Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Aug 31, 2013 5:26 AM

Aug 2009
Raziel1991 said:
ssjokg said:
Raziel1991 said:
Yeah I know that, but doesnt his Independant Action skill allow him to remain in the world for some time even after his spiritual core is crtically damaged?

Not sure where you got this.

Type Moon wiki

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Parameters_and_Skills#Independent_Action

B: Capable of remaining in this world for two days without an established contract. Also capable of living on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage on his spiritual core. What I mean is,where is the source on that?
Aug 31, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
We don't even know what Archer did. We just know is that he left after the fight and appeared later. For all we know he could have been eating humans. And as we saw with caster, he would have no problems doing that

It is a possibility and could happen as the very last resort even if it goes against his char and role as a Counter Guardian to attack unrelated people, but we dont know.
That we dont know what happened is the problem.

In Touma's case though we know some other effects of his power.Even that he keeps getting up again and again could be said to be his right arm's
instead of his own willlpower.
Sep 8, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2007
Forgetfulness said:

So...now that I've caught up with the episodes, I wanna ask which part you were referring to when you said that Misaka made an asspull. Cause I can't remember a scene like that :|

It's not in Railgun S, it's in the novel later on.

I don't think it's an ass pull however, given it fits perfectly with what her abilities are capable of (I feel the same in regards to Touma's actions thus far in Railgun) and is entirely reasonable based on the information we have on Biribiri and her intelligence in regards to how she can use her power even on the fly. I've got no intentions of entering this discussion, so neither of you pull me in please.
TallonKarrde23Sep 8, 2013 4:48 PM
Sep 9, 2013 4:11 AM

Aug 2009
Actually it is in a Railgun novel and is the arc that many wanted to see after the Sister's arc.
It was an asspull on the level of "hey I can also do this even if I never said that before".Yes she has the ability and intelligence to do it,it still came out of nowhere especially when according to the narration she thought it right then and didnt know the details of the whole thing.

If we had a similar scene with Touma:

Hell people called the event in the end
Sep 20, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2013
this episode is sooooooo moving . Mikoto cries ;(
Sep 22, 2013 5:02 PM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
Actually it is in a Railgun novel and is the arc that many wanted to see after the Sister's arc.
It was an asspull on the level of "hey I can also do this even if I never said that before".Yes she has the ability and intelligence to do it,it still came out of nowhere especially when according to the narration she thought it right then and didnt know the details of the whole thing.

If we had a similar scene with Touma:

Hell people called the event in the end
probably just some unreasonable touma hate. despite the fact that most people who reads the light novels seems to love/like kamijou, there's still quite a few who hates him with quite a few unreasonable opinions(though some can give good reasons as too why). glad to see there was little to no touma hate this adaption and for my final hope is that he achieves rank 1 in light novel character popularity poll again or stays in the top 5 again.
Sep 27, 2013 10:59 PM

Sep 2011
Cloudy-Sky said:
AWWW MY GOOOOOOOOOD. This episode was godlike. Like really it was sooooooooooooooo well made.

Cant say it better myself. GODLIKE

Probably one of the most well done episodes I have ever seen out of every anime I have ever seen in my life.
Sep 30, 2013 12:58 PM

May 2012
Dat ending <3 Really lovely episode and well I can't just get enough from Misaka and Touma!
Oct 16, 2013 1:57 AM

Oct 2011
Touma x Misaka love quarrel <3 I love this episode. Better than the Index version
Oct 23, 2013 6:24 PM

Oct 2011
Great. Great episode. Great. Great. Great.

