Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2014 4:23 PM

Jun 2013
Defenitally not the greatest episode but its still a decent episode, expected a bit better but im sure next week will be great again! still loving sayu and miuna now, hikari still favorite character though ^^ :)
Jan 30, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2010
himeki-hiradaira said:
Kinaro said:
Is anyone else hating Miuna more and more each episode?

´
this

Yes yes yes yes. Yes. And liking all the other characters alot more! Sayu especially.
Jan 30, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
I know some people don't like Miuna very much but…

I LOVE HOW THESE EPISODES LIKE CENTER AROUND HER. MY FAVORITE CHARACTER. Anyways… this episode didn't focus too much on Kaname, considering Hikari got like a full 25 min of development.. That meeting with Sayu though.. SAYUxKANAME. YES.

Miuna has like 50% Ena now. YES. Ok. Just. YES. Miuna also had that little monologue thing about how she's not going to change. I found that really cute and admirable cause most characters are just like.. Let's change come on everyone should change. Like no, just no. Hikari and Kaname bonded through guy talk too! XD

Still waiting for Manaka to come back though… I swear to god if she doesn't come back my rating on this anime WILL plummet. Miuna's my favorite character also but I can't decide… HikarixMiuna or HikarixManaka… ARGHH SO MANY SHIPS. SayuxKaname and ChisakixTsumugu is already done and done for me.

And daaaaamn. Sayama got hot. "I'm Sayama from Saya Mart." Those lols.
Jan 30, 2014 5:03 PM

Mar 2009
FenixDragon43 said:
himeki-hiradaira said:
Kinaro said:

´
this

Yes yes yes yes. Yes. And liking all the other characters alot more! Sayu especially.

*raises hand*
Argh, I can't see Miuna with Hikari, absolutely not. I mean, I don't hate Miuna or anything but she's too persistent... Hikari's love for Manaka isn't something so simple and Miuna loves the Hikari THAT loves Manaka. He wouldn't be the same without his care about our slow Manaka. Seriously.

This anime makes me love it every episode, but I hope that Hikari x Miuna won't happen, sorry but it's too strange to see them as a couple. Poor Kaname and Tsumugu... I hope Chisaki will make at least one of them happy! XD

Oh, and Sayu and Kaname reencounter (?) was so cute <3
(Sorry about my English and the long comment n-n)
ミ☆ 消える。

Jan 30, 2014 5:33 PM
Jan 2014
The show keeps talking about changes but I don't see any major change. Luckily we still have 9 episodes left. Maybe they're building up to that change and I'm too impatient >.>
Jan 30, 2014 5:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
bbmello said:
bbmello said:
anyone have any idea where i can find a link to the soundtrack used when kaname and chisaki are walking and talking after sayu runs away?

the guitar is so relaxing

please guys i need to knowwwwwwww

The OST isn't out yet :/
Jan 30, 2014 5:43 PM

Oct 2010
Here's something I don't get: Why do people hate on Miuna for getting in the way of Hikari/Manaka, but they don't hate Tsumugu for getting in the way of Kaname/Chisaki? Or hate Kaname for getting in the way of Tsumugu/Chisaki? Instead they promote the Kaname/Chisaki/Tsumugu drama, but hate on the Miuna/Hikari/Manaka drama.

Honest question, cuz I really don't get it. Why is Kaname's persistence considered cute, but Miuna's persistence is considered annoying?
Jan 30, 2014 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
Meh this continuing unrequited love by Miuna is sort of getting boring. Feeling like this amount of effort she's putting in will be all for naught so focusing on it so much makes it feel like a waste of time. Sayu is ok. But the pairings have gotten bigger and a bit more complicated. But nothing that can't be handled
Jan 30, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2011
The drama was pretty weak this episode
I guessed they are saving the Kaname/Tsumugu <3 Chisaki <3 Hikari drama later
But at least it gives me an idea that chisaki is not in love(or she still harbor some feeling for hikari) w/ anyone right now

And what!?!?! manaka didn't confess to hikari before crashing? That sucks(so what the hell did she said to Hikari at that time!!!)

