Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2009 8:24 PM

Jan 2008
Supernova1337 said:
Because a world filled with isolated fortresses would prosper, as opposed to one where all the kingdoms trade and benefit from each other... *face palm*

Stop trying to come up with stupid metaphors to hide the fact that you're bias, and just stop being bias. I don't fap to Yaoi, i'm not gay, and no one is making you fap to it either.

I didn't realize not finding something arousing meant you hated it... i must hate a lot of things...

I hate my wallpaper, and this keyboard, and that pen, and that lamp, and my remote control...

Wow, i never knew i was such a hateful person.

Actually, I was quoting a video game, because the quote is relevant and amusing. There is no such thing as an open mind. The closed mind belongs to those who disagree with you. Tellign someone to have an open mind is nothing more than a denigrative & dismissive way to get other people to agree with you without having to provide a justification for one's position. It is the Moral equivalent of your "face palm."

You go off on a tangent, probably to cover that your discomfort, about how you aren't gay -- like I care. You accuse me of having bias, thanks. The very act of perception means that we interpret the objective phenomenon. What we call unbiased is nothing more than the taking of an imperfect image and savaging out the most noticeable flaws. Knowing one's biases prevents one from putting them forth as an absolute truth.

Also, I never mentioned arousal at all, so I find it amusing that you feel that is the motive for my hatred. I will admit that I was using hate in the colloquial sense, similar to how I hate cauliflower and coconut & not in the pure sense of how I feel toward the willfully ignorant in their crusade to ensure that none know more than they.

I don't think you are very hateful, few people are comfortable with all of their emotions.

PS. Normally I would let it slide, but since you commented on the other person's grammar, I thought I should mention that it is "biased" & not just "bias" in both cases.
nexist418Jun 15, 2009 8:31 PM
Jun 15, 2009 8:38 PM

May 2008
C'mon guys, Everyone knows hatred is the Emperor's greatest gift to humanity.
Jun 15, 2009 9:21 PM

Apr 2009
nexist418 said:

Actually, I was quoting a video game, because the quote is relevant and amusing. There is no such thing as an open mind. The closed mind belongs to those who disagree with you. Tellign someone to have an open mind is nothing more than a denigrative & dismissive way to get other people to agree with you without having to provide a justification for one's position. It is the Moral equivalent of your "face palm."

You go off on a tangent, probably to cover that your discomfort, about how you aren't gay -- like I care. You accuse me of having bias, thanks. The very act of perception means that we interpret the objective phenomenon. What we call unbiased is nothing more than the taking of an imperfect image and savaging out the most noticeable flaws. Knowing one's biases prevents one from putting them forth as an absolute truth.

Also, I never mentioned arousal at all, so I find it amusing that you feel that is the motive for my hatred. I will admit that I was using hate in the colloquial sense, similar to how I hate cauliflower and coconut & not in the pure sense of how I feel toward the willfully ignorant in their crusade to ensure that none know more than they.

I don't think you are very hateful, few people are comfortable with all of their emotions.

PS. Normally I would let it slide, but since you commented on the other person's grammar, I thought I should mention that it is "biased" & not just "bias" in both cases.

There's no such thing as an open mind? I fail to see how that's true at all, nor is telling someone they have an open mind the equivalent of agreeing with them. If somebody told me that(for lack of a better example) they tried having sex with someone with a suffocation fetish, i wouldn't think they were doing the right thing endangering themselves, but I'd never be able to say they don't have an open mind...

Fine, arousal aside, there are only two logical reasons I can see as to why someone would hate yaoi. If i'm missing something, please dont hesitate to let me know.

1. You denounce homosexuals, which would be a little strange for someone in a yuri club

or 2. Yaoi does not appeal to you, sexually or otherwise. However, given that you are in a yuri club, yet you hate yaoi, you must be basing your hatred on your sexual orientation, because that is the only difference i can see between yaoi and yuri, the genders involved. Saying you hate the genre while admitting that you enjoy it's sexual opposite is hypocritical.
Jun 15, 2009 9:46 PM

Jan 2009
C'mon guys, aren't both of you taking either end of the extreme here? I can see and agree with some of both sides.

There is and isn't such a thing as an open mind. No one is utterly and completely open minded, people must be closed off and completely against some things, it's just the way we are. But to be generally open to things is the goal, basically to be neutral to some things (not all, just some).

The whole hate thing just got a little out of hand. Only one person wrote about it in a hateful manner, but the response was just as hateful.

