Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2015 1:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I liked most of the action and this seems to take a serious tone with the Gundam franchise. I also like most of the mecha design so far with the OST that has a similar feel as the PV.

Some of the major characters were introduced including Aina

What I'm wondering though is how many episodes this will get.
So far, it has a lot of potential imo and the action is great with the choreography. I'm definitely looking forward to more.
Stark700Oct 4, 2015 4:45 AM
Oct 4, 2015 1:34 AM

May 2014
Oh man I don't even care about how impractical the waist of the Barbatos is anymore after seeing it pop out of the ground and nail that asshat. Great OST.

RAISE YOUR FLAG
Oct 4, 2015 1:41 AM

Jul 2013
Raise your flag~

I knew the OP song will be great since I've heard the full version already but seeing it with the OP sequence is really nice. Looks promising so far, at least compared to the 2 previous Gundam TV series.

Watched the YT version with sub and there's no OP sequence with this one. This episode had all that I've want from a Gundam series so far. That music and Barbatos entrance at the end though. With that Atra girl narrating the preview, I hope she'll be fine throughout the series.

Really hope this will have 50-episode total, split-cour like 00 or not.
EasyGo-erOct 4, 2015 6:13 AM

Oct 4, 2015 2:15 AM

Jul 2015
Is this worth checking out if the only things that i have seen from gundam are:
Unicorn episode 1&2
00 episode 1
Oct 4, 2015 2:19 AM
Jul 2015
dArKoPsYcHo said:
Is this worth checking out if the only things that i have seen from gundam are:
Unicorn episode 1&2
00 episode 1

Yeah this AU so you don't have to watch any gundam before watching it.
Oct 4, 2015 3:20 AM
Oct 2013
I liked it. Hope the story will be as good as gundam seed ^^
Mech design is nice but the animation feels strange. For me at least.

Need subs :/
Oct 4, 2015 3:36 AM
Jul 2014
As far as first episodes go for this franchise this was nothing special, really just a whole lot of set up which wouldn't be so bad if not the the excessive cutting and pacing. There's not really a standout character yet but my impression if Orga has changed abit from his initial appearance in the trailers. This show doesn't look nearly as good as G-Reco which us disappointing yet expected given this is a regular Gundam production. Overall it was okay and I'll see what comes of this but it wouldn't surprise me that we'll get people calling it the best thing ever just because they could comprehend it.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
_Ghost_Oct 6, 2015 2:11 PM
Oct 4, 2015 4:03 AM
Oct 2013
After watching it with subs I can say that this is going to be one of the best animes this year :D

By the way, wasn't G-Reco that shitty thing for kids ?
Oct 4, 2015 4:19 AM

Feb 2012
That opening theme.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 4, 2015 4:27 AM

Apr 2012
Great action from the first episode!

Definitely a good start.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 4, 2015 4:44 AM
Jul 2014
The MC's eyes tend to look weird from some angles but other than that the style seems very neat. Good production and off to a nice start so far! Definitely looking forward to this.
Oct 4, 2015 4:58 AM

Aug 2013
That is indeed a badass way to Enter on the battlefield :)
Oct 4, 2015 4:58 AM

Dec 2013
Can't really tell much from the first episode, no clue how it will turn out but overall pretty nice, has potential. The pace was definitely too fast for my tastes though.

The ost :oo
Oct 4, 2015 5:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very promising start. The non- CGI are mecha are well animated, good production values and ost. A lot of the episode was used on creating the setting and backstory, but that is par for the course for Gundam were geopolitics are complex. Looking forward to more of this series.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 4, 2015 5:08 AM

Sep 2013
Wow, that was fucking awesome. The show exceeded my expectations set by the PV about a million fold. The setup was nothing new but strongly executed, the characters instantly likable, animation quite gorgeous for a TV series and the OST awesome. And dat opening song is so good. Also couldn't spot like any CGI which is lovely
Oct 4, 2015 5:13 AM

Oct 2013
SO MUCH HYPE AT THE END. Like everyone else in this thread has already said, the OST is killing it. So epic.

Like all mecha pilot episodes, it was hard to get a grasp on what all is going on. The politics are still well beyond the realm of understanding, and overall it was just kind of confusing. Standard fair for both Gundam and mecha as a whole, so I didn't expect anything less. There wasn't really much to pull out of this episode, but there's a lot of potential. The setting looks sweet, the animation is crisp and vibrant, and I can see this developing into something immense. I am really, really looking forward to this.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 4, 2015 5:24 AM

Aug 2014
WOW, I did not expect this to be so good.
Oct 4, 2015 5:31 AM

Sep 2015
Hyped for ep 2!!! Mikazuki gives me a bit of Heero Yuy feel and that girl Relena. Biscuit and Orga are good characters for now. But that Barbatos scene, savage!!!
Oct 4, 2015 5:42 AM

Feb 2015

Nice first episode. I like all the characters introduced, especially our short MC.
Great soundtrack during that fight scene. That Gundam looked really cool in the end.

