Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2011 11:14 AM

Oct 2010
If you read this without having finished Steins;Gate don't even think of crying about spoilers.

Starting WL: 1.130426%

Episode 1:

The first worldline shift leaves us at a destination of 0.571024.

Episode 7:

This is the second dmail influenced change to the worldline that we are shown leaving us at a destination of 0.571015. The attempt of this dmail was to test the validity of dmail by winning the lottery.

Episode 8a:

Third dmail induced worldline change with a destination of 0.523299. The attempt of this dmail is unknown, but it assumed that Moeka used it in an attempt to obtain the IBN 5100 before Okabe.

Episode 8b:

Fourth dmail worldline change with a destination of 0.456903. The attempt of this dmail was to change the gender of Ruka interestingly enough by sending a message to a pager before cellphones were prominent.

Episode 9:

Fifth change to the worldline via dmail with a destination of 0.409420. This is another dmail where we're left in the dark as to the actual intention, but I'm personally under the belief that it was to either save the life of Feyris's father who may have died. Regardless, the outcome is the complete erasure of Akihabara as we know it.

Episode 10:

Sixth change via dmail with a destionation of 0.337187. The intent of this dmail was to prevent Suzuha from leaving and giving up trying to find her father.

Episode 14:

Still (roughly) on worldline 0.337187

Episode 15:

Episode 16a:

Episode 16b:

Seventh dmail worldline change with a destination of 0.409031. (which brings us almost back to 0.409420 where Feyris made an unknown change) The intent of this dmail was to change Suzuha's fate.

Episode 17:

Eighth dmail change with a destination of 0.456914. The intend of this dmail was to undo Feyris's dmail which saved the life of her father. (per my original theory)

Episode 18:

Dmail change nine with a destination of 0.523307. The intended result of this dmail was to undo Ruka's dmail which changed him into a girl. This dmail also brings us back to to right before Moeka sent her dmail. (at 0.523299)

Episode 20:

Dmail change ten with a destination of 0.571046. The intended result of this dmail was the return of the IBN 5100. Note: The original after the very first dmail was 0.571024 so we've passed the lottery dmail which wasn't terribly important to begin with. This is also the point where our idiotic male lead finally realizes what comes next. He's such a damn noob...

Episode 22:

Worldline change ten, destination 1.13025. Back to Beta.

Episode 24:

