Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 5, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
I highly recommend re-watching it, I re-watched it 9 months ago and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences I had with anime, and any fiction in general.
Sep 5, 2014 12:54 PM
Jun 2014
I honestly think this is the best Naruto Episode for me. The battle was full of action as expected, and was very interesting to watch. COOLEST BATTLE EVER !!!! 5/5
Sep 5, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2012
One of the best episodes of all time!!!

That last scene... *O*
Sep 5, 2014 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
Art was dodgy again. I really hate the Naruto "special" animation style. Content was good though.
Sep 5, 2014 4:26 PM
Sep 5, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2012
I usually don't like Naruto Shippuden, but goddamn best fucking episode I've seen. Maybe best fight 2014 as well.
Sep 5, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2013
whew.. this episode sure is fast.. anyway go ahead and fool yourself all you want Sakura, Sasuke is still a traitorous murderer son of a-... arghh whatever. Once in a blue moon I watch the next episode's preview and I see that? another fucking filler? This show is really pushing it.. damn. Great episode though
Sep 5, 2014 9:09 PM

Jul 2014
Hands down the best episode in a very long time. Perhaps, since the Juubi's revival or Madara's impure reincarnation.
Sep 5, 2014 10:11 PM

Sep 2013
Shitty animation saved by everything else that was great about this episode.

r8 8/8
Sep 6, 2014 12:09 AM
May 2013
This Episode <3 One of the best Naruto Shippuuden episode i think :) 5/5 ^_^
Sep 6, 2014 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
I agree that this is one of the best episode to date. That hand to hand combat is so f* cool and fluid
Sep 6, 2014 1:43 AM
Jan 2011
Hey guys, how far are we from the manga? How much episodes are we likely to squeeze out on the curently available material ?
Sep 6, 2014 1:46 AM

Dec 2012
Milchy said:
Hey guys, how far are we from the manga? How much episodes are we likely to squeeze out on the curently available material ?

There is a 50+ chapters to adapt.

How many episodes we will have from them, depends a lot on the pacing, padding, breaks and fillers.
Sep 6, 2014 2:02 AM

Mar 2014
At this rate, 2015 could really be the end, heaven forbid.
Sep 6, 2014 3:40 AM
Apr 2014
th3pwnsh0p said:
Shitty animation saved by everything else that was great about this episode.

r8 8/8

Can't believe there's one who complain about the animation.
Sep 6, 2014 4:55 AM

Mar 2012
qemsxd said:

Turns out he didn't use Kamui to seal the Ten Tails. My bad :(

Back to the Kamui though. Yes, Obito could alternate between two Kamui mode and yes, the timer would reset. However, Obito could not attack while intangible because his attack would overlap with his target. So far, Obito only relies on "close range touch Kamui" to finish his opponent which requires him to undo his intangibility. All of Obito's previous opponents know this tricky jutsu and adjust their battle strategy to be able to land a hit on him. Let's see:

1. Danzo's underlings from Five Kage arc relied on counter attack strategy. They knew Obito would have to cancel his intangibility right before he attack them. Obito managed to fool them in this battle by using his own strategy.

2. Konan knew about the five minute restriction, so she made Obito fall into endless exploding paper for ten minute straight. The moment Obito switch into his normal Kamui mode, he would get caught by the explosion before he can suck himself into Kamui dimension. His intangibility would cancel itself for five minutes. However, Obito managed to avoid this by using Izanagi.

3. Minato used the same counter attack strategy. But he also added a surprise element. After Minato threw his kunai through Obito, poor inexperienced Obito switched to normal mode because he was sure his hand will touch Minato before Minato Rasengan could hit him. This was when Minato teleported by using Raijin Lv 2 and landed a hit.

4. Kakashi, Gai, and Naruto initially used counter attack strategy. However, present more experienced Obito managed to switch effortlessly between tangible and intangible. This was when Kakashi realized that intangibility worked similar to Kamui and he managed to use his own Kamui against Obito's intangibility.

So, Obito's intangibility made him so powerful in the past, before Kakashi realized his Kamui connection to Obito's.

And yeah, back to the episode. Obito will have his own version of "trying to control the Tailed Beast" in upcoming episodes. I will not say the specifics, though.

