5th.

Until Dawn

Agree with my choice?

How are yours different?

Do you like the games listed above?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2016 3:28 AM

Sep 2014
Persona 4 was great, Persona 3 was also pretty good (though the dungeon crawling got a lot more tedious in that game). I haven't played the other titles on that list, but I've got Catherine in my backlog.

As for my top 5 games (I'm going to with franchises here rather than individual games):

• 1st. The Souls series (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne)
  • 2nd. Pokemon (the main series)
  • 3rd. Metal Gear Solid
  • 4th. Fallout
  • 5th. Pikmin
Mar 13, 2016 3:32 AM

Apr 2014
In no particular order:

Tekken series
Pokèmon Sapphire
Dota 2
The Witcher series
Magic (you said games, so I guess every type of game counts?)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2016 4:31 AM

Nov 2007
1. Dark Souls / Demon's Souls
2. Armored Core: For Answer
3. Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius
4. Tales of Vesperia / Tales of the Abyss
5. Final Fantasy IX
Mar 13, 2016 4:32 AM

Nov 2015
Age of empires 2 and 3
Fifa
Osu
Mar 13, 2016 5:15 AM

Aug 2014
Top 5:

1- Elder Scrolls series by far

2- Mass Effect tied with Fallout series

3- Half-Life series

After that its hard for me to rank them.

4+5 Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock, Portal 2.

Many more....
Mar 13, 2016 5:43 AM

Apr 2015
Touhou
Osu
Pokemon

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Mar 13, 2016 6:37 AM

Aug 2014
Okay so in no particular order:
Xenoblade
Xenoblade X
Dark souls
Splatoon
Zelda link between worlds

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 13, 2016 7:02 AM

Mar 2016
No order boys:

- System Shock 2
- Team Fortress 2 (Can't fucking stand this game anymore, but I still love it)
- Persona 3 Portable
- Advance Wars
- Valkyria Chronicles

Anime || Manga || Me
Mar 13, 2016 8:00 AM
Jan 2016
At the top of my head-

Eternal Sonata (XBox360 for gameplay, but PS3 for better story because more is added to it)
Skies of Arcadia (Best game customization I've seen in a game)
Grandia II (Starting to notice a trend? lol)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Kingdom Hearts II
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC version)

Yeah I have a thing for JRPGS lol.
Mar 13, 2016 8:37 AM

Oct 2014
1) The first Deus Ex
2) Morrowind
3) The Thief series (but not Thief 2014)
4) Dragon Age: Origins
5) Chrono Trigger

Honorable Mention: Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Mar 13, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
Going with 1 per franchise:
1. Final Fantasy XII
2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Dishonored
4. Odin's Sphere
5. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Honorable Mentions: Final Fantasy VIII (would've been second), Persona 4, Skyrim, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, Burnout: Dominator, etc.
Mar 13, 2016 10:09 PM

Feb 2016
YANDERE SIMULATOR

Mar 13, 2016 10:21 PM

Jul 2012
1. Smash Brothers Melee and 64 (Haven't played enough PM or Sm4sh but they were fun when I tried them out. Especially in group settings)
2. Street Fighter II and IV
3. Osu
4. Touhou EoSD, SA and PCB
5. Dark Souls 2
Apr 6, 2016 6:42 PM

Apr 2016
In no particular order

Resident Evil
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy
Destiny
Pokemon
Apr 6, 2016 7:27 PM

Oct 2014
No particular order:

Final fantasy series
Banjo-Kazooie
Pokemon Series
Person 4
Mario Kart/Party
Ni no Kuni
Jak and Daxter
Devil May Cry
Klonoa
Legan of Zelda
S.K.A.T.E
Tony Hawk games
Conker's Bad Fur Day

And so on and so forth.
Apr 6, 2016 9:10 PM

Oct 2009
Shadow of the Colossus and A Link to the Past are tied as my favorite games of all time. Ico, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 9, Chrono Trigger, Okami, Pokemon's Gen 1 & 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles are some other favorites of mine. I'm mulling over adding The Talos Principle to this list. I played it too recently to have an objective opinion on it. It's a beautiful game and I loved playing it but I guess I just need time. I'm still in the honeymoon period with the game.

black1blade said:
Xenoblade
Xenoblade X
Dark souls
Splatoon

Wow, Xenoblade Chronicles X? That was one of the most disappointing games of the year for me. I really wanted to like it. I gave it like a 7.5 or 7 at first because I didn't want to convince myself that the creator of Xenogears and Xenoblade Chronicles made an awful fucking game, but god damn, Xenoblade Chronicles X is an awful fucking game.

