Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of Ao no Exorcist Under Consideration

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 1, 2012 7:02 AM
Apr 2010
Akamitsu said:
Fuck Ao no Exorcist. Let's consider a 3rd season of Ika Musume instead.

Let's not.
Feb 1, 2012 7:55 AM

Jan 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Wasnt the ending filler? How will they pull it off?

They would probably do a FMA:BROTHERHOOD The second season will be like a new anime that would follow the manga.
Feb 1, 2012 8:46 AM

Jan 2010
idgaf I'm excited.
Feb 1, 2012 9:08 AM

Oct 2009
Great news, I must say.
Feb 1, 2012 10:01 AM

Apr 2010
I would watch if they remade the anime ..
Feb 1, 2012 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
since the Manga Chapters come out monthly, it will take quite some time to have enough material for a second season, how are they going to do it?
Instead of making a whole new season consisting of fillers, how about animating some other good manga; there are plenty out there :'D

the anime really wasn't bad but the fillers were just unnecessary :/

Feb 1, 2012 10:31 AM

Jan 2010
whitetear said:
They could easily go back onto canon plot with this. (Too bad canon's been getting kind of boring lately.)

The only problem is that they said a support character in canon is dead in the anime. But there's an easy fix for that...

*manga spoiler*

Anyway I'd much rather get a continuation or reboot of DGM...

His father didn't die, it was mistranslated:

"In the unofficial subs, there was a mistranslation where he claims that his father was killed during the Blue Night when in fact he said that it was his grandfather (Bon says "Ore no jiisan" in both the manga and anime").
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2012 10:58 AM

Nov 2008
yeah i agree with him
Feb 1, 2012 11:04 AM

Aug 2011
Would watch.
Feb 1, 2012 11:52 AM

Apr 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
whitetear said:
They could easily go back onto canon plot with this. (Too bad canon's been getting kind of boring lately.)

The only problem is that they said a support character in canon is dead in the anime. But there's an easy fix for that...

*manga spoiler*

Anyway I'd much rather get a continuation or reboot of DGM...

His father didn't die, it was mistranslated:

"In the unofficial subs, there was a mistranslation where he claims that his father was killed during the Blue Night when in fact he said that it was his grandfather (Bon says "Ore no jiisan" in both the manga and anime").
Oh that's interesting. Thanks, Kurimu. I couldn't remember what Ryuuji said but someone else I know mentioned it having gone that way in the anime. So then they could very easily just pretend the filler portion of the first season never happened and just start off the Kyoto arc.

btw I spoke too soon in my last post. Figures the same day I say here that canon's kinda sucked lately, I'd find the latest chapter is actually pretty good! ^_^;
Feb 1, 2012 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
The manga is good, I hope they will make a better adaptation, I wasn't really that impressed in the first season, but the characters is really likeable :)
Feb 1, 2012 12:29 PM

May 2008
AHHH GOOD NEWS YES YES MORE EXORCIST

Feb 1, 2012 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! T_____________T
Feb 1, 2012 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
This excites me. Greatly.
Feb 1, 2012 2:03 PM

Jun 2008
DO WANT SECOND SEASON!
Feb 1, 2012 5:41 PM

Dec 2009
The series were alright, even though I was a little disappointed by the end of it... but who knows, if they end up making it and it looks interesting, I might watch it.
Feb 1, 2012 6:08 PM

Dec 2009
dtshyk said:
He wants to air the second season when enough of the original manga chapters are accumulated.

Ok, good, perfect!
But what a dumbass! ><
Don't do a second season, do a remake! Why you ask?
Because the 1st season was ended with fillers...
Feb 1, 2012 6:14 PM

Dec 2009
If they can "consider" of making a "2nd season" of 'Ao no Exorcist',
then they should "CONSIDER" of doing a "remake" of the anime instead!

What's with them!? ><
It's commun sense that the "right thing to do" would be to make a "remake" and not a 2nd season!
Feb 1, 2012 6:53 PM

May 2011
Oh, boy, more Ao no Exor-shit.

