Rayden the God of thunder and elder Gods
2.2%
Other
48.4%
91 votes
May 13, 2014 8:14 AM

Mar 2014
Do you believe in Gods?

if you do believe in gods which ones do you believe the most?

do you think they are fair to you? do you feel like you have the destiny you deserved or you sometimes think you deserved better but gods never gave you one? do you blame the gods if you fail? if so which gods do you blame the most?

tell me your thoughts, opinions and answers .

Mod Edit: Poll edited to reflect appropriate terminology. Opening post edited to remove unnecessary pleading.
Further edit: Changes to poll as suggested by practitioners of one of the faiths.
rodacMay 13, 2014 8:59 PM
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 13, 2014 8:18 AM
Jan 2014
I believe in science, the power of logic, myself, the people I trust, physic, and many other things.
I dont believe in gods.

The choices in the poll are more than weird, btw....
May 13, 2014 8:20 AM

Mar 2014
I have no god to believe in, and none are worthy of my affection. All I have is myself. That's the only thing I can believe in that is real. Until I die, then I won't be real. Therefore nothing is real to me.
May 13, 2014 8:23 AM
Jan 2014
LadyRenly said:
I have no god to believe in, and none are worthy of my affection. All I have is myself. That's the only thing I can believe in that is real. Until I die, then I won't be real. Therefore nothing is real to me.

how exactly did you arrive at the conclusion that nothing is real? I think I missed the point where you draw the logical connection between "I dont believe in gods" and "therefore nothing is real to me".
May 13, 2014 8:25 AM
Mar 2013
I don't believe in anything

believing in science is stupid in my opinion because there's a reason it's called the theory of evolution
May 13, 2014 8:31 AM
Jan 2014
JD2411 said:

believing in science is stupid in my opinion because there's a reason it's called the theory of evolution
you did not make that point.
dont make me change the opinion I have of you.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
HeddieMay 13, 2014 12:31 PM
May 13, 2014 8:35 AM

Mar 2014
cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:

how exactly did you arrive at the conclusion that nothing is real? I think I missed the point where you draw the logical connection between "I dont believe in gods" and "therefore nothing is real to me".

Something can't be real if it doesn't exist
May 13, 2014 8:35 AM
Jan 2014
LadyRenly said:
cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:

nothing exists?
May 13, 2014 8:36 AM

Apr 2012
It's called a theory but evolution is a fact and theory, because science does not deal in absolutes as in it's confirmed to a really high degree.
cabacc2 said:
nothing exists?

Solipsism.

Or maybe not Solipsism as everything outside your mind is unsure not "non-existent".

Mod edit: Removed response to deleted post.
HeddieMay 13, 2014 12:33 PM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 13, 2014 8:36 AM

Mar 2014
cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:
cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:

nothing exists?

Nothing is the lack of existence, therefore it can't exist.
May 13, 2014 8:38 AM
Jan 2014
LadyRenly said:
cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:
cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:

nothing exists?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
seriously, I still dont know if you were seriously with "nothing is real to me".
May 13, 2014 8:39 AM

Jun 2008
I thought that many of you here in a place like MAL will share my religion but i see you are all non-believers or disgusting heretics. SHAME ON YOU!
Repent and see the light. There in only one true religion. The religion of polytheism of unnumbered anime/manga goddesses. The one true sexy religion. I worship my goddesses every day and night.
May 13, 2014 8:44 AM
Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:

cabacc2 said:
nothing exists?

Solipsism.

Or maybe not Solipsism as everything outside your mind is unsure not "non-existent".
I know the word, but putting a label on it doesnt make the idea less absurd and incomprehensible for me.

also, the poll needs more Talos.
May 13, 2014 8:46 AM

Apr 2012
I don't see why it's absurd. The idea that nothing exists is a possibility, albeit impossible to prove just like its existence.

EDIT: God.

Autocrat said:
May 13, 2014 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:
cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:
cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:

nothing exists?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
seriously, I still dont know if you were seriously with "nothing is real to me".

If I don't exist, then I'm in my own bubble of nonexistence. Perhaps life will continue after my nonexistence, but from my perspective, nothing is real, and nothing exists. And perception is everything.
May 13, 2014 8:52 AM
Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:
I don't see why it's absurd. The idea that nothing exists is a possibility, albeit impossible to prove just like its existence.
which makes it ridiculous to believe it, since we experience it as existing.
We can interact with everything around us (at least our mind makes us think that), so its irrational to believe the opposite, just because "you cant prove it 100%".