Totally feeling A Link Between Worlds though. That game was a serious breath of fresh air. Much needed.
lucjanApr 6, 2016 9:17 PM

Apr 6, 2016 9:41 PM

Aug 2015
The Wind Waker
Dark Souls
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Crash Team Racing
Unreal Tournament 99 GOTY edition
Apr 6, 2016 10:15 PM

Mar 2016
Tales of Symphonia
Maplestory (I quit long ago but played it long enough to have a nostalgia factor)
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Castlevania.. I forget which one but it was for the DS maybe?
Tales of Xillia

yeaaaah it's been a while haha
Apr 6, 2016 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
Xenoblade Chronicles
Final Fantasy VI
Super Smash Brothers (I'll play melee, project m, and smash 4)
The Sims 3
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Apr 6, 2016 11:35 PM

May 2014
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
Super Mario 64 DS
Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Zelda Skyward Sword

Annnd Persona 4 Golden even though I haven't played it yet lol
Apr 6, 2016 11:57 PM
Jul 2018
- Castlevania (SoTN from PS1 and Dawn of Sorrows from nDS)
- Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross
- Wild Arms 2
- Tales of Phantasia
- Star Ocean (1st Departure and The 2nd Story)
- Final Fantasy VI
Apr 7, 2016 12:03 AM
Mar 2008
Mine in this order

1. Final Fantasy VIII (Yeah, a lot of people dislike it nut this is the best game from the entire franchise)
2. Legend of Dragoon (Wanted to be FF but it became its own great thing instead)
3. Shadow Hearts / Shadow Hearts Covenant (Both legendary games after Koudelka)
4. Crash Team Racing (Mario Kart wishes to be this fun and crazy)
5. Ridge Racer Type 4 (Best Ridge Racer and Arcade Racer ever)
6. Jade Cocoon (The much better Pokemon without a question)
7. Streets of Rage 2 (Punching bastards in the face is nowhere more satisfying then in SoR2)
8. Growlanser Heritage of War (Wonderful game all around)
Apr 7, 2016 12:17 AM

Apr 2011
MahadoKusanagi said:
1. Final Fantasy VIII (Yeah, a lot of people dislike it nut this is the best game from the entire franchise)

Nope, have to disagree. I love the game, but the game is not really that amazing, especially the gameplay. As much as I love scaled leveling for enemies, the junction system is far too broken to make it meaningful.
Apr 7, 2016 12:31 AM
Mar 2008
yhunata said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Nope, have to disagree. I love the game, but the game is not really that amazing, especially the gameplay. As much as I love scaled leveling for enemies, the junction system is far too broken to make it meaningful.

Thats what i hear most of the time: The junction system is broken.
And i dont get it. Every system can be broken once you mastered it. FFVIII does some unusual things with the game, and thats why i prefer VIII over any other FF, but that doesnt mean its broken. Either you mastered it and call it broken or you dont know how to use it and call it broken.
Either way, to each their own, especially on this thread thats not about FFVIII.
Apr 7, 2016 1:02 AM

Apr 2011
MahadoKusanagi said:
yhunata said:

And i dont get it. Every system can be broken once you mastered it. FFVIII does some unusual things with the game, and thats why i prefer VIII over any other FF, but that doesnt mean its broken. Either you mastered it and call it broken or you dont know how to use it and call it broken.
Either way, to each their own, especially on this thread thats not about FFVIII.