I will say that I genuinely dislike yaoi and I will not want to read it and that is based off my sexual orientation, that I am in no way attracted to men. I wouldn't even read shounen-ai because I only want to read romances that I can relate to. That is my personal bias and there isn't anything wrong with it.
"Wish as hard as you can, and they will know your feelings" - Juri Arisugawa
Jun 15, 2009 9:48 PM

Jul 2008
This conversation went from lulzy and light to... well, just look. Where is the love? ;A;
I was having a good time reading about everyone and their outlook on life, and then this hate-train came along. Well, I suppose it's more of a philosophical hate-train, but still a locomotive filled with unhappy nonetheless. Do you know how big trains are?

Really. Big. D:
Jun 15, 2009 10:11 PM

Nov 2008
ShellySaurus said:
This conversation went from lulzy and light to lulzy and RAAAAAGE.

Fixed.
Jun 15, 2009 10:52 PM

Aug 2008
Hello peoples I just read this and was getting all happy inside by the shared feelings of acceptance. Then I saw some hate and got sad :(

SO BACK ON TRACK!

I'm a Hetro male!

I used to thing I was bi cause I used to have a major crush on a guy, in my middle school years. As it turned out though he wasn't into me so that was the end of that. After him though I could not find my self romantically infatuated with any other guy. Sure I can think a guy is hot (even though my tastes are kinda weird) but I could never find myself thinking I could love this person.

Girls on the other hand are so freaking cute I could squeal with delight! I had some semi to serious relationships after that with girls and found that I could quite easily love them! That one reason I love Yuri cause I think girls are so cute loving each other and I can dabble in Yaoi cause I think all true love is cute!

I like how tolerant though most of you female types are with us fanboys of yuri. I always think you'd be somewhat annoyed with us guys drooling over your love affiars.

So let the good feeling continue, and remember that being intolerant of intolerant people is rather paradoxical if I do say so myself ;) (and might I point out being tolerant of something doesn't mean you have to like it ex: I don't like crying babies, do I go around killing crying babies? No.... I do not... I TOLERATE them..)
Jun 15, 2009 11:44 PM

Jan 2008
Supernova1337 said:
There's no such thing as an open mind? I fail to see how that's true at all, nor is telling someone they have an open mind the equivalent of agreeing with them. If somebody told me that(for lack of a better example) they tried having sex with someone with a suffocation fetish, i wouldn't think they were doing the right thing endangering themselves, but I'd never be able to say they don't have an open mind...

Fine, arousal aside, there are only two logical reasons I can see as to why someone would hate yaoi. If i'm missing something, please dont hesitate to let me know.

1. You denounce homosexuals, which would be a little strange for someone in a yuri club

or 2. Yaoi does not appeal to you, sexually or otherwise. However, given that you are in a yuri club, yet you hate yaoi, you must be basing your hatred on your sexual orientation, because that is the only difference i can see between yaoi and yuri, the genders involved. Saying you hate the genre while admitting that you enjoy it's sexual opposite is hypocritical.

So you are saying that tolerating &/or engaging in fetishes is open-minded? If that's the criteria darling, I am probably the most open minded on this list, being as I have a 23.7% rating on the 1000 question purity test. Given that I meet your example, you have said that someone who has dated someone with a suffocation fetish has a closed mind.

Now, You make a rather bold statement, one which I actually found offensive. Where have I ever denounced homosexuals? Unless you can cite an example, I do expect an apology for that.

Your second point is stupid. Since I like romance stories about girls I have to like them about boys? Why? I don't like people in general, they are stupid, illogical and way to prone to parroting pat answers by rote rather than seeking truth. Since I am not attracted to men, why would I put aside my natural antipathy to the gender so as to read some romance when I can find those that tie into my natural sympathies and enjoy the story with little or no effort.
Jun 15, 2009 11:47 PM

Jan 2008
Juri21 said:
C'mon guys, aren't both of you taking either end of the extreme here? I can see and agree with some of both sides.

The whole hate thing just got a little out of hand. Only one person wrote about it in a hateful manner, but the response was just as hateful.

I will say that I genuinely dislike yaoi and I will not want to read it and that is based off my sexual orientation, that I am in no way attracted to men. I wouldn't even read shounen-ai because I only want to read romances that I can relate to. That is my personal bias and there isn't anything wrong with it.

