Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2014 4:21 PM
Aug 2014
MAH GAWD. Thought my heart was gonna break seeing Twelve's face when Nine made it clear that Lisa's gonna die. Seems like he couldn't keep that promise about not getting involved with anyone..

I'm going all fan-girl-mode about this show, can't believe it'll be over within a month.

Buuut, still think that the show would be better off without Five, I hate sadistic villains that are aware of how evil they are.
Aug 21, 2014 4:47 PM
Jul 2013
Wow!

I wonder if Shibazaki will be jailed or something.

Lisa is fucked
Aug 21, 2014 4:49 PM
Aug 2013
i still cant believe that nine actually went through with twelve's pled to save lisa and on top of that, asking the police to help him with it!

definitely looking forward to more of five's appearances personally
Aug 21, 2014 4:49 PM
May 2011
Still very good, but Five is too much.

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but in the opening 9 does Bebop's signature 'shot' while falling, can that be a flag?
Aug 21, 2014 5:03 PM

Jan 2012
KusattaTamago said:
Overall it was a gripping episode but god damn it, how are the people under Five's orders willing to do this shit?
They're like "Oh yeah, let's kill a bunch of people to put the blame on those Sphinx kids. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Human lives, eh? Pssh...who needs 'em anyway."
I guess they're just really evil motherfuckers themselves.
Not to mention after her plan was found out by Shibazaki, you'd think they'd arrest her and her underlings for purposefully endangering people's lives but nooo... =D
Oh well...

PS: That English though! Pure comedy. xD

Totally agree about that part lets blow up plane and kill hundreds of people for fun. I really doubt that blue bitch will get arrested or something like that even her plan was clearly exposed because anime antagonist don't go away that lame. And how the hell they even played chess. All what 5 was doing "to play the moves" was running around the airport like an idiot. Its a good watch and I really hope this show wont blow up of the proportion in ridiculous way.
Aug 21, 2014 5:23 PM
May 2014
intense episode, but I'm growing skeptical on the anime as a whole. what will happen in just four more episodes??? Will it find an end within that time-frame, or will it be a cliff-hanger awaiting a sequel??? Prob will have a sequel imo, or at least I hope so since it's damn good.
Aug 21, 2014 5:24 PM
Mar 2013
Kinda boring, they spent the first half just running around and then Five like a Psycho girlfriend
Aug 21, 2014 5:27 PM

Mar 2013
Dat Five Engrish though...
Lisa is so damn cute, but she's literally affecting the plot direction of the series, considering Five has her ID card now >.>
I have a feeling this show would've been better off without her :/
Aug 21, 2014 5:29 PM

Apr 2012
Awesome jazz OST in the middle of the episode. The blind chess part was alright but the latter half of the episode was much better.

Aug 21, 2014 5:46 PM

Oct 2012
So it's been decided, Lisa is going to be Sphinx's downfall. She's gonna get one of the 2 killed.

Very good episode. I'm starting to get worried though, there's still so many unanswered questions and there's only 5 eps left... eh.
Aug 21, 2014 5:52 PM

Mar 2012
FestinaLente said:
I enjoyed it. Too bad there's only 4 more episodes :(

Yup, unfortunately :/

I love "japanese-english", it's really funny.
Aug 21, 2014 5:54 PM

Dec 2013
As usual, another awesome episode. I'm worried for Lisa; Five needs to back up.
It just hit me that there are only four episodes left, and that comes as a bit of a shock to me. I feel like there's a lot that is still unanswered--I'm still wondering where exactly the plot is going and feel like the show is still starting up. Hopefully we get some answers soon and it doesn't feel rushed!
Aug 21, 2014 5:55 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Maybe it has something to do with the show having like 4 different writers or something.

It does? Ouch. That is not a good sign for an original animation work.

Reminds me of Suisei no Gargantia, K, or Galileli Donna, shows that started strong, but then started to flay as the series progressed, ending in a complete unadulterated mess. Original writing by committee very seldom works.

