Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2014 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
I feel as if the "death flags" are just a way to build up tension and intensity to this show, rather than actually foreshadowing her to die. It's most likely a red herring.

#calledit
Dec 18, 2014 8:08 PM
Jul 2012
Nice. Things are kicking off! Kousei played it smooth. That's good he didn't stall on saying that. Next episode, expecting a confession? Probably not likely. So glad that Shigatsu has 22 episodes!
Dec 18, 2014 8:22 PM

Oct 2013
It was a pretty slow episode but that firefly scene at the end made up for it. Loved the insert song and when Kousei said, "I had you". For a second there I thought he was going to fully confess to her.

And the death flag is everywhere.
Dec 18, 2014 8:27 PM

Oct 2013
I'm glad we are getting off from Kousei's backstory now. It was just too melodramatic for my tastes.

Good episode. Kousei's mother's friend (godmother?) is really cool, and her kid is so kawaii! This show has a way of pulling off some otherwise incredibly melodramatic and cheesy moments and making them heartwarming or heartstring-pulling, depending on the context. Great final scene.

mayukachan said:
I feel as if the "death flags" are just a way to build up tension and intensity to this show, rather than actually foreshadowing her to die. It's most likely a red herring.

#calledit

My prediction is she is going to be on her last breath on a hospital bed, and then the beepy thing in the hospital that measures heart rate or something (forgot what its actually called) goes flat, and Kousei kisses her and brings her back to life (I'm looking at you, Aldnoah.Zero).
BestPrediction2k14
Dec 18, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2012
furdlemygurdle said:
My prediction is she is going to be on her last breath on a hospital bed, and then the beepy thing in the hospital that measures heart rate or something (forgot what its actually called) goes flat, and Kousei kisses her and brings her back to life (I'm looking at you, Aldnoah.Zero).
BestPrediction2k14

LOLOL, because main characters NEVER die!

Seeing as this is adapted from a shounen manga, it isn't entirely impossible for something like that to happen.
Dec 18, 2014 8:33 PM

Oct 2013
mayukachan said:
furdlemygurdle said:
BestPrediction2k14

Seeing as this is adapted from a shounen manga, it isn't entirely impossible for something like that to happen.

You should watch/read Dragon Ball Z. Literally everyone on the planet died at least once and got resurrected.
Dec 18, 2014 8:37 PM

Oct 2013
That insert song in the end reminded me a bit of Clannad Afterstory. It sounds similar to one of it's songs.

Jul 2012
I've watched DBZ three times. I know what you mean.

Dec 2011
This anime is just beyond beautiful and love Hiroko-san.Glad she gonna be Kousei piano teacher and more death flag for Kaori in this episode.So far nearly perfect adaptation of the manga.
Dec 18, 2014 8:39 PM

Aug 2014
furdlemygurdle said:
I'm glad we are getting off from Kousei's backstory now. It was just too melodramatic for my tastes.

Good episode. Kousei's mother's friend (godmother?) is really cool, and her kid is so kawaii! This show has a way of pulling off some otherwise incredibly melodramatic and cheesy moments and making them heartwarming or heartstring-pulling, depending on the context. Great final scene.

mayukachan said:

#calledit

BestPrediction2k14

Are you sure you're not predicting Snow white?
Dec 18, 2014 8:40 PM

Nov 2007
mayukachan said:

I could give away 10 names of main characters right now but I don't spoil others. :D

Good average episode overall. Definitely much better than the previous episode. I just hope KaWoRi doesn't have the same ending as the manga.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 18, 2014 8:41 PM

Jul 2012
shanimebib said:
I could give away 10 names of main characters right now but I don't spoil others. :D

I'm talking about the shows that actually follow that rule. Cough, DBZ, Hamatora, Aldnoah Zero, Akame ga Kill... etc.
Dec 18, 2014 9:03 PM

Jul 2014
furdlemygurdle said:

BestPrediction2k14

LOL that would be interesting but unfortunately it will not be like that way, Kousei will once again going under a mental breakdown after the main issue of Kaori's illness get revealed. I just can't imagine if she really dies, If she does ... It would be all the same like what happened on his Mother.

Dec 18, 2014 9:39 PM

Oct 2013
Seiryuu2 said:
furdlemygurdle said:

BestPrediction2k14

LOL that would be interesting but unfortunately it will not be like that way, Kousei will once again going under a mental breakdown after the main issue of Kaori's illness get revealed. I just can't imagine if she really dies, If she does ... It would be all the same like what happened on his Mother.

I know it won't happen, but it's just a silly theory. I really don't know if she will actually die or not, but if she isn't gonna die, I hope they don't pull it out of their ass like my previous prediction.
Dec 18, 2014 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
"You know, I'm not always going to be around to help you..." - Charlie Brown

Ggwp
Dec 18, 2014 9:59 PM

Jan 2011
Hiroko Seto is so flipping pretty. Like I was kinda awe struck when she was first shown.

