3It was OK
9.6%
2Disliked it
2.1%
1Hated it
2.8%
Average 4.4
1,960 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2022 4:03 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 00:33 JST This thread is now unlocked

Due to the extreme popularity of the show and the fact that for the previous season (and this season), many of the episodes had really early episode threads opened by various users, the episode threads for this show will only be made by mods until further notice.

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here
anime-primeFeb 20, 2022 7:33 AM
Feb 20, 2022 7:33 AM

Feb 2019
A LOT of stills this episode. Also, I don't think Armin's rage was done that well.

Obviously the budget went into the previous episode though, so it's a fair trade off I guess.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 20, 2022 7:34 AM

Jun 2019
The highlight of the episode was Annie's return which was highly awaited. My girl... I missed her. We also got to see her backstory in this episode and her motive. The first half was focused solely on her and then we saw King Floch doing dope things in the second half.

The episode itself wasn't action-oriented but a dialogue-heavy episode. Felt bad for Armin and Mikasa. And, we got a glimpse of Levi at the end which was nice. Cool episode.

Nov 2011
Great to see Annie back and she also somewhat knows the events happening on the outside world. Honestly, seeing more of her past is depressing given the hardship she endured.

A lot of powerful human emotions protrayed this episode. Even Connie realizes what he must face ahead and doesn't back down.

May 2020
Oh Hitch after a long time, and like everyone dealing with the aftermath of Eren’s deeds. But hey good to see even Annie after all these years didn’t lose her edge, still sharp as ever.

Always good to see Lord Floch in the spotlight, he always makes his presence count.

Hange's here finally!!
Feb 20, 2022 7:35 AM

Feb 2021
Another amazing episode! Finally, we get to see more of Annie. Hitch looking hella fine ;D

Waiting for the Armin and Annie interaction lol.

Those yaegerists are still chanting 'Shinzo wo Sasageyo'. The Eldians in Liberio are pissing their pants rn lmao. Floch needs to chill fr. Connie and Falco riding into the sunset, what could go wrong? Also, fan-favourite Levi and Hange are back!!! I need the subs asap.

Feb 20, 2022 7:36 AM

Jan 2009
Annie are you ok are you ok Annie

Floch did nothing wrong?

Falco should just bit his hand and transform right there to blow up Connie lol

and Hange and Levi spotted
Feb 20, 2022 7:37 AM

Jun 2014
Not gonna lie, it feels good to have Annie back in the story after so long. And finally, Hange and Levi are back! Those 2 (especially Levi with the shape he's in) just refuse to die lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 2018
Not so much happened but i like the delivery ngl. I enjoyed listening every single convo of Annie and Hitch. I feel like it's somehow extended? I dont know but i'm sure i liked it.

The highlight for me is to seeing Armin lost his calm and yell to Mikasa, damn the stress is unbearable huh. Also, i love what Floch says to Jean, yeah i feel like with his euphoric yells people will start/continue misunderstood him as fascist killing maniac :)

Sep 2020
Great looking episode
The music selection was rlly good
Also, the new instrumental version of Akuma no Ko was amazing

ZprotuFeb 20, 2022 7:48 AM
Feb 20, 2022 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
King Floch saved the episode from the snoozefest that it was. I don't care whatsoever for Annie's character (contrary to a lot of people apparently) so her reappearing does nothing for me other than reminding me of Petra's death. Yeah the dialogue is somewhat important, no I don't care for it. Episode looked good and was well directed, but I'm still wondering how the rumbling will look without the orange shading and darkened color palette for the colossals.

We didn't get the full ED this week, only an instrumental accompanying Connie and Falco's scene which is a first for MAPPA I think. Good decision since the Hitch and Annie horse ride literally took half the episode.

KneelBeforeMeFeb 20, 2022 10:16 AM
Oct 2016
The visuals were top notch. Everything was so beautiful in the episode like literally everything. Sole Salvation director back for the right episode. The source material was really not that interesting in these few chapters but MAPPA making them way better than SM.

