Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2014 3:07 AM

Jun 2013
Jody32 said:
AllvnWalker said:
nope, id prefer seinen tbh, and hajime no ippo is already on my list. ill check those animes out. if anyone knows some nice seinen show pls let me know.
Seinen?

Errr:
Hyouge Mono
Mouryou no Hako
Giant Killing
Berserk
Hataraki Man
Koi Kaze
Zipang
Eikoku koi Monogatari Emma
Bartender
Salaryman Kintarou
Yomigaeru Sora
The House of Five Leaves
Gungrave
Kaiji
Ping Pong the Animation
Hen Zemi
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee
Arakawa under the Bridge
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

thanks for the recommendations. this will keep me busy for a while. a few of those animes i was already thinking about watching but i guess i will start watching them now since someone recommended them. thanks
Sep 24, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2014
could someone recommend me more anime to watch based on my list I love horror and supernatural basically anything dark, twisted or tragic. I will sometimes watch other genres but I prefer the later.

Look alive sunshine!
The future is bulletproof
The aftermath is secondary
Its time to do it now and do it loud
Killjoys! Make some noise!
Sep 24, 2014 5:53 PM

Oct 2010
-Gothity- said:
could someone recommend me more anime to watch based on my list I love horror and supernatural basically anything dark, twisted or tragic. I will sometimes watch other genres but I prefer the later.

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Hellsing Ultimate
Shinsekai Yori
Sep 25, 2014 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
Hello every one,
Ah, I need some recommendations based on my list and feel free to tell me what you guys think of it :P

PS:I have a lot planned to watch due to my ***** Third world ISP :(.
Sep 27, 2014 11:13 PM

Jun 2014
Given the small number of titles you watched I guess you should watch some of the stuff of the basic canon because I couldn't recommend anything very specific. What's basic canon? Well, Miyazaki & Takahata's movies and TV series (Conan(1978)), other movies such as Ghost in the Shell and Akira, and series such as Evangelion, Berserk, Utena, Lain, Trigun, Madoka, RahXephon, Haibane Renmei, Monster, K-On make up a good starting point to get an idea of the breath and diversity of the medium.
Sep 28, 2014 12:46 AM

Aug 2014
Thank
Guaporense said:
Given the small number of titles you watched I guess you should watch some of the stuff of the basic canon because I couldn't recommend anything very specific. What's basic canon? Well, Miyazaki & Takahata's movies and TV series (Conan(1978)), other movies such as Ghost in the Shell and Akira, and series such as Evangelion, Berserk, Utena, Lain, Trigun, Madoka, RahXephon, Haibane Renmei, Monster, K-On make up a good starting point to get an idea of the breath and diversity of the medium.

Thank you very much for your recommendation.

As for my list and the huge planned list, I choose those animes very carefully and specifically based on friends recommendation and based on what I liked or not. I know I still didn't watch them yet, but I am certain that I will absolutely like them :P. I am kind of picky person :P.

As for your recommendation, I have added "Akira, Lain, Utena, Trigun, Madoka, Haibane Renmei and RahXephon". And "Ghost in the Shell, Monster, Evangelion and Berserk" are already on the list, and they are the first priority. As for Conan, I know it is a great anime but I just don't like it :P.

Any ways, thank you very much for your recommendations, again. Be sure that I will like them all, if otherwise they wouldn't be on the list now :D.
MadCheeseSep 28, 2014 12:51 AM
Sep 28, 2014 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
Good thing you didnt choose K-ON.

@Guaporense
K-ON seems like a really awkward choice to recommend amongst all the other titles you mentioned. IMO its garbage, but disconsidering my personal taste, it doesnt fit in at all with the rest of your mentions.
Sep 28, 2014 1:57 AM

Aug 2014
baki502 said:

@Guaporense
K-ON seems like a really awkward choice to recommend amongst all the other titles you mentioned. IMO its garbage, but disconsidering my personal taste, it doesnt fit in at all with the rest of your mentions.

Yeah, I have good instincts about which is good and which is bad. something told me it's not good just from reading the title :v. but I had to check it's geners and then some reviews and recommendations about it. Though seeing it's geners was enough for me :P.
Sep 28, 2014 5:11 AM

Apr 2013
MadCheese said:
baki502 said:

@Guaporense

Yeah, I have good instincts about which is good and which is bad. something told me it's not good just from reading the title :v. but I had to check it's geners and then some reviews and recommendations about it. Though seeing it's geners was enough for me :P.
Hmmm, a better alternative to K-On maybe something like Hidamari Sketch or Azumanga Daioh (though both are more on the comedy side than K-On as well which I suppose can make them more appealing in some way), if we are talking pure K-On inspiration (albeit develop on the genre traits better than other shows in the genre)... then I would point you in the direction of shows like "Bamboo Blade" or "Sora no Woto".
Oct 10, 2014 8:35 AM

Feb 2013
Hi there to anyone who reads this, I'm just new in the club and saw this thread now that I'm looking for something new to watch, as long as I don't really know what to see whether from my ptw or something different.