In any case, beautiful episode. Got some goosebumps after some of those dialogues. Love it.
Dec 18, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2014
furdlemygurdle said:
Seiryuu2 said:

I know it won't happen, but it's just a silly theory. I really don't know if she will actually die or not, but if she isn't gonna die, I hope they don't pull it out of their ass like my previous prediction.

Yups, but well let's see how the anime goes :)

Dec 18, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
Kousei pretty much confessed and then death flags... death flags everywhere!!!
Dec 18, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
Kind of felt bad for Takeshi this episode. He saw Kousei as his hero his entire life and now he was crushed with a new reality.

The tone of that firefly scene changed so fast. Literally from the dramatic and romantic "what did your heart lean on?" "I had you"...to death flag.

Instead of being happy, her internal response was literally, you know...I'm going to be dead within the next 11 episodes leaving you with nothing again.

Hospital visit. Stage collapse. Kousei always commenting on how fragile she looks. Tons of pills in the bathroom. Near death from climbing stairs. Firefly light going out/internal monologue..................RIP Kaori. Inb4 feels.
Dec 18, 2014 10:24 PM

Jul 2011
Was waiting for the fireflies scene and it was so pretty. ♥ :')
Dec 18, 2014 10:25 PM

Jan 2008
Was that another death flag they just threw at us?
Dec 18, 2014 10:35 PM
Nov 2014
So much poem as usual, but I like development in this episode.

Kousei finally confessed his felling to kawori.

I can't wait next episode!!
Dec 18, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2012
Do you guys have nothing to comment on other than the death flags?
Dec 18, 2014 10:44 PM

Feb 2013
This episode presents the basis of what is coming to them. The new teacher of Kousei was an old friend of his mother, interesting.
Now I'm curious to know if Kaori really has any serious illness or something like that.
Well damn, let's wait till next year then.

Dec 18, 2014 10:57 PM

Aug 2014
So that new character know Kousei mom and is going to be a instructor to him, wish will not be the same like his mom.

The ending of this episode is telling me something bad is going happen to Kaori.
Dec 18, 2014 11:01 PM

Dec 2012
Another sweet and great episode.
Hiroko is a very interesting character.
Takeshi saw Arima as a hero back when they were younger.
On to the next performance and Kaori and Kousei doing one at a special event.
Cannot wait for that.
That scene with the fireflies was beautiful.
I am getting worried when Kaori said she was not always going to be around to help at the end.
As always looking forward to the next episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 18, 2014 11:06 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:

"Dat cliffhanger"; "Omg perfect episode <3 AOTS"; "Awful generic work, as expected of A-1"; "Not enough sakura petals"; "Pretentious dialogues, overdramatic"
Dec 18, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2012
surfboard_ said:
mayukachan said:

"Dat cliffhanger"; "Omg perfect episode <3 AOTS"; "Awful generic work, as expected of A-1"; "Not enough sakura petals"; "Pretentious dialogues, overdramatic"

Thank

I kind of meant it rhetorically haha
Dec 18, 2014 11:18 PM

Aug 2013
That last scene with Kaori quoting "Peanuts" is actually kind of funny out of context.

Hopefully she will pass away soon so that this anime won't continue to chug along at a snail's pace.

That whole "hero" spiel elevated the height of this show's pretentiousness above that of "Ping Pong The Animation", which I'm just impressed by at this point.
Dec 18, 2014 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
Ah there we go Kaori's death flag

still waiting for Liebeslied hypeee :3

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Dec 18, 2014 11:46 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
surfboard_ said:

Thank

I kind of meant it rhetorically haha

I was expecting for more heated (or flamming or hateful) discussions over this episode/show in general, but I myself don't have anything else to talk about, so I'm hoping for different people to bring something to talk about.

StevenHu said:
That last scene with Kaori quoting "Peanuts" is actually kind of funny out of context.

Hopefully she will pass away soon so that this anime won't continue to chug along at a snail's pace.

That whole "hero" spiel elevated the height of this show's pretentiousness above that of "Ping Pong The Animation", which I'm just impressed by at this point.

Ping Pong pretentious? You better explain yourself!
Dec 18, 2014 11:46 PM

Apr 2010
More death flags. More death flags everywhere.
Dec 18, 2014 11:48 PM

Jul 2012
surfboard_ said:
I was expecting for more heated (or flamming or hateful) discussions over this episode/show in general, but I myself don't have anything else to talk about, so I'm hoping for different people to bring something to talk about.

It's too bad, because the majority of the criticisms are the same shit from the previous few weeks. And the other guy who keeps on hating on it won't even admit why he hates it, haha. I wish there was more discussion on the actual classical rather than the anime. Or maybe someone could give a story about their own piano concour experiences.
Dec 19, 2014 12:08 AM

Aug 2013
surfboard_ said:
Ping Pong pretentious? You better explain yourself!

