Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 13, 2019 10:58 AM

Apr 2017
bastek66 said:
Better than first episode but that not much an achievement.
videokilled said:
They even do tracing on old good anime Suisei no Gargantia

It's not tracing, just same poses, drawings are clearly different.

Yes, that's what tracing does...

Jul 13, 2019 11:46 AM

May 2009
videokilled said:
bastek66 said:
Better than first episode but that not much an achievement.

It's not tracing, just same poses, drawings are clearly different.

Yes, that's what tracing does...

No, tracing is drawing same lines, here lines are different.
Jul 13, 2019 3:45 PM

Oct 2017
bastek66 said:

They draw lines along the original content, then draw new content according to those lines.
In this example even one of the spotlights is the same, while the other has changed shape a bit, but still staying in the same place.
Jul 13, 2019 8:36 PM

Nov 2016
I like Aku is so cute and funny
Jul 13, 2019 8:41 PM

May 2009
RainyShadow said:
bastek66 said:

They draw lines along the original content, then draw new content according to those lines.
In this example even one of the spotlights is the same, while the other has changed shape a bit, but still staying in the same place.

They don't align compared to for example Togashi's tracing http://blog-imgs-24.fc2.com/s/m/i/smith434/togasi.jpg
Jul 13, 2019 9:25 PM

Feb 2017
ahahhaah, this is bad in many funny ways xD

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 13, 2019 10:06 PM

Apr 2018
Welp, the animation stays the same level of mediocre but it's not like it's unbearable. This episode was pretty fun, watching Kunai geek out about the base he made was pretty fun as well. Hopefully they continue with the Father-daughter relationship between Kunai and Aku.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jul 14, 2019 2:28 AM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:
RainyShadow said:

They don't align compared to for example Togashi's tracing http://blog-imgs-24.fc2.com/s/m/i/smith434/togasi.jpg

It is not exactly 100% tracing, they probably used it as a refenrence to get a similiar looking pose for the shot but still went out of there way to animate it themselves cause if it was 100% tracing the lines and base body diagrams would be 100% exactly.
Jul 14, 2019 4:23 AM

May 2009
-ShadowClaw- said:
bastek66 said:

It is not exactly 100% tracing, they probably used it as a refenrence to get a similiar looking pose for the shot but still went out of there way to animate it themselves cause if it was 100% tracing the lines and base body diagrams would be 100% exactly.

It's not tracing at all!
Jul 14, 2019 5:13 AM
Jul 2019
Noni_Alin said:
RebelPanda said:
STOP SPANKING THE CHILD!!! He molested a kid and then stole all her money so now he's rich I guess. They had to tell us she's sixteen right after the molestation but she definitely doesn't look it! This is so uncomfortable, the main character is a total douchebag but blonde rem just eats it up. Now she wants to have sex with him and call him papa. I hate this.

I like how you try to put this in a real life situation, with him molesting the child, but don't mention how she tried to kill him.
The thing with papa is a joke lol
And I really doubt that she wanted to have sex with him.
Let's not forget this is anime.

Btw am I the only one that loves the MCs voice?

I like the mc voice from every anime he did the voice
Jul 14, 2019 5:45 AM
Jul 2019
Ah ah stop it boi's & girls lemme tell you something...suppose somebody is trying to start off with something but they don't have much resource and knowledge but still trying to start off and when other ppls going tell em it's fkng crap it's real crap it does feel real bad you know...so don't get too rough man just tell em to do better next time instead of demotivating them like to the extend that gives them huge shock of discouragement...I can see that other than the characters the background objects are pretty much choppy and dull not properly colored it looks cheap steak but for me I don't care for anime's like of comedy genre and which gets my approval cus most of the times my focus is on characters rather than the background and yeah for this one I didn't notice CU's my focus was 100% on characters cus there was not much to look at background for this anime...but for anime's of genre like mystery, psychological,horror,and some others my focus is on everything because for me it makes you the main character and makes you to think and process and understand and conclude in terms of past,present and future based elements and the factors relating thereof...so yeah cool of & try not to come off from one side only...I have watched dozens and dozens of animes whether I liked it or not I tried to endured it even though I wanted to rage and go crazy at times because it was so unbearable...anime is crazy at times it can connect you but I forgot the last time I had that feeling I was there I am in a different world that mixed up nonchalant feeling that drives you crazy...I want to experience that feeling again someday...stay all better.
Jul 14, 2019 5:45 AM
Jul 2019
Ah ah stop it boi's & girls lemme tell you something...suppose somebody is trying to start off with something but they don't have much resource and knowledge but still trying to start off and when other ppls going tell em it's fkng crap it's real crap it does feel real bad you know...so don't get too rough man just tell em to do better next time instead of demotivating them like to the extend that gives them huge shock of discouragement...I can see that other than the characters the background objects are pretty much choppy and dull not properly colored it looks cheap steak but for me I don't care for anime's like of comedy genre and which gets my approval cus most of the times my focus is on characters rather than the background and yeah for this one I didn't notice CU's my focus was 100% on characters cus there was not much to look at background for this anime...but for anime's of genre like mystery, psychological,horror,and some others my focus is on everything because for me it makes you the main character and makes you to think and process and understand and conclude in terms of past,present and future based elements and the factors relating thereof...so yeah cool of & try not to come off from one side only...I have watched dozens and dozens of animes whether I liked it or not I tried to endured it even though I wanted to rage and go crazy at times because it was so unbearable...anime is crazy at times it can connect you but I forgot the last time I had that feeling I was there I am in a different world that mixed up nonchalant feeling that drives you crazy...I want to experience that feeling again someday...stay all better.
Jul 14, 2019 10:11 AM
Jan 2019
Hahaha, I was not sure to follow this anime in the first episode, but I changed my mind. At least, it will serve to pass the time and laugh a little. The characters are fun. I like the protagonist 😂.

