Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jun 21, 2014 8:38 PM
Sep 2013
I just finished this anime today, and i can say. Chihiro is the girl i want Keima to be with... If anyone has any news on Season 4 will you post here or message me please!? I would really like to know what happens, i'm not a manga reader... Also i have a few questions like how Tenri received her wings? Is Haqua falling for Keima? Does all the girls convert back to not knowing what happened after Keima had conquered them once again? How was Chihiro able to see the people from hell and heaven? (while she was on stage singing). Will there not be a Chihiro and Keima anymore?, because of the bye, byes? I'd really like to know !!! thank you!
Jun 21, 2014 10:59 PM

Apr 2014
Such a great series. They should do another season with the last arc of the manga.

Jun 22, 2014 12:12 PM
Sep 2013
orangejws said:
Such a great series. They should do another season with the last arc of the manga.
I argee!!!!!!!!!!, but i heard the sales did really bad on season 2 and 3, but i'm still hoping for a season 4!!
Jun 24, 2014 10:04 PM

Mar 2012
Glad this season had a change of pace from the first 2, but the ending was a bit rushed. Was pretty good, 8/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 28, 2014 6:23 AM
Nov 2013
I thought I was really liking this anime too when all the girls got their memories back from their time with Keima, but boy did this ending make me feel unbearably woeful. Probably the worst unrequited love I've ever seen. When it was known that Chihiro fell in love with Keima again without having any recollection of being conquered in the past, I jumped ship from all other girls to Chihiro, and as soon as that happened everything went to complete shit. I just really detest how both Keima and Chihiro looked heart broken at the end because it seemed like Keima actually developed real feelings for her. It was like she was the only girl that made him show his true emotions. The very end was definitely fixated on those two characters and their relationship with one another, so i was expecting them to have a more fulfilling final encounter, but i was just baited. Was really hoping for a happy ending to this series.
Whatever..
Jun 29, 2014 7:01 AM
Jul 2010
For me this show wins the most surprising ending development award. Totally didn't see it coming. I'm divided wether there should be a follow up OVA or season, even though te end feels incomplete adding more to it for the sake of continuity may actually hurt it than make it better.
Jul 1, 2014 4:06 PM
Dec 2013
I just wanted to keima to be with chihiro ;__;
I think it was a great ending even im now really sad coz of keima.
"bye bye!" <.<
本当な熊ですよ。よろしくね!
Jul 1, 2014 6:30 PM

Jun 2013
This was a good show. I was hoping for a harem ending. Chihro and Ayumi were like my least favorite chars so I didn't expect much from the ending. I'm pretty sure I know who he's going to end up with. 8/10
Jul 1, 2014 9:20 PM

Sep 2012
Again. Poor Chihiro! ;____;
Jul 19, 2014 1:31 AM

May 2009
That was kind of a sad ending... I hope there's a season 4, because they can't leave it like that.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 24, 2014 5:54 PM

Feb 2013
I am shocked at how much I enjoyed this series. It has been in my PTW for like a year, and I finally decided to watch it, and holy crap I am glad I did.

First season: 7
Second: 8
Third: 9

That ending......I really hope they make another season. If not, I will probably have to read the manga....
Jul 30, 2014 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
Keima is "back to normal?" He looked pretty depressed to me.
And, as everyone else is saying, poor Chihiro... And, poor Keima, as well...

Season 4? Please? This ending was too sad and unfitting. Either way I'm going to read the manga, as I really want to know the True Ending, and see which route The God of Conquest chooses... I guess you could say xD
removed-userJul 30, 2014 10:16 PM
Aug 6, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
I just finished this, it's 1 am and I have to wake up for work in 6 h.7

Now I cant fucking sleep because they have to end this anime in fucking tears without happy ending. WTF MAN FUCK YOU TOO!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Aug 10, 2014 9:04 AM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
Does Keima love Chihiro or does he just feel sorry for Chihiro because of what he did?? I don't know but I will know it once I start reading the Manga :3
That singing performance was beautiful especially when the goddesses spread their wings *o* That bye bye :(
It took me 17 days to finish this Anime =_= but it was a good and fun watch. I really enjoyed watching this Anime. I like all the girls <3 and I still can't choose but I think Haqua is the best for me.
The voice acting is also great. I like the opening song but I like the ending song more :3 I am going to download all the version!!!
I will definitely read the Manga sooner or later. A season 4 would be awesome, thanks!!