Feb 2020
Very good episode. It was nice to see Annie again.
Feb 20, 2022 7:41 AM
Feb 2018
Okay nvm, i thought i liked Floch's confession about their plan to betray Zeke and he's saying "This is freedom" more than Armin breakdown to Mikasa.
Feb 20, 2022 7:47 AM

Feb 2021
It's interesting how they gave the moment with Floch and Jean a more prominent musical accompaniment than anything with Annie.
That was my favorite part of the episode. Right now the conflict within Jean is more grounded and interesting than anything with Connie, imo.
Feb 20, 2022 7:50 AM

Oct 2020
Perfect adaptation of 125. It's given the attention it needs since the chapters like these are the backbone of AoT's message.
Feb 20, 2022 7:56 AM

Nov 2020
Cool backgrounds this episode,Connie scene with instrumental ed was great, I'll re-watch with subs but for now it seems sole salvation director delivered.

The preview for next episode looks clean https://twitter.com/BlastITA_/status/1495421642557857798
Feb 20, 2022 7:59 AM
Jan 2021
Xilver said:
It's interesting how they gave the moment with Floch and Jean a more prominent musical accompaniment than anything with Annie.
That was my favorite part of the episode. Right now the conflict within Jean is more grounded and interesting than anything with Connie, imo.

Connie has no conflict and there is no reason to validate one. He simply wants to save his mother. Anything else is pretty irrelevant to him. Which makes sense, anyone in his place would have acted the same way. If there is a way to save a family member, one will always be egoistic and do that, regardless of what affect that can have to others.
Feb 20, 2022 8:00 AM

Sep 2020
Unusual_Kmc said:
A LOT of stills this episode. Also, I don't think Armin's rage was done that well.

Obviously the budget went into the previous episode though, so it's a fair trade off I guess.

More like Armin's desperation
I don't think he's the type of person to get angry like that
Feb 20, 2022 8:02 AM

Feb 2021
imbAF said:
Xilver said:

Connie has no conflict and there is no reason to validate one. He simply wants to save his mother. Anything else is pretty irrelevant to him. Which makes sense, anyone in his place would have acted the same way. If there is a way to save a family member, one will always be egoistic and do that, regardless of what affect that can have to others.

He still doesn't want to kill a kid for it, so he is conflicted even though he already made his decision, and gets more conflicted more he hears said kid speak, it's not yet done obviously. And i'm not sure about anyone else, some would, some wouldn't.
Feb 20, 2022 8:06 AM
Feb 2018
Pio_neer said:
Cool backgrounds this episode,Connie scene with instrumental ed was great, I'll re-watch with subs but for now it seems sole salvation director delivered.

The preview for next episode looks clean https://twitter.com/BlastITA_/status/1495421642557857798

WHY WOULD THE NOT SO IMPORTANT EP GET THAT JUICY CLEAN VISUALS MAN😔😔
Feb 20, 2022 8:07 AM
Jan 2021
Xilver said:
imbAF said:

He still doesn't want to kill a kid for it, so he is conflicted even though he already made his decision, and gets more conflicted more he hears said kid speak, it's not yet done obviously. And i'm not sure about anyone else, some would, some wouldn't.

At this point in the story(125) Connie showed no remorse or insecurity for what he was going to do. That starts in the campfire,126, and there is really not a lot of time to showcase a prolonged inner conflict. Simply because that's how the situation is right now. Eren is killing people and Connie is coming close to the location where his mother is.
Feb 20, 2022 8:07 AM

Sep 2020
rach1m4n said:
Pio_neer said:

Well every AOT episode is important
Also can't complain tbh
Feb 20, 2022 8:08 AM

Apr 2020
Not gonna lie, Floch is pretty based. The pace is so unbelievably slow, I think it's the slowest yet for AoT. Still don't get what is the reason for Annie to return besides love interest for Armin. She was heavily underdeveloped in S1 and bringing her back for some exposition about her past 3 seasons later doesn't really change much, one of the weakest characters in AoT, considering she's a shifter. First time when an AoT episode felt way too stretched out for me, they couldn't even fit the ED in, and this is supposed to be adapting only ONE chapter. If they keep this up, AotS4P2 second half might end up the weakest AoT has ever been. And honestly, final season has covered the main cast in too much plot armor nowadays, like seriously, why is Levi even alive? In S2 all it took was for him to hurt his leg slightly to no longer be able to fight, and now you're telling me that he'll somehow contribute to the plot/fight while being a fucking cripple? There is literally no reason for Levi to not be dead right now, his popularity is the only thing keeping him alive, such a shame.
Feb 20, 2022 8:08 AM
Oct 2021
Well It's great really great adaptation but damn 125 and,126 really 7/10 Chapter
Feb 20, 2022 8:13 AM

