Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you want more fanservice in the SAO anime?/like the fanservice in SAO?
I Like the fanservice but don't want more of it :)
18.0%
I like the fanservice and i want more of it :D
18.4%
I don't like the fanservice but want more of it -____- (who would vote for this?)
6.0%
I don't like the fanservice and don't want more of it :/
36.7%
i don't care about the fanservice
21.0%
267 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 8, 2012 3:55 AM

Jul 2012
The lovely history in this anime would be ruined if it got too much ecchi fan service :/
O'Hai :D
Sep 8, 2012 4:17 AM
Aug 2012
TensaiShonen said:
lol @ fanservice...or actually, what fanservice?

I agree mostly, but you have to admit there is some...

But it is so irrelevant, I think people just want to find something to QQ about.
Sep 8, 2012 10:12 PM
May 2012
somewhere in my mind saying: SAO's rating will fall if they will add fanservice...
Sep 9, 2012 2:52 AM
Aug 2010
The so called "fanservice" is also in the novel, if you want to complain go to Kawahara Reki.
Sep 9, 2012 2:54 AM
Jan 2012
I don't want the fan service, but, all in all, I don't really care. Because, in the end, it's going to appeal to someone and it doesn't affect how I view a series.
Sep 9, 2012 3:00 AM

Jun 2011
I like Ecchi, I don't mind if it's in SAO. Actually, I don't give a flying fudge. It's cool.
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!
Sep 9, 2012 3:01 AM

Aug 2009
Well for those who are against fanservice I'd suggest not watch episode 10 or you'd most likely go ballistic that Asuna showed some skin.
Sep 9, 2012 9:45 AM

Dec 2008
i don't care about fanservice in this anime..

because i won't noticed any fanservice like "dat ass" or other until some of you who see too much detail pointed that out....

imo, 90% anime nowadays have a little fanservice, and i got used to it.. it doesnt bother me much..

except maybe in the ep 10? that absolutely a fanservice.. but if i think again, in the novel there's also a scene like that, so i think that fanservice in ep 10 is crucial to main plot...

Sep 9, 2012 2:17 PM

Aug 2009
If SAO's fanservice scenes are like the ones I saw people post again and again in the eps discussions then...what fanservice are you people talking about.

People are even bitching about it like it's KissxSis or Seikon no Qwaser.Code Geass had A LOT MORE FANSERVICE.FMA:B had more fanservice,Evangelion(any) had more fanservice .Even Fate Zero had more fanservice than SAO.And I could go on.

If you dont like the anime either find a real reason like pacing etc or stop watching it.

And how about a new option in the poll?
"I didnt notice the "fanservice" it until I came here"

Edit:I will go with option A since I doubt the above will happen.
ssjokgSep 9, 2012 2:29 PM
Sep 9, 2012 3:07 PM

Sep 2012
I don't care about fanservice, any anime that overuses it can't be taken seriously.
Sep 9, 2012 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
So you're basically asking whether, or not, people like the show? Because its entire existence is fan-service.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 9, 2012 4:23 PM

Dec 2007
Post-Josh said:
So you're basically asking whether, or not, people like the show? Because its entire existence is fan-service.

This. I mean, we almost never see battles in it. It's more of an harem show, so sure there is fan-service.
Sep 9, 2012 4:27 PM

Sep 2011
No, shows like this don't need fanservice, instead it needs more action, emotion, and plot development. While I do like Fanservice, this show doesn't need it. I've had enough summer fanservice shows already.
Sep 9, 2012 4:30 PM

May 2012
I hate fanservice. So, my answer is no, this show does not need more butt shots.
Sep 9, 2012 4:36 PM

Dec 2010
I could careless, from what I've seen there's hardly any fanservice in the show, or maybe I'm just not paying attention hard enough. What this show needs is more action and more plot. It feels like the pacing of the show either increases too quickly or doesn't increase at all and ends up with no progression. I wouldn't mind fanservice as long as it's not overdone (insert how it's already overdone here), I just hope they focus more on the story and characters.
Sep 9, 2012 4:37 PM
Jul 2012
gatx375 said:
I hate fanservice. So, my answer is no, this show does not need more butt shots.

Whats wrong with seeing asuna's ass, i have no problem with it.
Sep 9, 2012 4:43 PM

May 2012
JavierR said:
gatx375 said:

Whats wrong with seeing asuna's ass, i have no problem with it.