The idea isnt absurd, its in fact a possibility.
Its absurd to believe it, for the reasons I stated.

LadyRenly said:

If I don't exist, then I'm in my own bubble of nonexistence. Perhaps life will continue after my nonexistence, but from my perspective, nothing is real, and nothing exists. And perception is everything.
you just repeated yourself and explained nothing to me.
May 13, 2014 9:02 AM

Nov 2012
I believe in Immahnoob.

cabacc2 said:
LadyRenly said:

you just repeated yourself and explained nothing to me.
I think she's saying people die when they... die. Life may continue after you die however, since you'll have no perception anymore (dead) nothing will exist in your perspective due to having no perspective anymore in the first place.
May 13, 2014 9:04 AM

Mar 2014
you guys dont believe in gods you believe in science but do you really believe universe is so simple and everything just works by itself automatically or even random. if it so we would never exist as we are the shining example of what universe is able to create and it cant be explained by simple formula. we are the miracles by ourselves. we not just exist we are given everything neccesary to survive. oxygen, water, sun. if you believe theres no forces that probably surpas us that control such a great structure as universe which is NOT chaotic then you are blind!

if we (a life) would somehow even apear in chaotic uncontrolable space we wouldn't be able to last so long.
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
May 13, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2012
cabacc2 said:
Immahnoob said:
We can interact with everything around us (at least our mind makes us think that), so its irrational to believe the opposite, just because "you cant prove it 100%".

It can all be an illusion. What do you know?

But if it's all an illusion, it can also be reality unless outside the illusion there is existence.

In my opinion, it's less absurd than believing in a god.

Autocrat said:
May 13, 2014 9:13 AM

Jan 2012
I believes in god he is the Creator of everything. He is the guardian over everything. Unto Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth.

“ God is more loving and kind than a mother to her dear child”.

He is God, the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone”.

Notice : "Allah is the Arabic word for God"

God says in Quran that He did not create all of this for any foolish purpose. He tells us that He created us for the purpose of worshiping Him, Alone and without any partners.

May 13, 2014 9:17 AM
Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:
cabacc2 said:
Immahnoob said:

It can all be an illusion. What do you know?

But if it's all an illusion, it can also be reality unless outside the illusion there is existence.

In my opinion, it's less absurd than believing in a god.
I agree, but that still doesnt explain how Renly arrived at that conclusion.
It would be the best option to believe neither and just accept what you percieve (which is what I do).
I dont care if its actually an illusion or reality, its my subjective reality. Period.
There is no point in believing that it is or isnt real.

there is nothing more absurd than believing in insivisble friends, that goes for everything.
May 13, 2014 9:18 AM
Mar 2014
AnimeKazegake said:
I believes in god he is the Creator of everything. He is the guardian over everything. Unto Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth.

“ God is more loving and kind than a mother to her dear child”.

He is God, the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone”.

Notice : "Allah is the Arabic word for God"

God says in Quran that He did not create all of this for any foolish purpose. He tells us that He created us for the purpose of worshiping Him, Alone and without any partners.

Wait.

Are you being sarcastic?
May 13, 2014 9:22 AM

Apr 2012
Well, that's your subjective point of view, I would have said it's fine if you claimed that you don't know about it being reality or illusion, but that's not how Renly sees things, she might think that what she perceives is not real. Why is it that it's the best option anyway? Because you say so?

Nothing has a point objectively, cabacc. We make our reasons.

Autocrat said:
May 13, 2014 9:25 AM

Jan 2011
Yes as a believer yes. Humans must believe in something greater than them. I'm Christian but i like some other european mythologies like Greek, Celtic and Norse. I can't tell if i really believe in polytheistic religions maybe it's just a passion. Anyway, i just voted Greek which are the same for Romans.

But why no Him.
DeathNyxMay 13, 2014 9:52 AM
May 13, 2014 9:27 AM
Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:
Well, that's your subjective point of view, I would have said it's fine if you claimed that you don't know about it being reality or illusion, but that's not how Renly sees things, she might think that what she perceives is not real. Why is it that it's the best option anyway? Because you say so?

there is no best option.
there are logical and illogical options.
May 13, 2014 9:30 AM

Apr 2012
cabacc2 said:
Immahnoob said:

there is no best option.

