Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2011 9:48 AM

Jan 2011
I would've handled the more dramatic parts differently, but it's good.
Aug 24, 2011 12:53 PM

Sep 2010
Cried the entire episode especially during the last few minutes. I loved all the characters in the series they were so well written and fun to watch.

I cried the most when they were reading her goodbye letters and when they all could see her.

10/10 everything was beautiful except it was a little slow, but the ending made up for it.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 25, 2011 7:19 AM

Feb 2010
A rare gem, what a beautiful and yet so sad anime. :'( 10/10
Aug 25, 2011 5:32 PM

Jan 2009
Jin-ta's father gone to bath the moment he saw jinta's mom picture poor old man :P
so finally after 11 ep they ran out of water and stopped crying so they decided to be friends again for real and Menma decided to write a letter for all of em to show that she loves em all just this ep to make it emotional and while she could cook,eat and clean Jinta's nail from the beginning she couldn't be arsed to find a way to communicate with these friends she claimed that she loves until the second half of the series so they can cry and quarrel a little before it happens (until the plot diary while she could move anything else before as well to get their attention without any need to write and after that she claimed that she can only write in that diary so she surprise em in ep 11)
and they saw her in the end well at least Yukiatsu can fancy Menma in her grown up form now since he was in love with her child form ...
it seems that Jinta and Yukiatsu didn't stay in love with Menma's spirit or maybe they are and just trying to make themselves busy to forget...
amirhossAug 25, 2011 6:38 PM
Aug 26, 2011 9:39 AM

Jun 2011
Finally, I completed this anime. It was really worth it. The last few minutes were really great in a sense that it made me cry. So far only 3 animes made me cry and this was one of the saddest animes I've seen.
Aug 28, 2011 5:49 AM

May 2009
Hehe, it still made me cry in the end :')
I'm so glad i watched this show... thanks for everything!
Aug 29, 2011 3:41 AM

Apr 2011
Loved it, got tear in my eye in the end.

I guess my fav anime in this year SO FAR. :)
Sep 1, 2011 5:25 AM

Nov 2010
holy crap one of the worst tearjerker endings ever. so much crying and screaming rofl. less pls, more doesn't always mean better. the hide and seek part is HILARIOUS. and menma sucks. how the hell did people actually manage to cry at this? this episode is terrible.

overall 7/10
Sep 1, 2011 8:27 PM

Sep 2010
Regenerator said:
holy crap one of the worst tearjerker endings ever. so much crying and screaming rofl. less pls, more doesn't always mean better. the hide and seek part is HILARIOUS. and menma sucks. how the hell did people actually manage to cry at this? this episode is terrible.

overall 7/10

well excuuuuuuuuse me princess for being sensitive.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 13, 2011 8:27 AM
Apr 2009
Way too much crying in this episode. Could barely stand to watch that pity party they decided to throw themselves. Almost felt like giving this a low score thanks to the last 2-4 episodes, but I'll give it a 7 because of the strong start.
Sep 13, 2011 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
this probably is the most touching and most emotional anime ever.
i LOVED IT
watched the whole anime in 1 evening, i loved it
it was perfect
thanks
Sep 13, 2011 9:00 PM

Apr 2011
Rest in peace, Menma.
Sep 14, 2011 7:24 AM

Mar 2008
i just have to say it again
this anime was just perfect
10/10 !!! ._.

i just cant get this anime, the whole story, the characters etc out of my head oO
RomeoSep 14, 2011 9:24 AM
Sep 14, 2011 9:59 AM

Aug 2011
i juz finish this anime and it was 9/10!!!~~~

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Sep 14, 2011 1:27 PM
Mar 2011
This episode is lulz worthy. So much forced drama in here. I was laughing so hard when they played hide and seek.
Sep 14, 2011 9:41 PM

Jun 2009
This episode was really a sore spot, up until this episode the drama didn't feel very forced in the least. But, I think the drama went to far here and really hurt the show in the end. Particularly the scene at the shrine when everyone started simultaneously saying all of the things they were selfish it felt very rushed and just...forced.

Otherwise, this was a pretty damn good series but this ending makes me lower it from a 9 to a 8. I really liked most of the characters, particularly Yukiatsu and Anaru and, as I said, the drama was very well done up until this episode. This is a case of an ending hurting a series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 15, 2011 11:56 AM
Jul 2010
Drops of tear kept falling at a lot of scenes in this ep . AnoHana was fucking good .
Sep 15, 2011 3:16 PM
Feb 2011
as expected from the director of Toradora! :]
a very good anime.
Sep 17, 2011 2:23 PM

Sep 2008
-Quasar said:
mystik said:
I doubt they will but there's still potential for a 2nd season!

Yes, there is.

