Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2013 4:12 PM

Apr 2008
Megaton said:
So I'm hearing that next week's episode is going to be a flashback. Manga readers, are they really going to shit the bed that hard and pull a flashback after the cliffhanger we had this week?

It's not gonna be that long. Chill the fuck out
Aug 11, 2013 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
Megaton said:
So I'm hearing that next week's episode is going to be a flashback. Manga readers, are they really going to shit the bed that hard and pull a flashback after the cliffhanger we had this week?

yep, they are going to show Levi's past when he was a kid. He was bullied a lot of times and then he decided to become strong. He trained hard and became the most famous thug known in their area.

It will be entertaining so no worries
Aug 11, 2013 4:20 PM

Apr 2013
piperz said:
Megaton said:

yep, they are going to show Levi's past when he was a kid. He was bullied a lot of times and then he decided to become strong. He trained hard and became the most famous thug known in their area.

"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 11, 2013 4:47 PM
Jul 2013
Megaton said:

Imma not be a dick and tell you outright: No, continue with the current pacing.

Also,
(For manga readers who watches the show)

Aug 11, 2013 4:58 PM

Nov 2012
Stark700 said:
Krista is a goddess XD.
VioLink said:

Damn,the FT killing those 3 recruits and swinging that one like a yo-yo was crazy.

Holy shit nearly had a heart attack when Eren imagined Levi getting killed by the FT.

Looking like Eren will be fighting her next episode.
VanishingKiraAug 11, 2013 5:03 PM
Aug 11, 2013 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
piperz said:
Megaton said:

As a Manga reader watching the anime...

Episode was great, although nothing really happened in terms of plot advancement. Mostly finding out that Reiner, Armin and Jean get saved by Christa (wanted to see how they play it out in the anime [^_^]), the FT slaughters everyone to display how dangerous she is, Irvin is up to something, FT chases Eren, and it ends with Levi shooting the flare.

For those that really want to have an idea of what to expect next episode...

Good episode as usual. Keep it up the next few ones and it will be the anime of the year.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 11, 2013 5:12 PM

Dec 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Isaristh said:
Biartz said:
If she's killing all those people around like that then why she left Armin alive (and Jean/Reiner)... The plothole is getting bigger.

There, happy now? Hope it was worth it. :3

This show continues to amaze me. I wish it wasn't only 30 minutes long, makes me feel like I just started to watch when it ends. Makes me want to buy the manga so I can maybe read further. :)

You lost that bet pal, no offense.

Ah good, I hate it when I guess the ending to things.
Aug 11, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
55555555555555555555/5

Awesome episode, damn I love it when an adaptation is even better than the original. Madhouse is amazing, Hunter x Hunter & Attack on Titan are what all adaptations should look like. Both in quality and content this episode was killer.
Aug 11, 2013 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
55555555555555555555/5

Awesome episode, damn I love it when an adaptation is even better than the original. Madhouse is amazing, Hunter x Hunter & Attack on Titan are what all adaptations should look like. Both in quality and content this episode was killer.

Madhouse doesn't have a part in this if you ment it that way.
UnchouAug 11, 2013 5:49 PM
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Aug 11, 2013 5:36 PM

Nov 2008
Woah yeah those subtitles made me watch this episode three times and I'm actually glad they made me go download a high quality mkv, the animation was amazing! So many details and such quality~~~ (~ _△_)~ it was great.

I have not read the manga and I won't any time soon because the anime is just too good at getting things riled up, so I actually don't know what is going on but I do have some sort of guess about this titan, which I'll put inside a spoiler button just in case:

In any case, if you do know please do not tell me if I'm right or wrong!

HattiewithSugar said:
FUUUUUUUUKKKKKKK!!!! DAT ENDING! I was waiting for Levi to scream "I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!!!!" at the end.

omg I kinda was too. i got so scared ˘ര‸ര

jacnoronha said:

on the right we can see an overly-happy-class titan

hahah I noticed him too. That's the exact same expression I had on my face when watching this ep in high quality. Exact. Same. Face. That titan gets me. Also, I'm attractive.

