Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2021 9:26 PM

Feb 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow what an episode, that naval fight was amazing, Production I.G. really did an amazing job with this anime, that fight scene later on was incredibly well done too.

Well on this episode we got to see more of Fena's backstory and it appears that Abel was behind the attack of that ship from the flashbacks.

I wish more people talked about this anime because the animation and direction are all really good.
Sep 18, 2021 9:29 PM

Jul 2017
I still love the twins Enju and Kaede in unison of their commitment along with the other Goblin Hunters, but Shitan resigning to his fate is just sad. But whatever it is, they've made up their minds to save both Fena and Yukimaru.

i don't know if I should give Abel sympathy for having memories of Fena's mother, but at this stage, it seems more like an obsession than anything. Grace's Rumble Rose coming back to get what they lost, this is a total Pirates on the Caribbean: At World's End scene right here with pirates vs. British Colony, that the latter's Wellington secret weapon is more than enough to one-shot them out of existence. What a detrimental wipeout.

With it, Fena's memories slowly come back with immense fear...of the British Colony's tyranny. And one absurd cry out to Yukimaru makes all the difference...with the other Goblin Hunters following behind to save the day. Their enemy all along was the British Colony with Abel at the helm.

A great progress to the 2nd half of the anime.
Sep 18, 2021 9:35 PM
Jun 2020
I thought the last two episodes were a bit slow, so I'm glad to see more action happen this time around. The moment when Yukimaru shows up after Fena screams his name was such a great moment. Excited to see what happens in the next episode.
Sep 18, 2021 9:36 PM
Dec 2007
What a great episode. Production IG flexin'. It's a shame that the Wellington Cannon killed off a bunch of really cool enemies lol
Sep 18, 2021 9:36 PM

Mar 2008
Called it. Abel is a sick bastard looking to use Fena as her mothers stand in. The ship being blown away, the fight scenes, Fena and Yukimaru remembering the past. This episode was lit.
Sep 18, 2021 9:37 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
Insane episode. I remember when this series first got announced, the premise was so good. I'm glad it's lived up to the hype I gave it!
Sep 18, 2021 9:47 PM

Dec 2020
y'all know what rhymes with abel? hell. exactly. mf satan spawn cant believe he killed hot pirate lady because he has a crush on a girls' mom😭😭😭 insane fuck

BUT WOOOO this episode was quite a ride. "oh no are they gonna split up:( NVM THEY'RE NOT🥳🥳🥳 fena's gonna die?? yukimaru is here!!! NOW YUKIMARU'S GONNA DIE????? the crew is here👍👍👍"
Sep 18, 2021 9:53 PM

Jul 2011
This is what I call a very sexy episode.

Nice "battle", if you can call that one-shot a battle. Just missed the chance to someone shout "Parry this you filthy casual". Seriously, was a nice around 12 inches explosive ammo.

Well at least Fena had one of the groups that raided her ship when she was little, killed in a marvelous explosion.
Sep 18, 2021 10:08 PM

Jan 2021
That explosive cannon projectile was absolutely brutal, and it looked amazing.

It turns out that Abel, or at least his country, were behind the destruction of the boat that Fena was on when she was little, which resulted in the death of her father.

It was a pretty good episode in my book, and now the gang is back together again.

Sep 18, 2021 10:09 PM

Jan 2021
lizzziziz said:
y'all know what rhymes with abel? hell. exactly. mf satan spawn cant believe he killed hot pirate lady because he has a crush on a girls' mom😭😭😭 insane fuck

BUT WOOOO this episode was quite a ride. "oh no are they gonna split up:( NVM THEY'RE NOT🥳🥳🥳 fena's gonna die?? yukimaru is here!!! NOW YUKIMARU'S GONNA DIE????? the crew is here👍👍👍"
Almost my exact thoughts😂

Sep 18, 2021 10:18 PM

Feb 2019
Jesus man every episode of this gets better and better. It’s really dope what Production IG and AS did with this show. Really feels like we’re watching a modern classic.

RIP hot Francis Drake ripoff lady. Would’ve liked to have seen her get some more screen time. The rumble rose in general was a really cool group. Shame

So Abel was the guy from the night Fena’s dad died. I wonder if there was some type of love triangle with he and her father and the mother.

