Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 29, 2013 4:27 AM
Sep 7, 2013 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
The more I am watching this series the more I want to play Fate route again. Don't get me wrong first half of this series is pretty good up to episode 13 or so but after that it lacks emotions in the moments where there should be ones. This episode was somehow true to the game and I was glad they brought up some of Shirou's thougths again but in VN that bridge scene with Saber and Shirou had much bigger impact in terms of emotions. For some reason I didn't see any affection or love between those two in this anime. And this episode even failed to explain that reason why Shirou took Saber on this date in the first place - to show her she can live in this world, to let her know he cares for her, to have some fun at least, to recognize her as human being.

It saddens me because in the game those characters had their very reason to act this way but sadly this reason is almost nonexistent here.

ssjokg said:
But Rin goes on a date too....

I still think that Rin's date during UBW is lot better because both of them goes with him.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Zach-chanMar 6, 2022 12:40 PM
Sep 19, 2013 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
I loved the date scene ^__^
I kinda wish that this episode would've just ended happily with them heading home, but whatever.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that when Rin started to laugh, I also started to laugh XD
May 17, 2014 7:44 PM
Jun 2013
I personally really enjoyed this episode.I know some say dont have any chemestry but from episode 1 till now I personally feel it.I also felt both had their points on the bridge scene.The only off part was shirou running away after the argument.Wellp on to the next episode.
Jul 10, 2014 3:25 PM

Dec 2010
Rin's reaction mirrored my own, hahahahaha.

Shirou's really selfish and naive, but he sucks at talk no jutsu so he really fails at the end of the day. He and Saber are a horrible match anyway, imo.

I still can't perceive how he

StardustReverie said:
Honestly, I'm not watching this for the plot anymore and shirou and saber can just fuck off. I'm watching this for Rin.
This, lol.
MeritasAug 7, 2014 5:36 AM
Jul 11, 2014 8:25 AM

Sep 2013
Meritas said:
I still can't perceive how he _____________.

For the sake of everyone who didn't spoil themselves already, you should spoiler tag the part that isn't revealed in the story, even though hints were dropped.

But to answer this (only read it if you want an answer):

CapsuleCoreJul 11, 2014 8:33 AM
Jul 11, 2014 8:39 AM

Oct 2013
C-Core said:
Meritas said:
I still can't perceive how he _____________.

For the sake of everyone who didn't spoil themselves already, you should spoiler tag the part that isn't revealed in the story, even though hints were dropped.

Jul 11, 2014 8:45 AM

Sep 2013
-Riptide- said:
C-Core said:

Jul 11, 2014 8:57 AM

Oct 2013
C-Core said:
-Riptide- said:

OT since we're now talking about things completely unrelated to the episode: I used to like the date scene when I first saw it. Thought it was pretty cute. Well that was before I read the vn so..
Jul 11, 2014 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
-Riptide- said:

OT since we're now talking about things completely unrelated to the episode: I used to like the date scene when I first saw it. Thought it was pretty cute. Well that was before I read the vn so..

The date scene was kinda okay. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it that much either. It's easier to understand in the VN why Shirou acts the way he does in Fate/the anime series, but even Nasu admitted he made a mistake with all the "but Saber is a girl" crap, since he feared people wouldn't believe that she really is.
Jul 11, 2014 9:17 AM

Oct 2013
C-Core said:
-Riptide- said:

The date scene was kinda okay. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it that much either. It's easier to understand in the VN why Shirou acts the way he does in Fate/the anime series, but even Nasu admitted he made a mistake with all the "but Saber is a girl" crap, since he feared people wouldn't believe that she really is.

Jul 11, 2014 9:34 AM

Sep 2013
-Riptide- said:
C-Core said:

CapsuleCoreJul 11, 2014 9:41 AM
Jul 11, 2014 9:53 AM

Oct 2013
C-Core said:
-Riptide- said:

[spoiler]Oh you're right. It still would've been awesome to see Shirou transform into Kiritsugu.
Damn if only Nasu made the Ilya route a choice in the game.[/spoilers]
Jul 11, 2014 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
C-Core said:

[spoiler]That isnt necessary since HS/CG exist out of time and space axis(or whatever, too lazy to look up the actual term).I cant imagine Rin NOT using the pendant to summon "the best Servant".
Archer-origins route must be a Fate like route(maybe with a little bit HF in it).Archer knew about Saber's wish and had a certain attitude towards it and in Fate, the only thing that Shirou learned was how to trace and it was nowhere near UBW route level. The RM is what it takes years to learn.
Jul 12, 2014 12:51 AM