There was a major wl change here but the final divergence (1.048596%) is unshown in the anime.

~~~~

If you have any info that you think needs added to this or corrections feel free to let me know.
hikaricoreSep 14, 2011 9:53 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 21, 2011 3:41 AM
Jan 2011
nice thread, i get more of the show now.
one question, can u tell me about the 1%(ichi parcento) that they talk about? is that the 'real' worldline? or does the world line move from alpha to beta(or vice versa?) to cause a big change?

p.s. i check the manga but i cant find the original world line, mind telling me with the 'spoiler' tag?
Jul 21, 2011 7:16 AM

Oct 2010
4nim3w4tch3r said:
nice thread, i get more of the show now.
one question, can u tell me about the 1%(ichi parcento) that they talk about? is that the 'real' worldline? or does the world line move from alpha to beta(or vice versa?) to cause a big change?

There is no "real' worldline persay, but there are major worldlines and minor worldlines. After a change of 1% which I believe to be equal to 1 major decimal place, things that are destined to happen in one major worldline and its minor worldlines is subject to change. This is because of whatever massive event which occurred causing the large jump in the divergence meter. As has been mentioned in the anime these massive events are often things like wars and global technological failures/breakthroughs.

4nim3w4tch3r said:

p.s. i check the manga but i cant find the original world line, mind telling me with the 'spoiler' tag?

hikaricoreJul 21, 2011 7:23 AM
Jul 27, 2011 2:17 AM
Jan 2011
ahh, that helps a lot dude. thanks
Aug 16, 2011 3:43 PM

Oct 2010
Updated to Episode 20.
Aug 16, 2011 9:16 PM

Nov 2008
There's no way Okarin could be a noob. =. = He was very occupied on saving Mayuri without thinking about others so it was reasonable that he thought about it late.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 16, 2011 9:49 PM

Feb 2011
DenjaX said:
There's no way Okarin could be a noob. =. = He was very occupied on saving Mayuri without thinking about others so it was reasonable that he thought about it late.

Understandably so. This is the guy that witnessed his best friend die about a dozen times.
Aug 16, 2011 10:27 PM

Oct 2010
He also witnessed the aftermath of Kurisu's murder in episode one.. idk I just can't imagine that slipping his mind regardless. :p
Aug 16, 2011 10:30 PM

Feb 2011
hikaricore said:
He also witnessed the aftermath of Kurisu's murder in episode one.. idk I just can't imagine that slipping his mind regardless. :p

At that point he had no idea what D-Mail was. I'm thinking that until now he was thinking that his first D-Mail was the one he sent about the lottery.
Aug 16, 2011 10:37 PM

Oct 2010
That's a fair assumption, I guess I just expected more from him.
Aug 21, 2011 1:54 PM

May 2007
What will happen when number goes higher than 2? (example 2.546786)

World which would be a maximum happy end?
Aug 21, 2011 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
PilariousD said:
What will happen when number goes higher than 2? (example 2.546786)

World which would be a maximum happy end?

NOPE. This is taken from one of the Drama CDs

2.615074%

Set in a completely separate timeline from the story, Okarin finds himself a member of the Rounders and is known as “M3″ to Moeka. Suzuha claims the future is ruled by him, betraying the trust of others.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 30, 2011 2:05 PM

Apr 2010
kaimax said:

2.615074%

Set in a completely separate timeline from the story, Okarin finds himself a member of the Rounders and is known as “M3″ to Moeka. Suzuha claims the future is ruled by him, betraying the trust of others.

For real?!?!?! And he kills people like Moeka? So if bigger percentage then worse the world is. The best would be 0.0% - Utopia.

Hikarikore update your list
episode 22:

Hikaricore said that original world was 1.130246, Okarin is now in 1.130205 (only 0.000041% difference)

hikaricore said:
As you can see this appears to be the last number from the first worldline shift leaving us at a destination of 0.571024, however based on the manga I believe the original worldline to be a much higher number.

0.571024 is alpha world(after change) and 1.130246 is original world(before change). I think.
Iwans18Aug 30, 2011 2:18 PM
Aug 30, 2011 5:26 PM

Oct 2010
Updated. Some of us have important naps to take in the afternoon due to boredom. :p
Aug 30, 2011 9:21 PM

Jun 2007
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the first episode's world line shift wasn't the first time he'd done that. In one of the future episodes Mayushii mentions Okarin was bed ridden as a child and had similar head twitches as he does when he switches world lines...only she doesn't know he's switching lines she just thinks he randomly has these migraine attacks. With that said I think he may have jumped back to when he was a kid at some point in an attempt to save everyone. This may have been the cause of his childhood sickness. His little mind couldn't handle all the information entering it. He may not even be from the beta or alpha lines. I also suspect he unintentionally caused Mayushii's loved one to die (I forgot who it was that died).
Aug 31, 2011 2:30 PM
May 2008
Iwans18 said:
kaimax said:

2.615074%

For real?!?!?! And he kills people like Moeka? So if bigger percentage then worse the world is. The best would be 0.0% - Utopia.
Uh. Not really. The number of the world line probably doesn't actually mean anything. It's just a label. It's much easier to call the world line "1" than "The World Line where Kurisu dies but not Mayuri." There likely exists a world line for every possibility. Meaning a world line where Kurisu and Mayuri both live exists. If Okabe wished he could continue changing history and exploring countless world lines until he finally reaches a world he desired, but I think he realized that no person should be able to do such a thing.