You are being so reasonable. I think I will go torture the neighbors pets to relieve tension. By disliking Yaoi you must hate homos. I'll send you your official homophobe membership card tomorrow...
Jun 15, 2009 11:49 PM

Jan 2008
Akazukin said:
C'mon guys, Everyone knows hatred is the Emperor's greatest gift to humanity.

Burn the Heretic, Purge the Unclean. You will be absolved of your transgressions -- in Death!
Hail the Emperor.
Jun 16, 2009 1:00 AM

Nov 2008
I love how allot of topics in this club end up going on a random tangent.
Jun 16, 2009 8:11 AM

Jan 2008
miscs said:
I love how allot of topics in this club end up going on a random tangent.

I don't remember the name of it, but there is a "Law" that the longer a topic thread, the less likely it is to bear any relationship to the assigned topic title.
Jun 16, 2009 8:13 AM

Apr 2009
Female.
I went with "undecided" even though I'm almost 100% sure that I'm bi...
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jun 16, 2009 8:50 AM

Mar 2008
Female - I have experimented once before....but it's hard to actually find someone
Jun 16, 2009 9:06 AM

Mar 2008
Wow....I have REALLY bad timing on my posts >_-;;
Jun 16, 2009 9:31 AM

Apr 2009
nexist418 said:

So you are saying that tolerating &/or engaging in fetishes is open-minded? If that's the criteria darling, I am probably the most open minded on this list, being as I have a 23.7% rating on the 1000 question purity test. Given that I meet your example, you have said that someone who has dated someone with a suffocation fetish has a closed mind.

Now, You make a rather bold statement, one which I actually found offensive. Where have I ever denounced homosexuals? Unless you can cite an example, I do expect an apology for that.

Your second point is stupid. Since I like romance stories about girls I have to like them about boys? Why? I don't like people in general, they are stupid, illogical and way to prone to parroting pat answers by rote rather than seeking truth. Since I am not attracted to men, why would I put aside my natural antipathy to the gender so as to read some romance when I can find those that tie into my natural sympathies and enjoy the story with little or no effort.

But the reason i said you had a closed mind was completely unrelated to any of your sexual excursions.

I didn't say you had to watch it, did i? I just said you shouldn't "hate" it simply because you don't want to watch it. That's like me saying I hate kiddie shows. they're not aimed at me, how can i rightfully say i hate it? In the same way, yaoi isn't aimed at straight guys, so you are in no position to judge it.
Supernova141Jun 16, 2009 10:42 AM
Jun 16, 2009 10:15 AM

Dec 2007
Lol. I'll read all this stuff once my raging over MAL's lousy messaging system is over :D
Jun 16, 2009 10:52 AM

Jan 2008
Supernova1337 said:
I didn't say you had to watch it, did i? I just said you shouldn't "hate" it simply because you don't want to watch it. That's like me saying I hate kiddie shows. they're not aimed at me, how can i rightfully say i hate it? In the same way, yaoi isn't aimed at straight guys, so you are in no position to judge it.

You still haven't apologized for your slander. Is it really that hard to admit when you are wrong?

What is this "right" BS. I have the right to hate anything I want to hate -- whether it be puppies or war. As a discerning, sentient being I not only in a position to judge, it is my duty to not waste the abilities given to me and pass judgment on any and all things about me. The fear of judging is derived from the fear of committing which is one of the maladies afflicting the Modern World.

Btw, since "yaoi isn't aimed at straight guys" & you stated that you were straight, doesn't that invalidate your liking it as well? How old are you? Pick up a book on elementary logic.
Jun 16, 2009 11:46 AM

Apr 2009
nexist418 said:

You still haven't apologized for your slander. Is it really that hard to admit when you are wrong?

What is this "right" BS. I have the right to hate anything I want to hate -- whether it be puppies or war. As a discerning, sentient being I not only in a position to judge, it is my duty to not waste the abilities given to me and pass judgment on any and all things about me. The fear of judging is derived from the fear of committing which is one of the maladies afflicting the Modern World.

Btw, since "yaoi isn't aimed at straight guys" & you stated that you were straight, doesn't that invalidate your liking it as well? How old are you? Pick up a book on elementary logic.

I never said i liked Yaoi, i don't. I have no intention of ever seeing one. The point was I'm not judging or hating it, like you. Sure, you have the "right" to hate anything you want, but it doesn't necessarily make you a good person.
Jun 16, 2009 12:40 PM

Jan 2008
Supernova1337 said:
I never said i liked Yaoi, i don't. I have no intention of ever seeing one. The point was I'm not judging or hating it, like you. Sure, you have the "right" to hate anything you want, but it doesn't necessarily make you a good person.