I can't really find words to describe the episode, I really like it in Index but this time.. wow. Though Mikoto's tears in the end looked a bit big. Not like it matters. :P
Nov 6, 2013 3:40 AM

Dec 2010
Oh, yes, they made a remake of one of the most dramatic episodes in TMNI, and they did it really well. I mean it wasn't good enough back in TMNI, even though I felt that the whole scene was really dramatic even back then it lacked something.
Nov 9, 2013 2:59 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

While reviewing it and trying yet another déjà vu, I agree to consider it in all respects, better than I saw in TAMnI. Here the undergrowth of thoughts and reflections fans rise dialogues and they are able to understand melgar because you have no way to assimilate it easy! Great value also has graphics that due to the mimicry makes it true!
Narration as I said, very nice you can taste the sadness and pain of the protagonist and the idiot Touma becomes tremendously badass with that interpretation! ^ _ ^
Very beautiful designs and animations good.
Kuroko less positive protagonist! XD
Nov 29, 2013 4:47 PM

Jun 2011
dniv said:
I will review again after subtitles.

Initial Perception:

OST: 13/10.

Animation: 14/10.

Content: Sum of the harmonic series (infinity)/10

Presentation: 12/10.

Enjoyment: What do you think it is? :D
^ This

This episode was perfection! Damn I loved it so much :,D
Dec 19, 2013 8:42 PM

Jul 2008
This was a great episode. I just wish I liked Touma. While yes, he is helping Mikoto, it annoys me for some reason. He learns about the plan and helps her end it within one day. She has been fighting this for weeks alone, trying everything. And Touma can just come and fix it.
Dec 20, 2013 3:31 PM
Mar 2013
GarLogan78 said:
This was a great episode. I just wish I liked Touma. While yes, he is helping Mikoto, it annoys me for some reason. He learns about the plan and helps her end it within one day. She has been fighting this for weeks alone, trying everything. And Touma can just come and fix it.
who said touma ended this all by himself? where do people keep getting this idea since it was obvious mikoto and the sisters played a major role in helping him to win i mean he would have been dead without their help.

secondly if mikoto had fought she wouldn't put up much of a challenge since its pretty much almost impossible to get though that dam shield of hes. what i see is a pulverized bribri smashed into(whatever your mind comes up in this part since i can't find the right word to put in here besides a smashed potato).

3rd while touma plot armor during this fight was pretty bad the situation would have been much worse if all of a sudden mikoto had an ability to bypass Accelerator shield out of nowhere which would probably be one of the biggest asspull in anime history ever i mean even crappy shows like naruto well look more realistic then that.

4th if you think im insulting bribri im surely not because i adore her character very much as being one of the most well made female leads and hate the idea of her dieing and yes i well acknowledge touma involvement was pretty bad in storytelling but at the end that is what hes role is meant to be in Raildex and is arguably annoying since he is a bit of a Du Ex Machina but i can easily ignore that since i love hes character.
Dec 20, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2009
If Touma is a DEM,has plot armor,hax powers because of his powers, then what about every other char?
Dec 20, 2013 7:49 PM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
If Touma is a DEM,has plot armor,hax powers because of his powers, then what about every other char?
i agree that touma plot armor isnt the worst of the worst among shounen series as well as the fact that he doesnt save everyone and it helps that he isnt an underdog that solo every boss fight which is one of the few reasons i love him. and like you said every characters have plot armor like accelerator for example against hes fight with kihara or the few half asspull mikoto makes. every characters have this issue but plenty of anime viewers tends to not notice them and especially to their favorite characters where they blindly believe they have anti plot armor and that especially goes to accelerator fans(im a big fan of his character so don't get me wrong im not bashing him). but all in all i hope you get my point.
Dec 20, 2013 8:16 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't meant to imply that I think there was necessarily a better way to end the arc. It just annoys me that Touma is able to step in and fix everything (though he doesn't do it alone). I can't offer a better alternative, I just don't like it.

I guess I would have rather Mikoto involved other Railgun characters instead of keeping everything a secret. But I know it was to protect them...and even more so just because Railgun is a side-story to an already existing plot. This is just meant to flesh out and give a different POV on something Index already covered.

Dec 20, 2013 9:01 PM
Mar 2013
GarLogan78 said:
I didn't meant to imply that I think there was necessarily a better way to end the arc. It just annoys me that Touma is able to step in and fix everything (though he doesn't do it alone). I can't offer a better alternative, I just don't like it.