Sep 2013
ssjokg said:
C-Core said:

[spoiler]That isnt necessary since HS/CG exist out of time and space axis(or whatever, too lazy to look up the actual term).I cant imagine Rin NOT using the pendant to summon "the best Servant".
Archer-origins route must be a Fate like route(maybe with a little bit HF in it).Archer knew about Saber's wish and had a certain attitude towards it and in Fate, the only thing that Shirou learned was how to trace and it was nowhere near UBW route level. The RM is what it takes years to learn.
[/quote]

CapsuleCoreJul 12, 2014 7:56 AM
Jul 12, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
[spoiler]I used to think that way when I learned his identity,before reading the VN, but after that I came to the conclusion that such a start isnt needed.
Sure a timeline where Rin summons a different HS may be possible(by some kind of miracle(or curse) she didnt use the pendant) but it doesnt have to be EMIYA's origin.
I mean, I find it very weird for Shirou to be saved by the pendant but then for that to result to nothing, because she somehow didnt use it for the summoning.
Aug 21, 2014 9:45 PM

Aug 2012
It looks like heavy stuff is going down in the next episode.
hype
Aug 25, 2014 12:43 AM

Mar 2012
If a woman is staring void on the top of a bridge for hours, no wonder, she is going to suicide!
People must have reported this situation to police in real life.
People must have...
WHAT PEOPLE? WHY ISN'T THERE ANYONE AROUND? WHY IS THE CITY EMPTY ALL THE TIME??
Feb 24, 2015 4:53 AM

Apr 2013
Thought this episode would be funnier than that, Shirou doesn't really know how to date huh?
Apr 22, 2015 6:53 AM
Apr 2015
uugh no chemistry at all. I almost puked while watching. He looked creepy when he was trying to place his hand a top of saber's during the cinema scene. Shirou is a huge noob at dates.

Apr 22, 2015 6:54 AM

Feb 2015
why are you watching this lol?
Jun 2, 2015 8:06 PM

Apr 2013
insan3Inquisitor said:
The problem I have with the romance portion of the series is that there isn't any chemistry between Saber and Shirou at all.

Indeed. In fact Shirou is too much of a obnoxious moron to be with any of these girls.

This episode was stupid.

I guess it was a bad idea for me to watch Fate/Zero first. This show is such a disappointment in comparison. Not enough seriousness and action/combat. It's just another stupid harem (btw, are MC's supposed to be unlikeable? Because this is the hundredth time where I've said out loud, "How could so many smart, charming girls be attracted to this a**wipe?" while watching a harem).

But enough about my issues. Where in the F*** is Lancer?
Aug 14, 2015 12:21 PM

Jan 2014
So no one managed to answer: why would Saber have to die when she gets the Holy Grail?

I am imagining a couple of possibilities. Let me know if one of them is close to the truth.

1) Holy Grails can only be touched by Servants but Saber is not a 100% complete Servant so the Grail could burn her to death?

2) Something to do with her wish? Based on scenes from previous episodes, she got a whole village killed or something? So she wants to go back in time to sacrifice herself? Thus, getting the Grail is like granting her death wish?
Aug 14, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
That's her contract. To serve the Counter-Force and take a contract as a Counter-Guardian after her death, in exchange for being given the chance to obtain the Grail. Her wish to the Grail is to erase her reign from history, after which she planned to return to the aftermath of Camlann, whereupon she dies shortly after Bedivere takes her away from the hill.
Aug 14, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
That's her contract. To serve the Counter-Force and take a contract as a Counter-Guardian after her death, in exchange for being given the chance to obtain the Grail. Her wish to the Grail is to erase her reign from history, after which she planned to return to the aftermath of Camlann, whereupon she dies shortly after Bedivere takes her away from the hill.

Ah... thank you for your explanation!
Apr 25, 2016 9:39 PM

Mar 2014
Romance . Sometimes you wouldn't end in your favor .
SABER KAWAII ~ !! Desires are hard to understand .
Great Episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2016 7:16 PM

Nov 2013
Shirou explaining the meaning of a date to Mother Saber and Tsunderin teasing Shirou was hilarious.

Lolisviel wanted to join in and was knocked out by Tsunderin.

Sadly, the date ended with an argument.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 11, 2017 9:34 AM

Dec 2015
So, hum, how is Arthur going to change the past with the Grail? o_o
And I dsomehow doubt this thing about Servants becoming living humans again through a magical sip is true.

