Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 22, 2021 12:26 AM
Jan 2016
Yoshida for the best main character this season...absolutely...kneeling for stranger, wow, that's the highest level of love and affection...maybe his heart was made from gold...
Jun 22, 2021 12:30 AM

May 2020
Oh god the drama in this episode was completely unbearable, I usually like drama but here it just feels really forced, and the stiff animation and mediocre directing definitely aren't helping.
GilgameshuuJun 22, 2021 12:36 AM
Jun 22, 2021 12:41 AM

Aug 2013
this anime lost track since episode 3
Jun 22, 2021 12:53 AM
Apr 2018
They should make Yoshida & Sayu have sex in the last episode, to anger the haters.
Jun 22, 2021 1:01 AM

Apr 2017
Alex796 said:
Is it only me who didn't like this resolution?

I don't subscribe to the "blood is thicker than water" thing. I, with my western POV, hoped that after Yoshida stopped himself from throwing the glass of juice at her, he'd tell Sayu something like: "let's go back home." and she'd reply: "Hai" tearfully.

But now, she's gonna stay in that awful house until she graduates from high school!? It's preposterous...

I don't think nobody should take s--- like that. Not even from parents. Maybe a lot of people here never really saw stuff like that in real life, but I saw. There are plenty of people out there - millions upon millions - who cut their parents off for stuff just like that.

I completely agree with you! This was such a Japanese approach to take to things. Sayu and Yoshida need each other. Seeing them hold hands is so heartwarming. How are they just going to leave each other now?!
Jun 22, 2021 1:18 AM
Mar 2017
I know the show has forced drama but damn this is way too much
Jun 22, 2021 1:52 AM
Mar 2021
Sondfer said:
I'll rate this episode "not buying this forced drama/10".
i was looking for someone to say something like this .i feel like this anime was only good for a few episodes early on in the season and a walking trash can up until now...very cringe and veery overrated for some reason
ggonzoJun 22, 2021 1:56 AM
Jun 22, 2021 2:27 AM

Feb 2020
loki-23 said:
It would certainly open up a case against Yoshida. Then upon investigations, many (including some of those who took advantage of Sayu's helplessness i.e underage 'sex-scandals') would be exposed in the process of finding evidence against Yoshida. Overall, it would be an intense, highly emotional endeavor.
Doubt it.

Do you know why 95% of the homeless are men? Because frankly, women who face homelessness do exactly what Sayu did. They either get a boyfriend they can shack with, or resort to sex work. It's unfortunate, but that's reality. And it happens worldwide, not a Japanese phenomenon at all. Sex for living can hardly qualify as a violation of the law, and Sayu is above age of consent. (Yes, my dear Americans. In most of the world, that age is 15/16).
PrincessPorcupin said:
I completely agree with you! This was such a Japanese approach to take to things. Sayu and Yoshida need each other. Seeing them hold hands is so heartwarming. How are they just going to leave each other now?!
Yes, it really is a very Japanese way of wrapping things up. Very painful to look at, for western audiences.

I was actually hoping for a proposal or something, to resolve the legal custody issues. Sayu can marry, since she's over 16. And I think too that they need each other and any ending where they would not end up together in, would be a waste.
Jun 22, 2021 2:31 AM

Aug 2012
loki-23 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
It is extremely debatable if that was the original meaning. That being said if someone is unworthy parent it can lose its rights and so if it is an unworthy child.

Not necessarily. If he sues her for custody on basis of being unfit parent in regular court (not family court) with the testimony from her brother he might actually win

It would certainly open up a case against Yoshida. Then upon investigations, many (including some of those who took advantage of Sayu's helplessness i.e underage 'sex-scandals') would be exposed in the process of finding evidence against Yoshida. Overall, it would be an intense, highly emotional endeavor.

I do not think is a problem for Yoshida, but I am unsure if Sayu could handle the emotional stress
Alex796 said:
loki-23 said:
Doubt it.

