Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 11, 2012 12:57 AM

Mar 2011
Shih said:
The plot feels childish. The characters' actions feel unreal.
The fantasy world is just a mirror image of the real world... filler? = =|
Battle scenes are boring... One side gets owned, then it suddenly switches....
Lost interest... Sigh.
At least ED is enjoyable.

Well its meant to be childish, these girls just entered middleschool. They must be like 12 or 13 years old, thats why its somewhat understandable to see them behave in a somewhat inmature and illogical manner. I also like to point out that this show was never meant to be realistic or have any sort of deep plot. It seems people still dont understand that.
Feb 11, 2012 2:13 AM

Oct 2009
Oh how I'd hoped the action scenes in the TV series weren't going to be just eye-candy like in the OVA. But they managed to let me down once again.
Feb 11, 2012 4:13 AM

Jun 2011
Yeah for Black Gold Saw! I can't wait to see who she is.

It looked like at the end there that Dead Master will become more of an antagonist. Wait, so Black Rock Shooter killed Chariot? Then what's gonna happen to Kagari?
Feb 11, 2012 4:47 AM
Feb 2012
I remembered that in the end of the OVA Mato and BRS met and Fused into 1 so the two world is connected right ?
Feb 11, 2012 4:57 AM

Jan 2012
woahh that's one hell of battlefield there... and Kagari is so cruel to carve the heart in Yomi's (upper) chest.

so Yomi is entraped in her past that she thought she made Kagari lost her legs and minds. she is feeling guilty for it and then do whatever Kagari orders her, but actually Yomi is just afraid. Mato is just yelling outside the hospital room (i wonder why there are no nurses or doctors telling her to quiet... it's HOSPITAL!!!) LOL

end of battle: red saw-sword fighter appears, Kagari's head was cut by BRS, but in reality it's Yomi who is together with Kagari.

so why is Yomi crying?
will Kagari back to her good side? i thought she was smiling after all

okay... just waiting for the next episodes. i wonder why there are no previews
Feb 11, 2012 5:00 AM

Sep 2008
Wow.. that was terrible.. Mari Okada really lose herself writing this.

Dear god.. After Blood-C, Guilty Crown now this.. can't just I can enjoy anime with good sakuga from excellent people like I.G's crew and Imaishi without sanity breaking story/script? :(

I can't bear bad stories like Infinite Stratos but awful stuff like this its just too friggin' offensive.

And I'm gonna watch this until the very end because I'm masochist.
Feb 11, 2012 6:06 AM

May 2009
Let me get this straight: Kagari got run over by a car because of her own recklessness, became paralyzed for some time, yet Takanashi and her mother decided to put up with every little whine and tantrum she throws because they feel they're guilty for what they have done?! This conflict makes no sense whatsoever!! They didn't do a damn single thing, if anything Kagari should be the one to blame or her parents (and seriously where are Kagari's parents?!) that didn't pay attention to what she was doing or the guy who couldn't see a girl that was clearly standing right in front of him!
Feb 11, 2012 6:11 AM

Apr 2009
Worst. Drama. Ever.
Feb 11, 2012 6:16 AM

Oct 2011
I want less QQ moar pewpew
This fails to deliver
St-HubertFeb 11, 2012 6:19 AM
Feb 11, 2012 6:28 AM

May 2008
Definitely an improvement from episode 1, but still pretty rushed. The action scenes are probably the best and I'm sure they'll continue to be that way. Kagari is just...crazy as all hell. Seriously, that girl needs serious therapy.

Seriously, if you don't like the show, DON'T WATCH IT. Don't waste your time complaining about it and go watch something else. I'm seeing a trend and it's starting to get really annoying.
Feb 11, 2012 6:34 AM

Apr 2008
Raziel1991 said:
Shih said:
Lost interest... Sigh.

Well its meant to be childish, these girls just entered middleschool. They must be like 12 or 13 years old, thats why its somewhat understandable to see them behave in a somewhat inmature and illogical manner. I also like to point out that this show was never meant to be realistic or have any sort of deep plot. It seems people still dont understand that.