Also, I think it’s fair to say this show has the OP of the season.
Marinate1016Sep 18, 2021 10:23 PM
Sep 18, 2021 10:54 PM

Jan 2020
I gasped twice watching this episode. That's too many plot twists for just one episode. So, the blonde dude also attacked the ship Fena was on as a kid to kidnap her? Was he trying to get to her mother? And how can Fena take him to Helena? I wonder. The mystery is slowly unfolding and I'm here for it.

The animation is spectacular, literally no one does it like Production I.G. I still can't wrap my head around how beautiful it is. I'm very impressed.

11/10 episode.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Sep 19, 2021 1:05 AM
Dec 2019
Now, those are the great fight animations that I was looking for! The "naval battle" (it was pretty much only one shot :D) looked pretty amazing and they nailed the impact and sound design. I don't think all the pirate ladies are dead (though it would make this event more brutal); if a corpse is not shown there is a decent chance they might come back. The attack of the ninjas on the ship was also fast paced and well animated.

The "Fena has to be saved by the ninjas" has been used again. Maybe by the end of the show she will not always cry for Yukimaru to save her ass (otherwise the screentime used on her "training" would've been kinda wasted). The revelation that Abel was also on Fena's ship in the past is pretty shallow, but I did not expect much more from the show.
Sep 19, 2021 1:32 AM

Jun 2019
It was so reassuring to see that all of our friends really do care about Fena and Yukimaru and are going to rescue them no matter what. Then, the whole deal with Abel and Fena's mother. And, oh my god, that Explosive Cannon was so fucking awesome and destructive. Loved it.

Fena got PTSD. It's no wonder why. Poor Fena. Yukimaru is finally here to save Fena. But, that bastard Abel got him. But, I was so happy to see our full squad there to help him. So happy. ^_^
Sep 19, 2021 5:02 AM

Sep 2012
Damn that naval battle rocked. Great effects.
Oh god who are you people?
Sep 19, 2021 6:04 AM

Apr 2021
Incredible episode!! The animators really flexed their muscles on this one, with that explosion scene and the transitions between Fena’s returning memories and her present! And Yukimaru!! The moment he jumped onto the ship to save Fena as she was crying out for him… fantastic stuff.
The demise of the pirate crew, headed by Grace O’Malley (fantastic reference to our famous Irish pirate queen herself Gráinne Mhaol) was shattering for me - I found them all very interesting and wanted to see more of them. I hope there were a couple of survivors, though that blow was outrageous! Cannot wait for the next episode
Sep 19, 2021 6:32 AM
Apr 2020
I can't hold my scream when Yukimaru appeared, of course the rest of Goblin Hunter's too!! I feel sorry about Grace. I really love this series. I can't wait for next episode.
Lastly, I hate Abel more as story goes on. And after shooting Yukimaru, I can't forgive him.
Sep 19, 2021 6:34 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
A really phenomenal episode. It takes guts to kill off likable antagonists and the animation and music were on point once again. As I predicted last episode, the rest of the crew came back to rescue Fena, to nobodies surprise.

I am still a little shocked that the anime killed off the pirates. Like, yeah, they served their purpose, but they still had a lot of potential to be used in the story. It wouldn't be impossible for them to survive considering that it's anime, and important characters in anime survive explosions all the time, but the scene hammered it in pretty deeply that they died. If they survived, it wouldn't be a shock, though it would be unrealistic. I would have preferred the ninjas to take them out, but the world doesn't always work out that way.

I wonder what Abel whispered to Fena. Perhaps that he was the murderer, which was revealed at the end of the episode. Or perhaps something even more of a reveal, that he was her real father all along. I guess we will see.

This anime is easily proving itself to be one of the best anime this season.
Sep 19, 2021 6:56 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What good animation this show has, so clean.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 19, 2021 7:00 AM

Jun 2016
you know what ?? this is a masterpiece and well animated as well too !!
i called this a gold anime !!
Sep 19, 2021 7:07 AM

Feb 2014
Never trust the tailcoats. I knew it there was something wrong with em. So the demons are the Pirates and the Navy. The goblin knights are on the protection side. Can't wait to see the badass Kai soon.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 19, 2021 7:14 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fuck, I did not expect Rumble Rose to just get obliterated like that. RIP cool pirate ladies. Though I hope some of them survived, especially Mary. I don't think Grace has a chance of being a survivor though, she was dead center of that cannon.