And wow Hikari so manly

Jan 30, 2014 6:03 PM

Jul 2012
Man I am getting really pumped.

They have to find the village and not get blown by the current to the surface.

Great episode!!!
Jan 30, 2014 6:03 PM

Dec 2008
Kaname was really calm about waking up 5 years later. Either he's been through this before, or is faking that everything is fine. Perhaps, there's more to Kaname than we know. Hmmm...

Tsumugu and Chikage move around in the kitchen like a married couple. Kaname seemed to be bothered by that.

I think Manaka is making that sound. It may be her way of calling for help.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 30, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2013
Kaname, why are you so smooth?
"It doesn't matter. I like older women." - - without even flinching or hesitating. *squeaaaal*

Slow episode. This only means we're in for a storm (hopefully not a shitstorm) next week.
- - - - -

Madara31 said:
Here's something I don't get: Why do people hate on Miuna for getting in the way of Hikari/Manaka, but they don't hate Tsumugu for getting in the way of Kaname/Chisaki? Or hate Kaname for getting in the way of Tsumugu/Chisaki? Instead they promote the Kaname/Chisaki/Tsumugu drama, but hate on the Miuna/Hikari/Manaka drama.

Honest question, cuz I really don't get it. Why is Kaname's persistence considered cute, but Miuna's persistence is considered annoying?

Everyone's been hating on Tsumugu for getting in the way of Kaname x Chisaki since the early episodes. Heck he's been hated since he got in the way of Hikari x Manaka. But I think it's probably because there's more Chisaki hate (I think she's just misunderstood), and people have just given up on her lol.

Honestly, I think people are just now realizing they like Manaka and that's probably where all this Miuna hate is coming from :p Absence really makes the heart grow fonder.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 30, 2014 6:34 PM

Oct 2010
xchee said:
Madara31 said:

Everyone's been hating on Tsumugu for getting in the way of Kaname x Chisaki since the early episodes. Heck he's been hated since he got in the way of Hikari x Manaka. But I think it's probably because there's more Chisaki hate (I think she's just misunderstood), and people have just given up on her lol.

Honestly, I think people are just now realizing they like Manaka and that's probably where all this Miuna hate is coming from :p Absence really makes the heart grow fonder.
But Chisaki/Tsumugu wasn't really even a proper pairing until like episode 12. And still, why not hate on Kaname for disrupting Tsumugu/Chisaki? I think much of the Chisaki hate has quelled since the time skip so I don't think that should be a factor. Your last point was what I had originally thought but I didn't wanna jump to any conclusions.
Jan 30, 2014 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
A couple of thoughts here:

First, the sea god took Manaka, whether he gives her back or not, and when he gives her back (Akari x Manaka anyone?) is entirely up to him, and may be more a function of what is going on with the climate and the ability of the sea and land people to survive than the shipping wars.

Second, there is a big difference in maturity between a fourteen year old and a twenty-year old, even when the fourteen year old is Kaname. It might be different if he was Chisaki's crush, but remember it was Hikari who she was interested in, and Hikari is still very much a fourteen year old boy.

Third, the discussion between Miuna and Sayu isn't only about their childhood crush on the older boys, it's also about Chisaki and Hikari and their crushes (and even about Kaname as well).

Fourth, Tsumugu is a rock. He was willing to let Chisaki go back to the undersea village as part of the exploration party, but she chose not to (probably because she couldn't handle it if they found Manaka). He has to be one of the most patient people alive, living with Chisaki for five years, and still allowing her to discover her own feelings, rather than impose his desires on her. I just hope it doesn't end up for him with a quote like this: "I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy mixed up world. Someday you'll understand that." (from Casablanca)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 30, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, all these comments here make me realize that this anime is going to have very mixed reactions when someone finally hooks up with another person.
Jan 30, 2014 7:16 PM

Oct 2008
Madara31 said:

Some people do dislike Tsumugu though, some people call Kaname two-faced and lots of people dislike Chisaki's indecision and the list goes on.
As for me, I do not raise the biggest flag for Hikari/Manaka ship, I do admit that I like Manaka though, and since Hikari is my favorite character, I like how she made him grow. My problem with Miuna is the sudden raise of screentime, taking focus of Hikari's thoughts and now becoming exactly like him out of nowhere (which seems like writing convinience so far, for her to end up with Hikari). Maybe I'll get used to it, don't know. Tsumugu is also getting on my nervers a little since he didn't change at all after 5 years, not a single thing. I don't think that matters though since his screentime is very scarce nowadays.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jan 30, 2014 7:17 PM

Jul 2013
at last! Kaname!! I'm hoping for Kaname X Chisaki... I don't hate Sayu but Chisaki is too much for Tsumugu and I hate that guy with a passion.
Jan 30, 2014 7:20 PM
Jan 2014
Madara31 said:

because miuna is a girl?

ppl who hate/find her annoying are mostly girls and people who hates tsumugu are mostly boys.

more rant on miuna is probably because therere a lot of nagiasu fangirls
Jan 30, 2014 7:39 PM

Nov 2010
Like many other people here, I am also hoping for more Chisaki/Tsumugu scenes, they do indeed look like a couple and its really cute!

As for Manaka, I hope she comes back but the way she was slammed onto the ocean-floor seemed very serious. For one reason or another, I feel like she is going to play a major role soon in the future of Shioshishio, perhaps in some sort of relationship with their Sea God.

On a side-note:
Did anyone else feel like that dramatic scene where Kaname runs to Sayuu was from a horror movie? Like the way it was slowly animated and the animating of that scene as well, it really felt like something from a horror movie where something dangerous is approaching her.
Jan 30, 2014 7:42 PM

Oct 2010
bekeru said:
Madara31 said:

Some people do dislike Tsumugu though, some people call Kaname two-faced and lots of people dislike Chisaki's indecision and the list goes on.
As for me, I do not raise the biggest flag for Hikari/Manaka ship, I do admit that I like Manaka though, and since Hikari is my favorite character, I like how she made him grow. My problem with Miuna is the sudden raise of screentime, taking focus of Hikari's thoughts and now becoming exactly like him out of nowhere (which seems like writing convinience so far, for her to end up with Hikari). Maybe I'll get used to it, don't know. Tsumugu is also getting on my nervers a little since he didn't change at all after 5 years, not a single thing. I don't think that matters though since his screentime is very scarce nowadays.
From what I've seen though, at least since the time skip, Miuna as gotten more hate than Kaname, Chisaki and Tsumugu combined. For the last 4 episodes loads of people have said how Miuna has been annoying them more and more. Chisaki's hate was pretty much all before the time skip, Tsumugu's is rather scarce, and Kaname pretty much doesn't get any relative to the others.

Miuna's raise of screen time isn't a fault of her character though, so is hating on her for that justifed? I also don't really see how she has become exactly like Hikari. Other than the fact that they both refuse to give up, there's been no drastic change to her personality. Tsumugu not changing is fair enough, but were people really expecting him to?
Madara31Jan 30, 2014 7:48 PM
Jan 30, 2014 7:59 PM

Oct 2010
kurosai16 said:
Madara31 said:

because miuna is a girl?

ppl who hate/find her annoying are mostly girls and people who hates tsumugu are mostly boys.

If that's true, why would girls hate on Miuna because she's a girl? Same thing for guys and Tsumugu? From what I've seen though, most of Tsumugu's hate is either because he's emotionless, or he's "Mr Perfect". However I've seen Miuna get hated for having too much screen time (Which isn't exactly a fault of hers), for trying to take Manaka's place, and for liking Hikari. I dunno, maybe I've just missed several posts which indicate otherwise, but I don't think I've missed much.