Right way to protest if you want the government to pay attention.

SchwingBonerOct 4, 2015 5:54 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2015 5:47 AM

May 2009
Raise your flag!!!

Can't wait for episode 2. It's on October 11th right?
Oct 4, 2015 5:49 AM
Jul 2008
Awesome start for the series, let's hope it continues this way!
Check out my YouTube channel, all about retro and smaller games:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Teedyan
Oct 4, 2015 5:49 AM

Jul 2007
Checked this out of curiosity. So far an OKAY start but knowing Mari Okada we will soon have a trainwreck full of fake edge and incest.

Can't wait. If it goes that down we might have another Gundam Seed in so-bad-its-funny kind of way.

Might stick for few more episodes just to wait for when Okada twist happens.
Oct 4, 2015 5:51 AM

Feb 2014
Wow much better than I thought possible. Off to a great start. That animation was gorgeous. This definitely looks like a return to form for the Gundam series.
Oct 4, 2015 5:55 AM

Jul 2010
I knew that this would be good, and it didn't disappoint! :D

Totally gave off a Unicorn vibe here and there, especially dat music, OMG.
Oct 4, 2015 6:01 AM

Jun 2014
that was a good start, really exciting and i love the princess, looking forward to more + this is the first gundam series i'll be watching
:3
Oct 4, 2015 6:02 AM

Feb 2012
Farabeuf said:
Very promising start. The non- CGI are mecha are well animated, good production values and ost. A lot of the episode was used on creating the setting and backstory, but that is par for the course for Gundam were geopolitics are complex. Looking forward to more of this series.
I am so glad the mecha are not 3DCG.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 4, 2015 6:12 AM

Jun 2012
Fantastic first episode. The Characters have a lot of potential (Especially the "evil" ones). Also, NO CGI-MECHA! Finally! The story seems nice as well. My first Gundam series. Are all Gundam series like that? Interesting characters and great production value.
VonSchillerOct 7, 2015 2:12 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2015 6:23 AM

Apr 2014
woAAAAAAA LOTS OF ACTION AND SHIRTLESS GUYS THIS IS MY FAV FOR NOW XD

I like Orga .hahahha

ee i was watching before mobile suit gundam 00 and the gundam of this episode is similar to Exia...the head is similar
Sunakko-ch4nOct 4, 2015 6:31 AM
Oct 4, 2015 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
VonSchiller said:
Fantastic first episode. The Characters have a lot of potential (Especially the "evil" ones). Also, NO CGI-MECHA! Finally! The story seems nice as well and the story too. My first Gundam series. Are all Gundam series like that? Interesting characters and great production value.

I can't guarantee than all gundans will suit your taste since the recent ones before this have some critics, but if you liked the first episode of this one you will sure like of Gundan 00 and Gundan Seed, they are the best ones to majority of fans( the latter is a little old/style and some replayed frames, but if you can overcome that is great).

And they all are indeed like that
Oct 4, 2015 6:32 AM

Jul 2007
VonSchiller said:
Fantastic first episode. The Characters have a lot of potential (Especially the "evil" ones). Also, NO CGI-MECHA! Finally! The story seems nice as well and the story too. My first Gundam series. Are all Gundam series like that? Interesting characters and great production value.

Yes.

beyond the last few targeted at kids and pure crap like Seed, most of Gundam is more about exploration of nature of war with no "good" or "bad" side(the only truly evil people are the ones who are insane).

The last "good" one was Gundam00 which was set in setting and timeline "closest" to our real world and dealt with themes like terrorism, oil crisis, etc.

Other notable ones would be Wing, the original timeline ones( the recap movies of first series > Zeta > ZZ > CCA > unicorn and then most of sidestories like utterly fantastic and most realistic 8th MS Team) and TurnA(advised to be watched after original timeline)

The ones to be skipped would be GundamSeed/SeedDestiny, Gundam Age, and most of build fighters crap.
AhenshihaelOct 4, 2015 6:55 AM
Oct 4, 2015 6:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Can't say I'm impressed but could've been worse
Oct 4, 2015 6:41 AM

Oct 2010
Thumbs up for interesting new mech designs.
Relatively normal, but nice build up in first episode. Let's see what the rest will bring :)
Oct 4, 2015 6:53 AM
Apr 2008
It was alright, seems like it won't be a very childish story which is great. The art is good, except for some designs - Aina is... such a typical princess lol (they could've came up with something more original) and Mikazuki's a bit weird looking hair&eyes - I'll probably get used to him though. McGillis seems to be the Char clone this time?

