Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 21, 2012 11:50 PM

Mar 2010
I felt a bit disappointed after waiting for so long. The series of events is a tad confusing. The episode was a mixture of a filler and epilogue. Though in my opinion I thought the ending scene was an epilogue because of the reactions of the characters.
All in all, I think it was a nice closure to the series ending on a much "happier" note.
8/10
Good, but not worth the wait.
Jan 25, 2012 9:38 AM

Oct 2009
Hungry now.
Jan 26, 2012 8:11 AM

Aug 2008
*sigh* this ova makes me miss Toradora so much. Taiga, Minori & Ami <3
Feb 13, 2012 4:52 PM

Oct 2010
I agree this made me miss Toradora... but seriously as an OVA this was hardly any good.
Well is not like a sequel is possible after the way the anime ended so i guess this is as best as this will ever get
huh?
Feb 16, 2012 6:03 PM

Nov 2011
I thought it was good for what it was.. An OVA.

A lot of OVAs never turn out to be the most amazing un-aired episode you've been waiting for and of course it wasn't necessarily going to follow the story of what happens to them after..( A lot of people was disappointed because they wanted to see Taiga pregnant...) However for what it was it was enjoyable.

It was a bit silly but their was a message to it all which made it sweet at the end. (The meaning of making Bento, which Ryuuji finds out) Rather making Bento simply for nourishment it's also for someone else to enjoy and make that close someone to you happy. Then of course they have that little scene at the end with Taiga being forced to feed Ryuuji and them blushing was a nice way to end it.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 21, 2012 11:31 AM

Aug 2011
I liked this episode for what it is. It is an OVA afterall, it can´t add a lot to the story. It was funny, had its cute moments between TaigaxRyuuji. Just the part, where everyone was laughing because of the food, wasn´t well executed. 9/10 for me
Apr 17, 2012 11:23 PM

May 2011
I just realize how much I miss this show, all of it just hit me at once. I'm definitely going to re-watch it soon.

This OVA was exactly along the lines of what it was intended to be: Funny, light-hearted, nostalgic and Taiga Moe'ness (ftw). I loved every second!
Jul 23, 2012 4:23 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode, although it was boring for me, being about food in lunches and all. It reminded me of how good the series is, and how much I miss it and the characters. 4/5

Aug 9, 2012 4:50 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty disappointing, wanted more from the main storyline, the final scene was nice though. It was awesome to see taiga and ryuuji again :)
Oct 29, 2012 11:16 PM

Nov 2010
Now that was nice to watch. Its been too long since I've seen Toradora so i really enjoy this episode hope they show another, hopefully it wont take another 3 years but I'am not crossing my fingers.
Nov 17, 2012 11:37 PM

Aug 2012
I thought that this OVA is a story after episode 25 but I like the story about Ben-to even it is less in romace 9/10
Dec 3, 2012 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
Loved it, funny and hearthwarming :)
Dec 9, 2012 2:34 AM
Dec 2010
Hmm.. so it was just side story special which was made the way i'm not sure where to put it into series. It started of at the time where Taiga was still nervous in front of Kitamura but it ended at the point she was blushing in front of and feeding Ryuuji.
I would really wanted to see some kind of after story, I just love these after parts , not sure why thou.
That said, OVA wasn't bad at all, it was very good for side story.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 1, 2013 9:11 AM
Feb 2013
Although I always prefer longer OVAs like those about an hour long or so, Bentou no Gokui was a short and sweet episode that reminds you what you've watched in Toradora! across 25 episodes and also adds a great original message that Ryuuji admits learning. So I feel that, although the OVA does not depict an epilogue (Toradora! The After) as many would expect, it makes a fitting special episode that adds nicely at the end.

