Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (48) « First ... « 45 46 [47] 48 »
Jul 16, 2016 4:13 AM
Jun 2014
PandaSaki said:
What are the exact measurements for signatures? I want to fit in a few links to stuff, a quote, and a picture, but I'm experiencing difficultly in getting it right.
Section II: Signature Restrictions

Images placed in forum signatures must not:
a. exceed a total area of 600px width by 150px height.
b. exceed a total file size of 300 kB.
c. be NSFM.

You can put text and link beside it.
Jul 21, 2016 7:38 PM

Jul 2016
I can't get mine to work. I resized it and all. Does Imgur images work?

Jul 23, 2016 10:30 AM

May 2008
FrozenSheep said:
You need to use the direct image link not the imgur page. If you right click on the image on the imgur page and view the image properties it will give you the direct link to the image. In chrome you can choose to "Copy image address" directly. Here is the code you'll need:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Hmrlw8i.jpg[/img]

I am a banana.
Jul 23, 2016 1:05 PM

Jul 2016
saka said:
FrozenSheep said:
You need to use the direct image link not the imgur page. If you right click on the image on the imgur page and view the image properties it will give you the direct link to the image. In chrome you can choose to "Copy image address" directly. Here is the code you'll need:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Hmrlw8i.jpg[/img]

Thanks a lot :D

Works wonderfully :)

Aug 9, 2016 6:28 AM

Aug 2016
How do i make it so my signature doesn't show my recent animes or anything like that? Pls any help!
~More then one waifu will ruin your lifu~
Aug 28, 2016 11:11 AM

Mar 2008
ZoeSenpai said:
How do i make it so my signature doesn't show my recent animes or anything like that? Pls any help!

You can go here and choose what you would like to be displayed on your signature via the drop-down menu under "Image Type".

Can someone help me fix my signature? I've spent some time trying to get the images to fit together properly but I can't seem to root out the problem. It's also been a while since I've made a signature featuring my recent updates, so maybe I've gone rusty... :x I'd also like it to be centered. Note - It is displayed well in this particular post, but not while being previewed in my settings for testing.

XmoonbladeAug 28, 2016 11:15 AM

Oct 10, 2016 3:35 PM

Feb 2015
ok, so i need help with this trick with a gif.

i'm fine with making them, that's not the problem. however sometimes the loop can be too "sudden" for me and i would like to change that. i see gifs that would otherwise have a "sudden" loop, but instead smooth it over by making an extra frame (or something), making it look much better.

example:

at the end of the loop, there's a sort of extra frame to smooth it over instead of the character suddenly being yanked back into the frame.

another example:

a "sudden" loop:

how do i make the gifs smoother like the first ones above?
Oct 13, 2016 6:03 PM

Feb 2015
silverwhirlwind said:

If you use photoshop to edit your gifs you can add transition frames when you loop it. There is a small button by the delete frame button that looks like a bouncing ball. If you click that it will make a transition to loop your gif. You have to put how many frames you want the transition to be, the more frames the smoother the loop.

thanks, but just one thing, i'm using cs5. is the ball in that one as well?
Oct 15, 2016 10:18 AM

Feb 2015
@silverwhirlwind is it the "tweens animation frames" option?

sorry for my ignorance.
Oct 18, 2016 5:01 PM

Feb 2015
silverwhirlwind said:
yes :) I didn't know the name till you typed it here.

SFLR and thank you very much!
Nov 18, 2016 6:37 PM

Feb 2015
hello, new problem. i know how to add text to gifs, but how do i apply them to certain parts of the gif?
Nov 19, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2016
I've decided to use c4d renders+Apophysis renders in one for the first time(c4d from somewhere, apophysis self rendered), yet I'm still in thought about text ideas. Does anyone has a tip?
Currently it looks like this and I'm not planning to add heavy edits to it:
-Will make a better signature tomorrow, probably
Nov 19, 2016 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
mo3s0xtk92laFOX said:
I've decided to use c4d renders+Apophysis renders in one for the first time(c4d from somewhere, apophysis self rendered), yet I'm still in thought about text ideas. Does anyone has a tip?