But fingers crossed, still hoping though.

But to bitch a little (we need a bitch tag):

Ah, that felt good.

Hey Kaioshin. Is there a show this season that you have been enjoying? Outside of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki there hasn't been a show that I would rank above average. Watching Aldnoah Zero (and SAO) but outside of that nothing has garnered my attention. Is there anything you would recommend.
Aug 21, 2014 5:58 PM
Mar 2013
I'm trying so hard not to think of the subtle romance (?) between Twelve and Lisa but I just can't help but ship them. Ugh. Oh well, at least this episode was heart pounding and great! I can't wait for next week~
Aug 21, 2014 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
What an INTENSE episode~! Cannot wait for next one

Everything was great the chess, the tricks, the gun, the collaboration with Shibazaki, the plane ahh

pakoko said:
"You should have sacrificed your queen" -Nine to Twelve in episode 4.

These words are foreshadowing the consequences Nine and Twelve must face because they now BOTH decided to make Lisa an accomplice. Five will surely make Nine and Twelve regret letting Lisa on board, but I'm not looking forward to it :(

gah
Aug 21, 2014 6:01 PM
Oct 2012
I love people who post the same comments and ask for questions when it was already answered before hand. Get's really tiring when the answer has already been discussed. Again, who's to say Five planning all the move? Corrupt politicians who runs everything and the Rising Peace Academy wouldn't risk killing innocent to backhand and gain interest of other nations to stop these terrorists.

I believe this is a grander scheme than Five coming in. And to those saying she's some genius... no.

If she was Light from Death Note, she'd own multiple and multiple options if one plan failed and the other.

Her face and surprise shown on Shibazaki changing the coordinates and risking their lives showed surprise and a shred of her teenage self. That combined when Nine had her in a trap showed she's not entirely perfect. She's vulnerable.
Aug 21, 2014 6:02 PM

Mar 2012
As someone else said, one of them is probably going to die in the next episodes.
Aug 21, 2014 6:02 PM

Jun 2013
Okay, so Twelve definitely has a thing for Lisa... and I don't mind one bit. I ship them so hard, but I know it's not going to end well.
Aug 21, 2014 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
pakoko said:

These words are foreshadowing the consequences Nine and Twelve must face because they now BOTH decided to make Lisa an accomplice. Five will surely make Nine and Twelve regret letting Lisa on board, but I'm not looking forward to it :(

good catch. that quote was definitely referring to this episode and the next one. the next 4 episodes will be quite a roller coaster ride. someone is bound to die or be a sacrifice
Aug 21, 2014 6:06 PM
Oct 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Maybe it has something to do with the show having like 4 different writers or something.

It does? Ouch. That is not a good sign for an original animation work.

Reminds me of Suisei no Gargantia, K, or Galileli Donna, shows that started strong, but then started to flay as the series progressed, ending in a complete unadulterated mess. Original writing by committee very seldom works.

But fingers crossed, still hoping though.

But to bitch a little (we need a bitch tag):

Ah, that felt good.

Hey Kaioshin. Is there a show this season that you have been enjoying? Outside of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki there hasn't been a show that I would rank above average. Watching Aldnoah Zero (and SAO) but outside of that nothing has garnered my attention. Is there anything you would recommend.

4 writers? Damn. I thought Watanabe owned complete control since he's the author or considered author of the visual storytelling. Then again, the writing might be shitty but in technicalities and the skill of it getting handled, it's great. Music, cinema shots, emphasis on items shading. It shows much promise. I only hope the next four episodes don't stall and shows a continuous pattern or moving forward.
Aug 21, 2014 6:15 PM

Nov 2012
Intense episode.

Glad they saved Lisa.