Oct 2020
Lol at people complaining that the chapters they dislike are getting a great adaptation. LOL
Feb 20, 2022 8:14 AM
Feb 2022
jaunis said:
Not gonna lie, Floch is pretty based. The pace is so unbelievably slow, I think it's the slowest yet for AoT. Still don't get what is the reason for Annie to return besides love interest for Armin. She was heavily underdeveloped in S1 and bringing her back for some exposition about her past 3 seasons later doesn't really change much, one of the weakest characters in AoT, considering she's a shifter. First time when an AoT episode felt way too stretched out for me, they couldn't even fit the ED in, and this is supposed to be adapting only ONE chapter. If they keep this up, AotS4P2 second half might end up the weakest AoT has ever been. And honestly, final season has covered the main cast in too much plot armor nowadays, like seriously, why is Levi even alive? In S2 all it took was for him to hurt his leg slightly to no longer be able to fight, and now you're telling me that he'll somehow contribute to the plot/fight while being a fucking cripple? There is literally no reason for Levi to not be dead right now, his popularity is the only thing keeping him alive, such a shame.
Not true. Levi's survival is the crux of his characterisation as humanity's strongest soldier, a victor who is doomed to pyrrhic victories. Narratively speaking, his title was his hamartia, and Isayama literally says this through Hange by calling Levi a bastard who refuses to die. Seeing his comrades killed under his orders or by his hand and then surviving through it all is only befitting someone like Levi.
Feb 20, 2022 8:15 AM

Sep 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Lol at people complaining that the chapters they dislike are getting a great adaptation. LOL

these guys don't deserve such a good adaptation fr
Feb 20, 2022 8:16 AM
Feb 2018
I_Am_Freeballing said:

LMAO ngl i just wish that looking clean visuals are on 128-129 instead, MAPPA tends to do the opposite sometimes, but i think that's not really a case in P2 because so far it look good consistently. But still tho :)))
Feb 20, 2022 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Morelike complaining that Annie's backstory got a better adaptation than Reiner's who's an infinitely more important character.

MAPPA can't save the narrative of next week's episode.
Feb 20, 2022 8:22 AM
Jan 2021
jaunis said:

Fellow manga reader I see. Let me pretend you are an anime only for the moment. Annie came back because she was stuck in her hardening since season 1. More then Isayama bringing her back because of reasons, she came back because of conditionality of the situation.
Feb 20, 2022 8:23 AM
Jan 2021
Requiemofthewind said:
Well It's great really great adaptation but damn 125 and,126 really 7/10 Chapter

How exactly is 125 a bad chapter lmao? Like what is bad about it
Feb 20, 2022 8:25 AM
Aug 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
King Floch saved the episode from the snoozefest that it was. I don't care whatsoever for Annie's character (contrary to a lot of people apparently) so her reappearing does nothing for me other than reminding me of Petra's death. Yeah the dialogue is somewhat important, no I don't care for it.

We didn't get the full ED this week, only an instrumental accompanying Connie and Falco's scene which is a first for MAPPA I think. Good decision since the Hitch and Annie horse ride literally took half the episode.

which cringe moments are you talking about i don't remember can you tell me
Jan 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Morelike complaining that Annie's backstory got a better adaptation than Reiner's who's an infinitely more important character.

So because Reiner's adaption,was not as good as this (debatable, since Reiners backstory had more stuff to put in the anime), they should also have done a bad adaption of Annie's backstory? The fuck kind of logic is this ?

Oct 2020
rach1m4n said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

LMAO ngl i just wish that looking clean visuals are on 128-129 instead, MAPPA tends to do the opposite sometimes, but i think that's not really a case in P2 because so far it look good consistently. But still tho :)))

We still don't know how 128 and 129 will look. They might look great too!

