Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 25, 2018 11:09 PM
Mar 2018
TheFreycook said:
"It's a misunderstanding!"

*door shuts*

lmaoooo

Don't talk to me or my son ever again
Oct 25, 2018 11:39 PM

Dec 2017
The ending song keeps on growing in me; it's somewhat unique. The scenes also match up with the song beats which make it even better.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 26, 2018 12:04 AM

Aug 2016
The show is just getting better and better the worst part is as always:
Gonna wait for another week for the next episode :'(
Oct 26, 2018 3:03 AM

Apr 2014
Im starting to realise how much I appreciate an MC who can actually fucking think, and act like a real person. Its so refreshing after show after show of MCs being deliberately vague and just going out of their way to make everything more complicated than it needs to be. Maybe I appreciate it even more because Im rewatching INdex and Toma is the king of anime dumbasses.
MagmafrostOct 26, 2018 3:18 AM
Oct 26, 2018 4:52 AM

Dec 2015
This series is so fun to watch.... It takes elements from Haruhi, Monogatari and spins them in such a warm and inviting way.

Love how they changed the visuals and even got Koga's VA to sing ED as well!
Prim3Oct 26, 2018 4:55 AM
~
Oct 26, 2018 5:06 AM
Sep 2018
so there are only two girls in the anime suffering from this "syndrome" or there are more?
Oct 26, 2018 6:18 AM

Apr 2015
Spannerhead said:

Thanks for the explanation. I don't think it's cliche at all; I'm just trying to wrap my head around the characters and their responses.

If Sakuta doesn't feel like the misunderstanding threatens the relationship, why did he immediately run after Mai and seem very earnest in his explanation in the hallway that it was a misunderstanding? Was he just trying to fake her out?

Seems to me that if he were so confident that the relationship wasn't threatened, he would have just let her walk away...

Cause she did not respond and he would be able to stop her from teasing him for it right away. But since she wanted to continue this game of chess he knew what was up.

Remember, he could've followed her, caught her on her way home/on her way to school or tried anything else that meant going out of his way to clear things up. But he was in no rush cause he knew what was up.
Oct 26, 2018 6:32 AM

Aug 2018
Fappa said:
Spannerhead said:

Thanks for the explanation. I don't think it's cliche at all; I'm just trying to wrap my head around the characters and their responses.

If Sakuta doesn't feel like the misunderstanding threatens the relationship, why did he immediately run after Mai and seem very earnest in his explanation in the hallway that it was a misunderstanding? Was he just trying to fake her out?

Seems to me that if he were so confident that the relationship wasn't threatened, he would have just let her walk away...

Cause she did not respond and he would be able to stop her from teasing him for it right away. But since she wanted to continue this game of chess he knew what was up.

Remember, he could've followed her, caught her on her way home/on her way to school or tried anything else that meant going out of his way to clear things up. But he was in no rush cause he knew what was up.

Hmm OK.

At this point, I don't have an explanation for his knee-jerk earnest attempt to explain himself right after the incident other than the fact that he's a genuinely good guy and can be straightforward when he wants to be, toward those he cares about...

He himself said that the day would just repeat itself, so he thought he'd have a chance for a do-over, which removes even more incentive to try to clear things up immediately.

When the day actually advanced, THAT'S when the panic set in and he knew he'd have to work to clear up the misunderstanding...

...until he realized that if Tomoe got confessed to, her "trauma" would exist and she'd cause the day to repeat. Hence his plan to "date" her temporarily---even though that will further complicate his attempts to reconcile with Mai.

Sorry just trying to work it out.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 26, 2018 6:41 AM
Apr 2018
Never Expected i Would enjoy this Anime So Much! Too bad the translations of LN have now been surpassed.
The Chemistry is something that is perfect and now the Mai Looks so god damm cute!
Cant wait for next!
Oct 26, 2018 7:10 AM

Nov 2014
Well, the moment he said the day would repeat itself again anyways I instantly knew he triggered a flag. When the news said it was the 28th I just laughed XD

Looks like Mai trusts Sakuta enough to let him explain himself, which is really nice to see and really really sweet. Still though, it might be a step too far to ask her to allow him to publicly date another girl.