Hope it will speed up a little bit.

oh and ONS ruined the name "Mika" for me... hope they'll call him Mikazuki more often lol
Oct 4, 2015 7:01 AM

Aug 2015
A lot of great setup and world building that didn't feel weighted or boring. So far, this is probably the best premiere episode of the season, barring sequels.

It's basically Aldnoah/Zero done right. 4/5
Oct 4, 2015 7:13 AM

Oct 2008
Well, that was great. The atmosphere kinda reminds me of 08TH, in a good way.
Though, i kinda dislike the character design. And i also like that, MC isn't whiny (yet, at least) like in most previous show.
Im in for more.

kinda off topic but.
Frrrosty said:
A lot of great setup and world building that didn't feel weighted or boring. So far, this is probably the best premiere episode of the season, barring sequels.

It's basically Aldnoah/Zero done right. 4/5

Well, i liked aldnoah more or less, but isn't it the other way around. I mean, Aldnoah was like gundam in a worse coat.
VargrOct 4, 2015 7:20 AM
Oct 4, 2015 7:26 AM

Jun 2015
Oh wow that was awesome!! and that ending song
Oct 4, 2015 7:34 AM

Jan 2015
Great first episode
I am watching this just for the man-service
Oct 4, 2015 7:35 AM

Jun 2009
Annuvin said:
Non-CGI mecha. I'm lovin' it.

definitely the strong point
VonSchiller said:

not all gundam series are like this (mostly because different staff and key animator)
watch 00 and Gundam Wing (SEED not recommended!) at least for now.
Oct 4, 2015 7:37 AM

Aug 2015
Vargr said:

Well, i liked aldnoah more or less, but isn't it the other way around. I mean, Aldnoah was like gundam in a worse coat.

Yes, you're right. What I meant was that A/Z was poorly written since the first episode, whereas this was decent. You can compare them because they share similarities in the character and setting department. This MC is at least hinted to be more complex than a one-trick pony like Inaho was.

Hell, even the princess, Aina, I would argue, seems more interesting than the princess (I forget her name) in A/Z. Though, I suppose it's both the character and mecha designs in this series that slant my opinion in this case.
FrrrostyOct 4, 2015 7:41 AM
Oct 4, 2015 7:39 AM

Nov 2008
The real true Gundam is finally back and nice and gritty as well (with kids getting killed and child soldiers) and while the artstyle isn't very fitting for it, it does the job. It could end up like a cross between Victory and a much better A/Z.

Oct 4, 2015 7:45 AM

Jul 2009
Finally a Gundam worthy to watch since Gundam 00 and Gundam 08th MS, I hope they don't mess with this in the next episodes.
Oct 4, 2015 7:59 AM

Aug 2010
F*** YES!! I've been waiting for this kind of Gundam since 4ever! I miss them so much.

Likable characters. Not a kid as the MC (short but not a kid). And awesome Mech and character designs with awesome animation fighting.

Mika and Orga are really cool. Aina seems to be ur usual naive princess but that's just another part of Gundam I like lol :P

Now we're talking. Hope this'll be a 50 ep series.
Oct 4, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 2012
CookingPriest said:
and most of build fighters crap.

Build Fighter is awesome (not Try). The fact that it's a kid's show doesn't mean that it's bad. Build fighter is has awesome action, really likable characters, and doesn't contain the melodrama bullshit.

BTW, great first episode. Cool BGM and animation. Definitely waiting for more
Oct 4, 2015 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
My thoughts about the pilot episode:

Okay, The plot and story was very interesting. The animation was really good.
The ED (or OP) song and OST was good too. It's just that it had no animation.
I will definitely watch this when most of the episodes was like this!
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 4, 2015 8:08 AM

Dec 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Hope this'll be a 50 ep series.

The pacing was too fast for it have so many episodes.
Oct 4, 2015 8:16 AM

Feb 2014
robis798 said:
Barion-Zara said:
Hope this'll be a 50 ep series.

It will at least have 25. No Gundam has had less.
Oct 4, 2015 8:18 AM

Apr 2015
I like the mecha designs. This could be a good series. The MC is pretty cool too.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 4, 2015 8:19 AM
Aug 2012
So i guess we can expect something better than G-Fighter Try and G-Reco. Hopefully the later episodes will deliver as well.

Oct 4, 2015 8:20 AM

Apr 2013
I really like the characters and the episode was good too.

Hopefully expectations will be met.
Oct 4, 2015 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
eXtacy67 said:
robis798 said:

It will at least have 25. No Gundam has had less.

At least 25 definitely.

However, I'm having some doubts about 50 because of the time slot. Nanatsu no Taizai (2016) is likely going to take the time slot at a season sometimes next year.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

245 by wallus81 »»
May 3, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2016

148 by wallus81 »»
May 3, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.