Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty tense episode with the fight at the facility.

That Puppeteer girl is not a pushover with her abilities as she gave Company 8 a bit of trouble. Even Maki struggled in this fight but she and Vulcan make a good team.
Oct 9, 2020 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
Things never go well when the white-clads appear.
Alongside Inca as well.

Judging from the preview, we'll be seeing a huge fight next week.

Oct 9, 2020 11:41 AM

Feb 2019
I’m just waiting on the day D.Pro make a bad fire force ep, I don’t think it’ll ever happen. These Mfs can’t miss. Pacing, fights, animation, everything was done superb today.

Fire Force season fr. Crazy thing is, it’s only getting better.
Oct 9, 2020 11:58 AM
Sep 2015
3-way fight is my favorite type of battle, which is why I was preparing myself to enjoy this episode to the fullest....

But what I didn't prepare is that there are TWO 3-way fights, not just one, happen at the same time. So the next episode name will be my feeling... "Mind Blown".

Fire Force is firmly the best anime in the second half of this year.

And Charon is my new waifu material!
Oct 9, 2020 12:24 PM
Oct 2016
Just as the episode title says this is a three way battle for the young Hataku. Each of our big three factions, Hajime, the Fire Force, and the White Clad, all want to get their hands on Hataku. For different reasons of course but they all want that sixth pillar. With the White Clad showing up to Hajime it certainly makes things interesting in a three way match. This episode brought us a great scene with Maki facing the puppeteer with her Dominion dolls. Some very crude little things with their fart blasts but super powerful and hard to destroy. Maki and Vulcan had to push the Tekkyo units to beyond their limit to beat just one. Then puppeteer pulls pur a veritable Army of them right after, course it wouldn't be so easy as beating one. Sort of a good thing that Haumea showed up with her electric powers to break them all. But of course that also means that Inca and Charon are here too. The little psycho and the big brute. On top of Arrow returning and the new White Clad revealed of Ritsu the maid protector for Inca. We've got all the big boys here with Kurono coming out to face Charon and Haumea running rampant. Things are about to get dicey.
Oct 9, 2020 1:12 PM
Oct 2019
Fire Force (Company 8) vs Haijima vs White-Clad. Can't wait for that fight next week.

I wonder what Kurono will do now that he was might an opponent stronger than him? It now he is the weak one.

Haumea is as impulsive and eager as ever, as Arrow correctly pointed out with her long-range abilities they didn't need to expose themselves to danger. Now they have and the Puppet master lady (i think her name was Angel) is a lot stronger than I originally thought. She might be able to defeat Arrow. Probably not Haumea.

Charon's self-conscious, kind of childish personality is very jarring considering how powerful and physically strong he is. I really like that clashing of personality and appearance.

Inca makes me feel anxious/nervous, she is such as uncertain and irrational character, she will just follow where ever danger and destruction is nd right now that the only way to satisfy her desire for now to follow the Evangelist.

I feel bad for Nataku he just wants to go home and three very different organisation are fighting for him. Plus he is suffering from what seems to be PSTD- keeps seeing visions of Rekka inciting violence.

Again, can’t wait for that fight next week.
Oct 9, 2020 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
White clads have now turned up. Next pillar for sure identified. Mass brawl about to ensue and we have a lot of very nails people involved. Shits getting wild! I did like how the evil child beating dude was able to anticipate the white clad nuke from above and assess the situation. Shows he not just all talk. Love it!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 9, 2020 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
Man, you gotta appreciate the effort DaviPro is giving to this series. In the manga, the ending scene where the puppeteer lady launches her Punishment Dominion, the mecha simply appears behind her. In the anime, they bothered to make a very well-animated sequence to adapt that scene. Is unbelievable how much love the studio is pouring into this, many shows would wish to receive such treatment from the studio that adapts them. I really hope we keep with this level of awesomeness for the rest of the season.

The fight against the puppeteer in general was enjoyable. We got Saori Hayami having some fun, funny moments between Vulcan, the puppeteer and their classing philosophies regarding mechas and some spotlight for Maki. You gotta feel bad for the kids Haijima is studying, as even the person who cares for them after Kurono's cruel training views them as tools.

