Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 10, 2013 12:09 AM

Jun 2011
I've been hearing for a while that Togashi keeps going on Hiatus. I've been researching and trying to find out why he keeps doing this but haven't really gotten anywhere. I know he gets stressed out a lot and has trouble keeping deadlines. But is there an actual announced reason as to why he's on hiatus? Does he not like drawing Hunter x Hunter? I really hope not. It's one of my favourite series. Could he be working on the chapters at his own pace instead of trying to pump a chapter out every week and get stressed? I've yet to buy and read the manga, but I hope he starts making the chapters again soon. I hope the popularity the anime is getting makes him work hard again, if he isn't writing the chapters secretly.

Is he secretly working on the chapters or is he just lazy? I think if he worked on the chapters at his own pace it would be a lot better than what I've heard it has been recently. I hear that the art is rushed. I hope the story is still good, like I said I haven't read the manga yet.
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!
May 10, 2013 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
rumors says his addicted to playing dragon quest game or that his hands are in pain so he cannot draw so if that is the case i hope he gave up on drawing hunter x hunter and just hire an artist so that he can focus on the story making alone
May 10, 2013 12:52 AM

May 2012
As long as he keeps the story interesting and worth reading/watching then idm if he's a bit lazy or w.e with his work. I'd rather have quality than quantity, and I reckon the quality would be shit if he was being forced into making more chapters. It's best for him to be in the mood that way he'd provide better stuff.
May 31, 2013 10:00 AM
Apr 2010
This is why I haven't started reading the manga.
Mar 14, 2014 8:25 PM

Nov 2012
He's a lazy gamer who keep spending his time on video games, ignoring his ongoing manga and fans. he's a great mangaka, isn't he ?
Mar 15, 2014 1:46 AM

Jun 2011
I think the best thing he can do is request that he moves to JUMP Square or something. He'll have more time to meet deadlines without getting stressed, and we'll ACTUALLY get content. I don't mind waiting a month for a chapter once I catch up, it's a lot better than waiting 5 years. Once the anime ends he will really have to get his ass into gear, otherwise there will be a lot of new angry fans with pitch forks and torches on his doorstep.
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!
Mar 15, 2014 2:35 AM
Feb 2011
TakeshiKun said:
I think the best thing he can do is request that he moves to JUMP Square or something. He'll have more time to meet deadlines without getting stressed, and we'll ACTUALLY get content. I don't mind waiting a month for a chapter once I catch up, it's a lot better than waiting 5 years.

He could move anytime to any Magazine he wants to but he doesn't WANT to. He has a sweet deal with WSJ. He basically draws when he wants to draw and doesn't when he doesn't want to. The thing is he rather spends his time fucking his wife, being there for his kids, traveling, reading books and playing games. So he often has no interest in making manga. During his publication he mostly bitched about how hard it is.

TakeshiKun said:
Once the anime ends he will really have to get his ass into gear, otherwise there will be a lot of new angry fans with pitch forks and torches on his doorstep.

He does NOT CARE about fans. What shall they do? Write angry letters (he doesn't read them), write angry massages on forums? (He doesn’t read them). Stop buying Manga? (He has 1 Million fans that showed that they will buy the Manga no matter how many hiatus he makes.
In fact one should assume that he will never resume or just end the Manga anytime without resolving anything. BECAUSE he does not CARE
Mar 17, 2014 10:24 PM

Mar 2013
the sooner people learn togashi is a lazy prick the better.
Mar 24, 2014 6:32 PM

Dec 2011
Not working on HxH doesn't make Togashi a bad person. I mean damn some of you guys sure do feel entitled to anything and everything. First off, we don't know for sure what his reason is for not continuing the story. Sure it could be laziness, or it might be something else he doesn't want to broadcast to the entire world. Or heck, what if the guy just has a major case of writer's block and doesn't want to ruin his story by attempting to release chapters when he's not prepared for it.

Point being, we don't really know what he's up to or why. But the guy has a family and a life to live. He can choose to work at his own pace or drop the story entirely, that wouldn't make him a bad person.

Most of the fans of HxH still manage to enjoy his story just fine even though its incomplete. If knowing that HxH will never be finished causes you to not like the story or author anymore, that's sort of your loss.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2014 6:36 PM

Feb 2013
He's just a lazy ass.

Mar 24, 2014 7:33 PM

Nov 2012
LayedBack said:
Not working on HxH doesn't make Togashi a bad person.

Yeah, we don't know him personally to judge him as a person. but when it comes to him being a mangaka (manga author) ? yes, i can say he's a bad one. i'm not saying he doesn't do a good job, no, HxH is perfect. but he just don't give a flying shit about his fans who are just sitting there waiting for him to release a chapter.
Apr 2, 2014 10:48 AM

Mar 2012
gissellebatista said:
He's just a lazy ass.

You just said everything.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.