Forum Settings
Forums

TV Special 'Pokemon: The Origin' to Air on October 2nd

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 18, 2013 10:06 AM

Mar 2013
Red looks so lame!
In the games, he looks like that main badass and the coolest character ever, but here, he is even more of a break than Ash! xD
Aug 18, 2013 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
Shanks_Hashirama said:
Btw this isnt an adaption of the Pokemon manga isnt it? Why ppl put the Pokemon Special as the adaption of it in the database?

I don't think you know what Pokemon Special is.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Aug 18, 2013 7:56 PM
Dec 2012
New Pokemon that actually isn't featuring ash O_o
What a twist.

Definitely gonna be watching and hoping it turns out alright.
Aug 19, 2013 4:16 AM
Jun 2010
Mauroki said:
Me when they confirmed that is not a series:

I feel ya bro :(
still should be frickin amazing though!!! i'm surprised Red isn't using Bulbasaur as his starter like in the manga or in Ken Sugimori's artwork.
Aug 19, 2013 4:41 AM

Aug 2013
I won't watch it cuz I hate Pokemon.

Spongebob ftw, anyone? No? :(

Aug 19, 2013 5:05 AM

Nov 2012
mobileshaman72 said:
Mauroki said:

I feel ya bro :(
still should be frickin amazing though!!! i'm surprised Red isn't using Bulbasaur as his starter like in the manga or in Ken Sugimori's artwork.
It's based on the first game. They should really adapt the pokemon adventures manga though.
Aug 19, 2013 6:36 AM

Nov 2008
i think i'm pretty much done with pokemon still u never know
Aug 19, 2013 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
grymdylan said:
Shanks_Hashirama said:
Btw this isnt an adaption of the Pokemon manga isnt it? Why ppl put the Pokemon Special as the adaption of it in the database?

I dont think you get what I mean too. The Pokemon Special I refer to is the manga, which also called Pokemon Adventure or Pokespecial.
Aug 19, 2013 2:02 PM

Apr 2011
Shanks_Hashirama said:
grymdylan said:
Shanks_Hashirama said:

I dont think you get what I mean too. The Pokemon Special I refer to is the manga, which also called Pokemon Adventure or Pokespecial.

I used the 'Adaptation' label on the same logic as titles such as Danganronpa or White Album, which are adapted from their games but have a manga adaptation. The label is used to link an anime/manga together.
opernliedAug 19, 2013 2:05 PM
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Aug 19, 2013 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
Hoppy said:
I hope it gets good ratings because if it does, Ash/Satoshi will be gone for good and we'll get a full and definitive Pokemon experience in the future. The artstyle is a bit seinen-ish though so they could be gearing it more to us older fans.
Aug 19, 2013 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
wow this seems pretty awesome.

Aug 19, 2013 4:36 PM
Jun 2012
Mauroki said:

why god why!?
i definitely am going to watch it, and hope it is as good as this trailer!
Aug 19, 2013 4:42 PM
Aug 2013
Oh god the bit with the gameboy made me so nostalgic (the music and everything)

I just wish they made Pokemon for a more older audience, with darker themes and all that jazz, oh and a protagonist that is not stuck at 10 years old forever. I shall wait for the day.
watching anime was only meant to be hobby... I says whilst I neglect my studies and post on forums
Aug 19, 2013 4:46 PM

Sep 2011
The part about "the origin" reminds me a little of Tiger and bunny "THE BEGINNING!"

This looks freaking awesome.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 20, 2013 1:57 AM

Jan 2013
opernlied said:
I used the 'Adaptation' label on the same logic as titles such as Danganronpa or White Album, which are adapted from their games but have a manga adaptation. The label is used to link an anime/manga together.

Isn't the "Adaptation" relation supposed to mean that the anime is a direct adaptation of the manga, or vice versa? The only relation it could have with PokéSpe is "Alternative Version" or something like that, but that's not allowed between manga/anime. I think in this specific case, it's very misleading to label them as adaptation, because lots of PokéSpe fans have been and still are waiting for an anime adaptation. Also, in the trailer it said that it's an "original animation".
Based on your logic, it could also be marked as an adaptation of this or this, which would be just as wrong.
AipomAug 20, 2013 2:04 AM
Aug 20, 2013 7:33 AM

Jul 2013
Whoa....
Pokemon anime
Without ass ops ash as MC
definitely will watch
Missing first gen starters
Aug 20, 2013 7:01 PM
Apr 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Seriously all this Red> Ash crap is only because you project yourselves on the character while playing the games. Did Red/Blue/Yellow/........ have any personality on their own? Hey Ash is silly, i admit but that's how it supposed to be. You don't want Goku SS4 to appear in Pokemon now do you?

