Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2013 5:31 AM
Jul 2013
I wonder how Oda feels or even realizes about most of his readers, but never have I been so scared shitless by an anime fanbase before One Piece. I have followed OP from it's beginning to Dressrosa, and as a result, I do know what makes it good and bad, but this cannot ever be mentioned in public. One Piece fans do not take any kind of criticism lightly, because if you so much as say anything negative from what I've seen, you will get some of the most disturbing threats or harassment imaginable. I am not trying to dismiss everyone who enjoy it for what it is, because there might be logical fans out there, but this is just the worst I have ever seen. Only because for the past week I have been observing the series again, and had unfortunate incidents with it's followers do I bring this up.

I think the only thing that came close to this level of deep disturbance, is the time of when Sword Art Online was relevant. But please share your thoughts.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 2, 2013 5:39 AM
Oct 2011
They're good for a laugh.
Sep 2, 2013 5:41 AM

Aug 2011
Nah, IntroverTurtle seems pretty cool.
Sep 2, 2013 5:41 AM

Aug 2012
Not as much as the Clannad fanbase.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 2, 2013 5:42 AM

Jul 2012
They don't really scare me that's for sure, and as you said there are many logical fans out there for the series, I've met many to begin with. However, yes, they do defend the series to the point of me asking myself what is just SO DAMN GOOD about it.

I love the comedy and the characters. I've stuck together with them for 610 episodes, and when One Piece gets good it really does, but then again you have to wait around 20 episodes so that the arc can be introduced, or an entire arc if turns out to be bad.

I'd say due to One Piece's popularity fans truly think its for some reason the absolute best, and so many people used it as gateway as well as the 'only anime that they've watched' so it takes part in their overall opinion.

That's just me though. I really don't see something truly intriguing with it, I watched it on my own pace and it wasn't bad, but it was just 'fun'.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 2, 2013 5:42 AM
Oct 2011
mitch3315 said:
He is, once you see the other one piece fags. He's still nothing compared to them. (Wait a sec and you'll see them, it shouldn't take long)
Sep 2, 2013 5:43 AM

Sep 2011
mitch3315 said:
yah, theres a few really cool people here that are die hard op fans, i mean really what DE is mentioning is every fanbase ever

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 2, 2013 5:44 AM

Dec 2012
I think you've been watching too much TV, there's no such thing as a valid reason to criticize One Piece.

From what I can tell, the OP fan base isn't unique in that sense. You'll see this kind of extremist attitude in every anime fan base, just more so in the bigger titles because of the larger, more vocal gatherings. Why? Because it's human nature to defend the honor and pride of something one treasures no matter what it takes. I mean, look at nationalism - one of the biggest jokes in the human race.
Sep 2, 2013 5:46 AM

Dec 2012
I don't think I've had the displeasure of seeing extreme fans of any anime yet.. I have seen a lot of extreme video game fans though.. *cringe*
Sep 2, 2013 5:48 AM

Oct 2010

Apr 2011
Ratohnhaketon said:
I think you've been watching too much TV, there's no such thing as a valid reason to criticize One Piece.

From what I can tell, the OP fan base isn't unique in that sense. You'll see this kind of extremist attitude in every anime fan base, just more so in the bigger titles because of the larger, more vocal gatherings. Why? Because it's human nature to defend the honor and pride of something one treasures no matter what it takes. I mean, look at nationalism - one of the biggest jokes in the human race.

He doesn't have to look far to see what you mean, he himself is the biggest extremist amongst us.

Jul 2013
all long running shonen fans scare me.

but I'm following Supernatural for 9 seasons and ongoing so I'm probably scary too.
Sep 2, 2013 5:51 AM

Aug 2013
Objurgo said:
I don't think I've had the displeasure of seeing extreme fans of any anime yet.. I have seen a lot of extreme video game fans though.. *cringe*
Sep 2, 2013 5:54 AM

Jun 2013
Depends on how hardcore that fan is.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Sep 2, 2013 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
Yes they do.
Sep 2, 2013 5:58 AM

May 2012
Lupadim makes me happy, not scared, so no i'm not afraid of them.

But honestly what a weird thread. I think OP has some issues he needs to work out.
Sep 2, 2013 5:59 AM

Aug 2011
MioGianna said:

but I'm following Supernatural for 9 seasons and ongoing so I'm probably scary too.