I personally do not want a sequel (specially if it's a sequel for the purpose of making a sequel i.e. milking the franchise) even if it would be great. I believe all good things must come to an end and therefore, Toradora's original ending concludes everything perfectly and beautifully. What happens after and how Ryuuji and Taiga spend their lives are left to be pictured entirely by the audience.
Apr 13, 2013 11:39 PM

Dec 2010
Minori saying "maaaaan" to Kitamura was easily the best part of the episode!
Apr 18, 2013 11:48 AM

Jan 2013
It was a little boring for me but the end made up for it. The lesson they tried to convey was nice but I wish they started explaining it earlier than just say it at the end. I liked the end, it was cute when Taiga was forced to feed Ryuuji. It was ok but it was great to see more of the characters.

Like I said before during the show, this has become one of my favorite anime. I'll be watching the spin off series next and then read the light novels once I have more time.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 26, 2013 5:25 AM

Sep 2011
I hoped for an epilogue of some sort, but it was funny nevertheless. And of course the ending scene was pretty cute :)
I guess this takes place after Taiga came back and now they are a couple. At least that's what I felt like seeing everyone making Taiga feed Ryuuji :)
Dec 17, 2013 5:42 PM

Aug 2013
The ending was really cute. It was a funny food battle. Poor Ryuuji, all is evil plan putted to shame xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 19, 2014 8:44 AM

Aug 2010
Thought this would be a some sort of continuation where the original series left off but its still fine the way it sits. Light-hearted and cute nothing really serious here (maybe only Ryuji and his drive for bento supremacy).

This OVA only makes me feel...................well HUNGRY. (I guess)
Mar 16, 2014 12:42 AM

Oct 2013
pretty funny, but overall lame
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 31, 2014 6:16 PM

Mar 2010
I really liked it! It was like any other episode except there were obvious hints that taiga and ryuuji liked eachother at that point so i enjoyed it ;v;
Jun 11, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
Lovely episode at the end. The bento thing was taken too much... but oh well it's an anime :D.
Jul 4, 2014 5:05 PM

Jun 2008
Well like many here I'm a tad disappointed that the OVA takes place in between the series and not like an after story. But it was a nice funny episode none the less.

One thing that bugs me though is that in the Artbook that comes with the blueray there is an interview in which the creators are talking about the OVA. They said that the Prologue of the OVA takes place after the final episode. Basically it's just Taiga making food, but I don't know if that's her Apartment next to Ryuji's house, or if that's Ryuji's kitchen. The creators said that basically draw your own conclusions from just that one scene. I don't know if their trying to tell us that they got married and live together and Taiga is cooking for Ryuji or what.

Regardless it was a nice and cute episode and I gave it a 9/10
Jul 31, 2014 9:25 PM

Mar 2013
I loved Ryuji's one-sided battle! I was so embarrassed for him when the teacher discovered his rice cooker. Taigi was so cute in this episode and Minori is always a blast. Great episode.
Nov 21, 2014 5:20 AM

Jan 2013
The beginning was funny, but it got a little stupid near the end.
It could've be done better.
Jan 17, 2015 3:23 AM

Dec 2008
Thats it...no more....all done....awsome! lol BENTO!!!!!
Feb 3, 2015 10:49 PM

Sep 2014
The ending was so cute. Made me really hungry though...I want to try Ryuuji's cooking so bad.
May 18, 2015 8:46 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well I was expecting sincerly something uhm else .___.
But the grandma scene was LOL xD

Sep 21, 2015 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
Good special, it kinda captured the essence of original series well. I guess the ending was there just to appease the fans. Logically, the actual order of OVA would be sometimes after episode 8 when she got conscious of him but before the summer, though it's true that hanabi in the end doesn't make any real sense from chronological point of view as that's when their school year started. Hanabi simply means this would happen sometimes after episode 2 but before episode 3 when sakura leaves were already falling.
Jun 9, 2016 4:58 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Dang, wish I had a grandma that can cook me all those delicious bentos.

The ending was nice.
Aug 21, 2016 11:16 AM

Aug 2016
Seriously i was waiting an amixryouji ova to be honest in an alternative universe or smth like that..but still i enjoyed it a lot!! I guess ryouji doesnt have a shoe fetish as ami claimed rather than he has a bento fetish xd
Sep 12, 2016 10:50 PM

Jul 2012
This was a fun episode. The lighthearted theme and Ryuuji x Taiga scenes towards the end were great 😊
Oct 12, 2016 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
Average OVA episode.
Nov 6, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
Meh, I was hoping for more development. Not necessarily bad, but well, how to put it...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 7, 2016 3:58 PM

Nov 2015
So, this episode is screaming SLICE OF LIFE so hard jajaja.
"four gays lunching together" xD I lost it jajaja.

