Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2011 3:52 PM
Nov 2010
I kinda feel like almost nothing happened during all these 13 episodes. I was actually expecting for some kind of epic battle in this episode, but alas it was a cliffhanger.

This episode 2/5
Overall 5/10

I really hope it gets better in fate zero 2
Dec 25, 2011 4:03 PM

Jun 2011
Z-flame said:
I kinda feel like almost nothing happened during all these 13 episodes. I was actually expecting for some kind of epic battle in this episode, but alas it was a cliffhanger.

This episode 2/5
Overall 5/10

2 of your top 5 anime is the second season of Shana and Astarotte no Omocha! Could you not shit all over the internet with your comments please.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Dec 25, 2011 4:10 PM

Jun 2011
Ouch, cliffhanger.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Dec 25, 2011 4:11 PM
Nov 2010
Slicer22 said:
Z-flame said:

This episode 2/5
Overall 5/10

2 of your top 5 anime is the second season of Shana and Astarotte no Omocha! Could you not shit all over the internet with your comments please.

So you're saying I'm not free to voice my opinion like the majority of people here just because I have those two shows as my favorites, that's very mature of you. :/
Dec 25, 2011 4:14 PM

May 2011
Z-flame said:
Slicer22 said:
Z-flame said:

This episode 2/5
Overall 5/10

So you're saying I'm not free to voice my opinion like the majority of people here just because I have those two shows as my favorites, that's very mature of you. :/

He is just mad cuz you are right about F/Z.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 25, 2011 4:26 PM

Sep 2010
Hurry up 2nd ^_^
Dec 25, 2011 4:35 PM

May 2009
I haven't followed an airing anime with such excitement in three years and the amount of enjoyment I've gotten out of Fate/Zero is already insanely high. Now I can't wait to see all the cut scenes that will be added in the BD and, of course, the second season.
Dec 25, 2011 4:45 PM

May 2009
CLIFFHANGER!!!!! K', Im on the verge of a rageface here, but that aside, EPIC 1st season, now to wait for the next 3 months to finish quickly... 1st time i want summer to finish this early... Q.Q
Dec 25, 2011 5:26 PM

Nov 2007
Excellent first season. Can't wait for the next. Cheers~

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 25, 2011 5:37 PM

Feb 2010
Slicer22 said:
Z-flame said:

This episode 2/5
Overall 5/10

Oi oi. I understand that you disagree with Z-flame but you don't need to be disrespectful and tell Z-flame that he/she doesn't have the right to state his/her opinion here.

And pointing out his/her top two anime as justification for that ^ is not only unnecessary, but irrelevant and discriminatory.
Dec 25, 2011 5:40 PM

Sep 2010
What I disliked aside of the goddamn DEEN QUALITY sometimes.

Honestly, they should have, IMO:

1) Made the Mad Feast of Kings longer as they should have (stopping with Assassin's arrival).
2) Finish it in episode 12 season finale with Kirei/Gil full convo (after Kiritsugu's musings), cliffhanger of Kirei getting his command seals back.

Leave Caster, the whole Saber/Iri exchange, etc to the next cour.
Dec 25, 2011 5:48 PM

Feb 2010
Thess said:
What I disliked aside of the goddamn DEEN QUALITY sometimes.

Honestly, they should have, IMO:

1) Made the Mad Feast of Kings longer as they should have (stopping with Assassin's arrival).
2) Finish it in episode 12 season finale with Kirei/Gil full convo (after Kiritsugu's musings), cliffhanger of Kirei getting his command seals back.

Leave Caster, the whole Saber/Iri exchange, etc to the next cour.

Maybe Ufotable wanted to leave it at a cliffhanger to torture us lol. But I agree with you. It would have been better if they had done that. Then maybe they'll expand more on the Kings' Feast and I'll be more happy/satisfied with that episode.

And at the same time, they can end it at a cliffhanger with Kirei getting his command seals back, making people go WTH and wanting to watch more xP
Dec 25, 2011 6:18 PM

Feb 2008
i never read the light novels, but i'm so looking forward to the scene where berserker takes control of that F-15 jet and starts riding that shit like a boss..him and gil always have the most epic fights, and i think the next episode will be full of intense action

just frustrated that season 2 starts next april, can't they bring it back in late january or something sheesh..oh yeah caster needs to die ASAP.
Dec 25, 2011 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
BIGGEST FUCKING CLIFFHANGER EVER.