The reason why I say it's broken is that it's too easy to take advantage of it. The enemies' levels scaling with yours is meaningless if the junction system makes the entire thing null. It's too damn easy to master it. Also, a lot of FFs try something new. X had no leveling system, XII had the gambit system, VII had materia, IX had an uncontrollable limit break (which was shit, might I add) and X-2 had the ability to change classes at will, just from the ones I've played alone.
Apr 7, 2016 1:32 AM

Aug 2014
lucjan said:
Shadow of the Colossus and A Link to the Past are tied as my favorite games of all time. Ico, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 9, Chrono Trigger, Okami, Pokemon's Gen 1 & 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles are some other favorites of mine. I'm mulling over adding The Talos Principle to this list. I played it too recently to have an objective opinion on it. It's a beautiful game and I loved playing it but I guess I just need time. I'm still in the honeymoon period with the game.

black1blade said:
Xenoblade
Xenoblade X
Dark souls
Splatoon

Wow, Xenoblade Chronicles X? That was one of the most disappointing games of the year for me. I really wanted to like it. I gave it like a 7.5 or 7 at first because I didn't want to convince myself that the creator of Xenogears and Xenoblade Chronicles made an awful fucking game, but god damn, Xenoblade Chronicles X is an awful fucking game.

Totally feeling A Link Between Worlds though. That game was a serious breath of fresh air. Much needed.

It's a very different game but it lived up to the hype for me personally. Put 245 hours into it, longest I've put into any video game.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 7, 2016 1:32 AM
Mar 2008
yhunata said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

The reason why I say it's broken is that it's too easy to take advantage of it. The enemies' levels scaling with yours is meaningless if the junction system makes the entire thing null. It's too damn easy to master it. Also, a lot of FFs try something new. X had no leveling system, XII had the gambit system, VII had materia, IX had an uncontrollable limit break (which was shit, might I add) and X-2 had the ability to change classes at will, just from the ones I've played alone.

I dont want to drift too much apart from the actual intent of this thread but just to finish this off:
Yeah, you can easily take advantage of it, sure. But you dont have to do that at all since you dont even have to use the system in the first place and still beat the game. And that is the difference i see, you can play the game like you want:
Breaking the system and go rapidly to level 100
Breaking the system and stick with level 7 (starting level)
Dont use the junction system at all
Equip the GFs and only use their abilities like "Card" (Quezacotl) without leveling up and/or use them for combat
And more ways to beat the game. Yeah, you can make it very easy but you also can make it challenging. The challenge depends also, if you mastered the game, then there is almost no challenge, but that also goes for all other games. If you didnt mastered it until now, you can find your challenge.
Thats the freedom i think no other FF gives you. At least not as much as FFVIII. Therefore, you have an actual choice on how you beat the game.

But now, i will stop here. If you want to discuss this matter further, we can do it privately or something but this topic shouldnt really be in this thread ;)
Apr 7, 2016 1:38 AM
Mar 2015
My top 3 are:
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Diablo 2
3. Witcher 3

There are lots of other games but I cannot decide on how to rank them. Other games that I liked are: Warcraft 3, Pokemon games, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Bioshock, Final fantasy games, Dragon quest games, Mario rpgs etc
Apr 7, 2016 2:46 AM

Dec 2014
Favorite or rather the games with which I've had the most memorable experiences would be

Skyrim or Elder Scrolls in general
The Last Remnant (Rarely do I find people who have played this game, It's really good Imo)
The Original Crysis
God of War Franchise
GTA San Andreas (Rather GTA in general but I still feel SA is the best GTA, V is amazing too but SA probably wins for me cause of nostalgia)
Halo Franchise
Shining Force series
Assassin's Creed II
Dark Souls
Far Cry 3
Time Splitters Future Perfect (Yet to find a Coop game as fun as this, Borderlands is nowhere close to this)
Unreal Tournament Franchise
Warcraft 3
Pokemon Emerald/ Mystery Dungeon
Bayonetta
Bioshock Infinite