- Ask what you want, don't be ashamed.
+ I want the lobster
- Don't you have shame!?

Oh, this special is soooo refreshing! It reminds me that time when Toradora wasn't edgy was fuck and it was very fun to watch (not saying the series has bad but it came to a point in which... well...)

First I was like: "Just... 6 fries?" and then Minorin brings up that mountain of fries!! She's the best friend!! xD
I wonder where this episode is placed chronologically.
Really, where is this episode placed in the timeline!? xD There was a lot of RyuujixTaiga towards the end and more than a couple of blushing.

Cool OVA, almost like the regular episodes of the first part of the anime.

PD: I hate when I watch an OVA or special and it hits me the fact that there's no next episode preview =(
Jan 8, 2017 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
I don't know why it took me so long to watch this but I'm glad I have. Just general cuteness from Taiga which cements her even more as my favourite anime girl (if that's even possible). 8/10
May 10, 2017 3:23 AM

Feb 2013
The ways of the bento are complicated!
Inko-chan, you are too much, Filippo Inzaghi!
Oct 25, 2017 2:32 PM

Dec 2016
This was nice and all, but man do we need an ova that takes place after the show's ending or what!?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 23, 2018 12:14 AM

Jul 2013
I love this more than the main story actually. This is quite funny.
Feb 23, 2019 6:36 PM
Apr 2018
I didn't quite liked this at the beginning but it got incredibly cute towards the ending when Ryuu realised that Taiga was the one who found his bentos delicious. And then Taiga made one for him!! Awww.

Also, why did Inko mentioned Filippo Inzaghi?

Overall, I liked this, even though it was kind of a filler. (Vanilla Salt for the win!!!!!)
Dec 4, 2019 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
Well... there are certainly better things this OVA could've expanded on. Oh well, at least it's over now.
Mar 14, 2020 6:40 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
An OK OVA compared to all the episode i seen before on this series. Well, Taiga cute scenes pretty saved this OVA. I am relly glad i watch this before move on to another show
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 29, 2020 8:05 PM

Jan 2019
Well, that was certainly an OVE, can't complain.

Though I feel like I've seen this exact plot somewhere? Down to even the lobster in the bento? Maybe I'm dumb and had already watched this without putting it on my list?

But hey, I'll never complain about more Toradora!
Sep 9, 2020 1:33 PM

Aug 2014
I did not get why they laught at Yuusaku bento at the start?
The thing about making bento for someone important to you is nice.
Too bad that at the end another forcing the pair by their friends.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 16, 2021 2:24 PM

Mar 2020
A very sweet episode, reminds me why I fell in love with Toradora in the first place!
Mar 13, 2021 10:06 PM

Jan 2020
I actually really enjoyed this, despite always nitpicking flaws from OVAs and specials (and in general disliking them).
3099Mar 13, 2021 10:09 PM
Jul 25, 2021 7:20 PM

Jan 2021
Is the last scene an after story thing? I couldn’t tell. Anyways, that was pretty mid. Except for the ending, that was sweet. It really reminded me of how wholesome Toradora is.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Aug 27, 2021 6:25 PM

Aug 2017
Huh, I'm hungry now. This special was better than the main anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 16, 2022 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
This was an enjoyable special episode. It was light and fun.

Given, I do wish it would have been more of an epilogue episode after the TV series final episode 25.

This special episode is best be seen after episode 13.
Dec 31, 2022 1:10 PM

Aug 2022
I didn't watch this OVA the first time that I finished Toradora!, but now that I finished with my rewatch I decided to give it a try, and man it's hilarious. 8/10.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» THANK YOU GOD!

Indulg3 - Sep 11, 2011

41 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 11, 2015 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.