It doesn't matter if the story is about elementary school kids, teens or adults, or even if it's realistic, symbolic or absurd. The story is childish, because the writing is immature, like it was written by an amateur writer. That's a BIG problem. Even a silly story that doesn't take itself seriously can be well written.

The problem so far is that the "battle" world doesn't add much to the story. And the "real" world drama is too forced. I still have hope this anime can turn out to be decent.
Feb 11, 2012 6:41 AM

Sep 2008
kiz-chan said:
Raziel1991 said:
Shih said:
Lost interest... Sigh.

The problem so far is that the "battle" world doesn't add much to the story. And the "real" world drama is too forced. I still have hope this anime can turn out to be decent.
Its supposed to be like that IMO

And I have no problem with that as I do with the OAV, the problem is the "drama" part is unbearable :/
Feb 11, 2012 6:43 AM

Apr 2011
The drama between Yomi and Kagari did feel pretty fake ... not that there's nobody who'd be an evil, sadistic little bitch enough to do that to someone (I'm sure there are), or that Yomi was enough of a doormat to allow it to happen, but what weirds me out is that Yomi's mom seems to buy into it 100% when she should see not only how terribly wrong their relationship is, but that Yomi's obviously being emotionally and physically abused. I have to admit I didn't want the little blonde bitch to get redeemed, I'd prefer she be thrown out a window. At the end, though the fantasy-version of her got beheaded (and BOY did I cheer!), it looks like she's the one back in control at the end. Possibly because of the intervention of red devil-girl?
Feb 11, 2012 8:34 AM

May 2010
I don't even.
Feb 11, 2012 10:07 AM

Jun 2010
Must. Still. Hope.

Hopefully episode three does better than this....if not I'm gonna drop it... :/
Feb 11, 2012 10:47 AM

Oct 2011
I really don't get all the hate.. What are you people even expecting..?

I just.. whatisthisIdonteven...
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 11, 2012 11:11 AM

Sep 2010
BRSxIgnition said:

I really don't get why you AREN'T expecting anything? Is it so wrong to hope for at least a remotely decent work from something that has such an interesting concept. The game was very nice imo. The manga's interesting too. So why is it so hard to understand the hate when the anime is just so... poorly done. As I said b4 when I watch a show titled Black Rock Shooter I would think the show would actually be ABOUT Black Rock Shooter. :P
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Feb 11, 2012 11:19 AM

Apr 2011
This scar makes fan service, lmao!

Cookies are a dangerous weapon - remember.

Yes, finally BlackRock Shooter goes for the fight, not only gets a hiding!
And BlackGold Saw did something, not only uses this big red eye.

I like this Black Rock Shooter design, it's not that bad.
But Mato still looks... poorly. But it's improving (slightly, but is).

I dunno what think about it. So I don't issue the judgment. Yet.
I hope that this series will be better in next episodes.
If it isn't, I will drop it - as the person above me.
Feb 11, 2012 11:41 AM

Apr 2010
BRSxIgnition said:

It's not bad, only if their reactions weren't so forced and derpy.
Feb 11, 2012 12:01 PM

Mar 2009
I for one think this is fantastic so far!

Why is it so hard to make the connection between the worlds?
I think it fits together perfectly, it's materializing their inner struggles.

I just don't understand why that's so hard to get.

Better than the first episode.
And, at first I felt I like the animation/art of the OVA better, but this is growing on me.
I especially like their character designs in the "real" world. Especially Mato's.

Can't wait for the next episode. I just wish niconicodougadouga didn't take down the previous episode. I would really like to watch the episodes more than once to fully grasp everything.

Guess I'll just have to make sure I re-watch them before they're taken down.
I hope Aniplex releases this in the States, but doesn't charge too much for it.
I'll definitely buy it if the price points not ridiculous.

Urahara Out!!
Feb 11, 2012 12:47 PM

Jul 2010
Ugh Kagari, I can't stand her. Anyway, what happened to her in the end? Did her evil side get banished (because she got beheaded in the alternate world) like exorcism or something?

