Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 13, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Niko getting more screentime this episode. Fucking awesome. This episode picked up a bit and I'm glad it did. The song was cute.

Apr 13, 2014 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
Nico x Maki FTW!!! I liked the ending song as well.... I smell some A-Rise next episode...

Now to wait for subs.
Apr 13, 2014 9:26 AM

Nov 2010
LOL Maki still believes in Santa Claus... and everyone trying to shut up Nico from spoiling Maki belief xD.
Apr 13, 2014 9:31 AM
Apr 2014
This episode was great! The song played by Maki on piano was beautiful.

ED song is great, but not as good as I expected.

Can't wait to see A-Rise appearance in the upcoming episode next week!
Apr 13, 2014 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
The new OSTs in this episode are amazing. This is how the µ's sub groups were formed. It's nice that they thought ahead about putting the costume designer, the song writer and the music composer in separate sub-groups so we can have this episode. It's the evidence that they have planned at least 2 seasons of this anime before S1 had aired.

I love everything about this episode just as I like everything about the beach episode in S1. The bgm, the sudden wind gust, and the way each member react to the pleasant air of the forest just give you the feeling that you are right there with them, in Maki's vacation home enjoying the freshness of the mountain.

I know that I will rewatch this episode many times. Love Live is just like an exotic glass of red wine. The sweetness of it lingers after you've watched it.
Apr 13, 2014 10:51 AM
Mar 2014
Man, this episode was so good! Everyone was so cute, especially Maki. xD

I loled at the part where Nico and Rin were running down the hill lmao. And yay! More NicoMaki moments amd Eli being cute.

I really liked the song Maki played on the piano. I can't wait for the first insert song. I also like the ED. It's nice and upbeat. c:

Looking forward to the next ep with A-Rise in it!
PomPomPandaApr 13, 2014 1:39 PM
Apr 13, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
I love Tent Camping field trip episode. special for maki x niko :3
Apr 13, 2014 12:26 PM
Jun 2012
Overslept so was late watching this time.

Animation just keeps getting better and better, same goes to the sound.
Got a better look at the OP this time, and loving it even more.
Maki believing in Santa, so freaking cute!!! >w<
We seriously need some Nozomi info, a true mystery indeed.
That ED,,,Rin and her maracas are back!! Was gonna miss them if they didn't.
Once again, the most important part to end my comment: Yay for all the great NicoMaki!!! I thank you with all of my life, Sunrise!! TwT
Apr 13, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2009
ThangLong said:
The new OSTs in this episode are amazing. This is how the µ's sub groups were formed. It's nice that they thought ahead about putting the costume designer, the song writer and the music composer in separate sub-groups so we can have this episode. It's the evidence that they have planned at least 2 seasons of this anime before S1 had aired.

Ah, so that's why the sub-groups are like that. Interesting, and makes sense in a way.

This was a great episode, and Maki shined brightly here, even more so than in the Music START! OVA.
Apr 13, 2014 3:49 PM

Jun 2009
Maki is so cute in this episode she still believes in Santa.
Apr 13, 2014 4:29 PM
Mar 2012
Maki and Nico sharing that potato~ <3
Apr 13, 2014 5:56 PM

Jul 2012
Lol Nico hit her face on a branch running downhill and didn't fall she has mad skills.
Apr 13, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2010
I felt that I learned a bit more about the girls of μ's.
Maki belivies in Santa xD so cute and innocent.
I felt the MakixNico ship was strengthened.
Eri is afraid of the dark, Nozomi knows a lot about plants and stars.
Umi was sure motivated! Conquer the mountains!!

The eyelashes are really pretty, really enjoyed this episode!
Apr 13, 2014 6:57 PM

Jun 2010
Unreleased songs only means new song for A-RISE?!? so happy
Apr 13, 2014 7:07 PM

Sep 2012
tittycakesXD said:
Unreleased songs only means new song for A-RISE?!? so happy
Question is, will we need to wait for the OST like for Private Wars? Or will they put out a separate Arise disc this year???
Apr 13, 2014 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
"You're going to ruin Maki-chan for life" LOL! Maki still believes in Santa so cute :D!

When Eri went inside the tent I was like good job getting out of Maki x Nico moment!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 13, 2014 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
NicoMaki is clearly canon now. That baked potato symbolises their bond <3
So cute I could die. I'm really happy Nico got more screentime as well as all the moments with Maki.
Expected more NicoMaki, got it delivered, I am happy.
Apr 13, 2014 7:33 PM
Apr 13, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2013
NikoxMaki. :D

LOL 'You're going to ruin Maki-chan for life" XD
Can't believe she still believes in Santa. yusocute <3
therandomestguy said:
Lol Nico hit her face on a branch running downhill and didn't fall she has mad skills.
Hahaaha indeed
Apr 13, 2014 8:02 PM

Mar 2014
http://i.imgur.com/HDdODzu.jpg

PLEASE JUST GET MARRIED ALREADY D:<
Apr 13, 2014 9:15 PM

Sep 2011
NICO X MAKI.
LOTS OF IT.
/cue Chitose's nose bleeding

I noticed the whole subgroup division. At the end of the first season, I almost thought they were going to split into the subgroups and debut like that for the second season. Hmm, we'll see.

