Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 2, 2011 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
Another bad ending :( really, thought more from vlad. He's too weak considering other enemies. 7/106/10
Hope season 2 (if it airs) be better, Hysteria mode is awesome.

Jul 2, 2011 1:03 PM

Aug 2008
Riko was locked, in a cell, for several years. With nothing to eat but rotten meat and muddy water. The only thing she had was the rosary that was given to her by her mother. She had to keep it safe. So she hid it to the only place she could. Her ass. Five long years she wore the rosary up her ass. You know how uncomfortable it is to have something up your ass for so long? To escape she had to leave the rosary behind, but she had the butler promise to her that he would keep it safe. So he hid the rosary in his ass. For 10 months the rosary was up his ass, day and night.

And now, this rosary is yours.

KvakondJul 2, 2011 1:12 PM
Jul 2, 2011 1:41 PM

Sep 2009
This episode definitely made me feel bad for Riko, and while I didn't really feel much towards her in the beginning I started to like her a little in this episode. She definitely looks a lot better with her hair down too. :U

I thought that Vlad's 4th spot was pretty obvious. All the other ones were so visible so you'd figure that the last one would have to have that mark too, and the only way that no one would've been able to see it would be because it was in his mouth. :U

Overall I wouldn't mind a second season. The show was pretty predictable and the fanservice was boresome, but it was actually pretty entertaining most of the time.
Jul 2, 2011 2:11 PM

Feb 2011
> Read all the negativity.
> Checked to see the actual scores given of users hating.
> Most "haters" gave a higher score than 5.
> Alll 4 of the users that had Hidan no Aria as less than a 5 end up having Naruto/Bleach on there list as a 7. 8, or 9.

You gotta be kidding me :D

Bagonirix is the only user I see with any legitimate excuse for giving this anime less than a 5. Sounds like way too many folks are jumping on the hate bandwagon.

I give the series a 7.5/10, but I'm upvoting to a 10/10.

umad bro?
Jul 2, 2011 2:17 PM

Dec 2010
I'm giving a 6, since it was still so bad it's good.

And stop trying to greentext.
Jul 2, 2011 2:38 PM

Aug 2010
Saygram said:
Awful, just awful ... I give this series 5 only Because of Reki...

7/10 for the exact same reason ._.
Jul 2, 2011 3:20 PM

Oct 2010
I don't bother with the anime bashers of any series but I am glad that some people give this series higher because of Reki :D Clearly she needs more love. Second season shall be much more of her for sure. I know from the LNs. ROFL.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 2, 2011 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
it was an average day in anime land
then suddenly, vampires

and there was much dissapoint >.>

dropped from a 7 to a 6 overall
Jul 2, 2011 4:52 PM

Apr 2010
It's a tsundere anime from J.C. staff. Did anyone seriously think for a second that it was going to be any good?
Jul 2, 2011 6:30 PM

Apr 2010
Ryhzuo said:
It's a tsundere anime from J.C. staff. Did anyone seriously think for a second that it was going to be any good?

Not really, they're usually just average. Apparently anime fans in japan are not too thrilled about the show either. As the author is saying that they need more DVD/Blu-ray sales to get 2nd season and the sales figures weren't impressive.

As for this episode, who the hell is Kana? Why introduce someone from Kinji's past and not even give a hint before the season ended? Also, nice of them to mention if his brother was dead or alive, since that was the point of stealing the rosary for Kinji.

I think the end gave a hint as to what the special will be. It will probably be a fan service-filled beach episode, since Aria was trying on swimsuits.
tangytangerineJul 2, 2011 6:43 PM
Jul 2, 2011 6:36 PM

Oct 2010
Such a disapointmet of a show. I thought i was going to be something around Gunslinger with a little of IS harem fun in it, but it was just a sad excuse for fan service.
The story overall is just terrible and as adorable and the character design was, the personalities where annoying and just bad.

6/10 - The very sporadic good comedy kinda saves this from total failure.