The fights are pretty good but the drama feels forced and the pace is still a bit too fast (only 8 episodes). Let's see how it'll turn out in episode 3.

Feb 11, 2012 12:50 PM

Oct 2011
Khaoticsuccubus said:
BRSxIgnition said:

I really don't get why you AREN'T expecting anything? Is it so wrong to hope for at least a remotely decent work from something that has such an interesting concept. The game was very nice imo. The manga's interesting too. So why is it so hard to understand the hate when the anime is just so... poorly done. As I said b4 when I watch a show titled Black Rock Shooter I would think the show would actually be ABOUT Black Rock Shooter. :P

It's not what I'm not expecting, it's that I know what to expect. I actually think this is better than the Manga, and the game is okay at best.

If I had to rate the BRS spin-offs of the image from best to worst, it would be: BRS OVA, BRS TV, BRS Manga, BRS Game.

I say this because the original image was simply about a girl with a massive gun in a dark, bleak world. It was never about empty cities, a weak, emotional BRS, and organizations with stupid amounts of Yuri fan-service like in the manga. It was never about a future with an apocalypse with robots and aliens like in the game.

The OVA and Anime best translate what little is said in the images:
"This Girl rarely shows emotions, lives in a bleak world, and fights against others similar to her."

I have been following BRS since the very first artworks, and I believe that as an IP, it is definitely best based around this dual-world mechanic. It answers the "Why are they fighting? Why is the world like this?" questions without asking the characters to speak or break their images that they started with. BRS was never the talking type, so why are you idiots thinking there needs to be some massive plot in the other world? It's an 8 episode anime, based off a single set of images. I think based on that, it's very well done.

I don't see why you have massively high expectations knowing (Or maybe because you don't know?) these facts.

Chances are, if they made BRS talk, it wouldn't match the image people had of her, and would just ruin it more. Look what happened to Samus in "Other M"
BRSxIgnitionFeb 11, 2012 12:56 PM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Feb 11, 2012 12:56 PM

Apr 2009
Solkiskey said:
BRSxIgnition said:

My, my. My thoughts exactly. Some may say that this is drama - that's quite wrong, because drama originates from something serious and of a true nature (usually drama is strongly connected with verisimilitude of emotions). Then, maybe melodrama? After all, that's the genre featuring exaggerated feelings, stereotypical characters, and doesn't even try to be too serious about that. Damn, not this one too - after all BRS seems to be treating itself quite seriously. And here comes the term perfectly reflecting this series. It's loldrama - it happens when drama is so forced, and so un-fucking-natural that you actually start to find it hilarious. And it fits BRS perfectly - it's so goddamn forced and unnatural that I'm not sure whether I shouldn't actually laugh at certain moments... Although I dare to say that the fighting scenes are done better than I had expected, and the other world does its work as a feelings-to-battle mirror quite well.

2/5 for this episode.

Feb 11, 2012 1:05 PM

Oct 2011
Blackiris said:
Solkiskey said:
BRSxIgnition said:

My, my. My thoughts exactly. Some may say that this is drama - that's quite wrong, because drama originates from something serious and of a true nature (usually drama is strongly connected with verisimilitude of emotions). Then, maybe melodrama? After all, that's the genre featuring exaggerated feelings, stereotypical characters, and doesn't even try to be too serious about that. Damn, not this one too - after all BRS seems to be treating itself quite seriously. And here comes the term perfectly reflecting this series. It's loldrama - it happens when drama is so forced, and so un-fucking-natural that you actually start to find it hilarious. And it fits BRS perfectly - it's so goddamn forced and unnatural that I'm not sure whether I shouldn't actually laugh at certain moments... Although I dare to say that the fighting scenes are done better than I had expected, and the other world does its work as a feelings-to-battle mirror quite well.

2/5 for this episode.

I just don't see how the drama is forced. I hate cheesy, forced drama moments as much as you or the next person, but I don't see how that is the case here.