I wouldn't have a problem if that's what I was watching the show for.
Sep 9, 2012 5:09 PM
Sep 2011
dw u guys gonna see a lot more

HibiChouchou said:
FlashIzangi said:
Fan service is ruining this anime

For those who find fan services annoying, either you haven't read the novel, or you read the novel but haven't read chapter 16.5, simple as that.
novel spoiler
Sep 9, 2012 10:39 PM

Aug 2009
HibiChouchou said:

see that is something I would rush out and buy the BD for....someone needs to NTR Kirito as not only does he play the dense chara in the series, but he also leads them on afterwards by asking to meet up after the game...He's a Makoto in disguise
Sep 10, 2012 1:46 AM
Sep 2012
I LOVE SAO!!
''Watching anime and Reading manga is for recreation ''
Sep 10, 2012 8:34 AM

Jul 2010
I'm sure most guys who say 'I hate fan service' really secretly enjoy it to small degree, we are human right? I cant really imagine a human who has zero sex drive unless they are like 10 or 80. I guess it only makes since that most people who would dislike fan service would be religious people who think its immoral, or girls who find it sexist.
Sep 10, 2012 8:40 AM
Sep 2011
GeassForce said:
I'm sure most guys who say 'I hate fan service' really secretly enjoy it to small degree, we are human right? I cant really imagine a human who has zero sex drive unless they are like 10 or 80. I guess it only makes since that most people who would dislike fan service would be religious people who think its immoral, or girls who find it sexist.

Doubt that every single one of them have not watched a fanservice anime and enjoy it.
We're all boys, unless you're a gay, or else you would secretly enjoy fanservices.
Sep 10, 2012 9:18 AM

Feb 2012
>Having a serious conversation with a serious mood set with serious faces.

BAAM!
IMG:
Sep 10, 2012 9:20 AM

Jul 2010
inb4 this meme: http://i.imgur.com/aqmZf.jpg
GeassForceSep 10, 2012 9:25 AM
Sep 10, 2012 9:41 AM
Jun 2012
Sep 10, 2012 10:10 PM

Jan 2012
HibiChouchou said:

HibiChouchou said:
FlashIzangi said:

For those who find fan services annoying, either you haven't read the novel, or you read the novel but haven't read chapter 16.5, simple as that.
novel spoiler

Where's the NTR? I don't recall any of that
Sep 10, 2012 10:19 PM

Aug 2009
jBui said:
HibiChouchou said:

HibiChouchou said:
FlashIzangi said:

novel spoiler

Probably
.But I dont think thats supposed to be ntr.....That part makes you rage as hell but definitely isnt ntr.
Sep 10, 2012 10:25 PM

Nov 2009
jBui said:
HibiChouchou said:

HibiChouchou said:
FlashIzangi said:

novel spoiler

that would be

Err I guess it's enough to be considered as a NTR scene.

the definition of NTR:
In short, the main protagonist's loved one(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling. This is to cause an emotion of deep jealousy on the reader.

Well, I did get jealous when reading this part though , my expression after reading this:

Takana_no_HanaSep 10, 2012 10:32 PM
Sep 10, 2012 10:37 PM

Aug 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:
jBui said:
HibiChouchou said:

HibiChouchou said:
FlashIzangi said:

novel spoiler

that would be

Err I guess it's enough to be considered as a NTR scene.

the definition of NTR:
In short, the main protagonist's loved one(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling. This is to cause an emotion of deep jealousy on the reader.

Well, I did get jealous when reading this part though , my expression after reading this:

I thought it was when the loved one starts to like it and is eventually completely stolen by the new guy.

And yeah. I was ready to enter the story(wish I could) and beat that asshole up.But I was satisfied with how it ended
Sep 10, 2012 10:40 PM
Sep 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:

Seriously? Why would you spoil the fun? I want to see MAL's community reacts when it comes, damn O.o ... Now they knew it .__."
Sep 10, 2012 11:04 PM

Sep 2010
GeassForce said:

A fan not liking fan service goes against the very definition of what fan service is. Which usually means that viewer shouldn't be watching the show in question as the show isn't catering to what they want to see.

It is far easier to change the channel than to make a show change to your liking.

Sep 10, 2012 11:34 PM

Jun 2012
If its on a hot chick, then yes, yes, yes!!! But apparently i dont find any one on SAO is hot, yet.
trunghuynh90Sep 10, 2012 11:59 PM
Sep 10, 2012 11:49 PM
Sep 2011
Common sense, no one wants to watch a fan service scene of an old lady nearly my grandma's age.
Sep 10, 2012 11:58 PM

Sep 2010
the fanservice is better than the battles at least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2012 12:18 AM

Sep 2010
HibiChouchou said:
Common sense, no one wants to watch a fan service scene of an old lady nearly my grandma's age.