Felt so good to see them get away from Shizaki right in front of his face.It was like a major fuck you/in your face type thing.
Aug 21, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2009
lisa so useless, 5 has so much authority that i dont even think the president even has.
Aug 21, 2014 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
This has transcended my expectations so much. The episode itself had my basically jumping up and down because of the intensity. I feel like Lisa has finally gained a purpose in her position as accomplice. I'm still not sure if I love or hate Shibazaki, but I'm leaning toward love.
Goddammit Five is a great villain.
orchidork said:
pakoko said:

good catch. that quote was definitely referring to this episode and the next one. the next 4 episodes will be quite a roller coaster ride. someone is bound to die or be a sacrifice

That quote when right over my head at the time, but shit, that's some extreme foreshadowing.
Aug 21, 2014 7:23 PM

May 2013
Pure action episode, and a very good one at that. I'm still pretty worried that none of this is really going to come together in any meaningful way thematically or in terms of writing (which has been leaving me cold recently) but the show manages to make me not care about that shit while watching since it's directed so fucking masterfully.

Being the poor man's Death Note for a couple episodes has been fun, but I'd really like it if the writers could bring some of that earlier magic back for the final run of episodes. I've sort of lost hope for any earth shattering character developments -- at this point just want them to say something meaningful with these themes it's got just lying around.

ALSO, ALL THAT ENGRISH, CAN YOU DIG IT? I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT.
StarmacAug 21, 2014 7:38 PM
Aug 21, 2014 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
I'm surprised they got away unharmed and uncaptured.
Aug 21, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
That was intense! Probably the best episode in my opinion so far.

I was questioning how Five knew Lisa was helping them out. But I guess she did look kind of obvious running away and all.

She got her school I.D. wow, I wonder how this will end up.

One of the better shows this season in my opinion, I hope it keeps delivering.
Aug 21, 2014 8:24 PM
Aug 21, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, that episode was nice. Five is just so smart and creepy and beautiful, it's intoxicating lmao

Then, what's this between Twelve and Lisa? xD

I love this anime. Best of the summer, in my opinion.
Aug 21, 2014 8:39 PM

Aug 2014
The more it shows Five the less and less I like the show. She's so over the top ridiculous in everything. Within the next couple of episodes someone needs to put some kind of leash on her...or preferably hand cuffs...
Aug 21, 2014 8:58 PM

Apr 2013
pakoko said:
Cazzoe said:
What an intense episode.

I'm a little concerned of how they're going to tie up the story and have satisfactory character development with four episodes left, I hope they don't end up just rushing the ending.

I agree. ZnT has so many things to take care of in just four episodes:

1) the final fight between Five and the Sphinxes
2) exploration of Rising Peace Academy and what they did. And whether it was truly necessary for Nine and Twelve to go to such lengths to expose this organization.
3) Shibasaki's past (his family background) and his development. Right now he's still just a detective that will do anything to find out the truth. There's nothing else to his character.
4) the Sphinxes' past and development. Lisa is the only one that has changed and has been developed somewhat. Nine and Twelve show that they are more human than first portrayed, but that's not enough. We also don't know much about the two's past yet, either.

Yup, looking forward to seeing how this show will tie everything together... if it can.
Powerful eyebrows.
Aug 21, 2014 9:00 PM

Oct 2013
Woooooooooooow. I was thinking of dropping this series to a 6/10 before... NOT ANYMORE.

Fantastic, thrilling episode! It was cool as hell seeing Nine and Shibazaki work together.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 21, 2014 9:15 PM
Jun 2013
Greenward said:
Two mediocre episodes in a row, mainly because of the terrible character that is Five. God damn it Watanabe, what have you done?

It's amazing how quickly things degenerated. Shibazaki alone was better, even with him being the only non-idiot on the police force.

Five is just awful. Jeez.
Aug 21, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2014
Vox_Populi said:
Greenward said:
Two mediocre episodes in a row, mainly because of the terrible character that is Five. God damn it Watanabe, what have you done?

It's amazing how quickly things degenerated. Shibazaki alone was better, even with him being the only non-idiot on the police force.