i believe Keima loves Chihiro
Aug 16, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2012
Final thoughts on this

- The lack of Elsie this season is severely disappointing
- I liked things better when it was simpler
- Keima's a motherfucking P.I.M.P.
- I missed some things cause I didn't read the manga
- That ending was weak. The episode was fine, but we needed some actual closure
Aug 29, 2014 3:19 PM

Apr 2013
Always-Hungry: "I see the good ending but where is the true ending?"
Sep 7, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2008
I really liked the series but I just disliked the ending. So basically Keima leaves Chihiro with the impression that he is a true ass even though he never meant to say what he did. I was always rooting for Chihiro to end up with Keima so it's just so sad that the complete opposite happened. And in the way that it did just crushed me.

And he ends up with no one with a depressed look on his face. *sigh*

Can anyone tell me what chapter in the manga continues the story after the anime? I can't have this story end for me here, so I want to continue it in the manga.
Testament956Sep 7, 2014 3:45 PM
Sep 12, 2014 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah dude, it really didn't feel like a finale for a trilogy

S4 probably won't happen but I can dream
Sep 15, 2014 4:28 PM

May 2009
I liked how they addapted the Goddess arc. All the feelings were there, and obviously it's not the end, there is still the final arc even maybe it won't be animated.
Oct 5, 2014 4:14 PM

Jun 2013
Question here. Maybe someone answered but I don't want to read 19 pages of discussion :p

Where do the manga continue? I want to end the story but I don't know from what chapter to read
Oct 5, 2014 4:40 PM

Feb 2013
Good thing I read chapter 42 to 114 from the manga. It skips that much. If you haven't, you should definitely read it, it's a great read and makes way more sense that way. You should watch also watch the OVAs if you haven't.

This season of TWGOK adapts manga chapters 115 to the end of 189 if anyone is wondering. The next arc starts on chapter 190. I skimmed through it and it looks like it skip afew minor details. They skipped some interactions with previous conquests like Jun( teacher who loves wrestling) and Minami( the swim girl). I'm still amazed how there were able to fit in all that in just 12 episodes. Almost nothing was skipped or missed.

Now onto the episode.

I'm a bit dissapointed by the lack of Kanon and Elsie. They weren't in this season very much. I guess it's okay since we already have a lot of Elsie. But I wish there was more Kanon.

Anyway, this season is easily the best of TWGOK! I love it! I can say now that Chihiro is the best girl. I hope she ends up with Keima. I'll take Ayumi as second place though.

I hope there is a season 4. The manga is done and there is about 82 chapter left in the manga. There is definitely material to animate. I'm going to wait two years in the hope that they'll animate more. If not then I'll just continue and finish the manga.
Nano1124Oct 5, 2014 11:42 PM
Oct 22, 2014 6:30 PM

Jul 2014
Nano1124 said:
Good thing I read chapter 42 to 114 from the manga. It skips that much. If you haven't, you should definitely read it, it's a great read and makes way more sense that way. You should watch also watch the OVAs if you haven't.

This season of TWGOK adapts manga chapters 115 to the end of 189 if anyone is wondering. The next arc starts on chapter 190. I skimmed through it and it looks like it skip afew minor details. They skipped some interactions with previous conquests like Jun( teacher who loves wrestling) and Minami( the swim girl). I'm still amazed how there were able to fit in all that in just 12 episodes. Almost nothing was skipped or missed.

Now onto the episode.

I'm a bit dissapointed by the lack of Kanon and Elsie. They weren't in this season very much. I guess it's okay since we already have a lot of Elsie. But I wish there was more Kanon.

Anyway, this season is easily the best of TWGOK! I love it! I can say now that Chihiro is the best girl. I hope she ends up with Keima. I'll take Ayumi as second place though.

I hope there is a season 4. The manga is done and there is about 82 chapter left in the manga. There is definitely material to animate. I'm going to wait two years in the hope that they'll animate more. If not then I'll just continue and finish the manga.

