Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 5, 2021 4:55 PM

Mar 2018
great ending to a great first season

rip pioran an absolute real one and one of my favourite characters, i wonder what she decided to turn into

all i thought of when the man i black said decades i thought hes gonna see adult tonari

cant wait for s2
Sep 5, 2021 10:13 PM

Oct 2008
outstanding episode...so much emotion for the passing of Pioran!
oh damn! that last part! has adult Fushi gone batsh!T crazy after several decades!?
OMG! S2 announcement in 2022 that made me feel better!
5/5.
8/10.

Sep 5, 2021 10:55 PM

Nov 2013
This was a mind-blowing journey. Not in over thirty years has an anime had this much emotional impact on me. It's not my genre of anime, yet I enjoyed it more than any other series, OAV or movie. This was an adventure, of truely unique happenings, with beautiful characters that we fall in love with. A harsh world, juxtaposed with the beautiful personna of real angelic souls.
The thing about Fushi that keeps resounding is that he accepts people for whom they are by their actions, not by appearances. He's grown so much over these years and I'm sure he'll grow even more in season two.
I've begun reading the manga. I will have to make sure I live another year to see season two. But I feel deflated, like a good friend has gone away for a long time.
Sep 6, 2021 8:44 AM

Mar 2010
Oh boi if that scared faced bitch is still alive it would make me happy asf, her sexiness is a loss to humanity.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 7, 2021 5:14 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
While i did really enjoy the first couple arcs, i didn't really like the one with tonari I kinda hated her at first she was annoying and Fushis character made me realize he still has a long way to go until he is matured but nevertheless its a good series 👌 the arcs in the beginning with March, Gugu and The white haired dude those ones broke me made me cry a bit. Also no one might like hayase but i felt so bad for her u don't choose who u fall for it just kinda happens and it so happens she fell in love with something beyond her reach. Also fushi is meant to be an immortal yet he is being protected and saved by humans, hope he manages to keep to his word next season and actually save lives and not having to part ways with anyone but seeing how this series is i feel like this series is a journey for him to meet different people gain different things from said people watch them die learn from it etc

Sep 8, 2021 7:54 AM

Mar 2016
It's adorable how much Fushi cared for Pioran, his dilemma between leaving her and staying by her is a back and forth of conflicting priorities, but it took Pioran herself to break that stalemate in Fushi's mind...

FUSHI!!!!!

What a warm and bubbly reunion, with this the two set forth on a journey and decided to live out within the forest. Until finally, the time for Pioran to pass away has come. It seems that she wished to be of use to Fushi, so I believe either she will be reincarnated as the woman with lilac hair or Fushi herself could transform into her, I do not know. What I do know is that she has lived out a fulfilling life, she has done and did everything she could ever want, and how good is it to spend the rest of your life with someone you consider as your own grandchild... As the heavens weeped upon her death, Fushi along with me myself, followed suit...

Come to think of it, Pioran is the longest character that Fushi has stayed with, from all the way back after his encounter with the Ninannah tribe, to his life of 4 years in Takunaha, to the Jananda, to finally now in this beach. This ep is the perfect way to end this first season. By having a character Fushi has known for the longest of time to pass away naturally of old age. A peaceful departure, worthy of her noble personality.

==========

Futatsu no Anata e... To your eternity... Is an incredibly unique tale of an immortal entity we know as Fushi with his journey through endless time, in this world he learns, as his creator said, he's here to preserve all there is to preserve by learning of cultures, technology, relationships, everything... The characters? Not all of them are excellent, but the ones that are were incredibly, and I mean PHENOMENALLY loveable, especially when an emotional scene comes, which bought me to the OST. This series has some of the greatest, most glorious OST pieces I've ever heard for a show. My ears are truly blessed with divine composition. The art style and animation are decent, not horrendous and not eye-catching either, but all this made for... Let's say a memorable experience. I have not seen such an enjoyable anime series to watch for a REALLY long time. And seeing that there is a second season next year brought joy to my heart.

I should perhaps read the manga from here on out, but the existence of the second season put me in a dilemma much like Fushi did. No matter what comes in the future, I will be sure to cherish and be thankful for it because this show is conveying a moral to all this story that is...

