Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2011 8:08 PM
May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Open for discussion, plus I bring a bit of new about the new OP and ED's.

New OP will be another Daisy x Daisy, ED is going to be done by Hi-Fi Camp

#9 - Everlasting Bond (永久(とわ)のキズナ) by Daisy x Daisy.
ED - Reach Out This Hand (この手を伸ばして) by Hi-Fi Camp

October 19th is when you can expect them ( as what I saw on DxD's website )

I have links to the source but, I'll get in trouble for posting them :3 but you can check Daisy x Daisy's main website for proof as well as the same for Hi-Fi Camp's/
ban1o.jpg
Sep 9, 2011 8:15 PM

Sep 2010
This was an interesting episode that seems to introduce a new arc. I wonder who that guy near the river is and what the council will do to Fairy Tail?

It was funny how the guild just acts like Lisanna was on a mission the whole time and throws her a welcome back party.

Also, poor Lucy at the end got hit by Natsu by accident.

Excited for the new opening and endings even thought I am used to the current ones.

Next episode looks like filler, but I guess since the anime is catching up quite fast that it is probably needed to keep the series going.
Sep 9, 2011 8:20 PM

Mar 2009
HikariNatsumi said:
This was an interesting episode that seems to introduce a new arc. I wonder who that guy near the river is and what the council will do to Fairy Tail?

It was funny how the guild just acts like Lisanna was on a mission the whole time and throws her a welcome back party.

Excited for the new opening and endings even thought I am used to the current ones.

Next episode looks like filler, but I guess since the anime is catching up quite fast that it is probably needed to keep the series going.

It's actually not a filler the next episode is when everyone picks their partner for the s-class mage exams
Sep 9, 2011 8:21 PM

Jun 2009
HikariNatsumi said:

Sep 9, 2011 8:28 PM

Jun 2011
Lol at Lucy and Natsu's ruined moment xD

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." -Unknown
Sep 9, 2011 8:35 PM

Jan 2010
dame_roland27 said:
HikariNatsumi said:

it totally is I remeber it from the manga. I kinda feel pity for the dude though.
Sep 9, 2011 8:41 PM

May 2009
Tsukasa_chan said:
HikariNatsumi said:

It's actually not a filler the next episode is when everyone picks their partner for the s-class mage exams

Well...my life is ruined. Didnt know about the S-Class thing...
Sep 9, 2011 8:44 PM

Sep 2010
mhm I hate it when the losers became good guys for no reason.. and the new guy alrdy looks like hes gonna became 1 of them =/
ishida's voicing him ,that's a +
well at least he started as emo not like jellal and mystogan.. go new guy..
Sep 9, 2011 9:04 PM
Nov 2009
RyuKirin said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Open for discussion, plus I bring a bit of new about the new OP and ED's.

New OP will be another Daisy x Daisy, ED is going to be done by Hi-Fi Camp

#9 - Everlasting Bond (永久(とわ)のキズナ) by Daisy x Daisy.
ED - Reach Out This Hand (この手を伸ばして) by Hi-Fi Camp

October 19th is when you can expect them ( as what I saw on DxD's website )

I have links to the source but, I'll get in trouble for posting them :3 but you can check Daisy x Daisy's main website for proof as well as the same for Hi-Fi Camp's/

October 19th seems to be when the single is being released we can prolly expect the new op next week or at least this month.

i say this month cause if it wasn't till the 19th that would be the longest they ever went without changing the op and ed lol (usually every 11-12 episodes).
Sep 9, 2011 9:12 PM

May 2010
I was waiting for that NaLu moment. XD

Other then that, awesome episode. :3 The guild is so lively again. ^_^
It looks like so much fun, I wish I could join them. LoL.

