Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2012 9:46 AM

Aug 2009
I am blown.
Jul 26, 2012 7:32 AM
Sep 2011
This ending was perfect.
Nuff said
Aug 4, 2012 4:24 PM

Aug 2008
Ugh, seriously bad storytelling. Misleading symbolism and then an overly sugary ending, whatever, this show was so bad that I didn't even care when I did think Kujo's legs were blown off.
Aug 6, 2012 8:59 PM

Jun 2011
Damn Kujo should have died. Killed the ending for me.
Aug 7, 2012 4:31 PM

Jan 2012
Damnnnn, i thought Kujou died!!! How dare they trick me like that DX.

The ending was great but i would not mind an ending where he dies also, since it would definitely evoke a much stronger feeling xP
Aug 10, 2012 8:00 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome ending!!! Happy Ever After for Kujo and Victorique!!! Plus other people from Saubure too.
Signature
Aug 12, 2012 10:48 AM

Jul 2012
It was an okay ending. My final rating is 7/10 because I didn't like some episodes in the middle and the end was just a bit better. Mostly because I didn't really like Victorique or Kujo. LOL
Sep 9, 2012 9:59 PM

Jun 2012
To be honest the whole ending....or the whole last arc seemed rushed. The entire series was based around mysteries and detective work. Yet the last arc didn't really have anything to do with it. Well, happy ending nonetheless.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Sep 18, 2012 12:22 AM

Jul 2012
I agree. The ending was rushed, but it still had a beautiful ending. Victorique looked so short next to Kujo ^^
"However, by that point you'll have been torn into pieces."
Sep 18, 2012 4:13 PM
Aug 2012
Nice anime with a good story, like your Guys said "the ending is rushed" i agree with It and l loves the end It was so beautifull :)
Sep 26, 2012 3:37 AM

Dec 2011
I Loved this series although there were some things I did not like. I loved everything except the rush-ness of the ending, which the started and dropped it with 3 eps .___. Something to note, I loved Victorique's blond hair and tsundere loliness, and no one can replace her :) Loved this series as a whole! Hoping for S2 although chances are low...

<3 GOSICK <3
uhh...
Oct 4, 2012 11:54 AM

May 2012
Finished watching the anime and my feeling is :| What is wrong with me?! LOL I thought Kujo died D: The ending was kinda good but looks like it was rushed :p

I WANT AT LEAST A FEW MORE EPISODES >:(

9/10 for me :D
Oct 5, 2012 6:58 PM

Sep 2012
Wonderful episode!
I loved this anime!
Oct 30, 2012 8:51 AM

Mar 2012
Syaoran222 said:
Finished watching the anime and my feeling is :| What is wrong with me?! LOL I thought Kujo died D: The ending was kinda good but looks like it was rushed :p

I WANT AT LEAST A FEW MORE EPISODES >:(

9/10 for me :D

No, that's a fair assessment. To be honest, I couldn't tell what the hell happened with this episode. I remember getting into a long discussion with someone because we had two completely different interpretations of the ending...me thinking they lived and the other guy thinking they died. It was really an interesting conversation, probably the most interesting and open-minded conversation I've ever had about an anime.

As far as this episode went, I found it to be disappointing. I'll agree with you that the ending felt REALLY rushed. It seemed as though in an effort to try and get as much closure with all the characters as they possibly could, they didn't focus enough on the most important part and that was Kujo and Victorique. To me, their reunion just seemed so nonchalant. These two (when their separation was just so emotionally brutal) seemed so careless when they were finally reunited after a long time of being separated. It just didn't seem very realistic.

Honestly, this was an anime I was about to give a 10/10 but the last two episodes through this into a cyclone of confusion and disbelief. I think I gave it an 8/10 for a final score. Last two eps were VERY underwhelming.
Nov 10, 2012 10:35 PM

Aug 2012
Great ending, bones never fail to impress me. I feel like it was kinda rush but it was a good series, definitely enjoyed it 10/10
Nov 15, 2012 3:21 AM
Aug 2012
Just finished watching this!! Great ending, though I agree with the others that this was really rushed. Lol'd at Victorique's hair turning white. That adds much more significance to her nickname 'grey wolf'. Poor Avril, and lol'ed at her fail...

I wonder if Kujou and Victorique will ever see her again. I get the impression they won't be going back, Like the hopeful ending. At least they Victorique and Kujou finally get together, though I must say Victorique could have been a bit taller, I mean she's grown after all a few years have passed and yet she looks even shorter than before. LOL...