Yomi has been forced by her family and Kagari's to be at Kagari's side almost all the time. After the accident that happened to Kagari, she became a darker person, and began to take advantage of this. The reason Yomi is so conflicted, is because she's always never had to worry about having friends. Anyone who tried to be her friend would just be turned away and give up, but Mato didn't give up, and because she is the first one to fight so hard for her friendship, it gives her conflicting emotions. Should she stay with Kagari like their families want - and force Mato away? Should she stand up for what she wants, and hurt Kagari and her family?

I really don't see how any of this is forced, seeing as it could easily happen in real life when families and friends are pushed to that extent - especially at the ages the girls are at in this anime. Similar drama has happened to me before - forgoing the alternative world though.. Haha.

Anyway, have an open mind. Just because you don't have drama like that in your life, doesn't mean it never happens in the world.
Feb 11, 2012 1:45 PM

Apr 2009
BRSxIgnition said:
Blackiris said:
Solkiskey said:
BRSxIgnition said:

2/5 for this episode.

I just don't see how the drama is forced. I hate cheesy, forced drama moments as much as you or the next person, but I don't see how that is the case here.

Yomi has been forced by her family and Kagari's to be at Kagari's side almost all the time. After the accident that happened to Kagari, she became a darker person, and began to take advantage of this. The reason Yomi is so conflicted, is because she's always never had to worry about having friends. Anyone who tried to be her friend would just be turned away and give up, but Mato didn't give up, and because she is the first one to fight so hard for her friendship, it gives her conflicting emotions. Should she stay with Kagari like their families want - and force Mato away? Should she stand up for what she wants, and hurt Kagari and her family?

I really don't see how any of this is forced, seeing as it could easily happen in real life when families and friends are pushed to that extent - especially at the ages the girls are at in this anime. Similar drama has happened to me before - forgoing the alternative world though.. Haha.

Anyway, have an open mind. Just because you don't have drama like that in your life, doesn't mean it never happens in the world.

Woah, woah, wait right there! I'm not really sure know whether you're actually serious, trolling, or you decide to remain oblivious to the obvious. I'll allow myself to begin with what you stated in bold - as it's quite invidious for me. I have had quite a bit of drama in my life, and I know how people tend to react to such situations and I know what it means to suffer mentally - and that's all the more a reason why I can criticize such cheesy and pretentious loldrama as it's presented in BRS.
You don't really need to summarize everything for me, we're watching the same series after all, and I dare to say that I have no issues regarding comprehension of visual and audible material.

The premise is fine, it's well-thought and gives a vast range of possibilities, which are - sadly - nowhere to be found in the series. Project yourself onto the main heroine, and ponder whether you'd really wait a few hours for someone met a day or two ago. Would you care enough to make a ruckus in hell as if the ninth circle of hell was about to manifest on Earth? Would you cry, have nightmares, suffer on the inside, and was losing it just because a bratty sister of your newly met pal teased you? Would you? I dare to say you'd not. I will skip the use of fancy tropes, such as a metaphor about little birds, as it's only natural to spice things up a bit by using words completely unfitting the characters. But what about Yomi, the Dead Master? She certainly may feel a bit guilty about that whole thing from the past when her sis hurt herself in an accident. Sure. But for fuck's sake - letting your younger sister tease torment you to such a level? Using an idle to carve a heart-like symbol on your skin? Forcing you to eat cookies? Threatening you mentally? What the hell? Is she autistic, or what? If someone there needs a consultation with a psychiatrist, it's her - not that sister.

I will state that one more - BRS is a series with an excellent premise, fancy fight scenes, catchy music, and inane plot (over)spiced with loldrama.

Feb 11, 2012 2:13 PM

Mar 2009
Blackiris said:
I will state that one more - BRS is a series with an excellent premise, fancy fight scenes, catchy music, and inane plot (over)spiced with loldrama.