And then there's Kaname, loved by both guys and girls, but one of the reasons he's loved is also a reason Miuna is hated.
Jan 30, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2009
man the scenery in this anime is so beautiful. every time there's a shot of the under sea world, it's just like wow. someone or a group of people really imagined, drew, and colored that. amazing.

that kaname though. 'i love older women anyway'. buddy... she's 5 years older. that's like a 13 year old trying to dat an 18 year old. gross.
Jan 30, 2014 9:05 PM
Jan 2014
Kurogashi said:
man the scenery in this anime is so beautiful. every time there's a shot of the under sea world, it's just like wow. someone or a group of people really imagined, drew, and colored that. amazing.

that kaname though. 'i love older women anyway'. buddy... she's 5 years older. that's like a 13 year old trying to dat an 18 year old. gross.
how about 18 year-old trying to dat 23 year-old or 20 to dat 25

heck i've seen a girl of 9 years gap with this guy... everyone support them and they look so cute together so why not 5
kurosai16Jan 30, 2014 9:20 PM
Jan 30, 2014 9:25 PM
May 2013
my response to miuna having ena - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xflI5gkF8Ns but lets get deeper in the episode .. does that mean people who are half-breeds would be able to acquire their ena if the requirements are met.
Jan 30, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2012
unsafermike2002 said:
my response to miuna having ena - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xflI5gkF8Ns

LOL!
Jan 30, 2014 9:39 PM

Aug 2008
Seeing various opinions on this thread so I decided to express mine too.

Manaka: I found her a bit annoying, but I don't really hate her. But if I can choose, I'd rather have her stay asleep. She has become a Madoka-sort of existence, which is good. And the chance of her coming back is very slim tbh.

Hikari: I think the chance him going with Miuna is not much. The only case that will make him move on is when he learns that Manaka certainly will never come back.

Miuna: I'll be honest and say that she is my preferences and I do want her to end up with Hikari. That being said, I will not tolerate sloppy development. If they want to do Miuna x Hikari, they better make Hikari properly move on. For Miuna, she is understandably persistent. I think she wish for Manaka to come back, but she won't give up either.

For these three; while I can't see Hikari going with another girl without moving on, I also can't see Miuna end up alone. So my best option is that Manaka becomes the Sea God or something of sort, making Hikari move on and go with Miuna. And this is most likely.

Sayu x Kaname: Sayu is obvious, and I like that side of her a lot. Kaname is also cool. He may persist on Chisaki for another while, but I don't think he will end up with her because he is now at grave disadvantages with Hikari and Tsumugu as Chisaki's interests and it will be nearly impossible to comeback. It will be hard for him to move on, but with Sayu perseverance, he might end up finding a new light. I think it is very much likely to happen. Otherwise, they both will end up alone, which will be too miserable.

Chisaki x Tsumugu: Tsumugu is one of the coolest man. He is like a mountain that is not swayed but anything. He will stay himself and won't pressure Chisaki, which means there will no advance from his side, except maybe subtle ones. On the other hand, Chisaki is unpredictable. She is like a sea: calm and natural but indecisive and untouchable. I can't say for sure that she has moved on from romantic feelings towards Hikari and developed ones for Tsumugu, but my intuition does say so. She at least shares some kinds of attachment on both of them. But Hikari will never choose Chisaki, so I believe Chisaki will sooner or later give in to her bonds with Tsumugu and take initiative in their relationships, which will snap Tsumugu out of his stubbornness.
Jan 30, 2014 9:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Madara31 said:
From what I've seen though, at least since the time skip, Miuna as gotten more hate than Kaname, Chisaki and Tsumugu combined. For the last 4 episodes loads of people have said how Miuna has been annoying them more and more. Chisaki's hate was pretty much all before the time skip, Tsumugu's is rather scarce, and Kaname pretty much doesn't get any relative to the others.

Not trying to answer your original question about why Miuna is hated for the same thing Kaname is loved (or something like that), but I just wanted to reply to this :)

Chisaki's hate is not all before the time skip, though yes, it's significantly less than before. There's that "Chisaki a jerk?" thread that was made after the time skip, though most of the people there defended her. Tsumugu seems to be getting more complaints than Chisaki, really, just look at the "Tsumugu Character Development" thread. But of course, it's just the minor vocal people commenting on those threads. I go agree that people complain much less about Kaname than the other two though.

Miuna's raise of screen time isn't a fault of her character though, so is hating on her for that justifed?