"I always act like a gentleman, I just choose who to treat well." We are two already, friend 👌.
Jul 15, 2019 8:40 PM

Aug 2018
I guess this goes in the ''it is so bad, it's good'' bin. There is more still shots than animation in it, and it's creepy af, BUT the comedy landed well with me and i'm morbidly curious to see more.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 16, 2019 10:44 AM
Jan 2018
im gonna watch this just to see if he builds a castle otherwise the still shots are annoying
Jul 18, 2019 4:19 AM

Jun 2017
Lol, holy maiden got spanked in the butt.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 18, 2019 2:51 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
Aku is really growing on me. Her innocence is cute and I can't help but root that she overcomes her timid ways and becomes confident. Luna is the yeller of the show I see not my favorites but it can be funny or less annoying if done right.
Aug 5, 2019 1:58 PM

Mar 2017
This show is pretty funny actually. Plot isn't anything special but the comedy is kinda decent.
Sep 28, 2019 11:54 AM

Jan 2016
WHY IS THIS SHOW NOT LABELLED AS A FUCKING COMEDY LMFAAOOOO

WHEN HE STARTED SPANKING THE HOLY MAIDEN I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING LMFAO THIS SHIT IS GREAT

AND THEN HE FUCKING ROBBED HER LMMMFFFAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oct 15, 2019 10:08 AM

May 2018
Just start watching this anime now, because my fall watching list isn't too much. This is actually good and funny. I don't see the Maou as OP MC, only a guy who know his own game very well. Love Aku, too. Too cute.
Nov 7, 2019 5:33 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit we were so close to having followed an eroge road...

I wonder how long it will take for our mc to realize he has become an old man and that he basically acts as one too with his 'daughter'

Nov 15, 2019 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
the part he spanked holy maiden i lost it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Nov 15, 2019 3:15 PM

Sep 2012
BTDee said:
WHY IS THIS SHOW NOT LABELLED AS A FUCKING COMEDY LMFAAOOOO

WHEN HE STARTED SPANKING THE HOLY MAIDEN I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING LMFAO THIS SHIT IS GREAT

AND THEN HE FUCKING ROBBED HER LMMMFFFAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ikr, i lost it at that part 🤣🤣🤣🤣😂

Dec 25, 2019 3:25 PM

Aug 2017
I think that the comedy aspect from this isekai is better than fight scenes.

It was hilarious when he spanked the holy maiden and then he robbed her lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 10, 2020 7:17 PM
Jul 2017
Loved it when he was spanking that pink haired tsundere chick's ass repeatedly. The Demon Lord is a true yakuza boss. Best he could have used a whip and give her permanent red whip marks on her ass. Geez, that girl was so fucking annoying.
Mar 23, 2021 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
Luna wants Papa to (i don't mean it in a dirty way) lol

AnimeJunky said:
That ass spanking had me rolling. lmao Plus stealing her money to boot. xD I love this anime.

Also, Must protect Aku's smile. <3

same here lol
Sugram22Mar 23, 2021 1:04 PM
Mar 29, 2021 10:27 PM

Oct 2020
Bruh that scene where he spanked the pink hair girl that was fucking gold
Apr 8, 2021 11:02 PM
Dec 2020
they even gave stats to the cigarette lmao
Aug 15, 2021 8:21 PM
Jul 2021
Damn I actually like this show, but the Ring that talks to him and takes over him and knocks him down is REALLY stupid. Maybe they did it better in the Manga but its F'n dumb in the show, and now he looks totally different with white hair?
Aug 28, 2022 2:09 AM
Aug 2022
this anime is very cool in my opinion
Jan 10, 2023 3:19 PM
Jul 2020
They used so many cost cutting techniques, you're left wondering how their budget got approved to make an anime in the first place.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

96 by Rudyanto13 »»
Mar 21, 6:52 AM

» Season 2 when?

Iroha_Pixie - May 18, 2021

31 by Allsaints112 »»
Feb 6, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2019

53 by GabaGej »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

87 by icegodz12 »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

61 by Muow »»
Oct 29, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.