Also it's interesting because the MC gets beaten but gets back up again and again. That's the theme........if he won the battles similar to how we did in games it would get boring very easily.

The anime is really just a glorified advertisement for the games without real story or progression, and Ash is the perma-noob plot device that keeps the circus show going. Hell, it's even bad for an advertisement show considering you have actual decent stuff like Beyblade/Yugioh/Digimon. And Ash is also made to be a projection self-insert type.
A-KnightAug 20, 2013 7:16 PM
Aug 20, 2013 7:10 PM

Jul 2012
If lance and tracey sketch it aren't in it im not interested.

Best Pokémon Series

Pokémon Chronicles

Best episode In pokemon ever in my opinion.
MiraniaAug 20, 2013 7:15 PM
Aug 21, 2013 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
I really hope this turns out to be good, and that it's successful. Would love an anime based on Pokémon that doesn't include the crackhead Ash and that's somewhat somewhat exciting to watch.
Aug 21, 2013 11:23 PM

Jul 2009
cant wait. lookin forward it :)
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Aug 22, 2013 5:35 PM

Apr 2011
Let's hope it turns into a tv series. I always wondeedr how cool it would be to have the real pokemon story animated.
Aug 22, 2013 10:41 PM
Jun 2013
Sadly, it's just a single episode, I was hoping for a full series
:c
Aug 30, 2013 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
Seiyuu info:

Red - Takeuchi Junko (Uzumaki Naruto - Naruto)
Professor Oak - Mori Katsuji (Garma Zabi - MS Gundam)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 30, 2013 4:46 AM

Aug 2013
symbv said:
Seiyuu info:

Professor Oak - Mori Katsuji (Garma Zabi - MS Gundam)
I haven't seen Naruto subbed, but I like her voice. It should be good.

I still find it hard to watch Pokemon subbed, but I'll manage.
Lolis > Everything
Aug 31, 2013 9:49 PM

May 2008
symbv said:
Seiyuu info:

I shall always be amused by this. How long before the "Red as Naruto/a ninja" jokes appear on the Internet? If Green ends up being Sasuke, it will simply be perfect.

And considering Takeuchi Junko's roles, possibly Red will be a hot-blooded character. I wonder how that would play out.
Aug 31, 2013 9:54 PM

Aug 2013
Sakarii said:
symbv said:
Seiyuu info:

I shall always be amused by this. How long before the "Red as Naruto/a ninja" jokes appear on the Internet? If Green ends up being Sasuke, it will simply be perfect.

And considering Takeuchi Junko's roles, possibly Red will be a hot-blooded character. I wonder how that would play out.
I think a lot of people will be mad considering Red is not as 'baddass' as made out to be in the games.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 1, 2013 10:48 PM
Jun 2013
Will it be streamable/subbed at all in America?

And why so much hating on Ash? I understand he's not the MC of the games, but still don't comprehend...
Sep 6, 2013 1:34 AM

Sep 2012
New seiyuu information

Green - Eguchi Takuya (Hikki in OreGairu)
Takeshi - Sugita Tomokazu (Kyon in Haruhi, Gintoki in Gintama)

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 6, 2013 8:04 AM

Aug 2013
symbv said:
Takeshi - Sugita Tomokazu (Kyon in Haruhi, Gintoki in Gintama)
lol

I can't really picture this to be honest. . .
Lolis > Everything
Sep 13, 2013 12:30 AM

Apr 2011
Apparently it's going to be 1 hour and 49 minutes long.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/378416283743580160
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Sep 13, 2013 2:44 AM

Sep 2012
To air on Oct 2nd 7am.

Sep 13, 2013 8:08 AM

Aug 2013
Ooh! Nice!

Seems like more of a movie.

Explains why we see Lance.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 13, 2013 8:18 AM

Feb 2009
symbv said:
To air on Oct 2nd 7am.
Am or pm? Serebii says it's 7pm.
Sep 13, 2013 8:21 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
symbv said:
To air on Oct 2nd 7am.
Am or pm? Serebii says it's 7pm.
Typo. Should be 7pm. Thanks for pointing out.

Sep 13, 2013 10:00 AM

Aug 2011
Good news, looking forward to it!
Sep 13, 2013 10:13 AM

Nov 2012
Why not replace the mc for something cool. I don't know maybe RED!!!!!----------> http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/b/b7/Pokemon_Red_Vs._Ash.jpg
Sep 19, 2013 9:53 PM

Aug 2010
This looks good. I'll be watching.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 19, 2013 10:03 PM

Feb 2009
Looks... Super... Badass...