Be thankful for today and never take anything for granted because life is a blessing
Sep 9, 2021 2:16 AM
Jun 2021
A great anime 9/10 pioran dead was emotional but i know she will return
looking forward to the next season
Sep 10, 2021 11:59 AM

Nov 2012

Can't wait for more tears & depression :')
Sep 11, 2021 2:39 AM

Nov 2020
Nice end to a season. Am looking foward for season 2. Overall nice anime and very very emotional... That gap lmao Fushi changed a lot.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Sep 11, 2021 7:03 AM
Oct 2007
13 brilliantly executed episodes and 7 subpar episodes. What a ride!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2021 6:37 PM
May 2020
This episode was a phenomenal emotion ride, and leaves me a bit more optimistic this show can get out its slump and still manage to become a pretty good show, rather than a missed opportunity with legendary moments.
Sep 12, 2021 6:54 PM
Great Love

Mar 2019
Seeing Fushi at the end makes me feel very uneasy and sad, not to mention Pioran's death

Sep 22, 2021 10:09 PM

Aug 2011
Echo most people's sentiments on the Janada arc... by far the weakest. With that said, this show is still miles better than most anime out there.

I really liked how they turned Pioran from a complete side character from when she was first introduced to becoming the most important person to Fushi by happenstance. Her death was obviously coming but still hits hard with the feels.
Sep 25, 2021 11:27 PM
Aug 2015
I'm really glad that they decided to end the season at this point. Pioran's death felt a lot like the unnamed Boy's death from episode 1. It was slow and quiet, caused naturally, rather than by some big plot twisty battle like the deaths inbetween were. It feels like we've kind of come full circle. I'm going to miss Pioran ): She was the last person Fushi had... but I'm glad that she got to live her full life.

Since we're skipping decades here, I wonder if that means Pioran will have time to be reborn and she really will run into Fushi again. That would be so sweet. Though they did say she wouldn't be the same person since she asked for a different body ):

Thank you, To Your Eternity! I can't wait for the next season.
rirururuSep 25, 2021 11:31 PM
Sep 30, 2021 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
The Jananda Island arc was terrible. This final episode was quite good though, this and the first episode are the only episodes I genuinely enjoyed.
6/10
Oct 2, 2021 9:02 AM
Nov 2015
Osivix said:
The Jananda Island arc was terrible. This final episode was quite good though, this and the first episode are the only episodes I genuinely enjoyed.
6/10
how was that arc terrible?
Oct 2, 2021 9:03 AM
Nov 2015
ToshiroChan said:
This series was a meh overall, so many potentials but instead they forced unnecessary plot twist and character developments just to kill the character, lmao what ?

5/10
how is a plot twist unnecessary? And developing a character to kill them off is the write way to do it cause you care about their death more?
Oct 7, 2021 11:13 PM

Nov 2013
A stirring and intense ending. I never thought I would feel so much affection for a 90 year old woman. When she first appeared as the "fake shaman" to give March to the sacrifice, I hated her. But over time, she has become a noble person to me, the way she guided Fushi, to help him become the person he became.

Am reading the manga now. Absolutely enthralled with it. Can't wait for Season Two.

Spent nearly $200 to get the OST CD (which is part of a blu-ray package containing the first 6 eps and the CD soundtrack), hoping the sound quality would be better than the version on Youtube. It is not. Unfortunately, the engineering of that disc is dreadful. You just don't do that kind of heavy handed processing to symphonic music.
I was so upset that I produced a technical review of the problem and put i on youtube:

https://youtu.be/yRS1c3TDtO0
Oct 19, 2021 11:03 PM
Aug 2015
Fushi tricked Pioran in Machi's body before, but the same trick with him using Mia's body didn't work anymore lol.
Farewell Pioran. She was the closest person to Fushi until the day she's gone.
It was a good adaptation. Looking forward to the 2nd season.
Oct 20, 2021 3:51 AM

Dec 2013
Pioran's death hit me a lot harder than I was expecting RIP.