I'm so hyped for the continuation.
This show rules.
Dec 25, 2011 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
It was over even before it began...This episode sucks...I like Iskandar's talks since they make sense,but the murderers' talks were just senseless...For a filler scene, theirs were so excruciating to watch...It's like watching Shiro and Saber endlessly shouting their names at each other all over again...And it's supposed to be the cliffhanger episode...The murderous duo is already loathsome enough as they are and doesn't need to build up anymore hate for them...Good thing Iskandar finished it off with a roar...

Anyways...I give the series 10/10...
Dec 25, 2011 6:38 PM

Nov 2009
1 season cliff hanger.
iCab said:
BIGGEST FUCKING CLIFFHANGER EVER.

I'm so hyped for the continuation.
This show rules.

Biggest cliff hanger indeed.
ahhh cant wait.
Dec 25, 2011 7:23 PM

Oct 2009
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2011 8:00 PM

Sep 2010
asgardian said:
.For a filler scene, theirs were so excruciating to watch...

You call character development and set up scenes as 'fillers'?

None of this is filler. The only filler is the buffed up Rin's adventure, including her 'fighting' scene (yes, action can be filler like in this case). This was all in the source material.

The definition of anti filler.

If they haven't talked, Caster wouldn't have pulled out the big guns. Did you miss this part? He was putting a KUUURUUU show for Uryuu's sake and to usurp Gen-er God's pen. Without that scene, there wouldn't be SUDDENLY CTHULHU at all.

You might dislike it and that's ok, I find any Kiritsugu scene painful to watch, because he bores me to tears, but I don't call it "filler".
ThessDec 25, 2011 8:10 PM
Dec 25, 2011 8:44 PM

Aug 2011
TOTALLY saw this bogus cliff hanger coming. No shame. Great series anyway. Completely shits on Fate/stay night.

BTW, anyone know if they gave a reason for splitting it up into 2 seasons?

sallym613 said:
As for music, I think this is probably one of the weakest points of this show. Not saying that Yuki Kajiura's music is awful, but there is only one or two memorable soundtracks out of all the ones there. So overall, the music is good, but not epic or memorable or impressive as it could have been. Of course, you guys may disagree with this, but I'm just simply stating how I feel.
Yuki Kajiura did this? Sad I didn't notice the background music much at all. I loved Madoka's music. Might have to DL it anyway just to see what it's like.
Dec 25, 2011 8:57 PM

Mar 2011
Nice episode to end the series; too bad we have to wait to April HNNNGGGHH. Merry Christmas everybody!

8-9/10
Dec 25, 2011 9:01 PM

Nov 2011
The first half was excellent with 0 annoying characters, this is rare for me in fiction in general.

Karhu said:

Fate/Zero is shonen which is made to look somewhat like seinen because of the dialog and timeslot. It's still more shonen, think otherwise if you like. Enough wasted time here already. Bye~

Just because you say something doesn't mean its true,
The Art of Eight
Dec 25, 2011 9:15 PM

Nov 2008
I don't know when, but from this episode I realized how much I love Waver and Rider as a duo, that if they were to die in the second season...I will most certainly cry.

Saber was seriously awesome this whole season..and I just love her even more!!!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 25, 2011 10:43 PM

Sep 2010
SephiriAzure said:
I don't know when, but from this episode I realized how much I love Waver and Rider as a duo, that if they were to die in the second season...I will most certainly cry.

You should read the Light novels and find out before the long months wait.
Dec 25, 2011 11:04 PM

May 2011
To start off I def must say for me Rider def stole the show for this 1st half of F/Z espically with this last episode. I can't give it a full review since it isn't over yet and I'm pissed we all have to wait till April but I can say this so far is much better than FS/N for me anyway being that it's more thought provoking and actiony at the same time.

The talk between Caster and his master was also intresting and Caster looks like he is going all out for the cliffhanger but I'm pretty sure he's gonna die right there.

Anyway great series can't wait for the continuation.
Dec 26, 2011 12:00 AM

Nov 2010
What's with the pointless discussion of Seinen and Shounen, guys?Ah well, glad it has been stopped...

And rating this anime is quite problematic. I actually should put this part 8 if I count only enjoyment alone, but for me that's not the fair score since this part is the "supporting" materials for the second part...Or the second part won't be any epic at all.

That would be the same if I rate the first part of...say, Steins;Gate alone. In the end I rated it 10 since I know the first part is the builder of the second part.

