Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 2, 2016 2:04 AM
Apr 2013
-Arcane- said:
Isn't it a trip for 4 to Okinawa?
I saw more than 4 people on the airplane..

Anyway, time to move on to season 2 :)

i've been wondering about that too. Throughout the episode i'm wondering if there is a punchline about this. i mean a realization about that prize is only for 4 people. But, it didn't happen. so, i'm guessing the rest pay it by theirself.
Nov 13, 2016 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
Just like the first season, very soothing. I assume we'll see the trip in Okinawa then in the 2nd OVA, looking forward to it :3
Dec 5, 2016 5:36 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ollieboy said:
S2 will probably be set in Okinawa, with this acting as the bridge between the two seasons or something.

That is the problem I have with this OVA, it is setting up to it, but it ever happens, not on S2 as far as I m aware of, which kinda sucks since they tease us to it and then left it hanging, and that is major drop in points IMO.
I would have give this episode the same as S1, since it could be said to be ep13, so a 8.7! It was cute and enjoyable but, with this major flaw I m dropping it to 8.3...
Seriously that is just a killjoy, all the building for something that we never see happening.
Apr 17, 2017 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
Would've loved to see them in Okinawa ... even if only a few highlights (pictures) of them enjoying themselves.
Cute seeing Renge all worked up over not coming back as "herself" after experiencing a big city like that.
Jun 27, 2017 5:48 AM
Dec 2012
Their reaction at the beginning lmao.
Really nice to see Renge & Candy Store's closeness :3
Oct 9, 2018 8:30 PM

Oct 2015
I wished though they showed them in Okinawa arrived, but I guess this was more like a preparation to the trip rather than the actual trip.

It was okay nothing major, just girls preparing themselves especially Ren. I swear that Anime character is the true kawai of all.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 26, 2018 9:49 PM

Jan 2013
yup definitely a precursor to the movie lol
still adorable tho
Feb 9, 2019 4:01 AM

Oct 2012
Sata Andagi? Oh no I just had azumanga flashback xD

Awww, Ren-chon is too pure

So where's the trip? Is it in the main anime? I forgot
"Signature removed"
Feb 17, 2019 2:52 AM

Sep 2018
Pleasant narration, at times it is also reflective and melancholic. Very sweet the part where the character of Renge leaves the house to greet the whole country. The only thing I regret is that they do not show the trip to Okinawa, I'm a bit sad for this.
Mar 15, 2019 1:01 PM
Dec 2017
With the movie, this OVA makes a lot of sense. I first gave this a 7, but now it's definitely an 8.
Jan 29, 2020 5:13 AM

Aug 2018
Okinawa is a pretty important place for Japanese, hm?..
Well, now an episode about Okinawa, really, but more about preparations.. An interesting choice, I guess.. ;p And I'm ok with that.. Just a bit more slice of life was enjoyable to watch.. ;p A nice calming episode, nothing special is needed really for this anime to be enjoyable, just the good cast it has.. ;p
Apr 14, 2020 10:18 PM
Aug 2019
Finally an OVA without fanservice!
Dec 19, 2020 7:00 AM
Oct 2018
herklynn said:
I did not watch it yet but i love it <3
can I have that gif pls? :D
Dec 31, 2020 7:21 PM

Apr 2019
they didn't even show them in okinawa bruh

May 10, 2021 1:53 PM

Nov 2018
I'm always impressed about Renge's deep understanding! I laughed inside my mind when hearing Renge's sister say that a child of her age wouldn't have changed after the trip in Okinawa. This sister is the children's teacher too, yet she can be so dense at times! I think children are more impressed than adults during such experiences like a trip in a whole new place! And even if it wasn't so, Renge is still such a special child! I may forgive her sister though, if the intention was only to soothe Renge's anxieties.

Koma-chan was so cute waiting at the car's window for her present!! I wouldn't have believed I would have ever said such a thing 😂! Anyway, what happens to Komari really frustrates me. After finally having a new swimsuit, it was not her size 😫!! The fate can be so mean at times! To be honest, these frustrating moments for Komari remind me of the cartoons where Sylvester never catched Tweetie, or Ice age where the squirrel never got to eat the acorn.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Nov 11, 2021 11:46 PM

Jan 2017
Oh wait this OVA is just setting up for the movie, was like "wat no Okinawa scenes at all?!?"