Haha, oh wow. Best post ever.

Anyway, wasn't a big fan of this one. The drama was too forced, and the characters were a bit too unbelievable for me to get very emotional, but still it had its moments. And I freakin loved the ED.
HydraASep 17, 2011 4:16 PM
Sep 18, 2011 4:59 AM

Oct 2010
-Quasar said:

Yes, there is.

lol at the 3rd image!!! XD
otakuhimeSep 18, 2011 5:42 AM
Sep 20, 2011 9:18 AM

Aug 2011
I can sincerely say that my eyes are so clean they are shining! ;~; xx
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 20, 2011 2:08 PM

Dec 2008
I normally watch a series because im waiting for episodes of currently airing anime to pop up and im really glad i found this one...
The last episode ended great with the final scenes allowing viewers to use their imagine as to what happens next.
10/10
Sep 21, 2011 8:28 PM

Sep 2009
It train wrecked my heart and soul. This isn't your normal emotional anime like clannad where you tell your friends you cried but you didn't. I cried and then I cried some more. Wtf is this. There should be warning labels on this kind of stuff. Brb while I rewatch again. 10/10
Sep 22, 2011 1:23 PM

Sep 2011
9/10

Damn, I cried like a baby at this episode, and I liked the story.
Sep 22, 2011 8:59 PM

Nov 2007
The ED is a version of the very famous ZONE song. If you never heard the original, give a try.
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Sep 24, 2011 2:24 PM

Sep 2009
I've cried so much when they screamed for Menma. Beautifful anime, T_T
I'm so happy I found this masterpiece.
SarahmiSep 24, 2011 2:31 PM
Sep 24, 2011 6:37 PM
Apr 2011
Me too, still crying ;__; I like this anime although it was full of cliche and predictable stuff, but the seiyus and music and direction was so good so the cliche doesnt matter at all ;__;
Sep 24, 2011 7:38 PM

May 2010
damn this episode made me cry a ton well i started crying on the fireworks scene i really hoped it would have the same ending as clannad but i didnt it was really sour but i love it non the less awesome anime
Sep 27, 2011 7:48 AM

Oct 2010
T.T ... I had never cried so much with anime.
Sep 28, 2011 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
After putting this series on hold for a while I'm glad I finally finished it. The ending was perfect for this series. I agree with a few about how the characters were pretty annoying but hey in the end it was all about Menma. Didn't think I'd cry but eventually did, god damn Jintan X Menma.

Overall, great series 9/10.
@-Quasar: Lmao, that's just pure win.
Sep 30, 2011 9:38 AM
Apr 2011
I think I cried in almost every, or second episode in this series. I'm really sensitive to these kind of anime/shows ): I always thought her wish was some cliche thing like, for them 5 to be good friends again, and stay good friends forever. So, I guess it was nice to see something else.
I also thought that although it was pretty cruel of menma to return and for them to have to part with her for the second time, it helped all of them. Their time stopped moving along with menma's when her life ended, and now it's finally moving again. I was so happy and sad that she had to leave in the end.
My favourite parts of this series would definitely be the part where they all acknowledge she's there due to her writing in her diary, all of them confessing their selfish reason to send her off (especially poppo!!) and the end bit when they found her.

I don't think a longer series would've been better. It would've dragged on too long (for me at least). 10/10 for me. (:
Oct 1, 2011 3:20 AM

Jul 2011
finish it in one go , overall great anime but not masterpiece material.

sometimes this anime is trying to hard to make people bawling for the sake of melodrama and strangely most of the time they succeed.

Poppo's revelation is really nice , almost make me bawling. still no tears is dropped.

my only complaints are it took so long for the rest of the gang to know that menma is there when menma is a ghost who can eat and cook and how menma isn't shown at the epilogue

9/10
Oct 1, 2011 11:55 AM
Apr 2008
The ending was surprisingly more satisfying than I thought. I really liked how everybody's feelings were conveyed properly. :)
Oct 2, 2011 4:08 PM

Mar 2011
I lol'd when they started screaming. It was horrible. I would give this anime a 9/10, but that was so fucking awful that I give it an 8/10.
Oct 10, 2011 4:03 PM

Dec 2010
I watched this episode for more than 10 times and it still makes me cry...like...real cry, not just tears....x333
Oct 12, 2011 4:38 PM

Sep 2011
This is heart breaking. When I watched this, it made me nostalgic. It reminded me of my own childhood and a close friend who is no longer with me. May she rest in peace.

It's a beautiful story, I recommend everyone watch this show. It's worth the 11 wonderful episodes.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Oct 13, 2011 1:02 PM
Oct 24, 2011 11:28 AM
Aug 2011
Why I can't stop crying?