So, I give this 9. According to general consensus of "F/Z always progress to be better from the beginning to the very end", I am certain that I will give the second part 10. Except if ufotable screws something really hard, which is most likely wont happened.
Dec 26, 2011 2:06 AM

Jun 2008

-_-
Dec 26, 2011 2:09 AM
Sep 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
What's with the pointless discussion of Seinen and Shounen, guys?Ah well, glad it has been stopped...

And rating this anime is quite problematic. I actually should put this part 8 if I count only enjoyment alone, but for me that's not the fair score since this part is the "supporting" materials for the second part...Or the second part won't be any epic at all.

That would be the same if I rate the first part of...say, Steins;Gate alone. In the end I rated it 10 since I know the first part is the builder of the second part.

So, I give this 9. According to general consensus of "F/Z always progress to be better from the beginning to the very end", I am certain that I will give the second part 10. Except if ufotable screws something really hard, which is most likely wont happened.

I am quite irritated at MAL for splitting F/Z up for this reason. They are the same anime but just taking a break in the middle to ensure high quality. It's like what you said, rating half a show(the buildup half)
Dec 26, 2011 2:16 AM
Jun 2010
Thess said:
Alrick said:
Fanboys are so funny. Believing that studying your opponents is beneficent over letting one of them eliminate another... applauds.

Seriously, shounen approach of the servants, as well as their futile attitude to this "war" downrated this season for me.

I'm a fanGIRL. If you want to do ad hominem, please get it right or STFU.

Rider doesn't want to eliminate them, have you paid attention? His whole character was built in conquest and have the defeated parties JOIN him (and he grows in power when they do because they join his NP!) for the pursuit of his dreams. If they had adapted the dream properly this episode (sadly, it was chopped), you've had seen him doing this in the past and pulling it off successfully. He’s the only Servant with a "shounen" attitude and that's supposed to be a flaw (although it's endearing, I admit). He's a brilliant strategist (he's been the one who simply ended the episode 5 conflict because he wanted), but his good natured personality clashes with the mood. The only reason why he took down Assassin was because (again was adapted poorly in this sense) they were endangering Waver's life (and he was slightly drunk and irate).

Assassin was forced to sacrifice themselves as pigs to the slaughter.
Lancer and Saber are being chivalrous because both are knights, they have a strong code to follow (they are Lawful in alignment guys). They have no qualms to kill each other as long it's fair. This creates conflict with their Masters. Kiritsugu in particular.
Berserker is... Berserker. He's without sanity. That's the point.
Gilgamesh couldn't give a damn about the Holy Grail War until he met Kirei and had the feast of kings with Rider and Saber. And what does he do? He has Kotomine find out more about the Masters with his Assassin scouts. He's shrew when he wants to be.
Caster was keeping his low profile as he built his lair (which is the specialty of the Casters) before he lost it with Arthuria's resemblance to Jeanne. He's also insane.

It's not the Servants who plot, outside of Rider and Caster (and occasionally Gilgamesh), it's the *Masters* who do that.

Angry feminine on the march I AM SO SCARED!
(sorry, don't want to be rude, just couldn't hold myself)

So what you do is giving me heroic heroic spirits' reasons to behave as they do. How on Earth do that make the tactic in this said title good or even decent?
I do see, this show is good at excusing stupid acts, so I don't really doubt its internal logic.

However battles between servants have never left the shounen level (so far atleast, maybe next season..)
And it has to do with the fact that all of them (not only Iskander as you claim) are in fact shounen-like characters unlike masters. Can count out only Berserker (as he is insane, and even more was acting only once in a while), and probably Assassin, who have never amounted to anything.

Now, as for the series itself. At the start I thought this to be 9-10 material, but so far I have been proved wrong. It ended up not as mature as I have hoped, after the very first episode.
However I still found series really enjoyable and quality stuff, so will go with 8/10 until the second half gets into play (if there will be no drastic changes going to threat those as one).
AlrickDec 26, 2011 3:31 AM
Dec 26, 2011 2:23 AM

Feb 2009
sallym613 said:

-As for music, I think this is probably one of the weakest points of this show. Not saying that Yuki Kajiura's music is awful, but there is only one or two memorable soundtracks out of all the ones there. So overall, the music is good, but not epic or memorable or impressive as it could have been. Of course, you guys may disagree with this, but I'm just simply stating how I feel.