Looking forward to next weeks episode ofc! :D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 9, 2011 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't care for the episode. I'm amazed that they're not throwing in a filler though.
Sep 9, 2011 11:18 PM

May 2009
Ah...The master was the king?!!? I didn't even notice. Seems like theres gonna be some crying in the next episode, guessing from the preview. Seeing as how people are saying it's gonna be the S-Class arc, are they crying because they weren't picked?
Sep 9, 2011 11:37 PM

Aug 2011
I KNEW THE KING SOUNDED FAMILIAR XD

lisanna actually looked attractive to me this episode

new magic council looks lame...

that sasuke guy wants natsu to kill him?
Sep 10, 2011 12:17 AM

Oct 2008
As soon as we saw Juvia's violin music when we saw her depressed, I immediately thought the world's smallest violin needed to be played.

Also, who's Kinana?
Sep 10, 2011 12:33 AM

Aug 2009
its catching up to the manga real fast.
Sep 10, 2011 1:01 AM

Nov 2008
SoFarGone said:
LOL, no kidding like 49 chapters left. I really like your profile page how did you add the top 25 character thing?
Sep 10, 2011 1:12 AM

Jun 2007
I'm really looking forward to a new opening. I'm really ... not ... a fan of those types of 'music' that involve rapid speaking. I couldn't bear fairy tail right now without fast forwarding the op. ^^
Sep 10, 2011 1:21 AM

Dec 2009
I thought that next episode will be a filter episode, because it always happen after the end of the arc.

Well, I'm looking forward for the new opening and the ending songs.

Sep 10, 2011 2:27 AM

Feb 2010
no filler ep straight in the next arc that's how i like it^^

SoFarGone said:

i guess they doing the one piece route and slowing down the pace to 1-1.5 chapter per episode so far they have done an oustanding job with non canon stuff.
Sep 10, 2011 2:32 AM

Jun 2008
SoFarGone said:

That's true, I'm afriad that'll they make some fights longer just to fill a whole episode or add flashbacks all over the place. I just hope they won't put random fillers right in the middle of this arc. It's dangerous when they are so close to new manga chapters, there is big chance that they'll mess something up.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed in Lisanna's return, I think Guild's reaction was inappropriate (they were supposed to think that she is dead, not on vacations). But the biggest thing that bugs me is a fact that she's even alive - I think she was better off dead. Not that I don't like Lisanna, it's just I dislike bringing "dead" characters back to life, especially like that. It wasn't even convincing.

In this ep I loved Edolas Fairy Tail moving their guild :P It was really hilarious :D Poor male members, they have it hard xD

I'm looking forward to the next episode, because it's nice introduction to the new arc.
tovabrinkSep 10, 2011 2:41 AM

~♥It’s the heart that really matters in the end♥~

Sep 10, 2011 4:38 AM

Feb 2010
OMG IT WAS HIMMMMM <3 I think he looks hotter in the manga though..

And whut Makarov was Faust's counterpart?
Sep 10, 2011 4:46 AM

Apr 2009
Pretty good edolas filler they added in. I highly enjoyed it. I loved the lily scenes this episode, one of the coolest cats ever. And lol @ lucy getting punch by Natsu while he was sleeping. I just thought the episode as a conclusion and setup for the next arc was done well overall.
DreddSep 10, 2011 4:51 AM
Sep 10, 2011 5:26 AM
Jul 2010
Great episode, can't wait for the next one.
Sep 10, 2011 5:57 AM

May 2010
Lol,lucy got punched by natsu .....i feel really sorry for her but.......hahahaha.Looking forward to next episde.I wonder who will end up who!
Sep 10, 2011 5:59 AM

May 2010
Well i don't mind fillers when they are from fairy tail,infact i love them sometimes more than the arc itself..
Sep 10, 2011 5:59 AM

Mar 2011
Natsu thought Master was Faust's counterpart, but the leader of the new magic council looked pretty much like him, so I imagine Natsu is wrong. I don't really get what the Magic Council's problem is with Fairy Tail, since it's saved them once and done a lot of their work for them. They're just being dicks. Besides, how easy do they think it's going to be to Split fairy tail anyway?