Glad they were able to save Fena and Yukimaru, I was hella not liking those blue coats, especially Abel, dude is a massive prick and creep. Based on Fena and Yukimaru's memories, both Rumble Rose and Abel's crew are probably the ones that boarded their ship when they were young. It's all coming together now. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 19, 2021 7:47 AM

Apr 2018
Ah, finally some action! And wow, I'm amazed once again. The build up to this episode was insanely good. You can't mess with the Goblin Hunters.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 19, 2021 7:52 AM

Apr 2015
What a fantastic episode, am absolutely blown away.

Last week I said that it was hard to think who the antagonists are gonna be in this show, but with Fena's flashback of when she was attacked by "The Blue Demons" when she was still a child, really confirms it that Abel should not be trusted. This also gets backed up with Yukimaru confirming that Abel was also on that ship of the day of the attack.

But my god, Rumble Rose didn't have a chance of winning. That cannon has obliterated everything and I honestly fear that none of them survived that. Production IG did a fantastic job animating that shot, moment of impact and explosion. Just wow.
Sep 19, 2021 8:29 AM

Sep 2015
Abel went on full chaotic, this guy is merciless and brutal...

I'm actually very glad that they didn't focus the fight on rumble rose, but instead on Abel.

I hope that Yukimaru gets his revenge on Abel, i'm not liking him at all xD
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 19, 2021 9:14 AM

May 2021
This was astonishing, extremely good episode. The Abel's obsession and his attitude was a pleasure to watch, the cannon blow, the surprise attack, the surprise counter-attack, the timing was perfect. Insane production, didnt expect this specific turn and it is welcomed

Sep 19, 2021 9:42 AM

Jan 2008
While it doesn't seem likely, I hope somebody survived on the Rumble Rose. They seemed entertaining.
Sep 19, 2021 9:50 AM

Oct 2018
Wellington cannon was so powerful :O
Very good episode
Sep 19, 2021 10:19 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another amazing episode. Abel's ship has one mean cannon in its arsenal with some serious firepower. That type of cannon is supposed to be used to break through impregnable fortresses and it was overkill to use it on a Rumble Rose as it was sunk in one shot. The burning ship in the sea triggered additional memories for Fena and it turns out that Abel and the Rumble Rose were the ones that attacked her father's ship. The red and blue devils.
Sep 19, 2021 10:47 AM

Nov 2016
Did they use Pluton on em? XD That was wild.

Last two episodes have been really entertaining in general.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2021 11:00 AM

Oct 2020
Ah, that was honestly pretty disappointing. The wellington cannon blasted the rag-tag group of pirates to smithereens. Hopefully, some of them are still alive; it would be a waste if they were all gone. Yep, Abel is confirmed to be untrustworthy. Based on Fena's PTSD, he's the perpetrator of the attack earlier on in Fena's life. Great climax at the end there. The Goblin knights coming in at the final moments to save Yukimaru and Fena was such a feel-good moment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2021 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
Good episode. Those pirate ladies seemed pretty dead but nah i don't think they're actually dead.
Sep 19, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
action packed episode

and how old is Abel anyway and damn he got no hesitation
Sep 19, 2021 11:47 PM
Jul 2017
2 things:

1. Im I the only one who thinks Abel is Fena brother and not her lover of her mother. He seem too young to be a lover of Fena's mother. I might be wrong and he just looks younger then he really is, I dont know.

2. To me this show is a mix between Pirates of the Caribbean movies and Studio Ghibli, Luputa: Castle in the Sky (if you seen that movie, I hope you get what I mean).
Sep 20, 2021 5:32 AM
Nov 2019
Really good episode the visuals wowed me
Sep 20, 2021 7:11 AM
Mar 2012
That canon explosion mad intense.
Great crowd fight esp twins & Karin slick moves.
rip pirates, but hoping at least ms Spidey or Mary survives
Sep 20, 2021 8:58 AM

Apr 2020
Every week I love watching this show just because of how it feels fresh and classic.
Sep 20, 2021 11:43 PM

Aug 2015
Abel is hitting all my favourite tropes. Absolute bastard, hate to love him and love to hate him.
Sep 21, 2021 1:53 AM
Jan 2017
Judevin said:
I hope Grace O'Malley (hot redhead lady) isn't actually dead and shows up later at some point as Fena's ally.

Also Abel is a sick fuck thinking of using Fena as her mom's sub. I'm pretty sure he killed Fena's whole family because her mom picked Fena's dad instead of him, he's a sick obsessive bastard. Fuck Abel. All my homies hate Abel.

The visuals of this show never fail to impress me, Production IG really making it looking good.

Overall a good episode though, loved every second of it. Just wish they had given hot redhead lady Grace a bit more to do than just get blasted like that. Hope she comes back later.