Ryhzuo said:

Just for a second when i was clicking download.

tangytangerine said:
As for this episode, who the hell is Kana?

Well, she is a sad excuse to keep people "hooked" and on desired for a second season, but if u mean plot wise she is
choyosJul 2, 2011 6:40 PM
huh?
Jul 2, 2011 10:16 PM
Jul 2008
So much mad. I've seen a lot worse.
Actually, I've seen shit a LOT worse being worshipped as good.
Jeesus people, learn to have fun.

(There was even someone in this thread wondering why kinji and aria just stood there watching when the principal of their school started beating up a well-known criminal. Gee, I wonder why? I mean, it's just the principal right?)
Jul 2, 2011 11:52 PM

Jul 2008
Nachotee said:
So much mad. I've seen a lot worse.
Actually, I've seen shit a LOT worse being worshipped as good.
Jeesus people, learn to have fun.

(There was even someone in this thread wondering why kinji and aria just stood there watching when the principal of their school started beating up a well-known criminal. Gee, I wonder why? I mean, it's just the principal right?)

The teacher also had a gun pointed at them and two trained wolves reared to attack if they tried to intervene.

alexcampos said:

I was a bit upset that Shirayuki and Reki were completely left out in the final two episodes.

I think it is kind of lazy to just write Shirayuki out of the show every time the story doesn't involve her. In the first four episodes she left, then came back to have an arc, then left again.
Jul 2, 2011 11:55 PM

Dec 2010
Kinji was in Hysteria and was shown to have easily subdued the wolves.

He has no excuse.
Jul 3, 2011 12:42 AM

Sep 2009
Average show. I actually don't like that there's little chance of a second season...I at least like to see a proper end to stuff I watch.
Jul 3, 2011 12:49 AM
Nov 2009
It's not the worst anime or anything. It just kind of sucked a bit.

Rie should really talk to her agent about some of this stuff. Fuck. It's like the only criteria is 'tsundere' and there she goes.
Jul 3, 2011 12:53 AM
May 2011
I thought the ending was good The only thing I didn't like was that vlad looked like a werewolf when he was supposed to be a giant red hulking demon.
Jul 3, 2011 1:06 AM

Jun 2008
AidanAK47 said:

You're KIDDING.....RIGHT?!?!?!

PLEASE tell me this is a JOKE....

WOW...just, wow....now I REALLY want a second season this is just GOLD!!!

Rexky said:
> Read all the negativity.
> Checked to see the actual scores given of users hating.
> Most "haters" gave a higher score than 5.
> Alll 4 of the users that had Hidan no Aria as less than a 5 end up having Naruto/Bleach on there list as a 7. 8, or 9.

You gotta be kidding me :D

Bagonirix is the only user I see with any legitimate excuse for giving this anime less than a 5. Sounds like way too many folks are jumping on the hate bandwagon.

I give the series a 7.5/10, but I'm upvoting to a 10/10.

umad bro?

I don't understand your logic, some of the people speaking negative about this show are NOT haters....you have to be BLIND not to see how ridiculous this show is....

However, I'm an optimistic person who always looks on the bright side, so I think this show (Despite being horribly ridiculous) was actually very entertaining and had a GREAT cast of female characters...

Thus I gave it a 7/10......however you're giving it a 10/10 simply because you didn't like the haters....oh and no I'm not mad...
--ALEX--Jul 3, 2011 1:11 AM
Jul 3, 2011 1:11 AM
Dec 2007
alexcampos said:
AidanAK47 said:

You're KIDDING.....RIGHT?!?!?!

PLEASE tell me this is a JOKE....

WOW...just, wow....now I REALLY want a second season this is just GOLD!!!
The thing about Kana? It's true.

Jul 3, 2011 1:19 AM

Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:

Yeah, that's amazing, I really want a second season if they're going to talk about that...