She really was pretty when she was younger.
Oct 23, 2021 9:40 AM

Apr 2016
That hug by Pioran after not seeing Fushi for awhile is extremely heartwarming. Im so glad they focus on Pioran and focus on how much Pioran help Fushi to grow. Amazing ending for the first season overall 8/10. Really excited to see what kind of new experience that Fushi gonna meet on the second season.
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Oct 24, 2021 6:12 PM

Sep 2018
I onhold watching this anime when I see that Gugu is dead. The first death is very sad and makes me cry, when March died, I'm kinda fine by it but when Gugu died, that's not okay!!! I feel like Gugu's death is really not needed. I'm sad that every character he get to know will be dead :(

Jananda Arc is annoying for me, the kids overestimated their selves, they got killed (they have chance on living but they wasted it). The only characters I love in this series is the nameless boy, March & Parona, Gugu and Pioran T---T the last episode with Pioran is very emotional. I said to myself that I won't watch season 2 because Gugu is dead and everything is annoying but after finishing the final episode, I'm curious what will happen and when he will meet Pioran again! I still enjoy the anime 8/10.
Oct 26, 2021 8:19 AM
Jul 2020
This episode really made me cry. Felt so real damn
Nov 1, 2021 7:10 PM

Feb 2018
Pioran's death hit hard.. ouch. She was beautiful inside out :'). That last scene though, several decades passed Fushi seemed.. different :O
Nov 6, 2021 7:21 AM

Sep 2011
When she first appeared in this anime as a foul mouthed comic relief character I never would of guessed she would end up being one of the most compelling characters in the series and result in easily the most impactful moment in the show thus far. You knew it was coming but the series held off on getting to this moment for just the right amount of time, and handled it with the right amount of build up that it hit like a truck.
JizzyHitlerNov 6, 2021 7:28 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 8, 2021 7:11 PM
Nov 2013
Binged the series at someone's recommendation

It started off slightly awkward, but really, really strong.

And then it sort of nose-dived in the second half.

Overall it was typical story telling from Japan.

Amazing premise, weak follow-up, and so much wasted potential.

Went from exploring humanity to fighting monsters

Not to mention the whole stereotypical I-don't-want-to-kill-anyone-at-the-detriment-of-others MC

6/10 Fine, but disappointed.
NakuyNov 8, 2021 7:23 PM
Nov 10, 2021 2:52 PM

Sep 2012
Kap92 said:
Pioran's death hit hard.. ouch. She was beautiful inside out :'). That last scene though, several decades passed Fushi seemed.. different :O

Pioran is not dead but became being like Fushi that's what she asked of that god, she did not say out out but end showed her transformation in to the orb like the one he came from
Nov 13, 2021 1:38 PM

Oct 2008
Barely made it through this show. The first few episodes where very interesting until Fushi developed sentience, but after that could barely watch his pathetic existence struggle. The finale was superb though which made me feel a bit conflicted.
Nov 18, 2021 1:47 PM

Oct 2019
A near perfect, very emotional season ending. I fully expected Pioran would die, I just didn't expect she would die that way. As a young girl she was truly beautiful. I do not get what exactly Fushi's maker did with her soul, though that was of course by design, to have us wonder until season 2. Will he have her reincarnated as a normal human or as a companion to Fushi in the form of an orb* (initially)? And why, after touching the orb, did her soul go from young to old rather than the other way around? Did that suggest she was reverting from the ageless paradise form of her soul since she was about to be reincarnated?

Like I predicted in a comment on the previous episode Hayashe survived. It appears that the Nokker who found her in that boat was the same Nokker she had managed to quasi-communicate with earlier (the one who tried to enter her arm). So the Nokker did not take her over, at least not fully. They likely formed a mutually beneficiary symbiotic relationship in order to find Fushi together. So Hayashe would still be Hayashe, not a zombie Nokker, but she would have a Nokker symbiote within her and thus the Nokker's powers but with her mind intact.

I think that's a plot device to keep Hayashe from aging, since she appears to be written as a long term adversary. Fushi perhaps should have killed her after all, but if they did and felt sorry for it they would forever carry her form as baggage. This season was great though not perfect. Nothing is. I rated it 8/10.