In any case, we really are moving onto the next arc and the next girl. I hope Sakuta keeps Mai close. It's a one cour, so I don't see any immediate problem, but it does cast doubt on my serious enthusiasm for future season or getting into the light novels.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 26, 2018 7:25 AM

Aug 2018
BurningSpirit said:
Well, the moment he said the day would repeat itself again anyways I instantly knew he triggered a flag. When the news said it was the 28th I just laughed XD

Same. :D They set him up with that one...

Looks like Mai trusts Sakuta enough to let him explain himself, which is really nice to see and really really sweet. Still though, it might be a step too far to ask her to allow him to publicly date another girl.

It shows a maturity on her part. She wants to have fun with him in his predicament (which is probably what he was alluding to during the bath monologue), but she trusts that he's honest when he says it's a misunderstanding.

One more nagging question (sorry!). Maybe I missed it, but how did the bunny girl outfit end up at Sakuta's apartment and why did he not bat an eyelash the following morning when it was under his bed (he had forgotten about Mai at that point)? He teased Kaede about it but didn't seem to consider it odd that it was in his apartment... Just his personality maybe? He wasn't fazed by the notebook on his desk...
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 26, 2018 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
Spannerhead said:
One more nagging question (sorry!). Maybe I missed it, but how did the bunny girl outfit end up at Sakuta's apartment and why did he not bat an eyelash the following morning when it was under his bed (he had forgotten about Mai at that point)? He teased Kaede about it but didn't seem to consider it odd that it was in his apartment... Just his personality maybe? He wasn't fazed by the notebook on his desk...
Mai left it there. As she was about to leave, Sakuta reminded her that she forgot her bunny suit, but she just told him to keep it

I didn't fixate too much about why he didn't freak out to be honest. We're dealing with a supernatural phenomenon here that magically alters memories, I seriously think it just seems the most logical to have the characters think like everything makes sense afterwards when everything definitely made sense before. Basically there's hardly a point in having a supernatural memory altering phenomenon immediately trigger red flags in the person's mind, or you can think of it as a natural human tendency to make sense of something by taking a slipshod mental shortcut (which happens to the best of us).

Frankly I was a little more annoyed this episode, when Sakuta dismisses living through an ENTIRE day as he might be imagining it. He did quickly realise it though.
BurningSpiritOct 26, 2018 8:12 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 26, 2018 8:16 AM

Aug 2018
BurningSpirit said:
I didn't fixate too much about why he didn't freak out to be honest. We're dealing with a supernatural phenomenon here that magically alters memories, I seriously think it just seems the most logical to have the characters think like everything makes sense afterwards when everything definitely made sense before.

Good point; that's true. All the characters had alternate memories for things that had changed as Mai disappeared. That said, I'd be curious to know what Sakuta's altered memory is of how the outfit ended up there. Maybe it's in the light novel or the manga...?

Thanks for the insight.

Is it next Wednesday yet? No??? Poop. :(
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 26, 2018 10:04 AM

Sep 2017
Pacing was pretty quick. Would have liked to see a bit more of him with Mai/slice of life before discovering the time loop thing. And it was (potentially) resolved so quick as well. Of course Mai would walk in during that moment as well, and the loop ends so there are actual consequences. I really liked Mai's and Sakuta's chemistry, so I hope they resolve things next episode.

I'm not too thrilled about the whole fake dating plot, especially when the thing I was looking forward to the most was the main 2's relationship. Maybe there will be another reset to the 27th (as Futaba suggested) and they will find another solution.
Oct 26, 2018 10:30 AM

Jun 2017
Yet another awesome episode..
Those first 5minutes...Pure Sugar, would die of diabeeeetuuuus 10/10

Too bad Mai and Sakuta aren't going out because of another girls "problem"
(He didnt even clear the misunderstanding the next day, nor did he visit Mai)

Well, let's see where this is going
ZhexalOct 26, 2018 10:36 AM
Oct 26, 2018 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
I was thinking this will be another Seiren crap story, with 3-4 episode and repeat with few different girls, but it seems the story is consistent at least...
Still I don't like this new girl and I would like it better if it just continued with Mai. I had totally different image of how this is going to play out, he should have continued to help Mai get world to see her, make her mother to see her and get back to acting.
I liked the animation of town very much, it reminded me few places where I've been :) The first ed vocal is better ;o
I will continue to have high hopes for this because of the ending scene, but I guess he will have to keep helping every new girl while staying with Mai till the end.

