Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 7, 2016 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Do not ask for subs and do not ask or share links to copyrighted material which includes streams and downloads

----------------------------------------
The animation is crap but the episode did take off pretty fast with a load of action, much more than I had expected.

Never played the games before but it does have the feel of sci-fi in it.
The comedy part was pretty cheesy in general. I mean yeah, cosplay...outfits or whatever.

Eh weak premiere for the season, hope they develop the story better but it's just the first episode so maybe there's room for that? I hope. The technology part may have potential but the most has some weird designs to it.
AversaJan 7, 2016 3:39 PM
Jan 7, 2016 9:49 AM

Sep 2007
That's not cosplay, that's exactly how people dress up in the game. :x
Jan 7, 2016 10:10 AM

Aug 2013
Massaki said:
That's not cosplay, that's exactly how people dress up in the game. :x

Pretty much this.

Well it's just as horseshit as i expected. If there's anything good come from this, is that sega gives a rare drop boost in the game now to commemorate this shit.
Jan 7, 2016 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
Curry-kun said:
Well it's just as horseshit as i expected. If there's anything good come from this, is that sega gives a rare drop boost in the game now to commemorate this shit.

I usually don't comment nor say that it's bad start, but I have to agree that this series is pretty much a giant advertisement for the game. More so than others I believe given the new update coming at the end of the month, it has a story line set on earth with a possibility of interacting with the cast from the anime. (that last part is my speculation but it could happen.)

I can't help but feel that things won't go well for this series unless they put some effort into a good storyline, not likely, and clean up the animation, possibility.

Well I'll keep my eye on it and see what kind of crazy thing they'll come up with.

Also I play PSO2 so I'm no stranger to this.....
Jan 7, 2016 3:17 PM

Apr 2010
This was ok except for the 5 minutes that where waisted on boosting about how perfect the student council was.
Honestly hate those type of scenes, perfect people means boring people.

I like the concept behind this anime so far tho.
But i wonder how future episodes will be.
Jan 7, 2016 3:30 PM

Nov 2009
Never_ending said:
it has a story line set on earth with a possibility of interacting with the cast from the anime. (that last part is my speculation but it could happen.)

Well...
http://puu.sh/mn6AV.jpg
Jan 7, 2016 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
ezodagrom said:
Never_ending said:
it has a story line set on earth with a possibility of interacting with the cast from the anime. (that last part is my speculation but it could happen.)

Well...
http://puu.sh/mn6AV.jpg

I knew that red hair looked familiar, thanks for the pointer.
Jan 7, 2016 4:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I actually kind of liked this....It's not anything amazing nor is it in my top 5 so far but I did enjoy it

I like the mix between normal art and CGI and the animation was fine imo....So far I can say that the main characters didn't annoy me which is a good thing but I'm most interested in the blonde girl that appeared at the end

Also I totally knew that the cyborg character guy was so going to be the super ppopular/gifted student council president lol...Since there's no subs I couldn't exactly understand what this is going to be about exactly but as of right now I kinda like how things are looking

Pretty cool how this is supposedly going to be intertwined with the actual game too =o
Jan 7, 2016 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
Also sega and their shameless sonic fetish

Jan 7, 2016 10:25 PM

Jan 2011
Learned my lesson from Gunslinger Stratos. If you don't play the game then this will just be a struggle to get through since there is zero connection. Even if you play the game this may very well be a struggle. Not gonna do it this time.
Jan 7, 2016 11:11 PM
Dec 2015
Kid's show...>.<
wasted potential IMHO,
cuz SEGA...
Jan 8, 2016 12:10 AM
Sep 2014
IZEROII said:
Learned my lesson from Gunslinger Stratos. If you don't play the game then this will just be a struggle to get through since there is zero connection. Even if you play the game this may very well be a struggle. Not gonna do it this time.

I used to play the game, and found this rather disappointing.

I was expecting a story set in the game world; the game does have a storyline after all. This anime just came across as one big advertisement for the game.
Jan 8, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2007
fatalystic said:

I was expecting a story set in the game world; the game does have a storyline after all. This anime just came across as one big advertisement for the game.

The twist here is that the anime series is also canon to the game's storyline. :x

The only problem here is, imo, how exactly does it tie up to the game (and it's Episode 4 update).
Jan 8, 2016 10:49 PM

Jun 2014
Not the greatest anime this season, but since I have been waiting 3 years for the game to come to North America I guess this will tide me over in hopes that we may someday get a new Phantasy Star game here!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jan 8, 2016 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
Man this is a disgrace to the franchise. I used to play the first game all the time and I'm waiting for the second to be localized, but this is just no.
Jan 8, 2016 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
That was a good episode.

That cyborg guy in PSO2 is Izumi!
Jan 8, 2016 11:41 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Oh man, did Itsuki look suspicious in the beginning! I almost mistook him for a serial killer there. That security guard is sharper than a Katana and should apply to be a detective immediately. Too bad, he's unduly mesmerized by Izumi to even think about resigning. Such a waste of talent. Tsk.. Tsk..