I also found the Maki - Santa scene really cute and the fact that the ending is sung by the third years only really hits hard in the heart for some reason.

Still, Nico x Maki. I wonder why they've been really heavy on that lately, but I'm not complaining.

Oh, and oh god, I went on a long hiking trip today against my will so I can totally sympathize with Rin.
ShishimaiApr 14, 2014 12:28 AM
Apr 13, 2014 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
Nee-sama said:
Still, Nico x Maki. I wonder why they've been really heavy on that lately, but I'm not complaining.
Obviously the producers understand their fans and are giving them what they want. More Nico x Maki for the next ep hopefully as well.
Apr 13, 2014 9:23 PM

Sep 2011
Nose_Bleed said:
Nee-sama said:
Obviously the producers understand their fans and are giving them what they want. More Nico x Maki for the next ep hopefully as well.

We've got some very considerate producers on our hands.

Of course, they're also fueling my desire to play School Idol Festival, so I guess they're doing their jobs right.
Apr 13, 2014 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. That's whole camp trip was alright.

Maki still believes in Santa, I never expected that.
Apr 13, 2014 11:04 PM

Feb 2014
Maki still believes in Santa and the girls stopped Nico from saying because it's a serious crime.

We get to know more the girls in this episode but I still feel mysterious on the character of Nozomi. Maki shined more in this episode especially when she was playing the piano.

So thats how they where divided into subgroups. I always wonder how they were divided, I guess that explains it.

We gotta thank the producers for giving us more Nico x Maki scenes.

Maki truly is my 'best girl she was cute even while sleeping

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1902889_616461578450057_7361906581606948749_n.jpg
Apr 13, 2014 11:34 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man Maki still believes in Santa, that's cute :D. LOL they all left Honaka at the train, I laughed but felt bad when she got left out. Eli is afraid of the dark huh, another part of her character. Umi is prepared and bossy as always. Damn Maki is that rich, their house is freaking huge. Nico and Rin in the Slump run, damn that was a long run.

Yeah everyone is likable in here, I have no arguments in the characters, their personalities are just perfect.

Basically another build up episode, but feels like the power of teamwork and friendship. Now they are determined to make a new song to be the best.

Apr 13, 2014 11:35 PM

Apr 2013
Give me the musics/songs please!
And Maki is gorgeous in this episode.
Apr 14, 2014 12:04 AM

Sep 2013
Maki still believes in Santa Claus ;)

Lol they all went out through the window instead of the front door :P

Dat chipmunk :3
Apr 14, 2014 12:26 AM

Jan 2014
What's with Nico? It's like she wanted to say something to Maki but they keep on interrupting her.
Apr 14, 2014 12:43 AM

Feb 2014
bekichan said:
What's with Nico? It's like she wanted to say something to Maki but they keep on interrupting her.

She wants to tell Maki that Santa Claus does not exist but the girls stops her because it might hurt Maki's feelings.
Apr 14, 2014 2:23 AM

Apr 2011
OrangeRafi said:
bekichan said:

She wants to tell Maki that Santa Claus does not exist but the girls stops her because it might hurt Maki's feelings.

The girls were right in stopping here. Imagine if she knew....*shrugs*

Anyway, great episode. I had lots of laughs. And smiles and giggles. I lol at Honoka being left behind, Nico and Rin running down the hill, three of the girls had slump, Umi serious about hiking, Eri being afraid of the dark, and finally some sweet Nico x Maki moments.
Apr 14, 2014 3:11 AM

Jul 2012
This was a brilliant episode and I love it to bits <3

The atmosphere...the sounds...the friendship...it was all very heartwarming :D

All those moments got me sailing that Maki x Nico ship to the sunset <3

I wholeheartedly thank the producers and pray for more.
Apr 14, 2014 4:16 AM

Jun 2013
Hehe Maki still believes in Santa Claus ^^ haha squirrel was funny.
Apr 14, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2014
OrangeRafi said:

Thanks. But there was this scene before the santa where Nico looks grumpy after Maki shows off and she's looking to pick a fight. Is she always like this towards Maki?
Apr 14, 2014 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
sigh.. I wonder how I even finished the 1st season. Then again the 1st season was actually interesting from the get go. Did they change the script writer or director or something?

This new season just feel really sloppy. The girls are acting really stupidly and Nico is more annoying than ever, not to mention that one girl who kept adding "nyaa" at the end of every sentence. Was she like that during the 1st season? can't really remember. It seems like they're trying to be as moe as humanly possible yet it's not working somehow.