Charon remains the most likeable antagonist by far. The dude can be brutal when he wants, but he's also pretty hilarious and knows how to create hype.
I liked Ritsu's voice. Was skeptical a bit cause her voice actress is the same that voices Astolfo (a completely different character), but she sounded quite well. Her turn to shine will come later, so gotta enjoy the small doses of her this arc will give us.
Rekka returning as a ghost to give Nataku some good ol PTSD is both hilarious and sad. He's at the same time the worst and best hypeman one could have. Imagine the reaction of his voice actor when he was told he had to reprise his role, but as an apparittion tormenting a kid lmao.

Lastly, Kurono's eye work is indeed quite something.

The best thing is that they animated the eyes positioning themselves into that crescent moon shape, instead of just showing them like that like in the manga.

Next two episodes will adapt the highlights of the arc, including some very epic and amusing moments. Waiting will be hard.
IllyricusOct 9, 2020 2:29 PM
Oct 9, 2020 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Man so much shit is happening White-clads vs Hajima vs The 8th. Next episode is going to be amazing.

The new characters introduced are pretty interesting. Puppet chick is really good at being annoying and new girl Ritsu kinda bad not gonna lie.
Oct 9, 2020 3:13 PM
Nov 2017
Saori Hayami as the puppeteer, nice. Saori's voice really suits her well.

Maki being best girl again. Tense episode, next week is going to be good.
Oct 9, 2020 3:39 PM

Jan 2009
Charon is here again nice one lets see how Kurono will handle him

and i agree with you Vulcan

Oct 9, 2020 3:57 PM

Aug 2018
this episode just shows us how weak the fire force company 8 really is, I mean my god how the hell Shinra can't beat Kurono it doesn't make sense, and then we have Vulcan and maki vs Puppeteer they cant beat Puppeteer too but when the white-clads show up they hand down show us just how strong they are I mean Kurono & Puppeteer are like what the fuck? is going on?
but overall it was fine episode 7 out of 10
Oct 9, 2020 4:20 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I like Tamaki but even I found it funny when Kurono sensed how weak she was. But I do hope she gets some redemption for what happened with Nataku. Our team is at a disavantage right now it seems.
Oct 9, 2020 4:23 PM

Apr 2015
That's a whole lot of battles all at once... Even the white clad gets involved now as well. Stuff really heating up again.

Damn, this girl got cheeks..
Oct 9, 2020 4:29 PM

May 2019
ricksed said:
I like Tamaki but even I found it funny when Kurono sensed how weak she was. But I do hope she gets some redemption for what happened with Nataku. Our team is at a disavantage right now it seems.

I uh… I think Kurono was mainly referring to Iris. 0___0
Oct 9, 2020 6:47 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, this episode was good I mean overall this whole season has been fantastic. And this arc is the chaoticly fun energy that I need to start my saturdays.

It's good to see the 8th rubbing off on Licht, our resident nerd. Puppeteer was also really cool, and that's definitely Hayama Saori voicing her right.

Charon vs Kurono let's go. And is it only me that likes Inca, I mean she a bitch but she an entertaining bitch lmao.

That was pretty hype can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 9, 2020 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
Another amazing episode! Everything got so tense, so many epic fights going on!
I do hope that the 8th will manage to retrieve the kid, they need him.

The crazy guy will realize that he is the weak one after all, lmao
The white-clad appeared at the right time!

Can't wait for the next episode, it will be epic!

Látom
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 9, 2020 8:02 PM
Nov 2019
Looks like we'll get a giant 3-way battle. Guess this pretty much guarantees that Hjima is in fact not with the evangelist. I say "pretty much" cause you never what plot twist they'll throw at you.
Oct 9, 2020 8:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. Its turned out in a hectic situations again. Nata Adorra Burst power awakened, the white cult suddenly appeared, and 8th division arrival to help, completely gave a nice vibes from every sides! Almost every characters from before showed themself. Bakaron! XD That Arrow obaba! Ah, new character, she was Inka's maid! Inka and her annoying look, and that electric girl too. Hell, even that woman, Haijima's employer from the previous episode had an interesting ability, and an eccentric personality too. As the whole introduction scheme, its too much!

Her interaction with Vulcan and Maki kinda weird. But succeeded to gave an intensed moments for a while. But, that last huge minion surely gave the battle sequences held more intensification to the whole three ways battle. Damn! Her motives, tho. She regards a children as a mere toys and treat them like that surely gave me a creep. No shit for her, even Maki had the same feeling too, together with Vulcan. Such a shame that Mera-Mera and Posu-Posu failed to survive with their last battle. Oh, well, at least there was Haumea and Arrow came in to surprised me, and ofc saved their neck. Especially with that Arrows, she alived!