Just seven eps to go now. The series has caught such popularity, and there are just so many questions to be answered and so much to expand on, I'm sure there is going to be more SnK after this.
Aug 11, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2011
this episode 5/5

that female titan likes to play yo yo with people LITERALLY

i hate cliff hangers tho
Aug 11, 2013 5:47 PM

Feb 2013
I was kinda disappointed with this episode, it wasnt really any different from the last one except they went into the forest. Nothing knew is known and nothing really changed, and I looks like the Eren Titan vs. Female titan battle I wanted this week will be next week. I do wonder tho what levi meant when he said cover your ears as he readied the flare gun, some kind of sound emission that will stun the titan? But it did look good and now the next episode is set up nicely, if next week is the battle and it is awesome then its all worth it, like waiting forever for eren to move the boulder, worth it in the end.
[/url]
Aug 11, 2013 5:49 PM

Aug 2012
Good episode.

Krista being the Goddess she is. (So damn cute)
Commander Erwin making questionable orders.
Female Titan still wrecking everyone

Although I was hoping the female titan would confront Levi's squad sooner and we would see what she wanted from Eren, I'm still satisfied with how this episode went and I don't mind the pacing .
Aug 11, 2013 7:16 PM
Feb 2011
My gosh. I can't believe I'm seeing people seriously saying they consider Eren to be just a hothead or Eren/Armin being damsels in distress.

I'll spoiler the parts that weren't animated yet but seriously, it's a total joke, they've both grown quite a bit from when they were first introduced.

Armin
===
-Set up the plan to use Eren's titan form to clear the HQ.
-Set up the plan to clear kill the 7 titans down where the gas tanks were
-Set up the baseline for the Trost recapture plan (using the boulder).
-Quickly realized the Female Titan was looking for Eren and told his mates to cover their hoods. Plan didn't work but it was pretty smart.
-Saved Jean's life with his fake 'Avenge the one who sought to die so soon' to make her think Eren was dead.
-Realized the true purpose of Erwin's plan.

Eren
===
-Grew from his interactions with Jean (and vice-versa actually).
Aug 11, 2013 8:20 PM
Nov 2012
Is if possible for that episode to end with an even bigger cliff hanger!? I mean it was cut off right at the chase scene! " Everyone cover your ears."
Aug 11, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 2010
Woah there was A LOTOF KILLING HERE!!!
Woah the rampage the female titan caused
Felt so bad for the people who ,got swatched, slung around and kicked to the curve.
My brother thought I watched to much violence,screw that I see it for the action and to know why is the female titan there.

Love this episode
WTH cliffhanger
Aug 11, 2013 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
SalmonSandwich said:
Darklight0303 said:
n10sity said:
I want to see who is the badder Eoten/Titan, Eren or FT? Of course, I'm sure I won't get a chance to see. I'm sure they have a plan to get away from her and not fight her head on. And although Eren might have her beat in terms of strength. It seems the FT fighting abilities are on another level than Eren in his Titan form.

Ha. hahaha. Ha.

oh man people are in for a ride now....

AForgottenSoulAug 11, 2013 8:30 PM
Aug 11, 2013 8:33 PM
Nov 2011
watched subbed version of this who ever subbed the version i watched should be shot, the female titan kept getting called him, an also kept saying the word training over and over and even missed a few words to make the sentence look retarded
Aug 11, 2013 8:41 PM

Aug 2013
Ooooh I know what the flashback is going to be about, it's actually somewhat important cause it reveals some things, so don't get too upset about it.
Aug 11, 2013 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
Oh man the female titan is brutal

Aug 11, 2013 9:01 PM

Mar 2013
Calumz said:
SalmonSandwich said:
Darklight0303 said:
n10sity said:
I want to see who is the badder Eoten/Titan, Eren or FT? Of course, I'm sure I won't get a chance to see. I'm sure they have a plan to get away from her and not fight her head on. And although Eren might have her beat in terms of strength. It seems the FT fighting abilities are on another level than Eren in his Titan form.