Well considering that Kanon was in a "coma" after being ambushed, what else are we supposed to see from her?

s4 pls also.
Nov 4, 2014 9:15 PM

Jul 2011
Oh man, I was hoping that they would go a different route for the ending, but hey, it's what I expected.

Regardless, I still loved this season and although I've been semi-spoiled, I don't know if it's true or not and don't plan to look into it. I have no idea if there will be a 4th season or not, and I promised myself not to look into it, because every time I try to search those things up, I get spoiled by some people who don't know how to use spoiler tags.

Anyways, I'll be hoping for a 4th season, but they did definitely end the episode like a finale. The song was so bittersweet, we got to see the true side of Keima and how he felt and Chihiro as well. A few minor flaws here and there, but overall, really nice finish to a great series.

9/10 <3
Nov 12, 2014 4:23 AM

Mar 2013
I have to applaud Theusis3 for his strong post (page 18).

First off he gave a strong analysis of the current relationship state between Keima and the main females. I concur with basically everything written as it's spot on and in line with my own views.

More importantly though was his discussion of Keima X Chihiro. After sifting through 350 odd posts for the episode, I had not seen one post that articulated an accurate interpretation of their dialogue outside Katsuragi's house. Even though there had been a few interesting observations and analysis, i was losing faith that an astute member would ask the basic questions and thus hit on the (sadly seemingly not so) obvious ramifications of the dialogue. When Chihiro asks the 2 questions of why he dated her and if she had a goddess inside of her, he responds that she doesn't and that's not why he went on the date. The question any mildly intelligent viewer needs to ask is WHY did he lie with that answer, and WHY could he not tell her the truth. His point nearly fully addresses this

Theusis3 said:

Keima x Chihiro - In the scene outside Katsuragi's house, when she asks him, why he went out on a date with her and did she have a goddess inside of her too. He replies that she doesn't. At that time I believed Keima was unsure whether to tell her, as it would reveal the whole story that she was one of his conquest before and so a candidate for a goddess; even at that time Chihiro didn't understand the whole story about Hell and things but she trust Keima as all the other girls do. I believe Keima was afraid to hurt her more than he had by telling the truth but also that he didn't want to drag her even more into the mess that is his life. He wanted to protect her. And when listening to Chihiro's song - "Memory of my first love", he cries and says, "I'm sorry Chihiro. Earlier, that wasn't what I meant to say". At first I foolishly thought that he was talking about the rooftop when he coldly rejected her and said he tricked her. But then I realised that it was the time outside his house when he told her that she wasn't part of anything to do with the goddesses and all that. He regretted saying that and perhaps not telling her the truth - he probably didn't know which was the right thing to say at the time. And during the rooftop when he hesitated as well on what was the right thing to say to her, since he couldn't understand why anyone would like him before he ever interacted with them at all. Chihiro believed that there was a reason why Keima went on a date with her even though he doesn't give a reason in the end. I believe Chihiro was more upset of not being part of this event, after being able to see the wings of the 6 goddesses. She wanted to be someone special, and someone special to Keima.

The main line here being what would happen IF he said that he thought she might have a goddess inside of her (which we ofcourse know was the case and the whole reason for the date). This would be a concise and truthful answer. The thing is that Chihiro would then start connecting the dots wondering WHY was she even being probed as a candidate in the first place. She couldn't have been randomly picked, and the other goddesses all happen to have close relationships with Keima that are filled with prior romantic moments/conquests. Sure Chihiro doesn't know all the details like us viewers, but she knows some of the goddesses quite well and she knows that keima has romantic ties to them to varying degrees. That will force her to contemplate (and possibly ask) what similarities SHE has to the Goddesses, since Keima clearly thought she was a candidate (ofcourse this is under the assumption that he told her the partial bare minimum truth with his response). While the memory wipe deals with the actual conquest, it doesn't wipe out all the interactions and familiarity the females had with Keima, which is why they always sorta remembered/recognized him to some extent, as is made more apparent in the manga up to this Arc. So either Chihiro will start realizing the truth, or will follow up Keima's answer asking if they had any past romantic connection that would have merited the possibility of a goddess taking over her. At that point Keima will have to come clean to the fact that they had a previous romantic connection/conquest.