A date right now ? It comes up pretty weirdly. And because it's a post-sex first date, it was doomed from the start. XD

Funny look, this half-god wearing casual clothes. (but since he has lived ten years as a foreigner in Tôkyô, why not)

2/5 The pause before the last line is always good but this one was poorly filled.
Dec 10, 2017 10:52 AM

Sep 2013
Wow....such a snooze fest

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 27, 2018 11:54 PM

Mar 2012
wtf a date? and shirou's an ass.
i agree with people saying he's got his head so selfishly inside his ass he can't really see how arrogant he's being. and dude, who had the idea to make their relationship a romance? shirou and saber have no chemistry at all and it all comes off as bad writing. two episodes ago saber was being all girly and out of character and now she's asking him if she's the woman in question when he suggests the date?
i do get shirou's intentions in showing her she can be like a human and live like that, but she can't. he's basically asking her to leave everything she believes behind just to stay with him and trying to make it sound like it's for her sake.
and if this was the saber from the beginning of the series she would never have stayed on that bridge for that long. kinda pisses me off how now she has feelings she can't think and act for herself.
Jan 10, 2019 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Man, this was ... so bad. Saber x Shirou is just cringe. Also the brilliant idea of this episode being a slice of life comedy romance was stupid. Only showed how static their setting actually is. Why is a town where hundreds of people die, or get hospitalized daily isn't more famous and people aren't more cautious, instead they are leading their normal lives as if nothing happens? Why are they living in a ghost town? Why do characters suddenly reappear and disappear from the plot whenever they are needed/not needed? Wtf happened to Lancer, Shirous's teacher, and Sakura? Idk man. Why did Gilgamesh reappear out of nowhere at the end, despite Saber being at the bridge for hours? Whatever. Hope the next episode has more going on, cause this one just served to make Shirou's character even more of an obnoxious ass than he already was.
Jun 9, 2019 8:01 AM

Dec 2018
They're seeing a sunken ship when they're dating, lmao. This must be some forshadowing. Also Saber said she destroy the ship when there's no passenger on it, what about the helmsman bruh ?

Nanaya-kun said:
Why do characters suddenly reappear and disappear from the plot whenever they are needed/not needed? Wtf happened to Lancer, Shirous's teacher, and Sakura?

If you mean Kuzuki sensei, he's dead.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 8, 2019 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
was not expecting a date in all of this
Oct 20, 2021 11:31 AM
Aug 2017
The date was nice but that golden cunt who appeared at the end is really pissing me off. He keeps claiming Saber is his property, I hope he gets his ass handed to him soon.
Mar 5, 2022 7:03 PM

Feb 2020
This was a good episode. Their date could have definitely gone better though.
Apr 29, 2022 3:13 PM

Oct 2021
Running away from a girl because you lost in a argument and got pissed off is the most gay shit that I've ever seen
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Jun 7, 2022 2:19 PM
Nov 2020
"Im inlove with her" i kinda knew this was coming eventually lmao
Jun 13, 2022 10:26 AM
May 2021
Good episode.
Because of the clothes I didn't recognise that it was Gilgamesh lol.
May 24, 2023 7:01 AM

Dec 2007
so we didn't get a fine answer to why this "king" is remained. but it seems he's gonna be the last obstacle?

really can't figuring out syber lol.
but seen her and shirou is always cute.
the only bad thing is that rin gave up on shiro...

that preview .... i'm just going to watch it now
User-NameMay 24, 2023 7:06 AM
Jun 16, 2023 4:56 AM
Apr 2019
Saber is great as always.
Jul 24, 2023 11:34 AM
Aug 2021
O Shirou pede pra Saber pensar mais nela mesma, mas passou o anime todo só quero se lascar pra proteger os outros. Hipócrita.
Aug 8, 2023 6:42 AM
Jul 2023
Aww they're dating now
- It's cool how they thought out the sunken boat before fate zero.
- Imo, Shirou was actually in the right here. Saber needs to wake up for herself
-It was cute when he came back
- Yo Gilgamesh drip????
- Yo Shirou got murked
- Shriou stole his girlll
ApreggiAug 9, 2023 3:58 AM
Aug 18, 2023 10:49 PM
Feb 2021
This episode banged.
Nov 18, 2023 3:01 AM

Jan 2017
A massive lovers spat and looks like a threesome incoming!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

17 by caspiano »»
Yesterday, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.