Ha. hahaha. Ha.

Aug 11, 2013 9:32 PM
Jun 2013
Monad said:
arimpact said:
Monad said:
arimpact said:
Monad said:
BloodyNightsky said:

I mean , it's not like the female titan has blonde hair and blue eyes with similar traits like Annie , she's definitely Mikasa who has black hair and black eyes , the titan mode totally acts like a super saiyan transformation , right?right?

Let's not forget the nose. Annie is the only one with a very different nose from the others and the giant has the same nose.
Other thing that is a hint by itself(and i like how they say there is no hint) is because she's obviously not there. We can see all the others. Mikasa and the others are there so it's obviously not m. From all our main cast the one missing is her. How convenient that the one we can't see what it doing and is not with the others looks exactly like the giant attacking them.
[irony mod on]There is no way you can figure that out right?[irony mod off]
The little bitch probably didn't joy them so she can sneak and attack them. Quite possible humans are behind the whole giant thing or giants have a structure with brainless foot soldiers at bottoms and intelligent giants at the top that also infiltrate humans.

ok i hear this nose thing here and there. I can't really tell from the previous image, annie's nose looks like anyone else's to me. Generric anime nose.

If you have no ability whatsoever to see difference in artwork is not our fault. If everything looks the same to you is your problem.
Just look at this nose. Btw the pic itself is a hint also from episode 13(coughwhyshe's sayingsorrycough).

She has one of those slightly ugly noses that curve outside.
If you click on the following pic you will see the noses in red and blue that are the usual styles. Especially the one in red is very used in anime.

Just look at Mikasa nose.

Do you get it now?

no i don't, can you explain it again? this time add profanity and more of that know it all attitude into it please. Because clearly being an ass is one of the prereq for seeing these things.

I'm sorry my explanation wasn't to your liking.
Please fill this so i can understand your feelings better.

well I suppose to clarify, yes your thing about the nose does make sense, so thanks for that. But you are still an ass, and I suppose telling you the truth about you being arrogant means I'm butthurt so sure, I'm butthurt. I hope that makes your little ego feel better :), bye.
arimpactAug 11, 2013 9:43 PM
Aug 11, 2013 9:46 PM
Jan 2009
funny how most times bad stories or overdone tropes or bad art never kills an anime for me...

it's always the fans or haters.
Aug 11, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2012
Monad said:

I can't stop looking at her perfect nose
Aug 11, 2013 10:03 PM

Jan 2013
FirstFamiliar said:
Monad said:

Hanji BEST nose.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 11, 2013 11:05 PM

Nov 2012
Cabron said:
FirstFamiliar said:
Monad said:

Hanji BEST nose.

I can't say I agree
Someone should make a poll for best nose
Aug 11, 2013 11:23 PM
Dec 2012
attack on titan episode 18
man this female titan is killing so many recruits that it is not funny .
i find it stupid that they are running into the fight with the female titan so reckless in this episode . but i love the part when three people try to attack it and it pwns their asses in 5 secs and the titan kicking the guy on the house so funny and kick ass

team rocket joke ( and we are blasting off again )
Aug 11, 2013 11:34 PM

Jul 2013
nate1000man said:
attack on titan episode 18
man this female titan is killing so many recruits that it is not funny .
i find it stupid that they are running into the fight with the female titan so reckless in this episode . but i love the part when three people try to attack it and it pwns their asses in 5 secs and the titan kicking the guy on the house so funny and kick ass

team rocket joke ( and we are blasting off again )

Actually, those guys that ran into it were experienced scouts, which makes matters worse. They all think its just some abberant to, so they don't know what they actually get themselves into.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 12, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
WHAT A AWESOME EPISODE

DAT SEXY HOTTIE BADASS KILLER FEMALE TITAN WANNA HAVE SOME FUN

TowelBand said:
Ahahaha
http://youtu.be/wXBtdlu9Wkg
Love that Cliffhanger

LOL, nice

Stark700 said:

I want to marry her too.

