Apr 26, 2015 10:57 PM

Dec 2014
WHY!

Is there any stories behind?
aLotQuestion_Apr 26, 2015 11:03 PM
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 26, 2015 11:27 PM

Nov 2014
Completely agree with you dude. The games are excellent. They did made some short animation about it though.
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Apr 26, 2015 11:28 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
A Suikoden anime would be tough. So many characters.
Apr 26, 2015 11:37 PM

Nov 2014
KingYoshi said:
Well, i can agree with you. The characters recruitment could be a drag or rush as hell. How do you think if they make it into a long run anime? Will it help?
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Apr 26, 2015 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
Because game adaptions are almost always shit.
Apr 27, 2015 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
I'm going to go ahead and slightly invade the topic by making a general video game adaptation to anime-related post.

I'd much prefer seeing a Radiata Stories anime, the series some dub as a "rip off of Suikoden". It's a lesser known title that I believe is more deserving of some attention.
Just from RS's intro movie alone one can tell it would work out.

Having played played Suikoden I, II and V, I admit Suikoden V (similar release date to RS) has the better story and gameplay across the board.

Anyone who's played RS however might tell you the characters are much more compelling, and to me much more fitting for an anime adaptation. It's probably mostly due to the fact that they all have a set schedule that you can actually see them go through firsthand in the game and it makes you wonder what they do during the day when you're not following them.

Not to take anything away from the Stars of Destiny, but I found the denizens living in and around Radiata to be much more interesting/memorable.

Suikoden V Characters:
http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S5

Radiata Stories Characters:
http://radiata.wikia.com/wiki/Characters

Video of all recruitable RS characters with pictures and descriptions to give an idea of what I mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFWmhn5Kkx4

Anyway I didn't mean to derail or anything, just wanted to give input on what game I think deserves an adaptation. It just happened to be similar in the mass character recruitment department, to Suikoden.
removed-userApr 27, 2015 12:18 AM
Apr 27, 2015 12:37 AM
Jan 2015
No. Please no.

Video game adaptations are notorious for being shit when put into non-interactive form.

I'd rather Suikoden be remembered as an obscure JRPG than "Oh, wasn't that some shitty titty anime that released?"

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1314929&show=0#post1
Apr 27, 2015 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
BlueScarf said:
No.

Video game adaptations are notorious for being shit when put into non-interactive form.

There are those rare cases though.
Whenever this subject comes up I usually bring up Utawarerumono.
The anime wasn't amazing, but it was far from bad. Some would say it was actually good.

Apr 27, 2015 12:44 AM
Jan 2015
But it doesn't compare to the video game experience.

And although there are rare cases, the chances of it being "decent" are just... low.

Although anime like Persona 3 was good you would have to also add "Considering it's a video game adaptation" to support the statement as well.
Apr 27, 2015 1:59 AM

Dec 2014
They could have make it like Harry Potter's book and movies. Getting all the main point and most importance the emotions.

I believe a lot of fans wanted to make it but the problem is that they either don't have the skill in animation or they don't have time to make free things.
Apr 27, 2015 1:59 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I'm a big Persona fan and the Persona 3 movies are damn good so far, imo. As for a video game that needs an adaption, Digital Devil Saga would be amazing!

Izanagi777 said:
KingYoshi said:
Well, i can agree with you. The characters recruitment could be a drag or rush as hell. How do you think if they make it into a long run anime? Will it help?

Yeah, that would probably be the only way to do it properly. Good luck for that happening though :P.

aLotQuestion said:
They could have make it like Harry Potter's book and movies. Getting all the main point and most importance the emotions.

I believe a lot of fans wanted to make it but the problem is that they either don't have the skill in animation or they don't have time to make free things.

The problem is, the majority of the game's focus is recruiting the 108 stars of destiny and the sub plots surrounding those stars. It would be hard as hell to make a good adaption of Suikoden, imo. Pretty much because of that alone.
Apr 27, 2015 2:10 AM

Oct 2009
They have been adapted to manga though (adaptation of the video game):
http://myanimelist.net/manga/19271/Gensou_Suikoden_II:_Hiki_Sakareshi_Shukusei
http://myanimelist.net/manga/536/Gensou_Suikoden_III:_Unmei_no_Keishousha
http://myanimelist.net/manga/20109/Gensou_Suikoden_V:_Reimei_no_Shiro

I don't see why not.