Five is just awful. Jeez.
She feels like she should be in a different show. Like...if her character was in Death Note I wouldn't bat an eye.
Aug 21, 2014 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
I see the death flag on Twelve. It's drawing closer and closer... :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 21, 2014 10:11 PM

Dec 2013
holy fucking shit, intensity has intensified

This might be the Breaking Bad of anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 10:14 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, i just love this Anime. Episode wasn't anything over the top, but it was still somehow fully satisfying. Glad Shibazaki was so quick to do what Nine told him, at least he's not one of those blind cops, while Five is just asking for it. Lisa is just so adorable, i don't think i've ever liked an Anime female character that's hardly good at anything...

In the end, the game was won by Sphinx - gg no re...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 21, 2014 10:19 PM

Aug 2013
this was the best episode so far, damn I hoped that Lisa is going to be crucial for them to prevent the bomb from exploding, but as always this anime surprised me, how many twists, I think Nine a great protagonist, I am very curious about the development of the story
this anime is not only among the best of the season, but in my opinion is already one of the best of the year ..
Aug 21, 2014 10:23 PM

Mar 2012
this shit is wack

chess lol
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 21, 2014 10:28 PM

Jan 2010
pakoko said:

Yep. Five kindawill take disadvantages of other so she will win in her own game.

Aug 21, 2014 10:30 PM
Feb 2014
I had my expectations up for this series after watching the first 4 episodes. Sadly, it's been going downhill for quite a few reasons:

1) Hamura. Been annoying ever since he was introduced. Complain about Shibazaki -> Shibazaki figures out a clue for the location of a bomb -> Follows Shibazaki -> Shibazaki does his own thing in order to break the case -> Circle back to complaining about Shibazaki but now on how he does his own thing. (He did well this episode though because he just kept quiet and helped Shibazaki get through the Control Tower's guards)

2) 5. Couldn't have thought of a more stereotypical antagonist. Weird hair, crazy laugh, annoying way of speaking, look-down-on-all attitude, and a stupid reason (as of now) for wanting to fuck things up. (Wanting to continue her game with 9 which changed to wanting to kill Lisa for being 9 and 12's friend)

3) Lisa. I was hoping her character would develop a bit and she did. She had the courage to light the flares to cause the disturbance but right afterwards, she decides to bump into every single person along her way. You wouldn't need to be a genius like 5 or 9 to notice she was acting weird through the monitors.

The show started out as a series where you were interested in the real motives 9 and 12 had for causing terror yet making sure nobody died (and trying to figure out why they stole plutonium despite obviously not wanting to get anyone killed) and how Shibazaki was going to learn their identities and end up catching them. Now it's whittled down into a series where there's a crazy bitch trying to kill a stupid girl because she's a friend of 9 and 12. While 9 and 12 need to defend her.

I certainly hope the show has another season since they won't be able to answer all the questions and tie up all the loose ends with only 4 episodes remaining. Unless they decide to rush things, which I hope they wouldn't decide to do. After all, it's still the best series of this season despite the lull 5 introduced.

Comparison to Death Note and spoiler regarding Death note below:
Aug 21, 2014 10:55 PM
Oct 2012
Bartisaur said:
I had my expectations up for this series after watching the first 4 episodes. Sadly, it's been going downhill for quite a few reasons:

1) Hamura. Been annoying ever since he was introduced. Complain about Shibazaki -> Shibazaki figures out a clue for the location of a bomb -> Follows Shibazaki -> Shibazaki does his own thing in order to break the case -> Circle back to complaining about Shibazaki but now on how he does his own thing. (He did well this episode though because he just kept quiet and helped Shibazaki get through the Control Tower's guards)

2) 5. Couldn't have thought of a more stereotypical antagonist. Weird hair, crazy laugh, annoying way of speaking, look-down-on-all attitude, and a stupid reason (as of now) for wanting to fuck things up. (Wanting to continue her game with 9 which changed to wanting to kill Lisa for being 9 and 12's friend)

3) Lisa. I was hoping her character would develop a bit and she did. She had the courage to light the flares to cause the disturbance but right afterwards, she decides to bump into every single person along her way. You wouldn't need to be a genius like 5 or 9 to notice she was acting weird through the monitors.