Aug 31, 2011 3:45 PM

Feb 2011
DemonicChocobo said:
Uh. Not really. The number of the world line probably doesn't actually mean anything. It's just a label.

The number itself doesn't mean much, but the difference in divergence does. The higher the difference, the more things change. 2% is more different from 0% than 1%
Sep 1, 2011 1:36 AM

Jun 2009
DemonicChocobo said:
If Okabe wished he could continue changing history and exploring countless world lines until he finally reaches a world he desired, but I think he realized that no person should be able to do such a thing.

Actually, there is very real danger to stuck in some terrible worldline, because you never created the time machine there...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Sep 1, 2011 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
AlexTrusk said:

Actually, there is very real danger to stuck in some terrible worldline, because you never created the time machine there...

But if you remember how to build it, then there is no problem. But what if because of your actions, you will never be born? And who build Time Machine(microwave)? Daru or Okabe? Or both?
Sep 1, 2011 8:19 AM

Jun 2011
Iwans18 said:
AlexTrusk said:

But if you remember how to build it, then there is no problem. But what if because of your actions, you will never be born? And who build Time Machine(microwave)? Daru or Okabe? Or both?

Daru. Obake has absolutely nothing to do with the phone microwave.
Sep 1, 2011 10:23 AM

Feb 2011
Kansokusha said:

Daru. Obake has absolutely nothing to do with the phone microwave.

It's my understanding that Okabe did have SOME hand in the creation of the Phone Microwave (name subject to change), but it was mostly Daru who actually did the nitty-gritty stuff.
Sep 1, 2011 10:34 AM
Jun 2008
^
without Okabe(observer), the phone microwave is uncontrollable time destruction ...
imagine people sending D-mail without knowing the big changes around themselve,they will just keep on sending D-mail untill the world end lol.
To be honest, I am quite glad that Mayuri die.At least Okabe will see how dangerous the time machine is and he is willing to undo the changes.I can't even imagine the horror if Okabe announce the time machine to the open public.
MorningGlorySep 1, 2011 10:38 AM
Sep 1, 2011 10:39 AM

Feb 2011
It isn't that SERN is evil, it's just that its methods are quite inhumane and it's basically just a puppet of the Committee of 300.
Sep 1, 2011 10:45 AM
Jun 2008
I haven't even mention about sern(thou I deleted it after a while) >.>''' ...I just saying the importance of Okabe, and the death of Mayuri .
Sep 2, 2011 10:09 AM
Apr 2011
Well, in regards to who is "more important" to the contribution of the time machine. It doesn't really matter as they still dont really understand WHY they have a time machine. They are actually more of hooking up phone to microwave to headset (and somehow TV which is not explained), which is done accidentally.

So anyone (Okabe in this anime's case) with the idea to hook up the phone to the microwave will be more than enough to build the time machine again by "accident".
Sep 3, 2011 1:11 PM
Feb 2011
Iwans18 said:
kaimax said:

2.615074%

Hikarikore update your list
episode 22:

Hikaricore said that original world was 1.130246, Okarin is now in 1.130205 (only 0.000041% difference)

Doesn't this mean that there is a possibillity that because of that small difference between original and current betaworld that Kurisu can stay alive? Or is this just based on false hope?
Sep 3, 2011 3:21 PM

Feb 2011
JanitorsMunk said:

Doesn't this mean that there is a possibillity that because of that small difference between original and current betaworld that Kurisu can stay alive? Or is this just based on false hope?

It's possible (because Feyris's father's death was averted by a relatively minor shift in world lines), but not likely.
Sep 3, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2007
*spoilers*

@JanitorsMunk

If 1.130246 is indeed the original starting point, and 1.130205 is the new number, then there is a slight chance of things changing for the better on their own. Though with such a small difference, it's likely just a matter of how or where or when Kurisu dies as compared to changing it completely.

However, with Suzuha phoning Okabe at the end of episode 22, which never happened before, there appear to be more changes occurring than should be happening on the beta line. Now, with Suzuha's involvement, maybe Kurisu can be saved.

This idea, of course, is going off the fact that I have no idea what the "true end" of the story is (which will apparently be the ending shown in episode 24), so I can honestly only hope that Kurisu manages to come out alive.

EDIT: Oh, RedMage23... nice pic. Suzuha FTW <3 (even though I prefer Kurisu... <3<3<3 )
Sep 3, 2011 4:29 PM

Feb 2011
Ravenhood said:

However, with Suzuha phoning Okabe at the end of episode 22, which never happened before, there appear to be more changes occurring than should be happening on the beta line. Now, with Suzuha's involvement, maybe Kurisu can be saved.

EDIT: Oh, RedMage23... nice pic. Suzuha FTW <3 (even though I prefer Kurisu... <3<3<3 )

It never happened before because Okabe was never IN the beta world line past July 28th. The events of the first episode happened almost 3 weeks ago.

And thanks :)
Sep 3, 2011 4:50 PM

Aug 2007
RedMage23 said:
Ravenhood said:

It never happened before because Okabe was never IN the beta world line past July 28th. The events of the first episode happened almost 3 weeks ago.

And thanks :)

Then was that another world line entirely? (I've heard some people talk about the gamma line, but I don't know if that's the one mentioned in the drama CD, where Okabe is all evil or whatever. XD) Do the time travel rules of the world lines matter that early on?

EDIT: And now that I think about it, what day does episode 22 end on? Is it back to late July? (There was a calendar on the wall... gonna go back and see if it had a date circled or something...)