The more this gets looked on the more inconsistencies I find:

2: yes but why did he not use Kamui to just send himself to the other dimension if it were timeless?
3: same as above, but also, why didn't he use Kamui on the Kunai itself rather than his own head? That way he'd be completely rid of the Kunai. He was not as inexperienced as early story Naruto and even he knew much tonpractice this common sense (of how Kunais can be used for more than just Kunais)

So the way I see it, Kamui can be use like this:

1. Apply it on own body to send it to dimension
2- apply the same technique with a bit of longer range to send other things.
Is this under the limit too? Because technically once it's used it's already "off" the portal is shut. Will the timer work on the objects themselves? Because that means they should be coming back to reality after 5 minutes.

3- apply touch to send them.
How is the last one of no time constraint? (According to you,) What does the hand exactly do? It's an eye technique. Is the hand just some "condition" to activate indefinite Kamui? And if so, he could simply carry any object and take himself to the next dimension.
MikasaSep 6, 2014 5:06 AM
End Zionazism
Sep 6, 2014 4:59 AM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
I highly recommend re-watching it, I re-watched it 9 months ago and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences I had with anime, and any fiction in general.

Rewatch what?
Sep 6, 2014 5:45 AM
Feb 2013
5/5, This episode was awesome.

If I didn't already gave this anime a 10, I would now.
That fight is definitely in my top 3 of Naruto and maybe even anything, depends on how it will stand the test of time, I really thought Obito would easily defeat Kakashi though, because of the Rinnegan and other stuff such as Hashirama's cells etc.

Such good animated hand to hand combat is the best there is, the only other good anime with 'fight' animation of this/better quality imo(which I have seen) is Sword of the Stranger, which is a movie with a higher budget obviously. The only minor thing about it is that it wasn't that fluid throughtout because of less used frames.

Probably gonna rewatch this episode a couple of times. I wonder how Madara is going to react to Obito betraying him and how the allied shinobi forces will react to such power. The thing I don't get though, is how Obito can just seal the Ten Tails inside him without any ritual whereas Naruto had some taxing ritual if I'm not mistaken.

The thing I'm more afraid of is this turning into Dragonball Z where the antagonist(Obito) is very strong and can handle all of the Shinobi forces without any effort and then suddenly he gets defeated somehow. Also Obito shooting 'kamehameha's/lasers'' or some other powerful/OP jutsu.
I wonder how that is going to play out.
Sep 6, 2014 5:56 AM
Apr 2014
Mikasa said:
qemsxd said:

Turns out he didn't use Kamui to seal the Ten Tails. My bad :(

Back to the Kamui though. Yes, Obito could alternate between two Kamui mode and yes, the timer would reset. However, Obito could not attack while intangible because his attack would overlap with his target. So far, Obito only relies on "close range touch Kamui" to finish his opponent which requires him to undo his intangibility. All of Obito's previous opponents know this tricky jutsu and adjust their battle strategy to be able to land a hit on him. Let's see:

1. Danzo's underlings from Five Kage arc relied on counter attack strategy. They knew Obito would have to cancel his intangibility right before he attack them. Obito managed to fool them in this battle by using his own strategy.

2. Konan knew about the five minute restriction, so she made Obito fall into endless exploding paper for ten minute straight. The moment Obito switch into his normal Kamui mode, he would get caught by the explosion before he can suck himself into Kamui dimension. His intangibility would cancel itself for five minutes. However, Obito managed to avoid this by using Izanagi.

3. Minato used the same counter attack strategy. But he also added a surprise element. After Minato threw his kunai through Obito, poor inexperienced Obito switched to normal mode because he was sure his hand will touch Minato before Minato Rasengan could hit him. This was when Minato teleported by using Raijin Lv 2 and landed a hit.

4. Kakashi, Gai, and Naruto initially used counter attack strategy. However, present more experienced Obito managed to switch effortlessly between tangible and intangible. This was when Kakashi realized that intangibility worked similar to Kamui and he managed to use his own Kamui against Obito's intangibility.

So, Obito's intangibility made him so powerful in the past, before Kakashi realized his Kamui connection to Obito's.

And yeah, back to the episode. Obito will have his own version of "trying to control the Tailed Beast" in upcoming episodes. I will not say the specifics, though.