Me too. Honestly, she is cute.

Yess, next episode Eren going titannnn. Can't wait
Aug 12, 2013 12:18 AM

May 2010
Awesome episode! That Female titan (that looks familiar) will be a trouble to put down though...
Can't wait for the next one.... (that's why i hate cliffhangers)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2013 12:21 AM
Apr 2011
SalmonSandwich said:
Calumz said:
SalmonSandwich said:
Darklight0303 said:
n10sity said:

Ha. hahaha. Ha.

Aug 12, 2013 1:14 AM

Jan 2012
i just caught up with the manga too,i wonder if the anime will end at chapter 30
Aug 12, 2013 1:45 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, this episode was goood.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Aug 12, 2013 2:18 AM
Jun 2013
That female titan's a beast. 9/10.
Aug 12, 2013 2:20 AM

Oct 2012
all that for a cliffhanger

action was awesome though

2/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Aug 12, 2013 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
FirstFamiliar said:
Cabron said:
FirstFamiliar said:
Monad said:

Hanji BEST nose.

I can't say I agree
Someone should make a poll for best nose
Just kidding man.
But I think it would be nice if there was one.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 12, 2013 3:19 AM
May 2013
Holy Shit!! This episode was intense! The cliffhanger the episode finished on was like WTF!!! - Next week needs to come fast!!!!
Aug 12, 2013 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
Decent ep. 6/10

Hope Levi doesn't die. Though I'm assuming he will eventually, since this show has been kind of cliche thus far, despite trying so hard to seem original. The theme is original, but that's about it from what I've seen.

Also a fan of Sasha. Food over survival. Food over bitches. Food over errythang. Plus situations just seem more lighthearted when she's around.

I have a pretty good idea of who the female titan is too, unfortunately, since you cant read anything/anywhere online without some fantard spoiling it for you, or pretending to not have read the manga, while proceeding to "guess" and divulge literally everything in the series.

Anyways, I hope the show gets better. I think it's good, but a bit overrated thus far, if you ask me. Everything hes been pretty straightforward, and the lack of individual character development has really been a turn off for me. When Marco died, I just kind of felt like.. uhhh, who the fuck is Marco? I mean, I knew who he was, but I didn't KNOW who he was.
Aug 12, 2013 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
Vogue- said:
Decent ep. 6/10

Hope Levi doesn't die. Though I'm assuming he will eventually, since this show has been kind of cliche thus far, despite trying so hard to seem original. The theme is original, but that's about it from what I've seen.

Also a fan of Sasha. Food over survival. Food over bitches. Food over errythang. Plus situations just seem more lighthearted when she's around.

I have a pretty good idea of who the female titan is too, unfortunately, since you cant read anything/anywhere online without some fantard spoiling it for you, or pretending to not have read the manga, while proceeding to "guess" and divulge literally everything in the series.

Anyways, I hope the show gets better. I think it's good, but a bit overrated thus far, if you ask me. Everything hes been pretty straightforward, and the lack of individual character development has really been a turn off for me. When Marco died, I just kind of felt like.. uhhh, who the fuck is Marco? I mean, I knew who he was, but I didn't KNOW who he was.

Your score is subjective, so I won't argue with that. However, I'll argue with your points, which I'm not agreeing with.

Doubt Isayama will go as far as kill off Levi, seeing as he hasn't killed off many named characters... yet.

Marco himself is not that much a character true. They made him a bit more significant in the manga. Marco's death however, changes Jean big time. Have you not noticed how different he is now from episode 3? I think he has evolved to become one of the most relatable in the series. Armin also developed from nihilistic cry baby to a strategist that deduced the FT upon first sight. More individual development later on, but these two chaps have developed the most atm.