That is just your opinion, quit trying to act like what you think is pure fact!
Who made you God?
Feb 11, 2012 2:16 PM

Sep 2010
MrHatandClogs said:
Blackiris said:

Who made you God?

But it is fact... whether or not you like to ignore it is on you though (^_~)v
Feb 11, 2012 2:26 PM

Oct 2011
Blackiris said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Blackiris said:
Solkiskey said:
BRSxIgnition said:

2/5 for this episode.

Woah, woah, wait right there! I'm not really sure know whether you're actually serious, trolling, or you decide to remain oblivious to the obvious. I'll allow myself to begin with what you stated in bold - as it's quite invidious for me. I have had quite a bit of drama in my life, and I know how people tend to react to such situations and I know what it means to suffer mentally - and that's all the more a reason why I can criticize such cheesy and pretentious loldrama as it's presented in BRS.
You don't really need to summarize everything for me, we're watching the same series after all, and I dare to say that I have no issues regarding comprehension of visual and audible material.

The premise is fine, it's well-thought and gives a vast range of possibilities, which are - sadly - nowhere to be found in the series. Project yourself onto the main heroine, and ponder whether you'd really wait a few hours for someone met a day or two ago. Would you care enough to make a ruckus in hell as if the ninth circle of hell was about to manifest on Earth? Would you cry, have nightmares, suffer on the inside, and was losing it just because a bratty sister of your newly met pal teased you? Would you? I dare to say you'd not. I will skip the use of fancy tropes, such as a metaphor about little birds, as it's only natural to spice things up a bit by using words completely unfitting the characters. But what about Yomi, the Dead Master? She certainly may feel a bit guilty about that whole thing from the past when her sis hurt herself in an accident. Sure. But for fuck's sake - letting your younger sister tease torment you to such a level? Using an idle to carve a heart-like symbol on your skin? Forcing you to eat cookies? Threatening you mentally? What the hell? Is she autistic, or what? If someone there needs a consultation with a psychiatrist, it's her - not that sister.

I may not do that, but who are you to say nobody would wait that long? And nobody would do other things that the characters here do?

You can say the exact same things for Madoka Magica, which in my eyes, has much more "loldrama" than BRS. In comparison, Madoka is not as good as BRS when it comes to execution and delivery of the action, drama, plot, and emotions.

Just because a character acts differently than what you'd do or what you expect, it makes it a horrible?

I'd love to see what you consider good.

Blackiris said:
She certainly may feel a bit guilty about that whole thing from the past when her sis hurt herself in an accident. Sure. But for fuck's sake - letting your younger sister tease torment you to such a level? Using an idle to carve a heart-like symbol on your skin? Forcing you to eat cookies? Threatening you mentally? What the hell? Is she autistic, or what? If someone there needs a consultation with a psychiatrist, it's her - not that sister.

When both families think that she needs to be there for Kagari, and she doesn't want to go against them, then I think I would be in the same position as Yomi, and be thinking the same way.

Once again, just because it isn't how you would act, or what you think is right, doesn't make it bad or wrong. Please stop being so close-minded.

Khaoticsuccubus said:
MrHatandClogs said:
Blackiris said:

Who made you God?

But it is fact... whether or not you like to ignore it is on you though (^_~)v

I'd love to see where all these people get their arogance from. You can think something, that's fine. You can debate about it on these forums, that's fine too.

But don't assume it's "fact" and assume everyone else is wrong. You're the one ignoring things at that point, and the joke is on you.
BRSxIgnitionFeb 11, 2012 2:33 PM
Feb 11, 2012 2:56 PM

Apr 2008
dafuq.

abstract art in mah animu?
Feb 11, 2012 3:00 PM

Dec 2009
I'm starting to like this more, I really like the colors of this episode. The blonde girl that I forgot the name is scary, but I kinda like her. ~
Feb 11, 2012 3:16 PM

Apr 2009
MrHatandClogs said:
Blackiris said:

Who made you God?