*If Fioran turns into an orb does this mean that the 'spark' of Fushi that gave life to their orb is also a human soul?
Nov 27, 2021 8:50 AM

Mar 2012
Would have been a 10 out of 10 if it had ended after Gugu's arc. Sadly, I didn't enjoy the prison island arc at all, none of the interactions between the characters felt meaningful.

Dec 1, 2021 6:39 PM

Aug 2011
A great sleeper anime.

I didn't think much of it in the beginning, but I really enjoyed Fushi's journey. I'm really looking forward to the 2nd season.
Dec 11, 2021 2:55 PM
May 2020
aight bet, the ending acc was hella deep ahlie
Dec 21, 2021 12:09 PM

Mar 2020
so will pioran reincarnate or something? or the black guy is as useless as he seems and just said those things so she can pass in peace?
Since the start of anime I kinda wondered how much can he actually interact with the world, but so far it seemed as he's only a radar for fushi and can force him to transform (like creating a sword for him and giving him a human form when he transformed in rocks and grass i think?!)
Feb 13, 2022 12:58 AM

Jun 2020
Omg Fushi worrying about Pioran was so precious!!!!! I wna give him a big hug ☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

RIP Pioran..... I teared up when she said she wanted to be reborn as something that could help Fushi. She has so much love and kindness for him & really treats him as her own blood. It was so touching.

My favourite episode was the first episode. It was so emotional, simple yet impactful. Sadly the rest of the season didn’t really live up to it & its subtleties but it was still great with the array of characters. My favourite arc was Guguㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ♡

Can’t wait for the next season to watch more of Fushi’s growth & his journey.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 13, 2022 9:14 AM
Nov 2020
Guys, take care of your parents and grandparents. This episode hits so hard for me.
Feb 14, 2022 6:00 AM

Mar 2019
I really liked how they took what at the time seemed like the most insignificant character in the show and had her help the main character so, so much. Pioran really grew on me over time and while she has died, I'm just glad it wasn't from this show's various forms of bullshittery.
OωO
Feb 25, 2022 6:03 AM

Jun 2015
Fuck this shit. One season was enough for me, I won't bother with the second one.

Such a shame aboue Gugu, tho.
ok :p
Mar 15, 2022 12:08 PM

May 2009
MadSc said:
Fuck this shit. One season was enough for me, I won't bother with the second one.

He will be back later.
Mar 15, 2022 12:51 PM

Jun 2015
bastek66 said:
MadSc said:

He will be back later.

Oh, nice.

I've heard that the second season would be rather different in tone and stuff compared to the first one.
ok :p
Mar 15, 2022 12:52 PM

May 2009
MadSc said:
bastek66 said:

He will be back later.

Oh, nice.

I've heard that the second season would be rather different in tone and stuff compared to the first one.

It will be about

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraMar 17, 2022 10:07 AM
Apr 26, 2022 12:29 PM

Jul 2016
LeviathanHWD said:
What a ride and what a way to end it, everyone aging and pioran slowly succumbing to death goddamn.

The symbolism this episode was flipping freaky. Fushi acting how the unnamed boy was with his dog form, nursing him and not wanting to let the dog be alone being reflected in how fushi couldn't not care about pioran, to how march was mothering fushi and fushi then reflected that to pioran, how his self-sacrificial nature of gugu saving reann translated into fushi taking care of pioran, then to how the comradery of the kids on the island was shown through fushi being content with traveling alongside another. Then when pioran was slowly descending into madness, how she accepted and welcomed death, signified by the fire smoke teetering out showing her resolve as well, then the pathetic fallacy of the rain as pioran was dead, to the somewhat cyclical red nose of crying and moving on from death and accepting it, piorans wishes of trasnforming into her younger self similar to how a doting parent would want to look after their child for eternity which hit close to home, this episode was a masterpiece through and through.