First half was meh but second half everything just picked up. Makes me wonder how great the anime would have been if they had trimmed off the earlier cases that were of little significance and focused more on the main mystery revolving victorique, her mother and the grey wolf village. Maybe I missed something, but I would have wanted to know a little bit more backstory about the Grey-wolves. All I got from the entire series is that they were supposedly a race of superior intelligence or something like that, Oh well... enjoyed it overall.
I was beggining to miss Koujou's calling "Victorica!!!".
MushorwellNov 15, 2012 3:38 AM
Nov 25, 2012 2:25 AM

Sep 2012
*sigh* another masterpeice finished,...BUT this series was epic, just loved it and the ending was beautiful.... ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2012 3:45 PM

Sep 2008
Loved this series! That ending gave me a tear in the eye. I was worried that they wouldn't reunite at all but thank god I was wrong.
Nov 30, 2012 1:30 AM

Aug 2011
gave it an 8/10, it sucks that her mother and the Roscoe Twins died but at least they did it while protecting her the ending did feel sort-of rushed because so much as packed into 24 minutes of airtime, on a sidenote i know this might be an unpopular statement but i really preferred Victorica's Blonde hair over her silver hair, it just felt more "her" does anyone understand the signicance of that book scene? i know it was important but im ashamed to say i didn't get the meaning, Overall a good anime i would have liked a kiss though v.v
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Dec 5, 2012 1:49 AM

Nov 2012
Poor Avrill :x, they could give her better fin story.

Great anime!
Dec 6, 2012 7:45 PM
Dec 2012
Great series for me! As many others before me have said, the first half of this anime was below my expectations but was still pretty good. The second half was damn near a masterpiece in my book, every aspect that gave this anime life whether it be the mystery, drama, or romance met it's full potential by the end and was a solid 8-9/10 IMO. Was surprised by the ending but in a good way as I thought it would have been more bitter-sweet.
Glad this was my first anime post!
Jan 11, 2013 1:56 PM
Dec 2010
The ending was perfect, I wasn't expecting Kujo to be alive and have hair grown back, and I though he would have been on a wheelchair because of the "illusion" he saw.

I give this series a 9/10 (:

P.S No. but seriously the last 2 episodes was HUGE!! Great anime
Jan 12, 2013 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
Epic serie towards the end!
Also why did Cordelia and the Brian twins had to die :'(
Jan 27, 2013 4:26 PM
Jul 2012
The beginning was great, the middle was quite boring, but the last arc got me. It was so good. The ending was fucking beautiful.
Feb 4, 2013 7:59 AM
Jan 2013
Good anime loved all of it. Enjoy the setting, the character development, well actually everything. It's hard to accept that it's over and they won't make more, but withthat perfect ending I know it was supposed to end like that. 10/10 I can honestly say this was the first anime that ever made me tear up.
Flack118Feb 9, 2013 8:32 AM
Feb 9, 2013 8:05 AM

Oct 2012
JavierR said:
The beginning was great, the middle was quite boring, but the last arc got me. It was so good. The ending was fucking beautiful.

same here, in middle I got bit slowed down, but entirely it was great

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
Feb 13, 2013 1:07 PM

Sep 2010
Beautiful ending. Beautiful silver hair, too.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 16, 2013 11:46 PM
Dec 2012
Wished Kujo would have said, "I love you" :(
Wish there were more animes like this. The only one I could find so far was Dantalian no Shoka
Feb 23, 2013 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
i love the ending! even though Victorique and Cordelia did not have time to talk that much.

Walking together happily ever after.. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2013 10:58 AM

Feb 2012
Masterpiece Anime.
Feb 26, 2013 9:12 PM

Sep 2011
I fucking LOVE happy endings<3 and with this anime it needed one. Glad they got to be with each other in the end. Love it, just love it. 9/10
Mar 11, 2013 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
No kiss or love confession.
Even if it was obvious they were in love and married.
Still................. wahh

8/10
Mar 14, 2013 6:53 PM
Feb 2013
Simply amazing.
Mar 16, 2013 7:26 AM
Jan 2013
That ending was so beautiful! It was perfect
Apr 8, 2013 9:41 PM

Jul 2009
oh jeez, they did it. the open ending with a slight nudge to the 'ideal ending, yet you will never know for sure. did they live? probably. but with the changing scenes at the end, the scene of kujo's legs being blown off, and the scene with the book and the closing door -- yeah, we'll never know for sure.

in the end, it was enjoyable. a bit of a rollercoaster near the end, but whatever. 9/10 for at least being enjoyable for the most part (cough- annoying kuzo, ugh).
Apr 9, 2013 2:19 AM
Mar 2013
I quite like the fact that the ending was complete. As in, it's not those anime's where you're like BUT Y U NO -.

GedwhatImean?

9/10 none the less.
May 2, 2013 7:18 AM

Jan 2013
Ruledragon said:
Just finished watching this and i must say... 10!!!!!!!