I thought you had expressed a liking for Yaoi. Gomen. See how easy it is to apologize for mistakes.

I don't need to be a "good" person. I have accomplished things. My self worth is set upon what I have done, not based on some arbitrary set of standards that seem to have no purpose other than to sap the life & vitality out of living.
Jun 16, 2009 12:48 PM

Feb 2009
>.> *looks right <.< *looks left

I think the dust has settled maybe I can come out of hiding.

@supernova1337- I felt you when over board at the new person coming he might not come back now, he was just trying to be friendly. well it done now doesn't matter. but for the future you might be a little less grrr.

@nexist418- I don't want to get into a discussion about it but I feel like, you enjoy conflict and I'll be honest I find you a bit intimidating, especially seance you said that you don't like people, I get on peoples nerves very easily with out trying, I don't really know what I do to get that but I always feel disliked by the people around me. So I feel even more grrr
at me >.<

as for the real topic, I have another question. do girly like really girly lesbians exist? I'm sure a few here and there but what i mean is, are they so rare that its almost like a myth or do they rome around form time to time.
I not saying that you all are without femininity I am just curious about the really feminine types.

(>^.)> *goes back into hiding before they wage war upon me
-"Just an ordinary woman who won't ever regret, being with the person she loves."
(Rokujou Ruri, Azure Dream, manga)

-"Shinobu, even if this body should turn to ash, I will never leave you."
(Naitou Momoko, shoujo-sect, manga)
Jun 16, 2009 1:58 PM

Apr 2009
kaigen said:

@supernova1337- I felt you when over board at the new person coming he might not come back now, he was just trying to be friendly. well it done now doesn't matter. but for the future you might be a little less grrr.

Sorry, i'll back off ^- ^;

but do we really need someone who talks in 1337speak here anyway?
Jun 16, 2009 2:30 PM

Jan 2008
kaigen said:
@nexist418- I don't want to get into a discussion about it but I feel like, you enjoy conflict and I'll be honest I find you a bit intimidating, especially seance you said that you don't like people, I get on peoples nerves very easily with out trying, I don't really know what I do to get that but I always feel disliked by the people around me. So I feel even more grrr at me >.<

It's not so much that I enjoy conflict as that I am not afraid of conflict & I am unconcerned with people's opinion of me. I do believe in Dialectic as the most efficacious method for arriving at the truth. Let the ideas do battle and the strength of the truth will emerge victorious.

do girly like really girly lesbians exist?

Yes. My recollection puts the number of "girly" lesbians at about the same proportion as they exist int he straight population. There are "butch" straight girls as well.
Jun 16, 2009 6:16 PM

Dec 2007
Supernova1337 said:
kaigen said:

Sorry, i'll back off ^- ^;

but do we really need someone who talks in 1337speak here anyway?

| 5p34|< |337 y0!!1!

:D
Jun 16, 2009 6:23 PM
Jun 2008
nexist418 said:

Yes. My recollection puts the number of "girly" lesbians at about the same proportion as they exist int he straight population. There are "butch" straight girls as well.

Oh, totally. You just don't see them or you ignore them thinking they're "straight".
Jun 16, 2009 7:21 PM

Dec 2007
tehnominator said:
nexist418 said:

Oh, totally. You just don't see them or you ignore them thinking they're "straight".

Indeed, I know alot of them :P
Jun 16, 2009 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
Drocr said:
| 5p34|< |337 y0!!1!

J00 570p 7H47!!!
Jun 16, 2009 8:18 PM

Jan 2009
kaigen said:
as for the real topic, I have another question. do girly like really girly lesbians exist? I'm sure a few here and there but what i mean is, are they so rare that its almost like a myth or do they rome around form time to time.
I not saying that you all are without femininity I am just curious about the really feminine types.

Haha, just as tehnominator and Drocr said, yes they do exist. Which is a good thing for me since those are usually the ones that I date and are generally attracted to ^^. Not all lesbians have to be 'butch' or tomboys you know.

Oh, and what's wrong with a little l337 5p34|< ?
I think other girls that know l337 are hot actually, the nerdier the better ^_~.
Juri21Jun 16, 2009 8:22 PM
Jun 16, 2009 10:30 PM

Dec 2007
nexist418 said:
Drocr said:
| 5p34|< |337 y0!!1!