So TLDR Keima does not want her to know about their past romantic rendezvous. There are many reasons for this including that as soon as this came to light between the two of them they would be forced to confront it, this time with most of the truth out there and exposed. This will likely lead to even more heartbreak for Chihiro (if that can be imagined..), since even if Keima loves her and want's to be with her now (as most believe) he can't. This is why he says at the end to himself that he is sorry and that's not what he wanted to answer her, followed by his first tears in the series.

Overall an incredible season, easily the best in the series, which i had rated as an 8 (s1) and 9 (s2). This Megami Hen arc earns a resounding 10, and has dragged me kicking and screaming into giving the manga a go, while reading up on the earlier skipped chapters and their conquests.

Also major props to my Favorite and the Strongest Female Seiyuu Saori Hayami for her role as Haqua. Additionally she absolutely dominates with her full version OP, and her songs With You, Angel Night, and Naked Genius. Even True Elite Powerhouses like HanaKana are blown away by her Unrivaled Voice.
Nov 22, 2014 8:57 PM

Jul 2012
Thank you Theusis3 and SlickDragon.
Dec 1, 2014 11:01 AM

Jun 2014
SymbolicLayer said:
Slightly disappointed by how they handled the ending. When I read the chapter I cried almost instantly but the anime didn't managed to get even a tear from me.
Maybe I was too excited for this episode, I even had tissues prepared.

It was opposite for me, in the manga idc about Chihiro, but I was sad for her in anime. But don't worry Chihiro shippers if you want your happy ending

They didn't explained why Haqua was caught and they cut the scene where she's being tortured by vintage.
Keima cried!! It was his first broken heart!

8/10 overall
Dec 9, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2013
That was a great ending.. pretty good adaption from the manga.
I feel bad for Chihiro even more in the anime.. Keima's manly tears. T^T
Now back to reading the manga.
Dec 21, 2014 1:05 AM
Dec 2014
Well the ending sure was an injections of concentrated sadness.
But I think that is the way it must be if they are willing to make another season cuz if they were to love each other how the hell could he continue conquests and they will try to pull something out of their asses to make fourth season.

I almost can't believe that he was apologizing to chihiro ;~;.
At that moments I felt so bad for him after years of video gaming he finally has a chance to be with someone who cares about him but he has to reject that person to save the world. Damn!
Jan 16, 2015 9:55 PM

Sep 2014
Not as good as season 1 or 2; season 2 was the best season by far
Jan 23, 2015 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
What a shame they have skipped a massive amount of manga chapters, there are many things they should've grasped. Also, the ending was different and rushed.

Still, this is probably the most original and unique harem show and the one I've enjoyed the most.
Feb 11, 2015 5:20 PM

Aug 2013
I'm so sad that it's over!!!! I really like this series. Keima crying thinking about Chihiro, so many feels. I think that they are going to end up together.

This was the best season. It took a different direction from the previous season, but it worked out for the best. Since, there will probably not be a season 4, I will pick up the manga one day to continue the story.

9/10
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Feb 22, 2015 10:28 PM

Aug 2013
Although I definitely think this season was better than the other 2 (except for the best girls Nagase and Kasuga in season 2), I thought the ending was a bit rushed.

I think they dedicated too much time to conquering Ayumi, so after that everything else was slammed into half an episode.

It made the whole sealing off the gate and stopping vintage seem pretty anti climactic. Also that incredibly hard water seal on Kanon was broken instantly.

Although my favorite girls are Nagase, Kanon, and Kasuga...I will say that Chihiro definitely stole the spotlight this episode. Everything between her and Keima, and the song at the end with her face was fucking sad as hell. Same with Keima crying at the end.

Stole the show Chihiro, but you couldn't quite steal my heart.

Kind of wish Haqua didn't get reinstated. She looked way fucking hotter rocking that little black dress and acting like a badass rogue agent.
Mar 1, 2015 5:05 AM
Jul 2014
Absolutely dying for another season but I see it as a distant dream.