So why is it more logical to believe that this world exists? What proof do you have of that?

As I said, what you perceive is different from what another perceives, you're committing the mind projection fallacy.

Autocrat said:
May 13, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
I believe in a creator but no particular religious beliefs. Something helped everything get started and abandoned us is my belief.
May 13, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
I believe Jesus to be my Lord and savior.

In my opinion, accepting science as the one andonly origin of humanity is too, simple. What "caused" scienceto happen? Doesscience really exsist on it's own with nothing, driving it? No greater power, no "Director' of it?

Youcan argue a similar argument for God, but atleasgt God isn't mndless and lacking a concious, unlike science.

That probably sounded mush stupider thaan intended, hopefully someeone understands this andcan clarify if someone needs it.If you havequesdtions, feel freeto ask and I'll do my best to answer though.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 13, 2014 10:47 AM
Jul 2011
I don't believe in any gods. I came to the conclusion that the idea of a creator is an explanation that explains nothing (no evidence, no predictive power, no addition to knowledge).
Anyway, Nyako is open for questions, so ynot.

StardustNyako said:
In my opinion, accepting science as the one andonly origin of humanity is too, simple. What "caused" scienceto happen?
Youcan argue a similar argument for God, but atleasgt God isn't mndless and lacking a concious, unlike science.

Zeus isn't mindless, or lacking a consciousness. Same for Durga, Aramzd, and Yahweh.
The thing is: do we have objective reasons to believe in any of them? We could discuss the mind of Dizang all day, but if Dizang doesn't exist, then we're only fooling ourselves.

StardustNyako said:
Doesscience really exsist on it's own with nothing, driving it? No greater power, no "Director' of it?

Scientific explanations don't require a 'Director', so there's no need to posit one; unless you want to answer the great gap of science: "what caused everything?". But without a proper definition of god or its 'creation' mechanism, our answers are the same: "I don't know".

I mean, when you think about it, "a entity that I can't define, created everything through a process that I know nothing about" is pretty much the same as "I don't know", except wrapped in some divine mystery that explains nothing.

JD2411 said:

Loftyz47May 13, 2014 11:34 AM
May 13, 2014 10:54 AM
Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:
cabacc2 said:
Immahnoob said:

there is no best option.

So why is it more logical to believe that this world exists? What proof do you have of that?

As I said, what you perceive is different from what another perceives, you're committing the mind projection fallacy.
Its not logical to assume that this world exists and I stated that before.
May 13, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
> ''Allah and others''

What others? Islam is founded on worshiping one and only God. A.K.A Monotheism.
May 13, 2014 10:58 AM

Jan 2012
tsudecimo said:
> ''Allah and others''

I already said that to him but he didnt change it lol

May 13, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
I'm pretty interested in religions, but I don't associate myself with any of them nor do I think that any of the gods are real.
May 13, 2014 10:59 AM

Apr 2012
cabacc2 said:
Immahnoob said:
cabacc2 said:
Immahnoob said:

there is no best option.

You're stumbling upon your own words and contradicting yourself constantly, "It's best..." then you're saying "there's no best, only logical or illogical.", then you are bothered by how Renly got to that conclusion like it matters, but then again, you claim it doesn't matter but you still pursue it.

Okay.

Autocrat said:
May 13, 2014 11:00 AM
Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:
> ''Allah and others''

i think he didn't make a proper research by the looks of the poll
May 13, 2014 11:00 AM

Jun 2012
I'm an atheist so no, i don't believe in any god or religion.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
May 13, 2014 11:34 AM
Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:
cabacc2 said:
Immahnoob said:
cabacc2 said:
Immahnoob said:

there is no best option.

You're stumbling upon your own words and contradicting yourself constantly, "It's best..." then you're saying "there's no best, only logical or illogical.", then you are bothered by how Renly got to that conclusion like it matters, but then again, you claim it doesn't matter but you still pursue it.

Okay.
With best I meant logical. Its just that you are nitpicking and I have to correct myself with choosing more specific words.

So, for you now: Good and Bad are subjecive, I stated that like 10 times in this forum already. I meant logical. And I'm pretty sure you are aware of that.