J00 570p 7H47!!!

|3|_|7,,, |3|_|7,,, | 1y|<3 |7!!1!

0|<4y,,, |'11 |33 g00c|! =)

Juri21 said:

Haha, just as tehnominator and Drocr said, yes they do exist. Which is a good thing for me since those are usually the ones that I date and are generally attracted to ^^. Not all lesbians have to be 'butch' or tomboys you know.

I have never seen a butch girl that is not gay XD

I think other girls that know l337 are hot actually, the nerdier the better ^_~.

Hahaha, I don't know if that is a compliment or insult haha. I suppose I'm a little nerdy... I 1337 speak various levels, photoshop, web design, web master, watch anime, read manga, love to read, play the flute... haha I could go on :p
Jun 17, 2009 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
Drocr said:

Okay, I'll give you that one >_<. I haven't seen straight butch girls either, heh. Unfortunately those are the ones that keep hitting on me TT_TT.

Drocr said:

Juri21 said:

Hahaha, I don't know if that is a compliment or insult haha. I suppose I'm a little nerdy... I 1337 speak various levels, photoshop, web design, web master, watch anime, read manga, love to read, play the flute... haha I could go on :p

Haha, no no that's a compliment! (at least coming from me ^^). The college I'm attending has a club where we wear the title "Nerd" as a badge of honor. We're called the Campus Nerds, and we're the biggest organization on campus, I'm also an officer ^_^. So when I call someone a nerd, it's a compliment.

........plus you can't be called anything but nerdy if you read and write l337. (^_~)v
Jun 17, 2009 5:55 AM

Feb 2009
nexist418 said:

It's not so much that I enjoy conflict as that I am not afraid of conflict & I am unconcerned with people's opinion of me. I do believe in Dialectic as the most efficacious method for arriving at the truth. Let the ideas do battle and the strength of the truth will emerge victorious.

@nexist418- I thought that might be the case, I know a student at UVA that was state champ at debate in high school. this girl can argue, point being that she is smart and knows how to bend words, what she is saying doesn't have to be the "truth" for her to win an argument.
"the truth always feels like a distant memory." (quote form big O, I think you would like it one of the major themes is the value of the truth and if people really what it or prefer ignorance. It also goes over the perspective of truth, and what it means to an individual.) "there is no one truth, but many truths." another quote.
the story is kind of wacky, and the ending is bizarre but a grate venture for the philosophical sort. ^_~b

I don't do t3h 1337 but I don't discourage people form using it if that is their way, I like to >.> emote quite frequently and I'm not the best speller (I think my grammar is at least passable) but no one shuns me =_=; I hope.

you can tell by my anime list alone that I= geek I work I.T. (not the level of nexist418) I play table top Strategy games, I play paper and pencil RPG's (D&D, world of darkness) I play video games ^_^ I do what ever I can not to face reality.(pathetic but, my life, I'll live it, my way)

(>^.)> *stops being bad and goes back to work.
-"Just an ordinary woman who won't ever regret, being with the person she loves."

Jun 17, 2009 7:48 AM

Jan 2008
Drocr said:
nexist418 said:
Drocr said:
| 5p34|< |337 y0!!1!

J00 570p 7H47!!!

D3F1|\|473lY 4 7r0|_|8l3 |\/|4|<3r

Drocr said:

I have -- or rather they were at least bisexual at the time. ;)

Drocr said:

Does anyone remember the T-Shirt hell shirt that said "Talk Nerdy To Me?"
Jun 17, 2009 8:01 AM

Feb 2009
nexist418 said:
Drocr said:
nexist418 said:
Drocr said:
| 5p34|< |337 y0!!1!

J00 570p 7H47!!!

D3F1||473lY 4 7r0|_|8l3 |/|4|<3r

I wasn't able to decipher the hole thing, but I think I get it =_=;

Does anyone remember the T-Shirt hell shirt that said "Talk Nerdy To
Me?"

yeah my good friend got it for his girl friend (now wife) I like that one I think, Thinkgeek.com might still have it around

Jun 17, 2009 8:05 AM

Jan 2008
kaigen said:
@nexist418- I thought that might be the case, I know a student at UVA that was state champ at debate in high school. this girl can argue, point being that she is smart and knows how to bend words, what she is saying doesn't have to be the "truth" for her to win an argument.