I guess I would have rather Mikoto involved other Railgun characters instead of keeping everything a secret. But I know it was to protect them...and even more so just because Railgun is a side-story to an already existing plot. This is just meant to flesh out and give a different POV on something Index already covered.

i know you didn't mean any harm or that crap and im pretty grateful you actually tried to like kamijou with how you stated in your previous post but at the end if the railgun girls were involved they would have been easily dealt with from accelerator and im pretty sure no one wants them dead(unless you hate them to such high extend). so all in all no big deal so i wouldn't worry much since the next arc involves the railgun girls together again in case your curious.
Dec 21, 2013 6:58 PM
Mar 2013
GarLogan78 said:

You could also think about it this way. This arc demonstrated an inkling of just how dark Academy City's Darkness is. Part of the unfairness of everything that Mikoto is going through, culminates when she cries out for help. The fact that Touma can save Mikoto, but she can't save herself even though she's one of the 7 level fives highlights the fact that almost everyone in the city is powerless in the face of Academy City's darkness. This makes their victory somewhat saddening at the same time. I think this is one of the larger points glossed over when people see this.

Some of her clones have already died, Mikoto felt guilty enough to blow up laboratories and offer killing herself to stop the project. The city is messed up. The fact that only Touma seems to be able to save her, isn't happy or nice. That's part of the reason why this arc is so bone-chillingly good. If everything were simple, and the weak could always beat the strong, Academy City wouldn't even exist. This, as opposed to many shonen series, in my opinion, doesn't have much plot armor scenes (Anything that looks like plot armor just results from the viewer not knowing nearly enough about the series...It's pretty complicated without a lot of important details). If characters should lose, they'll probably lose, and the same thing happens with winning fights.
Dec 21, 2013 8:47 PM
Mar 2013
dniv said:
GarLogan78 said:

You could also think about it this way. This arc demonstrated an inkling of just how dark Academy City's Darkness is. Part of the unfairness of everything that Mikoto is going through, culminates when she cries out for help. The fact that Touma can save Mikoto, but she can't save herself even though she's one of the 7 level fives highlights the fact that almost everyone in the city is powerless in the face of Academy City's darkness. This makes their victory somewhat saddening at the same time. I think this is one of the larger points glossed over when people see this.

Some of her clones have already died, Mikoto felt guilty enough to blow up laboratories and offer killing herself to stop the project. The city is messed up. The fact that only Touma seems to be able to save her, isn't happy or nice. That's part of the reason why this arc is so bone-chillingly good. If everything were simple, and the weak could always beat the strong, Academy City wouldn't even exist. This, as opposed to many shonen series, in my opinion, doesn't have much plot armor scenes (Anything that looks like plot armor just results from the viewer not knowing nearly enough about the series...It's pretty complicated without a lot of important details). If characters should lose, they'll probably lose, and the same thing happens with winning fights.
Dniv you know im not trying to insult the touMAN or anything but allot of the injuries he took should have killed him 3x over.
Dec 22, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2009
Goldzero said:
dniv said:
GarLogan78 said:

Dniv you know im not trying to insult the touMAN or anything but allot of the injuries he took should have killed him 3x over.
Losing an arm and the amount of blood that comes with that is way more lethal than any injury in any other battle he had up to NT volume 8.What did he do then?
And he did it again some months later.
Jan 7, 2014 12:22 AM

Nov 2012
yeah.. touma has found the papper :3 this is it.. the battle is near!!! XDD gonna love it I think..
damn touma! what a guy.. that moment when misaka giving her lap to touma <3
yeah.. that blushing face of misaka <3
Feb 23, 2014 8:54 AM

Jan 2011
damn that cat is tough to kill
i guess Touma only let a fraction Misakas power touch him? otherwise he should be dead
Feb 23, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2009
silversaint said:
damn that cat is tough to kill
i guess Touma only let a fraction Misakas power touch him? otherwise he should be dead