No it's not her fault because she's a just a character that is part of Okada Mari's script. People might not like her just because they don't like her as a person or they are annoyed by her. For me, I simply cared about her less after the time skip, I found her more interesting before, and I don't think find it necessary that she should be the new female lead since I would like more development from the original main characters (Tsumugu, Chisaki, Kaname...and Hikari's already got plenty of character development). Of course it's good to develop those who were originally side characters, but I just don't find her as fun to watch, at least not in the last two episodes. But who knows, I could find her more likable later on.
Jan 30, 2014 9:47 PM

Jan 2014
Hello i'm newbie on this web, Good episode But probably manaka is dead and she became sea godess, she's one who woke up hikari and kaname, and she makes that sound for miuna to help hikari to move on sadly.
Jan 30, 2014 9:57 PM

Aug 2013
Kurogashi said:

Are you a guy? If you are, then I find this comment very surprising.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 30, 2014 10:09 PM
Sep 2013
2 competition now eh? You know what to do Kaname...Kill Them. Chisaki is so damn gorgeous, it's probably worth it.

xchee said:
Kurogashi said:

Are you a guy? If you are, then I find this comment very surprising.

It doesn't matter if he's a guy or not but he is very obviously 10 years old. Once you've hit the adult world buddy, a 5 year cap is absolutely nothing. In fact, many married couples, if not most, have gaps larger than that.

Speaking of which, if you are disturb by that, than Hikari's sister marrying Miuna's dad should be been infinitely more disturbing. Married couples with an age gap that big isn't that terribly rare but she did sorta see Miuna's parents as sort of parent figures.

wex89 said:
Hello i'm newbie on this web, Good episode But probably manaka is dead and she became sea godess, she's one who woke up hikari and kaname, and she makes that sound for miuna to help hikari to move on sadly.

The probability that something "special" happened to Manaka is fairly high, given the OP, how the story has been going, and the fact that Miuna is practically the main character now.
MrNTRJan 30, 2014 10:13 PM
Jan 30, 2014 10:15 PM
Jan 2014
Madara31 said:
kurosai16 said:
Madara31 said:

because miuna is a girl?

If that's true, why would girls hate on Miuna because she's a girl? Same thing for guys and Tsumugu? From what I've seen though, most of Tsumugu's hate is either because he's emotionless, or he's "Mr Perfect". However I've seen Miuna get hated for having too much screen time (Which isn't exactly a fault of hers), for trying to take Manaka's place, and for liking Hikari. I dunno, maybe I've just missed several posts which indicate otherwise, but I don't think I've missed much.

And then there's Kaname, loved by both guys and girls, but one of the reasons he's loved is also a reason Miuna is hated.

girls are like that... no real reason are needed. at least from my point of view. im a girl too and i do find her annoying sometimes, because of her persistent towards hikari, taking manaka's spot too much screentime etc etc and because she's an anime character so its easy to hate her. but sometimes i still adore her :/
Jan 30, 2014 10:17 PM

Oct 2010
tingy said:
Madara31 said:
Miuna's raise of screen time isn't a fault of her character though, so is hating on her for that justifed?

No it's not her fault because she's a just a character that is part of Okada Mari's script. People might not like her just because they don't like her as a person or they are annoyed by her. For me, I simply cared about her less after the time skip, I found her more interesting before, and I don't think find it necessary that she should be the new female lead since I would like more development from the original main characters (Tsumugu, Chisaki, Kaname...and Hikari's already got plenty of character development). Of course it's good to develop those who were originally side characters, but I just don't find her as fun to watch, at least not in the last two episodes. But who knows, I could find her more likable later on.
Yeah that makes sense, thanks :)
Jan 30, 2014 10:25 PM

Oct 2010
kurosai16 said:
Madara31 said:
kurosai16 said:

girls are like that... no real reason are needed. at least from my point of view. im a girl too and i do find her annoying sometimes, because of her persistent towards hikari, taking manaka's spot too much screentime etc etc and because she's an anime character so its easy to hate her. but sometimes i still adore her :/
But you don't find Kaname's persistence towards Chisaki annoying? Last question :P
Jan 30, 2014 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, it's confirmed that Miuna has ena now. Not sure how to feel about this one.
That scene with Kaname and Sayu was kinda cute tbh. Looks like she has a chance, but i want to see more Kaname x Chisaki x Tsumugu drama!
Those sceneries.. beautiful as always.
4.2/5
Jan 30, 2014 10:35 PM
Jan 2014
Madara31 said:
kurosai16 said:
Madara31 said:
kurosai16 said:

But you don't find Kaname's persistence towards Chisaki annoying? Last question :P
nope. because kaname is a cute little bby and i find older girlxyounger guy couple is cute. very common in korean(just saying) moreover i ship them :P
Jan 30, 2014 11:04 PM
Oct 2012
unsafermike2002 said:
my response to miuna having ena - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xflI5gkF8Ns but lets get deeper in the episode .. does that mean people who are half-breeds would be able to acquire their ena if the requirements are met.

Whether or not only those with half blood being able to acquire Ena hasn't been determined yet. What seems to have happened is that Manaka's earnest self sacrifice was enough to placate the Sea God, and instead of suspending the few remaining Ena and killing the rest of humanity, he has decided to give everyone a second chance, allowing some people to acquire Ena, just as he did with the first sacrifice. Whether this will ONLY apply to "half breeds" remains to be seen. I am pretty sure Tsumugu will acquire an Ena, so quartaloons are definitely going to be covered, but will octaloons or even people totally unaffiliated like Sayu? I think this will prove to be the case since sea people were originally humans, so I think the franchise will not be solely genetic. Miura was merely the first person to fall into the sea, and as such was the first person to be coated with Ena.

Could be wrong of course, but I hope not, much better story.

Next episode should be fun since they are going to reach the village and Miura will be the first outsider for several thousand of years. Her coating should increase dramatically, so I expect that her eyes are going to change to the Ena blue as well. Expecting to see Manaka one more time, but in that she is now the bride of the Sea God, her meeting Hikari will be interesting.
Jan 30, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2013
I can't fathom how anyone could ever hate Miuna.

She is BY FAR the most mature character in the series (well other than Tsumugu, but that guy is just emotionless so I can't really call him mature). I love how she handled her heart break. She knows Hikari is still hung up on Manaka yet unlike Sayu who threw a fit, she didn't waver and instead support Hikari with all her might.

I do love the Sayu x Kaname scene. Sayu pretending to be tough but can't help admitting that she still loves Kaname after all was so heart-melting. The thing though, I doubt any of Kaname, Sayu, Chisaki, or Tsumugu would ever end up with each other. Chisaki is caught between her feelings for Hikari and as shown she's still considering Kaname's confession. She won't ever be able to go out with Tsumugu for real as long as Kaname's still around and not over her.

Next episode seems promising. I HOPE MANAKA STAYS DEAD!! I'll be pissing on this show if Manaka survives and they never explain how she survived the huge impact on the sea floor.
Jan 30, 2014 11:13 PM

Apr 2012
mayukachan said:
Dammit, it's like watching Honey and Clover all over again. Everyone is in love with someone that doesn't like them back. :'( -cries forever- Watching Kaname come back was great but I can't help but pity his unrequited love.

Good episode nevertheless. Just really depressing to watch.

the character development is no where at the level of Honey and Clover. The dialogue is lame as shit too. This episode was disappointing to say the least. After I watched Honey and Clover i realized how lacking this anime was lol

Jan 31, 2014 12:02 AM
Jan 2010
FenixDragon43 said:
himeki-hiradaira said:
Kinaro said:

´
this

Yes yes yes yes. Yes.

No.
Jan 31, 2014 12:05 AM

Jan 2014
I NEED Manaka to be alive! I started watching Nagi no Asukara because of her, so she has to stay with the show! Also, she and Hikari need to get together... :(
Jan 31, 2014 12:06 AM

Mar 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
Kaname was really calm about waking up 5 years later. Either he's been through this before, or is faking that everything is fine. Perhaps, there's more to Kaname than we know. Hmmm...