2: yes but why did he not use Kamui to just send himself to the other dimension if it were timeless?
3: same as above, but also, why didn't he use Kamui on the Kunai itself rather than his own head? That way he'd be completely rid of the Kunai. He was not as inexperienced as early story Naruto and even he knew much tonpractice this common sense (of how Kunais can be used for more than just Kunais)

Is this under the limit too? Because technically once it's used it's already "off" the portal is shut. Will the timer work on the objects themselves? Because that means they should be coming back to reality after 5 minutes.

How is the last one of no time constraint? (According to you,) What does the hand exactly do? It's an eye technique. Is the hand just some "condition" to activate indefinite Kamui? And if so, he could simply carry any object and take himself to the next dimension.

See, Obito's Kamui works like this. There are two versions of Kamui mode, one works different from the other and Obito can only use one mode at a time. He can switch back and forth instantly from one mode to the other manually. Both send objects to the same Kamui dimension.

1. Intangibility Mode: This can only be used to oneself body and whatever attached to it (clothes, weapon he currently hold). In this mode, Kamui automatically sends parts of his body that overlap with other object to the Kamui dimension. When they cease to overlap, the body part would automatically be sent back to the real world. This is the only time Kamui could cut off body portions without actually cutting them off. Obito could not control which body part will be sent to Kamui dimension, it's all automatic. This made and illusion of "intangibility", practically no attack could touch him in this mode.
The 5 minute restriction actually refers to the maximum time he could hold this mode without switching to another. NOT the time limit an object would be in Kamui dimension. So, say if someone could continuously attack Obito without any single moment of break for more than five minutes, Obito would surely receive the attack the moment he become "solid". This is what Konan exploit with her "10 minute continuous explosion".

2. Spiral Sucking Mode: This mode enables him to suck full objects to his eye (or get out from Kamui dimension), be it his own full body or other objects he touch. This only works on short range, and it took a while for the object to be fully sucked depending on the size of the object, compared to the instant intangibility. Sucking oneself body took even more time than sucking other object. This can clearly be seen in the anime in the form of "spiral sucking void" which took time to suck the object. But, once sucked, you cannot get out. No time restriction. Except other Kamui users, Obito or Kakashi, use the same jutsu to get you out. That's why Obito relied so much in this jutsu for attacking. It's no good for defense because you became solid and it took time before your body get into Kamui dimension.

For comparison, Kakashi's Kamui enables him to open the gate of Kamui at a point his eye could see. Kinda like Itachi's Amaterasu. This is long-ranged Kamui Obito did not have.

In Konan's fight, for the short period of time he switch from intangibility to sucking mode and the time he need to get his full body to Kamui mode via spiral gate, the explosion would have killed him. In Minato's fight, he simply caught off guard because he didn't know Minato could teleport himself to a moving marked kunai. If you fight Obito, once you're sucked, it's over. Obito was confident he could touch Minato and he was getting too cocky.

So, maybe you're just misunderstood about the time limit. Five minutes to hold intangibility mode, that's it.
Sep 6, 2014 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
PrOxAnto said:
tsudecimo said:

Rewatch what?

The series. This was a direct reply to:

Khawaja said:
Sadly, I don't remember most of the original Naruto now, thinking of watching it from the start someday these days. Long Live Naruto!
Sep 6, 2014 6:07 AM
Apr 2014
Rufeegee said:
5/5, This episode was awesome.

If I didn't already gave this anime a 10, I would now.
That fight is definitely in my top 3 of Naruto and maybe even anything, depends on how it will stand the test of time, I really thought Obito would easily defeat Kakashi though, because of the Rinnegan and other stuff such as Hashirama's cells etc.

Such good animated hand to hand combat is the best there is, the only other good anime with 'fight' animation of this/better quality imo(which I have seen) is Sword of the Stranger, which is a movie with a higher budget obviously. The only minor thing about it is that it wasn't that fluid throughtout because of less used frames.

Probably gonna rewatch this episode a couple of times. I wonder how Madara is going to react to Obito betraying him and how the allied shinobi forces will react to such power. The thing I don't get though, is how Obito can just seal the Ten Tails inside him without any ritual whereas Naruto had some taxing ritual if I'm not mistaken.

The thing I'm more afraid of is this turning into Dragonball Z where the antagonist(Obito) is very strong and can handle all of the Shinobi forces without any effort and then suddenly he gets defeated somehow. Also Obito shooting 'kamehameha's/lasers'' or some other powerful/OP jutsu.
I wonder how that is going to play out.