But, I'm also wondering if the picture is true, because if it is....I can't....I'm laughing too much to come up with a witty remark....LOLOLOLOL!!!!
Jul 3, 2011 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
I should have dropped this a long time ago.
Jul 3, 2011 1:52 AM

Aug 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't bother with the anime bashers of any series but I am glad that some people give this series higher because of Reki :D Clearly she needs more love. Second season shall be much more of her for sure. I know from the LNs. ROFL.

Not sure about Reki's role in second season. Her arc is especially long (longer than Aria's).
They have to clear Kana's and EU's arc in the next season. I doubt they will have time to spare for what comes after that.
Jul 3, 2011 1:57 AM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
Leon-Gun said:

Yeah, that's amazing, I really want a second season if they're going to talk about that...

But, I'm also wondering if the picture is true, because if it is....I can't....I'm laughing too much to come up with a witty remark....LOLOLOLOL!!!!
If you think that is amazing check out the written stuff in the spoiler
Now that is crazy!

Holy shit that will be like a EPIC second season end. People will be like O_O like I said.
KaitoDash said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Not sure about Reki's role in second season. Her arc is especially long (longer than Aria's). They have to clear Kana's and EU's arc in the next season. I doubt they will have time to spare for what comes after that.
Ah what? They may not have enough time you say?

Jul 3, 2011 2:01 AM

Sep 2010
If there was a second season I'd probably just watch it for the ridiculousness.
Jul 3, 2011 3:48 AM

Apr 2010
I mean.. ROFL it had to be Dracula >.<

and... who the fuk is Kana? o.O they better give us an answer
TheCbassJul 3, 2011 4:02 AM
Jul 3, 2011 4:23 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
alexcampos said:
Leon-Gun said:

Now that is crazy!

Holy shit that will be like a EPIC second season end. People will be like O_O like I said.
KaitoDash said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Not sure about Reki's role in second season. Her arc is especially long (longer than Aria's). They have to clear Kana's and EU's arc in the next season. I doubt they will have time to spare for what comes after that.

So.. i red you post, all about kinji and aria fighting holmes 1 being behind IU.. and i was like... wow people really have terrible imagination, i seriously seriously thought you or someone just wrote up the most ridiculous story.. especially that double heart shot >.< and then i started poling around the wikia and i began to read about kana.. and i seriously cant believe its real...
Jul 3, 2011 4:48 AM

Aug 2009
This anime was hilariously bad! That's why I enjoyed it so much.

I would gladly sit through another season of this shit xD.
Jul 3, 2011 5:04 AM

Sep 2010
good anime, decent end, needs more aria romance and its perfect.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2011 6:05 AM

Aug 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah, if they want to finish both EU arc and Reki's arc, it will be Vol. 4-7. I don't think it will be a good idea, seeing this season skips a lot already. Not to mention it will take at least 2 episodes to cover fillers following EU arc in Vol.5. They will have only 10 episodes for two big arcs.
Jul 3, 2011 6:11 AM

May 2010
Wow I hate this Anime so much...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 3, 2011 6:28 AM

May 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
alexcampos said:
Leon-Gun said:

Now that is crazy!

KaitoDash said:
Yumekichi11 said:

What the hell?! That thing in the spoiler really happens in the LN?! Yeah, I'm actually O_O but not because of the epicness, but because it's awful! Was the writer high when he wrote this or he's a teen writing his first fanfic?! At least now I know that's not entirely J.C. Staff's fault that this anime was shitty, the original work was bad from the beginning!

And no, there's nothing that can save this anime. Not even Reki, because she's one of the worst and most blatant Mary Sue since Yuki Nagato. Hell no one is saved, especially the 2 main characters. Why they waited for Vlad to make his stupid villan speech and let him punch Riko?! Do they have a heart or a bit of compassion?! And let's not talk about Vlad's seiyuu "performance", when you do something like that, you'll never get another role ever again. Unless it's a comedy relief character.