Common sense says such a scene wouldn't be fan service in the first place. The proper term would be parody or joke.

Sep 11, 2012 12:37 AM
Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:
HibiChouchou said:

Common sense says such a scene wouldn't be fan service in the first place. The proper term would be parody or joke.

Typically, fan service refers to sexual interactions between characters to please the viewers(1), but it is not only containing those I've mentioned. Things which please the viewers in general are considered as fan services.

Thus fan services are subjective. What if fan services aim at those who like watching old lady skin's exposure scene?

And please, stop correcting people cause it's really annoying. [ obviously my post was a joke based on (1) and someone seriously enough wants to correct them, profit?? wannabe veteran??? ]
HibiChouchouSep 11, 2012 12:49 AM
Sep 11, 2012 7:52 AM

Jan 2012

yeah thats just Sugou being a creep haha Asuna didnt like it :(
Sep 11, 2012 1:55 PM

Sep 2010
HibiChouchou said:
Anime_Name said:
HibiChouchou said:

Typically, fan service refers to sexual interactions between characters to please the viewers(1), but it is not only containing those I've mentioned. Things which please the viewers in general are considered as fan services.

Thus fan services are subjective. What if fan services aim at those who like watching old lady skin's exposure scene?

And please, stop correcting people cause it's really annoying. [ obviously my post was a joke based on (1) and someone seriously enough wants to correct them, profit?? wannabe veteran??? ]

Do tell me what does the typical kind of fan service that is found in anime has to do with my comment. Things that please the viewer is not what fan service is defined as and is too vague as content like story, plot, and character building could also please viewers but those three things would not be considered fan service.

Let's deal with that when it happens or admit that exceptions to a rule only proves that there is a rule, not disproves it.

You'd be better off asking people to stop being wrong, uninformed, and ignorant instead of asking me to stop correcting others here. So educate the masses and you won't have to see me correcting anyone here.

Sep 11, 2012 7:54 PM
Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:
HibiChouchou said:
Anime_Name said:
HibiChouchou said:

Do tell me what does the typical kind of fan service that is found in anime has to do with my comment. Things that please the viewer is not what fan service is defined as and is too vague as content like story, plot, and character building could also please viewers but those three things would not be considered fan service.

Let's deal with that when it happens or admit that exceptions to a rule only proves that there is a rule, not disproves it.

You'd be better off asking people to stop being wrong, uninformed, and ignorant instead of asking me to stop correcting others here. So educate the masses and you won't have to see me correcting anyone here.

Things that please viewer are pretty much considered as fan services, and yes it is, not only sexual interactions, bikini, pantsu shots," violence and hyperphysical activity, meta-references" [search them in wiki - with pretty much credible references.], or you can say "giving the fan exactly what they want". I like most of BONEs production, cause they give me too many frames in an action scene that it looks realistic and eye catching, and that is fan services for action fan. How about Slice of life fan? A peaceful moments with beautiful background music, or a scene when group of girls having conversations about all the stuff like K-on, yuru yuri. Or just simply a good dance, melody and a song showed in Dog days.

But too many sexual activities in anime nowadays that often mistake people as there's only 1 type of fan services.

I'm using the typical fan services shows in most of the anime nowadays to make joke, but someone took it too serious.

Rules are made to be broken, never heard of that? Why do you think we create rules? Agree that "story, plot, and character building" can please the viewers but whoever thinks they are fan services is retarded. These things you mentioned are called "standards" we use to evaluate an anime. These thing aren't simply please but also satisfy the audiences. Not gonna dig into this matter cause it's off topic.

Are you wanna try to be an elite in MAL? Nope, it's not gonna happen.

Oh btw, Just a note, most of your post are nonsense stuff, several sentences. So i'm gonna not gonna derail this matter anymore. This is my last reply, unless you post something credible enough to keep me in the argument rather than nonsense opinion of yours.

HibiChouchouSep 11, 2012 8:34 PM
Sep 11, 2012 9:06 PM

Mar 2012
He is an elite on MAL though.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 11, 2012 9:24 PM
Sep 2011
For?
Joined day?
Number of post?
Number of completed episode?

Doubt that anime_name acc is just his trolling acc. But it doesn't matter
HibiChouchouSep 11, 2012 9:28 PM
Sep 11, 2012 9:37 PM

Mar 2012
Quality of opinions and ability to express them rationally. Despite the fact that I seem to disagree with a lot of what he says and despise his avatar, he's definitely one of my favourite posters.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 11, 2012 9:48 PM
Sep 2011
And that comes from a person with 6 months on MAL.