Just my two cents, it looks a bit too chaotic - I can't immediately identify the main render since the colors are too close in tone with the C4D and Apophysis renders. Maybe brighten up the front, or darken the back a bit more? Or you could use a slight gaussian blur on the back as well.

Right now it looks a bit like everything's just thrown in, which is cool that it works out abstractly. You can slowly use them much more subtly, like here:

Or try to blend in a lot of different colored ones, like here:

It's a good piece of work for your first time working with them - I know mine looked like an incoherent mess when I tried incorporating them into my work!

Nov 19, 2016 11:55 AM

Sep 2016
mo3s0xtk92laFOX said:
It looks cool for first try :o

I think you added more than enough c4d render which makes it look messy & I agree with ^ you can't identify the main render..
Nov 19, 2016 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
johnxfire said:
mo3s0xtk92laFOX said:

Just my two cents, it looks a bit too chaotic - I can't immediately identify the main render since the colors are too close in tone with the C4D and Apophysis renders. Maybe brighten up the front, or darken the back a bit more? Or you could use a slight gaussian blur on the back as well.

Right now it looks a bit like everything's just thrown in, which is cool that it works out abstractly. You can slowly use them much more subtly, like here:

It's a good piece of work for your first time working with them - I know mine looked like an incoherent mess when I tried incorporating them into my work!

I'll keep that in my mind, thanks! ^-^
I've quickly tested how it would look lighter or darker, but then the render would make such a contrast like it totally doesn't belong there(or seem uncanny), and so I moved one under the other one so it's a bit calmer.
Then I suppose it will be easier to start form scratch as my original idea was to make something more cheerful and in the end it became almost the opposite though I still liked it

@SenpieX, Thank you too! Is it wiser to keep around one c4d render in it?
-Will make a better signature tomorrow, probably
Nov 19, 2016 12:25 PM

Oct 2014
@mo3s0xtk92laFOX , yeah, I tend to take a sort of Occam's Razor to design myself - but there's nothing inherently bad in using more than one, you just have to make sure it's doing something you want it to in your design!

Nov 19, 2016 12:27 PM

Sep 2016
mo3s0xtk92laFOX said:
johnxfire said:

I'll keep that in my mind, thanks! ^-^
I've quickly tested how it would look lighter or darker, but then the render would make such a contrast like it totally doesn't belong there(or seem uncanny), and so I moved one under the other one so it's a bit calmer.
Then I suppose it will be easier to start form scratch as my original idea was to make something more cheerful and in the end it became almost the opposite though I still liked it

@SenpieX, Thank you too! Is it wiser to keep around one c4d render in it?
I myself mostly use 1 type of c4d (make copies of it and place where you see fit)
You can use more than one but It will get a bit complicated like yours if you are making for first time. Always start from basic and when you see some good result > experiment more advance stuff. (I'm not a pro myself but I experiment different styles which helps me to improve in my future projects)
SenpieXNov 19, 2016 12:33 PM
Nov 24, 2016 11:19 PM

Nov 2016
Here in this post (video), you will be able to make your own signature even with a link.

http://animehothotties.blogspot.com/2016/11/how-to-add-link-to-your-signature-in.html
Dec 16, 2016 6:02 PM

May 2014
can someone please teach me how to make graphics? like seriously, ive been trying to get really good at this for 3 years, ive gone through photoshop, gimp, and paint.net, and somehow, my graphics always fall short of being as good as the graphics that ppl like @senpiex make

idk i just feel like my stuff is lacking compared to the other gfxers here
Click my sig
Dec 16, 2016 6:17 PM

Sep 2016
@Izaya If you use photoshop, try looking up some tutorials on deviantart (they really help a lot)
PS I'm not that good, there are tons of other people way better gfxers than me here..
Dec 18, 2016 9:20 AM
Dec 18, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2016
Spearmann66 said:
My MAL Signature's all black. Please help. (シ_ _)シ

Upload it to http://imgur.com/
Dec 18, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2010
Merged Spearmann66's thread "Help, how do I fix my MAL signature?!"
Dec 18, 2016 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
@Izaya DEVIANTART, source of tutorials, resources, brushes, patterns, font styles, psd colorings and many more, you can even download some psd signature packs from various graphic makers which are for free but obviously only for learning purposes :)

Dec 18, 2016 6:11 PM
Dec 18, 2016 6:31 PM

Feb 2015
Spearmann66 said:
Yorshkai said:

Upload it to http://imgur.com/
What? Upload what specifically?