3/10 And let's forget this crap.
Jul 3, 2011 7:22 AM
Sep 2007
For those wondering who the heck is Kana,*major spoilers*
Anyway, IF there's gonna be a second season, I hope it gets better. Shirayuki's prediction: Kinji will encounter a wolf, a demon(vlad) and a ghost, a vague idea who it's gonna be tho ^_^
Jul 3, 2011 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Why did I watch this whole series. I hated it. 3/10.

Just your average J.C Staff adaptation.
Jul 3, 2011 8:49 AM

Jul 2010
Well there we have it. Ending was OK although very predictable. I would've liked to see some real Aria x Kinji at the end but no. Overall I enjoyed it, but it was all very mediocre. 6/10 from me.

Jul 3, 2011 9:44 AM

Oct 2010
TheCbass said:
Total exaggeration but totally cool to see it. I so want it to be animated in season 2.

Jul 3, 2011 10:11 AM

Nov 2009
I loved it! >w<

I want a 2nd season... D:
Jul 3, 2011 11:46 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, the sensei was predictably Vlad, I'd have been really surprised if the things turned out differently. We got enough fan service on Riko. We don't need S2. Definitely. This thing was no more than average and only in it's best moments. It was fun while it lasted, though. All these bloodlines. Many questions are left unsolved and there's no much of an ending in fact.
1. Characters. Ok
2. Atmosphere.
3. OST. OK
4. Animation. OK
5. Backstory.
6. Storyline.
7. Ending.
8. Fight scenes. OK
9. Drama.
10. Overall feeling. OK
Bonus(extra) point for:... I liked the whole Butei idea, it was done good for some episodes. OK
6/10
Jul 3, 2011 12:06 PM

Oct 2008
Wow alot of hate this season.
Geez stfu. if you dont like the anime then dont watch it simple as that.
Some people use trolling as an excuse to watch anime.Thats just stupid cuz your just ruining it for everyone else want to actually watch it.
If you hate a series just cuz someone else says its shit,thats pathetic. you cant even think for your self. if you hate it because a certain seiyuu plays a certain character(im not gonna say it, its obvious by now.) Thats even more pathetic.
And i know of most of the somewhat BS stuff it has.

Also for any one who cant pay attention to the forum let alone the anime:

For those who keep asking "Why is he a werewolf","How is that thing suppose to be a vampire"
A few guys in this discussion CLEARLY explaind it here. You've either got to be blind or stupid to not notice that some one has already answered your question.
Ajunky said:
notsureifsrs said:
DmonHiro said:
I do have ONE complaint. If sensei was Vald, and Vlad was Dracula... why was Dracula a warewolf?
You clearly haven't read old Vampire stories. Werewolves and Vampires are heavily connected. Not only are werewolves familiars of vampires, some vampires can transform into a monstrous creature akin to werewolves, among other insane abilities.
As a matter of fact, the original Bram Stoker's Dracula could transform into a wolf.

Im not gonna rank it out of ten cuz i dont think any anime should be limited by numbers.

As for the second season its kinda controversial for me because I do want to see the next few volume(s) animated but at the same time I dont want it to get animated because it'll get even more hate and trolls.(Because of
alot of ppl will definitely bash it)

After EU is Reki's arc(which i really wanna see) but i dont want to get my hopes up since everyones gonna flip when they see who Reki's ancestors are.

Jul 3, 2011 4:16 PM
Apr 2011
Dam that was so good love it in all the ways but i feel something missing,i wish for season 2.
by the way someone can tell briefly who is Kana?
Jul 3, 2011 4:31 PM
Dec 2007
rocky575 said:
Dam that was so good love it in all the ways but i feel something missing,i wish for season 2.
by the way someone can tell briefly who is Kana?
It's been mentioned like 10 times already:
Leon-GunJul 3, 2011 4:34 PM

Jul 3, 2011 11:03 PM

May 2011
The whole time watching this show i kept thinking, "Damn, i wish Shakugan no Shana III would come out." Aria just reminded me of Shana so much i couldn't stop thinking about it.