EDIT 2: It looks like it's back to July 23rd, around when the TV had been broken. At least, that's the vibe I got from the view we were given. Okabe staring at us, Mayuri on the couch, Daru at the computer.
RavenhoodSep 3, 2011 4:57 PM
Sep 3, 2011 5:43 PM

Feb 2011
Ravenhood said:

EDIT: And now that I think about it, what day does episode 22 end on? Is it back to late July? (There was a calendar on the wall... gonna go back and see if it had a date circled or something...)

EDIT 2: It looks like it's back to July 23rd, around when the TV had been broken. At least, that's the vibe I got from the view we were given. Okabe staring at us, Mayuri on the couch, Daru at the computer.

But... that's... that makes no sense! I can understand erasing the D-Mail moves world lines, but I DON'T understand how it can just magically deposit Okabe almost 4 weeks in the past.
Sep 3, 2011 7:45 PM

Jun 2011
Ravenhood said:
Then was that another world line entirely? (I've heard some people talk about the gamma line, but I don't know if that's the one mentioned in the drama CD, where Okabe is all evil or whatever. XD) Do the time travel rules of the world lines matter that early on?

Yes, the Gamma Worldline is where Okabe betrayed everyone and became a coldblooded tyrant. The title of the drama CD says it all, Steins;Gate Drama CD Gamma "Hyde of the Dark Dimension"(Hyde - a reference to the story Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde)

RedMage23 said:
Ravenhood said:

But... that's... that makes no sense! I can understand erasing the D-Mail moves world lines, but I DON'T understand how it can just magically deposit Okabe almost 4 weeks in the past.

It's still 17 Aug after the shift. Okabe was staring at the TV in 28 Jul, while he's staring at the flyer of Dr. Nakabachi's time machine press conference in 17 Aug.
Sep 4, 2011 8:51 AM

Jun 2009
Nice post, i wish i had seen this before. xD
Sep 10, 2011 5:38 AM

Jul 2010
Hmm, could someone clarify the exact nature of the divergence number? To me, the term "divergence" sounds like a relative term--i.e. the number is a measure of how different the current world line is from the previous (in which case the same divergence number could refer to an infinite number of world lines, as long as their difference is the same). OR, is it an absolute measure, with each number designating a specific and unique world line? If this is the case, what exactly is the divergence measured relative to? *confused* =/
Sep 13, 2011 6:06 AM

Jul 2010
Divergence changing scenes from VN
Sep 14, 2011 2:49 AM

Jul 2011
Check title logo. You can find two divergence numbers.
Sep 14, 2011 3:16 AM

Oct 2010
I didn't notice a divergence number after the final wl change but it's likely below the 0.000000% mark.

darudarl said:
Check title logo. You can find two divergence numbers.

Eh?
Sep 14, 2011 4:03 AM

Nov 2007
That banana. Mayushii is responsible!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 14, 2011 4:19 AM

Nov 2009
The divergence for S;G world line is

I wonder why they didn't show it in the last episode.
Sep 14, 2011 4:29 AM

Nov 2007
Is that even necessary?
Coronavirus.
Sep 14, 2011 4:31 AM

Oct 2010
Considering how important divergence numbers are to the story I'd say so.
Sep 14, 2011 4:38 AM

Nov 2007
I don't think so. It already showed that once the reading overtakes the boundary set by singularity, we end up in a different world line (episode 22).

Coronavirus.
Sep 14, 2011 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
If you want to know Steins;gate worldline divergence, Read Robotic;Notes Synopsis and description

Sep 14, 2011 8:08 AM
Nov 2009
so all this world line talk, i wonder what divergence C;H have ;o
Sep 14, 2011 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
And1ce said:

Since Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and Robotic; Notes are in the same time and setting, the final divergence is the same, the Steins;Gate World Line.

And it may start out the same value before the 1st D-Mail.

There's only ONE active worldline.

Sep 14, 2011 9:28 AM

Jun 2011
kaimax said:
And1ce said:

Since Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and Robotic; Notes are in the same time and setting, the final divergence is the same, the Steins;Gate World Line.

And it may start out the same value before the 1st D-Mail.

There's only ONE active worldline.
Sep 14, 2011 9:53 AM

Oct 2010
Thanks. I've updated the original post with the starting and ending divergence values.
Sep 15, 2011 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
Sep 15, 2011 4:04 PM

Mar 2011
kusushi said:
"the α version (62,800yen) and the β version (59,800yen)"

Official Steins;Gate Divergence Meter Replica being Sold in Limited Quantities | Unofficial Steins;Gate Wiki

no way...

Damn, I really love that Nixie Tube things. Loved it before Steins;Gate and even more after it.
You can order Nixie Tube clock like that on ebay, for example, or somewhere else on the internet. But they are very not cheap. >_> But it's more accessible way for people who lives outside Japan. And IMO some varibles a looks closer to the original VN or Anime Divergence meter than this one.
I really want to get one... T_T
FinjasSep 15, 2011 4:09 PM

Sep 15, 2011 5:34 PM

Dec 2010
Nice summary on the divergence numbers.

Episode 9 was indeed what you have speculated.

Well, a more in-depth explanation: What originally happened was that her father had to fly overseas leaving Feyris behind. She said some mean things to him like go die and unfortunately enough, he died in a plane crash.

Feyris sent a D-mail to telling herself to pretend she was kidnapped in order to stop her father from flying overseas thus preventing his death. Feyris' influences did not affect the town since she no longer had much of a say now that her father is around.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1826 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.