Upload the picture, your sig in imgur, use the link that is provided once you've uploaded it. That will do it.
Dec 18, 2016 6:47 PM

Dec 2016
_Ako_ said:

Upload the picture, your sig in imgur, use the link that is provided once you've uploaded it. That will do it.

Okay... I am abit confused here. Upload that black box or upload my own custom image? @__@

EDIT: OMG!!! IT WORKED!
Jan 9, 2017 11:23 PM

Feb 2015
(posting here because i can't find a thread like this)

ok, i must have wasted almost an hour trying to do this. i know how to do it with pictures, but what about gifs? i can't upload my gif on my profile forum pic, and i changed it to 100x125 and it's STILL not working. what's wrong?
Jan 12, 2017 9:20 AM

Dec 2013
Hey, I've been looking around while building a signature, and I see people who have text next to a picture, and I have no idea how to do that. I need help
I'm looking to have my three links spread diagonally over the width of my signature space, with the picture of the Trueno on the far right. If someone knows how to show me how to set up horizontal spacing like that, or can guide me to a place where I can learn, it would help so much. I've been looking for a while now, but can't find it on my own T_T

EDIT: Figured it out thanks to the help of Cyruz!
fushiroJan 12, 2017 2:15 PM
Feb 3, 2017 4:42 PM

Feb 2009
So I wanted to make a php scripted signature again. Can anyone recommend any good hosting sites for the script? :)
Feb 3, 2017 7:11 PM

Nov 2008
Luppi said:
So I wanted to make a php scripted signature again. Can anyone recommend any good hosting sites for the script? :)

What's wrong with the current one you're using now? I use the same host for my php signatures and it works just fine.
Feb 4, 2017 3:55 AM

Feb 2009
eL_marco said:
Luppi said:

What's wrong with the current one you're using now? I use the same host for my php signatures and it works just fine.

Well it's not showing my updates anymore on the signature. Maybe I need to look at my settings there. Though I haven't logged into that account in like 5-6 years. :)

On a side note: Cool that you're replying, have been an admirer of your signatures for many many years.
Feb 4, 2017 4:18 AM

Nov 2008
Luppi said:
eL_marco said:

Well it's not showing my updates anymore on the signature. Maybe I need to look at my settings there. Though I haven't logged into that account in like 5-6 years. :)

On a side note: Cool that you're replying, have been an admirer of your signatures for many many years.

Not sure if you're using saka's script, but if you are, the updates will not show unless you're using the newest code (v1.57) along with changing the rss feeds to https in lines 42-43 in the script. Also, all the angled brackets ">" need to be removed in line 47 for each string to make the manga statuses parse correctly (ie. '>Plan to Watch' to 'Plan to Watch'). Other than that, it should work correctly like before.

And thanks for being a fan. It's really rare these days to find designers making php signatures, so it's nice to have a comrade in arms. Wish more users made them since I personally find them a lot more interesting than the plain graphic ones.
Feb 4, 2017 4:58 AM

Feb 2009
eL_marco said:
Luppi said:

Not sure if you're using saka's script, but if you are, the updates will not show unless you're using the newest code (v1.57) along with changing the rss feeds to https in lines 42-43 in the script. Also, all the angled brackets ">" need to be removed in line 47 for each string to make the manga statuses parse correctly (ie. '>Plan to Watch' to 'Plan to Watch'). Other than that, it should work correctly like before.

And thanks for being a fan. It's really rare these days to find designers making php signatures, so it's nice to have a comrade in arms. Wish more users made them since I personally find them a lot more interesting than the plain graphic ones.

Thank you so much for the detailed repsonse! Yes I'm using saka's script (if I remember correctly). I'll see if I can log into my old account or maybe I'll just make a new one and upload the script there!