Also Miakis is love, Miakis is life.
Fumiko Orikasa goodness.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 27, 2015 2:11 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011

Oh my. Have those been translated I wonder?
Apr 27, 2015 2:15 AM

Dec 2014
1 volume, status finished...

@KingYoshi
It is unlikely the case, as current manga to anime adaptation, they also did missing a lot of things and some anime adaptations are very good.

It is just depend on how you do it.

There is also chinese dramas about 108 star of destiny, though I never see them before. They could learn the way the chinese did.
Apr 27, 2015 2:23 AM

Oct 2009
KingYoshi said:

Oh my. Have those been translated I wonder?

I don't know on the other part of the world, but the III and V is already been licensed here and I instantly bought the whole series, I'm a sucker for this title. I think there must be some on the internet too :D

Also not less interesting manga I'd recommend is Houshin Engi, it is also based on well known Chinese mythology. The most well known and must read would be The Three Kingdoms, Suikoden, Saiyuuki, and Fengshen Yanyi (Hoshin Engi).
azzuReApr 27, 2015 2:28 AM
Apr 27, 2015 2:28 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
azzuRe said:

I don't know on the other part of the world, but the III and V is already been licensed here and I instantly bought the whole series, I'm a sucker for this title. I think there must be some on the internet too :D

Also not less interesting manga I'd recommend is Houshin Engi, it is also based on well known Chinese mythology. The three most well known and must read would be The Three Kingdoms, Suikoden, Saiyuuki, and Fengshen Yanyi (Hoshin Engi).

Thanks, I'll have to check those out at some point.
Apr 27, 2015 2:28 AM

Dec 2014
Houshin Engi's synopsis looks so much different from Chinese's.

Chinese's plot is mortal being (with special power) form an army to help mankind to rebel against their brutal and ruthless emperor that got seduced by evil creature.
Apr 27, 2015 2:34 AM

Oct 2009
aLotQuestion said:
Houshin Engi's synopsis looks so much different from Chinese's.

Chinese's plot is mortal being (with special power) for an army to help mankind to rebel against their brutal and ruthless emperor that got seduced by evil creature.

The Houshin Engi manga by Ryuu Fujisaki is more epic as it is loosely adapted from the original premise, it has a lot of sci-fi mixed with fantasy and quite interesting plot compared to the original. The premise is still the same, a group of demi-gods or saints helping humans from the tyrants, but the other demi-gods of the yokai factions are against it. Thus the main story is about proxy battles like Asgard vs Vanir.

It also has huge cast and recruitment arc like Suikoden, I would also suggest to avoid the anime version since it has been butchered and took an original ending different than the manga.
azzuReApr 27, 2015 2:42 AM
Apr 27, 2015 2:45 AM
May 2009
I would probably only be interested if they did a historical anime out of it, rather than a game adaptation.

Rather just play the game.
Apr 27, 2015 3:00 AM

Oct 2009
shintai88 said:
I would probably only be interested if they did a historical anime out of it, rather than a game adaptation.

The original material Water Margin is not as interesting imo, plus it is not really 'historic' since the original material is a fiction novel. The original story of the 108 stars only ends in one generation and only an isolated incident in one empire, while the Suikoden video game adaptation epoch span more than hundred of years across the whole continent and nations, with the recurring themes of fate and destiny. The 108 stars were trapped in the karma wheel as they were bound by fate to rose when humanity in great peril (similar to the original concept).
Apr 27, 2015 3:05 AM

Dec 2014
azzuRe said:
shintai88 said:

The original material Water Margin is not as interesting imo, plus it is not really 'historic' since the original material is a fiction novel. The original story of the 108 stars only ends in one generation and only an isolated incident in one empire, while the Suikoden video game adaptation epoch span more than hundred of years across the whole continent and nations, with the recurring themes of fate and destiny. The 108 stars were trapped in the karma wheel as they were bound by fate to rose when humanity in great peril (similar to the original concept).

Well, if you compare to chinese, in overall story plot, they are pretty much same.