I try to avoid Sophistry, and I recognize equivocation as a logical fallacy. If you guard against these two items, you can ensure that the "truth" or at least a reasonable representation of it, is victorious. A debate is much like the battles in the Samurai films, the person who defines the pace and setting usually wins.

kaigen said:
"the truth always feels like a distant memory." (quote form big O, I think you would like it one of the major themes is the value of the truth and if people really what it or prefer ignorance. It also goes over the perspective of truth, and what it means to an individual.) "there is no one truth, but many truths." another quote.

I feel it is more accurate to state that there is one truth but many interpretations of that truth. This also means that no one has the complete picture, though many may have a more complete picture.

kaigen said:
I don't do t3h 1337 but I don't discourage people form using it if that is their way, I like to >.> emote quite frequently and I'm not the best speller (I think my grammar is at least passable) but no one shuns me =_=; I hope.

So long as you avoid attacking people for their grammar you should be fine. Attacking people's spelling, grammar, etc is typically a sign that you cannot counter their actual argument. This is doubly so on a multi-lingual forum where many people do not speak English as a native language. When one criticizes a Brazilian for their poor English grammar, one is merely showing their boorishness -- especially if your command of Portuguese is confined to Babelfish. Not that this is different than pointing out the irony of someone attacking someone's grammar with a post that would make a 5th grade English teacher cry.

kaigen said:
you can tell by my anime list alone that I= geek I work I.T. (not the level of nexist418) I play table top Strategy games, I play paper and pencil RPG's (D&D, world of darkness) I play video games ^_^ I do what ever I can not to face reality.(pathetic but, my life, I'll live it, my way)

When I go back to school, it is my intent to study anything but computers. I am sick of working in IT. As for Geek Cred, I was playing D&D in 1977. I played with my first computer around 1975. I taught myself BASIC in 1981. I read Sci-Fi/Fantasy/'Horror.' I tend to favor RTS style Video games. This is all when I am not reading books on Philosophy/Religion/Occultism. I also cook and attend music concerts & the Theatre
Jun 17, 2009 8:50 AM

Feb 2009
"Sophistry"/ "equivocation " I'll admit I had to look up these words.
"This is all when I am not reading books on Philosophy/Religion/Occultism. I also cook and attend music concerts & the Theatre" you make me look like an uncultured swine ^_^;

nexist418 said:

I try to avoid Sophistry, and I recognize equivocation as a logical fallacy. If you guard against these two items, you can ensure that the "truth" or at least a reasonable representation of it, is victorious. A debate is much like the battles in the Samurai films, the person who defines the pace and setting usually wins.

I feel it is more accurate to state that there is one truth but many interpretations of that truth. This also means that no one has the complete picture, though many may have a more complete picture.

When I go back to school, it is my intent to study anything but computers. I am sick of working in IT. As for Geek Cred, I was playing D&D in 1977. I played with my first computer around 1975. I taught myself BASIC in 1981. I read Sci-Fi/Fantasy/'Horror.' I tend to favor RTS style Video games.

you are a blob of philosophical fun!!!! I love this stuff, It's to bad I'm cursed with such hatred for books (see My personal paradox; on my page) but I have a chance at redemption for the hatred every time I meet someone like you <(=_=)> *bows to your knowledge.

how long have you been in I.T? I'm new to it (1 year no collage) what type of RTS do you play? micromanage vs. send the troops and see what happens

Jun 17, 2009 9:12 AM

Jan 2008
Dictionary.com and Wikipedia are your friends!

kaigen said:
you are a blob of philosophical fun!!!! I love this stuff, It's to bad I'm cursed with such hatred for books (see My personal paradox; on my page) but I have a chance at redemption for the hatred every time I meet someone like you <(=_=)> *bows to your knowledge.

how long have you been in I.T? I'm new to it (1 year no collage) what type of RTS do you play? micromanage vs. send the troops and see what happens

Well, I have been going to the gym, so the blob part is going away. ;)

I wrote vertical market applications from 1988-93, then worked Technical Support from 1993-98 & I have been doing Quality Assurance/Testing from 1998 to the present.
Jun 17, 2009 9:36 AM

Feb 2009
Dictionary.com and Wikipedia are indeed my friends! I would be a lost soul without them ^_^

I work Technical Support at a basic level, help desk analyst. you have the experience of a grizzled veteran ^_~b

your metaphorical blob-ness stays!!!

you should accept the invite to the "I wish I was a lesbian club" XD

and I still think you would like Big O at least for Schwarzwald, he is a hard character to fallow, he is constantly going on about some cool idea but I didn't always understand T_T give it a shot sometime.