How straight forward is everything at the moment? Troops are dropping like flies, no one (besides Levi, Erwin and Armin) seems to know what is actually going on and the identity of the FT (though IMO, I'd be concerned about her motives). And wtf are titans really anyway? Nothing is really straight forward (though in the manga, were starting to get an idea).

This show hasn't avoided all the cliches true, but its more or less more original than the majority of other shounens out there (finish the first season, and you might change your mind).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Aug 12, 2013 4:55 AM

Jul 2013
Chrysta..
Is she goddess ?? Great line..
Damnnn.. That female titan is so smart.
Wish titans at least wore underwears... It is very disturbing to watch them naked wandering around.
Chasing scene is so damn gripping
Aug 12, 2013 6:14 AM

Oct 2010
Are we literally getting nowhere every week?
Aug 12, 2013 6:24 AM

Apr 2008
merurin said:

Yea if you have a faulty definition for getting anywhere.
Aug 12, 2013 6:34 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, I just hope I could see Levi's scary face? Maybe he's scary :)

Stark700 said:
Intense episode. Dat fucking cliffhanger.

Amarrez said:
Jeez, that's one hell of a cliffhanger.

And one hell of an endcard.

I just love these end cards :3

Lol Sasha

Darklight0303 said:
merurin said:

Yea if you have a faulty definition for getting anywhere.

Hmm.. just enjoy the intense fight?

achmed-sama said:
Chrysta..
Is she goddess ?? Great line..
Damnnn.. That female titan is so smart.
Wish titans at least wore underwears... It is very disturbing to watch them naked wandering around.
Chasing scene is so damn gripping

It's Christa megami-sama for you xD
No pantsu please :)
Actually it's not naked but skinless (with those red muscle and flesh)
"Signature removed"
Aug 12, 2013 7:23 AM

Feb 2012
Damn FT is fucking hot. Way more intense than the manga.
Aug 12, 2013 7:40 AM
May 2012
Oh god Krista <3 more screen time please!!

Well the FT has gone apeshit huh.

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Aug 12, 2013 7:42 AM

Oct 2011
Lol this season is gonna end on the biggest fucking cliff hanger ever LOL!! I love how she spun that guy around, she looked like yakuza lmao. Next episode is going to be insaneeee, get to see levi's squad in action ( however long they last rofllll).
Aug 12, 2013 8:08 AM

May 2011
Lmao at everyone's reactions to Krista. "I want to marry her" haha. Me too...

Oh god even the elites have no idea what's going on, though Levi looked surprising calm there at the end tho. Shit is getting real intense now. Hoping to see an Eren vs Female Titan fight.
Aug 12, 2013 8:23 AM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed it all the way up to that stupid fuckin cliffhanger... What's a flare gun going to do?

I want to add woman titan to my faves but I can't :(
Aug 12, 2013 9:16 AM
Jul 2013
merurin said:

Episode 17:

• Inside the wall => Outside the wall (OH SHIT, WE GOT NOWHERE)
  • Meets stupid titans => Meets Female Titan (OH SHIT, WE GOT NOWHERE AGAIN)

Episode 18:

• Outside the wall => Into giant forest (OH SHIT, WE STANDING STILL)
  • Lots of troops => Troops get killed like ants (IMMA DROP DIS SHIT, WE AIN GOIN NOWHERE)
Aug 12, 2013 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
shit this titan is really never get old for me! XD
just watched the sub version twice! XD
lol still awesome for me.. XD
especially when this!
VioLink said:

So cold blooded!

VioLink said:

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

FUCK YEAHH!! XD FRESH BLOOD! XD

and in the end.. finally she meet eren oh shit.. DAT SMILE!
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
Today, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
Today, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1652 by savvyOW »»
May 2, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1554 by bohhhh_ciao »»
Apr 30, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.