Not all the tracks can be memorable and/or impressing. Some her other soundtracks tried to fit in a copious amount of vocal tracks that were indeed memorable but ended up as not being fitting. I'm personally happy I don't hear chants every 5 seconds. It's probably her best soundtrack in a while, in that respect. The use of music is also pretty impressive, considering that some of her other works didn't receive good music placement in the actual anime.
Urufuzu_reinDec 26, 2011 2:37 AM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Dec 26, 2011 3:17 AM
Apr 2010
Gtfo ending like that, at least it says April (unlike Saki /rage). Best part for this episode is easily Ryuunosuke talking about God then cheering for Caster as he summons that monstrosity, man he was pumped. Series was pretty much what I expected: quality stuff and champ confrontations/mind games.
Dec 26, 2011 3:33 AM
Dec 2011
Alrick said:
So what you do is giving me heroic heroic spirits' reasons to behave as they do. How on Earth do that make the tactic in this said title good or even decent?
I do see, this show is good at excusing stupid acts, so I don't really doubt its internal logic.

However battles between servants have never left the shounen level (so far atleast, maybe next season..)
And it has to do with the fact that all of them (not only Iskander as you claim) are in fact shounen-like characters unlike masters. Can count out only Berserker (as he is insane, and even more was acting only once in a while), and probably Assassin, who have never amounted to anything.

Well maybe you can explain to us what acts was stupid and why? Thess explains their behaviour because if they had done something stupid then it is due to their behaviour, but if that's not the answer you're seeking for then you should explain further.

And what's wrong with shounen anyway? Since when shounen is bad? More precisely, if there even such thing as a shounen fight or a seinen fight?
Dec 26, 2011 3:57 AM
Jun 2010
neurogal91 said:

Well maybe you can explain to us what acts was stupid and why? Thess explains their behaviour because if they had done something stupid then it is due to their behaviour, but if that's not the answer you're seeking for then you should explain further.

And what's wrong with shounen anyway? Since when shounen is bad? More precisely, if there even such thing as a shounen fight or a seinen fight?

I have not told that shounen is a bad thing. It definitely is not, I just do not enjoy it, that's all. Also would like to notice, that I do not count Fate as shounen, because it obviously is not one.

As for fights... well I do have problems remembering any fight-heavy seinen, but to give you an idea It is like Shigurui fights for example (bloody and fast, ending in just several swings or shots).
For me (suspect there is no common definition of the shounen and seinen fight) macho talks during the fight scenes and whole those SUPER-strikes put it into shounen category.

Want to say that I found Kiritsugu vs Kayneth infinitely more interesting as they were actually aiming to kill each other not just fool around like servants do.
Dec 26, 2011 4:09 AM
Jun 2010
Now back to the first part.
Indeed I think "stupid" was too hard. Just i personally find a lot of actions being contrary to the aim of the contest itself. However series have excuses for most of that stuff (those being mainly lack of heroes desire to get one).
What exactly do i find "strange" (lets use this word, not to be too critical):
For example the moment when Saber got herself surrounded by the Caster minions and Lancer jumped in to help here all of a sudden. Instead of much more logical attack on the Caster (who definitely haven't noticed his arrival) that would most likely result in elimination of the latter.

That what i account for a "strange" tactical decisions.As well as giving up the Assassin when the "war" is far from over etc.
Dec 26, 2011 4:29 AM

Jul 2009
Alrick said:
For example the moment when Saber got herself surrounded by the Caster minions and Lancer jumped in to help here all of a sudden. Instead of much more logical attack on the Caster (who definitely haven't noticed his arrival) that would most likely result in elimination of the latter.

That what i account for a "strange" tactical decisions.

There is also the thing about Lancer striking Caster's book only, while he could have easily stricken Caster himself too, killing him easily and early, earning his master a command seal.

Some other scenes bothered me too, but none of them really affected my enjoyment too much though.
Dec 26, 2011 5:03 AM
Jun 2010
MasterSpark11 said:

Some other scenes bothered me too, but none of them really affected my enjoyment too much though.

Yeah despite those controversial moments Fate is easily the best start of autumn (not like there were lots of rivals thou). Penguindrum gets the upper hand but again different seasons (not to mention genres), also Fate seems to have the best part in its pocket so far.