I'd like recommendations of someone looking at my list... But I can say that I usually watch seinen/drama stories, even though I'm able to watch almost everything as long as it is well done (not hentai or yaoi though... x'D (please)).
Oct 10, 2014 12:50 PM

Jun 2013
@up Check out Haibane Renmei. I think it should fit your taste.
Oct 10, 2014 2:17 PM

Feb 2013
Iroald said:
@up Check out Haibane Renmei. I think it should fit your taste.

It seems to be fine so I'm giving it a try, I saw your "favorite anime" and I'm giving a try to the 5 of them though, first time I meet someone with such similar tastes in that matter OwO
Nov 6, 2014 10:28 AM
Apr 2014
Alright, is this thread still active? Cause, yeah, I was wondering if someone could recommend me some stuff. I don't update all that regularly, or completely, and I can never choose favourites so my lists are almost empty. Still, if someone could check out my list :/ Oh yeah, I sometimes rate subjectively. I have some series which are, objectively, complete shit, but which I enjoyed immensely for some reason and rated very highly (mostly because I was in that kind of mood at the time and didn't bother to revise my score). And I should finish Texhnolyze one day :(

Note: reading Holyland at the moment, which isn't in my list yet. It's awesome.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Nov 6, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
Based on your list alone I'm not 100% sure you would like these, but I'd recommend:

Diebuster
Tatami Galaxy
Hunter x Hunter
Berserk
Monster

And maybe Kino's Journey and Code Geass.
Nov 6, 2014 12:56 PM
Apr 2014
Proof that I don't update my list often enough -__-

I've read some 220 chapters of Berserk, but then my library ran out of volumes and I couldn't get used to low quality scans.
Diebuster, Gunbuster and HxH are on my mental PTW at least, if not the MAL one.
Monster is for when I have a lot of time on my hands, because I want to watch the anime as well, which is some 70 episodes and it's pretty busy now. I'm reading a bit of Billy Bat though.
Tatami Galaxy is on my priority list, as well as everything by Satoshi Kon (rip dude, you are missed).
Kino's Journey is amazing. I've read some of the LN over at BT, and I've been waiting for a chance to watch the anime.
Last one, Code Geass. It's absolute shit. I don't know why, but I absolutely couldn't stand that one. I watched four or five episodes and couldn't even bring myself to change the status on my list this summer :/ I know it's a classic, but I don't think I'm gonna finish it.

Thanks for the recommendations though, I really appreciate it. I'm just looking for something good that isn't very well known, although I can't possibly ask of anyone to sift through my PTW list, as it's reaching ridiculous proportions. There's probably a lot out there that I haven't even heard of but which I would enjoy immensely, especially older series. I don't know many of those tbh, I only started a little while ago. Might take me a couple of years to watch everything I want to see.

Note: your sig is from Kino's Journey, right? Pretty sure it is, but just wanted to confirm. I should really get me a proper sig and forum pic -__-

Nov 6, 2014 1:51 PM
Nov 2009
Code Geass a classic. Hah!
Nov 6, 2014 2:21 PM
Apr 2014
Well, classic in the sense of "ur opinion doesn't count if you haven't seen dis shizzle", kind of like NGE and SEL and what have you. I honestly never understood the hype.

Nov 6, 2014 3:31 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't know whether you'd seen Code Geass or not, but some people really like it so I figured it was worth a shot. If you don't like it, then you probably won't have too much of a problem here, since a lot of our members don't like it either. I don't hate it myself, but you probably wouldn't see me calling it a classic either.

My sig is just a banner from this club that anyone can use if they want. It is from Kino's Journey, I picked it because that's one of my favorite shows.
Nov 6, 2014 5:13 PM
Apr 2014
Ok then lemme check the banners here real quick checks Awesome. I'm gonna do something with that alright. But first a forum avatar.

Nov 10, 2014 12:14 PM

Mar 2014
Code Geass is the greatest parody of LotGH ever made.
Nov 22, 2014 11:02 PM

Jul 2014
I'm ready to be "enlightened". Recommendations?
Take care of yourself

Nov 23, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2013
I want to start something tonight, can someone give me recs? Just a heads up, my PTW list is not updated, it doens't have things I want to see and it has things I don't want to see, I just haven't gone through it in a while.