Well I could go on but I'll stop :P
Expect Witcher 3 to go right up there when I finally get down to playing it.
Apr 7, 2016 12:14 PM

Aug 2015
Kisaragi said:
Super Mario 64 DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Zelda Skyward Sword

Was Skyward Sword your first Zelda? It's my least favourite from the entire franchise, it's the only one where I didn't get all the hearts, one fragment was missing and even though I knew where it was I didn't bother to get it. What were the things that you liked the most from the game? I'm really curious, not attacking your preferences.
Apr 7, 2016 12:36 PM

May 2014
Mallinali said:
Kisaragi said:
Super Mario 64 DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Zelda Skyward Sword

Was Skyward Sword your first Zelda? It's my least favourite from the entire franchise, it's the only one where I didn't get all the hearts, one fragment was missing and even though I knew where it was I didn't bother to get it. What were the things that you liked the most from the game? I'm really curious, not attacking your preferences.

It was my 2nd Zelda. My first was Phantom Hourglass. I really liked the whole atmosphere of the game and the story. I really liked the concept of going to the surface. The world felt big.
Yea, I've met ppl with Skyward Sword as their least favorite. My least favorite is A Link Between Worlds which many ppl find awesome and it gets so much good reviews.
Apr 7, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2011

Occasionally they change, but those are the ones I've liked for the longest time.
Apr 7, 2016 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
Dark Souls (II)
Pokémon Stadium 2
Okami
Super Mario Sunshine
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Apr 7, 2016 1:19 PM

Nov 2012
1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
2. Tekken 5.
3. Tales of Vesperia.
4. Shadow of the Colossus.
5. Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening.
Apr 7, 2016 3:16 PM

Aug 2015
Kisaragi said:
Mallinali said:

It was my 2nd Zelda. My first was Phantom Hourglass. I really liked the whole atmosphere of the game and the story. I really liked the concept of going to the surface. The world felt big.
Yea, I've met ppl with Skyward Sword as their least favorite. My least favorite is A Link Between Worlds which many ppl find awesome and it gets so much good reviews.

It's funny, Skyward Sword felt empty for me. A link between worlds isn't one of my favourites but I was worried that the series would continue with the hand-holding like in SS, I mean it's still there but not as much.

Have you played The Wind Waker, A Link to the Past or Minish Cap? Those are my 3 favourite Zelda games.
Apr 7, 2016 3:38 PM

May 2014
Mallinali said:
Kisaragi said:

It's funny, Skyward Sword felt empty for me. A link between worlds isn't one of my favourites but I was worried that the series would continue with the hand-holding like in SS, I mean it's still there but not as much.

Have you played The Wind Waker, A Link to the Past or Minish Cap? Those are my 3 favourite Zelda games.

I see :o maybe because of the lack of characters and village/city
Never played those 3. I heard good things about WW and ALttP. Don't see many Minish Cap fans tho :o
I've actually only played 5. SS, TP, A linkBWorld, PH, and Oracle series.
Apr 7, 2016 4:11 PM

May 2015
1 - CS 1.6
2 - CS Source
3 - CS:GO
4 - Osu!
5 - Warframe

:D
Apr 7, 2016 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
1 - Tales of The Abyss
2 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
3 - Xenoblade Chronicles
4 - Final Fantasy X
5 - Metal Gear Solid 3
Apr 7, 2016 4:50 PM

Jan 2015
1)Doom
2)Delta Force 2
3)Fallout New Vegas
4)Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed
5)TES Skyrim
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Apr 8, 2016 2:03 AM

Oct 2011
1 - Tales of Symphonia
2 - Persona 3
3 - Final Fantasy X

Truth be told, I find it hard to decide between 2 and 3, I suppose it's a tie.
I don't really have a top 5 either.
Apr 8, 2016 3:18 AM

Feb 2015
I have no one favorite, so it makes it hard to list just 4/5 so i'll list a few in no particular order:

Bioshock Series
Dishonored
Halo 2
Minecraft
Splinter Cell
Tomb Raider
TES: Skyrim
Batman Arkham City
Hitman Blood Money
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Assassins Creed 2/brotherhood
Assassins creed Black Flag
Call Of Duty Black ops (strictly Zombies Only)
Pitfalll 3D: Beyond the Jungle (Nostalgia)
NFS most wanted
NFSU2
Farcry 3
The Witcher 2
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi 3
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault
The Walking Dead

Avid gamer <<---
Apr 8, 2016 6:36 AM

Mar 2016
The Sims, Animal Crossing, Einhander, Tekken, Any Miku Games...
*ponders*
Apr 8, 2016 7:18 AM

Oct 2015

Good taste.