Do you know why 95% of the homeless are men? Because frankly, women who face homelessness do exactly what Sayu did. They either get a boyfriend they can shack with, or resort to sex work. It's unfortunate, but that's reality. And it happens worldwide, not a Japanese phenomenon at all. Sex for living can hardly qualify as a violation of the law, and Sayu is above age of consent. (Yes, my dear Americans. In most of the world, that age is 15/16).
PrincessPorcupin said:
Yes, it really is a very Japanese way of wrapping things up. Very painful to look at, for western audiences.

I was actually hoping for a proposal or something, to resolve the legal custody issues. Sayu can marry, since she's over 16. And I think too that they need each other and any ending where they would not end up together in, would be a waste.

Is 15/16 for women because this when they finish puberty is 17/19 for men though. And age of consent is a bit loosely used here. Depending on circumstances it may be 15/16 or 18 . For instance if the girl is going to marry the guy it is 15/16 but generally need a guardian's consent. Is a bit more complicated
Jun 22, 2021 2:50 AM

Feb 2020
nightcrawlercyp said:
Is 15/16 for women because this when they finish puberty is 17/19 for men though. And age of consent is a bit loosely used here. Depending on circumstances it may be 15/16 or 18 . For instance if the girl is going to marry the guy it is 15/16 but generally need a guardian's consent. Is a bit more complicated
For all practical purposes, a 16 year old can pretty much sleep with anyone they want. There are some exceptions in place, but I don't think they're enforced anywhere. Because these things are very hard to prove - like grooming, for instance. Unless that teen grew up in a cult, no cop or judge is gonna go for an adult like Yoshida or Sayu's previous partners for grooming or false promises of marriage.

As for the marriage, I agree that it's a bit tricky. The parental consent is in place only to give the parent a veto in case they might suspect that their child was groomed. But in Sayu's specific case, her mom is such a POS that I think she would just be like: "here's my stamp and signature. Now GTFO and don't ever come back!" or something similar. Unless she's truly a narcissist, she would probably just send Sayu her own way.
Jun 22, 2021 2:50 AM
Apr 2021
yoshida really thinks twice before doing something, i like the way he handled the conversation with sayu's mom, the way he prevent himself from throwing water to sayu's mom is just great i mean if i were him, i'd totally have thrown the water
Jun 22, 2021 2:55 AM

Apr 2017
Alex796 said:

I agree. I mean, I do think that while Sayu is very mature in some ways (moreso than Gotou and that other girl) in several aspects, she is still very immature in others (as is normal - she's a teenager, after all), so I do think they would need time to grow a healthy romance, but considering the circumstance, Sayu would be much better off just getting married, and then letting their relationship progress normally (the same as though they hadn't gotten married).

This woman is a basket case and it's a terrible idea to leave Sayu with her. I hate that Japanese only care about shame and "trouble" and appearances, and everyone's mental health is fucked. And this reflects on real life in Japan, so I don't think the drama was fake at all.
Jun 22, 2021 2:56 AM

Apr 2018
Kneel down and everything is solved, chadsida saves the day again.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 22, 2021 3:06 AM

Oct 2016
Man, everytime Sayu's mother spoke in the first half of the episode was fucking grating. She's clearly mentally ill as well, she's unfit to be a mother. Props to the Mom's va though damn, but she seriously needs a psychiatrist or something. Let's see how the show will end.
Jun 22, 2021 3:23 AM
Mar 2014
Slow pace, Yoshida's telepathy skill unlock for 2 minutes lol
Jun 22, 2021 3:28 AM

Feb 2020
This is the funniest episode of this anime so far. The writing of this romance complex anime is beyond my understanding.

The yoshida drinking scene is a meme potential
Jun 22, 2021 3:40 AM

Feb 2020
PrincessPorcupin said:
I agree. I mean, I do think that while Sayu is very mature in some ways (moreso than Gotou and that other girl) in several aspects, she is still very immature in others (as is normal - she's a teenager, after all), so I do think they would need time to grow a healthy romance, but considering the circumstance, Sayu would be much better off just getting married, and then letting their relationship progress normally (the same as though they hadn't gotten married).