Sad thing, I can't get rid of the feeling that show is overrated and hyped... (sad because saying I don't care about such things would be lie unfortunately)
AlrickDec 26, 2011 5:07 AM
Dec 26, 2011 5:25 AM

May 2009
sallym613 said:
-As for music, I think this is probably one of the weakest points of this show. Not saying that Yuki Kajiura's music is awful, but there is only one or two memorable soundtracks out of all the ones there. So overall, the music is good, but not epic or memorable or impressive as it could have been. Of course, you guys may disagree with this, but I'm just simply stating how I feel.

I agree AND disagree. I wouldn't say there are only one or two memorable tracks for the time being. There are a few tracks that I'm really looking forward to. But I disliked the use itself of many of them. Songs that should have been used only once to give a distinct meaning to one scene began to be spammed throughout the first part of the series. Not only that but Kajiura needs to develop other types of songs for conversations and things like that. Always that cello kind of song, or SFX. Give me a break Kajiura, you've been using that since forever, can't you develop other kinds of songs?

For me, it was still better than Madoka's OST though. At least I don't have to listen to a bland song for almost 12 episodes.
Dec 26, 2011 6:47 AM

Aug 2008
MasterSpark11 said:
Alrick said:

There is also the thing about Lancer striking Caster's book only, while he could have easily stricken Caster himself too, killing him easily and early, earning his master a command seal.

Saber would've been destroyed by the wall of monster since Caster would have taken quite a bit to die after being stabbed.
Dec 26, 2011 6:48 AM

Jul 2009
MasterSpark11 said:
Alrick said:

1. It would be stupid for caster to not put a lot of minions around himself as well for protection

2. It has been discussed before, Lancer just barely scratched the surface of the book by sheer luck because he wasn't able to see what's in front of him due to the overwhelming number of those minions. It's like Kiritsugu was lucky to hit Kayneth behind that gigantic mirror.
Dec 26, 2011 7:22 AM
Dec 2011
Alrick said:
What exactly do i find "strange" (lets use this word, not to be too critical):

That what i account for a "strange" tactical decisions.As well as giving up the Assassin when the "war" is far from over etc.

Hmm, doesn't all the Servants have the ability to sense other nearby Servants' presences? That's why Assassin's special ability is that they can conceal their presence completely. So Caster can easily notice Lance when he arrived and make the appropriate protection. Or Lancer wants to save Saber first.

For the Assassin, well at least Tokiomi learns about Ionion Hetaroi first hand then being caught surprise in a fight. In the novel he did expressed regret for sacrificing the Assassins too early but thought it was worth it. But then this could also considered a mistake on Tokiomi's part on too fearful of Rider instead of other Servants.
Dec 26, 2011 7:35 AM
Dec 2011
Miya_F_Exia said:
sallym613 said:

I agree AND disagree. I wouldn't say there are only one or two memorable tracks for the time being. There are a few tracks that I'm really looking forward to. But I disliked the use itself of many of them. Songs that should have been used only once to give a distinct meaning to one scene began to be spammed throughout the first part of the series. Not only that but Kajiura needs to develop other types of songs for conversations and things like that. Always that cello kind of song, or SFX. Give me a break Kajiura, you've been using that since forever, can't you develop other kinds of songs?

For me, it was still better than Madoka's OST though. At least I don't have to listen to a bland song for almost 12 episodes.

I'm actually wondering how this decision to take a break and releasing a part one OST has effect on the usage of music. I agree, Yuki Kajiura has always been great at making a music that fits the exact atmosphere it is used, so I was also disturbed that they use the same one for other scenes.

By episode 9 (or so) they stopped introducing new music. It seems like they decided the tracklist for OST for Season 1 and used only from that and saved the others for Season 2. It wouldn't be a problem if it was many to begin with but it feels like only 20 tracks or less is introduced. Even Madoka with 12 episodes have 37 tracks in total. But talking scenes really isn't necessary for awesome music anyway, so maybe most epic music will be featured in the next season. After all, Yuki Kajiura's music shines the best in action scenes IMO.
Dec 26, 2011 7:54 AM

May 2009
^For the time being, F/Z seems to have 30 songs (there is already a "rip" of the songs). So it is almost the same as Madoka (not to mention Madoka had songs that were not composed by Kajiura and were still featured in the CDs; and there were versions of some key songs as well).

