Forum Settings
Forums

Saddest/most depressing anime you ever watched, why and how did you react?

New
Pages (56) « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2015 1:57 PM

May 2014
black1blade said:
WAD1992 said:

THOSE MOTHER***ERS SHOULD HAVE ADAPTED THE HF ROUTE!!!
F*** Unlimited Boobs Works !!!!
i wanted to see more of sakura!!!

Guess what, they are adapting it into movies so that the worm rape can be kept!! Rejoice for your wish has been granted XD (seriously HF=UBW>fate imo)

i wanted a 12 eps. adaptation, not a stupid movie -_-
Jan 30, 2015 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
Hotaru no Haka

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Jan 30, 2015 2:12 PM

Aug 2014
WAD1992 said:
black1blade said:

Guess what, they are adapting it into movies so that the worm rape can be kept!! Rejoice for your wish has been granted XD (seriously HF=UBW>fate imo)

i wanted a 12 eps. adaptation, not a stupid movie -_-

Well we don't know how many movies there are going to be and how long they are going to be.It could end up being LOTR the anime with 3 3 hour films. HF really needs to be films otherwise censorship would ruin it.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 30, 2015 4:36 PM

Sep 2014
EarlAlois said:
D GURREN LAGANN CAUSE THOSE BROS!
DEM BROS WERE TOO AWESOME TO BE... K-Kil....
*Whales UNCONTROLLABLY like a dying whale *
ANIKKKIIIIIIII~!!!

Honestly, that was my reaction in this moment
Jan 30, 2015 4:38 PM

Dec 2013
Akame ga Kill was depressing to watch. So much butchering. Fuck White Fox

But seriously I haven't seen that many depressing serious but if I had to choose probably Madoka Magica. Although that wasn't that depressing.

Berserk manga was depressing. Dat volume 13 :'(
Jan 30, 2015 5:58 PM

Mar 2014
Nana. Went into an emotional coma for like a month. First time i watched I didn't finish it, because i couldn't take the feels. It took me almost a year to work up the courage to finish it. Never wanted to punch fictional characters in the face that much ever before. I was also just a more emotional person in general while watching it.
Jan 30, 2015 6:15 PM

Apr 2014
Pokemon: Mewtwo returns is sad, no matter what age you are.

Jan 30, 2015 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
School Days. So many lessons.
Everyone chases after their own happiness at the expense of others, and sometimes it doesn't end well. Its relatively easy to cheat on someone. Naive people will get taken advantaged of. Love is irrational and a double edged sword. People are very self centered. Relationships take alot of effort and may lead to mentally tearing apart a person.

How I reacted? I started torrenting and watching more anime.
Jan 30, 2015 6:34 PM

Nov 2009
Kanon had me crying rivers and gave me a lot of emotional stress afterwards, especially the first arc which was just gutting.
Jan 30, 2015 10:29 PM

Sep 2014
grave of the fireflies

jesus, i was around 6-7 when i watched it with my dad and i cried so much that i smashed the DVD and threw it in the garbage. when my mom came home (who's from japan) i cried to her for the rest of the day lol
;;
Jan 30, 2015 10:45 PM

Nov 2013
Awesomecake said:
Nana. Went into an emotional coma for like a month. First time i watched I didn't finish it, because i couldn't take the feels. It took me almost a year to work up the courage to finish it. Never wanted to punch fictional characters in the face that much ever before. I was also just a more emotional person in general while watching it.

Bruh me too. I liked Nana but honestly, Nana will make you a lot more sad/depressed than those shows like Angel Beats and Anohana, I had to spoil myself a lot because I was so done with crying and getting angry XD if you read the manga it kind of gets even worse... Even though there were a lot of happy moments too, the sad times were just... jeez.
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Jan 30, 2015 10:51 PM

Sep 2014
Elfen Lied wins, hands freaking down, for title of most depressing anime I've ever watched.

The end of Chrono Crusade is also gut wrenching.
CasyleJan 30, 2015 10:58 PM
Jan 30, 2015 10:58 PM

Jul 2014
Clannad After Story. After finishing a certain episode I cried like a 6 year old girl for ten minutes.
Take care of yourself

Jan 30, 2015 11:15 PM

May 2014
BadSeafood said:
5 Centimeters Per Second is some warm soup for the soul.

More like scorching piercing daggers. Everytime I hear about it or see a clip I want to beat the shit out of something. Damn.......but that's just gow life goes.
Jan 31, 2015 12:20 AM

Sep 2014
I've forgotten to mention my think.

Currently, It was Shin Shinsekai Yori..
Jan 31, 2015 12:25 AM

Jul 2014
Grave of the Fireflies.
Activated my feel card.

I read Oyasumi Punpun. That was depressing.
Feb 10, 2015 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
Pottymouth said:
Whats the most sad/depressing anime youve ever watched?

for me its:

Grave of The Fireflies
Saikano
Neon Genesis Evangelion
End of Evangelion
Naruto (When Haku dies)
Code Geass
Rahxephon

Ive also heard about Air, Chrno Crusade, and some others being quite sad or depressing in some moments.

