you could describe it more like a clash of ideals and reality - EVEN if Ed has stuck to his ideals till the very end, hohenheim still died.

cardinal4 said:
Monad said:

Ed can still be an alchemy teacher. Plus his State Alchemist funding will go a long way. Can a state alchemist not perform alchemy and still be a state alchemist? Scientist-like, like Tucker or Marco

no. Most of knowledge comes from the gate.

He knows what alchemy is, hemight know some basic circles, BUT he no longer knows the more difficult to comprehend things about alchemy. All he could ever teach is w hat he learned from Izumi about circle of life.

The sense of understanding of Equivalent exchange, the personal/intricate circles, etc - it all comes from the gate being there.

Sure he knows what alchemy is, but Ed could not teach ANYTHING about it.

That would be like a mute person teaching others to speak.
Or a person who was blind since birth (since gate is destroyed, not disabled, but destroyed as if it was never here), teaching people on how to draw.
AhenshihaelJun 30, 2010 2:35 AM
Jun 30, 2010 2:54 AM

Oct 2008
Monad said:

u mean he , dont ya...only edward has lost his alchemy , al hasnt...

@cardinal4..yeah , edward can be a theory teacher...he can leave the practical lessons to Al
Jun 30, 2010 3:25 AM

Jan 2009
Kagurawr said:
You guys probably shouldn't let Fai do a single thread...

Poll is ruined again by a moronic fanboy
The episode was pretty epic though.
Besides, who else is there to make threads except our very own Fai? ( ̄ー ̄)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 30, 2010 3:26 AM
Dec 2009
Al is alive and Hohenheim's dead....we didn't see Winry this time too though :c
I was hoping for a Ed vs Truth too haha but I'm glad that he knows how to beat him.
And I almost forgot, welcome back Ling! ^O^

Jun 30, 2010 3:42 AM

Sep 2007
It's like...I can't watch anime again after watching this cuz this was SO epic nothing can compare!

*rocks back & forth in the corner depressed that it's almost over*

*recovers a few minutes later*
Ok....can't hold it in...need moar anime xP;
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 30, 2010 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
@kagurawr . . The thing is , ppl are ready to create threads , but they end up gettin abused pretty badly by fai . .
I created three threads , and then backed off . . To be honest , i didn't even wanna create the third thread , but fai's poll was removed by a mod . . Lolzz . .

Back on topic , this episode had pretty good ratings in kansai and kantou region , both . . (5.2 and 4.9 respectively)
Jun 30, 2010 6:08 AM

Jun 2008
Kagurawr said:
Oosran said:
Kagurawr said:
You guys probably shouldn't let Fai do a single thread...

Poll is ruined again by a moronic fanboy
The episode was pretty epic though.
Besides, who else is there to make threads except our very own Fai? ( ̄ー ̄)

Anyone who doesn't care about being a firstfag and can do the polls properly? Sigh

You can't really stop him at this point, and like silent_killer said if anyone but him does the poll, he'll abuse them non-stop.

Like the old saying goes: "give the baby his bottle"
Jun 30, 2010 6:42 AM

Jul 2007
silent_killer said:
@kagurawr . . The thing is , ppl are ready to create threads , but they end up gettin abused pretty badly by fai . .
I created three threads , and then backed off . . To be honest , i didn't even wanna create the third thread , but fai's poll was removed by a mod . . Lolzz . .

Back on topic , this episode had pretty good ratings in kansai and kantou region , both . . (5.2 and 4.9 respectively)

Someone has a very biased opinion about himself/herself/itself~ Considering you created those "three threads"(few hours before episode even aired, I must say) only so you can try to act all superior and get attention ;), We all know what an homo attentionwhorius you are :)

I always created threads when watching the episode, nothing changed, nothing will change. If someone has a problem with that, thats their problem :)

I am creating the op because I want to share opinion and not because I want to bash stuff just for the sake of doing that , like some trolls or those who have a serious over-importance syndrome like others
AhenshihaelJun 30, 2010 6:49 AM
Jun 30, 2010 8:41 AM

May 2010
^This is not even something Important to argue about. Does it matter who makes the thread? No, because in the end people will think what they will.

Silent_killer, you just seem like you want to bitch about something. I have no problem about who makes the thread. Just as long as my opinion is not criticized for being just that .

It would seem that Fai does a very good job at making the thread. Your just mad because you want to be.
Jun 30, 2010 8:50 AM

Oct 2008
@FaiL . . b**ch , shut the f__k up . Few hours eh . . That was only once . I did that to relieve everyone off your whory activities . Fuckin craphead .
Even the MAL MODS HATE YOU . (deleting your thread . . Ha ha ha ) how pathetic of you .

We all know what you do on naruto episode discussions . So stfu . .