I'm not gonna spoil it, but there will be lots of power ups, to the point that I can imagine people calling it "BS asspulls" because that's exactly a lot of manga readers felt. However, no matter how many "new powers" arise, I can assure you that strategic element will always be implemented to fights. Even the most OP power in upcoming fight will have exploitable weakness.

Obito will have his own "ritual" or sort of in next episode. Not the Mecha Naruto filler, I mean the actual next episode.

And it's still a long time in the future, but we will get badass Taijutsu fight scene. It's badass enough in the manga and I hope it will get this episode level of quality.
Sep 6, 2014 6:13 AM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
PrOxAnto said:

Rewatch what?

The series. This was a direct reply to:

Khawaja said:
Sadly, I don't remember most of the original Naruto now, thinking of watching it from the start someday these days. Long Live Naruto!

Ah right ... my bad.
I honestly dont see myself rewatching this series, to much whiny stuff.
I really dislike Sakura and Sasuke as characters, allthough it was alright at the start of Naruto.

The series just didnt get to me as much as One Piece or Dragonball or DBZ did / still does.
I do have to say that Shippuuden is more entertaining for me over Naruto S1.

Funny enough the only really sad moment in Naruto was the first arc with Zabuza and Haku.

I do understand why others fall in love with this series though, just like DBZ is a nostalgia series for me ^^
Sep 6, 2014 6:18 AM

Dec 2012
Well can't say I agree with most of what you said, but okay different likes and such :o
Sep 6, 2014 6:18 AM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
Well can't say I agree with most of what you said, but okay different likes and such :o

Exactly, each to their own :)
Sep 6, 2014 6:25 AM

Mar 2012
1- I know, but being automatic is all well and good, it worked on Minato's Kunai but not his following attack? Or the attack after?

2- Kakashi's beginner Kamui was fast enough to go in and out severing Deidara's arm while he was moving fast. Fast enough to do all just to slice his arm rather than have it move along into the dimension.
when Kakashi applied it all the way to Obito and had Naruto hit him there.
All within time too fast for a Ninja's reflex.
Point is, it is not so slow.
This is exclusive to Kakashi you might say?
Tobi dematerialized himself fast enough to dodge Torune's attack and Danzo's Reverse Tetragram seal.
Regardless of all, he could have definitely dematerialized himself fast enough to avoid said attacks. Yes, the "intan." Is faster but with a limit like that and an expected attack, he could have just went there and waited the thing out
Edit: I rewatched Konan vs Tobi, you're right that sucking himself wasn't fast enough, but that means the phasing he did against Torune and Fuu was not his sucking technique, neither was it applied on his body, he created a long range portal. By long range I don't mean far, it was close to his body still, but NOT applied on the body itself. :)
MikasaSep 6, 2014 6:50 AM
End Zionazism
Sep 6, 2014 6:42 AM

Dec 2012

How are you not getting this?

Minato threw the Kunai, Obito used intangibility, the Kunai passed fully through Obito's head. Obito then materialized himself, in order to suck Minato. Then Minato's used flying rajin jutsu and attacked him with the Rasenga because Obito was solid in those seconds. He wasn't fast enough to react to that, and use the intangibility, it all happened in split seconds.

There are no other attacks after Minato's Rasengan. Their encounter ended after that.
Sep 6, 2014 6:49 AM
Apr 2014
Mikasa said:
1- I know, but being automatic is all well and good, it worked on Minato's Kunai but not his following attack? Or the attack after?

2- Kakashi's beginner Kamui was fast enough to go in and out severing Deidara's arm while he was moving fast. Fast enough to do all just to slice his arm rather than have it move along into the dimension.
when Kakashi applied it all the way to Obito and had Naruto hit him there.
All within time too fast for a Ninja's reflex.
Point is, it is not so slow.
This is exclusive to Kakashi you might say?
Tobi dematerialized himself fast enough to dodge Torune's attack and Danzo's Reverse Tetragram seal.
Regardless of all, he could have definitely dematerialized himself fast enough to avoid said attacks. Yes, the "intan." Is faster but with a limit like that and an expected attack, he could have just went there and waited the thing out.

Minato throw kunai. Goes intangible, kunai goes through. Obito extend his hand to reach Minato. Minato use Rasengan. He confirm his hand will touch Minato before Minato's Rasengan would touch him. Goes solid. Minato disappear, appear behind him, land Rasengan before he realize what's happening or switch back to intangible.