The series was OK. But it really catered to the fan service crowds. Lacked any real substance. The fact that they dropped so many cliched historical figures into the names of the character's ancestry was a big turn off for me. As bad as i felt it was, it did have a few nice moments though. So, I gave it a bumped up 7. It was more like a 6.5 in my book.
Jul 4, 2011 2:07 AM

Apr 2011
Interesting series and good "open" ending...

Riko is awesome!

4/5

Hidan no Aria 8.5/10
Jul 4, 2011 2:13 AM

Jun 2011
Cirris said:
The whole time watching this show i kept thinking, "Damn, i wish Shakugan no Shana III would come out." Aria just reminded me of Shana so much i couldn't stop thinking about it.

I thought the exact same thing!

Anyways, mediocre series. Probably won't be watching any sequel or OVA. 5/10.
The only thing I liked about this was Hysteria Savant Syndrome, the most awesome pyschological disease I can think of.
El Psy Congroo
Jul 4, 2011 6:14 AM

Sep 2008
The OP changed yet again. I think that makes 4 different OPs. Interesting.

Absolutely horrendous anime. Shirayuki was nowhere to be seen in the last episode. You'd think they would show all the chars of the show in the last ep as a nice finale, but they couldn't even do that much.

As I stated in an earlier episode discussion (like 2 episodes back), if the teacher ended up being the main bad guy, I'm dropping the score. I must be some epic guy to have been completely spot on. Dropping score by 1.

Big wolf guy was making retarded sounds as he walked towards the good guys at a speed of 1 step every 2-3 seconds holding a metal thing, ready to swing, but not actually swinging. There's just sooo many bad points in this anime, I won't even list any more. I'm done with this. Can't believe I managed to sit through it all. Thanks JC Staff, for delivering yet another masterpiece after Yumekui Merry.

EDIT: Ok, so I read the discussion to find out who Kana is. LOL. I would consider watching the second season just for that.
5layerJul 4, 2011 6:23 AM
Jul 4, 2011 7:56 AM

Feb 2008
goddammit Vlad... why did you torture Riko so much? shoving a rosary in her mouth, repeatedly stepping on her beautiful face... f*ck you...

and so Hidan no Aria ended, well, quite okay... so, JC Staff, second season when? oh wait, low BD sales? low chance of second season? dammit JC Staff... f*ck you...

also, lol at Aria wanting Vlad to testify in court... so much for a 'Holmes'... *facepalm*
Jul 4, 2011 5:21 PM

Mar 2010
...Did Aria...seriously threaten to take vlad to fucking court? >_>
Jul 4, 2011 5:39 PM

Nov 2010
*Finishes last episode
"What the hell was this anime about?"
-Bacun
Jul 4, 2011 6:11 PM
Dec 2007
agent535 said:
goddammit Vlad... why did you torture Riko so much? shoving a rosary in her mouth, repeatedly stepping on her beautiful face... f*ck you...

and so Hidan no Aria ended, well, quite okay... so, JC Staff, second season when? oh wait, low BD sales? low chance of second season? dammit JC Staff... f*ck you...

also, lol at Aria wanting Vlad to testify in court... so much for a 'Holmes'... *facepalm*
Why do you think Aria is considered a failure in the Holmes family. In contrast, the "crappy" Tohyama Kinji is considered one the best of his family line and when using his ability he can outmaneuver any opponent, perform difficult and specialized tasks as if nothing and use deductive skills which pretty much put Aria to shame. In other words, Suddenly Holme's is the sidekick and Watson is the master detective. =p

Jul 4, 2011 8:00 PM

Nov 2008
Fairly good series, wouldn't mind a second season, but the studio probably could of done a little bit better of a job.
Jul 4, 2011 8:44 PM

Jun 2009
Well that was at least a good ending, despite the ridiculous plot and J.C. Staff doing their usual stuff.

Vlad's laugh was hilarious, it looks like he was gargling something. 6/10
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» I wish there was more

LostInLove - Oct 26, 2023

8 by Kiikani »»
Apr 20, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.