The deliberate approach used to incorporate PSO2 with the academy's model couldn't be any more subpar. One could replace PSO2 with just about any other game, and it'd flow without a hitch. Nothing the student council said made PSO2 exceptional that they couldn't possibly use another method to achieve the same result. Prime example of poor exposition.

The 3DCGI in the gaming world is pretty jarring too, which I can't say works well with the battle sequences. Unless they improve the quality, it's bound to be among the major flaws of the show.

Prosaic start, and I don't think it'd improve much. Has a very good chance of becoming Gunslinger Stratos 2.0.
VindstotJan 9, 2016 12:11 AM

Jan 8, 2016 11:50 PM

Jan 2013
fatalystic said:
IZEROII said:

I got the same feeling, i also played the game until mars 2014, it was dissapointing. I mostly played the matherboard, so i know mostly all the story in episode 1 but was not far enough in episode 2 to have an idea about what this was going to be. Well, the only way it could get a better score, break the fourth wall by saying the earth emergency quest of city's in reality what was happening in the anime's real life, otherwise, it's uber shit.

Also the frame rate from the horriblesubs source was shit or it's simply because it was missing key frame from the source in studio... The color was very dark at the begining it required i put at 100% the brightness and contrast on my monitor when normaly i am at 0%. Definitively not the best jobs from a studio doing 3DCG and it took that long before they release this anime since they announced it. I was thinking the scriptwriter totally did not know what to fucking put in the storyline so they simply made fake player playing PSO2 based on his noobz experience in PSO2.
Yukito-AtariJan 8, 2016 11:56 PM
Jan 9, 2016 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
pretty good first episode. looking forward to episode 2.
Jan 9, 2016 12:46 AM

Mar 2013
Well, it was better then I expected.... I guess?
Jan 9, 2016 1:10 AM

Sep 2014
Played a bit of the game, it doesn't really feel like the game.
レムって、誰のこと?
Jan 9, 2016 2:07 AM
Jul 2007
Very displeased with this... I want a real fictional story at least, not this real world virtual crap.

Should have adapted the Red Ring Rico story from PSO I... it's intense and kinda spoilery for PSO 1. Youtube link to what the show should have been about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXHk9M1PoLM
eraltergJan 9, 2016 2:44 AM
Jan 9, 2016 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
There are so many things wrong with this anime, I don't know where to start but really how stupid is the process of hiring Vice President of Student Council? Playing a fucking game is what a Vice President job is? What the fuck is wrong with this school.

Jan 9, 2016 2:49 AM

Apr 2015
Was expecting it to be a 1/10, turned out to be a 2/10. Nice.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jan 9, 2016 3:04 AM

Feb 2014
Wow never seen an anime adaptation of a game showing people playing that game inside an anime.

And here we go again... another school president gets idolised by students. Sick of that annoying praises.

But so far, it looks pretty interesting. Better than Divine Gate.
Jan 9, 2016 3:43 AM

Sep 2015
"next the character...this will take some time..ohh..I'll just randomize it.."
*clicks randomize button* ......exactly looks like him..WTF.

Jan 9, 2016 5:07 AM

Jun 2014
What the fuck is this anime?Why is this about people playing the game instead of the events in the game?
Why is there a huge sonic logo?
That random guy becomes part of student council, because he is ok at school?
Why must the student council play this shity mmorpg?
Is this a world were Sega rules most of japan or something?

I might watch a few more episodes out of morbid curiosity, but that's about it.
Jan 9, 2016 5:18 AM
Nov 2010

Skip to 5:47 for Koi Koi
Jan 9, 2016 6:29 AM

May 2010
What a piece of dogshit! 1/10
Jan 9, 2016 6:37 AM
Feb 2010
Shinobu-Oshino said:
generic as fuck :|

You mean like 90% of anime or anything?:P

First episode finished too fast for me, idea's bit overused already, but this may be a good filler anime while waiting for new episodes of different series.
Jan 9, 2016 6:57 AM

May 2010
Rufix said:
Shinobu-Oshino said:
generic as fuck :|

You mean like 90% of anime or anything?:P

First episode finished too fast for me, idea's bit overused already, but this may be a good filler anime while waiting for new episodes of different series.

rather like 90% of this season sofar. but you cant deny this show has reached a whole new level on that matter. its beyond just generic.
Jan 9, 2016 7:12 AM

Aug 2014
Well.. It is not that bad.. I don't mind the suppose "Cliches" that the anime "experts" claim it has. Well, anyways the animation was iffy at times and the plot was pretty average. Crossing my fingers that it gets a little bit better
Jan 9, 2016 7:19 AM

Jun 2014
The moment they introduced the perfect school president, I'm like yeah this is original...but turns out she's monitoring the kid Itsuki who's playing the game. The goal for this is just to collect data on what's funky with the students during their leisure time. Nae bad.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 9, 2016 7:19 AM

Jul 2014
Every boy's fantasy is to have video game playing as homework and every girl's is to be top in the school and have everyone look up to her. Hit series!!! Ugh.
Jan 9, 2016 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
Tokoya said:
I actually kind of liked this....It's not anything amazing nor is it in my top 5 so far but I did enjoy it