10/10
Oct 24, 2011 12:22 PM

Feb 2009
I give props to this series for building up a story about friendship and its hardships that never actually made much of an impact in me in its run, but that by the end, everything simply becomes perfection, while hitting the human in you with one hundred emotions. I'm not referring to a happy or sad ending, but to the whole concept of conclusion. AnoHana simply ends on a perfect note.

So what wasn't perfect? I felt that at some points some of the drama and character relationships do feel a little forced (kinda like in a soap opera) in spite of the masterfully execution, pacing and unique characters. But as I said, even if it doesn't stand out like an After Story, the whole experience can be 100% felt... For the end is simply fantastic.

With that said I do feel I have watched one of the best endings of all time. Be it from a good or excellent story, achieving an ultimately emotional and satisfying ending must take an unthinkable dose of skill and effort. Well done.
VeethornOct 24, 2011 12:25 PM
Oct 26, 2011 10:34 AM
Mar 2011
No anime has ever touched me emotionally like this one has. I don't think I have ever cried so much watching a show like I did watching this one T_T

Id give it a 20/10 if I could but 10/10 will do

Amazing... just top notch writing, drawing, everything.
Oct 29, 2011 10:46 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't cry for two reasons: The tears were hyped up by everyone so much that it didn't hit me in that way. And the second reason is that it was overall a very happy ending. Everyone moved on with their lives in a satisfying, and emotionally fulfilling way.
Oct 30, 2011 5:07 PM

May 2008
An anime that gives you a good feeling.
Oct 31, 2011 6:38 PM

Aug 2009
azzyzx said:
finish it in one go , overall great anime but not masterpiece material.

sometimes this anime is trying to hard to make people bawling for the sake of melodrama and strangely most of the time they succeed.

Poppo's revelation is really nice , almost make me bawling. still no tears is dropped.

my only complaints are it took so long for the rest of the gang to know that menma is there when menma is a ghost who can eat and cook and how menma isn't shown at the epilogue

9/10

My sentiments exactly.

Also, I laughed when they all started howling. That was too funny.

The ending was nice. We can easily predict what'll happen next.

One of those series which leaves you with a warm feeling inside out after you finish it. Such are quite rare now.

9/10
Nov 2, 2011 7:48 AM
Apr 2010
When Anaru, Tsukiatsu and the likes read Menma's letter to them, something hit me in the head and BAM!

I cried non-stop.

Departure/ separation is something I can relate to. I hate it when someone whom I loved dearly left me. This anime kinda brings back all the bad memories lol..

Nevertheless, I enjoyed watching it. :)
9/10
Nov 3, 2011 11:21 AM

Oct 2011
I've cried so much watching this series, The last time I cried this much was when I watched Air
The emotion from each episodes takes over and before I know it i'm in tears...

I've enjoyed watching this series 10/10
Nov 4, 2011 2:51 PM
Oct 2011
devilzzy said:
I think I cried in almost every, or second episode in this series. I'm really sensitive to these kind of anime/shows ): I always thought her wish was some cliche thing like, for them 5 to be good friends again, and stay good friends forever. So, I guess it was nice to see something else.
I also thought that although it was pretty cruel of menma to return and for them to have to part with her for the second time, it helped all of them. Their time stopped moving along with menma's when her life ended, and now it's finally moving again. I was so happy and sad that she had to leave in the end.
My favourite parts of this series would definitely be the part where they all acknowledge she's there due to her writing in her diary, all of them confessing their selfish reason to send her off (especially poppo!!) and the end bit when they found her.

I don't think a longer series would've been better. It would've dragged on too long (for me at least). 10/10 for me. (:

wow pretty much exactly what I was going to say ;^; its one amazing anime
Nov 5, 2011 10:07 PM

Feb 2011
So normal, so pathetic. Why did you americans drop the bomb on the poor japs_ you fucked them all up. Now they start shouting bullshit.

Anyway the show was "decent" giving it a 7 for the art, the story was a bit cliche, the characters didn't really leave an impression.
Nov 7, 2011 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
The only other time I've ever cried during an anime was during After Story and I haven't seen an anime as captivating as it since, until I watched this. The characters all had their faults but overcame them as a group at the end. The pacing of this episode was just fantastic and the ending was so well done. I felt the urgency and tension throughout the entire episode, and entire series at that.

10 out of glorious 10.
Nov 12, 2011 12:37 PM

Aug 2011
When they kept yelling where are you was blarghh
They were all to desperate in my opinion....
But alas it all ended well :3
Nov 15, 2011 9:44 PM

Sep 2008
The ending knocked it from an 8 to a 7 :(
I loved the show up until everyone found out how Menma was for real.
Pages (25) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

217 by NillyPC »»
Apr 22, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.