Kuso! how I hate when I have to wait for anime episode full week.

Stepch said:
So, the plot is same with Bakemonogatari...
Save all girls from a "syndrome" and create a harem, lol. I think the main heroine is still Sakurajima Mai, same position with Senjougahara in Bakemonogatari.

aw so I won't like Bakemonogatari so much... I wanted to watch that anime soon also... ;/
Thyriad-oPPailovOct 26, 2018 10:56 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 26, 2018 10:39 AM

Aug 2018
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
Still I don't like this new girl and I would like it better if it just continued with Mai.

I think it will give us an opportunity to see another side of Sakuta's personality in how he interacts with Tomoe. And further explore the central mystery of the show.

Mai just ends up looking better by comparison also, and we'll be freshly reminded of how compatible they are if/when they do get back together.

Really wish I had a better intuitive grasp of the senpai/kouhai dynamic. I feel like there's a lot of banter that plays off that relationship that is just understood for someone who grew up in Japanese school.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 26, 2018 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
I felt like this episode was pretty annoying after how excellent the first three were, I'm not interested in the new girl at all
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Oct 26, 2018 1:01 PM

Oct 2017
i love this more and more with each episode. i do hope they go full sci-fi romance eventually but so far the dynamics are more than enough for me :3
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Oct 26, 2018 2:39 PM
Apr 2016
Fappa said:
And I'm repeating myself again like a robot.

I get that people are scarred from previous bad experiences but this is not one to worry about.

Mod edit: added spoiler tag

you calm my soul thanks. Still good episode
Oct 26, 2018 4:58 PM
Aug 2018
How to top off 3 episodes that depicted some of the best romance I've seen in anime? Well using the Groundhog Day trope from one of my favorite movie ever will do it!
This show keeps defying my expectations and I love it for it. Sakuta is still a great MC, BUT please don't be dumb with this new situation, he better make things right and very clear with Mai at the start of episode 4.
I know the romance needs drama to keep things interesting, but don't turn him into an idiot/asshole!
Oct 26, 2018 5:18 PM

May 2010
and here I thought I finally forgot about endless 8's existence....
Oct 26, 2018 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
Mai is so cute omg! And with every episode, she becomes even cuter xD Watching her saying that she would date him was definitely the best moment.
Damn, having to fake that you date her for a whole semester so that she won't end without friends, that's bad but as long as he explains to Mai and she knows what he is really doing, i don't mind xD #MaiBestGirl
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 27, 2018 12:38 AM

Dec 2016
Well, episode 04 disappointed me somewhat.
Oct 27, 2018 3:04 AM

Jul 2016
I was wondering how they would proceed after the last episode which felt like a season finale, and they did it nicely. I'm not disappointed.

That kouhai girl is a cutie, but I hope they won't stall the main couple for too long.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Oct 27, 2018 6:50 AM

Aug 2013
MayInu said:
I don't really like this new girl. Her problem is just so stupid lol but the again, she is a silly teenager. It is normal for her age to make drama out of nothing. What bothers me the most about her is how selfish she is. She knows Sakuta likes someone else, but didn't have a problem pushing him into a fake relationship. Sakuta too bothered me with his disregard for Mai. I mean I know he is helping Kouga bc she reminded him of his little sister, but it's so obvious that she will fall for Sakuta that it annoys me. I don't like love triangles. I love Mai and Sakuta together and I think there isn't need for a triangle or stuff like that to make the love aspect of the show interesring.

Also, I like that Futaba's love interest isn't Sakuta. I think her liking Kunimi will have to do with her syndrome whenever it happens.

I hate love triangles and the whole current situation in the anime, but this is great setup for something great. Better than if we just let the ship sail. If he, for instance, in the next episode(s) realized all this and tried talking to the new girl about his budding relationship and about her life as well. How lying will only get her into even more trouble in the long run. It could subvert the whole love triangle shit, and not just for the novelty of it, it could have a very good point/message, too!
The only problem is I'm not sure lying is always bad, and I'm kinda sick of that whole wide eyed idealism. Maybe something, like, they do lie until the end of the break. And Mai is in on it, she understands. New girl really does avoid troubles by lying, but, knowing this isn't really going to fix her issues Mai suggests (so it's not always Sakuta) they help her find friends outside of school (during the break). So she then no longer has the need to lie 'cause she's both not lonely anymore and doesn't feel embarrassed 'cause people won't look down on her if she has friends elsewhere. Something like that. Make it morally grey a bit, just "lying is bad" is too cliche.