I like the mix between normal art and CGI and the animation was fine imo....So far I can say that the main characters didn't annoy me which is a good thing but I'm most interested in the blonde girl that appeared at the end

Also I totally knew that the cyborg character guy was so going to be the super ppopular/gifted student council president lol...Since there's no subs I couldn't exactly understand what this is going to be about exactly but as of right now I kinda like how things are looking

Pretty cool how this is supposedly going to be intertwined with the actual game too =o

Basically this.
Expected to be absolute trash, but for some weird reason I enjoyed it a little.
I wasnt planning on watching this but...eh. Might continue.
Jan 9, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2011
no io-chan = 0/10

also where are all the japanese calling non-japs "parasytes"? the english speakers talking about boobs?
TyrelJan 9, 2016 2:20 PM
Jan 9, 2016 8:14 AM

Feb 2015
Didn't expect to enjoy this. It doesn't have an original concept but didn't bore me either. Will keep watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2016 8:27 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Never played the game, yet it feels like an insult to its franchise. And don't get me started on that animation.
2/5
Jan 9, 2016 8:28 AM

Sep 2007
Well, I found myself entertained through the whole episode. I did like the subtle hints hidden in background chatter over what is supposed to be happening in the game's Episode 4 update.

While it was a pretty weak first episode, I look forward to seeing how it links and ties everything up to the game.
Jan 9, 2016 8:29 AM

Jul 2015
SchwingBoner said:
Didn't expect to enjoy this. It doesn't have an original concept but didn't bore me either. Will keep watching.

Yup that's how I felt watching this too, I'll probably check out the game soon too
Jan 9, 2016 8:51 AM

Jan 2008
This premise is so awkward I nearly broke my own nose facepalming during Itsuki's appointment to "vice president" and being told his "duties" are to play a damn MMO.

I loved the game itself back when I played. This anime though... I dunno.
Jan 9, 2016 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
This is shit.. I had to pinch myself to keep watching..
Signature removed.
Jan 9, 2016 10:27 AM

Jan 2014
I honestly was expecting more of an in-universe kind of thing, not an academy in where students play the game o_O

That being said it was still entertaining to watch. That Itsuki guy, even though his VA is male, it has a really androgynus voice (tsk tsk to think somebody is rivaling Ayumu Murase there.......)

Knew that the president was the robot, what I don't get is what is the big deal with the game. Apparently there is not something like SAO in which people get locked in the game but more of a GGO thing in which for some reason players suffer irl (which I attribute to the vice-president going missing).

Anyway so far this is light-hearted and simple, and Izumi isn't totally my type (appearance-wise) but she's still cute.

I don't get why people say the animation was crap, I found everything pretty normal tbh.

PS: Liked the Sonic head on the campus. Also the fact it is called Seiga, of to reference SEGA ain't it?
Jan 9, 2016 10:50 AM

Oct 2013
Been playing pso2 for almost 2 years now. Im watching this just for the cameos lol, wont be expecting much to the story.

yay they animated my fav Bamboo Clacker lol
Jan 9, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
Seiga Academy, how cheeky of you.

He successfully made a character with a simple name and had nobody else have that same name? Imposibruuuuuuuuuu

EDIT: That ED song...I don't even know how to describe it.
DKNer0Jan 9, 2016 11:07 AM
Jan 9, 2016 11:04 AM

Mar 2008
I got a laugh out of the big Sonic Topiary design other than that this show already strikes as GENERIC AS CAN BE! It wasn't awful but it is already teetering down into SAO territory with the BS One-Shot-Kill he pulls off in the end.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jan 9, 2016 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
dreadknightnero said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0UvkJCH90I#t=5m28s

ShadowAlex said:
It wasn't awful but it is already teetering down into SAO territory with the BS One-Shot-Kill he pulls off in the end.

In the game itself, that enemy they were fighting was pretty much just a grunt enemy.
Jan 9, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2011
ezodagrom said:
dreadknightnero said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0UvkJCH90I#t=5m28s

ShadowAlex said:
It wasn't awful but it is already teetering down into SAO territory with the BS One-Shot-Kill he pulls off in the end.

In the game itself, that enemy they were fighting was pretty much just a grunt enemy.

yup, as long as you don't go with something like a gunslash, you can 0hk those enemies at level 1.
Jan 9, 2016 12:39 PM

Feb 2015
I actually enjoyed this more than I though I would. Yes its cliche, yes it's generic and yes the storyline is trashy but it was still fun. I think this will be winter seasons guilty pleasure.
Jan 9, 2016 12:39 PM

Mar 2014
I can't see this as anything but a huge advertisement for the game. That being said, I'm looking forward to character cameos and boss fights.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» It makes sense that they'd make this series...

vigorousjammer - Sep 19, 2015

4 by Lucifrost »»
Jul 17, 2022 2:37 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2016

35 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 11, 2020 4:07 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

51 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 6, 2020 6:25 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

64 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 2020 9:22 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

28 by Akait »»
Aug 8, 2019 3:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.