Anyway in no particular order these are some of the favourites from the top of my head. I have been playing videogames regularly for about as long as I can remember so it is extremely hard to pin down a single favourite, or even top 10 material, so it's not entirely accurate:
.System Shock 2
.Fallout: New Vegas
.Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
.Doom
.Crimzon Clover World Ignition
.Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (a childhood favourite, I really need to play it again)
.Wipeout HD
.Strike Vector
.The Wonderful 101
.Metal Gear Solid 3
.Pretty much all of the Ys series
.Pretty much all of the Darius Series (especially Darius Gaiden and Burst)

It's funny how this random gaming subsection of an anime forum seems to have people with better taste than most dedicated gaming forums. :3
LobindeApr 8, 2016 7:23 AM
Apr 8, 2016 6:56 PM
Apr 2016
I basically follow the website to get different kind of games for my 2 daughters http://www.funnytowers.com. The are about 4 & 6 years old. Love to play the game in different mode.
Apr 9, 2016 10:22 AM

Jun 2010
No particular order:

The Last Of Us
Metal Gear Solid series
Shadow Of The Colossus
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Max Payne 1 and 2
Bioshock
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect series
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
Uncharted 2
Journey
Silent Hill 2
Final Fantasy 7
Persona 4
Batman: Arkham City
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Metroid Prime and/or Super Metroid
Apr 8, 2018 11:25 AM
Apr 2018
Just started the new Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hackers Memory. And despite the overly long name, its just as good as the previous one.

These are some of the few games ill buy day one, as a sign of support and because im a huge digimon fan/digimon games have been killing it the last few years.

Also try to start Gravity Rush 2 since it finally hit the sales with a hefty cut in price. Should be playing Xenoblade 21 prive casino but I'm having too much fun with my new surround sound kit, friggin love it (when I finally got it working after almost two days of tinkering with it).

Then going to try to play some Halo:MCC,also later in the day Mortal Kombat XL.
Apr 10, 2018 4:27 AM

Mar 2018
1. Skyrim
2. Tale of Beseria
3. Cuphead
4. Osu
Apr 10, 2018 4:34 AM

Aug 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:
Mine in this order

2. Legend of Dragoon (Wanted to be FF but it became its own great thing instead)
3. Shadow Hearts / Shadow Hearts Covenant (Both legendary games after Koudelka)
4. Crash Team Racing (Mario Kart wishes to be this fun and crazy)
5. Ridge Racer Type 4 (Best Ridge Racer and Arcade Racer ever)
6. Jade Cocoon (The much better Pokemon without a question)
7. Streets of Rage 2 (Punching bastards in the face is nowhere more satisfying then in SoR2)
8. Growlanser Heritage of War (Wonderful game all around)

This man likes Jade Cocoon. This man gets it.
Soulsborne series.
God of War series.
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Warframe
Elsword
Closers
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Dissdia series
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Grand Theft Auto series
Jade Cocoon
Super Smash Bros series

Apr 10, 2018 9:07 AM

Jan 2011
Dragon Age series
Mass Effect series
Soulcalibur series
The Elder Scrolls
Persona series
Kingdom Hearts series
Dead or Alive series
Final Fantasy series
Xenosaga series
Valkyrie Profile series

Mainly these series but there are other standalone games.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

58 by ProGoddess »»
7 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3564 by Nette »»
Today, 1:22 AM

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

10 by Alpha-Nine »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

14 by Galletita »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

16 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.