Something about Kaname seems off. I think he might be the Sea God in disguise, or one of the Sea God's scales.
Jan 31, 2014 12:36 AM
Aug 2013
Yups every episode has a surprising ending... well most of them, but it's nice to see Kaname back from slumber for years.
Jan 31, 2014 12:38 AM

Sep 2011
Watching Kaname was painful. >_<
He thought Chisaki and Tsumugu ended up together LOL. and he noticed that Chisaki's looking at Hikari. He has 2 rivals now huh.
Kaname does not know EVERYTHING. I don't think he knows about Sayu's feelings. He thinks she's still a kid and even pat her head. He forgot that they;re the same age now.
He only knows about Chisaki. He's aware of her surroundings and he's very observant of her because he's always looking at her.

I'm curious about the Sea Village. They'll probably meet Uroko-sama.
I'm not sure about the cracking sound. It's either someone is calling them or someone is shedding his/her ena.
pew pew pew
Jan 31, 2014 12:40 AM

Dec 2013
I think the hate for Tsumugu coming from the guys is pretty similar to why Miuna is getting the same kind of hate from girls much.

The very first episode introduced us to a quatrant: Manaka, Hikari, Chisaki, Kaname.

Had nothing else ever happened to intrude on this relationship, it would have most likely ended up Hikari x Manaka and Kaname x Chisaki

First off, Tsumugu, regardless of his character, was the first to intrude in on this happy little party. First off by kind of stealing Manaka from Hikari in start of the first arc, then by stealing Chisaki from that happy little quadrant at the end of the first arc. Guys would probably hate them because, essentially speaking, guys can relate to Kaname and Hikari, whereas this weird Mr. Emo came in from nowhere to steal the hearts of their childhood friend/crush. Hence in this sort of a story, guys would tend to support the guy they can relate to, and Tsumugu would seem like the bad boy from nowhere (which I'm guessing most anime fans aren't).

In a sense, Miuna is also somewhat similar to Tsumugu in that sense. She wasn't a part of the original quartet, essentially she should have been an outsider to the story. The reason why there wasn't much flak back when she was a kid in the first arc and so much flack currently in this arc is simply because in the first arc she wasn't seen as a perceived threat to the original relationships, whereas now, since she's of age, she definitely can be considered a threat to the original relationships. In real world terms, she's the girl who came out of nowhere to steal your typical childhood guy crush, hence all the hate from the female fan community.

The reason why Kaname doesn't get the hate is also because of this reason. We all see Kaname as one of the original quartet. The childhood friend who has been forever persistent and mature with his feelings and an overall nice guy, thus more relate-able to a real person than emotionless Tsumugu.
Girls don't mind guys like these because they have a mature/mysterious/emo/bad boy aura, and many girls actually go for that type of guy over their friendly neighborhood childhood best guy friend type.
Similarily guys don't mind having a girl like Miuna around because, lets face it, guys all drream of being popular with girls, and the more girls that like/admire/crush on them the better for their egos.

One reason why Sayu doesn't get as much hate as Miuna, even though she's in a similar situation, is because of the character who she's in love with, the poor Kaname, whos long standing love for Chisaki has been forever unrequited. As we all feel sorry for Kaname, there are those out there, both guys and girls, hoping that he will find comfort, that the nice guy won't actually have to finish last or stay forever alone. Hence the support for Sayu to get her man stems pretty much out of feelings of pity and indignance for Kaname's situation.

Essentially the reason why we like and dislike certain characters is simply because the director and the author of this series is a master manipulator of psychology and feelings and the characters which he has created can be relateable to the masses of anime fans out there. In that sense, the Fantasy element of people under the sea and all that are just plot devices for the author to drive the story on, and the core of the entire show as always is all about the interpersonal relationships going on and how it makes us all burst with feels.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 31, 2014 12:54 AM

Jun 2013
I don't think people should write off Miuna's obtaining Ena as a joke/stupid. This series has shown us time and time again that there are reasons for everything that happens, or that there are underlying connections that are revealed later on. Patience, my friends.

This episode, while good, was not as strong as the last 3 (episode 15 was just spectacular). All the talk about change became a little overbearing. Has someone counted the number of times the word "change" was uttered this episode?