@razortongue:
Jormundgand, Michiko to Hatchin, HunterxHunter
Nov 23, 2014 3:49 PM

Jun 2012
I've been getting into alot of Seinen manga lately, is there anything of note that I should add to my PTR that isn't there already?
Nov 23, 2014 4:40 PM

Feb 2008
@razortongue

That should do you good for some while.

@AudioTsunami

@Kaimon

I went through our shared manga, so some manga may appear on your PTR as well.

On another note, I'd like a recommendation too, if possible. I'm looking for some comfy anime to watch. It doesn't have to be 10/10 material, as long as it has a nice atmosphere going for it, I'm cool with it. Keep 'em rolling (I'll probably pick out 2 or 3 shows depending on how many get recommended).

Nov 24, 2014 2:44 AM

Jul 2014
[quote=corwin_r]@razortongue

That should do you good for some while.

AudioTsunami said:

@razortongue:
Jormundgand, Michiko to Hatchin, HunterxHunter

Thanks a bunch, guys
Take care of yourself

Nov 26, 2014 1:52 AM
Aug 2011
[quote=MadCheese]Thank
Guaporense said:
As for Conan, I know it is a great anime but I just don't like it :P

I hope you're not mixing up the modern "Detective Conan" cartoon with "Future Boy Conan", which is the classic 1978 science fiction show. They're unrelated. It seems likely you've confused the two shows since you haven't actually seen very much pre-2000's anime.

===

I'm after some short (max 2-3 volume) mangas I can read. Horror (really liked Franken Fran), comedy or slice of life / atmospheric / drama (I really like YKK and Aria style). Anyone want to throw some suggestions out?
cipheronNov 26, 2014 2:10 AM
Nov 26, 2014 3:11 AM

Feb 2008
@cipheron
Aruku Hito
Suiiki
Coffee Jikan
Majo
Hanashippanashi

Nov 26, 2014 3:18 AM

Apr 2009
@cipheron

try
Nov 26, 2014 8:44 AM

Jun 2013
Nov 26, 2014 6:32 PM
Aug 2011
Thanks for those Iroald, and belm, thanks for that HUGE list (i'll have to work through those after the other guys stuff), and corwin_r I'm going to start with your ones, they look good. I have enough choices now to last for several months, thanks again guys.
Dec 1, 2014 6:00 PM

Mar 2013
Almost done with Kemonozune, It's pretty good. I like the quirky art style although I'm curious what made you rec this for me.
Dec 1, 2014 8:55 PM

Jul 2014
I know my list of "Plan to Watch' is massive, but what can you guys suggest to me~
Dec 1, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2013
Finish Black Lagoon and Log Horizon, Start Gurren Lagann, Read Aku No Hana in stead of watching it, Play Shuffle! instead of watching it(unless you're -18) would be my plan of action if I were you. Noragami is good too.

Things not on your PTW I would reccommend: Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, Eureka Seven, Bakuman, Beck, Bakumon, Macross, Kill La Kill.
Dec 3, 2014 2:53 AM
Aug 2011
boyofmystery said:
I know my list of "Plan to Watch' is massive, but what can you guys suggest to me~

Noragami is pretty good, and short. You should like that if you liked Hatarake Maou-Sama

A couple of must-see shows for you might be Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Magi: The labyrinth of Magic. I'm pretty sure you'd have a lot of fun with those.

I'm going to recommend some ones that are better than the ones you have in your PTW list, but in the same genres that you like:

Golden Time - go for Nodame Cantabile instead-of/before Golden Time, it was a bit dissapointing whereas Nodame Cantabile is funnier, has a better MC and has a great soundtrack.

Instead of D-Frag watch Sabagebu, it has a similar genre but D-Frag is just "ok" whereas Sabagebu was really funny and clever. Also: Daily Lives of Highschool Boys is insanely funny.

Infinite Stratos 2 was absolutely terrible, even if you love season 1. Pretty much any other action/harem is preferable. Try Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, Strike Witches or Symphogear before wasting time on IS-2. IS-2 was one of the worst things I've even seen, and I have seen a lot of similar shows.

Photokano - I've heard nothing but bad things about this series, there are many better harem/romance/school ones to watch before this. Go for Amagami SS and Hatsukoi Limited for similar genre shows that are way better.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr - forget this for now and watch Elfen Lied instead if you want something like that. It's by the same writer, but more well known and generally a better story.