Obito fall to sea of paper tags. Tried to go solid and suck himself. Konan attach explosion tags to his body before he could teleport. Back to intangibility. She bomb him with continuous explosion. Use Izanagi. Died from explosion, revive himself.

Obito have to intentionally switch mode. That's why everyone tried to caught him off guard. Minato's Raijin Lv 2 is fast, and short period to suck himself is long enough for Konan to attach surrounding paper bombs to his body. Minato's Hirashin is fast enough that he can teleport while being sucked earlier by Obito. And in Minato fight case, Obito cannot wait. He was the one who have to stop Minato from interfering Kyuubi attack on the village. Obito was the chaser, not the one fleeing.

Being intangible is good, but he cannot attack. And when he want to suck people, he has to get close enough to touch them. His only strategy, before he broke his mask off, was simply charge to his opponent while intangible then switch to solid when he's close enough to teleport.
Sep 6, 2014 6:51 AM

Mar 2012
Before I reply check my edit so that the conversation wouldn't be out of sync!
End Zionazism
Sep 6, 2014 6:52 AM
Apr 2014
tsudecimo said:

Minato threw the Kunai, Obito used intangibility, the Kunai passed fully through Obito's head. Obito then materialized himself, in order to suck Minato. Then Minato's used flying rajin jutsu and attacked him with the Rasenga because Obito was solid in those seconds. He wasn't fast enough to react to that, and use the intangibility, it all happened in split seconds.

There are no other attacks after Minato's Rasengan. Their encounter ended after that.

Actually, there was. Minato use Hiraishin once again to stab Obito and cancel the contract. Maybe Obito was simply confused he didn't switch back to intangible right away.
Sep 6, 2014 7:17 AM
Apr 2014
Mikasa said:

Edit: I rewatched Konan vs Tobi, you're right that sucking himself wasn't fast enough, but that means the phasing he did against Torune and Fuu was not his sucking technique, neither was it applied on his body, he created a long range portal. By long range I don't mean far, it was close to his body still, but NOT applied on the body itself. :)

I'm reading Obito vs Torune & Fuu, at least the battle according to manga goes like this:

Torune throws kunai, Obito avoid. Fuu tries to use Shintenshin from behind, Obito switches to intangible, goes underground.

Obito appears behind Fuu, Fuu tries to cut him, sword goes through, Obito switches to solid, grab Fuu's hand, tries to punch him, Torune throws kunai, Obito switches to intangible, kunai goes through while his punch goes through Fuu, Obito jumps back, Fuu and Torune regroup.

Torune activate his poison insect in his hand, they both charge, Obito still intangibe, Fuu goes through, Obito tries to punch Fuu, Torune tries to punch Obito thinking he go solid, turns out still intangible, Torune goes through and punch Fuu instead.

Torune heals Fuu, Obito goes underground, Torune use poison insect on his whole body, Obito appear behind Torune, goes solid, touches Torune and sucks him, Obito's right arm infected by poison, Obito breaks his arm and kicks it to Fuu, Fuu dodges, Obito goes intangible, underground, appears on the ground Fuu standing, touches him and sucks him.

Obito just switch back between intangible and solid. His opponents tried to see an opening. That's how it always been.
Sep 6, 2014 10:31 AM

Dec 2008
Good episode, the animation was kind of bad at times. Next episode is a filler. xs
Sep 6, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
WTF? What was I watching? such detailed fight, such fluid movements!! They really took Obito vs Kakashi to another level, the fight wasn't even that intense in the manga. Damn.. the way they portrayed how he became the juubi jinchuuriki accompanied by the awesome music easily made this the best Shippuuden episode in a long time!

How I wish every episode can be this epic.
Sep 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Sep 2008
Epic Ep!! So Epic!!

Obito becomes Juubi's Jinchuuriki? Awesome ending.

Not so looking forward to Naruto vs Mecha Naruto next week -.-"

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Sep 6, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2013
Loved how they linked back to when Minato touched Obito a couple years ago. Nice plot twist.
Sep 6, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
Kakashi vs Obito fight was epic!
Sep 6, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2014
Mikasa said:

Here is how it goes.

Kamui has two forms. Long range and short range. Obito uses only short range Kamui (i.e. the one that works only with direct contact) and Kakashi uses only the long range type. Stating the reason that it's like that may constitute as spoiler for some people because it only recently got decisively confirmed in the manga (but it's already easy to guess: left and right eyes, bla bla bla). Obito's body is already in direct contact with his body, so that is why he can teleport himself.