Victorique hair turned grey from the stress of the though of never seeing kujo again, and the ending where they give us the idea that they married and lived happy ever after was awesome! i must say this is one of the best animes i have ever seen!!!!!!!

True Love Prevails !

:DDDDD

I know this is a bit late but....I am just going to go with them getting married :P since I noticed the small bouquet of flowers in Victoriques hands :P

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

May 18, 2013 5:59 AM

Oct 2010
I am really disappointed in this show. It wasn't bad anime, but I give it only 6/10, because of my expectations. First eps were kind of interesting and then my expectations went higher. Unfortunately from ep to ep it was getting less interesting and it should be opposite.

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
May 18, 2013 8:29 AM

Mar 2013
It's that mystery tag that ends up misleading and ultimately disappointing so many people when it comes to this series. A lot of people have said it before, but this is NOT a mystery series. It's a historical drama that has elements of mystery in it.

I enjoyed Gosick for what it is. I LOVED the atmosphere of this show. That had to be one of the highlights for me. Post-WWI Sauville was such a rich and beautiful setting, and the characters were all very rich and interesting to match. Although the character and plot developments don't really go anywhere until the second half of the series, the mini-arc format of the first half still held my interest and still served its purpose in fleshing out the setting of the story.

Of course, the second half is where the series really shined. Everything just fell together so perfectly, but the tension was maintained at just the right pace and by some miracle, there was a perfect blend of development between the bigger plot and the relationships between the characters but nothing was sacrificed and nothing felt rushed. Overall, it was a very entertaining show.

Kurogashi said:
oh jeez, they did it. the open ending with a slight nudge to the 'ideal ending, yet you will never know for sure. did they live? probably. but with the changing scenes at the end, the scene of kujo's legs being blown off, and the scene with the book and the closing door -- yeah, we'll never know for sure.

Really? I thought it was a pretty clear ending. I don't think Gosick is the type of mindscrew series that wants to leave you guessing between what's real and what's not. They made it pretty clear that Kujo's legs being blown off was either a dream or a hallucination from the way that whole segment is shot with this grainy, surreal quality. I think the whole point of that part was to show us how he pulled through the war because the thought of living to see Victorique again gave him strength. As for the scene with the door and the book, that was pretty clear too. It was used to symbolise a new world after the war where superstitious stories like the ones everyone in Sauville used to believe in wouldn't influence people's thinking the way they did in the past. An end to the occult and the beginning of a more rational age, you could say. I also thought the ending scene was meant to strongly imply that Kujo and Victorique got married and lived happily ever after, but to each their own I guess.
ImanzaMay 18, 2013 8:34 AM
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

May 21, 2013 12:10 PM

Aug 2012
Nice ending, but Vicotique is small like a children O.o

At least Gosick its a nice anime
"The King command are absoluty"
May 22, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2012
great way to end the episode and an enjoyable series

9/10
May 24, 2013 6:30 AM
Dec 2012
I didn't like this episode very much, but I didn't dislike it either. The story was like already over in episode 23. But I watched this episode only for the afterstory. It was simply beautiful when Victorique and Kujo met again.
Jun 25, 2013 12:53 PM

Jul 2011
Imanza said:
It's that mystery tag that ends up misleading and ultimately disappointing so many people when it comes to this series. A lot of people have said it before, but this is NOT a mystery series. It's a historical drama that has elements of mystery in it.

I enjoyed Gosick for what it is. I LOVED the atmosphere of this show. That had to be one of the highlights for me. Post-WWI Sauville was such a rich and beautiful setting, and the characters were all very rich and interesting to match. Although the character and plot developments don't really go anywhere until the second half of the series, the mini-arc format of the first half still held my interest and still served its purpose in fleshing out the setting of the story.

Of course, the second half is where the series really shined. Everything just fell together so perfectly, but the tension was maintained at just the right pace and by some miracle, there was a perfect blend of development between the bigger plot and the relationships between the characters but nothing was sacrificed and nothing felt rushed. Overall, it was a very entertaining show.

Kurogashi said:

Really? I thought it was a pretty clear ending. I don't think Gosick is the type of mindscrew series that wants to leave you guessing between what's real and what's not. They made it pretty clear that Kujo's legs being blown off was either a dream or a hallucination from the way that whole segment is shot with this grainy, surreal quality. I think the whole point of that part was to show us how he pulled through the war because the thought of living to see Victorique again gave him strength. As for the scene with the door and the book, that was pretty clear too. It was used to symbolise a new world after the war where superstitious stories like the ones everyone in Sauville used to believe in wouldn't influence people's thinking the way they did in the past. An end to the occult and the beginning of a more rational age, you could say. I also thought the ending scene was meant to strongly imply that Kujo and Victorique got married and lived happily ever after, but to each their own I guess.

Winner. Thought I was gonna have to come in here and say all that, but looks like you beat me to it.