Jun 17, 2009 10:47 AM

Dec 2007
Juri21 said:

Haha, no no that's a compliment! (at least coming from me ^^). The college I'm attending has a club where we wear the title "Nerd" as a badge of honor. We're called the Campus Nerds, and we're the biggest organization on campus, I'm also an officer ^_^. So when I call someone a nerd, it's a compliment.

........plus you can't be called anything but nerdy if you read and write l337. (^_~)v

I was in the band, so technically that can be like a geek club? Though none of the school really considered us geeks xD We got along great with all the other cliques xD

Hey, hey, I suppose that is true :p But it only took me 5 mins to learn to read and write it :)

nexist418 said:

|5 |7 700 0|3\/|0|_|5 j00 7|-|||\||<??!?1!
| 1||<3 |33||\|g 7r0|_||313 =)

nexist said:

Lol no but I want to see it :D

ALSO we need more of the guys here in the I wish I was a lesbian club ;D
Jun 17, 2009 11:44 AM

Jan 2008
Drocr said:
I was in the band, so technically that can be like a geek club? Though none of the school really considered us geeks xD We got along great with all the other cliques xD

Hey, hey, I suppose that is true :p But it only took me 5 mins to learn to read and write it :)

I was in drama, band, choir, speech & Student Gov. In college, the drama majors through the best parties. Though my Choir was banned from a city and forced to drop out of the competition due to some difficulties (I think the technical term used by the police was rioting, but that was an exaggeration).

Drocr said:
nexist418 said:

|5 |7 700 0|3/|0|_|5 j00 7|-|||||<??!?1!
| 1||<3 |33|||g 7r0|_||313 =)

7|-|3r3 15 4 Pl345|_|r3 \/\/|-|1<h 0|\|lY 73|-| <0|\|fU510n 0f 13553R |\/|1|\|d5 <4|\| pR0\/1d3.

Drocr said:
nexist said:

Lol no but I want to see it :D

ALSO we need more of the guys here in the I wish I was a lesbian club ;D

T-Shirt Hell

I am of two minds on the club. While I can empathize with the idea & while I get along with lesbians better than most other people, I have no real over-riding desire to counter the karmic inheritance of this lifetime. I don't really feel that my biological gender is a mistake -- a shame perhaps -- but not a mistake.

Then again, mayhaps I am over-thinking again.
Jun 17, 2009 12:06 PM

May 2008
I can see no advantage to being a lesbian in my current situation. It would only result in an extra set of complications that I would rather not deal with. Being male is something I am perfectly happy with.
Jun 17, 2009 12:07 PM

Dec 2007
Yeah I think you are just overthinking it nexist haha.
Sweet t-shirt!

nexist said:
7|-|3r3 15 4 Pl345|_|r3 \/\/|-|1<h 0|\|lY 73|-| <0|\|fU510n 0f 13553R |\/|1|\|d5 <4|\| pR0\/1d3.

7|-|47 |/\|45 50r74 r4|\|d0|\/| 70 |/\||-|47 | |-|4d 54|d. 101, |3|_|7 |f j00 4r3 r3f3r||\|g 70 7|-|053 7|-|47 |-|4\/3 |\|0 <1|_|3 |/\||-|47 \/\/3 4r3 54j||\|g 7|-|4|\|. j35. | f||\|d |>l345|_|r3 ||\| |7!!1!,
Jun 17, 2009 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
Drocr said:
Sweet t-shirt!

A common fault of mine.

Drocr said:
nexist said:
7|-|3r3 15 4 Pl345|_|r3 //|-|1<h 0||lY 73|-| <0||fU510n 0f 13553R |/|1||d5 <4|| pR0/1d3.

7|-|47 |/|45 50r74 r4||d0|/| 70 |/||-|47 | |-|4d 54|d. 101, |3|_|7 |f j00 4r3 r3f3r|||g 70 7|-|053 7|-|47 |-|4/3 ||0 <1|_|3 |/||-|47 //3 4r3 54j|||g 7|-|4||. j35. | f|||d |>l345|_|r3 ||| |7!!1!,

P3r|-|4P5. 1 7h0|_|6h7 17 F10\/\/3|>. 1F j00 <4|\|n07 83 U|\|d3r5700|> 7|-|3n j00 5|-|0|_|l|> 60 F0r |\/|4><1|\/|uM |>4m463!!11!
Jun 17, 2009 12:28 PM
Jun 2008
nexist418 said:
Drocr said:
Sweet t-shirt!