And what make anime superior is like what you say. They added in other element.
Apr 27, 2015 3:26 AM

Mar 2013
KingYoshi said:

Izanagi777 said:

Long running/in depth anime like galactic heroes won't happen these days.

edit: 1000 post
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Apr 27, 2015 4:24 AM
May 2009
aLotQuestion said:
azzuRe said:

Well, if you compare to chinese, in overall story plot, they are pretty much same.

And what make anime superior is like what you say. They added in other element.

I know what you are both saying, however I would still like to see it set in the period the story was originally set in. Just out of preference, Like with the 3 Kingdom stories.

I watched the Water Margin 2011 TV Series, it was done quite well I actually cried a few times, especially at the end. So I do have my own interest in seeing a Japanese Interpretation of this story.

Be interesting to see if they will focus on one or few characters, or if they will just do a chronology of it.
Apr 27, 2015 4:50 AM

Dec 2014
What?! Why aren't there any sequel, the manga clearly stated to be continued in volume 2!

Oh god, MC in the manga has so much emotions, definitely could be better if there is more!
Apr 27, 2015 5:03 AM

Feb 2015
KingYoshi said:
I'm a big Persona fan and the Persona 3 movies are damn good so far, imo. As for a video game that needs an adaption, Digital Devil Saga would be amazing!

LET ME LOVE YOU OMG

I MEAN, ALL GAMES OF SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI!! SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI NOCTURNE AND DDS 2 ,DAYUM. OR DEVIL SUMMONER <33
Apr 27, 2015 5:07 AM

Apr 2013
Cakedog said:
BlueScarf said:
No.

The anime wasn't amazing, but it was far from bad. Some would say it was actually good.

Touka in Utawareru mono was awesome.
Apr 27, 2015 5:09 AM
May 2009
aLotQuestion said:
What?! Why aren't there any sequel, the manga clearly stated to be continued in volume 2!

Oh god, MC in the manga has so much emotions, definitely could be better if there is more!

Will need to check this out, After I play the Suikoden 1 and 2 on Vita.
Apr 27, 2015 5:11 AM
May 2009
Cakedog said:
BlueScarf said:
No.

One of my favourites, Mainly cause it had elements of strategy in battle, the fight scenes were really good, even though they rehashed them alot later one.

And in general the characters were memorable. Had no idea it was game adaption when I first watched it.
Apr 27, 2015 5:21 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Kokoro said:
KingYoshi said:

LET ME LOVE YOU OMG

I MEAN, ALL GAMES OF SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI!! SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI NOCTURNE AND DDS 2 ,DAYUM. OR DEVIL SUMMONER <33

:)
Apr 27, 2015 9:58 PM

Oct 2013
I've only played Suikoden 3, but the best part of the game is how the story is told. It could be done, but I don't think an anime can capture the essence of that as well as the game did. My thoughts can more or less be transferred into my thoughts for any video game to anime adaptation.

I liked Persona 4 The Animation well enough for example, and the comedy is the one point where I feel it surpasses the original. However, there is so many things in the game to do, so many different characters to interact with and learn who they are, that you can't learn them all on just one playthrough of the game, so getting everything done in an anime that is satisfying is almost impossible unless you want to devote a crazy amount of episodes to it.
Apr 28, 2015 5:57 AM

Dec 2014
furdlemygurdle said:
I liked Persona 4 The Animation well enough for example, and the comedy is the one point where I feel it surpasses the original. However, there is so many things in the game to do, so many different characters to interact with and learn who they are, that you can't learn them all on just one playthrough of the game, so getting everything done in an anime that is satisfying is almost impossible unless you want to devote a crazy amount of episodes to it.

I don't think Persona 4 is much of a comedy anime. There is not really a laughing point for me.

More topics from this board

» Style of watching

Vapor_AU - 12 hours ago

30 by xqXpx »»
4 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7222 by damiJESUS »»
5 minutes ago

» Can someone please help me fine the name of an old anime ( no pics available)

Karimhi - Jun 8

15 by nmarquesantos »»
21 minutes ago

» I can't believe an anime did this....

LenRea - 11 hours ago

15 by Zettaiken »»
51 minutes ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Yesterday

15 by Nirinbo »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.