This woman is a basket case and it's a terrible idea to leave Sayu with her. I hate that Japanese only care about shame and "trouble" and appearances, and everyone's mental health is fucked. And this reflects on real life in Japan, so I don't think the drama was fake at all.
These were my thoughts exactly. Although I am for marrying older, I'm not categorically opposed to marrying very young. I believe it can work in certain cases, and Yoshida & Sayu do look like a very sweet couple. One of the cases where this could work. And as for Sayu, marriage is definitely her best option. Because her mother is openly an enemy and her brother can't fully protect her. People like her just end up being taken advantage of over and over. This marriage could literally "change her fate/fortune" - like the Japanese like to say so much.

Another aspect in this anime that was also quite shocking about Japan to me, is how everyone acted so shocked when they heard that Yoshida took a teenage girl in without sexual favors in return. Because the Japanese don't have these christian values like helping the poor and charity. I even remember reading somewhere that while people in America and European countries on average donate to charity a lot as a percentage of their income, the Japanese just don't do that. So NGOs and charities are virtually non-existent over there, there is little aid people like Sayu... :'(
Jun 22, 2021 4:18 AM

Apr 2018
Farabeuf said:
The reaction of the mother was so over the top that it felt unnatural. Even if you're furious at your daughter, you don't blow up like that in front of a complete stranger.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone with a severe case of narcissistic personality disorder tried that without second thought.
Jun 22, 2021 4:37 AM
Jul 2019
UkRs said:

Is this even the sem anime from the first few episodes?
The writing has gotten down the gutter.. characters have become cringey..
i know about toxic mothers but this is just unrealistic.. Sayu's mother has to be retarded to be even remotely act like that..
Yoshida's englightment of "children do not get to choose their parents" is COMMON KNOWLEDGE.. dude just spouted a few nonsense and everyone went into awe..
What even is this BS? just one more episode.. this anime had so much potential.. and now its become trash

I hope when she gets old, her children will stop caring for her and just ditch her instead of helping and caring for her every time she needs help, She should receive the karma for her past behaviour of child abuse. I remember my grandma used to tell me and my mother a story about how someone she knew (probably neighbour/child of her friend) abandoned his/her parent and the reason, past history of child abuse. What comes around goes around mate and remember, karma is real and it just the matter of time you will face your your judgement for the bad karma you made in the past
Jun 22, 2021 4:48 AM
May 2021
I started laughing at it. There was too much drama. And they try explaining everything too much as well. I mean Yoshida had a monologue in the middle of the whole commotion.
It is a very good story idea, and a common one, where the daughter is depressed and mentally ill because the mother is. But it seems to be put together by amateurs. If you want to see it done right, you can look at Terror in Resonance or even better, The Ancient Magus' Bride. That felt more realistic.
You can't just put together harsh words and call it heart wrenching. You don't need lengthy dialogues try to proper explain a person's feeling. That actually has the opposite affect.
AnimeSSonicJun 22, 2021 4:55 AM
Jun 22, 2021 5:07 AM

Jun 2016
yoo sayu mom's tsundere AF !!!

yoshida is truly a good man LMAO ..

but sadly what happen if sayu tell her past after leaveing home and sleep with many man LOL
Jun 22, 2021 5:08 AM

Nov 2013
In other words, once Sayu graduates she should drop this POS of a mother and start a life on her own RIGHT AWAY!
This was a blood-boiling episode.
Kids with such POS parents end up as psychos or commit suicide...
Sayu's lucky she has Yoshida.
Jun 22, 2021 5:15 AM

Aug 2014
I don't like the way he/they resolved this problem. It was pathetic.
I know Japanese culture and would never do dogeza towards such a person. She deserves a more physical solution if you know what I mean.
Yeah dogeza has impact, but should not be used toward someone who is 100% wrong and is not willing to help. A normal 45 degree bow with logical explanation would be way better to convince her. Now she will only threat Sayu as a pest and not talk with her.

Actually Sayu was close to what should be done. In this episode she acted way better than previous ones.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 22, 2021 5:17 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know how to feel. Yes, the sadness almost makes me tears up but the pacing in this episode kinda messes up a bit. + the inconsistency in their expression (animation-wise) especially Sayu's mom really confuses me imo. there's a time when she looked a bit cool down. I thought she is beginning to realize. but no, she stills mad as hell.