I feel the same about her falling for Sakuta. Yeah, I'm already sick of it, does everyone always have to fall for the MC? But this could be setup for something like what happened in Scum's Wish: they could go on on a date and she realizes this isn't what she really wants. Now that things are no longer just a fantasy, they feel real, she really feels she might destroy something for people who've helped her (if we continue my previous idea), she has a change of heart. I'd also add that they're somehow different, like they don't agree on the movie at all, or something.

But this is all just raw, untapped, potential. Bunny Girl Senpai might not use any of it. I doubt it will be as great as that one episode of Scum's Wish, but, from what I've seen from the show so far, it won't be completely cliche either. At least, that's my guess.

WiseWolf_ said:
Endless Eight flashbacks intensifies

Endless Eight PTSD intensifies*
NenadOct 27, 2018 6:55 AM
Oct 27, 2018 7:21 AM

Aug 2018
Nenad said:
I feel the same about her falling for Sakuta. Yeah, I'm already sick of it, does everyone always have to fall for the MC?

Tomoe hasn't fallen for Sakuta, at least from what I can tell. She's just using him to avoid getting confessed to by the other dude, and Sakuta is playing along to stay out of the time loop.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 27, 2018 7:26 AM

Aug 2013
Spannerhead said:
Tomoe hasn't fallen for Sakuta, at least from what I can tell. She's just using him to avoid getting confessed to by the other dude, and Sakuta is playing along to stay out of the time loop.

I was referring to what MayInu said: "but it's so obvious that she will fall for Sakuta that it annoys me."
Oct 27, 2018 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
Fappa said:
And I'm repeating myself again like a robot.

I get that people are scarred from previous bad experiences but this is not one to worry about.

Mod edit: added spoiler tag

*claps*

You da real MVP.
Oct 27, 2018 10:51 AM
May 2016
Revoltage1022 said:
felipeliborio said:
It was a good episode, but it is not as good if you have seen it several times before... Gladly the time loop thing didn't last for 8 episodes and Mai was open to hear an explanation in the end, otherwise it would be totally out of character for her.
lmao i bet it is reminding you of the endless eight in suzumiya haruhi
hahahah those eight episodes were like hell to me, as I was expecting something new to happen and watched all the 8 episodes without forwarding .
Oct 27, 2018 2:36 PM

Oct 2015
I was worried that the show would stop being interesting after the first arc but I stand corrected. This is tuning out to be pretty good.
Oct 27, 2018 8:49 PM

Oct 2008
misunderstandings here, misunderstandings there...alright..i think Koga just wants Sakuta's "D"! lolz
There's gonna be a lot of explainin to do against Sakurajima!
5/5.

Oct 27, 2018 9:44 PM
Jun 2017
Stepch said:
Save all girls from a "syndrome" and create a harem, lol. I think the main heroine is still Sakurajima Mai, same position with Senjougahara in Bakemonogatari.
Stepch said:

Dude you are wayy off in comparison
Oct 27, 2018 9:50 PM

Aug 2018
SvenXL said:
Stepch said:

Agreed. TheAn1meMan addressed the comparison in his latest video (the other 97% of which was devoted to a very contrived non-apology).

In other news, too soon to nominate Rio for best girl based on the phone exchange after the day ticks over?
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 27, 2018 11:30 PM

May 2009
jabbzz1 said:
i hope this gets a s2 after not like other nicr anime

There is already movie sequel announced, there won't be S2.
Oct 27, 2018 11:39 PM

Nov 2016
Spannerhead said:
SvenXL said:

Agreed. TheAn1meMan addressed the comparison in his latest video (the other 97% of which was devoted to a very contrived non-apology).

In other news, too soon to nominate Rio for best girl based on the phone exchange after the day ticks over?