Haha no problem. Yes I miss it too (with people like Siva, Nyufi, saka or Kvakond), because personally I find it more challenging to make a good signature and implement the updates in a smart way. I'm light years away from your quality though if I'm honest and I haven't made a signature I'd want to use in like 5 years. Mainly because I don't have Photoshop anymore and I just can't work with Gimp the same way, no matter how hard I try.
Feb 23, 2017 3:07 AM

Jun 2015
How do i change the position of my Signature?
Feb 23, 2017 3:44 AM

Dec 2014
Syaorana said:
How do i change the position of my Signature?

Just put the whole text in your signature between center or right tags:

NozdrefFeb 23, 2017 3:48 AM

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Feb 26, 2017 9:50 AM

Mar 2016
How can I update my signature as I saw death note 2 months ago?
Mar 15, 2017 8:14 PM

Feb 2017
stenchlord said:
You go to profile > edit > forum settings

quote my post and you'll see what the forum code is.

,mnljjlkjlkjlkjkljljlk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2017 6:32 AM

Apr 2016
Users are clicking on my signature but it's not registering on 'Signature Clicks' stat. What should I do?
Jul 30, 2017 12:54 AM

Feb 2017
I want to put 3 gifs in my signature, side by side, but I don't know how to. Can anybody help?

All 3 files sizes added up together are below the limit, and the dimensions are also fine.

☆°•*.`•艾门°*.`•°☆
Jul 30, 2017 1:56 AM

Jul 2009
strawberrycheeks said:
I want to put 3 gifs in my signature, side by side, but I don't know how to. Can anybody help?

All 3 files sizes added up together are below the limit, and the dimensions are also fine.

Maybe I can help. Can you post/PM me the gifs?
Jul 30, 2017 2:04 AM

Feb 2017
@Skittles Thank youhuhuhu! I'll do that when I go on my computer

☆°•*.`•艾门°*.`•°☆
Jul 30, 2017 2:44 AM

Oct 2014
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Users are clicking on my signature but it's not registering on 'Signature Clicks' stat. What should I do?
that's for this signature, not the fancy ones people prefer as far as I know. https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=signature
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aug 14, 2017 8:44 AM

Feb 2017
I'm trying to upload these 3 pictures

why isn't it working? The sizes are: [white] 100*150, [anime] 200*150, [black] 100*150.

Why are they uneven, too?
strawberrycheeksAug 14, 2017 9:51 AM

☆°•*.`•艾门°*.`•°☆
Aug 14, 2017 10:01 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
strawberrycheeks said:
I'm trying to upload these 3 pictures

why isn't it working? The sizes are: [white] 100*150, [anime] 200*150, [black] 100*150.

Why are they uneven, too?

The white and the black teacup images are 120x180 while the middle image is 180x135.
They are oversized which is why they won't work.
Aug 14, 2017 11:22 AM

Feb 2017
@Zelot That's weird! I double checked in several applications!

Thank you!

☆°•*.`•艾门°*.`•°☆
Dec 5, 2017 5:27 AM

Dec 2017
Hey Guys! Im trying to do my signature but everytime I post a custom image it blocks out my favorite anime and total amount of episodes, what am I doing wrong?
Dec 5, 2017 5:57 AM

Jul 2009
@Wolfpax Can you post a screenshot? Maybe I can help.
Mar 3, 2018 11:05 PM

Nov 2015
My current signature has the list of animes that I watched on 2/21/18, but does not update with any recent watches or list additions. I am sure I screwed it up somehow.
I just went to My signature under the edit proflie and deleted the signature code, but when I submit it , the code reappears in the box and the signature is still the old one.

Any suggestions?
May 6, 2018 12:39 PM
TMNT Lover

Oct 2017
Could anyone help me split this picture into two parts, that I could use for my forum signature?

Pages (48) « First ... « 45 46 [47] 48 »

More topics from this board

» To Heart 2 Konomi Yuzuhara (MegaHouse 1/6, 2007/2024)

MasterTasuke - Yesterday

1 by MasterTasuke »»
Yesterday, 3:10 PM

» "Molly Ringwald"

MeanMrMusician - May 3

0 by MeanMrMusician »»
May 3, 7:57 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

366 by nin-tendo »»
May 3, 12:18 PM

» Konomi Yuzuhara ♥ Innocent Maid

MasterTasuke - Dec 17, 2023

4 by MasterTasuke »»
May 3, 10:58 AM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

19 by DesuMaiden »»
May 3, 7:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.