Whilst the series itself had its fair share of ups and downs, the first episode and last episodes were by far my favourites, showing fushi's growth through and through impressively through a brilliant 20 minute each narrative. Whilst the first episode was oscar worthy as a self contained story packed with emotions of finding what fushi was, this episode was packed with feelings of why fushi was, an internal struggle brilliantly touched on in every episode, moreso by this one. The end clip with an older looking fushi - older than 14 of course, shows how the fight with the nokkers are only continuing, with bigger and better things to come in winter 2022.

I couldn't agree more. Thank you for this excelent sum up. The first episode was what brought me to this series as I casually watched it on Crunchyroll, I just liked it so much. And I'm glad Fushi learned with that boy and grew to become a lot like him. And I also think it is indeed a great ending.

x5

Good times become good memories, but bad times become good lessons.
Uncle Iroh
May 12, 2022 1:20 AM

Mar 2013
All supporting characters died, well most of them did anyway.
Did I see it right or does it seem like...

Well, I don't think I would watch the sequel until they finished airing it.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 18, 2022 10:54 PM

Mar 2018
I don't know, this show's emotional moments were really amazing and gave this show a 9/10 feel. But it's draggy SOL parts and unalluring world setting made it feel like a 7/10.

I'm gonna have to go with 8/10 on this, really good show with heart wrenching moments but brought down a bit by it's 20 episodes that could have been shortened to 15 at least.
May 19, 2022 8:09 PM
Oct 2017
I am so happy S2 will be released October this was a series I kept putting off and saying would be boring but boy was I wrong
May 28, 2022 11:29 AM

Dec 2020
All in all a fitting end to the season. I hope that they don't reuse this formula for season 2.
Jun 12, 2022 11:23 AM

Dec 2018
Good ending and i'm interested again so long as they stick to this kind of formula. it got messy in the second arc and downright stupid and repetitive in the third. I'm not going to give it a good rating because 80 percent of it was trash. it started great, idk if the writer was drunk and bitter or what during the huge chunk in the middle, but ended nicely. i'll wait for s2 and hopefully it redeems itself.
Jun 19, 2022 2:58 AM

Mar 2012
The sequence of Fushi going: Pioran will be better without me - oh wait what if?! - leaves something for her - repeat www When Pioran found/hugged him and Fushi looked like he was about to cry, it made me think that huh did we ever see Fushi cry? I might just be forgetting. We did get that in the end but we only saw the aftermath with his red nose ;;

Gasped when the fire's smoke near Pioran stopped - that was good fjdbdjkd I wonder how we will meet her next time. I got surprised that the timeskip went decades. Did he stop 'growing' again like what happened when he was with Gugu or his powers did develop during the long time

I really think that that was Hayase in the hut. An arm was shown but I didn't check scenes with Hayase to see the accessory/strap(?) on her arm to confirm

I'm so happy I got to pick up this series. I had to stop watching for some time because Gugu's arc scarred me. The Prison Island arc took more time for me to enjoy unlike the first two. But overall, looking forward to the upcoming sequel! So many things are yet to be answered
Otamegane0988Jun 19, 2022 4:27 AM
Jun 26, 2022 7:13 AM

Jul 2013
Pioran's death hit too close to home. My grandmother had severe dementia. And now I'm watching my mother go through the early stages of it. I'll be her caretaker, so will be along for the whole ride. So yeah...

Fantastic anime. 10/10 would cry again.
VokiJun 26, 2022 7:19 AM
Jun 30, 2022 3:06 AM

Aug 2013
Well, this anime was alright. A lot of characters died way too early in my opinion. As for Fushi, I agree with the hooded dude that he did nothing for too long during the Takunaha Arc. I really liked the first episode of this anime, I wish the nameless boy that died from injuries had a name. I hope Hayase will return in the second season, yandere characters are always interesting.
Jul 21, 2022 2:14 AM

May 2021
The last episode gave me the feeling of the first series. I didn't like Jananda arc at all. I guess I'm a fan of the only first series. The stories of Much and Gugu were also good, but not that good.

I wonder if Pioran will also become an eternal being? In this case, Fushi will finally get someone who will never leave him.

I guess I'll still try the second season...but I don't have high expectations
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hayase is getting too much plot armor

Andrekrep - May 19, 2021

30 by Dirittoprocedura »»
May 28, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

150 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 2:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.