Triage X: You have this in your PTW list, you should watch the same writer's Highschool of the Dead.
cipheronDec 3, 2014 3:00 AM
Dec 3, 2014 3:33 AM

Feb 2008
corwin_r said:
On another note, I'd like a recommendation too, if possible. I'm looking for some comfy anime to watch. It doesn't have to be 10/10 material, as long as it has a nice atmosphere going for it, I'm cool with it. Keep 'em rolling (I'll probably pick out 2 or 3 shows depending on how many get recommended).

Shamelessly bumping my recommendation request, since it didn't get any feedback :P.

Dec 3, 2014 4:19 AM
Aug 2011
corwin_r you've really watched a lot, so I filtered by shared anime and am just throwing some ideas out:

Catman
Chicchana Yukitsukai Sugar
Nana
Aoi Hana
Usagi Drop
Tonari no Seki-kun
Kyousou Giga (TV)
Kimi to Boku
Acchi Kocchi (TV)
Nazo no Kanojo X
Senyuu
Ristorante Paradiso
Dec 3, 2014 4:22 AM

Apr 2012
corwin_r said:
corwin_r said:

Shamelessly bumping my recommendation request, since it didn't get any feedback :P.

My suggestion: Stop watching anime :P
1700+ completed? U foking wot m8?
You really think anyone here is in the position to recommend you anime ^^?
Maybe Jody. I think he has seen a lot too.

Fuck it Ill recomend you something. Youll probably hate it all, but you asked for it.
Some chill anime I liked, but they are nothing out of the oridnary:
Bokura wa Minna Kawaiso (really chill romance sol nothing special tough)
Crayon Shin-Chan (Its so dumb, but its so fun)
Sankarea (Its super weird romance, but its chill, I liked it but it has an open end without any hope it will get a continuation so far)
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume(absolutely lovable sol-ish comedy)
Shingeki no Kyojin (super duper chill, especially those bolder episodes where the chillest ever...)
Natsuyasumi (summer romance boy meets girl sol)

Not necesarily chill but a "dafuq you doing go watch this shit"-kind of anime:
Berserk(dafuq man?)
Hyouge Mono(its chill too, its great, its wonderful, its amazing go and bloody watch it)
Kemono Souja Erin (quite chill at times but at the same time quite touching, go watch it)
Kyousou Giga (Its quite the experience, try it)
NANA(no seriously, wadafuq man?)
Nobunaga Concerto (I absolutely loved it, this one has a extremely good atmosphere to it, BUT it has an open end. It aired last season tough so there is small hope)
Steamboy (Download it in high quality, also using the english dub is a MUST and its a sin to watch it in japanese raw. Excellent looking, excellent dub, story is decent too, its a real treat to watch)
Dec 3, 2014 5:17 AM

Feb 2008
baki502 said:

Isn't that a boy on boy hentai? I hope you noticed that the long haired person has a penis lol.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 3, 2014 5:50 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
baki502 said:

Isn't that a boy on boy hentai? I hope you noticed that the long haired person has a penis lol.

Boku no pico is to bloody obvious a troll now. I found a new one.
Dec 3, 2014 7:50 AM

Feb 2008
@cipheron
Thanks, I'll be sure to check out Catman, Little Snow Fairy Sugar, Ristorante Paradiso and Kyousou Giga.

I've read the Aoi Hana manga (excellent read), so I"ll pick it up once I'm in a mood to do some backtracking. The only reason I didn't pick up Nana yet is because the anime is left terribly open-ended from what I've heard, and it requires a decent amount of time to finish, so I'll probably go with the manga when it finishes.

@baki502
It's easy to look at lists or charts, I prefer personal input to that. Pure numbers also mean very little to me, and I don't value opinions based on them.

I'll continue with Erin in the near future (we've even had a short exchange on the subject a while back), Hyouge Mono as well, I'm on episode 10 or so with this goodie. Steamboy is in my nonexistent queue for quite a while now, and your recommendation moved it up to the top. That and Kaguya Hime no Monogatari will be the next two anime movies I'll watch. Nobunaga Concerto seems fine as well, so I'll be sure to check that one out too.

What I've said about Nana stands for Berserk as well, I'll just go and read the manga if it ever finishes. I've seen some of Crayon Shin-Chan on cable TV years back, and it is indeed funny, but not even a tenth of it is available subbed or dubbed, so no point in even considering that. I've seen Natsuyasumi btw, have you actually seen it? It's nothing special or shocking, in fact, it's quite pale compared to a jewel like Pico x Coco x Chico.
corwinrDec 3, 2014 7:55 AM

Dec 3, 2014 8:31 AM

Mar 2012
corwin_r said:
The only reason I didn't pick up Nana yet is because the anime is left terribly open-ended from what I've heard, and it requires a decent amount of time to finish, so I'll probably go with the manga when it finishes.