Renly came to the conclusion that its "good" to assume that nothing is real. I've said that this isnt the logical assumption and that it would be most logical to not make an assumption at all (said that in #34), and just embrace what you percieve.
May 13, 2014 11:42 AM
Mar 2014
cabacc2 said:
Renly came to the conclusion that its "good" to assume that nothing is real. I've said that this isnt the logical assumption and that it would be most logical to not make an assumption at all (said that in #34), and just embrace what you percieve.

Hmmmm - ignoring the fact that you're senses work selectively in its perception of the world around you and "assumes" the majority through past experiences which is very often misleading.
May 13, 2014 11:43 AM
Jan 2014
StardustNyako said:

In my opinion, accepting science as the one andonly origin of humanity is too, simple. What "caused" scienceto happen? Doesscience really exsist on it's own with nothing, driving it? No greater power, no "Director' of it?

That probably sounded mush stupider thaan intended, hopefully someeone understands this andcan clarify if someone needs it.If you havequesdtions, feel freeto ask and I'll do my best to answer though.
yeeaaaah...

I dont know how you came to the conclusion that science claims to be "the origin" of humanity. I think you haven't quite understood what science is, which basically kills every sentence you say after that.

And you debunked your own argument. And after that you failed to make an argument to compensate for that.

so, no.. I dont really have questions.

BritishBeans said:
cabacc2 said:

Hmmmm - ignoring the fact that you're senses work selectively in its perception of the world around you and "assumes" the majority through past experiences which is very often misleading.
how did I ignore that? When I said "embrace", it was more in a "thats what I percieved, and now its up to me to make something with it"-way, contrary to the "thats what I percieved, but who cares its not real anyways"-way
May 13, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
cabacc2 said:
I've said that this isnt the logical assumption and that it would be most logical to not make an assumption at all (said that in #34), and just embrace what you percieve.

But that's where you fucking stumble on your words, medamn it. You claim that she should embrace what you perceive, yet she perceives this as unreal.

There your point falls over because you claim it's most logical to not make an assumption, yet you tell her to make one because you also make one.

Autocrat said:
May 13, 2014 12:08 PM

Dec 2012
Thread Reopened.

Mod Note: Removed spam/derail/self modding/baiting posts. Please keep on topic and avoid abusive comments as this is a very delicate subject.
HeddieMay 13, 2014 12:56 PM
May 13, 2014 12:57 PM
Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:
cabacc2 said:
I've said that this isnt the logical assumption and that it would be most logical to not make an assumption at all (said that in #34), and just embrace what you percieve.

But that's where you fucking stumble on your words, medamn it. You claim that she should embrace what you perceive, yet she perceives this as unreal.

There your point falls over because you claim it's most logical to not make an assumption, yet you tell her to make one because you also make one.
._.
now its not #34 anymore. Whatever.

I dont make an assumption, I said that multiple times now. I dont assume that its real (which would match my perception) and I dont assume the opposite.
May 13, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
Y'all mother-fuckers need to praise the sun.
May 13, 2014 1:14 PM
Jan 2014
No, I don't believe there is any God whatsoever, I believe in Science. Until there is proof that god exists I'll keep thinking that he doesn't.
May 13, 2014 1:18 PM
Feb 2014
since when the prophets have become gods???
May 13, 2014 1:21 PM
Jan 2014
bash107 said:
I've heard that Jesus is a prophet but also a god and he is also his father and he is IN you this moment.
May 13, 2014 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
Science is interesting
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
May 13, 2014 1:22 PM

Feb 2014
Science is my god
Zero Suit Samus/ Meta Knight
M2k
DBZ
May 13, 2014 1:23 PM
Feb 2014
cabacc2 said:
bash107 said:
I've heard that Jesus is a prophet but also a god and he is also his father and he is IN you this moment.

i'm a Muslim btw :)
May 13, 2014 1:29 PM
Jan 2014
bash107 said:
cabacc2 said:
bash107 said:

i'm a Muslim btw :)
I know. But you asked since when prophets have become gods and I gave you the answer you desired. Jesus became a god and he's also his dad and he is in all of us and everywhere. And his dad is also Jesus. Because.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

40 by ryan77999 »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Which of these 6 things matters most to you?

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

3 by Nette »»
21 minutes ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

64 by Daconator »»
1 hour ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - May 2

44 by Cielord »»
3 hours ago

» Why don't you have a cat/dog?

tsukareru - Yesterday

19 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.