It's not the worst. I'm still enjoying it up until this point.

knktzvra said:

It was weird how Mom's face was potrayed when she slapped Sayu, going from Oni to serious in one sec. Also her behavior when they talked, it was either unrealistic or a really messed up ill.

Omg yes, I thought the same! her face in "oni mode" kinda reminds me of some kind of JRPG bosses lmao.
Jun 22, 2021 5:23 AM
Nov 2019
Sayu's cardboard cut-out narcissistic mother shows her true colours in front of a total stranger. When all along she's been complaining about what people think about her due to Sayu not going to school (as they've hidden the fact that she ran away).

Conveniently they brushed over the fact that Sayu prostituted herself rather than go home before she met Yoshida with just a "you haven't done anything with Sayu?" question to Yoshida.

Gotou said many episodes ago (after she met Sayu At Yoshida's) that she considered him a good trouble shooter, and he proves her right in doing what was required to make her mother do what is needed for Sayu to go home and graduate.

At least Sayu knows she has someone and somewhere to run to if she can't cope at home and needs respite from the mother.

I suspect if he'd asked for permission for Sayu to live with him the mother would have had a hissy-fit, dug her heals in and refused, making things even worse for Sayu, and probably causing trouble for Yoshida in the process.

As Yoshida lives in Tokyo he would require written legal consent from the parents for Sayu to live with him as he's over 20 and she's not (otherwise its a federal offence under the Tokyo juvenile laws).

So they're going to cram Volume 5 into the last episode - well that's going to be pretty rushed too.

5/10
penrhosJun 22, 2021 5:28 AM
Jun 22, 2021 5:45 AM

May 2018
Don't worry Yoshida-san I will watch next week. No need to beg!
Jun 22, 2021 6:57 AM
Dec 2018
Alex796 said:
loki-23 said:
Doubt it.

I don't think you understand what is the actual crime that Yoshida would be accused for in the hypothetical case the story wanted to go down the nasty legal route.

If you are not familiar with Japanese laws in this case, at least take it from the author himself that explained that it is indeed a crime what Yoshida did (even without the sex), and also from the anime dialogues themselves that have been indicating this in many occasions. Use their lenses to see the situation, not your own that may not apply to this particular scenario.

Sayu is a minor in this story and that is enough to put Yoshida in legal trouble, regardless of what your personal moral compass indicates.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jun 22, 2021 7:38 AM

Jul 2019
Darkcolo said:
LordSozin said:
This episode says it all: This show is nothing but forced drama, cringe writing, bad handling of its themes, illogical presentation, and utter insulting to my intelligence.

The anime has decreased in writing value ever since the rapist shit happened. Before then, it was at least watchable. I can't wait to tear this shit show apart.

>Forced drama
>Icon and signature of Oregairu

lel

One is natural and developed logically. I don't know how you watch or read Oregairu and coming out of it thinking as forced.

And comparing Oregairu to this garbage is pretty insulting, don't you think? People really be talking nonsense.
LordSozinJun 22, 2021 7:42 AM

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 22, 2021 8:48 AM
Mar 2015
The replies are really stupid Situations like Sayu happen everyday That is why there are so many runaways Yoshida got the brother , mother and Sayu to promise to work on their relationship until she completes HS
No way Yoshida could obtain guardianship He has to do the best with what he has available

s

s
Jun 22, 2021 9:31 AM
Oct 2009
why do people like Yoshida xD he dogeza in front of some mean woman, how is that boss? that's like, the opposite of boss? Don't get me wrong, I think it's better to deal with the situation calmly and respectfully, but realistically, asking a bad parent to "plz raise your daughter properly" will do nothing to help?