Looked at your list, why have you not seen the anime yet?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8986/Supernatural_The_Animation
Sep 2, 2013 6:01 AM

Aug 2010
Candior said:
mitch3315 said:
He is, once you see the other one piece fags. He's still nothing compared to them. (Wait a sec and you'll see them, it shouldn't take long)

Seriously? There probably a handful of "One Piece fags" on this site, on onemangaforum or mangafox? thats a different story.
Sep 2, 2013 6:04 AM

Mar 2012
mitch3315 said:
Honestly I could think up something myself but you said it a lot better than I could
gamer2710 said:
#dunkd

Dec 2012
mitch3315 said:
MioGianna said:

Looked at your list, why have you not seen the anime yet?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8986/Supernatural_The_Animation

I love the first 5 seasons of Supernatural, but when I tried the anime something just felt missing. I just couldn't get into it the same way I could with the live action show.

Dec 2012
Sep 2, 2013 6:05 AM

Aug 2013
SteampunkDalek said:
Lupadim makes me happy, not scared, so no i'm not afraid of them.

But honestly what a weird thread. I think OP has some issues he needs to work out.
We don't judge bro.
Sep 2, 2013 6:06 AM

Aug 2012
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
#dunkd
I'm almost done with After Story and I have to say.

I think I'm scaring myself.
Sep 2, 2013 6:06 AM

Jul 2013
When a One Piece fan talks about OP it reminds me of how I used to talk about Naruto. So I'm not scared of them because I can understand their point of view.
Sep 2, 2013 6:07 AM
Oct 2011
Objurgo said:

How does that exist..?
Madhouse <3
Sep 2, 2013 6:08 AM

Feb 2013
i watch anime for the fun not for the fans
so why i would care if some stupid people watch the same anime
Sep 2, 2013 6:08 AM

Apr 2013
Candior said:
They're good for a laugh.

Candior said:
mitch3315 said:

@Candior = Attention whore
I don't even take him seriously anymore.
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Sep 2, 2013 6:11 AM
Oct 2011
See mitch? Not liking a One Piece chapter, or a couple of arcs from a 700+ chapter series, makes OP fags stop taking me seriously. I wonder what I should do with my life now. Why do you guys have no "The Heart?"
Candor123Sep 2, 2013 6:14 AM
Sep 2, 2013 6:11 AM

Jul 2013
Dmanful said:
When a One Piece fan talks about OP it reminds me of how I used to talk about Naruto. So I'm not scared of them because I can understand their point of view.
Sep 2, 2013 6:17 AM

Apr 2013
Candior said:
See mitch? Not liking a One Piece chapter makes OP fags stop taking me seriously. I wonder what I should do with my life now. Why do you guys have no "The Heart?"

lol tragic, you just went full retarded who ever speak for a chapter of one piece now? and after all you are the one who says "They're good for a laugh." and " one piece fags."
obviously you are an attention whore and that's why i dont take you seriously, you get it now sweaty? I have no idea how you come about with " Not liking a One Piece chapter makes OP fags stop taking me seriously."
I laughing my ass here
The Heart
All right reserved

Sep 2, 2013 6:19 AM
Sep 2, 2013 6:21 AM

Apr 2013
Candior said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NatkdNyWOOA

You make no sense.
You are in panic you have to relax, take deep breath.
The Heart
All right reserved

Sep 2, 2013 6:23 AM
Jun 2012
people like you is even more annoying. you had to resort to making a topic just to blast one piece fans.
Sep 2, 2013 6:24 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
#dunkd

I'm scared of Shana fans. I spent $40 to buy the first season on Blu ray and still don't see the appeal of the show despite my best efforts. But the thing is I really do want to enjoy the show so I can justify that purchase.

May 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
I wonder how Oda feels or even realizes about most of his readers, but never have I been so scared shitless by an anime fanbase before One Piece. I have followed OP from it's beginning to Dressrosa, and as a result, I do know what makes it good and bad, but this cannot ever be mentioned in public. One Piece fans do not take any kind of criticism lightly, because if you so much as say anything negative from what I've seen, you will get some of the most disturbing threats or harassment imaginable. I am not trying to dismiss everyone who enjoy it for what it is, because there might be logical fans out there, but this is just the worst I have ever seen. Only because for the past week I have been observing the series again, and had unfortunate incidents with it's followers do I bring this up.