If all your time spend is on MAL, with 2500+ post counts, why not use it to watch anime? (113 completed show), it's gonna enlighten you about the world of anime, rather than wasting time posting trashes. And by derailing stuff, meaningless debate, correcting people make him an elite in your eyes, then so be it.

Elite in my eyes, is, just for example, I'm gonna use this guy:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Archaeon
Watch a lot of shows, having many constructive reviews, recommendations for new comers. Do I need to explain further? I don't think it's necessary.

And, it's a fact, this guy above is the real elite

Oh well, good luck and have fun.
HibiChouchouSep 11, 2012 9:52 PM
Sep 11, 2012 9:57 PM

Mar 2012
Time on MAL makes people smarter, or something? Anyway, it doesn't take everyone years to get the jist of a hobby/develop their taste/what have you.

You can accumulate posts with minimal effort pretty quickly actually. 2500 posts is an average of 14 per day, which takes all of what, roughly 20 minutes? (depending on the length, obviously) Not sure I'd consider that all of my time. Oh wellll.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 11, 2012 10:11 PM
Sep 2011
Post-Josh said:
Time on MAL makes people smarter, or something? Anyway, it doesn't take everyone years to get the jist of a hobby/develop their taste/what have you.

You can accumulate posts with minimal effort pretty quickly actually. 2500 posts is an average of 14 per day, which takes all of what, roughly 20 minutes? (depending on the length, obviously) Not sure I'd consider that all of my time. Oh wellll.

Then it means you admit all of your posts are trash. [minimal effort - which requires only a few second to write + post ]

For a constructive post, it would take roughly 5min(usually more than 5min), to think of an idea, perhaps find references to back it up, or to analyse an opinion, find its weak point, use it to strike back as a valid point in your arguments.

let's just say, with 100 "constructive" posts, it takes 500 minutes, 20min for one episode(OP/ED excluded), 500/20 = 25episode (could be more)
That means, 2 short anime series (10~13episode), or a 2season anime (~25episode).

[ If you aren't putting efforts on your posts, who's gonna take it seriously? ]

Continue with the math too see how much of wasted time.

Mentioning about taste, I don't see the guy you think as elite has much of a taste. [ except correcting people is his taste, then I agree he has a taste ]

It doesn't require years to develop a taste, true, but it does not mean that you will be bound to a specific "taste". The longer time you spend on anime, the more "tastes" you will find to be interesting. Let's put this simple, your taste does not bound to a single genre. Let's assume that you only watch shounen show right now, but later on, you will find fun in other types, genres as well, it can be horror, thriller, comedy, science fiction, and so on.

You find Death Note to be interesting? How about Clannad? Baka to test?

Taste, you can argue, in general it has nothing to do with genres, but there is always a show out there that suit your taste which you haven't found, and your taste can be varied from time to time.

I haven't found Code Geass to be interesting since I first started watching anime, but after watching anime for a while, I rewatched it, and was amazed by the show, Gurren Lagann was the same too.

I don't like it at first [ due to my taste], but now it [my taste] probably has nothing to do with the enjoyments I've been through while watching a show, or you can say my taste has changed [ which I'm not even sure about ].
HibiChouchouSep 11, 2012 10:45 PM
Sep 11, 2012 11:05 PM

Mar 2012
Haha, no. It takes your brain an infinitesimally small amount of time to recall something simple, or something you understand well, and simple things can be insightful for people who don't know them/don't understand them. Very rarely does any post, in the majority of threads, beg for a response that takes anything more than minimal effort. I'm not especially knowledgeable, I just think you're giving MAL too much credit.

I don't know anything about that guy's taste and at this point I should say that my original post calling him "an elite" (a sketchy term at best) was mostly a joke. I just like the way he articulates himself, that's all.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 12, 2012 12:50 AM
Sep 2011
I believe they are totally different: debate, flame, serious discussion, and casual talk. As different type requires different response and effort.

I'm not giving MAL too much credit, but I'm giving credit to people who makes it a good place for anime community. [ by writing reviews, recommendations, create clubs, etc ]

Oh well, if it's just a casual reply, it would probably the same for me, several second to think, write and click on the post button.

Like the takana hana guy or something i don't remember, he posted a good effort comment in ep10 thread and look how many pp actually gave him credit?
Sep 12, 2012 1:46 AM

Sep 2010

Things that please viewer are pretty much considered as fan services, and yes it is, not only sexual interactions, bikini, pantsu shots," violence and hyperphysical activity, meta-references" [search them in wiki - with pretty much credible references.], or you can say "giving the fan exactly what they want". I like most of BONEs production, cause they give me too many frames in an action scene that it looks realistic and eye catching, and that is fan services for action fan. How about Slice of life fan? A peaceful moments with beautiful background music, or a scene when group of girls having conversations about all the stuff like K-on, yuru yuri. Or just simply a good dance, melody and a song showed in Dog days.