With the exception of Eri and Nozomi, everyone else sounded like a broken record. For the whole episode I kept thinking that someone should give these girls some lozenge. I feel like dropping this but I've never dropped any 2nd season from a show I've watched before. Oh well.. at least there's Nozomi's boobs.
Apr 14, 2014 4:54 AM

Mar 2011
Maki is pretty much a Tsundere~
So cute.
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Apr 14, 2014 7:07 AM

Aug 2010
This episode made me smile throughout :D

I really love Niko's sense of fashion hehe.

Really loved seeing a bit of each girl's character and personality ^^

Umi's hiking mania XD

Nozomi being a know it all hehe.

Honoka and her sleep inducing aura XD She's sleeping 24/7 XD Even sleeping on the cliff :O XD

Eri being scared of the dark XD

Niko hitting her face in the branches while running down the mountain was so lol

Maki is just so cute :3 Still believing in Santa was the most adorable thing ever <3

And how Niko wanted to destroy her dream XDXD Niko's jealousy of Maki is so much fun XD

NikoxMaki OTP <3<3<3

Loved the piano at the end. I can't wait for the OST already >.<

Also Niko got owned by the squirrel XD

Can't wait for nxt ep. More A-Rise is always nice :D
Apr 14, 2014 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
bekichan said:
OrangeRafi said:

Thanks. But there was this scene before the santa where Nico looks grumpy after Maki shows off and she's looking to pick a fight. Is she always like this towards Maki?
Yes Nico gets jealous easily because she wants to be the best and be recognized as the leader since she's the club president and technically their senpai but no one really sees her like that and so she gets grumpy which is adorable, she's kind if a tsundere i guess. She wants to be noticed mostly. Of course Maki is there to make her feel better <3
Apr 14, 2014 9:04 AM

Aug 2008
aww...Maki still believe in Santa.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 14, 2014 9:35 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
All hail Mr.Squirrel, steals Nico's wrist band two times xD

Nico runs to grab her wrist band earlier in the episode, and she hits her head with a tree branch LOL. Why didn't she just go grab the wrist band instead of holding on to Rin-chan. I mean it wasn't that low to where she needed to hold on to someone, simply walking to her wrist band and beinding down would have worked.

Nico trying to ruin Maki's innocence by saying Santa isn't real xD

Eri-chi is scared of the dark, who would have known she has a weak spot.

HONOKA sleeping on the edge of a cliff O.O
She's lucky she didn't fall.

Apr 14, 2014 9:51 AM

Mar 2014
Okay looks like the girl's are ready for the competition
Apr 14, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2012
SweetKotomi said:
I mean it wasn't that low to where she needed to hold on to someone, simply walking to her wrist band and beinding down would have worked

The slope is actually pretty steep. Looking at the scene, it's about 30 degree angle and walking on it can be dangerous if the surface has low friction. That's why Nico needed Rin's help to extend her reach. That's said, because Nico and Rin are two bakas, they didn't think of using two tree branches to pick it up.

Eri-chi is scared of the dark, who would have known she has a weak spot.

Her other weakness is that she's unable to distinguish real chocolate to fake ones. Her sister Arisa doesn't know the difference between drinks and foods.

HONOKA sleeping on the edge of a cliff O.O
She's lucky she didn't fall.

Honoka has been living her life on the edge. S1 has her singing and dance on the street!
Apr 14, 2014 10:53 AM
Dec 2010
What's up with their portray of Honaka this season? First she doesn't want to join Love Live because she doesn't feel like it, and now she has always been a slacker but I have never recalled her being Kumin.
Apr 14, 2014 11:15 AM

Dec 2012
scytheavatar said:
What's up with their portray of Honaka this season? First she doesn't want to join Love Live because she doesn't feel like it, and now she has always been a slacker but I have never recalled her being Kumin.

Honoka didn't want to participate in Love Live out of concern that she may end up hurting her friends again. Honoka is prone to sleeping, especially after eating as shown in S1.
Apr 14, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
Honoka being left on the bus HAHAHA. That's so like her. Umi and her passion for hiking tho. How she almost made Rin die o-o

Good ep., hopefully the pace picks up next week :)
Apr 14, 2014 3:32 PM

Apr 2012
Love this ep, Nicomaki :)

Umi wants to climb the mountain!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 14, 2014 4:29 PM

Jul 2012
"Aim for it, Love Live Idolmasters!"

Woot! Cute episode this week as well~! x3
So they all went to "training camp" huh? x3

I liked the part where Honoka was sleeping on the cliff, LOL! X3
She's so adorable! x3
Apr 14, 2014 6:41 PM

Oct 2012
Muist say Honoka can sleep just about anywhere
Apr 14, 2014 6:58 PM

Mar 2008
scytheavatar said:
http://i.imgur.com/mvEmQnt.jpg

So much Nico and Maki in this episode, it was great.
Apr 14, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2013
God this season of Love Live is godly.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

190 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 27, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

77 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 20, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

143 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

136 by pompopuri »»
Mar 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

157 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 19, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.