A common fault of mine.

Drocr said:
nexist said:
7|-|3r3 15 4 Pl345|_|r3 //|-|1<h 0||lY 73|-| <0||fU510n 0f 13553R |/|1||d5 <4|| pR0/1d3.

7|-|47 |/|45 50r74 r4||d0|/| 70 |/||-|47 | |-|4d 54|d. 101, |3|_|7 |f j00 4r3 r3f3r|||g 70 7|-|053 7|-|47 |-|4/3 ||0 <1|_|3 |/||-|47 //3 4r3 54j|||g 7|-|4||. j35. | f|||d |>l345|_|r3 ||| |7!!1!,

P3r|-|4P5. 1 7h0|_|6h7 17 F10//3|>. 1F j00 <4||n07 83 U||d3r5700|> 7|-|3n j00 5|-|0|_|l|> 60 F0r |/|4><1|/|uM |>4m463!!11!

Wtf speak the English on my internets.
Jun 17, 2009 12:46 PM

Jan 2008
tehnominator said:
Wtf speak the English on my internets.

Please provide a receipt to substantiate your claim of this being "your" internets (sic).

|-|4h4 8|_|rN5 73|-| n008!!!11!

;)
Jun 17, 2009 12:48 PM

Feb 2009
nexist418 said:
Drocr said:
Sweet t-shirt!

A common fault of mine.

I am down right proud of who and what I am, I wouldn't have it any other way, for the past. I think it would be cool to walk a few miles in a lesbians shoes I don't feel like I want the hole kashimashi thing to happen to me but if it did I'd take it in stride. the club isn't to literally, wish for that just... more of a... >.>;
Ok I'll give I don't know what else to say, =_=; I'll leave it at that.

Jun 17, 2009 12:53 PM

Feb 2009
nexist418 said:

|-|4h4 8|_|rN5 73|-| n008!!!11!
;)

you two are really enjoying this ^_^ thought I will admit trying to read it, I have been able to pick up some, I realize its not that hard but it still takes time to translate or learn.
"haha burns t3h noob"

you have a funny way with words ^_~b

Jun 17, 2009 1:09 PM

Jan 2008
I have a T-Shirt which reads:

1f j00 <4n R34d 7h15 j00 r34lly n33d 70 637 l14d!
Jun 17, 2009 1:15 PM
Jun 2008
nexist418 said:
I have a T-Shirt which reads:

1f j00 <4n R34d 7h15 j00 r34lly n33d 70 637 l14d!

I guess I need to get laid, then.
Jun 17, 2009 1:17 PM

Jan 2008
Most do
Jun 17, 2009 1:21 PM

Dec 2007
Nexist said:
P3r|-|4P5. 1 7h0|_|6h7 17 F10//3|>. 1F j00 <4||n07 83 U||d3r5700|> 7|-|3n j00 5|-|0|_|l|> 60 F0r |/|4><1|/|uM |>4m463!!11!

This one is a bit confusing haha correct me if I wrong (which I'm sure I am)

Perhaps. I thought it flowed. If you cannot be understood then you should go for maximum damage.

|-|4|-|4 | 7|-|||\||< 7|-|3 f4<7 j00 574r73|> <|-|4|\|6||\|6 7|-|3 l3\/3l 0f 1337 |5 |/\||-|47 <0|\|f|_|53|> |\/|3. | |>0|\|7 |<|\|0\/\/ 4ll 7|-|3 l3\/3lz. r0fl<0p73r<4|<3z!!!1!

@kaigen- I am enjoying this! I don't get to 1337 speak often :p
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which type of shoujo-ai/yuri pairings do you like the most? ( 1 2 )

Louchan - Jul 12, 2009

61 by removed-user »»
Jun 12, 2023 9:25 AM

» Ouji-sama nante iranai by Harushion (not on mal!, 200 pages) - Marimite/class-s like

Wannabiteme - Jun 4, 2023

1 by JB-94 »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:17 AM

» what kind of Shoujo-ai &amp; Yuri do you like ? ( 1 2 )

pitman - Aug 3, 2007

85 by HaruHaruLove »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:32 AM

» What anime made you cry? ( 1 2 )

deletemeplzz - Sep 11, 2009

57 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 13, 2023 11:26 AM

» The boundaries of yuri (+ shoujo ai as for mal) - genderbender, crossdressing etc

Wannabiteme - Feb 25, 2016

4 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 12, 2023 5:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.