One thing I sort of noticed is that when Yukimaru was sailing through the dead bodies, the animators could have easily shown us the corpses of some of the rumble rose sexy pirate ladies so I wonder like you if theres a chance that they aren't all dead
Sep 21, 2021 4:31 AM

Jun 2019
This show is really getting going now, am loving it. I'm guessing that Commander Abel may be Fena's real dad, but her mum took her away from him and raised her with Mr Houtman, who she thought was her dad. Maybe Abel wanted to unlock the secrets of the island and Fena's mum knew this was wrong so left him.

So when Abel attacked the ship, it was to recover his daughter, Fena. Just speculation. Ofc as @Tigergirl16 said above it could be that Abel is Fena's brother, and he was unloved, or felt unloved by his mother (maybe she left their dad and remarried Mr Houtman taking Fena with her) and he wants Fena to unlock the secrets of the island, but it feels like Abel was romatically in love with Fena's mum, or obsessed by her.

Hope Grace O'Malley lady is ok as she was sexy, although the red headed woman in the brothel at the beginning (Fena's friend that she was talking to in opening scene with the crayon drawings) was even hotter.

Amazing animation.
23feanorSep 21, 2021 4:40 AM
Sep 21, 2021 8:55 AM

Oct 2008
pure action packed solid episode! friggin' awesome! that explosion!!!
that ship got 1-shotted so brutal!
but they also got boarded with Yukimaru and group!
5/5.

Sep 21, 2021 12:48 PM

Aug 2018
I'm in agreement with y'all, loved the episode. When Yukimaru jumped on the ship to save Fena, it was just such an amazing plot development haha. The episode raced through, and hopefully next week will be a bit of a breather after this week's explosive one.

On a sidenote, during the scene when Yukimaru saw the aftermath of the wellington canon, it looked very similar to a J.M.W Turner's 1838 painting 'The Fighting Temeraire'. Kudos once again to the animation team for a bittersweet and breathtaking image.
Sep 21, 2021 2:24 PM

Jun 2019
As I said in the last episode thread topic, as an action adventure epic, it's more engaging than any live action pirate film or content I've seen in the past 20 years.
Sep 21, 2021 5:03 PM
May 2013
Those pirate ladies better not be dead. They were fun to have around. Abel is creepy as hell.
Sep 21, 2021 10:20 PM
Dec 2019
Sylverthas said:
Now, those are the great fight animations that I was looking for! The "naval battle" (it was pretty much only one shot :D) looked pretty amazing and they nailed the impact and sound design. I don't think all the pirate ladies are dead (though it would make this event more brutal); if a corpse is not shown there is a decent chance they might come back. The attack of the ninjas on the ship was also fast paced and well animated.

The "Fena has to be saved by the ninjas" has been used again. Maybe by the end of the show she will not always cry for Yukimaru to save her ass (otherwise the screentime used on her "training" would've been kinda wasted). The revelation that Abel was also on Fena's ship in the past is pretty shallow, but I did not expect much more from the show.
Yeah that's what piss me off from this series. I like it but Fena only exists for the sake of crying for help of Yukimaru. She's still pretty much the same she was back when she worked in a brothel, it's like she's only watching life pass by and how everyone take advantage on the item of having her for reaching El Dorado or Eden or whatever. She's like a tool. She's the Sakura from this show and Yukimaru is obviusly both Sasuke and Naruto. Hopefully she eventually changes
Sep 22, 2021 10:16 PM

Apr 2018
That was an insane episode, hopefully Yukimaru survives that gun shot that thing is so powerful. The power they have on that ship is insane.
Sep 23, 2021 8:34 AM

Aug 2013
From the naval battle scene to Yukimaru and the others showing up to save Fena, the animation was top notch. I love this series aaah

also Abel definitely really sus >:(
Sep 25, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2015
That canon scene was really good. Hope pirates chicks arent dead. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 27, 2021 6:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I hope Yukimaru will be fine :/ at least they're reunited with Fena
Sep 29, 2021 9:42 AM
Jan 2017
Am I the only one who thinks Abel is Fena's biological father that her mother ran away from with her?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LastLuminescence - Oct 23, 2021

154 by Loborb »»
May 19, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2021

84 by SwediCandy »»
Feb 9, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28, 2021

55 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Jan 15, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

60 by Kami_Willis »»
Apr 30, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2021

87 by Beqkixbecca »»
Jan 5, 2023 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.