When he said "a child doesn't choose their parents, Sayu only has you" and the mom was like "O:" I cringed and laughed xD his little speech really wasn't anything special. Platitudes. So glad there's only one episode left to sit through xD
Jun 22, 2021 9:46 AM
Feb 2011
Why do writers describe problems between children and their parents as if they were things that children should solve? If the relationship is bad, even if the parent is all to blame, the younger should be patient and try to mend it. I hate that kind of writing. Sayu should have cut all the ties with that bitch. Putting them in the same house again sounds like a way to create situations to get them closer but i tell you it won't be the hag who will take the first step. No, Sayu will have to act like the adult. It's like an unwritten rule for LN writers and as an adult it frustrates me.
Jun 22, 2021 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was such over the top garbage lol
Jun 22, 2021 12:17 PM

Apr 2021
At this point i don't think this show is trying to be taken seriously. A 14yo would have written something better than this.
Jun 22, 2021 1:17 PM

Dec 2017
I'll admit, as someone who thought this show was trash from the start, I'm having a lot of fun seeing everyone finally turn on it. Now all that's left is to see if the ending will go full Usagi Drop on us and complete the circle of bullshit.
Jun 22, 2021 2:43 PM
Nov 2017
Farabeuf said:
The reaction of the mother was so over the top that it felt unnatural. Even if you're furious at your daughter, you don't blow up like that in front of a complete stranger.

I don't know. My mother was worst with that. Granted, my mother does suffer from mental illness and am the product of a union between a drug addict and a mentally unstable woman. Hell, my mother even told me infront of my friends on my 16th birthday "I should have gotten that abortion like everybody told me to!" I not only find the response to be natural but kinda more understanding of Sayu's behavior as a result. My only real escape from the situation was joining the American military. I can honestly say I was treated better by joining then the 17 years I spent in the house.
Jun 22, 2021 4:23 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 12 and its really good! Everything happens for a reason, no matter how small or ridiculous it may be.. like their meeting was destiny or something.. but yoshida is truly a man among men, and a true father, even if he isnt yet.. and like he said, it isnt the fault of the child if they were born, they were born because there was love between the father and the mother.. even if it may be an incident or something.. and like the saying, there is a thin line between love and hate, even if it may be in another form.. clearly, the mother is on the wrong, and is mentally ill in some ways.. but thanks to yoshida, she was convinced a bit, and decided to talk about their future as a family.. a family may not be perfect, but they are always there for a reason.. unlike being a family with strangers or friends, family must be the ones to be there for each other when it comes to any situation.. tho i dont know if i would be with mine, since i sometimes hate my parents for some things.. specially on what happened in my past.. it will take time, but time is what i have right now.. well, what yoshida did was certainly unexpected, and am glad he maintained control over his emotions over the reality of sayus life.. but the question now is, on the final episode, just how will the anime end? Those who read the LN knows what will happen, tho i say that it will have a happy ending.. even tho we wouldnt know if yoshida will ever get together with goto.. haha.. and if will there be an OVA of the story, like the after story of yoshidas life.. anyways, i rate the episode a 10 of 10, 10 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 22, 2021 5:57 PM

Jun 2019
This anime is bad! I hate every second of watching it!

There are no realistic characters. The mom hates Sayu for no reason. “You don’t know how much she has taken away from me!” like what? The anime has shown nothing for us to even get an idea of what she is talking about (don’t respond with the dad shit either).

Why is it that Sayu’s brother never even stood up to the mom about her treatment of Sayu? He’s a grown-ass man and he just shuts up while his mom mentally abuses Sayu in front of her.

Yoshida was about to assault her mom what she said to Sayu?? What the fuck??? There’s no way that a person with such irrational hatred like her would listen to a complete stranger that almost threw a glass at her about how she should treat her daughter. But then again, the writer probably has never interacted with another human being.

1 more episode until I’m done! Let’s get it!
Blue_MaroonJun 22, 2021 6:04 PM
Jun 22, 2021 6:12 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Sayu's mother is a monster, can't really blame Yoshida for wanting to throw his drink in her face. But level-headedness wins here, because that could easily be an assault charge, along with the fact he's been housing Sayu for months.

I think due to the lack of fleshing out the relationship between Sayu and her Mother, and the lack of backstory of why Say's Mother is like this in the first place really hurts the emotional impact from this episode. If things were more expanded upon, this would've been a lot more powerful. We only really ever got one flashback between Sayu and her mother. I think an entire episode should have been dedicated to fleshing out their story and how it got this bad between them.