Why even bother? -.-
Feb 2, 2012 12:43 AM

Jan 2010
they wish to ruin the manga once again Т_____Т
Feb 2, 2012 12:55 PM

Jan 2008
Ao No Exorcist Brotherhood.
PaulFeb 2, 2012 8:47 PM
Feb 2, 2012 11:46 PM

Dec 2009
I can't wait!! A second season reboot would be fantastic! :'D
Feb 3, 2012 10:30 AM

Oct 2011
Hope they will reboot the anime. I probably won't bother watching if they are going to continue on from the crapfest that was the last few episodes of the anime.
Feb 3, 2012 11:16 AM
Mar 2010
I'd rather they hold their horses until there is something to work with other then some stupid fillers.
Feb 5, 2012 4:25 PM

Jul 2009
Why not wait until next year or whenever it is the author has an end in sight, pull a redux and start again from scratch?

Feb 7, 2012 4:11 PM

Dec 2010
I never understood why studios, when creating a show based on something, decide to take liberties and deviate from their source. Leaving things out because of lack of time, I can understand. Expanding on one aspect of the show, I can understand. Including elements not present in the source that do neither of those things (such as changing the ending from what it originally was) I do no understand.
Stuartxtr7 said:
GarLogan78 said:
dtshyk said:
He wants to air the second season when enough amount of the original manga chapters is accumulated.

If they actually wait, then I am excited.

This.
As long as they don't screw it up again.
or they can pull a "Brotherhood".
I actually wouldn't mind if they pulled a "Brotherhood." I loved it far more than I did the original.

This is a signature, You are a reader of this signature reading that the signature is telling you that you are a person reading the signature telling you that the person who made this signature wanted you to know that you read that this signature is being read by the person who is reading the signature telling them all about the signature being read by you
Feb 10, 2012 4:54 AM

Oct 2009
How on earth are they gonna continue with a death end like that ? =.="

Here's one major example
In the anime yukio magically got blue flames, elf ears and teeth. I don't see any way to continue with the manga with yukio being like that.

Feb 10, 2012 1:10 PM

Aug 2009
I would watch it :3

Feb 20, 2012 7:39 AM

May 2010
oh , wow , suprisingly good news.. but i guess this ''how will they start .. WITH WHAAT?'' seems to worry me and MANY others.
Probably they will put on this '' WE DONT GIVE A FUCK , WE WILL DO AS THE STARS SAY''. -.-
or just slowly continue with the same filler , making new awesome plot, according to manga, later episodes.. or something like that .
IF NO.. then.. O__O
Feb 25, 2012 1:36 PM

Nov 2010
Ready, ready, ready for a second season! :P
Feb 25, 2012 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
BigSimo said:
jesus christ clearly it doesn't even deserve a movie, let alone second season OR reboot

I think the art is the biggest reason why the fanbase is so large, the characters are less-than-stellar
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 18, 2012 3:36 AM

Dec 2011
dtshyk said:
According to Jump Square magazine, a stage play of Ao no Exorcist was announced to be shown in 2012. Takeda Seiji said the Ao no Exorcist Movie will be premiered at the end of this year. He wants to air the second season when enough of the original manga chapters are accumulated.

Source: GIGAZINE

oh i can't wait for it..
Mar 18, 2012 5:33 AM

Jul 2011
same here looking forward to the second season.

as to how they'll reboot the anime, im guessing they'll probably do something like FMA and start from scratch.

I believe FMA was also a monthly released manga. It was good, thats why they made the first FMA anime with fillers and soon after another anime season which followed the manga.

Ao no Exorcist is pretty good and will most likely follow this path. I really loved how the FMA manga and the anime finished at the same time =D

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n
Mar 18, 2012 6:20 AM

Jul 2011
I guess they only did the Brotherhood when they knew that FMA was getting close to the end. Ao no Exorcist, on the other side, has just started, it seems.
I guess they'll make some creep connection between the filler and the canon material..
Mar 18, 2012 6:30 AM

May 2010
GarLogan78 said:
dtshyk said:
He wants to air the second season when enough amount of the original manga chapters is accumulated.

If they actually wait, then I am excited.

ooh totally. please wait three more years... though by then there'd be only 36 more chapters accumulated.
Mar 18, 2012 6:58 AM

Dec 2011
petalshreds said:

though by then there'd be only 36 more chapters accumulated.

The chapters are twice as long compared to the usual 20-ish fare, sometimes longer, so 72+?
Mar 18, 2012 11:20 AM

Mar 2011
My body is ready.
Mar 21, 2012 10:25 AM

Oct 2011
I just don't get how people who hated it even dare to read and comment. I mean, to enter on this topic isn't time lost to you?