What are yours?

EDIT: It's been about 2 years since I checked this topic. Nice to see it's still going. I've added more to the list of which I thought was sad or depressing.

Also this topic is not supposed to portray a negative reputation towards an anime, nor do I like being sad or depressed. The reason I created this thread was to get some insight on some anime of which people thought were heart-wrenching. An anime with psychological and emotional themes to it, always has an excellent story to it, as I've found.

Please at least offer something else rather than simply dishing out titles in this thread. Thanks.

ive got a list i found gurren lagaan(When kamina Dies And when Kamina basically gets popped ina flashback towards the end of the second season), angel beats, little busters Refrain!, Akame Ga Kill, darker Than Black
Feb 10, 2015 7:55 PM

Jun 2014
Hunter x Hunter when Gon and Killua separated. I cried.
Feb 11, 2015 12:19 AM

Feb 2015
AoT is the most depressing anime I've ever watched (No offense). I personally thought that Eren likes to talk big and I actually cried watching that anime.
Feb 11, 2015 12:28 AM
Jan 2015
The question can't be about sad anime because Gintama made me cry and saying Gintama is depressing is like saying Code Geass or Naruto or Akame ga Kill is sad(Yes I am trolling all the ppl above)
What is depressing?
Everyone in Fruits Basket. They were just too happy for a bunch of bullied orphans!
Half the people in Gakuen Alice. They made me hate the government.
Half the people in Gintama. I thought it was a comedy!
Hakuoki. They said it was a harem so I expected Ouran with samurai. Boy, was I wrong.
Kyokai no kanata. Damn that end theme!
Kamisama Hajimemashita. Tomoe's past is too awful T_T.
Fairy Tail. No, not al of it. Just the R tower arc. Every other arc or themesong was just fanservice.
Everything else was just boring. -_-
For Sale
Feb 11, 2015 4:16 AM

Jul 2013
Nagi no Asukara isn't really that depressing as a whole but at the end of episode 25, that was literally the most depressing moment I had ever felt on my entire anime experience. I was just really invested to that character and seeing her 'dying' made me depressed the whole entire week. Probably the reason why I can't take myself to rewatch Nagi no Asukara.
Feb 11, 2015 4:21 AM

May 2014
Evangelion was my first anime (barring some goku before school as a youngin) and I wasn't really prepared for EoE, mainly concerning Asuka. So that had me on the ropes for awhile.

More recently would have to be Shinsekai Yori, as a fan of anything Yuri my heart yearned for anything other than what transpired but I don't think my brain would have it any other way.
Feb 12, 2015 7:02 PM

Jan 2015
Grave of the Fireflies. If you don't cry with that movie, you probably don't have a heart.
Feb 12, 2015 7:07 PM

May 2013
Anah023 said:
Grave of the Fireflies. If you don't cry with that movie, you probably don't have a heart.

i cried manly tears T_T
Feb 12, 2015 7:10 PM

Jan 2010
Now and Then, Here and There. I alternated between laughing and saying expletives in long strings, and at times both simultaneously. I just didn't know how else to react since it was just so bleak.

I'm also watching Casshern Sins right now, and while it's not as depressing, Casshern is definitely trying his best to be the most depressing protagonist I've ever seen.
Feb 12, 2015 9:52 PM

Aug 2014
Anah023 said:

nah... I'm just manly

Plus that movie was over-rated. It relied on really cheap emotionally manipulative techiniques such as after-death montages of the character
Feb 12, 2015 10:12 PM

Jan 2015
I think Elfen Lied.
Despite the amount of blood and everything, the music, the scenes, all of it was too sad and deep for me.
Apr 5, 2015 7:15 PM
Apr 2015
I made an account just to post on this!
Clannad and Kanon, both being extremely similar encouraged spontaneous raining at many moments, both were beautifully constructed. And both soundtracks were phenomenal.

Angel Beats, while not a depressing anime as such, was incredibly emotional, and without spoiling anything, I hope, all I'll say is the ending to the train tunnel ordeal had me depressed for weeks. Still does randomly.

And surprisingly Golden Time. I dunno what it was, but I just felt really attached to Banri in that.

And in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, for those of you who have watched, I think they know who I'm talking about and what happened that made that particular moment quite sad.
JonnoiscoolerApr 5, 2015 7:25 PM
Apr 5, 2015 7:24 PM
Apr 2012
Grave of the Fireflies and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien(Rumbling Hearts)

Grave of the Fireflies is self explanatory.
Kimi ga is probably the most depressing drama I've seen, even more than Clannad and WA2.
Apr 5, 2015 7:30 PM

Jan 2015
The Honey & Clover series is just good in giving a rollercoaster of feels
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 5, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2015
The most depressing anime I have watched would be Clannad and After Story. It's not sad, it's depressing. It's ridiculous just how hard they try to make you cry. Most of the soundtrack for both the series is soundtrack which should be used when someone has died, showing a character's dark backstory, etc and such soundtrack consists 80% of the total Clannad soundtrack. It's just leaves you depressed(not sad).