Anything can be teleported out of the pocket dimension with or without any direct contact, and this goes for both Kakashi and Obito. That is why Kakashi can come out of the pocket dimension (provided he has enough chakra) but cannot go in there on his own.

Obito's intangibility, according to Sakura and in recent episodes Kakashi, is simply Obito teleporting portions of his body at the very moment an attack hits him. He is not really "intangible" in the strict sense of it.

According to Konan, Obito can only remain "intangible" (i.e. keeping one or more parts of his body in the pocket dimension) for a maximum of 5 minutes. Now here is the tricky part. Also according to Konan, Obito must have every part of his body present in the normal-world dimension before he can activate a Kamui that will move his entire body to another dimension (i.e. in order to start teleporting his whole body, no part of his body must be "intangible"). Also moving his whole body to the pocket dimension is much slower than moving another object or body to the pocket dimension. (Just watch episode 253 again carefully).

So when Konan activated the 10-minutes explosion, the only thing Obito could do was to keep using his "intangibility" (which kicks in almost instantly) because completely teleporting away will expose his entire body to the explosion for a brief moment.

I hope that helped.
anime_papaSep 6, 2014 6:07 PM
Sep 6, 2014 7:26 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty cool episode, wasn't disappointed. Not supper excited for next week but curious about mecha naruto since its going to be in the upcoming game.
Sep 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
Very good animation
Terrible art.
Sep 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Feb 2014
Taito10 said:
Very good animation
Terrible art.

Actually this was true, though. It was too bad they didn't do it well on this episode considering next week is filler (special extra if you nitpicking about it).
Sep 8, 2014 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
Kakashi vs Obito fight was epic, loved the flashbacks!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Sep 9, 2014 9:50 AM

Jul 2014
What an awesome fight scene between Kakashi and Obito. One of the best episodes in Shippuuden. I love the flashback.
Naruto is one of a few anime that I don't want to live within. What with all the choice is like live just for a greater cause and kill all the people that you care for.
Google first, ask later
Sep 9, 2014 6:41 PM

Dec 2012
That had to be the most satisfying fight from Naruto that I've seen in a while, it was so emotional and brilliant how they switched between the past and present while keeping it all smooth and flowing. This breakdown in Madara and Obito's alliance is very intriguing, now I'm looking forward to how this all out 3 way is going to turn out. Or possibly 4 way, depending on Sasuke's true intentions.
Sep 9, 2014 9:25 PM

Jan 2012
oh boy fillers... my favorite!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 10, 2014 6:51 AM

Oct 2009
Holy shit! Now that was amazing!!!!! Probably one of the best Naruto episodes ever!!!! That fight choreography was so good!!!! And the way Obito used Kakashi hand to weave the jutsu signs was great! I wish all the fights were so amazing *-*
Brilliant episode, emotional, great use of the OST and animation.
I love how Madara just sits there without giving fuck about anything while everyone is beating the shit out of each other!
AozureSep 10, 2014 6:58 AM
Sep 11, 2014 5:23 AM
Dec 2011
i have already watched the episode 3 time and going to watch it again 4th rime soon.kakashi sensei and obitos fight was just epic actually everything was so epic emotional the feelings you get bt watching this is unimaginable when minato started to sense his jutsu mark and noticed the way OBITO came back from other DEMENTION he knew that second that this is the man who tried to kill my child and wife also attacked the leaf .. then after he attacked OBITO the unexpected surprise minato got from seeing obitos face up close like sayind "its OBITO???!!" this moment was priceless! a master is like a parent to a student no matter what age a master will always recognized his student ! unbelievable MINATO MARKED MASKED MAN BACK THEN! AND NOW HE FINALLY KNOW THAT MAN WAS HIS OWN STUDENT ! it was sad and ironic! :3 i love this episode ! :3 i don't want NARUTO TO EVER END! I LOVE IT SO MUCH ! :3
Sep 11, 2014 8:20 AM

Mar 2012
Sorry for the late reply guys,

qemsxd said:
tsudecimo said:

Actually, there was. Minato use Hiraishin once again to stab Obito and cancel the contract. Maybe Obito was simply confused he didn't switch back to intangible right away.