It is stated in the light novel that Misaka was subconsciously holding back.Touma cant choose between letting some power affect him or negating everything.His hand always negates whatever supernatural phenomena it comes into contact with.Other wise he wouldnt be in shitty situations further in the story(as in negating healing magic that was cast on him)
Apr 12, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was fantastic. That whole entire bridge scene was so much better than the one in Index. Not really sure if it was the higher budget overall and better technology but one thing for sure is they used the OST WAY more efficiently and I think Rina Satou's skills as a voice actor simply improved a lot compared to what it was back in Index. 6/5
Apr 26, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2009
So many feels on this episode... had to make a gif set as well:

http://deventh.tumblr.com/post/83875013882/toumaxmisakaep14
May 18, 2014 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
Touma now knows all the truth about the clones.... thats good but weird at the same time,i mean how does Touma discovers about all that and not being even a close friend and Shirai that is like a sister didn't discovered...
Touma is the only guy that is supporting her.This Touma is such a BOSS! OMG What a man,what a guy!He is the real one.He is awesome <3 He didn't step back....wow :D I admire him.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 18, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
accelerator vs touma next! so much nostalgia from index

Jun 30, 2014 11:21 PM

Apr 2012
Touma enters mc mode
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jul 15, 2014 12:41 AM

Mar 2014
saltncheese said:
Kamijou Touma...the man who can't be moved.

I was thinking the same thing. xD
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 21, 2014 9:10 PM

Jan 2014
oh holy crap, that was a really good episode. the ost fits the mood well, and the animation is very smooth.

9999/10
Recommend me an anime
Aug 29, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2014
I loved this episode. One of the best of this series. A pretty nice OST to accompany the bridge scene. Much better done than the Index series. Accelerator vs Touma NEXT TIME!
Sep 12, 2014 9:43 AM
Sep 2013
Touma Vs Accelerator wonder how different its going to be compared to index fight. Ost was pretty good in this episode. Misaka monologues sound so sad.
Sep 14, 2014 12:07 AM

Sep 2013
No one can stop the Tou-MAN train : /
Not even being a supporting character
Sep 23, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2013
Meh, Index again with some added things..
Jan 5, 2015 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
>MFW the episode end

Seriously, I had already seen that scene in the first season of Index, but it hit way harder in that season. When you knows all the despair that she was carrying, it was really heartbreaking to see Misaka being that desperated to the point of killing herself. I even shed a few manly tears :'(

Well, I guess a lot of us were waiting for that episode. Probably the best of the Toaru serie. It really have an impact that no other episodes give.

Biribiri got ToumaPunched right in the heart. Goddamnit, autor, makes that shit OTP already for fuck sake!!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 12, 2015 8:31 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, that bridge scene was just perfect. It really conveyed the burden Misaka has been carrying and the relief that came with having someone to confide in. This has been a huge step up from season 1 so far without a dull moment to spare.
Jun 26, 2015 5:27 AM

Dec 2014
Re-watched for the nth time.... This episode is really good...

:)

Touma x Mikoto

>///<
Nov 6, 2015 11:56 PM
Apr 2015
TallonKarrde23 said:
MoonxArtemis said:

The fact that the heroine, the main protagonist, would turn out to be a damsel in distress needing her prince to come save her killed it all.

Uh, this isn't the first time she was helpless without him in Railgun, she was a "damsel in distress needing her prince" in season 1 already. Otherwise her, a loli, and Uiharu would all be fucking dead right now. Just a reminder. Actually, THAT time she was a damsel in distress - this time she's not fitting into that at all.

Claiming she "needs" him in this situation is a bit inaccurate - she CHOSE to be in this situation, so NOW she needs him, but if she just said fuck the clones and was a total piece of shit she could walk away unharmed and fine. She could have never got involved in the first place. Plus, she didn't need him - she had an option, it was a fucking stupid one, but really it makes sense both as a solution and for the character to have come to that idea out of desperation. So claiming she "needed" him in that aspect is also wrong.