Manga has finished.

Dec 3, 2014 8:45 AM

Apr 2012
corwin_r said:
I've seen Natsuyasumi btw, have you actually seen it? It's nothing special or shocking, in fact, it's quite pale compared to a jewel like Pico x Coco x Chico.

Umm, <.< >.>
Nooooooooooo, never would I do such a thing. <.< >.>
You'd better not tell mom!

As for Nana, I consider the animes ending a okay open end. One I can live with, its not one where I feel like it HAS to continue. I mean if you take it like that a story like NANA would only end with their death. At some point you just got to stop and you know, leave the rest of their lives to the viewers imagination.

Not that I would have minded seeing the story go on till they grow old and we would have two granny NANAs being all, "Bloody youngins nowadays and their Beats and Bytes, back in my day we still listened to good music, like Punk Rock!".
Dec 3, 2014 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
@Corwin
- http://myanimelist.net/anime/3110/Kaze_no_Naka_no_Shoujo:_Kinpatsu_no_Jeanie (not fully subbed as of yet, but there seems to be quite a bit of activity around it, the bits I've seen of it are nice)
- Ai shoujo Pollyanna Monogatari (the main character is adorable, and optimistic)
- http://myanimelist.net/anime/708/Patapata_Hikousen_no_Bouken (haven't watched it but it seems like it would be up your alley, and I can't guarantee it would be heartwarming)
- Emma: A Victorian Romance (lovely series, though whether or not you want to see it as something heart warming is really up to you, nevertheless a pleasant watch)
- Mainichi Kaasan (Long series, but this is a really heart-warming family orientated series, though at some points it gets a little repetitive but fortunately it always feels fresh and alive)
- Shouwa Monogatari (An anime targeted at a 50 year old audience, and it really shows, this is delightful in every respect, though beware the young main's VA, cause he can't act for shit)

Edit:
- Folktales from Japan (A nice childrens show, gets repetitive though)
JodyqtDec 3, 2014 9:11 AM
Dec 3, 2014 10:01 AM

Oct 2012
baki502 said:
"Bloody youngins nowadays and their Beats and Bytes, back in my day we still listened to good music, like Punk Rock!".

That's the funny thing with Nana. A lot of the music I hear from it are really energetic pop-rock songs. Outside of the clothing (which almost borders Visual Kei,) I don't get the punk feel. Still, the show is worth checking out. It's a gripping drama.

Quixotes_Solace said:

- Emma: A Victorian Romance (lovely series, though whether or not you want to see it as something heart warming is really up to you, nevertheless a pleasant watch)

Corwin, you could also read this. The art for Emma is simply gorgeous. Masterful and alluring. It's the kind of manga which is more expressive with visuals than anything else. The dialogue is conservative, but when it's used, it's really well done. The romance is kinda standard but the delivery via the strengths of a manga are wonderful. It'd also help the polls. XD
Dec 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Feb 2008
@Jody
Thanks, I've been thinking of watching Heidi as my next WMT, but I'll probably go with Pollyanna or Perrine. I've read Emma, that's the only reason why I haven't watched the anime (Kaoru Mori's art is godlike).

I've also started downloading Shouwa Monogatari, I noticed the show while it was still subbing, but it never somehow flew under my radar as a worthwhile watch. When I look at it now, if executed well, it might be a great historical show, I'll be sure to give it a try.

@Ducat
I may be wrong, but I think that I was among the people that voted Emma up for the poll.

Dec 3, 2014 1:37 PM

Nov 2009
@corwin_r

Uchuu Kyoudai
Oruchuban Ebichu
-☾✩
Jan 8, 2015 4:01 PM

Jan 2009
Please enlighten me!
Jan 8, 2015 4:21 PM

Feb 2008
Watch Tantei Opera Milky Holmes S1 and S2.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 13, 2015 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
@Harubunny

Check out:

Tsumiki no Ie
Mainichi Kaasan
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee
Sokigoki Otokujoku
Hokuto no Ken
Jan 13, 2015 7:13 PM

Sep 2011
Garo's recent (fantastic) turn of events is really reminding me of a trope id really like to see some more of, anyone got a series where a character goes through a redemption phase, the MC makes a mistake somewhere along the series with dire consequences and as a result has to change himself for the better ultimately becoming a different character after the tragedy. I know of a few stories that do this but not many

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM

» Spring 2023 Overview

Deago - Mar 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.