The show started out as a series where you were interested in the real motives 9 and 12 had for causing terror yet making sure nobody died (and trying to figure out why they stole plutonium despite obviously not wanting to get anyone killed) and how Shibazaki was going to learn their identities and end up catching them. Now it's whittled down into a series where there's a crazy bitch trying to kill a stupid girl because she's a friend of 9 and 12. While 9 and 12 need to defend her.

I certainly hope the show has another season since they won't be able to answer all the questions and tie up all the loose ends with only 4 episodes remaining. Unless they decide to rush things, which I hope they wouldn't decide to do. After all, it's still the best series of this season despite the lull 5 introduced.

Comparison to Death Note and spoiler regarding Death note below:

I can answer every one of your questions or regards to what's going on but I'm tired. Exhausted actually. Five, I can't, she hasn't been given a full episode to shine like Shibazaki did so you're free on that one. Everyone else, give me time to sleep and I'll respond with hopeful examination and understanding.
Aug 21, 2014 11:00 PM

Jan 2009
holy shit Five knows who Lisa now is
Aug 21, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2013
THIS EPISODE WAS AMAZINGGG!!! Awesome! Nobody died and no casualties. Finally Shibazaki and Sphinx meet but not officially. Boy this is intense. Wonder why Five is such a psycho... Anyways 5/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 22, 2014 12:21 AM

Sep 2013
I think we can all agree that this was an awesome episode.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 22, 2014 12:42 AM
Mar 2011
I really don't like 5, but it seems she already has a big fandom. Five made several stupid mistakes this episode. Don't know if it's intentional. But anyways, this episode was better than the previous.

Lol, she looks like a pig here.
Aug 22, 2014 1:44 AM

Dec 2010
I'm liking Lisa more and more as the series progresses...Hell, even Five isn't pissing me off that much anymore. Nice to finally see the "encounter" between Sphinx and Shibazaki. But how will it end?
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Aug 22, 2014 1:52 AM

Jan 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Intense stuff. Still don't get how they're allowing Five to do all this shit <_< It's ridiculous that she has this much authority.

Agreed, and when the plane blew up and they all panicked... I was like, "You were going to crash it into the airport anyway!" wtf are these people retarded or something?

Five is a serious creep too, how did she figure Lisa was involved just because she was rushing to get somewhere?
Aug 22, 2014 2:00 AM

Feb 2009
yah cuz you bring ur ID with you when u do terror

wow this is bad. how did that annoying bitch just walk out of their? first the power of frenship kept her from being shot. she should have died immediately.

second the police detective should have arrested her. hahahaha omg i could understand looking up the girls name and matching to a police database from her face. But so lazy to show the id. how did this evil cow even pull all these strings? lazy writing is my answer. deropped from a 5 to a 4 for me. probably get dropped completely if that bitch isn't dead next episode. i fuking hoped they weren't going to ride this bullshit evil cow woman til the end. unfortunately they will and she will ride out into the sunset. she should at least get raped at the end. but they wont give it to us. the power of frenship
Aug 22, 2014 2:46 AM
May 2014
I'm glad they beat Five this time but I can expect it to get a lot more intense over the next few episodes!

I just hope they finish this anime up with a spectacualr ending or I'll be a bit disappointed.. ^_^
Aug 22, 2014 2:57 AM

Jul 2009
Super intense! This show keeps getting better every week!
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

873 by linzblue »»
Yesterday, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Djidji - Jul 5, 2014

544 by Yushh »»
May 20, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

420 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 19, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

349 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 17, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.