Not to mention the other side of battlefield, tho. Its not so good for Shinra and his friend. Arthur seemed to get an underwhelming situations with his last part. Eventhough he success to defend them, he got hit easily like that was not so good for his appearance. But, his little peek at the Matchbox quite funny, such a comical relief in the middle of serious matter, typical Arthur. XD

However, surely its interesting to saw the battle between Kurono and Charon. Were they really wanted to battling with each others? Whats the plan for Shinra and his friends? As they might've potentially failed again to protect Nata kun from the massive aggression from the White Cult. Lets see the next one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 9, 2020 8:45 PM

Jul 2014
Last week we only heard a little laugh from her but I immediately thought, "wait, is she voiced by Saori Hayami?..... And I was right! She is voiced by her haha. I also said that I think I have a new waifu and with Hayamin's voice, damn right she is! I really like this whole puppeteer thing.
Oct 9, 2020 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
Don't know what to think about this series becoming self-conscious about Tamaki's weakness...

Honestly, not the beginning of the three-way confrontation I was expecting last week. Overall, first episode in a while I truly disliked.

First half was being rather decent until Maki and Vulcan's "fight" against the female puppet-master. It was such an static one and the addition of Vulcan's random rambling about mechas right in the middle of it ended up killing the little interest I barely had. Kinda made me remember of season 1 and the fights that got interrupted because it was Tamaki's fanservice time.
On the other hand, second half with the arrival of the Evangelist's followers was better but Jesus, I wanna punch Inca in the face so hard. I tried to enjoy the episode despite the boring first half but damn, she made it kinda difficult, being honest.

Anyways, let's hope this is a one episode thing because the clashes for next week look rather promising, action-wise. Hopefully, they will be executed in a more dynamic way.
Oct 9, 2020 11:38 PM
Aug 2020
Lol all i gotta say is kurono’s eyes are a whole meme, animation was clean, OST is pretty dope, i can’t wait to see more of the three team fight
Oct 9, 2020 11:55 PM
Apr 2020
A double three-way battle! Nice! And it's going to be more intense next episode! Looks like Ritsu can resurrect the dead.

Oct 10, 2020 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
all the chaotic events! everything is getting hype intense better!!!
5/5!

Oct 10, 2020 1:22 AM

Jan 2020
I would love to develop better discussions and be among the first to discuss and put images for this anime in which DavidP is working so hard, but I hardly have time for it * snif *, this season's work is at least twice as better than his previous, I hope they keep up the great work!

let's see ... a chapter with excellent animation, shadows and lights in place at all times, aah, and a little "fan service" on Inca's shoulders (does anyone know if the cartoonist does H?) ... I was hoping watch kurono vs shinra fight a little longer in the room but litch had to interrupt hehe.

the sixth pillar and its power to create rings of fire, I wonder how he will use it in the future, if he can control it, poor boy ...

Although Viktor is a nerd, he is the alpha nerd, winning a 1v1 match his first time!

wait a minute, onara = ass? LOL

those talks with vulcan, as they would say above, a little out of place, only mecha-otakus enjoy that detail?

I wonder, what was the smoke trail behind Charon and Inca at 17:40 ...

Seeing Haumea again makes me happy, actress Rie is an excellent voice for her! I think I'll make her my waifu

Seeing the trailer and connecting the dots, will they call Captain Burns to end the infernal? Will he end up fighting Shinra with him as seen in the opening? I can't wait to see the next chapter!

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Oct 10, 2020 3:19 AM

Jun 2020
Lmao how did his eyes do that shit
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 10, 2020 6:27 AM
Apr 2018
Poot-Poot Blaster?! It worked, Lol. "pbbt."

07:38 MAKI : How Lowbrow. I definitely don't want to get hit by that.
Oct 10, 2020 7:09 AM

Feb 2020
Everything has turned to quite a Mess!!

Let's see what happens in the next episode!!
Oct 10, 2020 7:29 AM
Apr 2019
I'm digging the OST! It was action packed. At least this week's episode is full of action now.
Oct 10, 2020 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
Kurono's eyes slithering on his face like crescent-shaped worms was my favorite part ngl.