Will definitely watch.
Sep 20, 2013 4:16 AM
Aug 2012
They gave Red Charmender because most people chose Charmender as their starter(As far as I know).
Sep 20, 2013 5:09 AM

Jan 2013
Six new short previews on the official Pokémon channel, also including the voice of characters, and some new characters revealed, like Giovanni.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PokemonCoJp/videos
Sep 20, 2013 7:42 AM

Aug 2010
Aclos said:
Six new short previews on the official Pokémon channel, also including the voice of characters, and some new characters revealed, like Giovanni.

I hope Giovanni actually does something here, unlike in the anime series.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 20, 2013 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
malvarez1 said:

He appeared more frequently in early Best Wishes series, giving commands to Team Rocket (who were actually competent at that time), and then personally later in Best Wishes Season 2 for the final two episodes of the Meloetta arc, where he played a significant role and also met Ash face to face.
Sep 20, 2013 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
Aclos said:
malvarez1 said:

He appeared more frequently in early Best Wishes series, giving commands to Team Rocket (who were actually competent at that time), and then personally later in Best Wishes Season 2 for the final two episodes of the Meloetta arc, where he played a significant role and also met Ash face to face.
He still got fooled around like a bitch, but damn, that Persian scared me.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 20, 2013 9:04 PM

May 2008
Diranko said:
I think a lot of people will be mad considering Red is not as 'baddass' as made out to be in the games.

Late reply is late.

From what I've seen, a lot of people are accepting of how he looks design wise. Very little are complaining probably because they're too happy to see this exist. As someone who likes the fan version, I don't mind he doesn't look like that. I'm more mad at that they chose the FRLG design...

Aclos said:

All that is left is Lance and Red's mom (and the random grunts, I suppose). Having heard all the voices, I'm going to make some dangerous judgements here.

That is... All the voices except Giovanni (Sakaki)'s don't fit. Red and Green are the worst of the bunch to me.

Red - Too much like Naruto and/or Takuya. I got nothing against Junko, but man she wouldn't be my first choice for Red. I'll get used to it, but it'll never be the definite Red voice for me. Not distinct enough.

Green - Not Sasuke. But... he sounds like an adult. Did his balls drop a bit too early? His seiyuu didn't even try a kid's voice and it sounds completely off. Who thought that was okay? The biggest disappointment since the designs.

Brock (Takeshi) - It's kinda weird choice, but he's mixed. His design doesn't match his voice, but Sugita Tomokazu does a good job providing a different sounding voice. He would probably be better off as a different gym leader, not Brock. Then again, maybe I'm too used to Ash's Brock's voice and will wait until I see the anime before deciding.

Prof. Oak - Sounded too young. They did match his voice to his design, but it's, again, another voice probably better suited for one of the younger professors. Prof. Oak should sound like a mix of young and old and his seiyuu didn't do it in his clip.

Giovanni - While not menacing enough in his clip, he has the best potential so far. He's the only one I'm interested in hearing how he'll turn out. The seiyuu is capable of at least 2 different ranges, so he could pull off a great Giovanni. I guess it'll depend on what the anime gives him.

Despite my dislike of the seiyuu choices, the battle animation looked top notch. I hope it stays that way because I love me some amazing battles. I wonder if they'll have people telling us every move and what the battlers are doing like in Ash's anime...
Sep 20, 2013 9:41 PM

Sep 2011
Pokemon back to its roots! Too bad its just a special, god dammit!
Sep 21, 2013 7:29 AM
Jun 2011
is it me or in the upcoming new season of pokemon ash look like 16 years old and much older then the outher series? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqhN7b730jQ
Sep 26, 2013 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
10/10 going to watch this. Surprised to see that Tomokazu Sugita is going to portray Brock, but I think he'l do a sound job.
Sep 26, 2013 5:35 PM

Aug 2011
Sakarii said:
As someone who likes the fan version, I don't mind he doesn't look like that. I'm more mad at that they chose the FRLG design...

They're doing that because his original [game] design, while the first, is similar (seeing as this anime came second) to what Ash/Satoshi wore in the first season. Stupid yes, but they don't want people to confuse them.

The ONLY thing that pisses me off is the fact that Red's Seiyuu is Takeuchi. I like her voice, but... I just can't see it fitting with Red - not the fanmade, badass version. Just... Red. I don't like it.

Other than that, my body is completely ready for next week.

Sep 26, 2013 10:12 PM

Apr 2010
Might have to check it out since there's no Ash.
Sep 26, 2013 10:36 PM

Mar 2012
totally going to watch this, it just to bad that this a only a 1 episode special and not a tv series because if it was then i would totally watch it
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by deg »»
7 hours ago

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:59 PM

» 'Fumetsu no Anata e' Gets Third Anime Season

Vindstot - Mar 12, 2023

20 by Klazzama »»
Yesterday, 4:38 PM

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

15 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 12:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.