Next episode is definitely not filler, I haven't read the Manga, but when you have a preview where you have half the people crying, you know it isn't the sort of episode to be filler.

Talking of which, the news that Fairy Tail is catching up is worrying. There's no easy way round this, so they could stop the anime for a while, which would be unfortunate, but perhaps necessary to maintain quality, make each episode cover less ground, which would be slightly annoying, but bearable, or they could introduce lots of filler, which would be bad.
Sep 10, 2011 6:52 AM

Aug 2011
nice episode, great way to wrap up this arc!!
Sep 10, 2011 7:29 AM
May 2010
dame_roland27 said:
HikariNatsumi said:

it could be zeref as everything around him dies but however he seems to know natsu so i wonder who he is
Sep 10, 2011 7:39 AM
May 2011
tovabrink said:
SoFarGone said:

That's true, I'm afriad that'll they make some fights longer just to fill a whole episode or add flashbacks all over the place. I just hope they won't put random fillers right in the middle of this arc. It's dangerous when they are so close to new manga chapters, there is big chance that they'll mess something up.

Most definitely they are going to make the fights longer to fill the episodes cause,

but yea did anyone notice how the art style looked kinda different and much much better than the previous episodes o.o?

BTW - Akira Ishida equals the mysterious boy who I believe if you look in the full cast list you'll see what his name is ^^ lolz.

also we got some new cast members for the new antagonists.
ban1o.jpg
Sep 10, 2011 9:56 AM

Mar 2010
I wanna see more Gildarts.
They partied fucking hard.
New council is full of dicks.
And best of all, Natsu's Megaton Punch right to Lucy's face.
Sep 10, 2011 10:23 AM

Aug 2009
The most important thing that i got from this episode: Next episode is giving us fanservice! Fuck yea!

And good for the council to finally take action against Fairy Tail for destroying cities, peoples homes and innocent bystanders while fighting. Now that Jellal wont be there to work his sweet mojo and just have them all chill.
Sep 10, 2011 11:07 AM
Jun 2011
Shinobinomi said:
The most important thing that i got from this episode: Next episode is giving us fanservice! Fuck yea!

And good for the council to finally take action against Fairy Tail for destroying cities, peoples homes and innocent bystanders while fighting. Now that Jellal wont be there to work his sweet mojo and just have them all chill.

I agree!! More Fanservice please!!!
Sep 10, 2011 12:43 PM

Apr 2010
Interesting episode.

Seems the magic council became allot darker then it already was and it seems to me that there allot of Dark guilds that infiltrated it.
Mystogan seems to be doing a nice job as king i wonder if he will be able to keep it up.

There also where some new faces in this episode and i wonder what they will add to the anime.
Sep 10, 2011 1:26 PM
Sep 10, 2011 3:40 PM
May 2011
agreed,
hyperwarp said:
GaZsTiC said:
Decent episode.

(possible manga spoilers for this ep)

gtfo idiot not all people read manga, ban this troll for spoiling

He didn't even spoil... the next arc isn't shit though I thought it was the best one so far.
sakaOct 1, 2011 12:14 AM
ban1o.jpg
Sep 10, 2011 3:43 PM

Aug 2011
TreeVillage said:
Did you guys know that this girl

was this thing?

nope.. are you trolling?
Sep 10, 2011 3:52 PM

Mar 2011
The lack of fillers before the next arc could indicate that they intend to end the anime after the next arc.
MegacchiSep 10, 2011 3:59 PM
Sep 10, 2011 4:10 PM
Apr 2011
shiromegami said:
TreeVillage said:
Did you guys know that this girl

was this thing?

nope.. are you trolling?