And while I kind of agree that scenes that involve talking don't necessarily request for epic songs, I don't like how Kajiura seems to recycle these songs over and over again. And I mean in multiple works, like KnK, PH, Madoka and now F/Z.
Dec 26, 2011 8:11 AM

May 2011
dankickyou said:
Just because you say something doesn't mean its true,

Opinion = opinion.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 26, 2011 8:18 AM
Jun 2010
neurogal91 said:

Hmm, doesn't all the Servants have the ability to sense other nearby Servants' presences? That's why Assassin's special ability is that they can conceal their presence completely. So Caster can easily notice Lance when he arrived and make the appropriate protection. Or Lancer wants to save Saber first.

For the Assassin, well at least Tokiomi learns about Ionion Hetaroi first hand then being caught surprise in a fight. In the novel he did expressed regret for sacrificing the Assassins too early but thought it was worth it. But then this could also considered a mistake on Tokiomi's part on too fearful of Rider instead of other Servants.

1. Yeah they do, I thought they can just feel presence, not who is here and how numerous they are. May be wrong thou.
Also minions have not even tried to stop Lance from uniting with Saber, that's why I have concluded that Caster did not see Lancer coming.
Again may be wrong if Caster didn't mind things going that way.

However I still think that even if it wouldn't result in surprise-attack, going for unguarded commander is smarter move compared to jumping into the ring of his minions.

2. Maybe that scene was just badly adapted (we are talking specifically about the anime version now am i right?), but it looked like Assassins have just came there to be slaughtered. They haven't even tried to go for the masters. And what bugs me the most... Well, ok maybe figuring out Riders NP was worthy accomplishment, but how on Earth did Takoumi know that Rider will use it?

I mean if it was not AoE, but a Single target there would be no point using it against several weaklings...

Again I may have missed smth here.

There are lots of other questions. Like why Gilgamesh have killed the very first Assassin using the Gates if Takoumi values secrecy and information that much and he knew that everyone will be watching. It is possible that he couldn't convince him to do it the other way.
But all in all those tiny strange decisions spoil the story a bit for me.
Dec 26, 2011 9:08 AM

Feb 2010
Urufuzu_rein said:
Not all the tracks can be memorable and/or impressing. Some her other soundtracks tried to fit in a copious amount of vocal tracks that were indeed memorable but ended up as not being fitting. I'm personally happy I don't hear chants every 5 seconds. It's probably her best soundtrack in a while, in that respect. The use of music is also pretty impressive, considering that some of her other works didn't receive good music placement in the actual anime.

Miya_F_Exia said:

@ Urufuzu_rein: True. It's not easy making 20+ completely original music that would not only sound good, but also fit in with the series. But anyhow, the music is partially why I'm planning to rewatch it right now. Because I only remember two different soundtrack pieces being played.

@ Miya_F_Exia: I really remember like..2 of them T-T Again, this is partially why I'm planning to rewatch the series. Just so that I can try to catch any soundtracks that I might not have caught before.

Though, like Miya_F_Exia and neurogal91, I dont think theres a need for music during conversations. That might be overdoing it too. Unless there's some dramatic emotion going on through the conversation, then yeah.
Dec 26, 2011 9:21 AM

Jan 2011
I rarely rate something 10/10, but this one deserves it. Cant wait for the S2.
Dec 26, 2011 9:24 AM

May 2009
I loved the soundtrack overall, but I do think some of the tracks were used too often and would've liked a bit more variety. I hope Kajiura has been saving most of the tracks for season two. I don't know how many times I've replayed the summoning sequence in episode one only to hear that amazing track.
Dec 26, 2011 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
Alrick said:
neurogal91 said:

1. Yeah they do, I thought they can just feel presence, not who is here and how numerous they are. May be wrong thou.
Also minions have not even tried to stop Lance from uniting with Saber, that's why I have concluded that Caster did not see Lancer coming.
Again may be wrong if Caster didn't mind things going that way.

However I still think that even if it wouldn't result in surprise-attack, going for unguarded commander is smarter move compared to jumping into the ring of his minions.

2. Maybe that scene was just badly adapted (we are talking specifically about the anime version now am i right?), but it looked like Assassins have just came there to be slaughtered. They haven't even tried to go for the masters. And what bugs me the most... Well, ok maybe figuring out Riders NP was worthy accomplishment, but how on Earth did Takoumi know that Rider will use it?

I mean if it was not AoE, but a Single target there would be no point using it against several weaklings...

Again I may have missed smth here.

There are lots of other questions. Like why Gilgamesh have killed the very first Assassin using the Gates if Takoumi values secrecy and information that much and he knew that everyone will be watching. It is possible that he couldn't convince him to do it the other way.
But all in all those tiny strange decisions spoil the story a bit for me.