@the person who's posted above me , you seem to lack common knowledge of the things that happen here , why would i be mad mate . You should see what fail does on naruto discussion threads . So please don't raise your finger at me . . I've actually pleaded fai to stop wit the bashy polls and create generic ones , but he just wouldn't listen . (i don't care who makes the thread , but lets stick to a generic one , not a bashy one)

And just so that my post isn't wasted . .
FMA BROTHERHOOD HAS GONE ON A HIATUS ON ADULT SWIM , AND HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH BLEACH . . The last episode to air before the hiatus is Episode 26 .
Source Anime news network
lafuria_suxJun 30, 2010 8:58 AM
Jun 30, 2010 8:55 AM

Nov 2008
silent_killer said:

lol yeah and bleach
Jun 30, 2010 9:01 AM

Jul 2007
silent_killer said:

And I have had arguments to back up every statement I said in those ops. Unlike usual "omg that was o coool" op by someone that does not bring anything to the table.

If you think I am wrong, then, instead of "whining about me hatin' " please provide the counter-arguments to the statements in those posts. Counterarguments better than "my opinion is different just because".

This is democracy. If I like or do not like something, I have every right to state what and why. Every. Time. When. It. Is. Relevant.

People resorting to "lol he's trollin and hatin" 'argument', clearly show that they have no arguments to use as counter.

After all, its always easier to pick the major side and just agree with everything, than to actually share your own opinion and arguments.
Jun 30, 2010 9:05 AM

Feb 2009
This issue about starting the episode discussion is getting annoying. It really doesn't matter who creates the threads, as long as the episode can be discussed. So mods overlook some threads, that's what the message system is for. If you have some problems, you can message a mod to fix the thread, not just rant like a troll. And I see some mods post in FMA threads and doesn't seem to mind the "innovated" polls but if you have problems, just message them. So just drop this issue and discuss the episode further or leave and wait for the last episode.

Sorry to butt in but this talk is getting really old really fast.
Jun 30, 2010 9:46 AM

Nov 2009
belatkuro said:
This issue about starting the episode discussion is getting annoying. It really doesn't matter who creates the threads, as long as the episode can be discussed. So mods overlook some threads, that's what the message system is for. If you have some problems, you can message a mod to fix the thread, not just rant like a troll. And I see some mods post in FMA threads and doesn't seem to mind the "innovated" polls but if you have problems, just message them. So just drop this issue and discuss the episode further or leave and wait for the last episode.

Sorry to butt in but this talk is getting really old really fast.

QFT

anyways its taking long to turn sunday again o.o
Jun 30, 2010 10:07 AM

Aug 2008
even though i read the manga, this ep still shocked me :D

awesomeness + epicness = FMA
Jun 30, 2010 10:23 AM
Jun 2010
Nuloahc said:
even though i read the manga, this ep still shocked me :D

awesomeness + epicness = FMA

Fully Agreed :)
Jun 30, 2010 4:34 PM
Dec 2009
All I can say is awsome !! really felt bad for Hohenheim death :"(
I loved the music in background between the father and the truth , I want it so bad !
Jun 30, 2010 7:39 PM

Mar 2009
DarkChaplain said:
Rey-misterio said:
did anyone else notice the name sephiroth and a 7 next to it?
anyway great episode

It's not the Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII, though, but the Sephirot from the Kabbalah.
And yes, the whole Sephirot is on it.

---
Also, I can't believe the massive trolling by the usual villains....

oh, btw, Eclipse's out~

yea i know but it was the first time i rly payed attention to it since they showed the square enix logo right before it
Jun 30, 2010 8:56 PM

Jul 2007
Simply mind blowing episode, for me, it was the episode that pushed it above the original series.

What else is left to put in another episode?
Jun 30, 2010 9:31 PM

Jul 2008
The anime blows the manga out of the water
Jun 30, 2010 10:17 PM

Jun 2008
silent_killer said:

FMA BROTHERHOOD HAS GONE ON A HIATUS ON ADULT SWIM , AND HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH BLEACH . . The last episode to air before the hiatus is Episode 26 .
Source Anime news network

It'll come back, I don't know how long it will take but I'm sure they will air the second half.

I am happy to hear that Bleach is coming back, they were also on hiatus since last year (I THINK), either way I'm happy we have at least ONE channel that has anime on.

I just wished Adult Swim would have done Naruto Shippuden, How ridiculous was it to give it to Disney Xd.
Jul 1, 2010 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
^but you have to admit , AS's quality has gone down drastically . .
Jul 1, 2010 2:28 AM
Nov 2008
Simply amazing. No need to say more.
Jul 1, 2010 4:21 AM

Nov 2009
belatkuro said:
Jul 1, 2010 7:14 AM
Jan 2010
So... it was a FRIENDS end after all.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - Jul 26, 2009

233 by Ronin_4011 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

345 by frenchystenchy »»
Today, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

176 by Ronin_4011 »»
Today, 3:09 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Apr 26, 2009

448 by frenchystenchy »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - May 31, 2009

233 by Ronin_4011 »»
Yesterday, 8:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.