Honestly I read the manga and watched the anime and, although they were different, I liked both. I hate fillers aswell and I can't wait for this. I want to see how they will make the story do a turn and follow the manga.

So yeah, the 2nd season is good news to me. Even better if they are waiting so they won't make a bunch of fillers instaid.
Mar 29, 2012 4:51 PM

Mar 2012
I absolutely LOVED Ao no Exorcist. It is by far one of my favorite anime out there. I am looking forward to the movie and a second series! I agree that it is one of those anime that could possibly go on forever with individual episodes.

(Don't read past this point if you are easily offended and don't want to read an angry rant from someone with too much time.)
And I don't care for manga nazis who jump at the chance of sounding like an elitist and complaining whenever an anime doesn't follow the manga plot. It isn't necessarily "filler" just because they changed the plot, that implies it's just episodes to fill up space until they get to the manga chapter adaptations. This does not apply if they change the plot on purpose. I never read the manga and I thought the plot and ending was GREAT. I can't imagine it going in another direction since how it ended was so deeply involved in the family's past history and the intricate build-up, I have a feeling if I read the manga I would probably feel disappointed in it, to be honest. That's what happens when you read or watch something first and then go to the other version. Once you're aware of this you can stop being so jerkishly judgemental over the details. That would be awesome. How about you just enjoy the fact that it's even being created at all? It takes time and money and people's care to get it this far. Be grateful. If you don't like it, than don't watch it and for the love of all things good don't take the time to follow it and complain. When I really like an anime or manga I could watch "filler" all the time and still enjoy it as long as it's there for me to watch.
Apr 12, 2012 2:33 AM
Dec 2011
Plot in the anime was good and interesting. I don't understand why you want 100% agree with manga. Second season sounds good for me and I'm really happy.
Apr 16, 2012 10:19 PM
Feb 2011
everyone's been wondering how they gunna pull of a second season when they didnt follow the manga thats where i think the film comes in i recon the film will be a retelling of the first season so that it follows the manga properly and then they'll make the second season a sequel to the movie instead of the first series,
this is me just throwing out ideas i though of it while re watching this series
Apr 17, 2012 9:54 AM
Mar 2010
More Rin X Shiemi and more Izumo-chan and cool pink haired dude is always welcome.

Especially more Shiemi....SHIEMI!<3
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 18, 2012 5:16 AM

Aug 2011
Ig4kLone said:
How on earth are they gonna continue with a death end like that ? =.="

Here's one major example
In the anime yukio magically got blue flames, elf ears and teeth. I don't see any way to continue with the manga with yukio being like that.

^THIS!

I will be awaiting for the movie but season 2? Not so much. Not unless they revamp the anime from scratch. They made the last episodes pretty much impossible to go on from. How much it derailed from the actual plot-line from the manga, it was embarrassing to watch. They could have waited a bit longer with the start or made a gap not to bite the manga in the a*s somewhere in the middle. I would've been fine with waiting if, let's say, they ended the season with the defeat of the Impure King. That way, it would have had some ground to start planning for season 2 in a reasonable setting , should they choose to make it.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Apr 18, 2012 5:40 AM

Jul 2009
I'm looking forward to this!
I wonder if the author has an ending in sight?

Apr 18, 2012 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
That would be nice. Pity it's not following the manga, but it could end up with a different plot (R+V style)
Apr 19, 2012 1:04 AM

Oct 2009
I keep reading the title as "Under construction" dang.
May 3, 2012 3:19 PM

Apr 2008
GIMME! And remove the fricking false ending from 1st season I SO HATED IT! But the series, I love it.
May 3, 2012 3:21 PM

Apr 2011
Ew.... Would rather see a second season of Guilty Crown because Ao no Exorcist just hit the fan after episode 12.
May 3, 2012 5:16 PM

Feb 2010
Jpark said:
Ew.... Would rather see a second season of Guilty Crown because Ao no Exorcist just hit the fan after episode 12.

Better to peak midway than to start out low and then steadily decline. If Guilty Crown "hit" anything it was the randomize button.
I probably regret this post by now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
16 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
31 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
Yesterday, 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.