Somewhat rushed ending. I thought it was going to be slightly more action packed but I don't mind. This series isn't known for having action. Definitely better than he previous two seasons because it had a story that actually really intrigued me rather than Keima just hitting on a bunch of girls. Also got to see my previous favourites like Shiori and Kanon. I still would've liked to see a whole season of Keima conquering Yui and the telescope girl but having three seasons of straight up harem and hitting on girls with no real progress to the story would've put many many people off. Having two seasons of it seemed to put many people off since I haven't seen an announcement for season 4 anywhere.

Man I'd be sad if this anime didn't continue.
May 20, 2015 7:32 AM

Mar 2014
God, this shit is so good. The first season are just for laughs but this episode made me depressed as fuck. I don't mind the rush. The themes are really explored. This made Chihiro from good to best girl status. I like the scene where Chihiro saw the goddesses again and realized that she was just an ordinary girl, nothing special like the goddesses. Although I like to have a season 4, the ending is perfect for the series. The Vintage thingy didn't matter at all. Aside from few flaws, this show is good as it can get.
Cosmicblaze454May 21, 2015 8:41 AM
A drama has a progressive thought, an emotional climax and a resolution, but our lives aren't like that. All we get day after day, are a bunch of vague anxieties that are never really resolved.

- Yamazaki Kaoru
(Welcome to the N.H.K)
May 27, 2015 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
This season lacked Ellie tho, she was to me one of the most enjoyable mc's in this series. Other than that compared to s1-s2 this really was an emotional rollercoaster yo.

7/10 Would love to see a S4 for the ultimate happy ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2015 6:45 PM
Apr 2015
this shit is so good, we need a fourth season right now
Jul 10, 2015 3:12 AM

May 2015
Chills up my spine. Loved this episode, going to start reading the manga from this point now.
10/10 series.

byebye chihiro

<3
Jul 10, 2015 10:25 AM
Apr 2014
I can't get over how fucking good this episode was. What an amazing adaptation.
Aug 14, 2015 10:11 AM

Jun 2009
i feel like they really rushed this episode at the end the threw so much info at you it really felt like it should have been drawn out.
Aug 19, 2015 6:47 PM

Jul 2015
Damn that last performance hit me like a truck.
Poor Chihiro and Kami nii-sama.
I just can't handle it that I read the last chapter of the manga and was shocked by the information that was missing. (and because there was another arc, and.. Nikaido!?)

Anime still a 9/10 personally, loved how the story went that I was instead watching for the romance aspect, and not more about the whole plot of the show (gods and stuff). There was a lot that needed explanation.

Aug 28, 2015 5:43 AM

Jun 2012
Fantastic series! Loved every episode this season. 8/10. Hopefully, there will be a new season :D

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Oct 6, 2015 1:47 PM

May 2009
What an interesting ending. I would really want to see how the story continues... did he really fall in love at last? Real world, game world, which will he choose? Which heroine will he choose.

That bye-bye scene, it was beautiful.
Oct 7, 2015 6:16 AM

Oct 2014
Kinda got sick of people falling for katsuragi's blatent "i love you" of a lie. But much more interesting than the first two seasons and some good supporting character development.

7/10 i guess?
Oct 27, 2015 5:16 PM

Apr 2014
"Come with me and I will give you an ending*

Well that didnt work for me.

I really liked Megami-hen, seriously, but i'm one of those people who need a ending totally fitting my taste or I will be sulky. It had many funny moments as always and Keima was just awesome (well not all the time) and I really liked story. But I need to say I didnt like the ending at all. It didnt really clear up the thing between Chihiro and Keima and it was just a depressive mob. Well anyways it will get the same rating as the first seasons. A next season would be pretty nice if they clear this shit up and just follow the manga. Damn just take your balls and give me a romantic happily after end. That probably doesnt work for some anime. Well ,heading to the next one.

Anyways for the Chihiro fans:
Nov 4, 2015 7:56 AM
Jan 2013
Erdna said:
"Come with me and I will give you an ending*

Well that didnt work for me.