I loved the show for everything it stood for as well as how it was overall presented, but Masaaki Yuasa is probably the most pretentious anime director out there in terms of how he chooses to emphasize symbols and frame the shots.

Of course, that doesn't at all stop me from enjoying his work.
Dec 19, 2014 12:10 AM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
I wish there was more discussion on the actual classical rather than the anime.

I'll probably criticize it later but I wish they wouldn't throw more Chopin. They'll also including Tchaikovsky, Debussy and Ravel. Does Japan neglect baroque-period music or they just think it doesn't have potential to attract the audience?
Dec 19, 2014 12:11 AM

May 2013
Decent episode. Too much judging from the crowd. It annoys me a bit. They should just appreciate the performance.
Was that a flat out confession I just saw? It looked like it was. That phrase, "I had you" was perfect for the mood. Kaori answered silently. More death flags I suppose?
Dec 19, 2014 12:15 AM
Oct 2010
Despite my prayers, Unlimited death flags.
Dec 19, 2014 12:19 AM

Feb 2014
StevenHu said:
I loved the show for everything it stood for as well as how it was overall presented, but Masaaki Yuasa is probably the most pretentious anime director out there in terms of how he chooses to emphasize symbols and frame the shots.

Of course, that doesn't at all stop me from enjoying his work.

You didn't explained yourself, but now I'm even more curious. What makes you think of Yuasa as someone pretentious? What is in Ping Pong that makes it pretencious? Is it inauthentic? Pedantic?
Dec 19, 2014 12:28 AM
Jul 2014
I think shes gonna go away for a few episodes and will be back in the end.. We are halfway through
Dec 19, 2014 12:53 AM

Jun 2014
tsubasalover said:
Meets a lady who is kind of like a big sister (she knows his mother). She also plays piano. He didn't advance as expected. He also saw competitors' happiness of advancing and sadness of not advancing.

So he has played all night until fallen asleep. To the next step. Wow @ that nice moment at night with fireflies. Though what violinist girl said at the end... bad flag?

Next ep. will be aired next January (2nd cour starts with new OP & ED!).

aw but i love the first opening. hope the second is going to be better
Dec 19, 2014 1:13 AM

Apr 2014
Man this anime is getting better and better with each ep for me.
The music was beautiful as usual, especially in the scene with the fireflies.

Dec 19, 2014 1:34 AM

Jan 2013
So Kaori's parents work on a cake shop.
At least now he has his mind clear, and knows what to do.
Dec 19, 2014 1:41 AM

Mar 2014
does anyone in here know the title of that song inserted at the end part? it's really good and relaxing. thanks in advance :)
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Dec 19, 2014 2:16 AM
Jan 2014
Excelion said:
Anyone know the song that plays when Kaori asks what Kousei leans on and he says "I had you"?

Okay, for everyone asking, the insert song at the end of the episode is "My Truth ~ Rondo Capriccioso" sung by Risa Taneda (the voice actress for Kaori).

It'll be on the soundtrack released on Jan. 21 (track 25 I'm pretty sure).
It might also be released as a single/on a character album.
RaikeronDec 19, 2014 2:19 AM
Dec 19, 2014 4:24 AM
Nov 2010
All I hope for is that Kaori doesn't die. Man, this series can end in either Kaori dying or not dying (there's just no telling at this point in time). It makes me feel anxious, worried and scared about what would happen to her...
Dec 19, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2014
CreamZi said:
Decent episode. Too much judging from the crowd. It annoys me a bit. They should just appreciate the performance.
Was that a flat out confession I just saw? It looked like it was. That phrase, "I had you" was perfect for the mood. Kaori answered silently. More death flags I suppose?

You surely don't know what an actual confession is, do you?
Dec 19, 2014 5:45 AM

Sep 2014
I LOVED this episode so much. Hirako-san is likeable already, which is fantastic. The final minute or two of the Anime was beautiful to say the least. I had chills. This Anime just keeps on getting better and better. But I'm still worried about Kaori's health though.
Dec 19, 2014 6:12 AM

Jun 2010
My ideal ending: Kousei x Kaori > Tsubaki will suicide because she got heartbroken > Kaori will die of sickness > Kousei will suicide because Kaori died.
Dec 19, 2014 6:31 AM

Aug 2014
-MgZ_ said:
My ideal ending: Kousei x Kaori > Tsubaki will suicide because she got heartbroken > Kaori will die of sickness > Kousei will suicide because Kaori died.

That is one violent ideology.
Dec 19, 2014 6:32 AM

Jul 2013
lol that obvious death flag near the end
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

332 by Jalexo »»
Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.