Beautiful story. Came in expecting a mystery, left with a powerful drama and a masterpiece, if not damn near close to one.

But now what am I supposed to follow this series up with?... Geez.
Jul 6, 2013 9:20 AM

Jul 2012
Oh Gosick...It was everything I could hope for and so much more.

The ending was beautiful. I sound like a sap but I'm so glad they got their happily ever after :'D
Jul 7, 2013 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
I felt like the last episode was a bit too rushed with Kujo and Victorique getting only about 2 minutes of screen time after their reunion. Despite the last episode feeling rushed, I did love that ending. It pretty much screams "They get married and live happily ever after!" which is the sort of ending I wanted for Gosick.

I give this an 8/10 for keeping me interested this long. I only took off points because A) a couple of episodes were so boring I took a break from the show and B) that last episode was very rushed.
Jul 9, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2012
First episode bored me to death, premise wasn't something that I'd be interested in for a long time and the other 9 eps that I had on my iPod were waiting to be watched for more than a month, waiting for a second chance so to say, maybe the anime steps it up.
Ep2 nailed it and I was hooked and marathoned it in two sessions.

One of the best dynamic between MCs that I've seen in an anime.
VA of Victorique did an outstanding job.
The whole story is a bit light and Kujo was a bit too impertinent and annoying with his constant "Victorique!" screams.
But other than that this was a beautiful story nontheless, portrayed in a fantastic way.
Not showing a kiss or a confession in a cliched/cheesy way, ruining everything they build up was smart.
Although the reunion was emotionally 'demanding' (that poor Victorique loosing hope there for a second, oh god :'( ) I thought it'd sad that they didn't even hug.
But I guess that underlines how close they were in each others heart, while being far away from each other.
Beautiful anime.
9/10
nantukoJul 9, 2013 9:03 AM
Jul 16, 2013 3:41 AM
Apr 2012
Atenias said:
No Kujo didn't lose his legs. Just his imagination/nightmare. If you noticed, then you'd see he was in the desert. Kujo fought in the 'north', where there are no deserts.
Losing his leg is only a metaphor that he lost the ability to reach for Victorique and that Kujo feels alone in the world without her by his side.

Overall, I didn't like the ending where Victorique was wearing white clothes (bridal robe?).
1) She didn't grow a little bit.
2) Blushing (in love?) Victorique doesn't suit her.
3) Very unclear scene: did Victorique got married to Kujo? If so, why wasn't Kujo wearing a suit.
4) Where did they get the dress from?

Actually, he did lose his legs. Two things to support my claim:
1) He appears to much taller than Victorique when they reunite. His height doesn not resemble that of normal growth (out of proportion, legs are too long) over the course of 4 years.
2) If you look closely at his legs, it is very thin and wrapped like a mummy.

In conclusion, he is wearing prosthetic limbs.

Poor guy, lost his legs to the war. But thanks to their love, they were able to reunite and hopefully live together happily ever after.

As for Vic's hair turning grey/silver/white, I suppose it could be shock as people have mentioned and it could also be just to dramatize her being the Grey Wolf. I personally prefer her gold hair better, but whatever.

Overall, the show had really amazing moments (mostly those involving Vic's and Kujo's clumsy relationship) and not too great moments (those weird awkward cases). This show would have made a great slic-of-life thanks to Vic's tsundere-ness and Kujo's stupidity + attachment to the former. But I suppose it wouldnt have been any special of a show without the mystery and complex plot.

10/10 + Victorique as a new favorite character.

I have a soft-spot for smart, loli, tsuderes
Jul 22, 2013 11:19 PM

Apr 2012
love how they ended it, its sad to see it finish but all good things must come to a end and a animes is even better when they finish with a ending imo
Jul 26, 2013 2:07 AM

Jun 2008
I thought Kujou was dead for sure. Great ending, I'll miss this show.
Jul 29, 2013 5:55 AM
Nov 2011
just finished re-watching the whole anime. Been a while and forgot what happens,feels like a new anime that I have watched.... wonder why I didn't find this more interesting in the past.

Now that I have evolved my brain a little bit more, have just realized that every case that they go through links to each other.... very interesting stores that are involved in this anime together with a lot of 'wisdom' given to the views.....

Very happy that Victorique was able to find Kujou's house and waited for him to arrive back safe and soundly (good that his hair has grown back) (think that Victorique should keep with the frilly dresses, makes her look a little less like a little girl)

Grevil was a really good guy from the start till end, only just he cant go against his father (prefer him with the drill hair style rather his hair down)

Quite like the Bryan Roscoe(s).... even though one wanted to kill Victorique at the end but then they were still good guys..... (TTnTT) they died too sadly
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

timeagent - Jan 14, 2011

201 by redorzo »»
Apr 30, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.