I really liked Megami-hen, seriously, but i'm one of those people who need a ending totally fitting my taste or I will be sulky. It had many funny moments as always and Keima was just awesome (well not all the time) and I really liked story. But I need to say I didnt like the ending at all. It didnt really clear up the thing between Chihiro and Keima and it was just a depressive mob. Well anyways it will get the same rating as the first seasons. A next season would be pretty nice if they clear this shit up and just follow the manga. Damn just take your balls and give me a romantic happily after end. That probably doesnt work for some anime. Well ,heading to the next one.

Anyways for the Chihiro fans:

The chihiro shippers are everything wrong with modern anime put into one fandom

They would ruin an entire manga just to shove their precious otp up everyone's @ss.

The worst shipping fandom of all time bar none.

Nov 11, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2015
A beautiful end to the Megami arc. A instant 10/10 for everything they put into the last episode. It's unfortunate, but without a fourth season, this is the last we'll see of Keima and Chihiro. Oh well, I'm more than satisfied with this adaptation. They went out to put the feels on me eventhough I've read the manga and already know what's about to happen.

And that "Memories of my First Love". Oh Chihiro, you're not the only one whose first love was crushed by these events. It's a pity Keima's pride refused to let her see that he too, was suffering. Throughout the three seasons, the only girl that Keima acted naturally around was her, and it's sad to see that we won't be getting a fourth season to follow up on their relationship.

If I could give this an 11, I would. This is hands down the best harem/comedy/romance show I've watched. Fanservice is minimal, characters are very memorable and the music. Everything fell into place. They rushed through the beginning, but everything else was absolutely perfect. I almost felt like crying again when Chihiro began singing and Keima was apologising. Thank you Kaminomi, you've given me an fantastic experience.

Also:
genesic123 said:

They would ruin an entire manga just to shove their precious otp up everyone's @ss.

manga spoilers
Feb 23, 2016 2:38 PM
May 2013
This season felt weird without Elsie and her saying "Kami-nii-sama" every 2 seconds .
It looked like a cliffhanger ending with a chance for a next season ... too bad the studio has closed , I liked how they handled TWGOK .
It looks like Keima loves Chihiro but had to reject her to protect Ayumi :( well I'll pick up the manga and see how it ends and all the thing they didn't adapt .
Mar 4, 2016 4:38 PM
Jan 2013
OneTrueEmiya said:
A beautiful end to the Megami arc. A instant 10/10 for everything they put into the last episode. It's unfortunate, but without a fourth season, this is the last we'll see of Keima and Chihiro. Oh well, I'm more than satisfied with this adaptation. They went out to put the feels on me eventhough I've read the manga and already know what's about to happen.

And that "Memories of my First Love". Oh Chihiro, you're not the only one whose first love was crushed by these events. It's a pity Keima's pride refused to let her see that he too, was suffering. Throughout the three seasons, the only girl that Keima acted naturally around was her, and it's sad to see that we won't be getting a fourth season to follow up on their relationship.

If I could give this an 11, I would. This is hands down the best harem/comedy/romance show I've watched. Fanservice is minimal, characters are very memorable and the music. Everything fell into place. They rushed through the beginning, but everything else was absolutely perfect. I almost felt like crying again when Chihiro began singing and Keima was apologising. Thank you Kaminomi, you've given me an fantastic experience.

Also:
genesic123 said:

manga spoilers

The entire story wasn't about chihro at all.The whole story had to be butchered,with so many potholes to do it.

You lowlifes make even 4 chan red with shame.Even they would not go out of their way to ruin a manga.

Apr 7, 2016 12:10 AM
May 2010

I honestly think that the way it went that there were really in the end, three proper candidates for Keima to end up with. Tenri, Haqua, and Chihiro. All three have in common that they fell in love with Keima with whom he was, or in Haqua's case, knowing how it is he thinks and operates behind the scenes of his conquests. That said, out of those, only Chirho seemed to deliberatly want to push forward and conquer Keima for herself, whilst Haqua and Tenri seemed a bit more passive in their approach.

At the same time, I think that Chihiro will end up picked mostly due to how Normal and real she is and, given the ending here, it's obvious that he's most likely going to slowly try to break out of it.