They mean it. It was a bit of trivia mentioned in her bio in the manga. She was under a curse that turned her into a snake, and Makarov reverted her to her human form after the Nirvana arc.
Sep 10, 2011 4:36 PM
Apr 2011
RyuKirin said:
agreed,
hyperwarp said:
GaZsTiC said:
spoiler

gtfo idiot not all people read manga, ban this troll for spoiling

He didn't even spoil... the next arc isn't shit though I thought it was the best one so far.

Except he kind of did spoil because he revealed the fact that

It was a nice episode but pretty useless to watch. Probably 5 minutes all up was worth watching, really. I assume the next episode is going to go in two paths: they're going to continue with the newly reformed Magic Council's plan to tear apart Fairy Tail or continue onto the next arc. If they do continue onto the next arc, well ... I assume they're going to end the season or introduce a mega filler. Or they'll pull a Bleach and insert 10 episode fillers every 5 episodes ... or maybe a Naruto with flashbacks. I mean, the approaching arc only JUST ended in the manga ...
Sep 10, 2011 6:50 PM
Apr 2011
Actually, I'd say that the arc has one or two more chapters to go in the manga.

I'm hoping they'll draw the fights out more. They all got really hyped up and the steamrolled so they wouldn't take much time. Not to mention that Mashima absolutely trolled the readers with one of the fights he had happen off screen. Like, worse than when he had Midnight v Jellal happen off screen.

But anyway, it was a really good episode. The scene with the killing mage came out nicer than it did in the manga imo.
Sep 10, 2011 7:39 PM

Sep 2009
I didn't think that Kinana person was Cobra's snake, interesting though. :U

That last guy's introduction was spiffy too, wonder what his connection to Natsu is though.
Sep 10, 2011 8:09 PM

Sep 2006
Next episode is definitely going to the next arc, since we see Kana + Lucy and the title is called Best Partners. But ... they could also do what they've been doing so far and insert a little filler right after. They have to though, because otherwise it would mean that the manga and anime will be covering the same arc simultaneously.

And I don't want epic fillers like Naruto/Bleach, nor Fairy Tail taking an indefinite hiatus after the next arc.
Sep 10, 2011 9:39 PM

Sep 2011
Who is that hot black-haired guy?! xD
Ahh, I'm so curious >_<
Sep 10, 2011 10:08 PM
May 2010
RyuKirin said:

This. I don't get why some people are saying the arc is bad. I think it's epic. My favorite one so far.
Sep 10, 2011 10:09 PM

Aug 2011
Yay for new op
Sep 10, 2011 10:21 PM

May 2008
For the manga readers, did anyone notice when...

Sep 10, 2011 11:57 PM

Aug 2009
Igloo said:
RyuKirin said:

This. I don't get why some people are saying the arc is bad. I think it's epic. My favorite one so far.

Sep 11, 2011 1:09 AM

Jul 2011
I forgot who Zeref was... DX I remember hearing that name in the earlier-ish episodes... I hate it when I forget something and remember it at the same time... (If that makes sense o-o)

Sep 11, 2011 4:31 AM

Jan 2008
-Aoitsuki- said:
Who is that hot black-haired guy?! xD
Ahh, I'm so curious >_<

It's been mentioned in this thread multiple times already :D

Funny fact about this episode:
Sep 11, 2011 5:03 AM

Aug 2008
Katsuri said:
For the manga readers, did anyone notice when...

Exactly ;) Really nice and subtle hint ^^ But if I didn't read the manga, I wouldn't even notice this.

Anyway, nice introduction - it shows that you can make a half-filler episode which is actually good to watch. I wouldn't mind if they would do the same thing with the rest of the arc (which in my opinion is really good. Ok,

but all in all it's nice a idea for the story ^^

And yay~ for Akira Ishida! Love this guy and his crazy roles xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FireBallsDJ - Mar 29, 2013

393 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 12, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KaaN10 - Oct 11, 2010

104 by AngelMilky_15 »»
May 9, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Sep 27, 2010

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shadowsword - Sep 20, 2010

89 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KaaN10 - Sep 13, 2010

107 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.