Thanks for elaborating but that is not what you said before. I know various things can be fan service but saying fan service is just stuff that pleases the viewer isn't right.

But too many sexual activities in anime nowadays that often mistake people as there's only 1 type of fan services.

And? I've never said otherwise. I tend to enter into conversations and remind people of that very fact.

Rules are made to be broken, never heard of that? Why do you think we create rules? Agree that "story, plot, and character building" can please the viewers but whoever thinks they are fan services is retarded. These things you mentioned are called "standards" we use to evaluate an anime. These thing aren't simply please but also satisfy the audiences. Not gonna dig into this matter cause it's off topic.

Rules are made to assert order and create conformity where applied. They are meant to be followed not broken.

I'm using the typical fan services shows in most of the anime nowadays to make joke, but someone took it too serious.

You gave a one liner, so I gave you a one liner. Mine was just more technically correct than funny. Instead of just letting what I said be true you want to argue about off topic things.

Oh btw, Just a note, most of your post are nonsense stuff, several sentences. So i'm gonna not gonna derail this matter anymore. This is my last reply, unless you post something credible enough to keep me in the argument rather than nonsense opinion of yours.

If nonsense bothers you then stop bring up nonsensical arguments into the conversation.

Sep 12, 2012 4:34 AM
Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:

And? I've never said otherwise. I tend to enter into conversations and remind people of that very fact.

I stop reading when it came to this part, have I ever mentioned in my post that you said them?

Nope, i just pointed out my opinion on the trend of current common fan services, and use it as a mean to back up my point if you continue reading the sentence below:

Make sense? typical fan services nowadays = sexual activities ( pantsu shot, bikini, skin exposure, etc). You know why I have to mention the typical type? Because fan services do not equal to sexual activities alone, if I had said that [ that means fan services = sexual activities], who knows I would have been corrected [ by someone] again . Oh I think you didn't even know the purpose of this.

Anime_Name said:

Thanks for elaborating but that is not what you said before. I know various things can be fan service but saying fan service is just stuff that pleases the viewer isn't right.

Then we have different POV. As I has elaborated on my opinion to make it clearer because you're the only one who didn't understand, and you still disagreeing. I would apologize if many people mistaken my point, but if you're the only one who mistook my point, then it is your fault.

And it seems like you're the only one though. My first post was on [09-10-12, 11:49 PM], 2 days have passed. Other's opinion on it? None, only you. Sadly it's the truth, you alone think it isn't right does not make it becomes wrong.
HibiChouchouSep 12, 2012 5:03 AM
Sep 12, 2012 2:01 PM

Sep 2010
I stop reading when it came to this part, have I ever mentioned in my post that you said them?

Then you have no reason to keep saying things in direct comment to me that are neither things I have said or arguments that have been made.

Nope, i just pointed out my opinion on the trend of current common fan services, and use it as a mean to back up my point if you continue reading the sentence below:

Except it is not a current trend. It is just that your perception only sees it now. Turn back time and check out older stuff from Gainax like Ebichu, Go Nagai stories, Lupin, and even Touch had fan services that revolved around Minami. The list goes on, what you are seeing now isn't new but there might be different amounts of bounce & shake than shows from the 70s.

Make sense? typical fan services nowadays = sexual activities ( pantsu shot, bikini, skin exposure, etc). You know why I have to mention the typical type? Because fan services do not equal to sexual activities alone, if I had said that [ that means fan services = sexual activities], who knows I would have been corrected [ by someone] again . Oh I think you didn't even know the purpose of this.

Fan service of a sexual nature is a very common type. Do you see any of my post disputing that?

Then we have different POV. As I has elaborated on my opinion to make it clearer because you're the only one who didn't understand, and you still disagreeing.

Concepts and ideas stop being about opinions and point of views when general definitions start surfacing and used by a community. Again, fan service is more than stuff that pleases viewers.

And it seems like you're the only one though. My first post was on [09-10-12, 11:49 PM], 2 days have passed. Other's opinion on it? None, only you. Sadly it's the truth, you alone think it isn't right does not make it becomes wrong.

Read this forum more. People here don't tend to keep quoting the same person over and over. Once a dialogue is started between two people the forumers here usually just let it play out between those two.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.