I'm an ignostic, and the concept of God is irrelevant to me. And it certainly is nothing more but an opinion. Everything we say is but an opinion. But you see, in this very case it's like showing a green apple to two people. One of them says "In my opinion this apple is red," and the second one says "And in my opinion it's green."
Both of them merely stated their respective opinions, but only of them was right. And that's how what we argue about is like.

BRSxIgnition said:
I may not do that, but who are you to say nobody would wait that long? And nobody would do other things that the characters here do?

You can say the exact same things for Madoka Magica, which in my eyes, has much more "loldrama" than BRS. In comparison, Madoka is not as good as BRS when it comes to execution and delivery of the action, drama, plot, and emotions.

Just because a character acts differently than what you'd do or what you expect, it makes it a horrible?

I'd love to see what you consider good.

I am no one, I merely stated what's believed to be the most common and natural thing to do in a given situation. And yeah, I agree with you on Madoka - it's fairly overrated and offers an entire pile of nothing. I would also say that thus far BRS is better than Madoka on every single layer but music and characters' voices. But that's irrelevant to what we're talking about.

And for the sake of everything that's logical, I'm not saying that BRS is bad because characters act in a different way than I would expect them to (in fact, if that was so, the series would be terrible), but because every single bit of drama is forced down my throat. You may want to call it an overexposition of emotions combined with their illogical nature.

But hey - it's a matter of tastes, right? I may prefer a more realistic approach to certain things, and someone else can enjoy things as they are. There's no point in arguing too much about nuances of this kind, really. You like it? You do. You stated you opinion, and that's fine. I don't like? I don't. I stated my opinion, and that's it. No matter which opinion is right, the most important thing in anime is not to argue over it, but to enjoy it.

Feb 11, 2012 3:25 PM

Oct 2011
Blackiris said:
And for the sake of everything that's logical, I'm not saying that BRS is bad because characters act in a different way than I would expect them to (in fact, if that was so, the series would be terrible), but because every single bit of drama is forced down my throat. You may want to call it an overexposition of emotions combined with their illogical nature.

I think that the emotions are being purposefully done that way, because this anime focuses so much on the emotions of people. It may seem over-exposed because of the length of the anime, if it was longer, they could probably had a more natural build up. I don't think it's horribly done, but if a 10 is rushed, and 1 is perfectly paced, then this would be a 3 or 4.

Blackiris said:

But hey - it's a matter of tastes, right? I may prefer a more realistic approach to certain things, and someone else can enjoy things as they are. There's no point in arguing too much about nuances of this kind, really. You like it? You do. You stated you opinion, and that's fine. I don't like? I don't. I stated my opinion, and that's it. No matter which opinion is right, the most important thing in anime is not to argue over it, but to enjoy it.

Thank you so so so so much - for not being the type to shove your opinion down other people's throats.

If you think the drama could have be handled better, that's your own opinion, and I can understand why you may want it. I like it the way it is though, unless it gets worse later, but how it is now is fine. Either way, it's better than the drama was in Madoka.

Friend Request Sent.
BRSxIgnitionFeb 11, 2012 3:29 PM
Feb 11, 2012 4:33 PM
Mar 2011
i havent played the game or read the manga, for new eyes seeing this ummm what is going on? the fighting scenes represents their "inner struggles"? while the concept is interesting that just means its for pure shock value and eye candy. take away that and this is just another forgettable anime. so far the plot is generic, characters unoriginal and their motivations just arent logical.

so far i liked the ova more. it was interesting, two people became friends, one disappeared into the "other world" and the other follows to find her. at least thats how i though it would be and i was wondering how they can make that into a long series. oh yeah, add lengthy fighting scenes. theyre like sex scenes in bad hollywood movies. no wonder its only 8 episodes.

disappointing so far, but i normally follow series' to the end, hopefully the plot gets better
"....i am the villain in this story"
Feb 11, 2012 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
Uhh.. is there really a point to the BRS scenes? I know they are suppose to be connected but really, i always thought it was the worst way to incorporate BRS into an anime.... and it still is.
Feb 11, 2012 6:51 PM

May 2008
the drama in this anime is just *facepalm* hope it gets better i like the Black Rock Shooter scenes there awesome the only thing i hate from those scenes are Kagari saying "KAERE" so bloody annoying lol i was thinking Kagari would die at the end but guess not lol

hopefully next episode is good!
Feb 11, 2012 6:54 PM

Jan 2012
STOP FIGHTING, I DON'T WANT TWO CHRISTMASES THIS YEAR!!
But seriously, this is a good anime, I'm not going to say that it is revolutionary, the best anime of the decade, or something like that, because it is not|
But at least (I feel like) it's a little refreshing.