I do wonder how a prize of a 4-person holiday suddenly turned into a 9-person holiday, that's a lot of extra costs incurred
Dec 9, 2021 2:40 AM

Nov 2014
Extrieve said:
They should´ve showed more of how they settled inside the plane.....

Other than that, cute OVA as expected
... And they should do another ova like this with their experience in okinawa(if it still hasnt exist. I haven't watched the whole series yet.)

Jan 13, 2022 9:41 AM
Jun 2016
Found it interesting that Suguru gave the tickets to Natsumi. Guess he didn't really had the choice considering he has to split the tickets anyway.

At first I kind of didn't get the joke where Renge saw Suguru in the convenience store. Like, he was just looking at ramen, lol. But yeah, I've realized he wasn't shown in the car.

I was thinking who Renge would say "see you later" to. Didn't expect she'd say it to the scenery and the town in general. You just can't predict her, huh?

Kind of funny that the title of the OVA has Okinawa in it but we don't even get to see it. Guess it's going to be the plot in the first episode of next season or something?

Ok, I've seen one of the reviews for this OVA and apparently this was the "beta" version of the movie. I didn't really look up any "watch order" or whatever for this anime since I thought it was pretty straightforward (i.e. just watch each entry by its release date) due to it being a slice of life anime. Basically I didn't have to watch this.

Oh well, still felt like a standard NNB episode with all the NNB charm and magic. Just felt incomplete. Or rather, it feels like part one of a two parter episode.
Mar 5, 2022 3:10 PM

Mar 2019
Woah, nice one Suguru!!! Seeing how Renge, with the mind of a kid, went around and kept shouting how she'll be back and will miss the country was so bittersweet.

Lmao Renge, "I almost sensed a paradigm shift", probably talking about how Suguru was about to talk which at this point is just a legend in this anime. Loved that.
Alex_TheForestMar 5, 2022 3:18 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 23, 2022 1:44 AM

Feb 2020
Cute and wholesome episode as always. :)
Mar 27, 2022 12:01 AM

May 2018
Uh... Didn't expect they will cut the episode right there.

May 22, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good and relaxing episode.

Non Non Biyori has one of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen in anime.

Poor Hikage and Natsumi are afraid of flying. x3
Sep 18, 2022 9:46 AM

Jul 2021
This was such a cute OVA. Filled with comedic and heart warming moments. I will never not smile at a scene of Candy store and Ren together, my heart melted when Candy store asked Ren to not get lost so Ren came and just held Candy store's hand.

It was hilarious to see Suguru just walk back and hand over the prize lol, even he was amazed at his winning.

Ren encountering Sugurua at the combini was hilarious too.

Ren saying bye to everything was so cute to see. It is afterall her first time being away from her home for a long time.

Excellent episode. 10/10.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 20, 2022 12:07 AM
Nov 2022
Kelanjutan dari OVA Non Non Non Biyori di Sesaon 1.

Suasan baru, tempat baru, dan tak lupa teman baru, menemani keseruan liburan mereka disana.
Dec 10, 2022 12:07 AM

Oct 2018
This OVA is such a non-starter and largely irrelevant considering the movie exists and includes the events depicted in this OVA as part of it's first act. That being said Ren had some fun bits with her brother and saying goodbye to the valley, but for he most part this was kinda disappointing considering the movie treads the same narrative ground but more in-depth and extensively.
Dec 19, 2022 2:40 PM

Aug 2019
just like the show it self cute. renge running off saying see you to the town was cute too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2023 7:59 PM

Aug 2019
hardly any reason to watch this when the movie us basically this and more but well, its 20 minutes more non non biyori so might as well.
renge holding dagashiyas hand so she wont get lost :3 and then sitting next to each other in the plane
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Why does Renge keep on running away from Suguru??

Laplace_kun - Feb 2, 2021

6 by EsieEyen »»
Mar 27, 2022 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.