Also, we got to see the cute girls from the other team again: Haumea, Arrow even Inca, even though I don't like her.
臭い-
Oct 10, 2020 10:01 AM

May 2015
Ah yes... a farting mech-puppet! THAT IS WHAT I NEED!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 10, 2020 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
Amazing episode, I was so engaged it felt like 5 mins had passed and then I saw the to be continued screen. Poor kid has so many mental problems, I don't see the 8 being able to help him at all, another one for the bad guys.
Oct 10, 2020 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
I like the progress in this arc but man, so many annoying faces in this episode.

The puppeteer is the most annoying one.
Oct 10, 2020 11:02 AM

Mar 2017
Ah damn it, things don't usually end well for the 8th when the White Clad get involved in a fight and now they gotta deal with them, Kurono the creep, the crazy puppet lady AND try to safely rescue and secure Nataku.... I think they're gonna need to some help from their allied Fire Soldiers!
Oct 10, 2020 12:06 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was pure action and adrenaline and I imagine next episode will be the same. This season has really stepped up the quality compared to the first.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 10, 2020 12:22 PM

Jan 2018
Kurono's eyes got me laughing hard lmao.
Oct 10, 2020 4:25 PM

Jun 2019
Another decent episode. Action was still good. It was more of a set-up for the fights next episode, which should be good. I didn’t like how the 8’s mechs won through the power of friendship tho.
Oct 10, 2020 5:37 PM
Nov 2017
Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 10, 2020 7:00 PM

Sep 2011
Marinate1016 said:
I’m just waiting on the day D.Pro make a bad fire force ep, I don’t think it’ll ever happen. These Mfs can’t miss. Pacing, fights, animation, everything was done superb today.

Fire Force season fr. Crazy thing is, it’s only getting better.

Yo, if you want some bad episodes of Fire Force you should rewatch season 1. Plenty of stinkers there.
Oct 10, 2020 9:38 PM

Oct 2017
I like the new psycho girl, she's so adorable. Totally my type. Also Inka's a bitch but she's still waifu, I really love psycho girls.
Oct 11, 2020 4:05 AM

Mar 2016
Pumped up episode, but Inca just makes me want to flip a table😡 As far as the current situation goes, puppeteer girl and Maki may team up against those 2 and Vulcan getting Arthur is their only hope. As far as retrieving Nataku goes, an unlikely alliance for a win may just be the thing.
Oct 11, 2020 4:07 AM

Mar 2016
footmaster said:
I like the progress in this arc but man, so many annoying faces in this episode.

The puppeteer is the most annoying one.
I'd say it's mostly Inca for me.
Oct 11, 2020 1:51 PM
Mar 2020
pacing and animation this ep was kinda ... not good. Hell even the art was less detailed than usual. Not gonna complain much tho after that joker episode, I know were the budget went
Oct 11, 2020 3:23 PM

Aug 2018
What's us with Kurono's eyes when he looked at Iris... his normal state eyes were already weird but this time lul

But now we have triple sides fight : perhaps some unexpected temporary alliance/combos will happen
Oct 11, 2020 7:18 PM
Apr 2016
fastgamer2 said:
pacing and animation this ep was kinda ... not good. Hell even the art was less detailed than usual. Not gonna complain much tho after that joker episode, I know were the budget went

I actually thought it was by far the worst episode to date in terms of production, and I'm not sure it will get any better the next few eps. I'm guessing covid hit them hard at this point.
CruicruiseOct 11, 2020 7:22 PM
Oct 12, 2020 3:42 AM
Jan 2013
Not so much of a three-way melee this episode rather than just a set-up for it.
Loooking forward to the actual fight(s), though.
Oct 12, 2020 7:37 AM

Jan 2019
I am absolutely loving all the new characters and the FIGHTS !!!! Man this is getting very exciting, i cant wait to see where this is going !!! (i am especially intrigued by Inca's maid seeing as how cool her design is and her clips from the OP, god bless maids)
Oct 13, 2020 1:17 AM

Aug 2015
Well well well, looks like the fight is just beginning. Of course, it was Inca who told the White-Clad about the 6th pillar, the poor kid has no idea on what's going on. Hopefully, the 8th Company can save him. Vulcan and Maki were a good team.

Let's see what happens next.
Oct 14, 2020 5:44 AM

Jan 2012
i dropped this show when the crow started talking
Oct 14, 2020 11:37 AM

May 2018

Well, what yo know, it looks like only them Charon can take out Kurono.....It looks like he gonna meet his end....Same with Puppet Girl.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

162 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

93 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

86 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2020

83 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

127 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.