I consider they are similar because...
May contain spoiler :

You can see other people's reason from recommendation section in this anime, there are some people too, that said this is similar with Bakemonogatari, CMIIW.
I don't force you to trust my opinion too, lol.
StepchOct 28, 2018 12:08 AM
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Oct 28, 2018 12:03 AM

Nov 2016
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
I was thinking this will be another Seiren crap story, with 3-4 episode and repeat with few different girls, but it seems the story is consistent at least...
Still I don't like this new girl and I would like it better if it just continued with Mai. I had totally different image of how this is going to play out, he should have continued to help Mai get world to see her, make her mother to see her and get back to acting.
I liked the animation of town very much, it reminded me few places where I've been :) The first ed vocal is better ;o
I will continue to have high hopes for this because of the ending scene, but I guess he will have to keep helping every new girl while staying with Mai till the end.

Kuso! how I hate when I have to wait for anime episode full week.

Stepch said:

aw so I won't like Bakemonogatari so much... I wanted to watch that anime soon also... ;/

Umm, I think you can try it. Bakemonogatari is consistant with main heroine till end. For this show, it should be same imo.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Oct 28, 2018 8:17 AM

Apr 2015
I like that most of the time the plot is going where it should, not that it's predictable but in the sense that there are few misunderstandings or embarrassing scenes and it's just all in all enjoyable. It's like a footballer that doesn't have the fancy skills but is mostly in the right place in the right time to pick a pass or tackle. Refeshing.
Oct 28, 2018 8:18 AM

Oct 2018
Oh a new arc with a new girl and a new supernatural conflict, monogatari vibes really it is.

Lol the loop end at the wrong timing.
Oct 28, 2018 8:32 AM
Apr 2018
i remember reading a manhwa (korean manga) with the same situation of a day repeating as shown in this episode
Oct 28, 2018 12:47 PM
Aug 2018
She just want a quiet life.
Oct 28, 2018 3:51 PM

Oct 2010
Show: I want you to care about Sakuta and the delicate situation he's in, also to take into account the feelings of Mai, what Koga intends to do here and how will this situation be solved

Me: Is Futaba doing well? I mean, she didn't put on her socks before her tie, that's weird

Yeah I wasn't much of a fan of this episode overall.

Oct 28, 2018 4:09 PM
Mar 2016
Complex drama incoming!
Oct 28, 2018 4:19 PM
Mar 2018
I really loved the relationship of the previous arc, so I'm afraid to see it tumble if it does. Or maybe it won't.
Oct 28, 2018 6:56 PM
Mar 2014
Thia ahow is good so far. I liked this episode
Oct 28, 2018 9:59 PM

Oct 2013
PREDATOR DETECTED, and she's already got him going along with her whims even though it's gonna cause problems in his own relationship lol.

But it's not that kind of anime so it probably won't amount to much, just a few, mostly harmless, misunderstandings.
Oct 29, 2018 7:25 AM

Jan 2018
New fav ed confirm.
Oct 29, 2018 7:31 AM

Aug 2018
Naabii- said:
New fav ed confirm.

It is really good. Nice jazzy feel. I like that the voice actresses actually sing the song.

The OP is a little too Kimi No Na Wa-ish for me.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 29, 2018 11:15 AM

Oct 2017
OOOOOOOOOHH MY GOOOOODDDDDD WHY IS THIS SHOW SO F*CKING ... AAAAH
Awright, so far we have Oregairu, Monogatari, and Suzumiya Haruhi. What's next?

Putting above statement aside, I'd say that this show is the most 5/10 thing ever in my book. I mean, this show is entertaining but also offensive at the same time. How's that even possible, that's genius.

This episode of Ore no Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai Monogatari no Yuutsu gets a 2.5/5
itsDesperaOct 29, 2018 1:38 PM
Oct 29, 2018 2:24 PM
Aug 2018
I haven't seen too much anime compared to the average MAL user, so I don't have the complaint that this show resembles another series. I'm mostly just enjoying the ride so far.

I'm very happy the show didn't repeat the same day too many times right off the bat. This is my first time watching an anime that's still airing, so I would have been a little bit upset if June 27th took up the whole episode and I'd have to wait a whole week for something different.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» How did Sakuta notice Mai back in episode 1?

RealNath - May 12

15 by KiKoo_FaTiGue_Fr »»
May 24, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

520 by NerdyTaco »»
May 16, 12:55 PM

» Why isn't the picture drama on the website?

APolygons2 - May 11

6 by Alexioos95 »»
May 11, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2018

205 by D_1_0 »»
May 5, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Apr 25, 5:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.