As for the story not being entirely about Chihiro, I do agree, but the story was in a sense, about all the pitfalls of life, the struggles, the gaps in peoples hearts, having to meet expectations, escapism, duty. Many of the issues that he helped solve are in a sense, universal and moral life lessons. At the same time, slowly throughout the two seasons, Keima begins to realize this and then the anime or rather, the medium itself, shows us a dosage of reality: The true harem route doesn't exist in reality, and in the end, unless you're one of the select few, you'll always have one you love more than others. Keima is right to feel depressed as hell for what he's done to all of those girls, Telling them all that they're the one. It was a game when they forgot, but, not it isn't one anymore, All the goddesses and Chihiro know what happened.

All in all, if you think outside of the comedy and the silly situations, the Anime itself is a wonderful framing device for dealing with the various conflicts in the girls hearts, as well as slowly helping the main character, and by extension also you, understand perhaps how to deal with reality itself. Although I might be reading a bit too much into it.

As far as I know, the manga ended with one of the girls ending up in a relationship with Keima, and so, one might say that this Anime series excellently and boldly takes a route rarely taken. Starting out in the world of escapism and fantasy (for the viewers) only to in the end come crashing down as reality catches back up, and dealing with the harsh realities of broken promises,, and finding out one's true emotions only to then realize that you've already gone too far, and messed it all up.

It's by no means a happy ending, but it is a realistic ending, and in the end, that's what this show perhaps tries to bring to the table. Reality itself.
Apr 9, 2016 12:31 AM
Jan 2013
Viper_607 said:

I honestly think that the way it went that there were really in the end, three proper candidates for Keima to end up with. Tenri, Haqua, and Chihiro. All three have in common that they fell in love with Keima with whom he was, or in Haqua's case, knowing how it is he thinks and operates behind the scenes of his conquests. That said, out of those, only Chirho seemed to deliberatly want to push forward and conquer Keima for herself, whilst Haqua and Tenri seemed a bit more passive in their approach.

At the same time, I think that Chihiro will end up picked mostly due to how Normal and real she is and, given the ending here, it's obvious that he's most likely going to slowly try to break out of it.

As for the story not being entirely about Chihiro, I do agree, but the story was in a sense, about all the pitfalls of life, the struggles, the gaps in peoples hearts, having to meet expectations, escapism, duty. Many of the issues that he helped solve are in a sense, universal and moral life lessons. At the same time, slowly throughout the two seasons, Keima begins to realize this and then the anime or rather, the medium itself, shows us a dosage of reality: The true harem route doesn't exist in reality, and in the end, unless you're one of the select few, you'll always have one you love more than others. Keima is right to feel depressed as hell for what he's done to all of those girls, Telling them all that they're the one. It was a game when they forgot, but, not it isn't one anymore, All the goddesses and Chihiro know what happened.

All in all, if you think outside of the comedy and the silly situations, the Anime itself is a wonderful framing device for dealing with the various conflicts in the girls hearts, as well as slowly helping the main character, and by extension also you, understand perhaps how to deal with reality itself. Although I might be reading a bit too much into it.

As far as I know, the manga ended with one of the girls ending up in a relationship with Keima, and so, one might say that this Anime series excellently and boldly takes a route rarely taken. Starting out in the world of escapism and fantasy (for the viewers) only to in the end come crashing down as reality catches back up, and dealing with the harsh realities of broken promises,, and finding out one's true emotions only to then realize that you've already gone too far, and messed it all up.

It's by no means a happy ending, but it is a realistic ending, and in the end, that's what this show perhaps tries to bring to the table. Reality itself.

SCREW you and your realism.

We never got a proper resolution to anything and the time travel asspull ending was the nail in the coffin for that shot.

Chihiro was ass pulled to win.We never got an insight into the lore of loose souls.Not even a proper meeting of the girls with Keima post goddess ARC.

Even Elsie was asspulled out of the story.

The story was more that just an otp.You scum had to ruin that.And u don't even get it nor care.

The chihiro shippers will be remembered as the worst shipping fandom of all time bar none.Anyone who read the manga ending objectively will know why.
genesic123May 17, 2016 1:31 AM

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2013

302 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 16, 1:00 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2013

158 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.