You can't use the stupid feminist trope of whining about the "damsel in distress" when she isn't that - she's a girl choosing to fight against a force she has no need to fight. It's not like Accelerator is after her and Touma stepped in or something - she's going out of her way to put herself in a situation she simply can't handle without going to a very extreme plan (letting Accel kill her). I mean, really, will you claim any series that has a female character end up needing help is just pulling the damsel in distress card? Yes, she was remembering her own words from a prior episode, but the actual idea of it does not fit in the context you're using it in. She's getting help from a friend because he's factually, within the story, more capable of fighting this specific enemy. This wouldn't apply in the case of the girls - none of them have an ability capable of fighting Accelerator and would with about a 100% probability be ripped to pieces and brutally killed like all the clones and like Biribiri herself (who is also the strongest of the group). It's funny, you're complaining about her being a damsel in distress only because a male stepped in to help her, yet you'd be fine if some girl was there instead - please keep your feminist and women empowerment issues from infecting anime discussions so needlessly.

Nov 7, 2015 12:08 AM
Apr 2015
Dang - why does the pole only go up to 5? 5 cannot describe a god-tier episode like this.
Feb 29, 2016 6:06 PM

Mar 2015
I'm not a fan of repetitive story-line but this is more detailed than the Index I.
Did Misaka cry during Index I??? I don't remember.

This is out of discussion but if Misaka sister was born with long hair, how much time did the scientist spend on cutting 20,000 worth hair??

3.4/5
Mar 30, 2016 6:46 PM

Mar 2015
This episode is god-tier! OH god! The feels! Railgun S nailed it better than Index I.

Holy SHIT! Taking Misaka's POV and learning about her dark secret and what she's thinking. Best Toaru series.

Touma x Misaka OTP. +Misaka 10032 cause why not?

Sep 22, 2016 9:22 AM

Aug 2014
TallonKarrde23 said:
Also, this is an episode of Index I've seen and from what I remember it was handled like most of Index and didn't really evoke much of any feelings for me. Maybe that's a fault with the anime adaptation rather than the source material, but this time both Biribiri and Touma were just fucking incredibly handled in the whole bridge scene. The music and art in Railgun S in comparison is obviously much better in this scene - but the voice acting is what really got me. Rina Satou pulled off an amazing and beautiful performance, probably the best yet that I've heard from her as Mikoto or in any of her other roles. Probably one of the best performances I've heard in anime in general.

Actually, this entire EPISODE is probably one of the very best things I've seen in anime in my experience. It was really just fucking incredible.
Personally I didn't find Index's portrayal of the scene particularly at fault. It's kind of hard to explain, but there just something missing from it that Railgun captured. Perhaps it was the perspective that really changed it for me.

We all know that Touma isn't picky about who he chooses to save. Him helping Mikoto and the Sisters isn't anything out of the ordinary. Sure we know the experiments are bad and we see how horrible they are. But we never get to truly see Mikoto's perspective of it. Her despair at trying multiple different ideas and all of them failing one after the other.

Knowing all of this information and looking back at Index, I can certainly appreciate the adaptation more, even though I prefer Railgun's overall. And on your other point I have to agree, it probably was the best episode in the entire series.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Nov 6, 2016 11:14 PM

Jun 2011
5/5, or 10/10 whichever you prefer, amazing episode and that bridge scene!!! That bridge scene was probably the singular best scene in the entirety of Index anime for me, as a testament to that, it was the most memorable/fond scene to me, and I still remember it even though I've only seen Index once almost a decade ago, and from that point on, ToumaxBiribiri became a thing I furiously pursuit. Greatly written, greatly animated. TouMAN is bestbro.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 13, 2017 7:56 PM

Dec 2013
The bridge scene was even more amazing than in Index. Dem Mikasa tears ;_;
Mar 26, 2017 3:06 AM

Aug 2013
Please don't crai mikoto.... T^T
Aug 2, 2017 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
WOW. GOD TIER EPISODE.
And I think best in the series yet, in terms of emotions of course.

The scene in S1 didn't leave an impact but damn, this episode hit right in the feels.
And I actually saw Touma being really cool for once out there.

Can't handle Misaka crying like that. Even I teared up a little bit. My poor cutie :( Just wait Touma resolves everything and all, girl :)
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.