Now about the episode, more specifically the ending (not the ending ending, I mean the last scene), for some reason, I thought that Green-hair-girl choked Yellow-hair-girl and the whole thing serious-ed up out of the blue, but luckily it didn't and Yellow-hair-girl only fell on a catatonic state.

I liked this episode better than the first one.
Feb 11, 2012 8:23 PM

Dec 2011
Hmmm. I think I'm starting to see a trend here!

Is it just me, or is this an anime for girls?

I myself love, love, love the anime- but as I was sitting there, watching, I was thinking- "what would a guy think of this?" And so, came to the conclusion that most guys would probably hate it!

I think that might be the issue here~
Feb 11, 2012 9:19 PM

Sep 2010
AGirlInASweater said:

I myself love, love, love the anime- but as I was sitting there, watching, I was thinking- "what would a guy think of this?" And so, came to the conclusion that most guys would probably hate it!

Dunno bout that, would assume a guy would like it for the BRS scenes at the least if nothing else lol.
Feb 11, 2012 9:52 PM

May 2011
This episode really increased my interest in this show !

Well... It's beyond me how she waited forever at the festival and then keep trying to help her out of this love/hate relationship with Kagari. How is it that Kagari can't move her leg anymore ? She was standing at the top of the stair and choose to fell down and then standing on her bed screaming and jumping in rage... That bitch was lying or what... !?

I don't quite get the ending...
What the fuck hapenned to Kagari for her to smile!... I'm talking out the Real World here, she didn't lose her head obliviously lol.
Feb 11, 2012 10:33 PM
Jun 2008
This episode remind me of Welcome to NHK, but this one is a bit more Chunni lol
Well, Neet/hikkikomori/symptom of over possesive is mental problem difficult to cure .

I guess Kagari have 2 personalities...The one that save Kagari in the SF world should be her.Kagari's mental is very unstable, I guess this is what make her to activate her second personality to fight back.
So... the one talking behind the wall from first episode were her(the second personalities) as well ? not sure.. I kinda confuse =p/
Feb 11, 2012 11:20 PM

Dec 2011
damn dats one craAAazy bitch!

kagari looks like a sickly, pale, batshit crazy version of Taiga.

this show rocks.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Feb 11, 2012 11:44 PM

Sep 2009
This episode explained quite a bit in my opinion, mostly in regards to Kagari's and Yomi's relationship.
Also, I loved the scenes in the BRS world where Kagari is firing giant macaroons as ammo. I found it quite hilarious...

I wrote up a full review for this episode on my blog ^.^
Feb 12, 2012 4:45 AM

Sep 2010
Moar liek colored macaroon shooter, amirite?
Am I the only one who laughs when watching this? It's all so silly.
Feb 12, 2012 8:34 AM

Mar 2010
I feel like BRS is similar to the movie Suckerpunch; The real world is paralleled to the world of the fight, not to give away any spoilers.

That being said, I do hope that the short length of the series won't ruin it. I really like BRS but it makes me sad that it's only six episodes long.

This episode was pretty good, the drama was there (though a rather grownup issue at such an age, I do believe) and the action was nice. The action animation is still a bit weird compared to OVA but it's decent.

Kagari = crazy. Nuff said. I wonder if she didn't completely crack at the end of the episode though? Is that why her head came off?
Feb 12, 2012 9:27 AM

Aug 2011
Khaoticsuccubus said:
AGirlInASweater said:

Dunno bout that, would assume a guy would like it for the BRS scenes at the least if nothing else lol.
And then there are the pedophiles who watch it for the half-naked loli.