I don't know the answers to everything you ask but here are some of the things I would like to say:

1. Judging on Caster's reaction towards Lancer's decision to fight with Saber against him, I doubt it's something that he wanted to happen. He only wished to confront Saber, whom he thought was Jeanne D'Arc.

As for the surprise attack part, it would have been smarter if Lancer went for Caster first. However, Lancer, like Saber, follows the code of chivalry. And there is a risk that Saber could still get killed if Lancer decided to go after Caster. Which is what Lancer didn't want since he wants to have a fair fight with her. So you can say that Lancer's act is partly due to chivalry and partly due to over-confidence that he can still defeat Caster and still remain chivalrous to Saber.

2. I don't remember if the anime has mentioned it, but Assassin was strictly ordered by Kirei through command seal (as requested by Tokiomi) to put all of their efforts into solely killing Waver and see if Rider would activate his NP in response. I think the killing Waver part wasn't made clear, so maybe that's why you got confused.

As for why Tokiomi predicted Rider was going to use his NP, I'm not sure. From what I read in LN, he assumed that the numerous amount of Assassins will probably make Rider desperate enough to use his NP. Rider can probably defeat those Assassins, but he still needs to make sure Waver, who is completely defenseless against even the weakest of servants, doesn't get killed. And Kirei, told by Tokiomi, strictly ordered Assassin through command seal to just focus on killing Waver and maybe killing Rider if possible.

Though now that I think of it, Tokiomi's plan wasn't too smart. But also, there was no point of keeping Assassin being alive a secret any longer since Rider and Waver already knows that they're still alive. And Rider, being a good-natured person, would have told Saber and Lancer about it. I think that was one of the main reasons why Rider decided to come visit Saber, which wasn't implied by the anime, but I don't remember atm.

But anyhow, that's the only thing I can come up with so far ^

As for Tokiomi's decision to have Gilgamesh kill Assassin: Tokiomi's plan was to make it look like Assassin was "killed" to fool the other masters. So that Assassin can successfully spy on the other masters without being suspected alive. Not sure how else Tokiomi could have made Assassin's "death" more convincing. And I assume that Tokiomi assumes there's not much risk in having Gilgamesh revealing his GoB. Gilgamesh doesn't have to reveal so much of GoB's power to kill Assassin. Luckily for him, Gilgamesh isn't willing to go full power on Assassin either, due to this pride.

Someone else can probably explain it better than I do.
Dec 26, 2011 9:53 AM

Jan 2008
Amazing show, it will be very painfull to wait till April for more :(((
I can easily call it one of my favorite anime ever. It still can be better, but anyway this show was extremely good., of course 10/10

Regarding last episode (5/5 for me):
1) wonderful, amazing and perfect dialogues, especially Ryuunosuke/Caster and Rider/Waver after the shopping. Haven't heard such good conversations in anime for a very long time. Simply amazing, you don't need action at all to enjoy such a show.
2) great cliffhanger
3) Caster's and Rider's seiyuu are awesome!

Stay patient till April!
Dec 26, 2011 10:09 AM

Feb 2009
Miya_F_Exia said:

And while I kind of agree that scenes that involve talking don't necessarily request for epic songs, I don't like how Kajiura seems to recycle these songs over and over again. And I mean in multiple works, like KnK, PH, Madoka and now F/Z.

Seriously, I like that because it gives the series as a whole a main theme and it gives you something to look forward to, a ''direction''.
The ''main theme'' of F/Z seems to be this one. I remember hearing some subtle variations of it( here arguably, and here).
I find the use of music to be fairly good. The noticeable tracks weren't used for more than 2 times. (The summoning song was reused in Lancer vs Caster and Gil vs Berserker was reused in Kayneth vs Kiritsugu, if I remember correctly).
The cello shit annoys me too, mainly because those songs don't strike me as being particularly inventive.
All in all, I find the OST to be fairly impressive so far, mainly because the chants aren't that numerous. Moreover, I'm pleased because she's not really using the ''short chant in the beginning of the song -> instrumental part -> same chant again'' format.
Urufuzu_reinDec 26, 2011 10:18 AM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Dec 26, 2011 10:27 AM

Jun 2011
Now I have to wait three months for season 2. But I have to say, this episode was truly a masterpiece. :D

Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

15 by SKILIFT26 »»
May 2, 5:14 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.