I think the only thing that came close to this level of deep disturbance, is the time of when Sword Art Online was relevant. But please share your thoughts.

Yeah, I'd agree that the majority of One Piece fans can't take criticism. That's why I said it has one of the worst fanbases.

Apr 2011
drinkbeer said:
people like you is even more annoying. you had to resort to making a topic just to blast one piece fans.

Your first time seeing a DE thread?
Sep 2, 2013 6:27 AM
Apr 2013
yhunata said:
drinkbeer said:

Your first time seeing a DE thread?

Actually, his treads are getting quite stale lately.

Running out of ideas eh, DramaEnthusiast?
worldeditor11Sep 2, 2013 6:34 AM
Sep 2, 2013 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
Now i remember is the guy who make a thread "Do you guys hate me" or something like that.
@DramaEnthusiast you can be more original you can open a thread like "Do you guys believe i am a duck? quack!"
The Heart
All right reserved

Sep 2, 2013 6:34 AM

Aug 2012
Why would they?
Sep 2, 2013 6:34 AM

Aug 2012
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
#dunkd

I'm scared of Shana fans. I spent $40 to buy the first season on Blu ray and still don't see the appeal of the show despite my best efforts. But the thing is I really do want to enjoy the show so I can justify that purchase.
I didn't know people were crazy about that show. It's hardly ever mentioned compared to something big like One Piece.
Sep 2, 2013 6:35 AM
Apr 2013
Mirati said:
Now i remember is the guy who make a thread "Do you guys hate me" or something like that.
@DramaEnthusiast you can be more original you can open a thread like "Do you guys believe i am a duck? quack!"

That would be utterly quacktastic!
Sep 2, 2013 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
Candior said:
See mitch? Not liking a One Piece chapter, or a couple of arcs from a 700+ chapter series, makes OP fags stop taking me seriously. I wonder what I should do with my life now. Why do you guys have no "The Heart?"

Do I really have to quote your comments on the latest One Piece chapter discussion thread (and, specifically, your answer to SwordsmanDin)? It seems that, regardless of there being bashing from fans or not, you are actively looking for it.
Sep 2, 2013 6:41 AM
Jul 2013
Bombolz said:
Why would they?

For the most part, being completely irrational and hostile
Sep 2, 2013 6:42 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
#dunkd

I didn't know people were crazy about that show. It's hardly ever mentioned compared to something big like One Piece.
Don't worry, I'm just joking around. Although I'm still pissed about wasting my money on something I don't want to watch
Sep 2, 2013 6:45 AM

Aug 2012
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
#dunkd

Don't worry, I'm just joking around. Although I'm still pissed about wasting my money on something I don't want to watch
Heh, yeah if I didn't have access to FUNimation's website I probably wouldn't have bothered.
Sep 2, 2013 7:34 AM

Jul 2008
ONE PIECE IS PERFECT! EAT SHIIIIIIIT AND DIEEEEEEEEE!
Sep 2, 2013 7:35 AM

Aug 2012
Sep 2, 2013 7:47 AM

Aug 2011
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
SaberKurisu said:
gamer2710 said:
#dunkd

Anime is too damn expensive to spend money on it if you don't already know you like the series. Imagine spending $110 on something like Nichijou, only to find out you hate the show?
Sep 2, 2013 7:48 AM

Jun 2011
ok dramaenthusiast we put up with alot of your nonsense threads but now you have gone too far
Sep 2, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
I'm not scary :(
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime?

TheSunLife - Yesterday

42 by DX_impulse »»
3 minutes ago

» What Anime is boring to you

Kirika_Madeleine - 1 hour ago

12 by SimplyBrazen »»
7 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

663 by xXCaptainJXx »»
8 minutes ago

» Which series should be watched by every anime enthusiast?

Rally- - 7 hours ago

47 by Rally- »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Will Isekai Anime Series one day surpass Mecha anime series in popularity and in the numbers game? What do you think?

RainyEvenings - 3 hours ago

9 by Theo1899 »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.