I think some people have sort of missed what Yoshida was talking about. Yoshida is fully aware that the law is on the mother's side. He has no right to take Sayu. He could certainly report child abuse, but that would be as far as he could go. But at the same time, I believe he clearly wants Sayu and her Mother to reconcile. No parent should ever say that about their child. The way Sayu was treated caused her to run away to begin with. And Yoshida wants that relationship back to normal soo Sayu can live a normal life.

There's going to have to be a big showdown in the last episode for this relationship to get back on the right track.

Also, what about Yoshida's relationship issues? Will we ever get back to that? The last episode has a lot of stuff to cover and tie up.
takkun_Jun 22, 2021 6:15 PM
Jun 22, 2021 8:25 PM
Nov 2020
Every time we see Sayu's mom, I can't help but realize how hot she is. That business dress, those glasses, that piercing stare ...she's a lawyer right? I can see why the husband had to do it "one more time" before peacing out, lol.

Mistaavee said:
I was hoping Yoshida will talk to Sayu's mother. Charm her, marry her and then become Sayu's father.

Whew, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this! I think the mom just needs "comfort" ever since her husband left her, and I don't just mean physically. You can tell she's really stressed out, and she's career-driven and cares about her status/reputation which is why Sayu leaving for a long-time really pissed her off.

Alternatively, that would've been cool if the mother agreed with Yoshida's thoughts and allowed him to adopt Sayu.
Jun 22, 2021 10:23 PM
Jun 2014
I wish the MC would have put Sayu's mother in here place instead of going brain dead for ten minutes and basically begging the mother to raise her. I would be like " I take her if you don't want anything to do with her".
Jun 22, 2021 10:43 PM

Jul 2012
As the levels of ridiculousness keep increasing, my rating keeps lowering.

I really feel sorry for Sayu for the family she got stuck with... An absent piece of shit father, a mentally unstable heartless bitch mother and a dumb wimp brother.

Yoshida's endless internal monologue was so annoying... Especially since he ended up saying something so obvious.
Like basically "You're her mama. A child can't survive without her parents. You have to protect her" and they're both in awe like "woah shit I never thought about that :O"... Can't wait for them to find out that "The Archer class really is made up of archers", it's gonna blow their minds.

Also, asking her mother to "please raise her" was like... No. She has abused her child for as long as she has lived, you can clearly see how much hatred she's got, she didn't give a flying fuck about her daughter's safety for a whole 6 months, she only cared about her own reputation, and you're asking this monster to take care of her? Nah, fam.
But of course... The talk-no-jutsu is stronger than years of a mental illness and psychological/verbal abuse.

Blue_Maroon said:
This anime is bad! I hate every second of watching it!

There are no realistic characters. The mom hates Sayu for no reason. “You don’t know how much she has taken away from me!” like what? The anime has shown nothing for us to even get an idea of what she is talking about (don’t respond with the dad shit either).

Why is it that Sayu’s brother never even stood up to the mom about her treatment of Sayu? He’s a grown-ass man and he just shuts up while his mom mentally abuses Sayu in front of her.

Yoshida was about to assault her mom what she said to Sayu?? What the fuck??? There’s no way that a person with such irrational hatred like her would listen to a complete stranger that almost threw a glass at her about how she should treat her daughter. But then again, the writer probably has never interacted with another human being.

1 more episode until I’m done! Let’s get it!

Completely agree. I don't know why I don't see more people talking about her brother, cause he's part of the problem as well. Even at the beginning, when her mother slapped her and he stepped in I thought he was gonna defend her and at least tell her not to hit her, but no, what was his concern? "Mom, stop, we've got a guest".
Jun 22, 2021 11:46 PM

Dec 2020
well they definitely wanted to make sayu's mom a horrible person and succeeded. still wishy washy on how she lashed out in front of a stranger, but then does what he wants when he got on his knees.

seriously tho what the fuck is up with her brother? he just goes on with everyone, mom says shut up he shuts up, yoshida begs he begs, why're you even here lmfao
Jun 23, 2021 12:28 AM
May 2020
wow, the mum was a twat. is she ok mentally?
Jun 23, 2021 12:28 AM
May 2020
wow, the mum was a twat. is she ok mentally?
Jun 23, 2021 4:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
CthulhusBFF said:
Farabeuf said:

I don't know. My mother was worst with that. Granted, my mother does suffer from mental illness and am the product of a union between a drug addict and a mentally unstable woman. Hell, my mother even told me infront of my friends on my 16th birthday "I should have gotten that abortion like everybody told me to!" I not only find the response to be natural but kinda more understanding of Sayu's behavior as a result. My only real escape from the situation was joining the American military. I can honestly say I was treated better by joining then the 17 years I spent in the house.

I am very sorry to read that. That's a horrible thing to say to a child. I hope that you managed to find a happier life afterwards.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 23, 2021 6:42 AM

Nov 2018
It pisses me off that there are actually some mother's irl that act like this one.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jun 23, 2021 6:49 AM
Nov 2020
The anime has shown nothing for us to even get an idea of what she is talking about (don’t respond with the dad shit either).

Why not? If I recall correctly, didn't the mom "keep" Sayu (i.e. refuse to abort her) in a vain effort to keep the dad/husband from leaving the family? And then something about Sayu being a living/constant reminder of that vain attempt.

Probably the way they were raised. Isn't he some kind of CEO or high-level manager at some rich, powerful company? Looking at how career-driven the mom is, it seems like the brother was raised that way too (e.g. blind obedience to elders, don't speak out of turn, etc.) and look at him now. He's probably the "favorite" child to the mom, but at the cost/tradeoff of being a spineless, blindly-obedient coward who can't speak out his own mind.

Even at the beginning, when her mother slapped her and he stepped in I thought he was gonna defend her and at least tell her not to hit her, but no, what was his concern? "Mom, stop, we've got a guest".

It goes back to how they were raised. Considering that the mom only cares about her reputation, the son was probably raised to think the same way too ...which is why he told his mom to stop her public freakout (in front of Yoshida) to prevent further damage to her reputation/character.
Jun 23, 2021 7:34 AM
Nov 2017
Farabeuf said:

I am very sorry to read that. That's a horrible thing to say to a child. I hope that you managed to find a happier life afterwards.

Oh don't worry. I did. Someone posted in here about how it isn't the child's responsibility to make amends etc. I 100% agree. Took awhile to get over but eventually you learn that nothing you do can just "fix things" I'm in my early 30's now and have a happy life. To those who have similar upbringing. Don't fret. Once you stop listening to "that's your mother. She did her best." B.S., you will find happiness.
Jun 23, 2021 11:40 AM

Jul 2012
kuwangpa said:
The anime has shown nothing for us to even get an idea of what she is talking about (don’t respond with the dad shit either).

Why not? If I recall correctly, didn't the mom "keep" Sayu (i.e. refuse to abort her) in a vain effort to keep the dad/husband from leaving the family? And then something about Sayu being a living/constant reminder of that vain attempt.

Yes, but as the previous poster has said, the anime hasn't shown the mother's "hardships" for us to understand her better. It's not the way to go if you want the "villain" to have substance.

kuwangpa said:

Probably the way they were raised. Isn't he some kind of CEO or high-level manager at some rich, powerful company? Looking at how career-driven the mom is, it seems like the brother was raised that way too (e.g. blind obedience to elders, don't speak out of turn, etc.) and look at him now. He's probably the "favorite" child to the mom, but at the cost/tradeoff of being a spineless, blindly-obedient coward who can't speak out his own mind.

It goes back to how they were raised. Considering that the mom only cares about her reputation, the son was probably raised to think the same way too ...which is why he told his mom to stop her public freakout (in front of Yoshida) to prevent further damage to her reputation/character.

Yeah, that is a good point, although her brother still has done some "rebellious" things like helping Sayu runaway and then not telling his mother that he actually found her for a whole week.
Jun 23, 2021 4:50 PM
Mar 2019
That mom sucks wtf lol
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

175 by Muow »»
May 22, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

282 by Muow »»
May 22, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2021

428 by GHWolfKing »»
May 21, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.