And the anime whose ending genuinely depressed me was Death Note. In we were in the last episode titled "NEW WORLD", I expected Kira to win since Near was such a dick. But I then got almost a heart attack when it was revealed that somehow through various plot devices, Near managed to win and the end where Light walks through the sunset, shot several times really made me sad. I didn't know whether I should quickly pick up a new anime so that I can take my mind of it or not.
Inferno792Apr 5, 2015 7:44 PM
Apr 5, 2015 10:20 PM

Dec 2013
Zambot 3 hit me pretty hard. I was in a pretty sad mood for a few days after finishing that one.
Apr 5, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2013
Code Geass
I've never cried so much in an anime
Lelouch x Shirley
I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
Sorry. I can't go on.
Apr 5, 2015 10:27 PM

Feb 2015
Mirai nikki
Elfen lied
Clannad

Jan 2015
Alpha101 said:
BadSeafood said:
5 Centimeters Per Second is some warm soup for the soul.

More like scorching piercing daggers. Everytime I hear about it or see a clip I want to beat the shit out of something. Damn.......but that's just gow life goes.
lol coz in the end they *spoiler*
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race

Jan 2013
Is there any anime more depressing than Texhnolyze? Like the entire theme of the show is cynicism, and how anything you will ever do is utterly pointless.

And when the credits roll and you hear that song...
Apr 5, 2015 10:30 PM

Jul 2010
Bokurano....I didn't cry but it was just...hella depressing

Jun 13, 2015 6:20 PM

Dec 2013
Yes Bokurano.
NHK too, what a mindfuck ( literally ). One of the two anime that made me cry ( episode 21... )
Jun 13, 2015 6:29 PM

Nov 2014
I felt really sad when you know who died in Gurren Lagann.

Fuck that was sad.
Jun 13, 2015 6:29 PM

Jan 2015
Grave of the Fireflies-anyone who is an older sibling will cry no matter the circumstances.
Steins;Gate-the graveyard scene, gets me every time the extent of their friendship.
Clannad After Story-self explanatory. Damn you train scene.
Anohana-this anime ruined my day. Last 3 episodes were brutal on my tearducts.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 13, 2015 6:32 PM

Sep 2014
Hulohot said:
I felt really sad when you know who died in Gurren Lagann.

Fuck that was sad.

Yeah. And then in episode 26 the feels about it came again with double the force
Jun 14, 2015 10:25 AM
Apr 2015
Saddest Anime I have yet watched are:-
1) Clannad after story
2)Angel Beats
3) Code Geass: lulush the rebellion r2
4)Sword art online season 2 ( yukki's Death)
5)Elfen Lied
Jun 14, 2015 10:35 AM
Jun 2015
I just finished the anime called "Your Lie in April".

Now that is a sad anime. I highly recommend everyone to go check it out if you haven't already.
Jun 14, 2015 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
Texhnolyze and Mawaru Penguindrum.
Jun 14, 2015 10:39 AM

Mar 2015
can you get deppressed just with an umbrella? or a vending machine? or a single massage?
sorrachi is genius author who can make brilliant story with simple thing.

and some episode from mushishi and natsume yuujinchou are more sad than anime that considered as "SADDEST".
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 14, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - DAT Ending
Hikaru no Go - A certain something that happens
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - The ending and other parts
Jun 14, 2015 10:44 AM

Apr 2011
I don't think I've ever got depressed or sad due to any form of fiction but, anime-wise, the one that's gotten me closest to either emotion would be Shinsekai Yori. Episode 10 was just that powerful, I guess.
Jun 14, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2015
Mawaru Penguindrum: Sad would probably be the wrong way to describe it; it was life affirming and extremely moving.

Rose of Versailles and Ai no Kusabi: Both sad and moving.

Miyazaki's movies often have a bittersweet feeling which I appreciate. A bit sad, but ultimately hopeful.

As for depressing, I always get slightly depressed when I finish any series with lovable characters. Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Michiko to Hatchin, Slam Dunk, HxH, to name a few.
Jun 14, 2015 3:42 PM
Jul 2018
While it's definitely not the saddest/most depressing anime I've ever watched, I'm rewatching Natsume Yuujinchou right now and it's doing a good job at drawing out my sentimental side.
Jun 14, 2015 3:45 PM

Mar 2015
DrCoppelius said:
While it's definitely not the saddest/most depressing anime I've ever watched, I'm rewatching Natsume Yuujinchou right now and it's doing a good job at drawing out my sentimental side.
have you watch season 4 ova? most emotional episode in this series.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Pages (56) « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Dragevard - 6 hours ago

29 by zoeanime13 »»
1 minute ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 10 hours ago

24 by WatchTillTandava »»
20 minutes ago

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 8 hours ago

29 by traed »»
31 minutes ago

» Best official subs for og Naruto?

TheQuench - 7 hours ago

3 by Eleben »»
36 minutes ago

» Opinion on yaoi ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

draculalover666 - Jan 20, 2022

316 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.