AngelicFeces said:
Moar liek colored macaroon shooter, amirite?
Am I the only one who laughs when watching this? It's all so silly.
Yeah. That macaroon cannon is impossible to take seriously.
Feb 12, 2012 10:06 AM

Nov 2010
AGirlInASweater said:

nope, don't see anything overly girly or manly about it ^^ just a normal anime (or we could also say anime like clannad is for girls haha) no offence ;-)
Feb 12, 2012 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
Bouum said:
How is it that Kagari can't move her leg anymore ? She was standing at the top of the stair and choose to fell down and then standing on her bed screaming and jumping in rage... That bitch was lying or what... !?

What the fuck hapenned to Kagari for her to smile!... I'm talking out the Real World here, she didn't lose her head obliviously lol.

Here is my take on Kagari: Little Yomi and her mother were supposed to transfer somewhere and little Kagari was hit by a car when chasing after them. Yomi stayed by her friend's side because of pity and guilt and Kagari found out that if she acted pityful, she could force Yomi to stay forever. It became her obsession. She fakes being cripple even the doctors told her legs where fine. It turns out that it is the darkness and loneliness in her heart that make her sick (Chariot). Also staying at home and never come out for years can drive you crazy. She says it herself; she's scared to go outside and meet new people, she must be afraid that no one will accept her.

Chariot losing her head would mean the destruction of Kagai's inner demon, the hatred towards people who gets near Yomi. My guess is that she'll finally stop faking being cripple. Hopefully she'll be able to overcome her flaws and become a better person.
Feb 12, 2012 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
Good god, Kagari is crazy......this show is pretty interesting.
Feb 12, 2012 10:30 AM

Apr 2011
That was some reaaaaaaaally terrible drama, holy crap.
Feb 12, 2012 10:38 AM

Jun 2008
Omniknight said:
What bothers me, aside from the over-simplistic plot, is that the battles, despite being very well done in terms of animation, don't make any sense at all. How does Black Rock Shooter not take ANY lasting damage from being run over by a giant spider mech and being impaled from front to back by its claws? How does she still run after being twisted by all those chains? How did that spider mech reform suddenly back to its original shape after BRS shot off its legs in the ending of the first episode? The battles scenes just end up being flashy fight scenes with no rhyme or reason to them... It also doesn't help the pacing that the battle scenes are shown for extremely short glimpses, which interrupts both the flow of the battles as well as the flow of the real world story. At least this episode, they gave us a few minutes of fighting uninterrupted, which was great.

I see am not the only one bothered by this. Does that world have no logic or set of rules whatsoever? What can kill you there?
It will be nice if we could get a little more clarification about that world.
Also what was it with that other girl that appear in the fight in the other world and seem to follow BRS? Why is she there since she wasn't in the scene in the real world?

mikado34 said:
Bouum said:
How is it that Kagari can't move her leg anymore ? She was standing at the top of the stair and choose to fell down and then standing on her bed screaming and jumping in rage... That bitch was lying or what... !?

Here is my take on Kagari: Little Yomi and her mother were supposed to transfer somewhere and little Kagari was hit by a car when chasing after them. Yomi stayed by her friend's side because of pity and guilt and Kagari found out that if she acted pityful, she could force Yomi to stay forever. It became her obsession. She fakes being cripple even the doctors told her legs where fine. It turns out that it is the darkness and loneliness in her heart that make her sick (Chariot). Also staying at home and never come out for years can drive you crazy. She says it herself; she's scared to go outside and meet new people, she must be afraid that no one will accept her.

Chariot losing her head would mean the destruction of Kagai's inner demon, the hatred towards people who gets near Yomi. My guess is that she'll finally stop faking being cripple. Hopefully she'll be able to overcome her flaws and become a better person.

Good explanation right there. I applaud you.
MonadFeb 12, 2012 10:56 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2012

191 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 5:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.