Also, Kaname's love life is fucked, lol.
Jan 31, 2014 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
I think the hate for Tsumugu coming from the guys is pretty similar to why Miuna is getting the same kind of hate from girls much.

I don't like Tsumugu because he's a boring, one-dimensional character. He literally does nothing so far except become the object of Manaka's crush and providing Chisaki with a place to stay. Kaname is also bad but not as bad as Tsumugu. At least we know that Kaname has a lot of inner conflict going on inside his head and I always perceive him as someone who would manipulate things behind the scene. Tsumugu though, is just emotionless and almost asexual. It's one thing to be a cool character, it's another thing to be the quiet guy who does nothing.
Jan 31, 2014 1:31 AM

Oct 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
I think the hate for Tsumugu coming from the guys is pretty similar to...

Good post, very insightful :) But I still question two things :P

1. This notion that Tsumugu stole anyone. He's never once made a move on any girl, and can't help it if they develop feelings for him. If he actually pursued one of the girls then I'd understand if some guys would find him annoying, but he's literally done nothing wrong. That and he's obviously not emotionless, he just doesn't shout, cry, run away or lose his temper over the smallest of things. His emotions are on display in a more subtle manner, but apparently that makes him a robot.

2. Like Kaname, Miuna has also been forever persistent, mature with her feelings and is an overall nice girl as well, which would mean the only reason she gets the hate is because she's considered an outsider. But since the time skip, She's gotten considerably more flak for that than Tsumugu has, and he should be considered an outsider as well. People keep on saying how they want to see more of the Tsumugu/Chisaki/Kaname drama, yet they can't stand the Miuna/Hikari/Manaka drama. Why is that? considering both are triangles involving 2 originals and one outsider.

Other than that, what you're saying is understandable. For me though, this whole thing about the quadrant of childhood friends means nothing to me so I have absolutely no qualms with Tsumugu, Miuna and Sayu getting involved, so therefore the majority of your points don't relate to me at all. That's just me though, I'm sure many others relate to what you said :)
Jan 31, 2014 1:54 AM

Mar 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:
I can't fathom how anyone could ever hate Miuna.

She is BY FAR the most mature character in the series (well other than Tsumugu, but that guy is just emotionless so I can't really call him mature). I love how she handled her heart break. She knows Hikari is still hung up on Manaka yet unlike Sayu who threw a fit, she didn't waver and instead support Hikari with all her might.

I do love the Sayu x Kaname scene. Sayu pretending to be tough but can't help admitting that she still loves Kaname after all was so heart-melting. The thing though, I doubt any of Kaname, Sayu, Chisaki, or Tsumugu would ever end up with each other. Chisaki is caught between her feelings for Hikari and as shown she's still considering Kaname's confession. She won't ever be able to go out with Tsumugu for real as long as Kaname's still around and not over her.

Miuna and Hikari are the most matured character.. Tsumugu is just a robot lol

Glad to see that there are people who thinks TsuSaki is kind of impossible to happen FOR NOW
It's impossible to happen not until tsumugu confessed his feelings to Chisaki(ofc there is still chance that he might got rejected...) Chisaki will always think Tsumugu as a family(no romantic feeling) if he don't do any move

Jan 31, 2014 1:57 AM
Mar 2010
Lol when Miuna is given the spotlight, people start to realize how nice Manaka was. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Miuna at all, just saying. This episode gives me mixed feelings. I really want ChisakiXKaname to happen but SayuXKaname is so cute. <3 And TsumuguXChisaki...I don't hate that either.

But the theme about 'change'. I wonder how it'll end up.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 31, 2014 2:31 AM

Jul 2012
Miuna sometimes bothered me because of her unnecessary actions, like when she went shopping with Hikari and dragged Sayu along. Sometimes it just felt like she was doing unnatural things.

But in this episode Miuna wasn't that bad for me since she just wants to pursue Hikari and that's not a problem. It also seemed like she was herself. It's going to be painful to see Miuna get rejected by Hikari though (if she confesses).

Man, Kaname is an odd character, he hides his feelings really deep. But the pain on his face, ouch.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.