I'm surprised someone else remembers the series as much as I do :O

But you said it would activate automatically and that "he has no control over which body part phases out", to paraphrase.

[/sPoiler]

Obito have to intentionally switch mode. That's why everyone tried to caught him off guard. Minato's Raijin Lv 2 is fast, and short period to suck himself is long enough for Konan to attach surrounding paper bombs to his body. Minato's Hirashin is fast enough that he can teleport while being sucked earlier by Obito. And in Minato fight case, Obito cannot wait. He was the one who have to stop Minato from interfering Kyuubi attack on the village. Obito was the chaser, not the one fleeing.
[/spoiler]
The moment he switched he pretty much the kamui went off and intangibility should have worked if it were as you described.
Or at least the second time.

I'm reading Obito vs Torune & Fuu, at least the battle according to manga goes like this:

Torune throws kunai, Obito avoid. Fuu tries to use Shintenshin from behind, Obito switches to intangible, goes underground.

Obito appears behind Fuu, Fuu tries to cut him, sword goes through, Obito switches to solid, grab Fuu's hand, tries to punch him, Torune throws kunai, Obito switches to intangible, kunai goes through while his punch goes through Fuu, Obito jumps back, Fuu and Torune regroup.

Torune activate his poison insect in his hand, they both charge, Obito still intangibe, Fuu goes through, Obito tries to punch Fuu, Torune tries to punch Obito thinking he go solid, turns out still intangible, Torune goes through and punch Fuu instead.

He definitely used two different forms of the attack, one is phasing himself out, the other is creating a portal and sliding/falling into it. This means he can definitely create the same portal kamui as kakashi (not applied on the body), but for a juch shorter range. Still good enough to absorb that Kunai though.

It kinda makes little sense how it takes less time when he sucks in others, alongside himself because he's still sucking himself into it.

1- how can he "only use long form", it's not really about two types but about magnitude or distance more accurately, he can just have his kamui applied shorter

2- yes and how can the pocket dimension not be subject to the 5 minute rule? I get it takes longer but not why different conditions apply, unless:

but cannot go in there on his own.

How so? He showed he could get in twice on his own, unless Pocket dimension is different from Intangibility dimension.

Obito's intangibility, according to Sakura and in recent episodes Kakashi, is simply Obito teleporting portions of his body at the very moment an attack hits him. He is not really "intangible" in the strict sense of it.

Yeah I don't think anyone is disputing that :P

Her explanation makes sense, but my question above still stands.
And he could have just gotten into the dimension again and waiting out the explosion, and if she doesn't trigger it, he can teleport back out closer to her and grab her. Boom.

So when Konan activated the 10-minutes explosion, the only thing Obito could do was to keep using his "intangibility" (which kicks in almost instantly) because completely teleporting away will expose his entire body to the explosion for a brief moment.

If he were to use Izanagi, might have as well tried going pocket dimension.
MikasaSep 11, 2014 8:25 AM
End Zionazism
Sep 11, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2010
Incredible action was presented
Kakashi battling Obito was one of the best fighting scenes I've seen in a while

Sasuke seems to have a different objective in this war which Sai has picked up

Obito's transformation looks creepy
Sep 12, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2008
The beginning of the episode was heavy on the foreshadowing after reading the latest chapter (Chapter 692 for those wondering).

However once we got to Kakashi vs Obito, Oh my god that was amazing. Best fight I can remember in such a long time. Absolutely brilliant. After that there was some wonky animation but overall Obito just went jinchuriki on us.

I wish we had more but instead we get stupid promo filler next, the worst of all.
Sep 13, 2014 8:02 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't find it all that great..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 17, 2014 1:58 PM
Aug 2014
Hands down, one of the best fight scenes I have ever seen and believe me I have seen a lot. No scene-to-scene fights just full view action. Might have to be up there with the Naruto/Sasuke fight and the Jiraiya/Pain fight.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 310 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtimesGamer - Apr 25, 2013

59 by Sasutaschi »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 322 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

GotenSakurauchi - Jul 25, 2013

229 by Ryosuke20 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Prime Hashirama vs Prime Might guy-- who will win if they fought each other?

SOL_481 - Jun 8

12 by Early_Morning »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 27 Discussion

OriginalName - Aug 30, 2007

40 by pickyotaku »»
Yesterday, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkvoltage - Aug 23, 2007

63 by pickyotaku »»
Yesterday, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.