KneelBeforeMe said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Reiner's backstory could have been better but I'm not gonna complain they nailed Annie's. Disagree on the next episode. The 'cringe' moments were meant to be that way.
Feb 20, 2022 8:30 AM
Aug 2021
jaunis said:
feels like you are an anime only so just wait. If you are afraid that levi will have a big role even after such injury than be happy he won't
sarthak_dmsFeb 20, 2022 8:37 AM
Feb 20, 2022 8:30 AM

Sep 2016
imbAF said:
Requiemofthewind said:

How is 7/10 bad? Are you built different 💪💪💪?
Feb 20, 2022 8:34 AM
Aug 2021
KneelBeforeMe said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

people really can't digest how mappa adapted it so wonderfully and complaining why Annie's story got better adaptation than reiner. lol😂😂
Feb 20, 2022 8:35 AM

Nov 2020
rach1m4n said:
Pio_neer said:

Well,I like the next chap as well, so I'm happy :)
Feb 20, 2022 8:37 AM
Jan 2021
Taltibalti said:
imbAF said:

but 125 ep was an 8/10
I think 126 can also be an 8/10 next week
Feb 20, 2022 8:39 AM
May 2016
KneelBeforeMe said:
King Floch saved the episode from the snoozefest that it was. I don't care whatsoever for Annie's character (contrary to a lot of people apparently) so her reappearing does nothing for me other than reminding me of Petra's death. Yeah the dialogue is somewhat important, no I don't care for it.

I'll give you the pie scene but if you're referring to the end of the chapter and still miss the obvious contrast of that panel being framed from Reiner's perspective throwing back to when he first joined the scouts you're a moron. "Muh cringevengers", get over the fact that your much more shallow fanfic end of the story didn't happen, manga readers for this series are still so uppity and proud to flex they never got this series in the first place, its hilarious how big of a clown you guys are.
Feb 20, 2022 8:39 AM
Aug 2021
rach1m4n said:
Pio_neer said:

are you actually sad or glad that it looks clean🤔
Feb 20, 2022 8:42 AM

Apr 2013
Modernoir said:
KneelBeforeMe said:

I'll give you the pie scene but if you're referring to the end of the chapter and still miss the obvious contrast of that panel being framed from Reiner's perspective throwing back to when he first joined the scouts you're a moron. "Muh cringevengers", get over the fact that your much more shallow fanfic end of the story didn't happen, manga readers for this series are still so uppity and proud to flex they never got this series in the first place, its hilarious how big of a clown you guys are.
I'm sorry, who are you?
Feb 20, 2022 8:46 AM
May 2016
KneelBeforeMe said:
Modernoir said:

I'm sorry, who are you?

An enjoyer of the peak show of this season, looking forward to seeing the disappointment you'll feel next week when no one reacts the way you expect them to towards those "cringe moments", brother.
Feb 20, 2022 8:50 AM

Oct 2020
Taltibalti said:
imbAF said:

7/10 is bad for AOT if we're being real.
Feb 20, 2022 8:53 AM

Apr 2013
Modernoir said:
KneelBeforeMe said:
I'm sorry, who are you?

An enjoyer of the peak show of this season, looking forward to seeing the disappointment you'll feel next week when no one reacts the way you expect them to towards those "cringe moments", brother.
See your first mistake was thinking I care or am affected by what you or others think & say about aot. Your second mistake was regurgitating the same tired line of not understanding the ending, and also bringing up a fanfic I don't care for. "Brother", no need to wait a week to cringe, you took care of it.
Feb 20, 2022 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
It's kind of funny that even after all these years a 7 is still a bad score by MAL standards.
Feb 20, 2022 9:04 AM

Oct 2021
Nice to see Annie again, Great Episode as always...
Feb 20, 2022 9:07 AM

Oct 2020
Praland said:
It's kind of funny that even after all these years a 7 is still a bad score by MAL standards.

Looking at all the scores objectively, it shouldn't be. But the reality is that people, in general, will look at a score of 7 as a bad score. I don't think this is a MAL thing. This is an everywhere thing. Standards are set way too high for a 7 to be looked at anything but average.
Feb 20, 2022 9:13 AM

Apr 2018
Finally got to see Annie again and the ultimate duo Levi and Hange are back. But, Levi looks fucked up so who knows what's going to happen.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Yesterday, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.